Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22

Go down 
+6
Tango
Stunner
Sinister
Strummania
Zack
P.R Son
10 posters
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Empty
PostSubject: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 10:00 am

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Pinkoctane

Live From:

The Moody Center in Austin, Texas

Arena For Matches:
NXT 2.0

Deadline:
4:30 PM EST / 1:30 PM PST / 9:30 PM GMT

WOMEN'S DIVISION SPOTLIGHT
SINGLES MATCH

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Nk9JtSx XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 KtHmVSg

SINGLES MATCH

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 PQV347B XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 DBk5WeX

SINGLES MATCH

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 CO20RuU XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 XWLPink-Asuka

SINGLES MATCH

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 8re6CXn XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 0euJFbB

SINGLES MATCH

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 ERxGcZ7 XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 0bbTcHh

FATAL FOUR WAY MATCH

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 NugZ8lZ XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 XWLPink-Carmella
 XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 CfGwb60 XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 5UH17ew

NOW UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 K80BFrJ XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 UxY1SJ4

MVP MAKES AN ANNOUNCEMENT

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 32jQ7is

THREE WAY DANCE
TRIPLE THREAT ELIMINATION MATCH

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Gpj8Gxv XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 NUyTiNs XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 PElj5dr

MAIN EVENT

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 9u54fTP

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 10:00 am

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Smack-down-pyro

After witnessing some of our top Superstars "Under Pressure" XWL Octane officially goes live to an extravagant display of pyrotechnics blasting off on the stage. After FAR too long, we have a sold-out crowd back in attendance tonight and they are ready to witness some more incredible action as XWL has at long last returned to full form. With the slates wiped clean at Under Pressure, tonight will reveal the fallout of that incredible night. Including the crowning of FOUR New ChampionS, Alexa Bliss defeating Sasha Banks & Sarah Logan to become Women's Champion...Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens overcoming two other teams in a Ladder Match to lay claim to the vacant titles of the recently reactivated division. But of course, our Main-Event of the evening "liv'd" up to the hype and saw Liv Morgan emerge as The NEW North American Champion coming out on top against three other Superstars to seize her moment. As the electricity emanates from our first live audience since 2020's shutdown...we expect now to head to our announce team to welcome The XWL Universe back as well as those watching at home but before the camera can take us to our duo of expertise...the sound of another Champion's theme echoes throughout The Arena.

The "Glorious" Anthem of our Longest Reigning World Heavyweight Champion in XWL history is the first sound this audience hears, and you'd think they'd be dying to scream in jubilation at almost ANYTHING tonight but absence did not make their hearts grow fonder of Robert Roode as he continued to be a colossal prick the whole time while they were simply just faces on a video board, unable to boo him out of the building Robert Roode may be a man of great success the past 500 days...but that's all to spite the fans that once serenaded him with the lyrics of his own theme. He is by far the most hated Superstar in XWL today and while their voices are no longer muted, we also see fans with their thumbs pointed down and a certain other hand gesture that is a little less subtle. We FEEL their hatred for this man that continue to remain on top even though they literally would cheer for ANY Superstar to take him down. A spotlight casts down on the stage where our World Champion stands with his arms spread wide as he boasts right from the get-go about his successful defense which resulted in The World Heavyweight Championship STILL remaining around his waist tonight.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 IhIVx8P

[Tom Hanifan]
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, XWL is LIVE in front of a SOLD OUT in-person audience at long last after a very trying time in the world, and in case you don't recognize my voice my name is Tom Hanifan, I used to be one of the backstage correspondents many years ago in XWL and much like our fans I have returned as your new lead analyst at the table...and I am honored to be sitting beside a lifelong fan of professional wrestling, and a crazy talented man who has made millions in all avenues of his career. Please give a warm welcome to Pat McAfee!

[Pat McAfee]
Only the warmest of welcomes, with the warmest of feelings, Tom! I am jumping out of my seat, as I sit here ready to call some incredible action alongside such a fine upstanding gentleman such as yourself.

[Tom Hanifan]
Well thank you, Pat and thank you XWL Universe for allowing us the privilege of sitting at this booth going forward to give you only the finest of viewing experiences.

[Pat McAfee]
Like a fine wine, our resumes have only gotten better over the years, you used to stand back there with your legs spread out to make some of those guys look like giants as you probed them with questions, and now your legs are comfortably slightly dangled from your seat as your chair is raised up so I don't do the same to you.

[Tom Hanifan]
You're like one inch taller than me, Pat...and my legs aren't dangling I'm just sitting back further.

[Pat McAfee]
Inches are like miles, Tom as Robert Roode inches closer down the stage, what do you think our World Heavyweight Champion has on his mind tonight?

As the lights become less harsh we see The Glorious One in all of his 'glory" as he shouts to the audience in attendance. "THAT'S RIGHT...GET A NICE LONG LOOK...YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS LEAVING MY WAIST? SERIOUSLY? HAVE YOU SEEN THE GUYS I'VE BEATEN? I WAITED TOO DAMN LONG TO WIN THIS, I'LL BE DAMNED IF I'M NOT WEARING THIS FOREVER!"  

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 MQaZgHM

[Tom Hanifan]
I think it's clear he's in a league of his own right now and with such an impressive defense at Under Pressure where he indeed remained a DIAMOND level competitor I don't need any sources to tell me he's here to gloat.

[Pat McAfee]
He's already in mid promo and he's not even holding a microphone yet, so I think you could easily take that bet down to Vegas and leave a certified winner. But as he proclaims to be champion "forever" you and I both know there is no forever after in wrestling so something has to give the question is are we on the precipice of the end, or merely just getting started now 300 some odd days in his reign?

[Tom Hanifan]
316 days to be exact, Pat

[Pat McAfee]
Roode 3:16 says I'm going to be Champion forever and considering he's held that title longer than ANY other gent in XWL history? How can you argue with that?

Despite going through pure hell last night, including a finale that saw he and his former Enterprise partner Jon Moxley go to war in a Bed Of Thumbtacks Match...Roode is carrying himself with pure swagger, ignoring any pain he might be in to strut down the ramp as the most arrogant smile is plastered across his face. This is his victory lap, he vowed to get the two of them out of his hair for good...and with Randy punted out of the equation thanks to Jon Moxley...and with Moxley's spine slammed down onto the bed of thumbtacks, before Roode would finish it with a GLORIOUS DDT that saw Jon's skull spiked into the remaining tacks...it's safe to say he proved his point to be true and now one must ask themselves...what is next?

[Tom Hanifan]
One thing is for certain, XWL is in for a lot of exciting times as proven by our arrival to the booth, and the new representatives of our new owner.

[Pat McAfee]
William Regal, and Sonya Deville, are two brilliant minds coming together to carry out the day-to-day operations, while some face in the shadows fronts the bill, and Edge and Beth Phoenix plot their next move on WHEN not IF but WHEN they return to that ring.

[Tom Hanifan]
We understand that they will be live in that ring later tonight as they address their new positions, and what lies ahead for the entire locker room but speaking of what lies ahead...I think we owe the people a little update on The FORMER Women's Champion Sasha Banks after not only was her reign ended...but, well...her immediate ability to return to competition as well.

[Pat McAfee]
There's no turning BACK, for The Boss after Alexa Bliss slammed a comically large mallet across her, and smashed her spine into smithereens but can I just go ahead and go on record and say that there is truly nothing more terrifying than a five-foot woman that has seemingly become possessed by everything that ever made The Fiend so fearsome? I don't know WHAT happened to her, and I can honestly say I never want to know.

[Tom Hanifan]
All we know is that she let HIM "in" when she was at her lowest...and much like Sasha's condition after their match...there seems to be no turning back for Alexa Bliss either as she crossed over into territory that I don't think any of us ever thought was possible for her.

[Pat McAfee]
Puppets, creepy stares, mid-match transformations, crying literal tears of blood...it gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it and unfortunately for The Women's division...THAT is one of their new champions.

Roode arrives at the steel steps and looks around at the displeased audience and can't help but find great satisfaction in their bemusement...but he doesn't waste much time reveling in their dismay. He soon climbs up the steps dusting the soles of his boots on the apron before stepping into the ring and removing his title from around his waist as he thrusts it into the air and shouts "YOU KNOW THE DRILL, LOSERS...IT'S TIME TO BASK IN MY GLORY!!" He can't help but laugh a little as he holds the title into the air with both hands, spinning on his heel so that EVERY fan gets a nice long look at the very sight that fills them with so much disdain and now that they're here to witness it live again? They are unleashing all the boos that they've wanted to let Roode have every week that they were stuck at their monitors watching him continue on business as usual.

[Tom Hanifan]
Of course, the division also saw another new champion crowned as Liv Morgan defeated three other competitors to become North American Champion in The Main-Event of Under Pressure. A star-making performance as if her star wasn't already bright enough. The metamorphosis of Liv Morgan is truly astonishing to see where she began and where she now is, a multiple-time champion that proves you have no choice but to "watch her."

[Pat McAfee]
With two very formidable champions at the top of the mountain, I pity the great talent in The Women's Division because those two are going to be tough to unseat.

After rejoicing in his successful title defense by shoving it in all of our faces...Roode lowers The World Championship and throws it over his shoulder as he ventures to the ropes to retrieve a microphone, ready to address his latest success.  

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 WjYqGdP

[[[Robert Roode]]]
WELCOME BACK....to ME!!! As I stand here before you, STILL THE LONGEST REIGNING WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION IN XWL HISTORY!!

He smirks as the faces in attendance across the arena are none too pleased with his opening statement...welcoming HIMSELF...not them back, it's just another level to Roode's disdain for the audience.

[[[Robert Roode]]]
I've been "Under Pressure" since the night I returned and told every last one of you to go straight to hell. Not just to make something of myself in this company finally, not just to avenge my crushing fall from grace that nearly ended my career as nothing more than a "novelty" act...but to be the husband, the father, THE PROVIDER...that my family deserves. This reign was a long time coming, and my time at the top has been just as long, and it is FAR from over.  

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 0m43Wdp

[[[Robert Roode]]]
As your longest reigning World Heavyweight Champion...in XWL's entire existence...mind you...I stand here wondering if anyone is ever going to measure up to the standard I have been setting since I returned 570 days ago a whole new man with a whole new attitude. My GLORIOUS...resurgence was the true mark of a new era, an era of ROODE that is unlike any other era because unlike the cliche brandings of the past? I've truly ushered one in, one that has lasted...as I said...for 570 days...and counting.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 N2wYTF6

[[[Robert Roode]]]
Many have tried, and every single last one of them has failed...let that sink in, this isn't some flash in the pan "streak" we're talking about...this is pure undeniable facts and the fact of the matter is...I may have taken a long time to finally claim my rightful spot at the top of this company? But would you just look at me now? You all have no choice but to bask in MY...glory! You all are left with no other option but to see me for what I am...and that's the best man ever that not only carried this title? But that's ever stood in this ring! For a DECADE the record was 197 days...the likes of Triple H, Edge, John Cena, Randy Orton, Jon Moxley, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, The Rock...ALL of them, hell EVERY FORMER WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION...none of them could exceed that number, many would come close...but ultimately in this business, there are those that rise to the pressure to be everything they say they are, and then there are those that succumb to it. Well, when it comes to being "Under Pressure" there's no pressure too great for Robert Roode!

While his choice of words does him no favor...you can't really admonish his success. Everything he's saying is currently very much a fact. He is operating at the highest gear possible since his return, and it's led to this moment as his record as World Champion just shatters the previous record that was held by Evan Bourne for well over a decade. A record that as he said many great Superstars never exceeded, and he did...no only did he exceed it but he's so far exceeded it by a hundred plus days, and he may very well be on his way to doubling the previous record.  

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 QH8lVuL

[[[Robert Roode]]]
With that being said, I can't help but have a never-ending smile on my face these days...and tonight? I feel especially great. Don't get me wrong, a Three Stages Of Hell Match is no walk in the park...even for someone of my caliber...but you know, as difficult...and I use that phrase very lightly...because sure, it was challenging...and by no means do I underscore the "threat" Randy Orton and Jon Moxley brought to the table...but it just didn't live up to my expectations, you know? They were outclassed, outfought, and out of their minds to think that either of them would seriously leave that night with MY Championship!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 FMB44C9

[[[Robert Roode]]]
But with that said, I must admit...I'm feeling a little generous tonight. There are so many charity cases in that locker room just scratching and clawing for an opportunity to stand underneath this spotlight...and while none of them have what it takes to actually do so...I certainly can't fault them for their delusions of grandeur now, can I? No, dreams are truly an incredible thing, they transport the bottom feeders of the world into a fantasy land where they can do and BE ANYTHING! I'm ashamed to say, that used to be me. Until YOU people gave me a harsh reality check and FORCED my sad little approval-seeking ass to make the one decision that for years I wished I could take back. But the thing is, I don't need to take it back, I need to take IT....back! Take US, back...if you will....to the moment where everything changed, and my career as I knew it...nearly came to an end...BECAUSE OF YOU!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Roode-Promo3

[[[Robert Roode]]]
So, I'm here tonight to do one thing, and that's rewrite history...like I've already rewritten history with regards to this Championship and any man that ever carried it before it finally found its rightful home with me. Before tonight's show went live, I marched into the office of William Regal & Sonya Deville and announced that I'd be issuing an OPEN CHALLENGE...for MY WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP...TONIGHT!

The look of confusion and almost shock that's shown is widespread. Robert Roode infamously back at The 2017 Slammy Awards issued an Open Challenge for his Intercontinental Championship after the fans voted him to be that year's "Breakout Star Of The Year." It's hard to remember a time when Roode wasn't a colossal prick that was booed out of every arena he entered but back then he was beloved...and he loved it. But that night when he issued that challenge to show his appreciation to the fans? Everything he worked for, was taken from him. A new fan favorite came out, accepted his challenge...and beat him. After that, Roode's stock plummeted. He stopped being a focal point, in fact, the only time we saw him after the fact was when he and James Storm would have one-off appearances as Beer Money. So for Roode to now declare he's issuing an Open Challenge? That's certainly bold...and unexpected and this crowd isn't sure how to respond so it's mostly silence or light cheers over the idea of seeing a huge title match TONIGHT!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Px4A2sx

[[[Robert Roode]]]
That's right, LIVE...in front of a sold-out crowd, I will be defending MY Championship tonight! But this isn't for you, no no no...this is for ME! You just so happen to be here and woohoo, yay, la-d-freaking DAH! I don't give a shit that you're here in person, you were going to watch me rub this impending victory in your faces whether it was a monitor or in person so wipe those stupid smiles off of your faces!

Well, in case anyone started to think maybe Robert Roode was trying to do something nice for the fans...you've now been proven otherwise because as Roode said, this isn't for YOU...it's for him. It's so he can finally rewrite that infamous night, and say what you will it is quite bold of him to voluntarily do so.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 HRCxDN2

[[[Robert Roode]]]
I'm reclaiming my narrative, I know damn well I'm better than my performance 4 years ago. And tonight I'm going to prove it by doing the one thing that still to this day, you won't shut the hell up about! I'm better than ANY man in that locker room, sure...there's some tremendous talent, BUT are they living up to their potential?  I'm not impressed. But I wanna be, believe me...I WANT someone to blow me out of the water and give me a run for my money. The issue is, time and time again, I'm left disappointed. So since the powers that be haven't given me the competition I want...I'm taking matters into my own hands. So who's going to take advantage of this... GLORIOUS... opportunity?

As his challenge is issued, his eyes shift from the stage he spoke toward, down to the title on his shoulder. He stares at his World Heavyweight Championship with a confident grin, throwing out the challenge that very well could lead to his undoing...just as it infamous did the last time he did such a thing. But somehow there doesn't seem to be concern underneath all of his bravado...it's as if he truly thinks no matter who accepts his challenge he will beat them, but as we've seen in the history of Open Challenges not just with Roode...sometimes the unexpected is truly hard to overcome, and you never know WHO is going to accept that challenge.

[Tom Hanifan]
WOW! Robert Roode doing the one thing he vowed to NEVER do again, and issuing an Open Challenge for his title, TONIGHT!

[Pat McAfee]
The World Heavyweight Champion laying it down! Live and in person, following his STUPENDOUS defense at Under Pressure, where he beat two former World Champions in the most challenging of ways, he says no...no no...MY APPETITE IS NOT SATISFIED, I WANT MORE! In the words of Daniel Bryan's favorite Superstar THE Ryback...FEED HIM MORE, TOM!

[Tom Hanifan]
But will he be left...STUPID! At the end of the night if history were to repeat itself?

[Pat McAfee]
Points for trying but my reference was clearly better. But speaking of better, this is a better version of Roode. He is living his truth now, no bobby-back bitch happy to be here and hanging on the approval of The XWL Universe...no he is a RUGGED, a self RIGHTEOUS, and above all else...a READY Robert Roode for what may be the greatest challenge he's faced since that very night. Can he rewrite history, or is he doomed to repeat it?

[Tom Hanifan]
That is the question, but that is for Roode to find out...as for us...and our first live crowd in far too long...WE GET TO SEE A WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BLOCKBUSTER TONIGHT! The electricity is certainly in the air as all possibilities run wild. WHO will accept this challenge? WHO is ready to bet on themselves just as Roode looks to bet on himself with this bold declaration?

The World Heavyweight Champion pridefully raises his title for all to see, as he stares toward the stage as if he's sending a direct warning to whoever is thinking about taking him up on his Open Challenge. Clearly, he believes he can finally wipe this blemish from his record and move on from the night that nearly ended it all...but can he really? In a few hours time once The Main-Event rolls around...there will be no going back...he's issued the challenge, and now all that remains is for one Superstar to walk down that ramp and declare that THEY believe they're the NEXT World Heavyweight Champion. He motions towards the locker room, with his title held high in the air, hanging in the balance of this one critical decision.  

….
…..

[Pat McAfee]
NO FREAKING WAY!

[Tom Hanifan]
COULD IT BE? IS IT REALLY?!

[Pat McAfee]
DO DO DO DO! AND HIS NAME IS....

crowd comes to life in an intense series of cheers and jeers, the likes of which only one superstar on planet Earth can create. The famous theme song that became a meme some years ago takes over the airwaves as the titantron itself is filled with images from past XWL shows. One thing has been made certain, no one expected this return on this night. The camera pans over to the stage where erupting out onto the stage, John Cena makes his first appearance in XWL in years.

[Tom Hanifan]
His name is JOHN CENA...and is Roode's time perhaps up?

[Pat McAfee]
You can't look anywhere in Hollywood these days without SEEING him, but when it comes to competition, YOU CAN'T SEE ME says John Cena! But for Roode he can see a VERY hefty challenge standing on that stage, ready to say those infamous words...THAT THE NEXT CHAMPION MAY INDEED BE HERE!

John Cena stands on the ramp, taking it all in. He makes his way stage left, then stage right, soaking up the love and hate the fans give him on both sides. Cena finally finds his place center stage, atop the ramp. He stares down it, looking right at the ring that he once called his home, and the current owner of it, Robert Roode. Cena brings his hand up to the brim of his hat, making a salute motion and then takes off into a sprint towards the ring.

As Cena slides under the bottom rope, the crowd begins a chant. Half heading forward with a “Lets’ go Cena” while the other of course responds, “Cena Sucks!” The crowd is exhilarated as the former Main Event star stands feet away from Roode, staring him down before breaking out into a small smirk. He walks across the ring, calling for a mic as Roode looks on, unimpressed and a bit irritated that John Cena, of all people, decided to answer the call.

“It has been far too long”

The first words to come from Cena’s mouth, as well as the first words Tyler thought of as he typed this out. That’s correct, reader, Tyler has returned to XWL for an undetermined amount of time. But that is neither here nor there, the true story, is what lies in the ring.

[John Cena]
Several years ago, I stepped into this ring and told everyone that I was a new man. That I was going to finally, after so many failed attempts, plant my name in the hallmarked history of XWL. I clashed with AJ Styles and The Miz. I stepped up to the plate. I made sure that the world didn’t just think I was a one trick pony who was going to come out here and rap, like I’m trying to relive something that honestly wasn’t ever really that cool.

[John Cena]
I busted my ass. I had some of the best matches in XWL history. I had one of the best summers of my career that year, if not the best summer of my career. I went through all of that, and then watched XWL fall apart in front of all of us. I watched the world fall apart like so many of you. I held my breath as we came together as a nation to try and survive an unprecedented event. And here we are. On the other side. Finally. It’s been a long and twisted road and I just want to say thank you. On behalf of the locker room, on behalf of professional wrestling as a whole, for sticking with us. For sticking with XWL. For sticking with the boys in the back. It means everything to us.

[John Cena]
And I can’t help but say, I’ve wanted to say this for such a long time. After years being gone,

THE

CHAMP

IS

John Cena pauses, as his eyes turn to Roode before finishing his famous catchphrase. Robert Roode was letting him finish, a small smile across his face as he watches Cena pander to the fans. Almost a look of “how pathetic” comes to mind. Cena slowly brings his hand up, pointing to Robert, serious expression across his face.

[John Cena]
There. The champ is right there. Robert Roode.

The crowd begins to boo, not forgetting so quickly what he had said just a short time ago.

[John Cena]
The man who has led us through the single toughest time in XWL history. Arguably, the greatest World Heavyweight Champion to ever hold that belt. I’m going to be honest with you Robert. I don’t like you. Everything you do has a smug arrogance to it. Everytime I’m near you all I can smell is the shit that spews out of your mouth and it’s obvious, you don’t think it stinks. You wear your robe like an offbrand Flair, with just about as much of a chip on your shoulder.

Robert Roode looks like he’s on the verge of exploding but before he does, Cena continues.

[John Cena]
But I respect you. Throughout everything, you’ve held down the fort. You’ve kept XWL alive, or at the very least breathing.

Robert Roode looks almost smug with himself, his expression changing, loving Cena’s sudden compliments.

[John Cena]
Now, it’s time to change the guard.

There it is. The smile is gone. Roode has grown super serious at that remark.

[John Cena]
I’m not a charity case. I’m not someone trying to make a new mark on XWL. I’m here to restore XWL to what it was. To the best damn promotion on the planet. Second to none. I’m here to step up to the plate and seal my legacy in what might very well be one of my very last runs in this company, by winning the World Heavyweight Championship. So here I am, big match John as they call me, telling you that your open challenge, just got accepted.

Cena steps up to Roode who doesn’t back down for even a second. The two stare, face to face, neither backing down from the other as Cena brings his mic up once more.

[John Cena]
And after we’re finished, and the lights go out. I’ll finally get to say: The Champ, is, here.

Whether you love him or hate him, THIS is a massive match set to take place here tonight. John Cena returning to XWL after years upon years, now stands here across from Robert Roode accepting his Open Challenge making it official that The World Heavyweight Championship will be at stake between these two huge stars, and the crowd is buzzing! Roode not one to be upstaged, responds with an amused smirk, as he can be seen mouthing "That's cute, had to get that in there didn't you?" Before raising his own mic and looking right into his challenger's eyes as he addresses him.

[[[Robert Roode]]]
We aren't airing on HBO Max, and this isn't YOUR show anymore, John...this is MINE...this ring belongs to me, Octane is successful because of me, this arena is sold-out tonight because of me...and THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP RECORD THAT YOU, NOR ANYONE ELSE BEFORE ME COULD BEAT? IS MINE. In case The Peacemaker helmet cut off too much circulation from your brain, allow me to simplify this for you. This is MY World now, and this title belongs to me....so if you think you get to waltz off The Hollywood set and jump right back into being "The Champ" well then who am I to deny THE GREAT JOHN CENA that privilege? But let's get one thing straight, THE CHAMP, ME...has been here for 316 days!

Roode's tone is serious, it's meant to be intimidating because it is a long time to be Champion, especially to be the person that's held this title longer than any other Superstar. To break the previous record that was in effect for over a decade, a decade in which John Cena was very active in, and he himself could not surpass.

[[[Robert Roode]]]
So forgive me if I'm not quivering in my boots like any other man might when you make your grand return and threaten to take what they hold dear. See, I've been there, done that...some stupid idiot from some nowhere trash city beat you to the punch years ago, and unfortunately for you? I'm not the same man I once was, and even more, unfortunately? I don't think you are either...in fact, I don't "think" it...I KNOW so! You don't still "GOT IT" as they'll brainlessly chant later tonight, and if you don't believe me? Well, then I look forward to proving it to you...just as I've proven to be unlike any other man before me to carry this title...and hey, would you look at that...that includes you. But you know what, John? I respect the hell out of you coming out here and accepting my challenge so I'll save the unpleasantness for tonight's Main Event...and instead commemorate our impending clash with a good old-fashioned handshake.

He takes a step or two back, as his arm extends out, and low and behold the lowly and downright dirty competitor holds his palm out as an invitation for John Cena to return his act and shake his hand. Immediately the audience is completely against this, Roode is not to be trusted and you have no way of knowing if this is actually real or if this is just some ploy to try and gain an advantage. John however looks at his hand, flashes a slight grin, and nods...almost as if he's asking that question internally? Is he serious? Is this some trick? "You wanna shake my hand?" Cena quips to which Roode throws his mic down to the mat and responds with a "Hey fair play to you, you saw the opportunity and seized it which is more than I can say for any other guy back there." He opens his hand up, even more, angling it slightly as he motions for Cena to accept his proposal for a handshake so they can agree to their upcoming match-like gentlemen. The Leader of The Cenation looks at his hand, then looks at the crowd who is unanimously against the idea. He looks to them again, then his hand, then Roode's, then the other side of the audience, then back to his hand, then right to Roode's eyes...before swinging his own hand forward and shaking the hand of The World Champion he will challenge this evening.

Their hands remain locked for a couple of seconds as Roode says "See, no funny business. I told you, I respect the hell out of you for coming out here!" Cena responds with a simple "Thank you" or at least he started to but before he could finish that statement, Roode's freehand clocks Cena in the face to an uproar of boos! To the surprise of no one not named John Cena apparently, The Glorious Superstar was looking to sucker Cena in, and with Cena's hand still locked with his own, he wastes no time in reeling his challenger in with an attempt at The Glorious DDT! But if Roode thought John Cena hasn't been down this road before and he could catch him off guard? He's gravely mistaken...because as he tries to reel Cena in, Cena with his feet firmly planted holds his ground then with a smile that says "I was waiting for you to do that" Cena uses his power advantage to quickly hoist up Roode up for The Attitude Adjustment! Roode's title flings to the ground as he's suddenly scooped up onto John's shoulders and the crowd comes alive ready to see Roode get a look at what might be to come in their match...but Roode quickly struggles off his shoulders proving he himself was caught off guard...as he falls to the mat scurrying under the bottom rope and fleeing the ring as he runs away like a scolded dog.

Cena not skipping a beat sees The World Heavyweight Championship on the mat, then has a huge smile come across his face as he looks at Roode who shouts back "DON'T YOU DARE!" And of course, someone saying such words...only makes you want to do it even more. With the audience egging him on, Cena picks the title up and then raises it high into the air as he shouts "YOUR TIME IS UP, MY TIME IS NOW!" A furious Roode kicks the steps in frustration as the title he's proudly carried so for long is being paraded around by another man. "THAT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!" Roode angrily screams, showing that his attempt at getting one over on Cena, severely backfired because it's not Cena that lost his cool or form...it's Roode and with a man doing this to Roode hours before their Main Event? That's NOT a good look. After feeding off the audience for a moment, Cena lowers the title before gently sitting it onto the mat to which Roode scurries to snatch it from under the bottom rope and bring it close to his chest as he reumes his retreat.  

[Pat McAfee]
Sealed with a handshake gone sour, we've got ourselves a bonafide World Heavyweight Championship Match set in stone, Tom!

[Tom Hanifan]
Robert Roode has had an incredible run, there is nothing that can take that away from him...but with a HUNGRY, FOCUSED, and REJUVENATED John Cena knocking at his door...will he find out that maybe he should have acted like no one was home?

[Pat McAfee]
He was three seconds away from having his ass planted on that mat with a Peacemaker style FU and all it takes is three seconds for Cena to end Roode's record-shattering reign! Smashed like a baddie in his HIT show, not sponsored...is The GLORIOUS era of Roode at its end?

[Tom Hanifan]
Only one way to find out, live in our Main Event...JOHN CENA versus ROBERT ROODE FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! DO NOT miss this one Ladies and Gentlemen because there's no telling how this one will end.  

Roode continues backing up the ramp as he looks at the title pressed against his chest, shaking his head repeatedly as if to say this is NOT the last day of his reign. But the reality check is, with a returning John Cena issuing Roode's Open Challenge? All bets are off, including the one he always has on himself. His reign began by being a surprise challenger for an unprepared Champion on the grandest stage of them all when he basked in someone else's glory and took it for his own...is this also how his reign ends? History repeating in a moment he vowed to never allow himself to be in before, and against perhaps the last man he ever expected to march down that aisle and take him up on it? The final shot before our first commercial break is an elongated view of Cena standing on the top rope motioning around his waist as Roode furiously shakes his head and shouts "IT'S MINE!" but WILL it still be his when the dust settles on our blockbuster Main Event?

Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 7:13 pm

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Pat-McAfee-1024x576

[TOM HANNIFAN]
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to XWL Octane and...wow. What an announcement made by our World Heavyweight Champion just moments ago, Pat! Not only is Robert Roode defending the championship tonight live on Octane, but he's defending it against none other than a former World Heavyweight Champion in John Cena!

[PAT MCAFEE]
You're talkin' 'bout The Franchise of our industry, Tom! One of the single greatest sports entertainers to ever step through those hallowed ropes! I mean, c'mon, this is Big Match John we're talkin' 'bout here! And he's goin' up against The Franchise of XWL, Big! Match! Bob! Roode! It's 'bout to go...a-DAHN here LIVE on the most action-packed sports entertainment programming to ever grace your television screens: XWL Octane! And not only is it Robert Roode against John freakin' Cena, it's for the richest prize in our industry: The XWL World Title!

[TOM HANNIFAN]
What an absolutely incredible dream match scenario here on Octane in tonight's main event, but right now, we understand that XWL Management representatives are ready to address the XWL Universe here live in the middle of this ring. We already know the accolades that one of our new management representatives, William Regal, has accomplished not just here in XWL, but he's regarded as one of the most brilliant minds in the history of the business.

[PAT MCAFEE]
Not only is William Regal one of the most vicious and vile villains to ever grace the ring, he's also the guy who trained perhaps the greatest technician to ever grace the ring, "The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson! Yes, yes, THAT Bryan Danielson, who by the way, never truly lost that World Heavyweight Championship Robert Roode carries on his shoulder! We miss ya', Dragon!

The crowd in Austin, Texas erupts with cheers out of respect for a true living legend of the industry as William Regal's music begins to play in the arena. As the near-forty year veteran makes his way out onto the stage, Regal stops and soaks in the ovation. Seemingly wiping away a single manly tear from his cheek, the Blackpool native acknowledges the respect shown to him by the crowd, waving towards the fans as he slowly saunters his way towards the ring, grabbing a microphone.

[WILLIAM REGAL]
Thank you...thank you all so much for that incredibly warm reception. It has been quite some time since I have stepped inside an XWL ring...quite missed that feeling, actually. You see, for the past number of years, I have transitioned to a more behind-the-scenes role, plying my craft as a trainer for XWL's developmental system, helping to hone the talents of some of the brightest up and coming superstars in XWL, many of whom you shall see compete here tonight. However, tonight is not merely about me or my accomplishments or catching up with some old friends, tonight is more so about the impending future of XWL.

[WILLIAM REGAL]
You see, as a result of Mr. and Mrs. Copeland's sale of XWL to our new ownership, that ownership has named myself as a representative to XWL's upper management. As such, it is my duty not only to make statements on behalf of ownership, but to also be the active governing body behind XWL's day-to-day operations. Be it matchmaking, contendership opportunities or contract negotiations, myself and my partner in XWL's daily management shall uphold ourselves to a higher standard which needs to be met.

[WILLIAM REGAL]
This, of course, leads me to the introduction of my partner in management. You see, when this young lady was introduced to me as my co-representative, at first I was quite a bit skeptical. However, over the past number of weeks, she and I have gotten to be a bit of kindred spirits. What this young lady lacks in experience, she more than makes up for in potential. In fact, I do see a bit of myself when it comes to some of her shrewd decision making. Therefore, it is my great honor to introduce my co-Representative, Miss Sonya Deville!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Normal_Women_SD_mp40014

Whatever expectations the crowd had for this mystery individual were clearly off-base as Sonya Deville steps out onto the stage in a sharp, designer three piece suit.

[PAT MCAFEE]
Ya' wanna' talk about sharp-dressed man!? Nah nah nah, this right here is a sharp-dressed wo-man! This is what we like to call some "B.D.E." out here! She even makes YOU look underdressed, Tom!

[TOM HANNIFAN]
Well, she certainly makes you look underdressed, Pat...

As Sonya makes her way down to ringside, you can tell from the calm and stoic demeanor that the young executive clearly means business. William Regal, ever the gentleman, moves towards the ropes, holding them open for Sonya to step through. Adjusting her luxury tie, Sonya beckons for her own microphone.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Normal_Women_SD_mp40159

[SONYA DEVILLE]
First things first, I'd like to thank ownership for providing me with such a unique and valuable opportunity. Ever since I decided to put my in-ring career on hiatus, lately I've felt this...this itch, this buzz to come back to wrestling somehow, and lucky me, this is seemingly the perfect opportunity to do so. Next, I'd like to thank you, Mr. Regal, for mentoring me in the executive world and volunteering to teach me everything you know...I will be eternally grateful for your wisdom and your knowledge.

Sonya's interrupted by chants of "REGAL!" as Regal can't help but hold back a chuckle. The retired old villain grinning as the crowd can't help but show their respect for an icon of the industry.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Normal_Women_SD_mp40158

[SONYA DEVILLE]
Of course, this leads us to the events of tonight. Because we are making it official: In the main event of Octane, you will see John Cena challenging Robert Roode for the World Heavyweight Championship!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 B6GDfE8

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Normal_Women_SD_mp40149

[SONYA DEVILLE]
However, there is another situation that we need to address, and that situation involves the XWL Intercontinental Championship. As you are all aware, PAC has unfortunately suffered an injury while wrestling in Japan that will keep him confined to a hospital in Nagoya for quite some time. As such, PAC is not cleared to compete in XWL, nor is he able to be at XWL events for some time. Therefore, it is our responsibility to inform everyone that effective immediately, the XWL Intercontinental Championship has been declared vacant.

[TOM HANNIFAN]
Wow...talk about a gamechanger, Pat.

[PAT MCAFEE]
Absolutely...it always stinks when one of the crew goes down hurt but at the end of the day, management's hands are tied! And then, it's next man up mentality!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Normal_Women_SD_mp40176

[SONYA DEVILLE]
We wish PAC the best of luck in his recovery, and we hope that soon he's able to return to attempt to reclaim the Intercon—

As Sonya is in the middle of her well-wishes for the now former Intercontinental Champion, however, there's suddenly a commotion in the audience as a live camera feed from backstage is shown on the titantron...

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 DLljWLE

[PAT MCAFEE]
What the heck is goin' on here, Tom!? Who the heck is that!?

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 6a06c0876f810bf47f6d5522ee19874908b4a7c3

[TOM HANNIFAN]
Whoa, whoa, whoa...P-Pat, I recognize exactly who that is!

[PAT MCAFEE]
Wait...is that!? I think it is! LET'S GOOOO!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 39a8b84da4259b84d27f0663b2df663a7b8692f8

[TOM HANNIFAN]
The hits just keep on coming!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Normal_Women_SD_mp40147

Clearly taken aback by this turn of events, Sonya Deville and William Regal both stand in the middle of the ring. While Regal looks concerned about this mystery individual, Sonya Deville is simply irritated that she's been interrupted.

As soon as the name "KAY LEE RAY" can be read on the titantron, the XWL crowd goes absolutely berserk in recognition of the foreign star. The crowd watches the stage, cheering as Kay Lee Ray quickly struts out onto the ramp, posing with a smirk on her face.

[TOM HANNIFAN]
You want to talk about a gamechanger! Ladies and gentlemen, that is Kay Lee Ray! The brash, the brazen, the fearless Sinister Queen of the Scots is here on Octane!

[PAT MCAFEE]
This gal right here is one BAD! ASS! MO! FO! Not afraid to risk life and limb to dive onto tacks, tables, barbed wire, you name it!

[TOM HANNIFAN]
Ladies and gentlemen, for those of you who may not know who Kay Lee Ray is, this is all we need to tell you: this young woman from Johnstone, Scotland recently held the British Commonwealth Women's Championship for 649 consecutive days! She just announced last week on local Scottish television that she was vacating that championship and moving to the United States...and now that Kay Lee Ray is here live on Octane...I can see why!

[PAT MCAFEE]
A woman who calls herself "The Leader of the Filthy Generation", Kay Lee Ray once had a rivalry that was so barbaric, so absolutely brutal that they had to invent a brand new match type to settle their war: The Queen of Insanity Match! The match was so violent, they didn't rate it on the Richter Scale, Tom...they rated it on the Muta Scale!

The crowd turn to the stage as Kay Lee Ray steps onto American soil for the first time in her near-seven year career. Trademark baseball bat in tow, the self-proclaimed "Leader of the Filthy Generation" struts confidently down to ringside, the bat draped over her shoulder.

[TOM HANNIFAN]
This is a woman who has reached certain levels of violence could put the likes of Raven, Tommy Dreamer, and The Sandman to shame. And you see what she's carrying down to the ring, Pat...a metal baseball bat.

[PAT MCAFEE]
And from the looks of it, KLR is lookin' to go all Barry freakin' Bonds on someone's head...let's just hope it ain't Mr. Regal or Sonya Deville!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 0be44ffea6ee93ebb7897ed4ddb076374ef804bb

As Kay Lee finishes posing, she immediately stomps up to William Regal, rudely snatching the microphone from out of his hands.

[KAY LEE RAY]
So, what exactly are you two jokers supposed to be, the Welcoming Committee? I mean...THIS is really the best they could do for you, Regal!? You're an absolute legend...and they've got you holding the ropes for some wannabe in a cute lil' monkey suit who couldn't cut the mustard in the ring? Just how far have you fallen down the totem pole now? Really, this is the best they could do? Pathetic.

[KAY LEE RAY]
I moved to this country to take part in this, XWL, the supposed "Land of Opportunity", but from what I can tell so far, it's just the land of sitting in the back with some low-budget catering and a bunch of has-beens, some never-will-bes, and a bunch of bimbos who wouldn't know a wristlock from that fancy lil' wristwatch on that yappin' mutt next to ya'. I didn't put my body through hell for seven years across Europe, across Japan for a cheap, cramped trans-Atlantic flight and some frozen hamburgers.

[KAY LEE RAY]
I mean, I'm the single-biggest star to come to XWL from the United Kingdom since...well, quite frankly, since yourself, William Regal. And what? Nobody can find time in a multiple-hour show to let me actually come out here and wrestle? No, instead, I have to make my own time, I have to take my own opportunity because this freakin' broad won't keep her damn yap shut and let the show get on with it already!

[SONYA DEVILLE]
Listen, toots, whether you like it or not, I'm a representative of XWL Management, and I—

[KAY LEE RAY]
And I sure as hell didn't ask you, you whiny lil' worm!

In the midst of interrupting Sonya, Kay Lee Ray had lifted her bat and pushed it up against the throat of Deville, causing Regal to forcibly intervene.

[WILLIAM REGAL]
Miss Ray, that is quite enough! First off, shall I say, welcome to the United States and furthermore, welcome to XWL. Secondly, it seems like you appear to be in quite the fighting mood. Well, lucky for you, it seems I just might have a solution for that. And since you are in your wrestling attire, I shall give you some time to warm up.

[WILLIAM REGAL]
Since you are keen on receiving an opportunity, allow me to gift you one. Later tonight, you will go one-on-one with Asuka!

[TOM HANNIFAN]
Wow! You wanna talk about a hard-hitting match! Kay Lee Ray makes her in-ring debut against none other than Asuka!

[PAT MCAFEE]
As pissed off as Kay Lee Ray is? And as unpredictable as Asuka is? These two may just rip each other to freakin' shreds on Kay Lee Ray's first night in XWL!

KLR seems pleased enough with Regal's announcement, chuckling as she moves to place her baseball bat over her shoulder again, grabbing and loosening Sonya's tie with a cocky smirk. "You got a lot to learn, toots." Ray is audibly heard saying, the last word dripping with sarcasm after Sonya had called her toots just moments ago as we cut to a commercial break.

Back to top Go down
Strummania
Mid Card
Strummania

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2022 7:05 pm

[Pat McAfee]

WHAAAAAAAAT?!

[Tom Hanifan]

Oh no, just as I was enjoying my night...

[Pat McAfee]

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT TOM ITS SAMI FREAKING ZAYN HE'S BACK!!!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Sami-zayn-wrestlemania

Sami Zayn marches out of the back to a chorus of some people happy to see him and others....not so much but, now instead of having their upside-down thumbs shoved in front of their computers at home, they're live and in-person ready to tell this guy exactly what they think of him

[Tom Hanifan]

Seems like a lot of the XWL Galaxy here tonight agrees with me in not being too thrilled here.

[Pat McAfee]

Well THEY'RE WRONG, Sami Zayn is a former World Champion, A former Intercontinental Champion, THE FIRST EVER Elite Champion, He was Tag Team Champion with Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho at the SAME TIME! This man is an XWL Legend Tom!

[Tom Hanifan]

Technically Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens were Tag Team Champions, Pat.

[Pat McAfee]

It was a group effort Tom! Sami was the glue that held them together!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Sami-zayn-wrestlemania

Sami has made his way down the ramp, he climbs the stairs and grabs a mic as everyone here tonight awaits what words of wisdom he has brought them. Sami smiles and slowly raises the mic to his mouth.

Sami Zayn

Did you miss me?

The fans in attendance cheer a bit more than boo at the words from Sami Zayn, is he changing? Has he seen the errors of his past ways? Sami smiles and soaks it up as he begins to speak again.

Sami Zayn

Well I can honestly say, from the bottom of my heart and with all the love in my soul.

[Tom Hanifan]

Wow, I like this new Sami! He's being so kind to the crowd here tonight I'm honestly Surprised!

[Pat McAfee]

New? This is the old Sami, Tom! He's re-embracing the fans and remembering who he was!

He has turned over a new leaf! The Fans let him hear their love and joy they're feeling from Sami's kind words, they love this Sami! The Sami before he was corrupted by the World Heavyweight Championship! The Sami before he turned his back on Dean Ambrose and everyone who has supported him, the old Sami was back!

Sami Zayn

That I did NOT miss ANY of you!

Nevermind. Sami cackles as boos pour down from all sides, he's loving this while the fans? Not so much.

[Tom Hanifan]

Well, that didn't last.

[Pat McAfee]

HA! Sami gottem! He fooled you and everyone! What a Master Strategist!

[Tom Hanifan]

He fooled you too Pat...

[Pat McAfee]

Not for ONE second! I knew what he was doing all along!

[Tom Hanifan]

Right...

Sami Zayn

My god, you guys are way too gullible. Why would I miss any of you? I poured my heart and soul into everything I did and you all booed me. You booed the man who gave 200% every time he stepped between these ropes! You BOOED your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, The Champion of the PEOPLE! So no, I didn't miss any of you, but do you wanna know what I missed?

The fans continue booing Sami, seemingly not caring what he missed, how RUDE of them! The Champion of the People is talking! How could they boo such a great moment!

Sami Zayn

Winning Championships!

The crowd really didn't like that, the idea of Sami becoming a champion makes so many of the people here tonight almost vomit at the thought.

Sami Zayn

That's right people! I SAMI ZAYN, will FINALLY become the CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE once AGAIN! I will enter and WIN the Intercontinental Championship Razor Ramon Classic Tournament and PROVE that I am the BEST Intercontinental Champion in XWL history!

Okay, NOW the fans REALLY didn't like what Sami was saying. So many great IC Champions in XWL history and Sami thinks HE'S the best? Not a chance.

Sami Zayn

Yeah yeah, boo all you want. I just state the facts! Don't worry though that's later so let's focus on tonight! Tonight I have the absolute pleasure of kicking Seth Rollins head in a triple threat match with some other unnamed "Star" as the management puts it. It REALLY doesn't matter who, I'll kick their head in all the sa-

The lights dim around the arena, cutting Sami off and bringing a hush to the crowd. Zayn looks around in confusion as a single spotlight illuminates the top of the ramp. Into that light walks a hooded figure bringing a buzz to the crowd

[Pat McAfee]

Who would be so rude as to interupt Zayn when he was getting to the good part?

'Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

[Tom Hanifan]

I think I've got an idea

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Aj-styles-aj
Lights come back to their full potential as AJ Styles who has been out of action for far too long stands front and center. And he looks more than pleased to be back

[Pat McAfee]

Holy crap AJ Styles! That folks, former leader of the Bullet Club. Two time former World Heavyweight Champion. Former Intercontinetal Champion

[Tom Hanifan]

And most importantly, former enemy to that, Sami Zayn

AJ surveys the crowd's reaction, and it's positive. Which considering the verbal lashing Zayn was just giving them, isn't surprising. Sami himself doesn't look too pleased at being interrupted but it also doesn't seem like AJ cares. He's already armed with a microphone and he brings it to his lips

AJ STYLES
Sami Zayn, it has been far too long since you and I crossed paths. Years, since the Bullet Club and the Alpha Club waged war, on the grandest stage of them all! I know you probably think I'm here with bad intentions because of former bad blood but I'm not. You were a former IC Champion. And one former champ to another, we know what it means to hold that title. That is as prestigious as it comes when it comes to our business

AJ seems to be sincere in his words even if Sami Zayn looks a bit skeptic

AJ STYLES
I am as excited to be back as you are. Cause ya see, I see this as a new beginning. And I'd like to begin this new chapter in XWL the way my last story ended. With the Intercontinetal Championship hanging around my waist. You aren't the only person back and looking for gold Zayn

The crowd cheers at where AJ seems to be taking this while Zayn looks less then impressed. Styles begins to walk down the ramp and eventually makes it into the ring, a fair distance from Sami

AJ STYLES
I'm back and back to takeover again. I want to be the face of XWL again. I'm still such such such a greedy man and I hate to be the man to stand in your way yet again, but it looks like we're on a collision course again. And once again, it's gonna end with me being the winner

Seth Rollins dances his way out with mic in hand, As the crowd begins to sing along to his music.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Seth-rollins-dance

[Pat McAfee]

THE DRIP GOD HAS ARRIVED! Tom you could learn a thing or two from SETH FREAKING ROLLINS.

[Tom Hanifan]

It was only matter of time before Seth Rollins would show up. As he needs to be the center of attention at all times.

[Pat McAfee]

Some that man some respect Tom you could learn a thing or two from SETH FREAKING ROLLINS.

Seth wave his hands as if he was conducting the crowd as continue to sing along with his music. Dripped out from head to toe Seth lift the microphone to his mouth and cackles.

Seth Rollins
What kind of party would it be without SETH FREAKING ROLLINS. Now boys I get you two have history but let's not forget this is a triple threat, and as you can you can tell from this lively crowd I think we all know who they want to see tonight.

Seth cackles again as the crowd cheers at his mention of them. Rollins chats begin to break out and Rollins starts strutting down to the ring. Seth gets up on the apron and locks eyes with Zayn.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Astrollc

[Tom Hanifan]

Is Seth getting in over his head? these are two former World Champions here in XWL.

[Pat McAfee]

Seth is the architect his never in over his head. His got an answer for everything Tom, don't be stupid.

Seth Rollins
It's not you AJ I think these people are tried of see AJ Styles in the main event. No offense AJ but look at you Payless has more Style then you. As for you Sami did I hear you correctly you're going to kick my head in? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM SAMI! I am the master of the stomp the DRIP GOD SETH FREAKING ROLLINS. I get it you're both former World Champions and I've only held the Intercontinental Champions for a brief moment, But that doesn't because tonight not only will I win I'll pin both of you, And when I do Regal and Sonya will have no Choice but to automatically put me in the Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match.

AJ and Zayn seem to mull over the words of the eccentric Seth freaking Rollins and while it looks like Zayn has something to say after being interrupted twice, Styles beats him to the punch

AJ STYLES
Seth Rollins, what a sight for wary eyes. I haven't been around for a while but when do you become this...this...Batman villain? Drip god? Drip might be a good way to describe you since they're gonna have to mop up whatever is left of you on that mat tonight. Do you know where you're standing? Where either of you are standing right now? You're standing in XWL, the house that AJ Styles built!

[Pat McAfee]

Ehhhhh, that might be a bit of a stretch but I like his confidence

AJ STYLES
I have beaten the both of you before, I will do it tonight in the middle of this ring, and more importantly I will do it in the tournament and claim what belongs to me. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but when it comes to me, you two just don't measure of full. You could be Zayny, you can have...drip but there is only ONE! And I mean only ONE phenomenal wrestler in this company and I am back for it all! I am-

Sami Zayn

OH MY GOD WILL YOU TWO SHUT THE HELL UP PLEASE

AJ and Seth look over at Sami a little startled but not at all intimidated, Sami looks furious and why shouldn't he be? His moment was RUINED by some hick and this stupidly dressed "Wet Guy" or whatever. Sami can't contain his anger anymore

Sami Zayn

This was MY return NOT yours AJ MINE! I still semi respect you from our past battles but that only gets you so far and Seth or "Soggy Dude"

Sami hits Seth with the air quotes as Seth mouths the words "Soggy dude....? What?" as Aj just shrugs his shoulders at Seth also not sure what Sami is talking about

Sami Zayn

whatever you're calling yourself, I really don't care. The fact is Aj you and the Mildy Wet Immortal here want my spotlight so bad? FINE! Take it, I'm done out here, see you two in the match where you'll RUE THE DAY you took my spotlight! RUE THE DAY!

Seth and AJ just look at each other and shake their heads, AJ turns his back on both men to soak up the crowd and Sami sees his opportunity, right before he goes to step out of the ring Sami shoves Seth Rollins into AJ as Sami quickly rolls out AJ turns around while Seth tries to make him understand what just happened but AJ doesn't care and starts punching Seth, both men are looking to tear each other apart as Sami walks up the ramp laughing to himself. Security rushes to separate both men as XWL goes to a commercial break.

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 12:38 am

I thoroughly enjoyed that promo gentlemen, I like how you added extra hype to the match by having their characters clash on the mic first good stuff! :dallas
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Mid Card
Sinister

PostSubject: End.     XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 1:07 am

*As we return from commercial break we are taken to a video package of a blacked out silhouette pacing back and forth like a lion waiting to pounce on its next victim*

???
Orwell was quoted as saying "who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past." In saying that you almost are given the idea that we can control what happens in our everyday lives? Who we talk to, who we gravitate to. But it is not so simple no no. It is far more sensitive then that.

* numerous pictures are shown of war and clocks as the camera begins to shake*

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 BoKqe7
 XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Alarm-wake-up

???
So many clichés have been thrown around in this place. denizens of falsehoods and all around arrogance have inhabited this land for far to long. To call them delusions of grandeur would be selling them far to short. This  is more of a tidal wave of hypocrisy masqueraded behind a wall of bullshit that I and only I can see.

*A clip of a fire and brimstone preacher can be seen in a grainy black white sped up and then slowed down screaming the words "ONE MUST LOVE GOD FIRST, AND ONLY THEN CAN ONE LOVE ONE'S CLOSEST OF KIN AND NEIGHBORS. WE MUST NOT BE IDOLS TO ONE ANOTHER, FOR SUCH IS NOT THE WILL OF GOD"

*The man speaking has a hood removed from his head by what looks to be a woman and steps closer into a light now seething. begins to speak even slower as you can tell this man is on the absolute point of breaking.*

Kross
Hello again XWL. Did you miss me? Of course you didn't. Why would you? I am not here for you. I am here for myself and only myself. I am here to bring judgement to all who live in a world that has a veil ridden with lies and all around ignorance. Wins and losses. Those are nothing but a concept put on by the XWL booking committee to appease "the boys" and you the fans. There are no winners in my war, only survivors and the defeated. My special blend of violence is unlike anyone has ever seen. I can and will do whatever I'd like. Because quite frankly is my right. I was put here to cast judgement upon the masses.

*Kross sits down at a table full of numerous titles he has won in the orient and south of the border in Mexico. He then reaches to the back of his pocket and bulls out a rather large hunting knife and begins to dismember the title belts with no emotion in his eyes as one can tell desecrating title belts means nothing to this depraved human being.*

Kross
Its time everyone picks up what I am putting down. Titles, fame, glory none of that means a damn to me. I am here for one motive and one motive alone.

ANNIHILATION

Kross
We cant go back. Only forward time marches on. prepare to be dragged to waters you have never been to before. I make the rules I control the narrative I'm taking back control with my knuckles and I'm showing you all that "No matter where the time is told, in the end, EVERYONE pays the toll."

*Camera blacks out as we move along with the rest of the evening.*
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 5:16 pm

As Octane continues the broadcast following Karrion Kross' decree of Annhilation we're taken to the office of the new management team, William Regal and Sonya Deville. They're in the middle of a conversation when suddenly their door opens up without a knock and there stands a returning female Superstar that seems to be on a mission to make an early splash

[Sonya Deville]
Carmella, what an unexpected surprise...what can we do for you?

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
Unexpected? You want to talk about unexpected? How about finding out that I have to share a locker room with the rest of the division, where's Edge anyways? I was supposed to have champagne on ice when I arrived tonight, yet there's no champagne to be found, and I specifically requested that I have green m & m's because green is money, honey...like me...yet...there is NONE of that.

[William Regal]
Pardon me, Carmella I apologize that your requests weren't able to be entertained but you see it's been a bit of a whirlwind of information and it appears your preferences got lost in all of that. As I'm sure you must have heard Edge and Beth Phoenix have departed XWL as owners, there's a new owner in fact that has named Sonya and I as their representatives.

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
Ugh, are you serious? My "preferences" got lost? Look I don't care who is to blame for all of this, I did not wait all this time to come back only to be an immediate afterthought. I bet if Alexa Bliss wanted the souls of all her enemies you'd have found a way to make that happen, wouldn't you?

[Sonya Deville]
I don't even begin to know how we woul-

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
Or, if Liv wanted a bunch of tacky jewels to plaster all over her face she'd have damn sure had them.

[Sonya Deville]
I mean, that is a bit more doable yes...although tacky is subjective.

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
Ugh, I swear I NEVER get the respect I deserve around here. I'm gone for nearly 3 years, working on myself, training to come back to claim my rightful spot on top in this company, and how am I treated? Like I'm just anyone else in the division. I was in negotiation for months with Edge AND other companies that valued what I bring to the table. Not even that, what I bring to the marquee. I mean, look at me...I am the MOST beautiful woman in WRESTLING! My face is the draw that creepy Lexi could never be. My FACE is the thing that will bring people to the shows, and that's something Liv Morgan will never be.

[William Regal]
Calm down now, let's not bring your fellow Women down just to prop yourself up.

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
I'm not bringing them down, they're already there. I mean honestly, what is Alexa Bliss anyways? Some clone of Sister April? Need I remind you I took April's Money In The Bank contract...so that makes me better than her, and certainly better than April 2.0.

[Sonya Deville]
Did you see what Alexa did to Sasha at Under Pressure? I'd watch what I say about her if I were in your position.

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
Look, none of that matters. I'm not afraid of anyone in this division, I am UNTOUCHABLE! I am leaps and bounds above every single Woman here, and if you want to keep this face away from your competitors? You'd be smart to do right by me. I know my worth, I know the value I bring...and so next week not only do I want to have my private locker room...I want my green m & m's and I want them fresh.

[Sonya Deville]
Fresh?

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
God, do I have to do everything about your job for you? Fresh, as in out of the bag, and picked out one by one to ensure accuracy. I don't want to see a single red m & m, I don't even want so much as a fragment of a shell of any other color do I make myself clear?

[William Regal]
Crystal darling, thank you for bringing your grievances to us, and rest assured we'll make sure your green m & m's are ready for you when you've arrived, in your private locker room.

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
There, was that so hard? Now about my North American Championship Match next week...

[Sonya Deville]
Uh, you don't have one?

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
I mean I thought it would be a bit too soon to jump right into The Women's Championship conversation, after all the second I join the conversation, I BECOME the conversation but if you insist...

[Sonya Deville]
Carmella, you JUST came back...it doesn't work like that.

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
I don't understand.

[William Regal]
What she's saying is we need time to evaluate the division and see who is most deserving of the next opportunities.

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
What's there to evaluate? Look at me...the decision seems pretty clear to me. Why would you leave this money on the table? Because honey, Mella IS Money.

[Sonya Deville]
Look we've got a show to run we can't keep going around in circles with you, we'll take your...qualifications...into account but if you want to really impress us you'll win your match tonight.

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
Match? I didn't hear anything about a match, and again...that's a major snafu on your part because if I don't know about it...how do the people? Do I need to bring us back to the conversation of how marketable I am? As THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN ALL OF WRESTLING...my face needed to be plastered all over this show.

[William Regal]
Again, our deepest apologies Carmella...it was promoted on the website, it's a showcase of the division match featuring four returning Superstars, yourself included of course.

[Sonya Deville]
And with all due respect, some things were a little higher up in terms of what tonight has to offer. But rest assured you are valued, and while tonight may not have met your expectations...I'm sure the coming weeks will change that.

Carmella turns her nose up at Sonya's remarks as if ANYTHING would be higher up than her grand return? Puh-lease...she shakes her head before turning to William Regal.

\$/\$/Carmella \$/\$/
Allow me to offer you a bit of advice, I'd make sure you make the decisions around here, not that one...she seems a little green, experience-wise...AND with envy. But such is life when you're as...BEAUTIFUL... AS ME!!

She lets out maniacal laughter, which wasn't so much sinister as it is was...well, for lack of a better word...bitchy. She swings her head to the side as she flips it back then smiles at Sonya before heading off likely to prepare for her upcoming match with three other returning Superstars. While Sonya is left to sigh as she hasn't exactly had the best first impression of XWL's talent after Kay Lee Ray threatened her bit a bat, and Carmella just...well, wasted her time before insulting her, but hey she can only go up from here, right?
Back to top Go down
Stunner
Mid Card
Stunner

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 1:30 am

Octane returns from a commercial break to find a rather peculiar never before seen subject standing in the center of the ring. The subject looks like something you'd use are your prototypical default create-a-wrestler on XWL 2k22 the video game (in stores now!)

(Pat McAfee)
Who is this guy Tom?

(Tom Hanifan)
Your guess is as good as mine Pat, but it looks like he's about to announce himself to the world right now as he's just been handed a microphone.

(Unknown Subject)
My name is SAM SAMUELSON!!!

(Pat McAfee)
I'm sorry who???

(Tom Hanifan)
You heard him Pat, Sam Samuelson is in the building!

(Sam Samuelson)
Oh yeah baby, Sam Samuelson is gonna do down in the history books, future world champion, future xwl hall of famer, BOOK IT BABY, it's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN!!! I've got it all, the looks...the name...the ring prowess...the ONLY and I mean ONLY thing I need is an XWL CONTRACT BAYBAY!!!

(Pat McAfee)
Hold up, this guy isn't even EMPLOYED??? And he's ripping off Adam Cole's saying??? Why hasn't security whisked this dude outta here already???

(Sam Samuelson)
Rest assured though, I'm about to put pen to paper on my shiny contract in just a matter of moments because the gracious duo of William Regal and Sonya Deville made me a little dealio, they said "Sam, if you can go out there and beat an opponent of our choosing? You'll be able to sign on the dotted line directly after that bell rings" That's all I needed to hear, so I'm ready to etch my name into the history books as a FULL TIME XWL SUPERSTAR!!! Bring this jobber out here and let's get this show on the road!!!

(Tom Hanifan)
William Regal???

(Pat McAfee)
Surely Mr. Regal hasn't thrown the ol wrasslin boots on for ol times sake right?

William Regal steps out onto the stage wearing his suit, quickly putting to bed the idea that he's the handpicked opponent for Sam Samuelson right now. Regal does have a mic in hand tho and waits for his theme to quickly cut before speaking.

(William Regal)
I admire your enthusiasm Sam, but you did conveniently leave one crucial part of our agreement out, and I felt it only right to remind you about it and inform the XWL Universe of the proper stakes going into this match that's about to take place. You are correct about one thing, if you win? You will be handed a full time XWL contract on the spot...

Sam Samuelson's excitement is at it's peak point, confidence brimming from ear to ear as well.

(William Regal)
HOWEVER! If you lose? You will be escorted out of the arena swiftly AND your opponent will be rewarded the full time contract instead!!!

Samuelson's confidence fades slightly as he'd purposefully or perhaps coincidentally forgot about that part of the agreement, he quickly course corrects his attitude and re-enters "the zone" as he prepares for the biggest match of his life.

(William Regal)
So without further ado, your opponent...

Regal lowers the mic and steps to the side of the stage whilst pointing at it, the cue for the mystery opponent to make their way out here and reveal themselves to the world.

(Pat McAfee)
WOAH!!!!!!! NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!

(Tom Hanifan)

Can it be???

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Entrance

Drew Mcintyre steps out on stage to an extremely positive reception from the XWL Universe, they are thrilled to see him live here on Octane.

(Tom Hanifan)
IT IS!!! Drew Mcintyre is once again in an XWL arena!!!

(Pat McAfee)

This is a BAD DUDE, a former World Heavyweight Champion and just a straight up Scottish BAD ASS!

Drew shakes Regal's hand on stage who can be seen and slightly heard on the camera mic mouthing to Drew "go get em kid" Mcintyre puts his game face on and makes his way down to the ring with intent as Sam Samuelson and his previous confidence has completely evaporated in a matter of seconds.

(Tom Hanifan)
I guess we're about to find out if Sam Samuelson was all talk, or if there's a little substance to his bold claims.

(Pat McAfee)
Someone needs to tell this dude that he's still got time before this bell rings to throw in a towel, waive a white flag, throw his hands up, SOMETHING! Plenty of ways to surrender kid, might wanna think about it because they didn't call this dude a Scottish Psychopath at one point for nothin...

Mcintyre heads to the opposite corner, takes off his jacket, and hands it to the ringside crew. The referee then enters the ring and steps between the two men as Drew's theme dies out and within seconds the bell has sounded and this bout is underway.

(Pat McAfee)
THAT MIGHT BE THE QUICKEST MATCH IN XWL HISTORY!!!

(Tom Hanifan)

Sam Samuelson CHARGED at Drew Mcintyre, seemingly trying to catch him off guard from the jump, but Mcintyre was ready for it and laid him out with a BRUTAL Claymore Kick!!! That has to be one of the quickest matches in the history of Octane!

(Pat McAfee)

I just got word in my earpiece Tom, the official time on that one is EIGHT SECONDS!!! That's all it took for Drew Mcintyre to dispatch of Sam Samuelson and earn himself a full time XWL Contract!

Mcintyre stands in the ring as his music plays and the fans cheer him on, he goes to the top rope of each corner of the ring to thank them for their response towards him tonight, meanwhile William Regal has made his way back down to the ring with clipboard in hand. Drew hops down from the turnbuckles and Regal shakes his hand once again before handing him the clipboard with the contract on it, Mcintyre takes the pen attached to the top of the clipboard and signs his name on the dotted line, it's official, Drew Mcintyre is an XWL superstar once again!

Mcintyre motions for a mic as Regal exits the ring with the signed contract and heads to the back, Drew's theme cuts off as he's handed a mic and he addresses the XWL Universe for the first time in a LONG TIME...

(Drew Mcintyre)
Thank you, thank you all for that reception tonight, it means everything to me. Secondly, I wanna say thank you to my family, my wife, extended family back home in Scotland, anyone who's been there and supported me throughout my life leading to me finding my way back to this company tonight, THANK YOU ALL!!!

(Drew Mcintyre)
I wouldn't be here without them, and I wouldn't be here without the support of all of you. Throughout my career I've been all around the world, various continents, various countries, various companies, and throughout that journey I've reached the highest of high's and also endured the lowest of low's. I've had many monikers attached to me throughout my career, Chosen One, Scottish Psychopath, heck, I'm no stranger to all of you, there was a time when the Celtic Colossus was the Heavyweight Champion of the World around here, good times that was...

Drew smirks slightly before continuing...

(Drew Mcintyre)
I've grown to live with those labels people slapped on me over the years, Chosen One, Scottish Psychopath, Celtic Colossus...In a way? They're all me, they're all a part of what makes Drew Mcintyre who he is today. However, none of those labels encompass the full package, none of them wrap Drew Mcintyre up with a nice neat little bow and present him to the world for what he truly is...

(Drew Mcintyre)
THE SCOTTISH WARRIOR!!!

(Pat McAfee)
Works for me!!!

(Tom Hanifan)
Fits like a glove!

(Drew Mcintyre)
The Scottish blood that runs through my veins is that of a Warrior, "a brave or experienced solider or fighter" I've spent my whole career scratching, clawing, and fighting my way off of rock bottom to get to the top, and I've had to do it over and over again anywhere and everywhere I've gone. This time will be no different, I may be household name in your eyes, and for that I'm truly humbled, but as far as I'm concerned? I'm at the bottom of the barrel, the back of the line, whatever you wanna call it? I'm there, and I tell ya what? I'm pretty excited about it. I'm ready to lace up these boots night after night, pull those knee pads up, and kick some people's heads off to begin another classic Drew Mcintyre crawl to the top of the mountain.

(Drew Mcintyre)
And for all of you in the back? Don't worry, I won't be a hard man to find if you think you've just found your next easy stepping stone for some notoriety and clout around here, just scour the mountain that leads to the top around here, and look for the trail of bodies I've left in my wake as I ascend to the top, somewhere up there, you'll find Claymore Country...I must warn you though, don't get lost up there, be a damn shame if you come after me looking to make a name for yourself and a Claymore finds you first....

(Tom Hanifan)
What a statement by Drew Mcintyre tonight! The Scottish Warrior is HERE and he's just put everyone on notice!

(Pat McAfee)
I know I'll be finding Drew in the back after we go off the air and making it a point to get on his good side, I ain't taking a damn trip to Claymore Country voluntarily ANYTIME SOON!

Mcintyre drops the mic as his theme fires up again, he goes to the top rope once again to pose for the crowd and get a nice shot for the camera as McAfee and Hanifan wrap it up and Octane heads into a commercial break.

Last edited by Stunner on Wed May 11, 2022 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tango
Mid Card
Tango

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 1:49 pm

The feed cuts to a locker room where in the blurry distance a man can be seen actively working out. The scene then pans over to the chair where a dark blue jacket trimmed in yellow. The jacket has raised lettering in just a slightly lighter color than the jacket that reads “The Wrestling Purist”. The man then walks to the chair and picks up the jacket. Once the jacket is off of the chair a mouth piece with the wording “CSRO”.  The man picks up the mouthpiece the camera following the entire way. The man puts the mouthpiece in his mouth and the screen fades to black.

Pat Mcafee
Wait just a minute!!

Tom Haniffan
I’ve not heard this in quite sometime!!! If this is who I think it is , we are about to get a treat tonight folks!

The intro to the theme still echoes throughout the arena.

Pat Mcafee
You mean to tell me the the new XWL Owners have gotten us a queen tribute band in honor of our return tonight? How thoughtful.

Just as Pat Mcafee jumps onto the table to dance to queen. The theme switches.

Pat Mcafee
Just as I was getting into the groove! How could they!

As the second half of the theme begins to play the man steps out from behind the back and revealed to be none other than the man with many names whether it be Claudio Castagnoli, Antonio Cesaro, or just Cesaro, regardless it’s someone we haven’t seen in XWL for quite some time. The man stops at the top of the ramp where the stage ends and looks around. He then smiles and reveals the mouth piece that was shown just before his entrance into the arena. He placed his fists in front of him and quickly punches air and walks down the ramp making his way to the ring. He makes his way to the ring and he picks up a microphone.

???
You’ve known me as Claudio Castagnoli, Antonio Cesaro, Cesaro. But here in XWL you’ll know me as Claudio.

Claudio
I am here to fight the best the XWL roster has to offer. Now I would be like everyone else and just go straight for the top but that water is already muddy so I’m going to wait it out. I understand that there is a vacancy with the intercontinental title so that will be my first target. As for my opponent tonight Kross, an individual I’ve not had the opportunity to stand across the ring with but I’ve seen his work so I’ve got my work cut out for me but tonight I’m going to neutralize and I’m gonna be the one to come out On top

Claudio drops the mic awaiting Kross as we transition to a commercial break.

We return from Commercial Break

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 04823410 XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 8e3fa410

Tom Haniffan
What a battle! Claudio was speaking the truth when he said he had his work cut out for him.

Pat Mcafee
Claudio has neutralized Kross just as he promised. I look forward to seeing what’s next!

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 5:12 pm

FATAL FOUR WAY MATCH

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 NugZ8lZ XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 XWLPink-Carmella
 XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 CfGwb60 XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 5UH17ew

Commercial break aka match disconnected so cue part two of an awesome match

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 IVYVSSA

[Pat McAfee]
Bayley!!! Bayley did it!

[Tom Hanifan]
It was a two women race at the end there, it could have gone either way, but unfortunately for Rhea Ripley, it’s Bayley who’s left standing victorious

[Pat McAfee]
But fortunate for Bayley! What a fantastic welcome back this was for all four women involved.

Bayley is leaning against the turnbuckle, taking in the reaction from the crowd as they celebrate her victory, she looks out to the crowd and smiles.

[Kayla Braxton]
Congratulations Bayley!

Bayley turns to face Kayla as she makes her way up the steel steps and into the ring.

[Kayla Braxton]
You’ve just defeated three of the most talented women in wrestling today, all of them hoping to make an impact on the first ever episode of the NEW XWL, how do you feel?!

Kayla enters the ring and the crowd erupts as Bayley, with a huge smile plastered across her face steps up to answer.

[Bayley]
Kayla, I’m honestly a little bit shook right now, I was really excited for tonight, but I never thought, I never expected that I’d be standing here, having just defeated three of the best that XWL has to offer, I’m just speechless.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 D1fGlZP

[Kayla Braxton]
That’s completely understandable, with this revival, the womens championship picture is wide open, and after tonight, you might imagine that you could be considered, wouldn’t you say?

Looking for support from her adoring fans, Bayley looks around the arena…

[Tom Hanifan]
It seems like the crowd here in Austin tonight are in agreement with Kayla Braxton

[Pat McAfee]
It’s hard to argue with her, that was an impressive showing, I’m sure all four of these women are in contention, but Bayley has to be at the forefront.

Bayley takes in the approval from the crowd, and waits for it to die down…

[Bayley]
I’m not really sure Kayla… I mean, I know I won tonight but I’ve only just come back, I don’t know… What do you guys think?

Turning to the crowd to hear their answer, she leans against the ropes, grinning from cheek to cheek.

[Kayla Braxton]
It seems like you have your answer Bay….

*SMACK*

Braxton is sent flying to the floor, the whole arena stunned, she lies on the canvas clutching her cheek as the smug bayley menacingly grinning down at her.

[Tom Hanifan]
NO!! Why Bayley???

[Pat McAfee]
This makes no sense! Kayla didn’t deserve that.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Ds35UBz

Bayley kneels down beside Kayla and notices the microphone on the floor beside her, she reaches down to pick it up, and Kayla flinches, which only amuses her.

[Bayley]
Oh relax you fragile little girl, I’m not going to hurt you again, I promise… but you had to be taught a lesson. I mean, I just defeated the strongest, the fakest, and the biggest loser I’ve everrr come across, and you have the nerve to not only interrupt my celebration but to insinuate that I don’t deserve to wear championship gold?! Just who the hell do you think you are?!

BOOOOO!!

[Bayley]
You know what, I think I can do a much better job at this than you can, so how about you just get out of my ring okay? Here, I’ll help you.

Bayley grabs Kayla and rolls her towards the bottom rope, then she stands up and swiftly shoves kayla out of the ring with her boot, which the crowd doesn’t like at all.

[Bayley]
What? That didn’t hurt did it Kayla? I’m sorry, truly I am…

Bayley rolls out the ring after Kayla, and reaches under the apron, pulling out a steel chair.

[Pat McAfee]
That’s enough Bayley, no more, she’s an interviewer, she can’t defend herself, don’t be a bully!

[Tom Hanifan]
This is getting out of hand, someone needs to do something!

Bayley throws the chair into the ring, and taking one last look at Kayla lying on the floor beside her, she slides back into the ring, and sets the chair up in the middle.
[Bayley]
Ok so where we we? Oh right!

So Bayley, unsurprisingly, you just defeated three incredible women all by yourself, so obviously you’re the top candidate for both Alexa Bliss’s Womens Championship and Liv Morgan’s North American Championship right?

Bayley takes a seat on the chair.

[Bayley]
What a great question, you’re fantastic at this! And yes, of course you’re right, I am the only woman worthy of challenging Morgan and Bliss, in fact, I’d take them both on right now if they were here, and then I would celebrate my victory, WITHOUT interruption.

The audience are clearly hating this, but Bayley doesn’t care, she stands up and turns towards the chair.

[Bayley]
Oh gosh, you’re just so amazing, I don’t understand, how you do it. It’s been over a year since you last stepped into the ring, but it’s like you haven’t been gone at all, what’s your secret?[

As before, she sits back down on the chair.

[Bayley]
I know, I’m the best. See, while all of the people in the audience tonight were sat on their fat asses watching Netflix and playing video games, while Carmella was experiencing colourful showers, Bianca was fashioning her hair into a weapon, and Rhea was studying how to be an even bigger loser than she already is, I was working hard, every opportunity that I had, I was in my personal gym lifting weights even Belair herself would struggle with. I’ve always dedicated my life to this business, and that didn’t change during lockdown, and that, THAT is why I am the best, there is no secret recipe that you can all steal from me, it’s purely hard work and talent, which clearly not one of you people have.

Breaking out of her little interview routine, Bayley stands up and walks up to the ropes, fury in her voice.

[Bayley]
I didn’t lie earlier, I was really excited to come back to XWL, I’ve missed it, I’ve missed putting on incredible matches, I’ve missed facing strong women, and I’ve missed the sheer competition… but after I drove Ripley’s skull into the ground.. 1.. 2… 3… I realised something I haven’t missed and could definitely live without, and that’s the pathetic screeching voices of all you little sheep. You weren’t cheering for me, you weren’t happy for me, if it were Carmella, Bianca or Rhea who stood victorious here tonight, haha asif, but if it were, you’d be ecstatically cheering them too. None of this  is real, none of your adoration is real, you simply cheer for anyone who is superior to you, and that even includes the snivelling useless interviewer lying on the floor out there with her swollen cheek.

Bayley looks down at Kayla

[Bayley]
You hear that Kayla? There’s actually people out there more pathetic than you are right now!

[Bayley]
I’ve wasted too much time trying to entertain people inferior to me, and I’m just sick of it, so no more. Now, now I’m just going to entertain myself, at the expense of every woman out there. It’s time someone showed them all just how worthless they really are, and luckily for you, I’m here now to state the obvious that every body can see, but that nobody has the guts to talk about. Rhea, she was the beginning, but I’ve barely even started…

Bayely throws the mic out of the ring and it lands on top of Kayla Braxton

[Pat McAfee]
It’s not often I’m speechless, but I honestly don’t know what to say about what we’ve just seen, it’s unreal.

[Tom Hanifan]
You can say that again Pat, this isn’t the Bayley that we know and love, something has snapped inside her, she’s not…

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 JlJCiV0

[Bayley]
TURN THAT CRAP OFF!

Tom’s interrupted by an irate Bayley who’s grabbed the microphone back, screaming over the top of her entrance music.

[Bayley]
STOP IT!! I WILL NOT BE ASSOCIATED WITH THAT HORRIBLE SOUND!! I SAID STOP IT!!

Bayley runs up the ramp and into the backstage area as her music continues to play through the arena.

Last edited by P.R Son on Thu May 12, 2022 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 5:54 pm

We introduce the next segment with windchimes, sounds of cars on a highway and then the revving up of an engine of a black shimmering Spyder racing down it. The windows are tinted and the car takes a lot of unpredictable swerves, which lead down a long road. The road is as long as the day is, and yet the car comes to a complete stop. The headlights on the Spyder are beaming and then if you blink, you’ll miss it.. They are shut off, along with the engine. The door of the car swings open and a foot is stomped down to the ground, a voice is heard.

?̶?̶?̶
Make a move, I will feel it, make a sound, I will hear it. Think a thought and I will use it to my advantage.

The bracelets with an upside down cross draping the figure’s wrist start to jiggle as he moves his hand towards what seems to be a fence in a new scene.. keeping him apart from society below. As the image starts to take shape, you can see the club setting, and the bass of the night life booming. His voice overtakes the music entirely, and looks away from the camera while speaking in a monotonal way.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 AMyyUzY

?̶?̶?̶
Nature called with the wind blowing the leaves from the sidewalk, the hair on your skin raised by the presence, I had the phone and I answered the call without hesitation.

The next scene continues with the figure sat up in a leather chair, the gloves of a tattoo artist are seen with the needle pressing the upper shoulder. Now you can gain a visual of the newest acquisition to the studded roster. Half of his face is still hidden. He recognizes this and then kicks his feet up, leaning back in the chair and shows his entire face, a smirk to match.. With devious intentions lurking behind it.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 KVgTVzP

Ḑ????m???????????? Ꭾ????????????????????
It’s hidden in the symbols, in plain sight and through the fire. You have to look hard enough to find the answer you seek. Temperance and I were never the greatest of allies, I set the pace, I mark my territory, I ambush those who stand in my way. XWL has long needed someone to eradicate their putrid..disgusting.. Heroic fakery. This tattoo? It’s only as painful as the tolerance behind the individual. My wrath is far more palpable and connects the dots of your demise. I am here to change the game, rewrite the rules and break the martyrs, bring them to their knees and make them BEG for forgiveness.

The word beg echoing as if he is standing in a cave bellowing out. P????? putting his hands down on a bathroom counter, staring deep into the mirror, he turns the faucet on and lets the water run.

The water runs, cleansing the dirt, those who mock emblems of power. I’m not one to judge, I’m a man of action. I burn crosses with those attached to them who deserve it, I'm not your enemy, or your villain. I’m the father of chaos because someone has to control it, and use it when only necessary. I teach lessons and I teach the truth, I do not falsify, or claim to be something greater than a human. I’ve only ascended and leveled up beyond your wildest imaginations. I’m peak performance, tried and true. Test your might, I will call upon thy as your reckoning.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 NfBUbGJ

XWL needs a priest to save itself from the albatross looming near, and not just any priest..it needs Damian.. Priest  

The scene fades to black not because of the camera transitioning, but due to the startling tone of Damian’s voice once again, going more deeper and sending a clear message to those in his vicinity. The camera crew scurries out of the shadows and Damian folds his hands together, mouthing to himself, shades still on and tilts his head to the side and then to the other, stretching his neck, knowing that work has to be done. He turns the faucet off and laughs into the distance.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 9:26 am

As Octane's broadcast resumes, the newly acquired theme of Alexa Bliss begins to play, signaling her arrival...or perhaps in this case acting as a warning sign of her presence to come. The lights in the arena flicker in a red hue as the backdrop of the titantron displays a chilling visual of The Fiend's "face."

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 QOSr2TT

[Tom Hanifan]
Alright Mom and Dad, now might be a good time to send little Johnny or Susie out of the room because after what we witnessed at Under Pressure...viewer discretion is strongly advised when it comes to WHO is coming up.

[Pat McAfee]
EXPLICITLY painful content that will forever play within my nightmares...Sasha's screams that night still send chills down my spine, and my apologies because I just realized that was perhaps a poor choice of words considering what happened to Sasha's spine...or should we say what USED to be her spine.

[Tom Hanifan]
Our thoughts are with The Boss as she begins a long and grueling journey to reclaim the career that may have been taken from her, along with her Women's Championship.

[Pat McAfee]
We didn't know what to expect from this new side of Alexa Bliss, influenced by HIM, but I fear we've only scratched the surface of what she's capable of, and what PAIN she is able to bring upon the entire Women's division.

While parents in attendance aren't able to hear audio from the commentary team they seem to be well ahead of Tom's forewarning as some can be seen grabbing their sons or daughters and heading to refill their drinks or check out the merchandise stand. Anything to avoid allowing their precious child from being influenced by whatever Alexa Bliss might be here to say or do. This might seem a bit silly, but the truth is ever since Homecoming we've seen an entirely different version of Alexa Bliss. Her personality is beyond split, it's truly been twisted in HIS image...and if we had any thought that MAYBE just maybe this is some sort of "phase" that she'd grow out of...Under Pressure proved that she's more far gone than we could have ever imagined. The way she mercilessly shattered Sasha Banks's back...the lack of any remorse or morality when it came to the screams not even causing Alexa to blink? It showed a side of Bliss that essentially had no humanity. Every week seems to reveal more sinister layers to her transformation and the scariest part is we seem to only STILL be scratching the surface as Pat just told the viewers.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 CJjUX3t

Alexa soon appears at the top of the stage, both hands pressed up under her chin as the words "PLAY" and "PAIN" are highlighted on the outside of her gloves...but there's a new accessory in her possession and it's The Women's Championship worn around her waist. There's an eerie grin across her face as she stands there, unphased by the fact that this moment right now is only possible because she perhaps ended the former Champion's career in the final moments of their match. Boos are pouring in, but based on the smile across Alexa's face it seems the voices in her head are cheering over the voices of the crowd.

[Tom Hanifan]
Pat have you had a chance to talk to anyone in the division about the idea of being Alexa's first challenger?

[Pat McAfee]
I sure have, Tom. You know, they mostly are putting on a strong bravado, talking about how she'd never get the chance to do to them what she did to Sasha...but in the back of my mind all I could think of was how Sasha repeatedly expected to wipe the floor with her, and instead, she was almost pummeled into the floor by Alexa's mallet and then in true INSULT TO INJURY tapped out with her very own signature move.

[Tom Hanifan]
Of course, we heard Carmella earlier call her "April 2.0" but there are actually some clear differences between the two that perhaps may make Alexa even more dangerous than she was.

[Pat McAfee]
Bray Wyatt worked that voodoo that he do on AJ Lee, turning her into a terrifying threat in the division but this isn't the work of Bray this is the work of THE FIEND. Something far more frightening and more powerful than Bray ever was.

[Tom Hanifan]
She also seems to be a willing accomplice, while April was infamously captured and forced into what she became.

[Pat McAfee]
It begs asking, what kind of state do you have to be in to WILLINGLY subject yourself to the evil that lurks within The Firefly Funhouse?

[Tom Hanifan]
She eluded to it in the first edition of "Alexa's Playground" earlier in the evening at Under Pressure. She was at rock bottom, and HE showed her she wasn't as alone and helpless as she thought.

Both of her hands lower to the side of her newly acquired Women's Championship and she looks down at it with a giddy smile. After admiring her title, she looks ahead toward the ring and begins to stroll down the ramp resting both hands around her title as she ventures to the ring where she's prepared to send her first message as Champion. But as we cut away from her we are taken to the ring itself and, well...it reminds us of the very scene that kicked off Under Pressure. Alexa introduced us to her "Playground" and it's as if her Playground has been transported to the ring as the mat is covered in what looks like grass...and there's a swing set along with a slide and a rocking horse. Not exactly the typical things you'd find in a ring...but there's nothing really typical about Alexa Bliss these days. She soon reaches the bottom of the ramp and with a pep in her step, she runs up the steel steps venturing onto the apron and that's when her eyes spot the slide located directly in front of her. She looks to the audience with a gleam in her eye then proceeds to climb up onto the second rope, eventually making her way over the top rope where she sits on top of the slide before throwing both of her hands into the air as she lets out a "WEEEEE!" and slides down it.

After her unorthodox entry into the ring, she removes The Women's Championship from around her waist then raises it up into the air before lowering it behind her neck, resting it on both sides of her shoulders striking her signature pose. But after a few moments, she returns the title to her hand and looks toward the swingset and its two swings...then folds the straps into the title before resting it onto the right seat and takes the left seat for herself.  

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 7smMuXr

[Pat McAfee]
Only the best seat in the house for The Women's Championship.

[Tom Hanifan]
If that swing starts moving I'm outta here.

Eventually Alexa's theme stops playing throughout the arena and all focus shifts to Bliss as she begins to swing back and forth.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 WnP1e9c

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Welcome fireflies to Alexa's Playground!

She stretches both arms out showing off her "Playground" with a prideful smile. While we've only witnessed one "episode" of this if it's anything like Bray Wyatt's Firefly Funhouse?  We're in for quite an interesting viewing experience.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Y7uFhHc

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Now, why don't we go ahead and address our friend The Elephant in the room, shall we? Contrary to recent rumors that are vile, unfair, and just plain bonkers...I am NOT a cruel person. Something deeply troubling has shaken the foundation of this division, and to swing here all willy nilly with my new friend over here and act as if one of this division's greatest trailblazers didn't just suffer an unfortunate accident at Under Pressure. Where in a cruel turn of events...the pressure you could say, was...a little too much for her.

As that last sentence leaves her mouth, she audibly snickers, doing her best to not go into a burst of full-on laughter, but it's clear she finds Sasha Banks's misfortune at her hands quite "amusing."

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 D5FPa3T

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Poor poor, Sasha Banks...lying in a hospital bed somewhere as the world's best doctors try to sew you all back together. Find some miraculous way to realign your spine, or even infuse you with a new one considering what happened to your last one...

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 S0UCju0

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Such a pity that she broke her back carrying this division...

She can't help but let out a quick series of giggles of which she soon tries to stifle with her hand, but it's just more snickering that makes light of Sasha's potential career-ending injury. But as she regains her composure she looks toward The Women's Championship as if it were part of the conversation.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 LEjhcXm

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Well, I suppose I MAY...have had a teensy weensy bit of involvement in that.  

Talk about an understatement...she took a bedazzled mallet and slammed it across Sasha's back, not once...not twice...but THREE times...and as if that wasn't enough to leave Sasha whimpering for the rest of that match, she added insult to injury by using that mallet to pull Sasha off of the mat against her will and delivered a "Bankstatement" of her own, driving both knees into her broken back, and she forced Sasha to have to give up to her own submission move. There was nothing "teensy weensy" about the massive damage Alexa inflicted upon the former Women's Champion.

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
What can I say, actions have consequences...and just like HE...never forgets...neither do I. Let this be a lesson to you boys and girls, be kind to others...you never know who you might piss off...and if you're as unfortunate as Sasha was...you might find yourself against something, unlike ANYTHING you've ever faced before. But truthfully, I join the XWL Universe in wishing you a speedy recovery, Sasha. Although, I suppose a broken back is a pretty hard thing to...

And here we go again...she animatedly snickers for a moment, before proudly dropping her punchline as the boos just get louder and louder at her insensitive delight.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 VrX7Qkg

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Come BACK from!

It's all she can do to keep her laughter from pouring out of her before she finishes speaking. But once she gets it out, the floodgates have opened and she can't help but clap her hands together as she stops swinging and erratically rocks back and forth. Her twisted sense of humor is on full display as she takes a few moments to get it all out as the faces in the background say it all. There's nothing funny about Sasha's current condition...and these jokes are beyond poor taste.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 PzYJgYM

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Ah, forgive me...I absolutely LOVE a good joke and you've gotta admit that was pretty good. In fact, I bet she's having a little laugh herself right now. That or crying, but hey who can tell the difference sometimes, right? Pain is subjective after all, and what others can find to be soul-shattering...or in this case, BACK...shattering. Others can find the humor in those situations like I don't know...the night Alexa Bliss became a complete laughingstock when Sasha Banks humiliated her at her LOWEST and all anyone could seem to do was laugh...especially her. Well, I guess you could say I had the last laugh, huh?

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 N70tRB3

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Thanks to my newest toy from...HIM...I had a truly SMASHING night at Under Pressure! And now, I'm The NEW Women's Champion! Yowie, wowie...that feels so good to say! Women's Champion...WOMEN'S...Champion...CHAMPION...the last time I got to call myself that...well, was my Final Stand. But I don't like to talk about that, such a dark time in my life...so hopeless...so bleak...so devoid of any future success...the internal pain...the leering eyes as they watched me sink further down until I hit rock bottom...

She slouches in her seat as her feet stop swinging back and forth, and she just sits there allowing the silence to sink in. We saw on the first edition of "Alexa's Playground" the moment that she speaks of when her world came crashing down. Alexa went through THREE challengers, beating all of them by herself...but before her and Kairi's celebration could truly begin, Edge's post-match announcement would rock the seas of Five Feet Of Friend-SHIP. Alexa would meet one last person, Kairi Sane...her best friend...the person that saved her from a downward spiral when Ruby Riott infamously led her "purge" against Bliss. But now that very anchor to her sanity...had sunk her. Her joy disappears for these few seconds, and her eyes look away from the camera and stare at the floor as if she's mentally brought back to that night, and the feeling that would consume her from then on. Finally, she snaps out of her trance and shakes it off, returning to her new normal.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 EeEXBvU

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
BUT, all of that led me...to HIM! And poof, all my worries, all my troubles...just...DISAPPEARED! And in its place was more power than I could ever imagine. I'm still working out a couple of kinks here and there...but soon...REAL soon...my full potential will be truly...frightening! In all the best ways of course, well...not necessarily for others.

She resumes her carefree swinging as she allows the viewer's imaginations to run wild given what we've already seen possible from her in recent months.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 QOsOIKT

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
It's times like these where you just can't help but reflect on how far you've come. I've always just wanted a friend. Someone who, really understands me...someone, that brings out the best in me. Someone that really, completes me. I thought I found that with, well...her. But that ship sunk like all the others...

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 HN0o9Ck

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
ANYWAYS, I am so super duper excited to be The NEW Women's Champion...and boy oh boy are we going to have SO much fun! I mean, just think of all the possibilities...no, I'm serious...THINK LONG AND HARD...about ALL...the possibilities. If you thought what's happened thus far was pretty peachy keen, oh you haven't seen ANYTHING yet! HE taught me quite a lot about my newfound abilities and you wanna know the best part about them? I'M STILL DISCOVERING NEW ONES! It's like every day is a NEW adventure ready to embark on, and I get to share that with the WHOLE Women's Division!!

She allows her current momentum to swing her back and forth as she admires both of her gloves...gifts of course from "HIM" and she's certainly made great use of his gifts, whether it be these very gloves, the mallet she unveil at Under Pressure...or the...supernatural powers she's exhibited, though we're not sure crying tears of blood is a power anyone is dying to acquire. Her feet soon plant on the mat stopping her momentum from carrying her any further and she looks directly into the camera.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 OeTNqXj

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Speaking of him, I bet all of you are wondering where he's been lately, huh?

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 TuZNVNy

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Turns out, helping someone to the extent that he's helped me is quite taxing on you...and, he's been a little under the weather lately. The stronger I get...the longer it manifests within me...he just gets tired...really, really tired. It's why April was able to take advantage of his gifts way back when...she saw his weakness as, just that...weakness. But what she didn't see is how committed he is to empowering his friends...to building them up into everything they've ever wanted to be. He even told me he wouldn't blame me if I abandoned him just like...she did. But I shook my head and said no way, he saved me...I let him in...and ALL of this became my new reality!

While she explains that he's not here physically right now...his spirit indeed is here as our eyes can see based upon everything that surrounds Alexa Bliss these days. From her special "Playground" to her "transformed" self...to The Women's Championship swinging beside her, she won partly due to his oversized mallet with its own twist of "Bliss." She of course as she said isn't the first woman to be saved by him...no, AJ Lee infamously took his gifts and became Sister April...however she used those gifts against him and proceeded to kick him to the curb. Alexa's explanation now seems to explain how she was able to do that, his gifts come at a cost to himself, and while April was finished with him...Alexa seems far more loyal and understanding of the toll his gifts are taking on him.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 5QKcF0H

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Don't you worry fireflies...he's feeling more and more like himself every day and you'll be seeing his smiling face again REAL soon...

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 UrUlNrM

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Now, I'm not naive...I understand a great deal the seriousness that surrounds The Women's Championship. It's a pretty hefty responsibility to represent this division, to carry on the lineage of all that came before me...but with the weight of the world on my shoulders, I will rise to the occasion and leave my own trail set ablaze that will be like nothing ANY of you have ever seen before. If you thought the way I won this shiny new toy of mine was something...just wait until you see what else I can do! In fact, in honor of my new reign...why don't I give you a sneak peek, what do you say?

In what has become a common theme with Alexa...she has presented a question for the viewer to answer...however, with the audience finally physically present tonight...she's met by nothing but boos on top of more boos...boos that are in no way the answer she's looking for. Despite that, as she tilts her head ever so slightly after pausing for an answer...she starts to enthusiastically nod as if she heard what she wanted to hear.

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Well, since you asked so nicely...allow me to bring you on a magical journey for which there is NO return...a journey with two of my nearest and DEAREST friends...you could say we go WAY back...almost as far back as one of their fingers went down my throat!

She abruptly breaks out into maniacal laughter that unlike Carmella's earlier in the show...is indeed VERY sinister. And while we know WHO she's talking about, making a not-so-subtle reference to the infamous "purge" which put Alexa's personal struggles out for the whole world to see in an effort to destroy her...we're not sure WHAT she's getting at by talking about it or what journey is involved in this.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 1345

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Fun times, right? Well if you thought THAT was oodles of fun? Wait until you see what happened in the middle of filming RUBY's new reality show highlighting her SUPER-AWESOME FRIENDSHIP WITH THE NEW NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION Liv Morgan! Lucky for all of you, I managed to get my hands on an early cut of the first episode! But to be honest with you the first half is a little boring, awful music...endlessly self-absorbed monologues, and an insufferable amount of digs at all of you...HOW RUDE...so we're going to skip past all of that and get to the REALLY GOOD stuff!

With a wink directly to the camera, Alexa directs our gaze to the titantron where the sound of music is the first thing that cuts through the air, music that is ENTIRELY too loud, it's like how when you're laying in bed at night and you can just feel how obnoxiously loud someone's playing their music, like how do their eardrums survive that? As our screens at home fully focus on the tron we see an older model black muscle car speeding down the countryside taking the scenic route rather than the busy interstate as Ruby can be seen driving while Liv is halfway out the window with her title raised into the air as she's still in the middle of her victory lap after capturing the title at Under Pressure. It's a dark, foggy night where you can't see a thing in front of you, but for these couple of hooligans that doesn't phase them one bit. They are living their best lives together as they ride the high of Liv's Championship victory and likely plot Ruby's own golden venture with a rival she knows VERY well. Liv shouts "YOU SHOULD TRY THIS RU, THE WIND FEELS GREAT!" to which Ruby chimes back "Well one of us has to drive" a it of light banter until suddenly Ruby's eyes widen and she slams down on the break to which Liv nearly falls out of the open window and turns to Ruby with a "what the heck" escaping her only to see what has Ruby's eyes so startled.

[LIV MORGAN]
Wh-who is that? We're in the middle of nowhere...

[RUBY RIOTT]
I don't know...what are they even doing?

As their car comes to a screeching halt, they both look at one another confused by what's before them...a figure slightly obscured in the shadows created by their headlights covered in a cloak in the middle of the road. What on Earth is this person thinking? Do they not realize they could've been run over? There's nothing around for miles other than a stretch of trees. As their music continues the blare they contemplate getting out of the car, but then again they're literally in the middle of nowhere...every horror movie ever says that is the absolute worst thing they could do. Luckily for them, they're main characters, they're not the supporting cast that shows us what evil awaits in the second half of the movie...no Liv Morgan is The NEW North American Champion, and not only do these two "Liv 2 Riott" they also plan on LIVING period. But before they could make any drastic moves, that figure raises their hands up to the hood concealing their face, and soon allows it to fall backward revealing their identity...

[RUBY RIOTT]
The fu-

[LIV MORGAN]
Is that...OH NO NO NO! WE ARE NOT DOING THIS! STEP ON THE GAS, RUBY! FLATTEN THIS GHOUL!

This person is indeed Alexa Bliss, but their expression is completely devoid of any emotion...almost reminiscent of when she first returned after "letting him in." Ruby's history with Alexa is very long and tumultuous, and that was before she found the darkness...so needless to say after what Sasha Banks was put through at Under Pressure? They know no good will come from being anywhere near her. So without any hesitation, Ruby slams her foot onto the gas as Liv rolls her window up to avoid the splatter that's to come from what they're about to do, and with a loud screeching and tire tread quickly burning off the pavement their car slams forward accelerating right at Alexa Bliss!

But before the car makes contact, The Women's Champion disappears in the thick of the fog, and immediately Ruby slams on the breaks as Liv looks back, seeing only the cloak she wore left on the road.

[LIV MORGAN]
Where the hell did she go?

[RUBY RIOTT]
I don't know, she was just there...

Their metaphorical main character plot armor falls to the ground as they foolishly get out of the car and rush over to the scene of their attempted crime and they can't believe it. Alexa indeed is gone, and all that remains is her cloak. Liv pulls her title off her shoulder and places it onto the rear of the car, allowing her now free hands to pick up the robe looking under it as if Alexa was going to suddenly appear but she's nowhere to be found...Ruby starts to look under the car as if maybe she's hiding under there, but as her head becomes concealed by the bottom of their car the back of her skull ricochets off of it as their music suddenly is replaced by the sound of...Alexa's laughter?

It's playful, it's cheery, but given the circumstances, it's downright eerie to have their radio now suddenly broadcasting the laughter of Alexa Bliss. Ruby grabs at the back of her head as a concerned Liv asks her if she's okay, both still quite shaken by the experience they're currently dealing with.

Ruby assures Liv she's fine then angrily trounces to the passenger side of the car, leaning into it to turn this god-awful laughter off. There's no love lost between Ruby and Alexa, and it's clear she's not here for these "fun and games."

[RUBY RIOTT]
God, I swear if I hear that bitch laugh one more time...

[LIV MORGAN]
RUBY!!

[RUBY RIOTT]
What? I'm so sick of h-

Her eyes widen as we see a white-gloved hand with the word "PLAY" visible tap her on the shoulder, and she turns to see Alexa Bliss giddily waving at her with a  bright but unnerving smile on her face. Before she can even react to this drastic shift in moods, or the fact that Alexa has reappeared after vanishing in thin air...Alexa's other hand thrusts forward, with the word "PAIN" only visible for a moment before it's rammed into Ruby's mouth and the former rival of Bliss is abruptly caught in the mandible claw!

Liv's screams echo in the darkness as she wails for Alexa to stop it, all while Ruby at first struggled, grabbing the wrist of Alexa's hand trying to force her hand out of her mouth but it soon becomes too much for her and her hand becomes limp as it falls to her side and she's brought against the side of the car trapped by the once again soulless gaze of Alexa Bliss. She begins coughing uncontrollably as she gasps for air that is blocked out by Alexa's glove and her erratic movements become even more intense as a suspicious liquid begins to ooze out of her mouth.

This is the part of the movie where the final girl, Liv in this case is confronted by the reality of what lies ahead for her. Does she try to run off and get help? Does she become the hero she wants to see in the world and save her friend? Or does she become almost frozen in an unholy combination of fear and sadness at what terrors her eyes are witnessing? Unfortunately for Liv, it's the latter. This isn't something ANYONE in XWL is used to dealing with, not since Sister April has the division had to worry about such frightening moments coming to life but thanks to HIS influence...Alexa Bliss has become the harbinger of PAIN. Ruby's body itself becomes limp as she's forced to the ground by Alexa's vicious hold until Alexa finally removes her hand and all that remains is what appears to be black goo dripping out of her mouth...and that same mysterious liquid dripping from Alexa's "PAIN" embellished hand.

Seeing Ruby's state of unconsciousness finally allows Liv to "snap out of it" shaking her head in anger as a lone tear begins to fall down her cheek..." YOU BITCH!" she cries out rushing forward, gaining the courage to go after someone so unhinged. But just like that, Alexa turns before she can make contact and brings her black liquid-covered glove up to her lips before blowing a kiss at Liv and breaking out into a peal of more deranged laughter than what previously played on the radio. Fueled by her anger Liv rushes full speed ahead, but as she neared the object of her disdain...Alexa once again disappears out of sight but FAR from out of mind.

Liv bangs her fist on the edge of the car, adrenaline-pumping so only a wince appears on her face. That rage fades to concern as she tries to restore Ruby's consciousness. She frantically wipes the strange liquid from her mouth and shakes her a bit, unsure of what Alexa did to her...but there's no response.

[LIV MORGAN]
COME ON, WE'VE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE!

She cries out for her pal's cooperation, but unfortunately for Liv...she appears to be in this alone, a state in which she's rarely found herself in since she first arrived in XWL. From her on again off again bond with Sasha Banks...to her recent endeavors with Ruby...while she's strong and independent, she's found strength in her connections to someone else, and being in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by fog and the noises of the night, with Ruby lying on the ground in a state of unconsciousness? Well, that's the worst-case scenario manifesting itself into something truly terrifying. She pulls herself together, even if it takes a few seconds, then reassures her unresponsive partner that she's going to get the both of them out of here. She pulls her off the ground, loading her up into the passenger seat, then closes the door protecting her from the outside world. She can't help but almost sigh feeling relief start to sweep over her. The worst was over, Alexa did her mind games and sent her message, but she's gone and now all that's left to do is seek help for her partner at the nearest medical facility, which given they're currently on a stretch of road in the middle of trees and even more trees...she has to get the two of out them out of here NOW!

However, her eyes go from looking through the glass concerned at Ruby placed in the passenger seat, to terror-stricken as we all see Alexa's reflection bouncing off of the window...BEHIND HER!

We're literally watching a horror movie right now as we audibly shout "BEHIND YOU!!!" to our respective screens, at this reality show turned horror show but just as with movies...our warnings come too late when Liv's face is smacked right off the window by Alexa leaving a noticeable crack from the impact.

She slowly slides down the side of the car as Alexa stands there emotionless as if she's not herself right now...even more than the new normal that is. But as her eyes stare down at the writhing Liv, her head turns abruptly to the rear of the car, and what Liv had set down on it, The North American Championship. She walks over toward it, as if she's lulled in by the memories associated with that title, including the most painful one of all, the moment that sent her into the arms of HIM because there was no coming back from it. She once held this title, she fought valiantly to defend it, but her efforts would prove useless as it was ripped away from her by her nearest and dearest friend...how can Liv have a friend AND the title? She picks it up into her hands, looking at it as if it's sending her into a trance...when suddenly she's struck in the back by a fairly large tree branch?! Liv stands there, blood streaming down her forehead with the only weapon one can get at a time like this, mother nature's finest. Channeling her inner badass from a post-apocalyptic zombie thriller.

[LIV MORGAN]
AGH! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! WHAT EVEN ARE YOU ANYMORE?! I'll tell you, ROADKILL!

Liv hoists the large branch up before swinging it down onto Bliss as if she's in the home stretch, SHE THE FINAL GIRL IS BEATING UP THE SPOOKY BITCH TRYNA TAKE HER OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE...but see, the thing is...what usually happens when that occurs...is we find out that "monster" is a bit more powerful than you think. And this moment of "victory" is VERY short Liv'd. Because as she brings the branch back up, she sees that Alexa has once again disappeared, and this is the LAST straw. She lets out an anguish and angry scream as she kicks the side of the car before suddenly a hand reaches out from under the car and catches her foot tripping her up and she falls facefirst onto the road! She crawls forward, freaked out all over again flipping over onto her butt as she watches Alexa crawl out from under the car...except, her crawl is well...very grudge-like. Alexa's leg swings over her arm as she slowly inches toward Liv, almost paralyzing her in fear wrapped up in confusion, and a smidgen of caution. After a moment to freak out, she stumbles back to her feet and reassesses the situation. What does she do right now? What CAN she do is perhaps the more accurate question? She looks toward the car knowing Ruby needs her help, then takes a deep breath before charging at Alexa ready to FIGHT for their lives. "I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU BITCH!" she hollers out, and as quickly as that last word leaves her mouth...we see Alexa's emotionless gaze break as a sly smirk appears on her face...before she swings her hand forward...AND A FIREBALL FLIES RIGHT INTO LIV'S FACE!!!

Immediate cries of agony escape Liv as she lies on the ground writhing, covering her face that just had a FREAKING FIREBALL THROWN INTO IT! WHEN IS THE LAST TIME WE EVER SAW THAT? HOW DID ALEXA EVEN DO THAT?! The North American Champion's bellowing is truly bone-chilling, no matter how tough you are, when the element of surprise is wrapped up in a LITERAL ball of fire flying toward you until it barrels into your face? You're going to be immediately powerless, you're going to be in more pain than perhaps you've ever been in because AGAIN IT'S FIRE!! She continues to roll around crying out, screaming for someone to help her, as Alexa's focus shifts from Liv...and back to the car where it all started. She grabs The North American Title off the ground then allows it to drag across the road as she walks to the driver's side, then opens the door seeing Ruby still lifeless in the seat Liv placed her in back when she thought just MAYBE they could make a clean getaway. Without any hesitation, just like Ruby had none the night she shoved her hands down Alexa's throat and began to "purge" her...a moment so gruesome XWL immediately cut the footage before it could VISUALLY be broadcast, and all we heard were gasping sounds followed by the sounds that escape you when your gag reflex is triggered...Alexa lifts The North American Championship up, folds the straps into itself, then leans inward, as she lays the title ONTO THE GAS PEDAL!

Within an instant, the car speeds away, disappearing into the foggy night...as Alexa's gaze stares directly at us with a sinister smile and she begins to step forward as we see the camera for the first time lower so much we see feet? WAIT, are we seeing a cameraman that was around to film them as the lone survivor of what's just happened? Alexa walks up to the camera before waving at it with her fingers moving up and down the universal sign for "bye-bye" with that, the footage concludes...and we're transported back to the arena where the audience is BOOING EVEN LOUDER! All while Alexa is all smiles.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 309

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
I guess you could say...if you can't stand the heat...

Alexa's eyes grow cold, as her cheery demeanor fades, and her swing comes to a screeching halt, just like Ruby and Liv's car came before things went South. Her feet plant themselves on the mat, and her head tilts up looking directly into the camera...

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
GET OUT OF MY DIVISION!

A message as clear as anything ever was, delivered directly to the entire Women's Division...if they thought she would prove to be a tough champion to overcome...they've been given yet another reason why they'll need to tread lightly when coming for her, because she just seemingly took out BOTH Liv Morgan and Ruby Riott in the most horror movie esque ambush we've ever seen. What happened to Ruby Riott? What is the condition of Liv Morgan after a FIREBALL was thrown right into her face? Things have indeed heated up in The Women's Division with Alexa capturing The Women's Championship, and with HIS influence clearly rubbing off on Bliss more and more as time passes...what hope does the division have in stopping her wake of destruction after she's seemingly taken out the other champion in the division? The scene comes to an end as the boos continue to pour in all while Alexa's eyes pierce into the camera like a dagger aimed at every single Woman in XWL...or you know, like the fireball thrown into The North American Champion's face.  

Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 4:40 pm

[TOM HANNIFAN]
I'm still disturbed by that footage Alexa showed us regarding Liv Morgan and Ruby Riott...we can tell you that Liv Morgan is NOT here tonight, but XWL officials are apparently talking to Liv's doctors as we speak.

[PAT MCAFEE]
Absolutely, Tom, we hope nothing but the best for our North American Champion. We already had one title vacated tonight. But we've still got the rest of the program tonight to get through, Tom.

[TOM HANNIFAN]
And we've still got one heck of a main event, as John Cena returns to the ring to challenge Robert Roode for the World Heavyweight Championship!

[PAT MCAFEE]
Buckle up and get your ass some popcorn and a brewski, 'cause the show's just getting started!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 6cd44b53c13072621c66ace8e66046eec32b6e1d

[TOM HANNIFAN]
Well, XWL social media broke right before the show went on the air that former XWL Analyst and current XWL Producer, MVP, had an announcement to make regarding his future in XWL, but I certainly didn't expect that announcement to be right now, Pat.

[PAT MCAFEE]
I just hope his announcement ain't that he's about to whoop your ass for taking his spot here at the desk, Tom!

[TOM HANNIFAN]
Well, we do know that Montel recently extended his contract with XWL after transitioning to a Producer role, so I'd assume he wouldn't give up a lucrative contract to stay home.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 777b9f893feae339fc00624c3e8bba2f6216a6d9

[PAT MCAFEE]
Well, ya' never know, Tom...Miami is REALLY nice this time of year! College is letting out for the summer, college co-eds in less clothing than wrestling trunks are running wild on those sunny Florida beaches, and—

[TOM HANNIFAN]
Alright, alright...

MVP continues to slowly strut his way down the ramp in his designer suit, the current XWL Producer receiving a surprisingly positive reaction as he slowly steps into the ring, beckoning for a microphone.

[MVP]
XWL Universe, welcome to the V.I.P. Lounge! My name, in case y'all been living under a rock the last fifteen years, is Montel Vontavious Porter: MVP. And I am currently a backstage producer for XWL. I used to be sat right there at that desk, getting a bird's eye view of all of the top XWL superstars of today. And while I was sitting there at the commentary desk, having to provide my expert analysis, it got me thinking...

[MVP]
Today's superstars...they're ALL soft as putty! They're softer than Texas Longhorn wide receivers!

The University of Texas faithful begin to boo as Montel runs down their beloved Longhorns. MVP attempts to continue his diatribe, but is drowned out by "GO HORNS GO!" chants, the fans holding up their hands in the shape of the horns as they try and drown out the XWL producer, MVP growing more and more frustrated before finally shouting over the jeers and chants.

[MVP]
Only thing y'all hooking is another L to Oklahoma!

This, of course, just leads to more boos as MVP attempts the cheap heat by referring to the Texas Longhorns' bitter rival, the Oklahoma Sooners.

[MVP]
All of y'all's players were so ass, ain't none of them even get drafted! Your head coach is a drunk! Y'all lost to goddamn Kansas! In football! Kansas! Kansas ain't even been good at football since World War II!

[PAT MCAFEE]
...They also lost to MY West Virginia Mountaineers...

[MVP]
Ahh, forget it, ain't none of y'all worth any more of my time! The reason I'm out here ain't to talk about my future...it's to talk about XWL's future. 'Cause I'mma' take all these soft ass wannabe Superstars and I'mma' mold this place into my image...but I sure as hell ain't doing it alone! Because you see...I found the one exception. The one diamond in all this rough. The true Superstar amongst all these nobodies and wannabes.

[MVP]
And I'm making it my mission, NO, my PURPOSE to make this man a World Champion. Ladies and gentlemen...from Baltimore, Maryland by way of Lagos, Nigeria! Standing at an immaculate 7'3"! Weighing 400 pounds! I give to you...the newest client of VIP, LLC! The Naija Nightmare...OMOS!

[PAT MCAFEE]
...Did he say 7'3"!? Did he say 400 pounds!?

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Maxresdefault

[TOM HANNIFAN]
Oh my god...look at the size of this...th-this absolute behemoth, Pat!

[PAT MCAFEE]
Good GAWD almighty, that man is an ABSOLUTE FREAKIN' UNIT!

[TOM HANNIFAN]
He just had to DUCK HIS HEAD just to get underneath the video board, Pat! That is a gargantuan individual!

[PAT MCAFEE]
And with MVP by this walking skyscraper's side? Good freakin' luck to the rest of the roster, Tom!

The massive Omos slowly stomps down to the ring with a scowl on his face as he looks out to the crowd in awe of his sheer size and physical presence. MVP, meanwhile, is grinning like the cat that swallowed the canary, knowing that his new prospect may just have future World Champion written all over him.

[TOM HANNIFAN]
The absolute change in the atmosphere when Omos walked through that curtain is frightening, to say the least.

[PAT MCAFEE]
Texas is one of the hottest states in this beautiful nation of ours, Tom, but it feels like a blizzard just hit inside the Moody Center!

As Omos steps over the top rope and poses to showcase his pure size, MVP stands beside his new client, patting him on one of his massive biceps.

[MVP]
You know what, big man...I don't think these people here in Austin are truly aware of just how dangerous you can be. So you know what, as an XWL producer, and given that on the poster for the show outside this brand new venue, it says at the bottom "card subject to change"...I'm changing the card for tonight's show!

[TOM HANNIFAN]
...Can MVP do that!?

[PAT MCAFEE]
Well, he's certainly got more power to change the card than either of us do, Tom!

[MVP]
Get me a referee out here! And fetch whatever scrub that this dumpster fire of a university calls its finest professional wrestler...because Omos is about to make his XWL in-ring debut right here, right now!

Begrudgingly, a referee begins the slow jog down to ringside, a local Austin fan favorite timidly making his way to the ring behind the referee. Looking like he's about to step inside a cage with a hungry grizzly bear, Omos' last minute opponent looks scared to death as he slowly climbs into the ring, careful not to do anything that would agitate the Walking Skyscraper.

[PAT MCAFEE]
I got a lot of respect for this kid for willingly climbing in that ring with that monster across the ring from him...but unfortunately, someone may need to get his relatives on speed dial and inform them that this man's chosen line of work ain't got a 401k.

idk why i'm putting so much space between the match and the winner's theme video...acting like the winner is some surprise or something lmao

[RING ANNOUNCER]
Here is your winner...Omos!

[TOM HANNIFAN]
Sam Samuelson may have only lasted mere seconds against Drew McIntyre...but that may have been an even stronger showcase of pure dominance from Omos.

[PAT MCAFEE]
Omos just lifted a grown ass man, picked him up under his armpits like he was picking up a goddamn CHILD...held him some ten feet in the air...and then planted his ass straight through the damn mat! That wasn't a Sky High Spinebuster...that was a Skyscraper Spinebuster right there, Tom!

As Omos keeps his foot on his victim's chest, he victoriously pounds his chest with his fists, exerting his dominance as MVP steps into the ring, applauding his client.

[TOM HANNIFAN]
What in God's name has MVP just unleashed on this company, Pat?

[PAT MCAFEE]
I shudder to think, Tom...I shudder to think...
Back to top Go down
Strummania
Mid Card
Strummania

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 5:55 pm

We go backstage to see Kayla Braxton ready for an interview, Kayla smiles and begins to speak.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Ae05841dae7e8401d77c89a3fcf46286

Kayla Braxton

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome my guest, coming off her first EVER match here in XWL! The EST Bianca Belair!

Bianca walks into the frame still a little tired, but a smile on her face all the same as you can tell how happy she is to finally be here in XWL

Bianca Belair
Thank you, Kayla, how are you doing?

Kayla Braxton

I'm great Bianca, thank you for asking. I wanted to get your thoughts on your match tonight, you, unfortunately, didn't get the win but had a very impressive showing out there.

Bianca smiles slightly with a side of disappointment, she had her first match, but she also didn't win. Instead of feeling ashamed she smiles again and begins to speak.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Bd1667e509f8e80653edd4e65d8ebb5b

Bianca Belair

It's true I'm a little disappointed, but, I'm still FINALLY here in XWL. It's very bittersweet I'll be honest. I won't let it hold me back though, I came here for three reasons Kayla. One of them is obvious, win Championships and prove that I'm the fastEST, strongEST, toughEST, smartEST, and roughEST of the entire XWL roster. I'm here to cement MY legacy as the greatEST WRESTLER that the entire world has ever seen, I'm here to KOD any Woman or Man standing in my way and make them SEE that I'm THE EST!

Kayla smiles then look a little confused, she racks her brain for a second collecting her thoughts as she asks Bianca another question

Kayla Braxton

Wait, that was only two reasons? You said three, what was your third reason? To make the Hall of Fame? To break the longest reigning Champion record? Was it to win every tournament and do everything you can do in XWL?

Bianca laughs to herself as Kayla tries to guess what Bianca's third reason is. Bianca smiles as she thinks about how amazing of a career she's going to have when her smile drops suddenly.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 E2d115b284644875b018a642a81de98c

Bianca Belair
All those will come normally, Kayla. No, my third reason?

Bianca stares directly into the camera, anger filling her eyes but still a smile on her face. She has this unmatched controlled anger that startles Kayla and makes her back up from the EST.

Bianca Belair
My third reason is to avenge my friend Sasha Banks. My third reason is to, one day soon, teach that little rat that broke my friend's back what happens when you hurt the people I care about. You see Kayla.

Bianca turns to Kayla and smiles a little more, with the same anger in her eyes.

Bianca Belair
People never fear me at the right time, it's always after they see how dangerous I really am. They think, "oh Bianca? She's strong but WAY too kind, she does things the right way, kind people have WAY too many rules"

Bianca loses her smile and talks to the camera again.

Bianca Belair
Let me tell you something Alexa, kind people don't need rules and it's not smart to find out why I have so many. So let me tell you what WILL happen, one day you will be face to face with me. You WILL feel how Sasha felt after I break more than just your back. You will find out how dangerous the fury of a kind soul can be, and once I break you? Once your outside reflects the broken garbage on the inside. I want you to tell everyone something for me, tell them what I'm capable of Alexa, tell them how bad I broke you. I want them to know that you got the biggEST ass-kicking of your life, that if anyone thinks trying to hurt the people that I LOVE is in any way a good idea, I want you to show them the scars you'll have and tell them. Hold on to that Title Lexi, cause when we meet? I'm taking your Championship AND your spine, and your little fireballs won't help.

Bianca walks off leaving Kayla there stunned as we fade to a commercial break.
Back to top Go down
LazyEye513
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 4:17 pm

We are welcomed backstage where we find a shaken up Kayla Braxton trying to bring it together before her next interview. Of course after Bayley's assault tit wouldn't be crazy if she took the rest of the night off. But it's an important night and she is nothing if she is not professional so she takes a deep breath and readies herself for the unexpectedness that XWL brings

Kayla Braxton
Kayla Braxton here and I'm coming to you to interview The Empress of tomorr-

Kayla's voices dies off and we quickly see why. Into the frame walks Asuka. Asuka's face can only be described as haunting. Empty. Devoid of all emotion. Asuka ghostly aura can clearly be felt by Kayla who doesn't know what to say or how to approach this situation. Luckily for her Asuka begins to talk

Asuka
I warned all of you...

Kayla Braxton
I'm sorry what was that?

Asuka
I said! I warned you!

For the first time Asuka allows emotion to grace her face. her words comes out more as a bark than regular speech. Her eyes jump up to Kayla and it looks like she's headed for another bad interaction tonight

Asuka
I warn everyone what Alexa was. That she not this cute, this innocent, this new person. Everyone forgive her. They forgive her past evil deeds and embrace her friendship with Kairi Sane. You ALL cheer her. You all root for her. You American's have phrase. 'Karma is bitch'. When Alexa finally! FINALLY!...got her Karma from Mandy Rose you all cheer her one. I waited, I pray, I pray for her downfall but it never happen. And now....no one laughing. No one cheering. Look at what she did to Sasha. What she just did to Ruby and Liv

There has been a lot of reactions to this new form of Alexa Bliss. Some fearful. Some disgusted. But for Asuka there is nothing on her face but pure frustration. Asuka doesn't stop her ranting though, she keeps going

Asuka
And now everyone scared. Now everyone worried. Everyone but me!

Asuka licks her lips slowly, mind clearing racing and her imagination whirling vividly

Asuka
Because now everyone see her for who she really is. A monster. A creature. So what I do to her cannot be considered too far cause whatever she is, she not human anymore. The humiliation I suffered...Everyone year her life, her career rise and mine stays stuck. Shackled by my anger, my absolute hatred for every cell in her body. I have no titles, I have no friends, all I have left is my anger and my redemption. I cannot no, I will not move on till Alexa Bliss nothing more than memory

Kayla listened with slight disturbance to the angry rabid rambling of Asuka has finally found her voice

Kayla Braxton
Asuka, I have followed your career since I started this profession. You are as talented as they come. But...whatever she, Alexa, is now...it's not usual. No one has seen anything like this since April. And whatever she is, she's capable of more than April. And just like you never beat normal Alexa, you never pinned or submitted April. Do you really think you can beat her now?

Much like a lot of other times in her time in XWL, Asuka is hit in the face with cold hard truth. For as talented she is, Asuka has had a habit of coming up on the short end of the stick. The one narrowly defeated. The one listening to her opponents theme song while staring up at the lights. And just like always, when hit with cold hard truth Asuka pushes ahead past it

Asuka
...I don't have any other choice. My career and my life cannot move one. I...cannot move on until I take her down.

Kayla Braxton
And what of your opponent Kay Lee Ray tonight?

Asuka stares at her for a few seconds before replying

Asuka
...Send a message

Cut to Black
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 8:49 pm

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 CO20RuU XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 XWLPink-Asuka

Pat McAfee
A great match in between these too in their first meeting

Tom Hannifan
A strong victory for Asuka, if she even care with her unhealthy obsession with Alexa

Asuka's arm is held high in victory as she obviously feeling the after effects of that physical match. Asuka should relish in her victory. But as she looks at Kay Lee Ray being attended to by the ref Asuka's face looks depressed sadly. The crowd starts to pick up but Asuka pays it no mind unfortunately.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
- Oh, you thought she was just getting a crowd pop? Think again.

On the apron steps a female who has changed the game before, and now has the all the cards. She stands there and watches Asuka’s happy go-lucky attitude, the commentary in excitement along with the crowd.

Pat McAfee
HOLY COW-abunga. That- that’s..that IS SHAYNA FREAKING BASZLER!

Shayna springs into the ring without thinking twice and then Asuka catches wind of what’s going on, Baszler having on her ring gear, dressed for a fight and unfortunately Raquel’s plane was not allowing her to make tonight, so is she making a statement, we would imagine so. What sort of statement is she making? We’re about to find out. Asuka turns to meet eyes with a tensed up Baszler.

Tom Hannifan
The enormous crowd reveling in this moment. Asuka and Baszler standing mono e- mono and the atmosphere has COMPLETELY shifted on its heels.

Baszler walks up to Asuka and hits a shoot shot right to the gut, Asuka lets out a gasp and falls down to one knee. Shayna takes the thick of Asuka’s rainbow colored hair and she grimaces at the power being thrusted upon her. The Submission Magician gone Dark, rogue and without moments to process, She takes the hair of Asuka and forces her face into the mat, making her kiss it. The disrespect being shown, Shayna yelling out to her mockingly “I’m going to make you suffer, because I can…”

Shayna takes the wrist of Asuka in a precarious position, and twisting the joints, extending her fingers backwards to graze the mat, bending her against her will and against her body's limitations. The arm being trapped, Asuka shaking her head side to side and kicking out, and nearing Shayna before she can leap up— NOPE. Baszler takes a vertical leap and then strikes down with the bottom of her boot and misshapes the elbow of Asuka as it horribly turns in itself, Asuka cries out and rolls around the ring frantically as if she is trying to put a fire on herself, out.

Tom Hannifan
All that talk about sending a message, it was foreshadowing the arm being nearly split in half at the hands of Shayna. This is bad, so bad in fact that this could put Asuka on the shelf.

Pat McAfee
This was a planned attack, do you know who this is Tom? Shayna will make people watch as she takes them for a fool. MIND YOU, she will spit on your grave and make you come up from the dirt and say thank you miss. This was no ordinary Shayna, this was a calculated, a cold as ice, calculated dismantler in the XWL Women’s Division. Ouch to Asuka and ouch to anyone who crosses her path.

Shayna puts both of her arms out wide, then transitions her fingers into a spade shape, The Ace is back and she is not playing any games, it’s a message being sent and it’s not in a bottle, it’s in the disfigured arm of Asuka who is still crying out, and Shayna taking a deep breath happy with her handiwork.  

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Bd2994db996fa695d1e5abcdf7b17d56f01aca23

A smirk appears on her face, menacingly feeling zero remorse for her actions, and her mouthpiece showing slightly, symbolizing this was strictly business and for her to get back on top. Sometimes you have to crack a few eggs, other times, you have to crack a few bones. The scene closes out with this image of Shayna being zoomed in on, and we cut to commercial break, in a deafening.. Silence.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 9:15 pm

Back from a commercial break, Sonya Deville and William Regal are seen in their office.

[William Regal]
Unfortunately I don’t think there’s really anything we can do about Alexa as she wasn’t technically under our management, that might have to be a matter better left for the police.

[Sonya Deville]
But what about Bayley? She put her hands on an XWL official interviewer, we can’t allow the superstars to think we tolerate that type of behaviour.

[William Regal]
You’re quite right. What Bayley did was unnecessary, inappropriate, and quite frankly disgustingly childish behaviour, it’s our responsibility to make sure that never happens again, so effective immediately, Bayley will be fined for a total of fifty thousand….,

Regal stops mid sentence, just as we were getting to the good part.

[William Regal]
Can we help you?

The camera pans over to show a young man.

[???]
Hey, I’m really sorry to interrupt you but I’m just a little bit confused, I was chilling out listening to music in my locker room, and I got a little bit hungry, so I went to grab a snack from the canteen, but when I came back, my locker was empty? I was just wondering if you knew what had happened? Maybe my locker was moved somewhere else or I guess it’s possible I got lost or something?

Regal and Sonya look to each other.

[Sonya Deville]
Do we know this guy?

[William Regal]
I was just asking myself the same question. I’ve been trying to place his face, but I can’t for the life of me think where I’ve seen him before.

….
[William Regal]
I apologise lad, but who are you?

The young man isn’t sure whether they’re joking around with him or not, but from the confused looks on their faces, it seems like they’re serious.

[???]
Uhm, I’m Austin, Austin Theory. I’ve spoken to you on the phone quite a few times, Mr. Regal, I was told to be here tonight, so here I am.

Austin smiles at Regal and Deville, who don’t look amused at all.

[Sonya Deville]
Well Austin, I’m sorry to break it to you, but we never actually allocated a locker for you, so we can’t help you with that issue, but seeing as you’re already in your gear, you can get ready for your match next, and while you’re out in the ring we’ll get someone to look for your stuff, sound good?

[Austin Theory]
Good? That sounds amazing, I’ve been so excited to get into that ring, who’s my match against?

[William Regal]
I believe it’s a man called Damian Priest.

[Austin Theory]
That’s so weird, the same name was on my locker…

Deville and Regal exchange a glance, waiting to see if the penny drops for Theory…

[Austin Theory]
Okay well, thanks for everything guys, keep an eye on my match, I’m sure you’ll be impressed.

Theory winks and turns to leave the room, the camera follows him out through the door, and as he walks away, the camera turns around and we see a industrial sized bin, crammed with custom made Theory merchandise, games console controllers, a pair of expensive looking headphones, and a phone with its screen smashed to bits.

…….

SINGLES MATCH

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 PQV347B XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 DBk5WeX

*10 mins in*

Priest is trying to get back to his feet, Theory’s brain working a hundred miles an hour, he spots his opportunity, and makes a sprint for the ropes, Priest is leaning across the table, but the crowd coming to life causes him to turn around, as Theory flings himself across the ropes, launching himself out of the ring and directly into Priest, sending both men into the announcers table. The referee’s count hits three before the two men manage to get back to their feet, Austin walks over to the barricade to pose for the fans, but Priest looks furious at Theorys antics, and spins him around, striking him with his fist, theory retaliates with his own, and they exchange blows outside.

The referee reaches the count of 3 and it doesn’t look like either man is interested in getting back into the ring. Priest and Theory going blow for a blow with the crowd “OOHing and AHH’ing”. Priest takes the crown of Theory’s head and drags him to the barricade and then changes course, throwing him to the announce table.

Tom Hannifan
Woah woah woah! These two are incensed on turning the heads of management and having the spotlight centered on them.

4!

Pat McAfee
Are we about to see a Japanese Table Break? ABSO-LUTE-LY not. Priest is PIIIIISSSED. Theory is about to get a beat dow-

5!

As soon as Pat goes to finish his remark, Theory levels Priest with a wicked elbow to the solar plexus. Priest eyes light up from this, and grinds his teeth as he furrows his brow. Theory jumps on the announce table trying to be more athletic of the two and escape the altercation with ease, until Priest grabs one of his ankles and then trips him up face first, causing commentary to scurry away with static of their headsets being dropped below. Theory grabbing his face and tapping it to make sure he’s okay. Both still ignoring the count of the referee.

6!

Priest steps up onto the table and hoists up Theory without much effort, shocking him and the XWL fans in attendance. Theory being lifted from obscurity seamlessly, now getting Priest’s hand wrapped around his throat and pulled to the air, and he evades it by falling besides Priest, nearly falling off the table from this. Priest flips his hair out of his eyes and Theory ducks down and pushes into Priest’s gut with all of his might, LIFTING HIM. This feat of strength is amazing, until Priest slides himself behind Theory, yelling out at him.

7!

“NOT TODAY, MEET YOUR MAKER” ..

8!]

Nobody knows what that means, however it doesn’t matter because Damian is grabbing the hair of Theory, shoving him underneath his arms, waving his one arm through, rotating them in a complete 360..

9!

Reminding you they are still on the table, or what’s left of it as it buckles on the sheer weight and impact of the two colliding with it. Theory and Priest simultaneously being laid out and the ref reaching the count of

10!

These two competitors rearranging furniture and the commentary team holding onto the chairs, moving them around the broken table, as we go to commercial break to get some order back in this place.

Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 12:08 am

Following a disappointing conclusion to the fatal four way spotlight match, Rhea Ripley is holding an ice pack to her head as she makes her way out of the trainer's room. "The Nightmare" seemingly more annoyed than anything as she grumbles to herself while stomping out into the corridor.

Sighing to herself, Rhea shakes her head as she tries to take her mind off the tough loss. Grabbing her bags, Rhea rolls them behind her as she makes her way towards the arena exit. However, as she enters the parking lot, she's suddenly struck in the back from behind by a steel chair!

Ripley crumbles onto her knees, using her hands to catch herself from hitting the asphalt. Unfortunately, however, she exposes her back for another crippling shot to the massive back of Ripley, this shot provided with enough force that the seat of the chair dents around the contours of Rhea's back!

The individual responsible is unfortunately obscured by black hooded coveralls, the hood over their head and a black facemask covering everything but their eyes, but the rage in their eyes is visible enough to know that whoever is assaulting Rhea like this simply has a mission to take her out. Another individual wearing the same black hooded coveralls and black facemask slowly struts into view, applauding this heinous attack.

The first individual continues to wear out the chair across Rhea's spine as the other individual simply stands back and watches, pure glee clear in her eyes as she watches her partner in crime work to injure Rhea. Having finally broken the chair over Rhea's back, the individual grabs Rhea by the hair, yanking her to her feet.

The lifeless Ripley fades in and out of consciousness as the individual screams in her face, words muffled by the cloth facemask over her face. However, their actions would soon speak louder than words. Grabbing Ripley by the hair, the masked assailant charges, sending Ripley's head straight through a car window, the glass shattering around Rhea's head as she's driven through it!

The second individual stands over Rhea's unconscious body, a breathy chuckle leaving their lips. Both of their backs are to the camera as the bystander of the two lifts a manicured hand up, helping remove the face mask off the other obscured individual. Tattoos are seen on their hand for a brief glimpse, but the reveal of the person who just assaulted Rhea Ripley and left her a now bloody mess in the Moody Center parking lot is far more shocking than hand tattoos.

As the facemask falls to the ground, the assailant pushes the hood of their coveralls back, revealing messy, stringy locks, showcasing that whoever had just beaten Rhea to a pulp was clearly unraveling. The camera tentatively pans around, revealing the identity of Rhea Ripley's assailant:

Becky Lynch slowly drops down to a knee, an unhinged look in her eyes. Breathing heavily as a result of the effort put into beating down "The Nightmare" as she tries to compose herself. As she's glaring a hole through the woman she'd just beaten to a pulp with a chair before tossing into a car window, the still-masked individual places a hand on her shoulder.

[BECKY LYNCH]

The usually warm, cocky, mouthy Becky Lynch is unnervingly cold, callous and most shocking of all: completely silent. Moving to stand back up, the other individual hands Becky a pair of large designer sunglasses, which Becky puts over her eyes before pushing off the coveralls, unveiling a relatively gaudy shimmering silver and white outfit resembling a disco ball. quickly ushers Becky into the backseat of a waiting black Escalade, the other person getting in the driver's seat before the pair speed off just as medical personnel and backstage officials rush onto the scene, checking the gash on Rhea's forehead as XWL fades to a commercial.
Back to top Go down
Pringle1996
New Talent

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 12:02 pm

Camera cuts to the ring as the next segment is about to begin. Music plays through the arena which receives a mixed reaction off boos and cheers from the crowd.

Pat Macafee: And there he is, the head of the table, the tribal chief, the man that allows us to earn a living off his back, Roman Reigns.

Tom Hanifan: Oh please Pat stop it, Roman Reigns is a top star here no doubt but he does not rule the place like he thinks.

Roman is making his slow walk down to the ring, staring into the crowd as he walks down with a huge grin on his face.

Pat Macafee: Look at romans face it’s beaming with happiness and so it should be after the ppv. Roman reigns promised Kenny Omega that if he stepped up and kept coming at Roman he would put him down and Roman did exactly that. Infact Omega received such a beating that he’s now out of action and we many never see him again in XWL after the beating he sustained from our Tribal Chief.

Roman is now in the ring and asks for a microphone as he begins to speak.

Roman Reigns: Austin Texas, Acknowledge me!

Crowd replies with mixed cheers and boos to the statement as Roman produces a smile

Roman Reigns: You see I told you what happens when you mess with the tribal chief didn’t I ? I warned you Kenny don’t mess with me but you just couldn’t resist for whatever reason could you ? I told you I didn’t want to do it, I didn’t want to take food of your family’s table, I didn’t want to have to teach you the lesson over and over again but you just wouldn’t learn would you and know look at what has happened. I smashed you, I destroyed you in the middle of that ring and now you are gone. Now you are sitting at home watching XWL right now, watching me your tribal chief and just thinking why didn’t I acknowledge him? Why   did I not just learn my lesson?

Roman Reigns: Now kenny you are sitting at home looking at your 4 walls and wondering how you are going to pay for it all. Well kenny once you have learnt your lesson and acknowledge me than maybe the tribal chief can help you out.

Roman than gets a huge smile on his face as his looks down the camera.

Roman Reigns: Now that’s out of the way it’s time to get down to businesses and it’s really simple I am here for one reason and that’s to reclaim what is rightfully mine. It is time for your tribal chief to reclaim his world heavyweight title so Bobby, yes that’s right I am calling you Bobby thanks for keeping it warm for me so it’s time to hand it over so the gold can be wrapped around your tribal chiefs waist and there’s not a damn person on this roster who can stop me. So let’s just cancel the main event and send the big green fruity pebble home and instead let’s have Bobby roode give me title.

Crowd cheers as the Celtic warrior appears on that entrance way as Roman Reigns looks on not so pleased.

Tom Hanifan: I think Roman may have found someone in the roster who’s taken exception to his comments. The Celtic warrior Sheamus !

Pat Macafee: Now now Tom don’t get ahead of yourself Sheamus could be out here to acknowledge our tribal chief. I mean it’s the sensible thing to do after all.

Sheamus makes his way down the ram way and into the ring and he is just about to talk when Roman interrupts him.

Roman Reigns: Now Sheamus I’m glad you are out here to obviously acknowledge me as your new world heavyweight champion so go ahead acknowledge me.

Roman stands back with his arms out as the crowd give a mix off cheers and boos.

Sheamus: That’s right I have come to acknowledge you.

Pat Macafee: See Tom Sheamus knows what’s good for him.

Sheamus: I have come to acknowledge that you have well and truly lost your marbles.

Crowd cheers as Romans smile turns to an angry face.

Sheamus: I mean have you taken to many bumps to that big Samoan head of yours? Calling yourself the tribal chief? Demanding the world title be given to you? Fella I think you need a reality check and that check comes in the form of the Celtic warrior Sheamus.

Crowd cheers at Sheamus remarks as Roman stands there not impressed.

Sheamus: And with that being said before I came out here I had a word with our new authority figure William Regal and I suggested that I come out here and that he sends a referee out here so I can kick your ass all over this arena.

Crowd cheers again as Roman looks on irate at Sheamus. All off a sudden a referee comes running down the ramp way and into the ring. He checks over both competitors and rings the bell.

SINGLES MATCH

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 ERxGcZ7 XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 0bbTcHh

Sheamus starts celebrating as Roman sits up after receiving a brogue kick out off nowhere. Roman gathers himself and looks furious. He sees Sheamus standing up on the ring ropes celebrating with the crowd and runs over and attacks him from behind. Roman starts to throw punch after punch on Sheamus in the corner. Roman then backs up and runs and Sheamus looking for a splash. Sheamus blocks with an elbow which backs Roman up. Sheamus then starts to throw punches at Roman. Both men start delivering blows to each other with no man looking to back down. Security and referees coming running down to the ring and have to pull both men apart. The camera cuts to the next segment as both men are seeing shouting at each other.

Back to top Go down
LazyEye513
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 10:09 pm

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Gpj8Gxv XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 NUyTiNs XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 PElj5dr

After a hard long match all three men are beyond winded. In the ring Zayn and Rollins are exchanging slow, sloppy punches. The crowd 'Ooooooo' and 'Aye!'  with every strike the two exchange. Unbeknown to them AJ, who was recovering on the outside, has slowly made his way onto the apron. The crowd's cheers rise as AJ tries to gather himself and measures his two targets. He can only truly strike one after all so he has to be careful who he chooses. Finally making up his mind AJ leaps off the top rope, pulling his elbow back ready to deliver the knockout blow to one of the unsuspecting men.

Except someone was paying attention. Rollins had saw AJ climbing onto the apron and was prepared. As AJ is soaring through the air, Rollins pulls Zayn forward by the arm after catching one of his punches. That sudden yank by Rollins pulls Sami Zayn into the path of AJ. AJ completely clobbers Zayn with his Phenomenal Forearm. AJ quickly gets up to go for the pin but as he's scrambling to his feet Rollin's boot stomps his head viciously into the mat.

Rollins seeing his opportunity quickly covers AJ Styles!

1!

2!

3!

The crowd boo's at AJ's elimination but before anyone can really take it in Rollins is covering Zayn!

1!

2!

3!

Rollins shocks both Sami Zayn and AJ Styles as he eliminates both in strong fashion. Zayn and AJ are attended to while Rollins makes his way to his feet and has his arm raised high in victory. Seth Rollins has sent a message to both these men, and maybe all of XWL

Back to top Go down
Slothio
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 1:39 pm

[???]
Spotlight.

As Octane returns from a commercial break, we hear a female voice utter the single word before we even fully see where we are. Where we are is a dimly lit area backstage, seemingly set up fairly makeshift. A figure sits atop a crate with a red light beaming down on her, and based solely on the voice and the hair that the audience can make out, there’s no question the person in front of us is the woman who failed to capture the Women’s Championship, Sarah Logan. As she slowly looks up to face the camera, that notion is confirmed. The look on her face is hard to read, and would be even if it wasn’t for the lack of proper lighting. Considering what she’s been through lately though, who can even tell what she should be feeling? From being declared the #1 contender to the title, to having to wait months at home for the shot, to having her match interrupted by the current champion, to having to endure so much during the triple  threat, only to come up short at the end of all of it. To say she looks pleased would certainly be incorrect, yet she doesn’t necessarily look as disappointed or distraught as one might expect her to.

[Sarah Logan]
It’s something I’ve never really been near. Whether it be my family, Ruby, or hell even COVID, Sarah Logan has never been one that the spotlight was a fan of.

[Sarah Logan]
But that was finally all going to change. I was finally going to have my time in the spotlight. It was my moment to prove myself and make myself proud of what I’ve accomplished, by taking down one of the most dominant women in this company and becoming champion at the same time.

Sarah Logan lets out a devious smirk.

[Sarah Logan]
But it would seem that the powers of fate had other plans. All of a sudden a little wrench in the plan by the name of Alexa Bliss entered the picture, and twisted things to a way neither me nor Sasha Banks could predict.

[Sarah Logan]
And now here we are. What was supposed to be my moment in the spotlight has become Alexa’s, with her standing tall as champion. With her targeting Ruby, the very woman I swore I would take down. With her in the spotlight.

[Sarah Logan]
And as I look around at these “Women’s Division Spotlight” matches going on tonight, I can’t help but notice a lack of me in any of them. No, clearly I’ve been passed over. Clearly my chance is gone, my opportunity fading.

Sarah stands up off of the crate and makes her way to the camera placed in front of her, kneeling down so her face takes up the entire screen.

[Sarah Logan]
But here’s the thing. Warriors like me? We don’t need a spotlight. We’re just as dangerous without them. And I think some people are going to find out soon enough just how dangerous that is.

With those ominous final words, Sarah stands up and makes her way out of frame, leaving only the lingering red-tinted shot as Octane continues.
Back to top Go down
Slothio
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 4:05 pm

As Octane continues, we’re brought backstage to the office of William Regal and Sonya Deville. Deville is in the middle of what appears to be an important phone call while Regal is focused intently on writing something down. They are quickly interrupted however by…

[Kevin Owens]
What the hell?

One half of the XWL tag team champions Kevin Owens bursts through the door, followed by the other half Samoa Joe. Owens has a partially eaten apple in his hand, and spits some of its seeds out of his mouth into the trash can in the angriest way you can spit apple seeds. Both Deville and Regal are clearly taken aback.

[Sonya Deville]
I’m gonna have to call you back.

[William Regal]
Can I help you two gentlemen?

[Kevin Owens]
Yeah, you can and you should because that’s your freaking job! We aren’t even in the show, are you kidding me? We’re the tag team champions! You hear me? Champions. I can’t believe this, I can’t!

Owens begins to start kicking over some of the furniture in the office, only for Joe to almost immediately step in and grab him in an attempt to calm him down.

[Samoa Joe]
Relax Kevin, relax.

[Samoa Joe]
I think what my partner here is trying to say is that, as the tag team champions, we feel a certain level of disrespect given to us and these titles when we’re not even mentioned anywhere on this card, and neither is the division we are champions of itself. I mean, do the two of you even have any possible challengers lined up for our titles?

As Joe asks the question, Regal sighs while Deville simply looks down at her feet.

[William Regal]
Look gentlemen, I must be honest, as of right now we are a little short on the tag team side of things, it wasn’t a problem me or Ms. Deville here really anticipated when we took control of Octane, and it’s one we’ve been trying to fix. But as you can tell if you’ve been watching tonight, we do have a few more pressing matters to attend to, so if you could please our office for now, we will have opponents and challengers for you in the future.

Upon hearing Regal’s response, Joe simply smirks and turns to face his partner.

[Samoa Joe]
You see this Kevin? Clearly the conspiracy against the two of us continues even with new management.

[Kevin Owens]
God damn it I knew this would happen! Let’s get the hell out of here! Can’t catch a break with any of these snakes running the show!

Both Owens and Joe leave the office in a hurry, Owens making a point to kick over the same trash can he spit his apple seeds into. The last thing we see as Octane rolls on is Regal and Deville, both clearly still processing what just occurred.

Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 4:29 pm

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 B6GDfE8

SPOILERS AHEAD

[Pat McAfee]
WE'VE GOT A NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!

The ENTIRE arena erupts with glee as JOHN CENA HAS BECOME THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!! Well, the entire arena except for one man, Robert Roode who looks not only beside himself...but downright furious. He had shifted the momentum of the pin but unfortunately for him, it was a second too late because the referee counted the three and unfortunately his longest reign of a World Heavyweight Champion in XWL history...has just come to an end at the hands of the returning John Cena!

[Tom Hanifan]
Robert Roode's Open Challenge has ONCE AGAIN resulted in a NEW CHAMPION

[Pat McAfee]
Credit to our FORMER Champ for boldly trying to go and do what he couldn't before but unfortunately for him history has a funny sense of humor.

[Tom Hanifan]
He looks absolutely distraught as the referee retrieves what was HIS title to hand to it's NEW holder!

[Pat McAfee]
XWL has a NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPEEN and his name IS.....JOHN CENA!

Roode is practically foaming at the mouth he's so angry as his fists pound the mat snarling at the sight of HIS title being handed over to John Cena and watching his hand raised as he celebrates with HIS title!

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Wm-25-1617224739

It's been quite some time since John Cena stood in an XWL ring, but tonight was his return and what a return it has become...he accepted Roode's Open Challenge, and here in The Main-Event he's emerged victorious THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!! But as he smiles from ear to ear, proud of himself...hearing the cheers of the audience that was DYING for someone to bring Roode's reign to an end...suddenly his celebration is disrupted by Roode shoving past the official and snatching The World Title out of John's hands. "THIS IS MINE!" he exclaims to which the referee tries to inform him he counted three to which Roode shakes his head defiantly. "JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE INCOMPETENT DOESN'T MEAN I WAS PINNED! THEY ALL SAW IT, I SHIFTED MY SHOULDERS OFF THE MAT, THIS IS STILL MY TITLE!" Cena without hesitation snatches the title BACK into his hands and has a retort of his own to the bitter FORMER champ. "Hold on there, son this is MINE now, THE CHAMP IS HERE!"

[Pat McAfee]
Uh-oh, Roode is FURIOUS, Tom!

[Tom Hanifan]
I mean as much as I don't like how he carries himself he does have a bit of a point, I thought his shoulders came up before the referee's hand hit the mat...but unfortunately, in cases like this, the referee's decision is final.

[Pat McAfee]
Don't we have an instant replay? It's 2022, surely this can be resolved with a simple review of the footage?

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF MY TITLE, JOHN! YOU DIDN'T BEAT ME! NO ONE CAN BEAT ME! I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT THAT REFEREE SAYS HAPPENED, I GOT MY SHOULDERS UP!" He angrily shoves Cena trying to snatch his title back but it just leads to both of them having a hand on the title, clearly at odds over WHO it rightfully belongs to. But the referee keeps telling Roode it no longer belongs to him which only agitates him further. "NO NO NO, I'M NOT BEING SCREWED OUT OF THIS, GO TO THE REPLAY!"  Roode's clearly a ball of emotions, anger, disappointment, and rage and he will NOT be satisfied until the world sees like always HE is right and THEY are wrong.

[Tom Hanifan]
Controversy here at the conclusion of tonight's show...but as we said the referee's decision whether right or wrong perhaps...is final and...well hold on, I'm getting word that we are getting a replay. Let's go now to the final seconds which saw Roode kickout of The AA, kickout of a follow-up pin, VERY close to three before Cena would go for the inside cradle.

The referee touches his ear, likely getting the same message Tom just did then tries to get the two competitors' attention as he points to the stage.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Roodereplays

[Pat McAfee]
Talk about a closecall...

[Tom Hanifan]
It looks to me like Roode's shoulder just BARELY made it up in time...

[Pat McAfee]
Well, then shouldn't he still be Champ? Is a referee's bum call, no matter how close it was REALLY going to be the way that historic reign comes to an end?

The footage adds fuel to Roode's fire as he shouts "SEE! NOW GIVE ME BACK MY TITLE!" some audience members seem split in their reactions, on one hand...Roode lost WOO HOO FINALLY...but on the other...he didn't really? Do we root for someone to be screwed out of something? Does that make us any better than them? Before anything further can happen suddenly William Regal and Sonya Deville can be seen making their way down the ramp and just as quickly enter the ring to approach the official each armed with a microphone.

[Sonya Deville]
Gentlemen please, can we get some order here?

"YOU'LL GET ORDER WHEN MY TITLE IS RETURNED!" Roode anrgily screams.

[William Regal]
This is never a situation anyone wants to find themselves in, you two were having a tremendous match and...you hate to see something sully that. We've all seen the replay, and John...it pains me to say this, Roode's right. That victory cannot stand...not like that.

Despite the audience's respect for Regal, his message receives boos, because quite frankly some fans don't care if he is right, they hate Roode so hey who cares?

[Sonya Deville]
Before we took on the responsibility of our new roles, the new owner of XWL made us take an oath...to always do the right thing, no matter who it affects. To steer clear of controversy because if you don't have the respect of your talent, you have nothing. Now while this is a difficult decision to have to make...if the roles were reversed I'm sure a lot of people would be advocating for Cena's reign to be restored and Roode's victory to be stricken from the records.

[William Regal]
This is why we must void the outcome of this match and order that it be IMMEDIATELY restarted. This is our big Main-Event and it deserves a TRUE finish!

With that they start to exit the ring as Cena is looking at both of them with a mixture of emotions himself. He does have respect for this title, and what it stands for, and he'd never want his victory to be tainted...but the disappointment in hearing it's not officially his yet... stings. With a sigh, he looks at the title that had fallen fully in his hands in the midst of their speech then turns to hand it to the official but before he can he suddenly struck from behind by a VENGEFUL Roode!

[Pat McAfee]
Roode took them quite literal when they said IMMEDIATELY!

[Tom Hanifan]
He's already almost lost his title once tonight, he's taking no chances.

He glares at the official and shouts "RING THE BELL!" to which he reluctantly calls for and that's when Roode kneels down at Cena's face and shouts "YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD SCREW ME HUH, BOYSCOUT? THIS IS MY COMPANY, AND YOU'RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT WHY I'M SO GOD DAMN GLORIOUS!" With that he scoops Cena's head into a headlock then throws his arm out arrogantly...only to be immediately lifted off his head, thrust onto John's shoulders, and dropped with a SWIFT AA!! The audience lets out a MASSIVE roar with glee...but Cena shakes his head and says he's not finished. No, he's seen this ending before and he knows last time he adjusted Roode's attitude he somehow kicked out, so he's not taking any chances. He grabs him by the wrist then drags him over to the corner, pulls him off the mat then throws him onto his shoulders carrying him as his arms and legs just dangle.

[Pat McAfee]
Big match John looking for a BIG finish to this match!

[Tom Hanifan]
Clearly, he's making sure there's nothing for Roode to cling to this time because if he can hit what I think he's about to attempt? He'll be down for much longer than a three count!

The Leader of The Cenation begins to step backward onto the bottom rope, steadying himself as he supports the entire deadweight of The Glorius One. The crowd is CLAMOURING for it, they can't wait to see Roode suffer a SUPER ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT and as Cena ascends to the second rope he is officially seconds away from doing just that. You have to believe that holding The World Title in his hands, and celebrating with it for just a moment lit a fire even bigger within him and he is determined to make that an actual reality.

He tightens his grip then prepares to launch them BOTH off the second buckle but before he can he's met by the rapid-fire elbows raining down on the top of his skull from a revived Roode. But he didn't wait this long to come back only to let it slip out of his grasp, or allow Roode to slip out of his. He shakes his head, fighting the blows when suddenly The Glorious Bastard that Roode is uses his other hand out of the view of the referee and most in attendance...to dig whatever nails he has into the back of Cena just enough to catch him off guard, and that was all he needed. As he winced as ANYONE would when having your back clawed to the point blood might have been drawn Roode rocks him with an elbow right to the base of his skull, and he slumps down perhaps on the verge of unconsciousness. Roode's feet land on the second rope, his head looks back...then he gets an idea that he immediately puts to action. He locks Cena's head in a tight lock, grabs him by his belt, then LEAPS off the second rope taking Cena with him and SPIKING his skull on the canvas with a SUPER GLORIOUS DDT!!  

[Pat McAfee]
THAT WAS NUTS!!

[Tom Hanifan]
John Cena is OUT!

[Pat McAfee]
Nobody is home after a SPIKE like that, and I don't think he's going to be taking The World Heavyweight Championship home!

Instantly he hooks both legs as the bottoms of his boots excitedly kick the mat

3!!!!!!!!

The Moody Center in Austin Texas is MOODY with good reason because what started as an incredible feeling of joy at Roode losing his title, quickly shifted when the match was restarted due to referee error...and now, the son of a bitch HAS RETAINED! Roode scurries to where his title had fallen just before it was restarted and he scoops it into his hands, taking refuge in the corner to stare at it's GLORIOUS beauty.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Normal-a7976

[Pat McAfee]
Talk about a ROLLER COASTER RIDE FOR WHICH THERE MANY UPS AND DOWNS BUT IN THE END...ROODE IS STILL CHAMPION!

[Tom Hanifan]
Much to the chagrin of this Texas crowd, and likely many of the XWL Universe at home...but ultimately he wasn't pinned for a three count, and thus the result could not stand.

[Pat McAfee]
Meanwhile, he clearly couldn't stand the time he was away from his title because he looks like a man that's just been reunited with his best friend!

The crowd's boos do not distract Roode from his victory, he is STILL Champion, his RECORD remains intact, and he officially extends it as he prepares to leave tonight with the very thing in his hands. He's so happy he plants a big kiss right onto The World Heavyweight Championship a sight that none of us really want to see but unfortunately are subjected to because of the result of this match.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Normal-a7979

The official points to Roode signifying he is indeed the victor as he tends to Cena who hasn't moved since his skull was drilled into the canvas from the second rope. A bad landing and an even worse outcome for Cena as he was so close to being Champion but instead he's left here to lie and regroup once he regains consciousness about where he goes from here. Roode rolls under the bottom rope and proceeds to take his celebration up the ramp, as he passes the angry faces of The XWL Universe and proudly rubs his title in their faces, well a few inches from their faces because he's not tryna catch a fine. His return over 500 days ago began with his disdain for the fans, fueled by that disdain ready to make them see he NEVER needed them and while much time has passed since then his anger toward them has no faded for even a little bit. But you could say the feeling is mutual judging by the reaction he's been getting ever since that night. However, this night was truly the feather in his cap because it all began with an Open Challenge...the match that nearly destroyed his career, and now here is VICTORIOUS in an Open Challenge proving once and for all that it was their fault, it happened not his...at least in his mind anyway. He eventually reaches the top of the ramp and turns to the crowd as he continues to berate them.  

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Normal-a8146

"LOOK AT IT, LOSERS! ALL OF YOU LOOK AT IT! I AM THE GREATEST SUPERSTAR TO EVER CARRY THIS TITLE AND NONE OF IT IS BECAUSE OF YOU!! THIS IS MINE, NOT HIS, NOT YOURS, NOT ANYONE ELSE'S IT IS MINE!!! AND IT WILL BE MINE FOREVER!"

[Pat McAfee]
Robert Roode ever the humble Champion that he is...

[Tom Hanifan]
What he lacks in humility he does make up for in talent, he started tonight's show off spouting his numbers and accomplishments and you know as much as The XWL Universe may not like him he's been the most consistent Superstar for over 500 days.

[Pat McAfee]
Consistency breeds Champions and we're looking at a thoroughbred. As ruthless as they come, fueled by hatred and determination, for anyone that wants to step up to The Champ? He's right there, good luck!

[Tom Hanifan]
We saw a lot of Superstars have standout moments tonight, and I could see a number of them being his challenger, the real question is will their fate be the same as the other Superstars that challenged Roode?

The Golden & Glorious Robert Roode raises his title high at the top of the stage as the boos just continue to rein down upon him, but their reaction means NOTHING to him. He has no friends, he betrayed the ones that revived his career, all because of the very thing hoisted up into the air right now. The World Heavyweight Championship is his very livelihood, it is why he continues to rise to the occasion, and while some might hope his days are numbered...considering he's about to head into day 317 of his reign? The end may not be as near as they'd all like it to be.

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Normal-a8158

[Pat McAfee]
In the words of the man he beat to begin this GLORIOUS reign...you have no choice right now but to BASK IN HIS GLORY!

[Tom Hanifan]
Tonight has truly been incredible, lots of returns, lots of very impactful messages delivered, and we've capped it off with an unbelievable match for The World Heavyweight Championship...albeit with a blown call by the referee sparking controversy. But in the end, Robert Roode retains, and we look to our next show and what it has to offer. From my colleague Pat McAfee and I, good night everyone and we'll see you next week!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22    XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Octane: 5/4/22 — 5/18/22
Page 1 of 1