Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action Empty
PostSubject: XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action   XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:12 am

XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action 8FQEt

Quick Search (Use Ctrl+F)
[S1] Archives
[S2] Overview
[S3] Spotlight Article
[S4] Feud Updates
[S5] Rambles & Raves
[S6] Rumor Mill
[S7] Interview
[S8] The Stars Speak Out
[S9] Superstar Rankings
[S10] Winners & Losers
[S11] XWL Roundtable
[S12] Wrap Up

[S1]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action LBwDO
Missed an old newsletter? Want to re-read an old article? Catch up here!
9/23/11, 10/2/11, 5/13/12, 5/20/12, 5/27/12, 6/3/12, 6/10/12, 6/17/12, 6/25/12, 7/1/12, 7/16/12, 7/22/12, 7/30/12, 8/7/12, 12/4/12, 12/12/12, 12/19/12, 1/3/13, 1/8/13, 1/23/13, 1/30/13, 2/6/13, 2/14/13, 5/13/13, 5/23/13

[S2]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action 7f3Sx
The last show before the pay per view did a stellar job setting up Unforgiven to look like one hell of a show. And in case you missed it, we were there to catch the good and the bad, and of course, put our own nonsensical spin on it.

[S3]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action LhMLo

……….When the newsletter first returned from hiatus, a grand total of two issues ago, we talked about the superstars who have been in and out of the picture almost as much as we have. But what about those who aren’t around? You know the one’s I’m talking about, they just have seemed to fallen off the face of the planet without a whimper forcing the show to go on without them, though we’d much rather see them take part in it. We scoured the roster for possible names, had intense discussions while eating pizza and sipping on beer and we even had to check our list twice in what was truly a grueling process. In the end we came up with three satisfactory superstars who we wish would just come back already.

XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action 220px-Joey_Ryan_LVV

……….Joey Ryan is an interesting guy. When your girlfriend is around, you have no choice but to detest his actions, but then there’s that small part of you who has to admire a guy who sees what he wants and then grabs it, even if it happens to be the body part of another woman. Ryan was one of the fastest rising stars XWL has ever seen, taking the league by storm with his sleazy antics, and untamed chest hair that made him unique in his own right and as dangerous as any other man to step into that ring. He kept rising up the card in a blur, but when he finally worked his way into the main event he kept on tumbling, until he finally fell off into obscurity not to be heard from since. Whether it’s a secret injury, STD or parental drama, Ryan needs to sort out his issues quick because it’s easy to notice that something’s missing when he’s not around.

XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action Ezekiel

……….Ezekiel Jackson was no doubt an entertaining guy, for good and bad reasons, who put on some solid matches and promos. Say what you want about the man, but you could tell that he was an extremely hard worker getting better the longer he was around and his work paid off with multiple title matches. However, after his loss to Wade Barrett at Final Stand, Big Zeke hasn’t been seen and you have to wonder if he’ll ever be back. Using his amazing strength he was able to bulldoze through most opponents with ease, and that display of power isn’t something you can get from most of the current group of XWL guys. He may not have ever been confused with the best, but he was slowly working his way up there, and who knows? Stranger things have happened, and if he hadn’t disappeared Big Zeke could have been one of the top dogs in the company right now.

XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action 220px-Kane_at_Raw_House_Show_2011

……….Kane is another guy who inexplicably disappeared after destroying Randy Orton at Final Stand. The Monster who always had something twisted and wicked to say, suddenly fell silent after the pay per view and has remained that way ever since. Kane was always one of those superstars who could have been more than he is in XWL, but these repeated unexplained absences are what’s been hurting him all throughout his career. Though the rest of the XWL Roster may be happy to not have to deal with the likes of The Big Red Machine, there’s no doubt that having a monster lurking around always maybe for some quality conflicts and confrontation. Whether Kane will be back sooner rather than later remains to be seen, and one can only wonder what’s kept him out of the spotlight for this long.

XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action Missingperson

……….What these three men have in common is the fact that they’ve been gone for what feels like forever and it would be great to have them back. What differentiates them is what they bring to the table in terms of skill and ability and of course not all of them are seen equal in the eyes of the fan, though we here at the newsletter aren’t ones to discriminate.

[S4]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action PKs20
Who’s been getting on each other’s nerves lately?

Maryse vs. Kharma vs. Chuck Taylor
Maryse had some big words for her two adversaries and while Taylor wasn’t as much of a pest, Kharma proved to be too much woman to handle and now Maryse’s arm may not even be 100% come Unforgiven.

Kaitlyn vs. Natalya
While Kaitlyn watched at ringside, Natalya fell to The Bellas and coming off several loses in a row, Natalya may actually more dangerous than ever before.

Layla vs. The Bella Twins
Layla inadvertently handed The Bellas victory, but she already proved that she can beat them in a handicap match, though at Unforgiven she won’t have Kaitlyn at her side.

Ted DiBiase, Jr. vs. Cody Rhodes
Ted and Cody didn’t wait until Unforgiven to attempt to rip each other to shreds. The contempt felt towards each other has been building for months and at the rate they’re going one of them may not walk out of Unforgiven.

John Cena vs. Jack Swagger
Cena found everyone but the man he was looking for, but here’s hoping that Swagger can find the ring, so that these two men can put this one-sided conflict to bed.

AJ Styles vs. Davey Richards
Some harsh words were traded between these men, and for the first time in what seems like forever AJ Styles finds himself in a position where he has to prove that he hasn’t lost a step, while Richard is going to show that maybe Styles’ time in the wrestling world is up.

Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler
Jericho and Ziggler decided to save the fighting for Unforgiven, though a wrench was thrown into their plans when it was announced that Ambrose would be in the mix.

Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston
The match between the two men was made official and with the unpredictable AJ in his corner, the edge in what may be the final conflict in this rivalry may go to Daniel Bryan. However, with the unpredictable AJ in Daniel Bryan’s corner, Kofi may be able to get the better of his adversary.

The Miz vs. Chris Sabin
Sabin came back in a big way, thwarting an attack from The Miz, and with a match between the two announced, Sabin may get that revenge he’s been searching for.

CM Punk vs. Christian
Punk didn’t hesitate answering Christian’s challenge, and even though Christian has beaten him before, it would seem that Punk is the one with the most confidence heading into the match.

Carlito vs. Randy Orton
Looking to get back on the fast track to the top, Carlito singled out one particular superstar to get into the ring with. Unfortunately, Orton didn’t seem interested.

Madison Eagles vs. Torrie Wilson
These two women are out to prove that they’re worth paying attention to, but the way they see it there’s only room for one and not the other.

Kevin Steen vs. Cactus Jack
Steen managed to land a few blows to send a message to Cactus Jack, but that only seemed to make Jack more eager to get into the steel cage at Unforgiven.

Mr. Perfect vs. Alberto Del Rio
Del Rio sent a big message to Bobby Heenan and his client by throwing him through a car window, and now that that arm has already been softened up, Del Rio may have this one in the bag.

[S5]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action JA3ik
We give our thoughts, whether they make sense or not, on the segments that graced our televisions this week.

Maryse
Although it wasn’t much of an interview, I enjoyed the segment and in general I’ve been enjoying your face work as Maryse and the overall feud with Taylor has been entertaining, though it only being you on the promo side of things (iirc) for the past few weeks really drags things down.

Kassius Ohno
Feel like I’m beating a dead horse but… capitalize your “I”s among other words. Watch your wording as seen here: “I lost by via submission.” You don’t need both “by” & “via” in the sentence. Actually that whole sentence sums up the grammatical issues I had. I lost by via submission. which in the record books counts which shouldn't but the thing that doesn't come clearly to me is why would Davey take the cheap way out when you have so many more opportunities to win via pin. You have a period after submission yet continue the sentence as if it weren’t there, you need commas before the word “which”, probably one after shouldn’t too, or take out the word “but” and start a fresh sentence beginning with “The thing that doesn’t come clearly…” A sentence that is structured like a question yet doesn’t end with a question mark. The overall promo was all right, Christian actually surprised me as a guest and his bits were fun to read despite some repetition, and I liked how Kassius gave a little comparison of the two men’s careers.

Kaitlyn
I really like (actually hate cause I’m not her) the way to play Kaitlyn: simple, down to earth and straight to the earth. There’s not enough talking about her thighs, but I can look past that considering this was a really great interview to read. Especially loved the “two eyes locked on four people” line as it perfectly summed up the way Kaitlyn is surrounded by people who she doesn’t feel that she can trust. Also, that awkward moment at the end with Kaitlyn reaching for her non-existent belt is another example of the small things you well as her, and I’ll be the first to shed a tear when you finally drop her. (pls.)

Summer Rae/Layla
Looks like Summer is going to bring back some of that feistiness missing from the divas division. Her opening portion was nice and her back and forth with Layla later, including that first retort back, was enjoyable. Layla’s opening line was further incentive to question if she’s truly turned a new leaf as was her taking time out to remind Summer that she’s the most decorated diva, which was one of her favorite things to do as a heel.

Antonio Cesaro
Nice little promo to get back into the swing of things as Cesaro. Reminded me of your old stuff as him, sans Aksana, and overall is was a nice read, no major complaints, and I’m looking forward to seeing you build off of this.

Maryse/Layla
Some inspirational stuff between these two and I like that it came across like a candid conversation, where they both just let it all out in the open because I guess they felt that they were in similar enough situations that it was okay to confide their true feelings to each other. Got to see what was really going through their heads, how they truly felt about what they were going through and all of that combined made for a solid read.

Ted DiBiase
Ted’s angry is essentially what you get from this entire promo, he’s even using bad words now. (What about the children?) Angry and fed up and ready to crack some skulls, and it’s been really fun to watch this slow transformation over the months to this grumpy guy we have in front of us today.

John Cena & Friends
I believe I said it before, but I like all the light stuff you’re doing as Cena to detract from all the serious business that goes on here. A few funny moments, loved the Bellas’ joint OMG. Keep doing what you’re doing.

AJ Styles vs. Davey Richards
It’s good to see you (AJ Styles) promoing because when you put the work in you’re pretty good. Nice to see that you two guys are putting this feud together, which I hope escalates into something big and amazing. Some grammar hiccups knocked the overall quality down a peg, but it was actually great from the get go, and when Richards came into the picture things got even better.

Kharma
I was getting into it when it abruptly ended, so here’s hoping that you add a little more to your Kharma stuff so she becomes a force in and out of the ring.

Eric Young
The color was indeed a bit hard to read, maybe bold it or choose a lighter shade. Seemed rushed, so hoping you have a bit more time to make the next EY segment special.

Mickie/Bellas
Doesn’t seem like the person who’s Mickie was involved with the writing of the seg, but that’s the power of collaboration. The Bellas going out of their way to vilify Layla to all the divas and undue all her hard work made this awesome.

Cody Rhodes/Ted DiBiase
If only you did matches, what could be of Cody’s career in XWL… The overall promo itself was excellent. Loved the flow and wording and particularly enjoy how Cody continues twisting the past and facts to make Ted seem like the bad guy and himself like a hero. Ted’s promo earlier perfectly set things up for the epic brawl to come later on, though attempting to run someone over should land him in jail.

Chris Jericho
Was hoping after the pillow fight business we’d get more of that side of Jericho, though it’s understandable that he’d take a more serious approach considering the situation he’s in. Promo was great as is standard fare.

The Shield
I agree with what Zander said, or at least what I think he said, in that the parts weren’t as balanced but if that the way it was intended for things to be then the promo was great for what it was. Everyone’s section was a pleasure to read, could definitely feel the intensity and the danger, and you all are getting better working and playing off each other.

Kofi Kingston/Daniel Bryan
Solid promo to set up and hype up the match you two and I liked that at points both men acknowledged that AJ could be considered the wild card. Bryan’s parts were pretty funny and I liked how Kofi compared and contrasted certain aspects of the two men, in what was an entertaining segment in an entertaining show.

Christian II
It seemed you could have thrown this in during the first promo, but I definitely didn’t regret reading it as it did a fine job of making the challenge and how much you want to get at CM Punk known to the world.

Chris Sabin
Enjoyed this as at times the emotional frustration was evident, and even though Sabin was pretty serious throughout and did a nice job letting his feeling about the attacks he’s suffered known, I also liked that you threw in some lines that lighted the mood.

Carlito
Carlito’s frustrations are understandable, and it was smart of him to get right back into the thick of things by making it known that he’s gunning for the top dog. As usual with your Carlito stuff this was a fun read and here’s hoping you and Orton work well together.

CM Punk
Was there a significant meaning behind the word world, aside from the end? ‘Cause you kept capitalizing it and I don’t recall that happening in the past. In any case, this was top-notch promoing as usual, from you. For the most part it everything flowed nicely, there was some slick one-liners and you just have a knack for capturing the Punk character almost perfectly.

Randy Orton
Stopped reading when Mathews claimed Carlito retired MVP, though luckily that was near the end of the promo so I read enough to see that it looks like you’re going for dark and demented Randy which will make for some good reading in the future.

Madison Eagles/Torrie Wilson
I enjoyed reading the Eagles segment as she didn’t waste any time getting to her point and showing just how much it hurts her ego to see Torrie Wilson getting the attention that Eagles isn’t. As for the Torrie half of this, you kept spelling Madison wrong, which isn’t a good look, but that was really the only flaw to an otherwise fine promo. I’m liking this budding rivalry between two women who both want to make her name for themselves, but have different attitudes for going about that, which led to this clash.

Kevin Steen/Cactus Jack
Was hoping for a bit more back and forth than one person speaking after the other, but regardless both you guys were great in this and I really hope this feud hasn’t been overlooked because of when stuff is posted. You two are putting the X in XWL and Steen and Cactus are the perfect guys to attempt that feat. Looking forward to what should be an epic steal cage match.

Mr. Perfect/Alberto Del Rio
Well that’s one way accept a match.

Dolph Ziggler/Chris Jericho
Wonderful way to close off the show, with one last hype up before the big match and what a twist it was to see that Dean Ambrose got himself into the match. It was a great way to end the show on a high note and with more questions than answers.

[S6]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action TXGqA

Bitter Canadian
After suffering from numerous losses over the weeks, a source close to the diva locker has informed us that Natalya will refuse to continue as an XWL superstar if she doesn’t win the title.

Bitter Show off
After Dean Ambrose crept into his title match at the last second, Dolph Ziggler has allegedly told a close friend that he will refuse to continue as an XWL superstar if he doesn’t win the title.

Bitter Irishman
After XWL failed to produce the television he wanted to see, a fan only known by the name Adam has apparently threated to boycott the company if his favorite wrestlers don’t win a title.

[S7]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action KUK1Q
Austin sat down with Seme this week to talk a little bit about his XWL career thus far among other things.

[Austin - TheAustinHogan]
Sorry people for not getting one last week, Daniel Bryan was too busy to sit down with us so now we have the leader of the Semen, ItzSumGodlySeme, Semeraro22 or Seme! So Seme, it's 12:40 am about and I've got to ask, how's it going?

[Seme - Semeraro22]
It’s going pretty good, just working on some stuff for the PPV and for YouTube. How about you?

I'm doing fine. Now, you mention Youtube. *cough* youtube.com/itzsumgolyseme, subscribe *cough* You've been doing it for some time, what got you into youtube?

[Seme - Semeraro22]
Well I just enjoy video games, it’s a way to get away from the craziness of whatever is going on in your day and just enjoy yourself. I started recording and uploading Black Ops videos and stopped shortly after due to quality and went on hiatus till I started my own recorded and scripted CAW show on WWE games, basically real life pro wrestling for lazy, unathletic people like myself and that fizzled shortly till it became what it is now, a hub for sports, shooters, and all around fun!

And we can't forget, you just hit 100 subs! Pretty awesome, right? Only 999,900 to go before you become a popular Youtuber!

[Seme - Semeraro22]
Yes! Well it doesn’t take quite that many to be considered popular but I do feel accomplished reaching 100; that means there are at least 50 of those 100 that enjoy my content and watch it because it entertains them, and that's all I want.

Yeah, or maybe they subbed out of pity! Oooohhh, but I'm going to touch back at Youtube again considering it's something that makes you different from other XWL members. Now a XWL related question. You've been in XWL for some time now and most of that time you've been Alberto Del Rio! What makes you like him so much to be him for this long?

[Seme - Semeraro22]
I really don’t have an answer. Maybe it’s just sentimental since he was my first guy and ironically the two characters I wanted when first joining were Christian and Kofi, I ended up being Del Rio and got Christian after Rene quit or maybe a little after that, can’t quite remember and then went on hiatus for college following a couple months after that. And besides my stint as Storm I’ve always been with Del Rio because it seems that Im the only person who enjoys using him. I guess I have an idea of the character I want to eventually build him into in XWL, like Kofi, and just have been to in and out to get it. Plus I like typing culo.

culo?

[Seme - Semeraro22]
Culo = Ass in Spanish. It must have been used at least 1000 times between me and Z during the 6 month on and off Rock/Rio feud.

So ass, sounds like David. Moving on! And it's funny you mention Z because I was just going to ask something about him. How fun is it to work with him? You worked with him when you first joined and now you are working with him again in the Daniel/Kofi stuff, that has been pretty damn funny I must say.

[Seme - Semeraro22]
Out of everyone I’ve worked with he’s probably been my favorite. I LOVED everything he did as The Rock and only wish I had a better grasp on writing promos and Del Rio’s character to get even more out of our feud. This time around it’s been different because I know my take on Kofi and he has come up with a funny albeit amazing take on Bryan which is awesome because it let me do that funny comic book promo. But Z is great and amazing to work with, shout out to Pats for the Kofi/Rollins feud because he was always thinking of new ideas and pitching them which is great they don’t have to be good ideas as long as your trying to think of things to do to progress the feud, also he was always on top of prmos.

You had to have liked Cena/Del Rio though, honorable mention? I think so. Now, gonna touch back onto youtube. If I stand corrected, you said you would "sing to Queen songs in the shower, naked" or something along the lines of that, to get subscribers. Care to elaborate on this and give us an estimated release date?

[Seme - Semeraro22]
Well, it was more of a sarcastic answer to an annoying question by my youngest brother, the question being “What type of video would you upload if your current subs worked to get you to 1 Million?” and with me I get exaggerated very quickly with my sarcastic responses and that kinda came out. Plus I love Queen and taking shower naked, and once 1 million subscribers rolls around I might hit up some “Fat Bottom Girls” with a bar of soap

I'll be sure to check it out, that is if you get that many subs. Now, a pretty generic related league question. But If you were given the chance to feud with any current XWL superstar or diva, who would you choose and why would you choose them?

[Seme - Semeraro22]
Well I’ll do it with Kofi vs and Alberto vs simply because I’ve thought this over to myself before many times. Kofi v.s. Cody Rhodes (Jon) have loved him as Rhodes since forever and just really enjoy everything he does, did a couple short promos with him as Stom and loved it. Honrable mention Ziggler (Adam) Pretty much the same thing as Jon except Adam has entertained me with any guy he’s been Miz and Ziggler are tops. And as Del Rio I have wanted to feud with Ted DiBiase for basically since I finished the feud with The Rock. I think it would be pretty fun with two rich guys beating the snot out of each other. Honorable mention would be Red as anybody just because I don’t think I’ve even had a match with him since joining and you! Because you always entertain me with your promos!

You better mention me, we got to serve them Tacos to everyone someday. Now we have two more questions counting this one. I don't want to end the interview off on a generic question, so here comes another one your way. If you could be any superstar/diva in XWL, who would it be? Note! You can steal a superstar/diva from someone else.

[Seme - Semeraro22]
God I have two, CM Punk would be the first simply because he’s been my favorite superstar since joining ECW. I wasn’t a big indy guy but I watched one of his and Joe’s matches and I was like “DAMN!” doing my best Ron Simmons and just followed him since. And probably Cody Rhodes, I’ve been high on him since he was paired with Hardcore Holly simply because I thought I saw something special in him and when he finally split from Legacy and hit SmackDown! it really peeked my interest as what it would be like to be him.

Interesting choices, intereting yet pretty generic choices as alot would want to be them lol. But last question! You've been someone who has flirted with championships in XWL for a while now. Almost winning one as Alberto Del Rio and James Storm. Will 2013 be the year Seme brings home championship gold, doesn't matter which championship, to his Semen?

[Seme - Semeraro22]
Well first off stop trying to get me to call my subscribers “Semen and Sewomen” it won’t happen......yet. And I hope! I have high hopes for Kofi as I really enjoy being him both promo wise and in the ring so we’ll see where he takes me! I’ve come up short so many times it’s funny honestly, finished second in my 4-Way title match debut to Z, and then in the same show finished second in the chamber for the World Championship to Ash and second in the United States title tournament to Ash. So hopefully I buck that trend with my next opportunity! Also if they are to generic of guys I’d want to be, I’d say Rey Mysterio as a choice because he was my first “favorite” wrestler and just never got my shot to be him because of higher interests in other guys. FOR GREAT YOUTUBE CONTENT THAT IS BETTER THEN MINE, GO TO youtube.com/TheAustinHogan! And also anyone good at video editing get at me! And send me the answer to newsletter question! Need more responses! RAWR!

I didn't edit that last part in, maybe just the better then Seme's channel part. Never meant generic as a bad things, just they are big names that people like and want to be. But thanks for taking the time for this! All you Semen and Sewomen out there, be sure to check out his Youtube channel! We still have a Daniel Bryan and CM Punk interview scheduled, just need Zander to send answers and I need to send Shuggz the questions. Sorry guys! Deal with Seme for now.

[S8]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action Is5b2
Last week’s question: Which superstar on the roster, other than yourself, do you have respect for?

XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action QGsDAjH
[Brie Bella]: Respect for these divas? Are you stupid? I don't have respect for any of these divas in this company except for my sister Nikki Bella. No divas work harder in this company than Nikki and I. Kaitlyn? Please, don't even go there. Now that would be disrespecting us. So she's gotten by for the past couple of months, big deal. Doesn't mean I have to respect her for holding the title so long. Divas like Layla get no respect in my eyes, she's a backstabbing bitch to be quite blunt, I call it how I see it. And Summer Rae, Kelly Kelly, these little girls, get no respect, they destroy the art of wrestling, simple.
[Nikki Bella]: And no diva in this locker room can be as pretty, smart, and skillful like the Bella Twins. Until then, no diva in this locker room gets our respect at the moment. Come back when a few of these divas have proven themselves.

XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action Normal_vlcsnap-2012-08-28-18h30m34s87

[John Cena]
One person I respect? Despite having our differences in the past, I've got to go ahead and say The Rock. The reason for that is because the guy goes out there and puts on the best performances, despite being a good guy or a bad guy, and the fans eat it up every time. He may be out of action as of this moment, but I still hear him talked about by workers and fans. It's pretty crazy if you think about it. Don't consider this a compliment or anything, Rock, I'm still ready to beat you around that ring the next chance I get.

XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action Normal_-WWE_Inbox-_-_Who_Would_Be_Your_Manager-_flv_000073040

[Kaitlyn]
Well, I'd like to pick a Diva out of the bunch that I respect but I can't really think of one that comes to name. All of them have something or do something that just turns me off on them. So that leaves the superstar I guess. I'm going to go with Ted DiBiase. The reason is because he has more heart and puts more into this company then anyone else, it's hard not to respect the guy. He never gives up, always fights for what he believes, and it's just hard not to respect the guy.

[S9]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action 1wokB
*This will return to the old way after Unforgiven.

[S10]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action Xtn3E
Who had a week to remember, and who wanted it to be over sooner rather than later?

Winners
The Shield
Both Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose got their way and got their title matches at Unforgiven and in a few short weeks they may become the top dogs in their respective divisions.

The Bella Twins
The devious twins fooled Mickie James into believing Layla trashed her locker room and then later in the night they pulled a fast one on Natalya.

Cody Rhodes
Rhodes may not have gotten a chance to finish the job, but he did enough to send a very powerful message to his adversary Ted DiBiase.

Losers
Mr. Perfect
Nearly getting your arm broken is not the kind of momentum you want to be riding off heading into a pay per view match.

Jack Swagger
After talking up a big game for weeks, Swagger was inconspicuously absent when John Cena went looking for him.

Carlito
His challenge was shut down by a man that didn’t even seem to know who he was. That’s gotta hurt.

[S11]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action EIlsi
If you had to pick a list of 5 matches from the past, and those matches were the only ones you could watch for the rest of your life what would they be?

Austin:
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho
Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker
Edge and Christian vs. The Hardys vs. Dudley Boyz
Daniel Bryan vs. William Regal
Dean Ambrose vs. William Regal

Josheagles:
1: Samoa Joe vs Cm Punk ROH 2004
2: Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker WM 26
3: Cm Punk vs John Cena Money in the Bank 2011
4: Davey Richards vs Eddie Edwards Best in the World 2011
5: AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle Hard Justice 2008

Dash:
1. Kazarian vs. Christopher Daniels
I honestly believe that these two are the best workers in TNA right now, and considering the fact that they are now partners, I think watching one of their previous matches could be pretty entertaining.

2. Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
No one has and no one ever will give Undertaker as big a challenge as HBK did both years he faced him at Wrestlemania. The tension in the arena when HBK faced him for the second time, this match literally had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I actually believed that HBK may be the one to break the streak. I could watch either of these matches for the rest of my life and it would never get dull.

3. Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels
I feel like HBK also gave Orton his best matches. I won't pick just one, but I think these two worked well together, and they sell each others moves so perfectly, I don't think it would matter to me which one of their matches I went back and watched because I'd love any of them.

4. The Third Elimination Chamber
To me, this was the best elimination chamber that WWE ever put on (Probably because I missed the first and second).I was a huge fan of Evolution and although this wasn't Orton's first taste of the main event spot, to me this was the match that elevated Orton's career.

5. Any Money in the Bank match
I'm not really fussed which one I would end up watching as long as it isn't the second since I can't stand Rob Van Dam. I don't remember much of the money in the bank matches but I think eight superstars in the ring with a load of ladders and one briefcase would be entertaining no matter who is competing.

Me (A.K.A. Seme):
Chris Benoit v.s. Shawn Micheals vs HHH - WrestleMania XX
The Undertaker vs Shawn Micheals - Either WrestleMania match
Daniels vs Styles vs Joe - Unbreakable 2005
Motor City Machine Guns v.s. Beer Money - Any match they had from the Best of Series
Shelley vs Sabin - X-Division Title match can't remember the show

Gregg:
Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 21
Tyler Black vs Davey Richards at Death Before Dishonor VIII
Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels at No Mercy 2008
Motorcity Machine Guns vs Generation Me at Destination X 2010
Lita vs Trish in the main event of Raw.
I think that's a pretty good mix of everything. Technical wrestling (HBK vs Kurt), insaneness (Black vs Richards), awesome wrestling with a stip (Y2J vs HBK), highflying (MCMG vs Gen Me) and proper divas wrestling (Trish vs Lita).

Bang:
Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker from Wrestlemania 25
Shawn Michaels vs Triple H at Summerslam 2002
Mankind vs Undertaker at King of the Ring
John Cena vs CM Punk at Money in the Bank
Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker at Badd Blood

What is your favorite video game of all time? From any generation, console anything.

Austin:
I can't answer this. I've had so many favorite games of all time that it is just too hard to narrow it down to just one game. The Original Halo was the first one that came to mind when I thought of a game though, so I guess I'll just go with that. Halo: Combat Evolved for the original Xbox but was originally remastered for the XBox 360! Yep.

Josheagles:
Mine would have to be Heavy Rain. The great graphics. The amazing story line. But what made the difference for me was that the decisions you make can alter the story line.

Dash:
Kingdom Hearts
I never expected myself to enjoy a Disney game, but when I went over to my friends house one day, she wanted to play it so I sat on the couch and watched, bored out of mind as she played the game. I then got my turn at the game and ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Once I went home, I still wanted to play the game so I got my parents to order me the first and second games. When they arrived I was thrilled, and I pretty much did nothing other than play them 24/7. It took me around 36 hours to get to the end of the first, I loved the storyline, the Disney and Square Enix characters you'd encounter and the basic mechanics of the game. I never ended up completing the first because I just couldn't beat the last form of Ansem, and I was one of those kids who RAGE when they play games, so I never went back to try again. I still played the second though, but when I started it I was completely confused. I didn't understand why I was playing as some blonde kid instead of Sora. (Of course now I realise that I had to play Chain of Memories on GBA(Fuck you Square Enix)) But yeah after I gave it time and got used to it, I ended up enjoying the game. The Organization 13 has to be my favourite group of rivals in any game. They were all entertaining in their own way and the battles that each one gave me weren't that challenging, but they were definitely fun. The storyline in the second game was a lot better than the first one too. You had to complete each world twice, one in Disney mode and once in Organization 13 mode. It made the game more enjoyable overall and it took more time to complete it. There were a lot more side quests in this game too which is always fun, at least for me. I would play any of these two games again and still enjoy them as much as I did back then. Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 on PS4.

Me (A.K.A. Seme):
I love that someone said Heavy Rain, mainly because I'm dying to play still but can't because of that damn exclusiveness! Sad But I would have to say recently it's BioShock Infinite and it's not close, that games environment, the story, everything was absolutely beautiful and amazing and blew my mind and I beat the story around 4.5 times before letting it rest. All time I'd have to say Metal Gear Solid for Playstation and some of the features in it blew my mind at my age (6 or 7). I didn't fully understand the story of the game until years later but even then I knew that it was a deep game with an interesting, yet confusing plot.

Gregg:
Metal Gear Solid, Playstation One. I've probably completed that game at least 20 times in the past. I loved the stealth action and the story behind it. It was the first game I played that had a deep story.

Bang:
I've played a lot of games, always loved the Final Fantasy series but the endings always suck giant dicks and Halo series is tippy toppers too. I love the Super Mario Bros games too, and the Yoshi ones, Kirby is good too. The first three Crash and Spyro games were the shit and the Tomb Raider games on PS1. My favorite though is probably GTA: Vice City for V-Rock if nothing else.

What do you consider to be your favorite acting performance? (Ex. Heath Ledger as Joker, Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, etc. P.S. Those are not my choices but popular examples I could think of although RDJ as Stark is the most accurate casting decision ever.)

Austin:
I've got to go with Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark a.k.a. Iron Man. The reason for this is he plays the role so good, it is like it comes natural to him. I've never got bored of any of the Iron Man or Avengers movies and he is without a doubt my favorite, and the perfect choice to play the role of Iron Man. A couple other honorable mentions could go to Mark Wahlberg (He plays John Bennett in Ted) and Norman Reedus (He plays Daryl Dixon in the Walking Dead). Both of which play their roles good and I really enjoy them, but neither could compete with RDJ as Tony Stark/Iron Man.

Josheagles:
Ronald Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket as gunnery segeant Hartmen. The insults in this movie were great but that's not the reason I chose him I chose him because most if not all of his insults were all improvised which made it all the better.

Dash:
I've never been much of a movie buff so I'm not really sure what to pick here. I did like The Dark Knight though, so I'm going to be that guy and just steal one of the examples.

Me (A.K.A. Seme):
I personally believe that the best casting, as I mentioned was RDJ as Tony Stark as he is essentially the real life Tony Stark but I really get captivated by other performances as well so I'll exclude my top and go with a couple others. the first is the less of obvious choice and that would be Christian Bale in "The Fighter" Two of my favorite actors alongside each other playing brothers was awesome, and in a town no less than 30 minutes from where I was born made it even more awesome and I thought it couldn't be topped then Christian Bale graced my screen. He wasn't the main character but I'll be damned if he didn't make Mark Whalberg's (who is amazing in anything) performance in the movie 10000x better with the way he portrayed the brother. I highly recommend the movie if you haven't seen it. The other being a tie between John Krasinski from "The Office" and Andrew Lincoln from "The Walking Dead", starting with John even though the show started to slip his and Dwight's (Rainn Wilson) performances kept me hooked, they have this dynamic that just sucks you in and I'm excited to see more of John's stuff (He makes a cameo in a new season of something by NetFlix!). On to Lincoln, and although I love Norman as Daryl and his work in one of my favorite's "The Boondock Saints" it's Lincoln as Rick whose been keeping me engaged in the show with his crazy ass and I'm glad he finally has seemed to pull it together in the show!

Gregg:
Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer in 24. He made that role his own. I can't describe it, you have to see it in action.

Bang:
I loved Nick Cage in Kick-Ass, mostly because he got set on fire, that was hilarious, Zach Galifianakis Alan in the Hangover made him a household name over night when very few people knew who he was before those films. Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump was amazing though. I'd say that or Marlon Brando and Al Pacino in Godfather.

[S12]XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action IDHj4
Another week, another newsletter. Now answer the damn roundtable questions. :/

Interview List:
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan

Stars Speak Out Question:
How do you spend your time outside of the wrestling ring?

Roundtable Question
*Credit to Seme for helping out with this section, message him your answers..
What is the single moment that stands out most in YOUR (Of everything you've watched) wrestling history? Ex. I didn't get to see much of the Attitude Era or any of that being as wrestling was banned so excluding that stuff a one single moment that stands out would be Eddie and Benoit finally reaching the top of the mountain together and their celebration at WrestleMania XX.

What has been your favorite feud/superstar/segment you have been/done here in XWL?

What movie or TV show are you most looking forward to in the second half of this year?
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action   XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:28 am

Don't worry Seme, unless you like giving a somewhat dildo look-a-like object a handjob to brush your teeth, then you'd probably hate playing/watching Heavy Rain.
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action   XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Lol I saw my brother who just got a ps3 trying to shake Orange juice or something in game. Pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action   XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Newsletter 5/30: Missing in Action
Page 1 of 1