Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22

Go down 
+2
Dash
Zack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Empty
PostSubject: XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22   XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2022 5:25 pm

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Pinkoctane

Live From:
University Arena in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Arena For Matches:
NXT 2.0

Deadline:
4:30 PM EST / 1:30 PM PST / 9:30 PM GMT

SINGLES MATCH

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 V9Juz39XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 DqCsdFq

TAG TEAM MATCH
WHO IS R-TRUTH’S PARTNER?

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 LuUaEDg
XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 6ClAbgAXWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 XAXYRUm

SINGLES MATCH

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 XWLPink-CarmellaXWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 XWLPink-Asuka

SINGLES MATCH

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 BOP30f4XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 R5pBwTI

SINGLES MATCH

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 KtHmVSgXWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 CfGwb60

NON-TITLE MATCH
STRANGE BEDFELLOWS TAG TEAM MATCH

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 0bbTcHhXWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 ERxGcZ7
XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 XWLGold-JoeXWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 XWLGold-KO

TAG TEAM MATCH
RAZOR CLASSIC SPOTLIGHT

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 YGocUT5XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Gpj8Gxv
XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 PElj5drXWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 8re6CXn

PAIGE’S “BIG TIME” APPRECIATION PARTY FOR BECKY LYNCH

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 W9WqVcZXWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 XWLGold-Becky

MAIN EVENT

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 LvoIdvH

Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22   XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2022 12:39 pm

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 VBT4KJZ

[Tom Hannifan]
Good evening everybody and welcome to another edition of XWL Octane. I’m Tom Hannifan and this is my broadcast partner, Pat Mcaffe.

[Pat Mcaffe]
And what a stacked card we have for you guys tonight. After a huge night last week at High Octane, we’ve got plenty to celebrate.

[Tom Hannifan]
That’s right Pat, Sami Zayn and Bayley have both earned the right to fight for the highest championship of their division, Zayn even took it upon himself to steal the champions title.

[Pat Mcaffe]
We also crowned a brand new interim North American Champion in Becky Lynch, and we’ll hear from them later tonight when Paige throws a “Big Time Appreciation Celebration Party” for her client.

[Tom Hannifan]
Of course there’s no forgetting the huge announcement made by Sonya Deville, the Razor Classic, pitting eight of XWL’s finest with the opportunity to become the Intercontinetal Champion.

[Pat Mcaffe]
Speaking of, we’ll get to see four of those men competing tonight in a Razor Classic spotlight match as Finn Balor and AJ Styles take on the team of Seth Rollins and Karrion Kross.

[Tom Hannifan]
Claudio has his hands full as he takes on XWL’s resident giant Omos, and Drew Mcintyre will go one on one with the legendary, The Undertaker!

[Pat Mcaffe]
Six of the eight contenders showcased tonight, all facing a tough challenge ahead. Originally we had planned to showcase all eight, but unfortunately that won’t be possible.

[Tom Hannifan]
As you all know, last week, five of XWL’s top male superstars competed in an elimination battle royal for the right to face our World Heavyweight Champion, Robert Roode at our official return PPV show, Resurgence.

[Pat Mcaffe]
It was an incredible match, we saw a lot of action, all five men proved themselves worthy of being considered as a contender to the crown jewel of XWL, but ultimately after a hard fought victory, Sami Zayn reigned victorious.

[Tom Hannifan]
It was a historic night for everyone involved, but unfortunately, the night didn’t end on a high note for all of the men, take a look at this footage, this occurred after the show had gone off the air, fair warning, this isn’t easy to watch.

-----------------------------------------------
The titantron lights up, we travel back to last Wednesday night, XWL’s contender cup. Sami Zayn has absconded with Robert Roode’s title, and the show has come to an end. The camera shows the figure of a man walking down a hallway with his suitcase, it isn’t exactly clear who he is, but he must have been one of the last to leave as there doesn’t appear to be anyone else around. Once he reaches the end of the hall, he turns a corner and carries on walking, before opening a door, which heads to the parking lot of the arena.

A new view of the scene shows us the man pulling his case along the ground, there aren’t many cars left, so it doesn’t take him long to find his. He pulls his keys out of his trouser pocket and points towards his car, pressing a button that causes the boot of his car to open. As the camera approaches closer to him, we can still only see him from behind as he lifts his case into the trunk of his car, but it appears to be one of the five men who fought in the main event, the youngest of the five, Austin Theory.

Theory leans over to his case and unzips one of the pockets, removing a pair of headphones from inside, he places them into his own pocket. He moves to close his boot, and just as he does that, someone rushes up behind him and slams his head full force against the trunk, causing him to drop the keys and fall down to one knee. He attempts to prevent himself from falling to the ground by grabbing the bottom of his car’s trunk.

His eyes almost glazed over from the blow to his head, he tries to pull himself back up to his feet, but his assailant is still behind him, and it doesn’t seem like he’s finished, because as soon as Theory starts to pull himself back up, his attacker launches himself at his back, and wraps his arms around his throat. Theory struggles, holding onto the boot with one hand, he tries to fend off his attacker with his other hand, but it’s no use, with the air being literally choked out of him, he doesn’t have the strength to fight back. Losing his grip on the trunk, he slumps down to the ground, the attacker still firmly attached, tightening his hold as his victim’s eyes begin to roll into the back of his head. Theory’s completely lost consciousness, and after a few seconds, they finally let their grip go.

The camera gets its first good look at the aggressor as he stands up, but unfortunately for Theory, he’s wearing a black hood, all we can see is his eyes. But it’s not over yet, as he leans down and placing his arms underneath Theory’s, he lifts his dead weight up off the floor and into the trunk of his car. Once Theory’s body is fully inside, the attacker slams the door shut, and whilst looking straight into the camera, he picks up the keys that Theory previously dropped, and chucks them as far away as he can, before walking away from the scene, leaving the unconscious Theory in the trunk of his own car.

--------------------------------------

[Tom Hannifan]
It was a vicious assault, but luckily one of the crew members who hadn’t left saw the footage, and was able to Rescue Austin Theory, he was taken to the local hospital and thankfully he was given a clear bill of health.

[Pat Mcaffe]
Despite that though, after an extensive routine check up with our medical staff here at XWL, it was ruled that he would be unable to compete here tonight, but he is here in the building, and both Sonya Deville and William Regal have agreed that he deserves the opportunity to speak on this incident, so we’ll be hearing from the man himself, right now.

Theory’s theatrics are absent tonight as he walks down the ramp, clearly not fully himself, but he makes the time to share an exchange with some of the younger fans in the crowd before making his way to the ring, climbing the stairs and entering the ring. There’s a woman already stood in the middle of the ring, a microphone in her hand. She waits for his music to quiet down before speaking.

[XWL Interviewer]
Austin, I just want you to know how glad we all are that you’re here tonight. After the vicious assault you experienced last week, no one would have blamed you if you’d taken the week off.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 V0Q6C9U

[Austin Theory]
I appreciate the thought, it’s not an experience I’d like to relive anytime soon, I’m just really lucky the boot of my car is so comfortable.

Theory stifles a laugh, clearly trying to lighten the mood a bit after the video we’ve all just watched.

[Austin Theory]
But as for being here tonight, there’s just no way I couldn’t be. I might not be cleared to compete tonight, but last week wasn’t just a championship opportunity for me, it was the most important moment in my entire career. Sharing the ring with four legends in this business, showing everyone, including those four men, that I have what it takes to compete with them, scoring the first elimination by pinning Seth Rollins, taking one hell of a claymore kick to the face and being eliminated by Drew Mcintyre, all of those moments will live on forever in my head. But what happened after? When Dominick Mysterio, or whoever it was that attacked me did what they did? In a couple of weeks, that will just be a blip in my past.

The audience cheer in approval of Theory’s views.

[XWL Interviewer]
So you believe it was Dominick Mysterio who attacked you last week?

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 UIc5dIz

[Austin Theory]
I have no idea who attacked me, but he's got form. Whether it was Dominick or someone else, whoever it was only proved one thing, their cowardice. It doesn’t matter what they throw at me, I’m not scared of a fight, I’ve shown that every week. From my first ever match when I drove myself and Damian Priest through the announcers table, to the time I was knocked unconscious by a dodgy ring rope. I am still standing, I will always stay standing and nothing can change that.

THEORY THEORY THEORY

[XWL Interviewer]
If he was here right now, what would you say to him?

[Austin Theory]
What would I say to him? If he was here right now, standing right here in front of me? I’d probably knock his teeth down his throat!

Everyone in attendance here tonight seems to be in agreement.

[Austin Theory]
But since he isn’t here, I’ll just say this. Whoever you are, wherever you are, come at me when my back isn’t turned, and I won’t be the one spending the night in a hospital bed…. But until that day, I’m not going to waste my time thinking about you, or what you did to me, because unlike you, I have more important things to focus on.

[XWL Interviewer]
You mean the Razor classic right?

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Qcg3sCR

[Austin Theory]
I’ve always wanted to meet the man behind the name, Razor Ramon, Scott Hall, he had such an influence on my life, one of my grandfather’s favourite wrestlers, if it wasn’t for him and Kevin Nash, my grandfather may never have forced me to sit down and watch the show, and I might never have opened my eyes to this incredible way of life. Unfortunately, I’ll never get the opportunity to meet the bad guy now, but I do have the opportunity to honour him, so I’m going to give it all of my focus, win or lose, I’m bringing everything I have to the classic.

[XWL Interviewer]
I’m sure the opportunity to earn the vacant Intercontinental Championship is a big motivation too though right?

[Austin Theory]
Of course, I’m not going to stand here and say that I don’t want to be the champion, that’s what we’re all here for, we all want to hold the gold. But I’m still young, I know I’m lucky to have had the opportunities that I have so early in my career, but I plan to be here for at least another decade, hopefully longer, so I have no doubt that opportunity will knock again. Yes, I want to be the intercontinental champion, but this classic isn’t about me, it isn’t about the seven other men I’ll be competing against, it’s about one of the greatest legends in this business, the bad guy, Scott Hall.

With that, Theory runs over to the corner and jumps up onto the top turnbuckle, reaching out his arm to the sky, his fingers posed in Scott’s signature “Two sweet” as a sign of respect to the legend.

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22   XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2022 1:58 pm

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 5L57ZY9

An image of Bayley has taken up the titantron, to a mixed reaction from the crowd, XWL crew are hard at work setting up the ring for the first ever edition of Bayley’s brand new talk show, DING DONG, HELLO!

[Pat Mcaffe]
Finally! The moment we’ve all been waiting for, I am so excited for this Tom, I wonder who the guest will be?

[Tom Hannifan]
It’s Bayley Pat, I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s her own guest. But with how the contenders cup went last night, you have to assume that her guest must be the Women’s Champion.

[Pat Mcaffe]
Alexa Bliss? I don’t know Tom, would Bayley really trust someone as messed up as her with her brand new show?

[Tom Hannifan]
Well, whoever it is, we’ll find out after the commercial break.

……………………. BREAK …………………………….

[Tom Hannifan]
Good evening everybody and welcome back to Octane, now the ring might look a little strange to you, that’s because we’re about to watch the first ever edtion of Ding Dong Hello, Bayley’s new TV Talk Show.

[Pat Mcaffe]
That’s right Tom, this is going to be so awesome, I don’t care who her guest is.

There’s a lively theme playing as they hype up the entrance of the host, the cameras move around the set, before focusing in on the door in the center of the ring, and all of a sudden it bursts open.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 5YLbwBn

[Tom Hannifan]
I’ve gotta give it to her, she definitely looks the part.

[Pat Mcaffe]
She’s the new Ellen, Tom, of course she looks the part.

The audience are still mixed in their reactions, but it doesn’t bother Bayley, she’s basking in her own glory right now.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 HrQd0bt

[THE #1 TALK SHOW HOST - - -  Bayley]
Man I am so excited, I don’t think I’ve ever been this happy, I mean just look at this place.

Bayley slowly rotates in a full circle, admiring the set of her show, her smile permanently pasted to her face.

When XWL asked me to be the host of their newest talk show, I have to be honest, I wasn’t surprised, but why would I be? There’s no one better suited for it, I’m the most charismatic woman on the roster, I’m the most intelligent woman on the roster, the most talented, the list just goes on and on, so who can blame them for asking me right? Yeah, I wasn’t surprised, but I was thrilled! See, when I was a kid I had two dreams, my first was to become a wrestler, my second was to host my own show, so now I’m literally living both of my dreams, whilst you guys won’t ever get to live out one, hahahaha!

The crowd throws back at her as she cackles in the ring.

Since this is a new show, I’m gonna go over what we do here, I’ll go really slowly so that even Shayna Baszlr can understand me. The host of the show, that’s me by the way, chooses a member of the XWL roster, for reasons predetermined, but they will be explained on the show. Now, not just anyone can be a guest, for example, someone as dull as Sonya Deville would have no hope being my guest, they have to have charisma, they have to be relevant, and most importantly, they’ve gotta be worth my time. So, once the lucky superstar has been chosen, we’ll play their entrance music, they’ll walk on down that ramp over there, make their way to the ring, and stand behind our brilliant white door. Once they’re stood behind that door, they ring the bell, I let them in, and then the fun begins.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Jyp3nn1

And since this is the first of many, many editions of my show, we have to kick off strong. So, my first guest has to be an Extra Special Talent, an EST if you will…

Bayley smirks, the crowd pops.

[Pat Mcaffe]
Oh my god! Is it really going to be her?

My guest tonight, second to me, she is the best wrestler on this roster, she is the strongEST, the fastEST, the hungriEST.

The excitement has gone to everyone’s heads now, the crowd are all chanting for Bianca Belair!

But even though she was part of one of the most talked about matches of the night last week, a match she had all the tools to gain the victory in, she was unceremoniously robbed. Her opportunity snatched away from her by a cruel, despicable woman.

Bayley shakes her head in disapproval.

Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome my first ever guest, a woman that I can call a friend, the beautiful, the talented CARMELLA!

Last week saw Bayley on a quest to get Asuka's green mist banned, which saw her approach many on the roster to sign her petition, one of which was this very woman. The two seemed to get along quite well, including wishing each other luck in their matches that night. While Bayley would go on to win yet another Fatal Four-Way of the division's finest and would become the Number One Contender to The Women's Championship held by Alexa Bliss...Carmella's efforts to add gold around her waist fell short as Becky Lynch defeated her to become The Interim North American Champion. So it's understandable that as Carmella steps through the curtain she isn't exactly as "energized" as she normally would be...clearly things got heated between her and Becky and this loss was a bitter pill for her to swallow.  

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Normal_WWE_Friday_Night_SmackDown_2020_12_18_720p_HDTV_x264-NWCHD_mp40128

[Tom Hannifan]
Well, this is rather unexpected, Carmella was one of the women to sign Bayley's petition last week, albeit in vain given Bayley ended up getting misted by Asuka when presenting said petition to Sonya Deville.

[Pat Mcaffe]
I've never seen Carmella as heated as she was when she and the now Interim North American Champion Becky Lynch kicked off High Octane with a HIGHLY heated exchange, and while Carmella talked a big game...ultimately she came up short.

[Tom Hannifan]
Are we perhaps seeing these two come together given that there is strength in numbers?

[Pat Mcaffe]
They got along quite well last week, and for Carmella to be Bayley's inaugural guest...that's a pretty big deal.

As The Most Beautiful Woman in all of Wrestling descends down the ramp, the audience can be heard booing, but we do start to hear some cheering and clapping...all of which is coming from the host herself as she barks at The XWL fans to show Carmella some respect. Going as far as to mime the act of clapping and pointing at them to follow her lead, all of which only seems to make their reaction worse.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Normal_WWE_Friday_Night_SmackDown_2020_12_18_720p_HDTV_x264-NWCHD_mp40142

Once Carmella reaches the end of the ramp she rounds the corner venturing up the steel steps and climbing up them as we again get a clear view of her current "mood." She's here but she's miffed about last week's outcome, it's abundantly clear.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Normal_WWE_Friday_Night_SmackDown_2020_12_18_720p_HDTV_x264-NWCHD_mp40156

With a look towards Bayley she walks along the edge of the apron and then steps into the ring directly behind the closed door. It's at this point that her music comes to a halt, and the only sound in the arena is the boos that continue to pour in. After a few seconds, a very loud and obnoxious sound blares through the arena, it's the sound of a doorbell being rung, given that there's only one closed door in the vicinity, it's clear where it's coming from, which is just leaves the host to look toward the door with an eager smile.

OH, There’s someone at the door!

Bayley feigns ignorance for the sake of her show, tilting her head to the left and holding her thumb and index finger against her chin, as if deep in thought, then she approaches the door, reaches her hand out towards the door knob, then turns to face the camera.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 RNjDxKs

I wonder who it could be?

She turns the knob and pulls open the door.

CARMELLA!!!

Bayley’s excitement is off the charts, and it seems to warm Carmella up a bit, as she steps ‘in’ through the door, and Bayley wraps her welcoming arms around her.

[Tom Hannifan]
She might not have the same attitude as the Bayley we’ve always known, but she seems to still like her hugs.

[Pat Mcaffe]
Who wouldn’t want to hug Carmella Tom?

After their short embrace, Bayley directs Carmella to her seat, then takes her own.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 JMb3kMT

Carmella, before we get started, I just have to take a second to tell you how much it means to me, to have a superstar of your calibre as my first guest on this show, it’s just such an honour, not only to me, but to Tom and Pat Mcafee sat at ringside, to all of the taco enthusiasts in the audience, to all the bums watching at home. For you to take time from your busy schedule to entertain them, is such a selfless act, and I can’t thank you enough. Let’s give Carmella another round of applause everybody, come on join me.

Bayley claps her hands in appreciation of Carmella, as does Pat Mcafee and a few members of the audience, they’re drowned out by the rest of the audience though, who are already sick of Bayley’s shit and start a Bianca chant.

HEY SHOW SOME DAMN RESPECT! Carmella is 10 times the woman that so called EST could ever hope to be! I am so sorry about them, I can pick my guests but unfortunately I can’t pick my audience.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
Well thank you Bayley, it's nice to know that not everyone is falling over themselves to rub my failure last week in my face. Which you know, given this crowd is trying to hijack your show by chanting for the woman you beat last week...is quite ironic, no? Why is that you think? I'll tell you, because unlike Bianca...there's one "EST" that she's not...and that's the Beautiful-EST Woman in ALL of Wrestling! Jealousy, envy, anger at themselves that they're trying to bounce back at me...it's all quite sad honestly. Yes, I didn't defeat Becky last week, but do you know what I did? I gave the fight of my life, when this audience, and our newly "Interim" Champ thought I'd be an easy win, but it wasn't easy. No, she'll never admit it...but I was THIS close and next time? Big Time Becks will have that stupid smirk of hers wiped off her face by a Superkick.

Carmella pauses as the crowd continue to boo, she looks around rolling her eyes before continuing.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
But while I may have unfortunately lost, congratulations are in order for you my dear friend because despite that nefarious stunt against you by Asuka when you went to deliver your petition...you got the last laugh by winning that Fatal Four Way and becoming The NEW Number One Contender to The Women's Championship! But as I previously mentioned...you did so by defeating that arrogant and self praising Bianca Belair, and that, now THAT had to be the cherry on top of that wonderful moment, didn't it? She's spent her entire month since arriving talking about avenging her broken friend...but when the pressure was on, she broke...like Sasha's back of course.

Carmella lets out a laugh that really could only be described as "bitchy" it's not that she's taking joy in Sasha's injury, more so finding the joy in Bianca saying she'd avenge Sasha...but when she had the opportunity to earn a match with Sasha's victimizer, she couldn't get the job done.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Oysf51H

HAHAHA That was a good one. It is pretty insane that she actually believed she had a chance with me in the match. What was that, the third time I’ve defeated her in the space of four weeks? I guess they do say the first sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, but there’ll only ever be one result when it comes to Bianca Belair, and that’s crushing defeat. HAHAHA

Bayley cackles at her own jokes.

But thank you! I knew it wouldn’t be easy defeating all three of those women, especially with how underhanded they can be, I can still feel the sting of that whip across my back, and it doesn’t matter how many times I wash my face, I can’t get the horrible smell of that poisonous powder out of my pores. But despite  that, I conquered them all and now I fully intend to rescue that championship from the demon’s spawn Alexa Bliss, even if I have to take it from her cold dead hands.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
As someone that had a few battles with "Sister April" those crazed-out-possessed runts are certainly something else...and unfortunately for this division, Alexa seems to be far worse than she ever was, and that...well, that's a little terrifying in itself. Can you believe that this is even real life? We got into this business to compete, to be the best, and we have to contend with magic power-wielding psychos? But as they say, good always triumphs over evil, and you Bayley are probably the kindest, most good-willed person I've ever met. Everyone else is just so vindictive, but even asking me to be your first guest tonight, and not with ulterior motives to embarrass me over my loss like most journalists in your seat would do....shows that no matter what these people think, there's good in you and I fully believe that at Resurgence? Alexa can throw a fireball, you'll deflect, Alexa can transform, you'll stand your ground, she could even pull out that oversized mallet...well if she does you should probably run because that thing is like twice her size so maybe tread carefully...

Carmella's supportive, but also slightly cautious because as she said...this isn't any average competition Bayley will be facing, this is...something supernatural, something that truly is unlike what most of them have ever encountered since stepping into the squared circle.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
But my point is, you have been on a roll, and while Alexa may have likened herself to a pendulum that will "tear through the division one by one" I know you'll be walking out as The NEW Women's Champion...and who knows maybe you'll be able to snap her back to reality and end this living horror show that has become our division. "HE" can't save her from the L you're about to hand her.

Of course he can’t. It doesn’t matter what magical voodoo powers she has, I’ve been through a lot in my life, she doesn’t scare me, because I have one thing that she doesn’t, and that’s a heart. But if she brings out that ridiculous hammer, I won’t make the same stupid mistake that Sasha and Liv made, there’s no chance that I’m going to give her the opportunity to end my career, or scar my body, because unlike them, I don’t just have heart, I also have a brain.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 PZMLQaO

But enough about me, I’m the host of the show, you’re the guest. So, what’s next for you?! Where does Carmella go from here?

Carmella's index finger taps the tip of her chin as she ponders the answer to that herself, I mean where does SHE go from here? Sure she's been actively working toward her goal to become a Champion at long last in XWL...but with last week's loss still very fresh, it's clear that goal might be a little too far away still.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
I've thought long and hard about that since the conclusion of High Octane. Clearly, I saw things going differently, but unfortunately...they didn't. But then I had a thought, and actually, I have you to thank for that. Becky Lynch may have beaten me last week to become The Interim North American Champion but what happened in Becky's last match before that? She LOST, along with two other women to Liv Morgan. So if she can get another opportunity after losing her first, well...why can't I?

With the snap of her fingers, an attendant from ringside hops up onto the apron with a clipboard in hand, and Carmella momentarily rises up from her seat to collect it. She jerks it out of his hand, then shoos him away before making her way back toward Bayley's set.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Normal_WWE_Friday_Night_SmackDown_2020_12_18_720p_HDTV_x264-NWCHD_mp40322

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
In my hand, is the official petition I've drawn up for a REMATCH with "Big Time" Becky Lynch for The Interim North American Championship at Resurgence! She thinks this is over? Oh no no no, she made this personal...and I'll be damned if I let her get away with the things she said about me last week. I've been putting in the work, competing EVERY...SINGLE...WEEK! All she did was pick up the scraps of Alexa Bliss, snatch that title from some stooge at ringside, and start acting like she was Champion. That's not how this works, that's not how ANY of this works...and to be honest with you? She shouldn't have even BEEN in last week's match! She's done NOTHING to earn that opportunity, especially not over me. I was inspired by your petition last week, Bayley...and seeing as you chose me to be your first guest on your new and sure-to-be hit talk show...I couldn't think of anyone more I'd want to be the first signature on this petition.

Carmella with a friendly smile on her face hands the clipboard over to Bayley, the woman that inspired her to create one of her own, and then takes her seat.

Bayley looks over the clipboard in her hands, pretty happy with herself for having inspired her close friend, but there’s a look of doubt in her eyes as she scans the details.

Of course you’re right, Becky Lynch didn’t do anything to deserve that championship opportunity other than throw her weight around, and we both know she’s got a lot of it to throw around. I mean didn’t even step into this ring once before her title match, she barely even opened her mouth, and being so unworthy to hold the gold, all she’s going to do is drag down the prestige that title has, she should be left to fight the dregs of the division like Shayna Baszlr, not sharing the ring with a star like you.

Listening carefully to her words, Carmella isn’t really sure what to make of them, and seems to be questioning her friend, as she give her a scowl.

But you? You’ve put your heart and soul into everything you’ve done here, not just since we returned earlier this year, but your entire career. You’re a fighter, you aren’t scared to step into this ring and face anyone in your way, and that already makes you far superior to ‘Small time’ Becky Lynch. I’ll sign your petition, if you really want me to, but you shouldn’t be wasting your time with someone so irrelevant to her own championship that she isn’t even the legitimate holder.

Bayley’s eyes suddenly light up, like she’s had a brilliant idea.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 TjFFgIf

In fact, you should be setting your sights higher, you should be in the Women’s Championship picture, and when I defeat Alexa Bliss at Resurgence and I’m representing this division as their champion, I’ll need a challenger capable of taking it from me,  and I can’t think of anyone better suited for that than the Fabulous Carmella.

Carmella looks quite taken aback by Bayley's proposal...who would have thought that last week was the start of a new friendship, one that actually manages to make two selfish individuals, actually think about someone else.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
Bayley, that...that would be incredible. Buuuuut, I can think of something EVEN better. Don't get me wrong, I am so thrilled that you think that highly of me, and I can't wait for that to happen. But, as you said, set my sights higher, right? Well so should you. Why have our match be for one title...when it could be for two.

Bayley leans forward from her seat, intrigued by where Carmella is heading with this.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
Picture this, okay? You sign that petition, the first of many signatures...I present it to William Regal and Sonya Deville and I'm granted my much-deserved rematch with Becky. Naturally, I beat that bitch and make her eat her words from last week...and you, you beat the "evil" out of our dear Women's Champion...and then, then...well, then you put your Women's Championship up against my North American Championship and we silence the haters once and for all by having an all-star classic! The greatest match this division has ever seen, featuring two Women that for too long have been overlooked, but not ever again. What do you say, Bay?

That. Is. Brilliant.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Y6JZlc5

I mean it, it’s perfect. It would probably go down as the biggest match in the history of XWL, people would be talking about it forever…

Bayley doesn’t need to convince herself anymore, she’s come around to Carmella’s way of thinking, just imagining the spectacular main event she could be a part of, she puts her pen to the paper, and becomes the first of many signatures.

You need to make sure Sonya doesn’t get anywhere near this.

Bayley hands the petition back to Carmella, and just as she does…

DING DONG!  DING DONG!

Carmella uneasily takes the petition back from Bayley, whose face is that of pure confusion, she’s the host of this show, but she’s only prepared for one guest, so why did the doorbell just ring?

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
Are you expecting someone else?

Bayley shakes her head in response.

No, at least I shouldn’t be… Oh! It must be one of our fans sending a gift to commemorate this occasion!

Believing in her own hype, Bayley leaps up out of her chair, excited to receive her gift, she walks towards the door and reaches her hand out, grabbing the handle for the second time tonight, she pulls it open, only to instantly slam it back shut before anyone can see a thing.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
So, who was it?

As soon as she utters those words, Carmella notices the joy and excitement they were sharing over their potential historic match has been drained from Bayley’s face, she hasn’t spoken a word, but her face is turning a bright shade of red.

DING DONG!  DING DONG!

As the bell rings again, Carmella starts to get up from her seat, but Bayley is quick to place her hand over hers and shake her head.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
Uh, Bayley? Who is it?

DING DONG!  DING DONG!

DING DONG!  DING DONG!

DING DONG!  DING DONG!

As the bell rings over and over like some impatient brat who wants his Halloween candy on October 31st, Carmella becomes more irritated at this mysterious guest. Bayley continues to shake her head and asks her to ignore it....but then, a voice echoes from behind the door.

"Little pig little pig, LET MET IN!"

A burst of deranged laughter follows, which sends a chill down both of their spines, but Carmella assures Bayley she'll handle this. She pulls up out of her seat and walks toward the door.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
We're not playing this twisted game with you, Alexa!

DING DONG!  DING DONG!

No words come in response, just another press of the doorbell, to which Carmella's expression intensifies.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
Cut it out, brat!

"Little pigs...little pigs...LET...ME...IN!" The voice belonging to The Women's Champion says this time in a louder tone.

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
No!

"Then I'll huff...and I'll puff...and I'LL BURN THIS HOUSE DOWN!"

It's in this moment, that Carmella and Bayley both look to one another, and Carmella curiously asks...

\$/\$/ Carmella \$/\$/
She wouldn't actually throw a fireball at this door, would she?

Screw it, let the little troll in, there's two of us and only one of her, if she tries anything funny we'll take care of her.

The sound of exaggerated breathing can be heard behind the door, as if Alexa were literally channeling the big bad wolf here, which...while surely she doesn't have the power to breathe fire...one would also think she didn't have the power to throw fire, but as our currently sidelined North American Champion Liv Morgan found out, she very much is capable of more than we know, so Carmella finally grabs the handle of the door and opens it up to find the cheery smile of The Women's Champion with her title warmly wrapped around her waist.

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Oh goodie, you're home!

Alexa invites herself in, stepping through the open doorway brushing past Carmella with a pep in her step as she observes Bayley's set and seems quite impressed.

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Wow, nice digs you got here...I remember when I had a talk show...gee, yet another similarity between us, I swear it's like looking in a mirror!

Alexa with her exaggerated pigtails, and a twisted smile, wearing a purple skirtall with a pink shirt and knee-high white socks along with custom white sneakers with some scribbled art on them looks at Bayley as if she's looking at her reflection...but, well these two could not LOOK any different.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Normal_WWE_Monday_Night_Raw_2020_11_23_720p_HDTV_x264-NWCHD_mp4_006085117

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
I must say I am a teensy bit disappointed I wasn't your guest tonight, I mean...fate has bound us together for the next month so you'd think you would make this easy on yourself....but, I guess if I were in your shoes I'd be a little apprehensive too. It's okay, you're scared of what you don't understand, but allow me to put your pretty little head at ease. I mean no trouble...well, mostly that's true...that really kind of depends on, well...YOU. See, this CAN be easy, and the beginning of a wonderful friendship. OR, it can get quite ugly.

With the blunt finish to her statement, her gaze grows quite serious, but as we've come to expect of Alexa, that seriousness goes away almost as quickly as it appears, and her giddy and "friendly" smile returns.

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
But I'm sure you don't want that, right? I mean it'd be such a pity considering your career's really on the uptick lately, huh? All these victories, the spotlight you've always wanted, and BOOM!!!

Alexa's hands dramatically slam together startling both Carmella and Bayley from the suddenness of it as her hands then pull apart and wiggle through the air as if they were miming the act of a bomb exploding while letting out a peal of maniacal laughter.

You don’t scare me…

Her actions so far seem to contradict her words, but it’s almost as if she’s only saying those words in an attempt to make herself believe them, like in a horror movie when the heroine overcomes the terrifying monster by conquering her fears. One power Bayley has that Alexa doesn’t, is the ability to create her own hype, believe in anything she tells herself, and as those words escape her lips, her confidence begins to grow.

I know what you’re doing. You’re trying to get into my head, you’re trying to scare me into submission, make me give up before I even get to resurgence, but that’s not going to happen. I have spent far too long, worked far too hard to just throw it all away, and nothing, nothing, especially a make pretend, wannabe, scooby doo villain is going to stop me now.  

You can’t intimidate me, this is my show, this isn’t a moment with Bliss, it’s MY show, MINE!

Bayley looks down at the gold around Alexa’s waist.

So why don’t you just turn your evil ass around and skip on back to your little fucked up funhouse of horrors and make the most of the time you have left with MY belt around your waist.

Alexa's "PLAY" and "PAIN" glove-covered hands rise up in front of her hung open jaw as she looks around at the audience in astonishment. Soon her "PAIN" glove lowers to her side leaving her "PLAY" glove to turn to the side as she leans in closer to the camera.

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Looks like someone's been spending a little too much time with Abby, there's no need for such vulgarity, Bayley...this IS a family show after all.

Ah yes, nothing says family fun like throwing fireballs into unsuspecting victims and slamming an oversized mallet over the back of your foes leaving them with a literally broken back...that's fun the whole family can enjoy, right?

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Now I'm not trying to make you give up silly, where's the fun in that? I want you as you are, beaming with confidence...oozing that machismo, and thriving off your deeply blind faith. Faith that will guide you to pure and utter devastation! Where it'll feel as if your very essence was wiped from existence, and your soul extracted out of your body. To quote a special certain someone...

Alexa snickers as she looks directly into the camera and then quite obviously winks. She then directs her gaze back to Carmella, but more specifically Bayley her newly crowned Number One Contender.

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Bayley, at Resurgence...your hopes of becoming Women's Champion...will...REST...IN...PEACE!!!

Her eyes roll in the back of her head as she mimics The Undertaker, the object of Bray Wyatt's latest obsession...but as her eyes remain in the back of her head she starts to cackle. Eratically rocking back and forth as her maniacal laughter continues until both Bayley and Carmella are beyond uncomfortable. So uncomfortable that they know they can't just stand there, if they do then they admit they're afraid, maybe even terrified...and they would never allow the world to look behind the veil and see their true emotions right now. So as Alexa's deranged glee continues, both Carmella and Bayley show the benefit of their new friendship, the numbers advantage. They cock their right hands back then swing forward dropping Alexa down to the mat, Bayley starts to mount her, screaming at her to stop it, but as Carmella was about to join...something...happens.

She suddenly stops in her tracks as if something is stopping her from joining in, she looks down...and immediately lets out a high-pitched "shriek" as Mercy The Buzzard has popped up through the ring and has his mouth wrapped around her ankle! "GET THIS THING OFF OF ME!!! BAYLEY!!!" she cries, Bayley looks back, and she can't believe her eyes...as she stumbles to aid her friend...she's introduced to a "friend" of her own to deal with. Ramblin' Rabbit pops up from a different hole in the mat and just says "HIYA DUDE!" to which Bayley jumps backward, shaking her head as if to say "this is not happening, but it is.

Alexa brushes off their previous assault and then brings her "PAIN' glove-covered hand up to her bottom lip, which has the tiniest drop of blood on it from one of their fists connecting with her face and then shakes her head disapprovingly.

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
You might wanna run those numbers again, ladies...because I'm not the one outnumbered here...YOU ARE!

Carmella manages to free her ankle of Mercy then nearly collapses into Bayley as she continues to scream. "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?!" she cries. Bayley tries to calm her down, assuring her it's just a stupid puppet. But as she consoles her...a third hole is ripped into the mat and Huskus The Pig springs up! "Mmmm you two look scrumptious!" he snorts, which sends both Carmella and Bayley into a unified squeal. They carefully navigate the ring making a beeline to the other side, wanting to be anywhere but here...however, just as they appear to be home free...Abby The Witch pops up from the outside with a welcoming "Where do you b****es think you're going?!"

With another shriek in unison, they turn on their heels and damn near leap through the other set of ropes to the outside of the ring, sprinting over the barricade and fleeing as fast and as far as they can!

[Pat Mcaffe]
What is this, night of the living puppets?!

[Tom Hannifan]
Looks like Alexa's brought The Firefly Funhouse to Octane tonight, and Bayley and Carmella were just introduced to some of Alexa's friends...

[Pat Mcaffe]
I have tried so hard to wrap my head around this stuff but it is challenging everything I ever thought was real. What in god's name are those things?!

[Tom Hannifan]
Yet another reason Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss have been the harbingers of horror. And Alexa's Number One Contender just found that out the hard way.

[Pat Mcaffe]
Remind me never to get on Alexa's bad side, actually never mind no reminder needed, this chick's broken a back, a neck, and the fabric of reality itself, how could I or anyone else for that matter need any more reasons?!

[Tom Hannifan]
Well, Bayley tried to play it tough...but there are some things even the bravest of challengers can't power through, and the sudden appearance of sentiment puppets would certainly apply to that.

Bayley and Carmella are long gone, leaving Alexa and her puppet pals in the ring to close out Bayley's first-ever edition of "Ding Dong Hello." Alexa realizes this and pops a squat in the middle of the ring, surrounded by her friends...

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Well, that was rude, they were JUST saying hi...some people, am I right?

She smiles from ear to ear as she looks to Ramblin' Rabbit, then Mercy The Buzzard, then Huskus The Pig, and then as she starts to look at Abby she's met by a cold stare...and when a puppet gives you a cold stare...or maybe it's just how she normally looks, again IT'S A PUPPET.

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
Anywho, I guess that's it for episode One of Ding Dong Hello! I'm sorry the host seems to have flown the coop...but I'm sure next time she'll be a little more professional. We'll chalk it up to nerves, right? After all, she's got a lot to be nervous about...doesn't she?

Her wandering eyes are led to The Women's Championship over her shoulder, which causes her to flash a devious grin.

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
As always I am your Women's Champion Alexa Bliss...reminding you to...

Suddenly all the lights in the ringside area are shut off, leaving only a singular red spotlight casting down over Alexa as the puppets begin to visibly shake in place...her eyes widen, and her jubilant expression hardens into a wicked snarl as the tone of her voice deepens.

PLAY{Alexa Bliss}PAIN
LET HIM IN!

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Blisstransitiongif2
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22   XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2022 10:33 pm

Deadline extended to 7/20 check discord for details.
Back to top Go down
Slothio
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22   XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 1:00 am

As Octane returns from a commercial break, it’s obvious some of the crowd still isn’t sure what to make of Alexa Bliss’s sudden appearance on Ding Dong, Hello! but the show must go on either way.

But whatever we’re seeing right now might not be what people expected exactly. No, instead it’s a very musical man with a ponytail and guitar standing in front an amp at the top of the stage.

[Tom Hannifan]
Um, Pat, help me out here. What exactly am I looking at right now?

[Pat Mcaffe]
I’m not sure Tom but whatever it is this man looks like he’s about to rock and I’m all in for it!

[???]
Hello everyone, my name is RICK… BOOGS! That’s R-I-C-K B-O-O-G-S! And I’m here to rock!

[Pat Mcaffe]
See Tom I told you!

[Rick Boogs]
And I don’t just mean rocking my opponents’ worlds inside that ring week in and week out,  although that’s certainly part of it!

[Rick Boogs]
No no, XWL Universe I have one question for you right now, and there’s ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?

[Pat Mcaffe]
Yeah I’m ready to rock!

Pat Mcaffee is certainly enthusiastic, and while plenty of the XWL Universe still seems a little confused, a fair amount have decided to embrace whatever the hell is going on and make their voices heard that yes, they are ready to rock.

[Rick Boogs]
Nah nah that ain’t enough, I said XWL Universe, ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?

[Pat Mcaffe]
YEAH I’M READY TO ROCK!

[Tom Hannifan]
Jesus.

Along with Pat, the XWL Universe bumps up their excitement level at the idea of this Rick Boogs rocking out, and he seems much more pleased by the response this time, as he begins to nod and shout “Yeah” before reaching down to begin playing….

[Tom Hannifan]
Wait, that's Shawn Michaels’ theme song!

Sure enough, Boogs is shredding away “Sexy Boy”, the theme song of the legendary Shawn Michaels. And I gotta be honest it sounds pretty good. If I wasn’t a disembodied voice I’d definitely be jamming along with the XWL Universe, who judging by the fans we see in camera are definitely enjoying it, and they’re even signing the lyrics to complete the experience.

[Pat Mcaffe]
I’M NOT YOUR BOY TOY!

[Tom Hannifan]
Pat what on Earth are you doing?

[Pat Mcaffe]
I’M ROCKING TOM WHAT DO YOU THINK I’M DOING?

[Tom Hannifan]
Oh brother.

Indeed even Pat Macaffee has gotten up out of his chair and is now dancing along to the rocking cover, perhaps enjoying himself more so than any member of the XWL Universe. As Boogs finishes up his little jam session, he finishes with one last epic note leaving both the XWL Universe and Pat applauding.

[Rick Boogs]
Thank you, thank you!

[Rick Boogs]
Rocking out on this guitar isn’t all I can do though, and XWL Universe, starting real soon, I’m gonna be rocking out with all of you, and also rocking out in that ring!

[Rick Boogs]
YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Boogs enthusiastically shreds away on his guitar, much to the audience’s approval, as Octane transitions into the next segment.
Back to top Go down
Kingbrew1990
New Talent

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22   XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 11:59 pm

As Octane returns from a commercial break, it’s obvious some the crowd is pumped after Rick Boogs performance but the show must go on either way.

And that theme song can only mean it’s going on one way, with the XWL tag team champions and resident complainers, Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe. While their talent is hard to deny and there certainly is some validity to their complaints about a lack of competition for their belts, they’re just getting annoying aren’t they? In kind, the audience boos the champions, as they’re well aware they're in for yet another lecture on the conspiracy working against the two men and how Sonya Deville and William Regal are doing nothing to revitalize the tag team division.

And sure enough, just based on the look on the two men’s faces, it seems that that’s exactly what we’re in for right now. Both men already have a microphone in hand, but seem to be choosing to take a little bit of time to start speaking as they make their way out to the ring. As is typical, Joe’s expression is much more contained and hard to get a read on, while Owens is much more willing to show off his frustration with the way things have gone over the past few months for the two of them and their titles.

[Tom Hannifan]
Well here come the tag team champions, and is it just me Pat or are you getting kinda sick of this?

[Pat Mcaffe]
Sick of what Tom? We don’t know what our reigning tag champs are going to say to us here tonight!

[Tom Hannifan]
Well, probably the same thing they’ve said every time-

[Pat Mcaffe]
I wasn’t being serious Tom. I absolutely know what they’re going to be talking about here tonight as does everyone else in this arena. But I posit this in response to your question, don’t you think the two of them are the most sick of it? Every week they have to come up with a new way to express their disappointment about the state of this division and how management has handled it just to try and spread their message and get some more competition, if that was me I would not enjoy it one bit!

[Tom Hannifan]
I mean fair enough I wouldn’t either but sometimes with these two I get the idea that they do in fact just love hearing the sound of their own voice.

As both men make it into the ring, it is Joe who first speaks.

[Samoa Joe]
Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone in between, let me be the first to welcome you to what is sure to be a historic moment in XWL history.

The camera pans to multiple faces in the crowd, all clearly confused by what Joe means exactly, though clearly a lot of people don't really care, judging by the amount of boos that continue to rain down.

[Samoa Joe]
You see, unlike last time we spoke like this, us being in the ring right now is something that has been approved ahead of time by “his majesty” William Regal. And what is this for you may ask?

[Samoa Joe]
Well, we are coming out to the ring here tonight to lay it all on the line. You see, Resurgence is coming up in a few weeks, and despite what happened with every single other championship at High Octane, nothing was decided in terms of these titles! No, all we did was face Claudio and Ilja, who were so bad as a team that little Ilja decided to turn tail and run his way out of the company entirely!

[Samoa Joe]
So here’s the deal. Tonight, one last time, we’re coming out here, putting our feet down and seeing if anyone in that locker room wants to come out here and challenge for these titles.

At the news of an open challenge for the tag titles, the crowd roars in cheers and applause for the first time since the two men have made it out.

[Pat Mcaffe]
Oh this is huge news Tom, we’re going to see the tag titles be defended right here right-

But it doesn’t last too long before Kevin Owens interrupts.

[Kevin Owens]
Hold on hold on hold on! You think you’re getting a title match tonight? No, no, no.

And with that the audience promptly begins booing again.

[Tom Hannifan]
What?

[Kevin Owens]
I mean, we already have a match scheduled for tonight you idiots.[/b] Did you really think we were going two in one night? No, we’re just letting people come out here and schedule a match for Resurgence, so we as the champions have proper time to prepare. How is that difficult to understand?

[Kevin Owens]
So to anyone who wants to challenge for these in a few weeks, get your asses out here!

[Rey Mysterio]
Are you two serious?...

The mysterios walk down the ramp to a chorus of boos.

[Rey Mysterio]
There should be no question who should be challenging you for those titles, but you’d know that if you spent less time complaining about having no one to defend those belts against and more time actually looking for someone to defend them against, like you know, actual champions.

Rey and Dominik walk up the steps on opposite sides before jumping into the ring.

[Rey Mysterio]
We’ve been here for less than a month and we’ve already made a bigger impact than you two have during your whole reign, and we haven’t even wrestled a match yet. There’s no one, no other team that should even be considered for an opportunity at your ‘championship’

Owens and Joe don’t seem to like what they’re hearing.

[Rey Mysterio]
Congratulations though, in my twenty years in this industry, I’ve never seen anyone manage to destroy the prestige of a title, not even when David Arquette was crowned champion. My son, he grew up dreaming of one day winning tag team gold, but those belts that you carry? They’re not gold, they’re plastic. The only hope that they have left is if a real team, a real name, a real champion takes them from you and restores them to their former glory.

[R Truth]
XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Truth_12

“Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah! Now I know y’all aren’t fixing to sit there and act like I ain’t the number one contender for them titles now dawg. As if it wasn’t enough with me having to drop Lil Jimmy from being my partner which I’m still upset about. But y’all ain’t fixing to sit down here and act like y’all don’t know What’s Up!
(Crowd echoes what’s up in the background)
See even everybody here knows What’s Up!
(Crowd echoes what’s up in the background again)
Sonya Deville one of our Fiiiiiiiinnnnne GMs in the back knows What’s Up!
So allow me to inform you four scrubs What’s Up!
You see the truth is….. pun very much intended…. The truth is I have found a tag team partner and together we are gonna take this tag team division by storm! Mount Vesuvius erupting over Pompeii in 79 CE was a catastrophe! The tornado in Bangladesh in April of 1989 was a travesty! Typhoon Hayain in 2013 an enormous disaster.
(The other competitiors look at truth in confusion)
I tell you that to tell you this. None of those catastrophes are minuscule compared that the damage The Hurricane Of Truth is going to have on the tag team division. So without any further ado let me introduce the entire XWL universe to my new tag team partner. He hails from the Eye of the Storm! Allow me to unleash the greatest hero in the history, my friend, and my new tag team partner, The Hurricane!!!

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Truth_11

[Pat Mcafee]
“My God, it’s wrestling’s resident superhero!”

[Tom Hanifan]
“R-truth never ceases to amaze me, As if he isn’t a national treasure enough by himself. Now we have him and The Hurricane combining forces to take on the tag team division here in XWL. Let the good times roll Pat!”

[Pat Mcafee]
“If you haven’t been entertained by anything that’s happened since the reopening of XWL you are sure to get your seven chuckles in watching these two. This is absolute genius!”

[Tom Hanifan]
“I agree Pat. This is the perfect blend of delusional comedy that is sure to have your stomach hurting from laughing so hard. But let’s not discount the pure athletic ability that these two poses. They have had longevity in this business because they are equipped to survive and at this point survival is key in the tag division with Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe holding those belts”

[The Hurricane]
"I got a call last week from my buddy R-Truth. Truth said Cane' (and im not talking about that big red bully) they made me get rid of Lil' Jimmy dawg and are denying me my spot as number 1 contender for the tag team championship. So of course my response was What's Up With Dat? After listening to Truth and hearing his situation, I knew that there was only one solution. So i said Truth, you need someone you can lean on who has honor. You need someone you can lean on that has integrity. You need someone to lean on that is a hero. Someone who stares adversity in its face and defeats it every time. Truth said you're right Cane'. Then asked if i knew of anybody. I told him i would send someone to help my friend. So i thought long and hard and decided that since I have sat back and let the world work itself out for far longer than i should have. I decided it was time to put on the mask and cape again and help my friend fight for justice. So if either team of you hooligans think you got what it takes to weather the storm of The Hurricane of Truth then let's get this party popping."

As the crowd erupts in joy and applause over the return of the Hurricane and to answer his request to “get this party popping”, Samoa Joe starts to chuckle to himself and speaks again for the first time since the two other teams came out to the ring.

[Samoa Joe]
Wow this is all really something. Where do I even begin with what’s happening here?

Joe turns to face the Mysterios.

[Samoa Joe]
First of all, we have the geezer and his little prodigy over here. You’re right, we weren’t looking for you over the last few weeks while we were looking for a contender? Why is that?

[Samoa Joe]
Maybe it’s because we want our challengers to be a team where both members can actually, you know, still wrestle? Talk all you want about the “impact” you’ve made without wrestling a single match, we all know the truth that as soon as you actually step inside that ring again your knees will probably give out.

Rey scoffs at the dig at his age, and Dominick steps up to Joe as if to defend his father’s honor, but Owens cuts him off before he can.

[Kevin Owens]
Hey there buddy, let’s calm down. Let’s not pretend that you would even have a job if it wasn’t for your old papi.

[Rey Mysterio]
"You know Kevin, you and Joe have some gall to call yourselves champions. When the opportunity arises for you to prove you are fighting champions, you guys just show that you don't have the cajones to face the Mysterios.  

Samoa Joe steps face to face with Rey and mouths something that can't be heard.

[Kevin Owens]
And as for you two, dumber and somehow even dumber, this is how low management has to stoop to find tag teams? We’re not even going to dignify you two goofballs with anymore of our breath cause it’s a waste of time!

[R Truth]
"Dawg, we didn't come to talk anyways, we came to get what is rightfully mine. Seeings how i done beat you already. Technically the gold belongs around these waists."

[Samoa Joe]
Either way, let’s make things interesting, at least for us. I mean, all of you have a match booked tonight, and you’re already in the ring. Why not do it right now?

[Kevin Owens]
WINNERS GET THE TITLE SHOT AT RESURGENCE!

Joe quickly looks over to Kevin, shocked by the sudden added stipulation enough to display his emotion on his face much clearer than typical, but he regains his composure as fast as possible.

[Samoa Joe]
Yes, exactly what I was going to say next. Whoever wins right now becomes the #1 contender and gets the title shot at Resurgence. Have fun, all of you!

Joe and Owens leave the ring and make their way up the ramp, as a referee sprints down to the ring, leaving the teams in it adjusting to the bombshell that was just dropped on them.

Back to top Go down
Tango
Mid Card
Tango

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22   XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 4:08 pm

Claudio is seen backstage warming up with some resistance bands.

McKenzie Mitchell
Claudio, tonight you have a match with the giant Omos who also happens to be in the Razor Classic tournament what are your thoughts going into this match?

Claudio gets one more rep out of the resistance bands and let’s them go as he releases the tension On the bands.

Claudio
McKenzie, tonight is like no other. Tonight I face a giant in Omos, but unfortunately for you Omos it will not be the outcome you expect. Tonight I will swing you around this arena and I will the neutralize you.
Let this be a glimpse into your future of the your time in the Razor Classic.

McKenzie Mitchell
With the announcement of the Razor classic do you have anything to say regarding the upcoming tournament.

Claudio
Razor Ramon was a legend in his own right. His machismo was unlike anything else and I know he would be proud of what’s taking place. As for the rest of the tournament I plan On making it to the final and once there climbing the ladder to become your new intercontinental champion.

Claudio steps out of frame as McKenzie thanks him.

We return to the ring

Pat Mcafee
1812 overture? But Rock? Count me in!
Claudio makes his way out to the stage wearing a black zip jacket and black tights with logos of fists in white.

Tom Haniffan
A new theme a new attitude and a new look, Claudio is looking better than ever and just in time for the Razor Classic.

The camera pans to the announce desk to show Pat Mcafee Jamming an air guitar to Claudio’s new theme.

Claudio makes his way to the ring to face the giant Omos.

Your winner
XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 14d4de1

Pat Mcafee
What a fight! I’m exhausted just from watching this.

Tom Haniffan
He didn’t win this easily, it was definitely an earned win. If he keeps this up he will be intercontinental in no time.
Back to top Go down
Slothio
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22   XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 4:30 pm

NON-TITLE MATCH
STRANGE BEDFELLOWS TAG TEAM MATCH

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 0bbTcHhXWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 ERxGcZ7
XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 XWLGold-JoeXWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 XWLGold-KO

Spoilers ahead if you wanna watch the match (it's honestly pretty great):

[Tom Hannifan]
Wow and just like that it's over!

[Pat Mcaffe]
Tom part of me still can't believe what I just watched, these two teams went full speed ahead the entire match, it feels like there was no wasted movement or moment, just four sluggers duking it out until eventually here we are, our tag team champions standing tall!

[Tom Hannifan]
And Pat as much as they obviously have their differences, you have to give some respect to Sheamus and Roman Reigns for being able to work as well together as a team as they did here tonight!

[Pat Mcaffe]
Absolutely Tom but it just wasn't enough to stop these two men, who prove here now that despite the fact that they may not have had much competition, there is certainly a reason they won those titles in the first place. I don't know how sanctioned that #1 contender's stipulation earlier was, but if I'm the Hurricane of Truth or the Mysterios, I'm certainly re-evaluating some of my confidence that I can take those titles away.

Both Joe and Owens celebrate their hard fought victory as Octane rolls on to the next segment, with the last thing we hear being Owens yelling "Just try and take these, just try!"
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22   XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 4:31 pm

[TOM HANAFAN]
Well, here's the man who stole Bobby Roode's World Heavyweight Championship last week after the Champion decided to come and congratulate Sami on winning the Fatal 5 Way match and becoming the #1 Contender.

[PAT MCAFEE]

What Sami did last week I can't agree with, I like the guy and all but stealing the most prized item in the company when you didn't win it? That's uncalled for, and now he has the nerve to host a "Championship celebration"? Bobby Roode has to be fuming right now.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Giphy.gif?cid=790b76114cfdc1221516c2818bfd3a4fff49425b46e133d1&rid=giphy

The fans in attendance REALLY let Sami hear it, some can be heard yelling "THIEF" and "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THE CHAMPIONSHIP" to which Sami obviously doesn't care. He holds the Title up high letting out "thank you" and "Aww you guys are too much!" soaking in what he delusionally thinks are cheers. Sami raises his arms and yells "AH IT'S GOOD TO BE CHAMPION" to which many of the fans in attendance reassure him that he's, in fact, NOT Champion even if he thinks he is.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 A66358b4e89a379aa0c3a9a65d121a71
XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 68eb44cf4df0a78325015c5e257ae5e7

[PAT MCAFFEE]

These fans REALLY don't like Sami now, I didn't think people could hate him more but, he seems to have outdone himself.

[TOM HANAFAN]
That's an understatement, Pat. These fans absolutely can't stand this man right now.

Sami excitedly marches down the ramp holding "his" World Title high in the air, he makes it to the steps as he crouches down and fist pumps at the thought of once again "being World Champion"

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 B41dcaaf3ff954af9e54fa2a5984e01e
XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 6ad16c85e79e1da09057eb0f98649489

A fan can be heard in the front row shouting things at Sami like "THIEF" and "THAT'S NOT YOUR TITLE, THAT'S BOBBY ROODES!" to which Sami pleasantly shows the fan how wrong they are, he points to the nameplate in which we can see someone has crossed out "Bobby Roode" with what looks like a sharpie and written the name "Sami Zayn" over it, even though the marker is already starting to rub off. "SEE IT SAYS SAMI ZAYN! THAT'S ME! THIS IS MY TITLE!" Sami yells to the ever-growing chorus of boos. Sami waves the fans off and steps into the ring where we can see a nice setup with a red mat and a pedestal of some sort just big enough to hold a championship. He places the title on the stand and brings the mic to his mouth to speak.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 B793db9235dfca55bd1b9535c0f00d0c

[SAMI ZAYN]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I TOLD ALL OF YOU

The fans, who obviously do not like Sami laughing at them, continue to let him hear how much they despise him, most actually having to take breaks and drink to soothe their sore throats from booing so much. Sami starts dancing around making a mockery out of the situation.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Ded3d88ce0f41efb01466ab61b38c9c7

[SAMI ZAYN]
♫OH I FEEEEEEEL GOOOOD duna duna nuna nuna I KNEW THAT I WOULD♫

[PAT MCAFEE]

Sami isn't going to be winning ANY awards for his singing voice that's for sure. The fact he still thinks he's World Champion is insane.

[TOM HANAFAN]
That's Sami Zayn for you, insane.

Sami doesn't let the fans get him down, this is HIS TIME. He obviously won the Title fair and square right? So why shouldn't he celebrate?

[SAMI ZAYN]
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! I INTRODUCE TO YOU, YOUR NEW REIGNING..... DEFENDING.... UNDISPUTED.... WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!!

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 C044651c05e737eea1230debc5c21727

[SAMI ZAYN]
SAMI *(bleep)* ZAYN!!!!!

[PAT MCAFFEE]

WHOAH! Good thing the backstage crew bleeped that! That would get us canceled.

[TOM HANAFAN]
At this point I'd rather us get canceled so I could go home.

Sami points directly to his stolen treasure, he flaunts his "hard-earned" Championship in front of everyone here tonight. He doesn't care what these "fans" think, in his mind he outlasted 4 other men and outsmarted the "former" World Champion to take what he felt he never somewhat lost in the first place.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 580e6d1c9f398ca4e9667248bf6eb1b3

Sami soaks in the "cheers" which are in fact, actually boos but he seems to be in such a delusional "bliss" that his twisted and skewed thought process makes him think everyone is cheering him. Sami can't help to just smile and enjoy his "moment".

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 3104e7ecb499981dbfb32a75e1ab45e2

[SAMI ZAYN]
You know, people doubted me. People doubted that I still had it, had the killer instinct and the drive to win the World Heavyweight Championship once again. I proved ALL of the doubters wrong last week when I DOMINATED 4 other men and won the Wolrd Title FAIR AND SQUARE mind you, the "Conspiracy theorists" will tell you I DIDN'T win. That I'm a "liar" and a "Thief" well GUESS WHAT PEOPLE! JET FUEL CAN MELT STEEL BEAMS AND I WON THIS TITLE FAIR AND SQUARE SO YOUR CONSPIRACIES MAKE NO SENSE!

[TOM HANAFAN]
I am in actual pain right now Pat...

Sami calms down and his smile returns, he wipes his beard and starts talking again

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Fd41475ed89b787592a2a15d1a72d286

[SAMI ZAYN]
BUT! This is a happy occasion! I'm the World Heavyweight Champion! I should be happy so, instead of getting upset about what some internet marks weirdos believe I wanted to name a few people that have helped me come this far.

Sami clears his throat and takes out what seems like a small list from his jacket pocket, he unfolds the list as the bottom of it drops to the floor. He takes out his glasses and puts them on as he gets ready to read.

[TOM HANAFAN]
oh no, there must be hundreds of names on that list....Can we go to commercial?

[PAT MCAFEE]

I'm with you Tom, this is ridiculous.

[SAMI ZAYN]
I would like to thank AJ Styles, for being my best friend and helping me get the courage I needed to get back on top. I want to thank Seth Rollins, Austin Theory and most importantly Drew McIntyre..... for being complete tools and making it insanely easy to outsmart them!

Sami cackles to himself, thinking he just told the worlds best joke. He wipes away tears and continues.

[SAMI ZAYN]
I want to thank fellow legends that have proved they're on par with the best in the world like me! Legends like Muhammid Ali

Instantly the arena ERUPTS in hate that Sami is even mentioning himself with Ali

[PAT MCAFFEE]

Uh Sami I don't think...

[SAMI ZAYN]
Kobe Bryant!

One fan in a "Kobe" memorial shirt tries to jump the barricade to which he's quickly caught by security, Sami chuckles to himself and waves bye to the fan being escorted out.

[TOM HANAFAN]
Sami is playing a dangerous game here...

[SAMI ZAYN]
And a personal favorite of mine, the man I wanted to grow up to be, but have sense surpassed and become greater at my craft than he EVER was! OWEN HART!

Sami INSTANTLY is nailed with trash as the words come out his mouth, furious Sami yells at the fans in attendance "I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF THEM, I'M STILL HERE BECOMING GREATER! I WILL BE REMEMBERED AS THE BEST!"

[PAT MCAFEE]

SOMEONE COME SHUT THIS CLOWN UP BEFORE I STEP IN THERE!

[TOM HANAFAN]
Pat sit down! Don't get involved! Sami isn't a pushover!

Sami takes the World Title in his hand and raises it into the air "I WILL BE THE GREATEST WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION IN HISTORY, THE GREATEST CHAMPION IN ANY SPOT EVER! I AM SAMI ZA-"

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 4de2352c5fe4ffab50ef5abbffa68fa9

As Sami's interrupted, it in at this moment...where hell, seems to freeze over. Because after the obnoxious display of our "fraud" Champion...the music belonging to the ACTUAL champion sounding, actually triggers a response that hasn't happened with this individual in a LONG time. A noticeable "pop" cuts through the boos that were once directed at Sami, as if Roode's arrival is actually something the crowd is happy to see. It's not loud, nor is it an entire arena creating it, but it is however far from the reaction that Roode's received since he infamously told this crowd to go to hell. Well, they seem to have indeed gone there, it appears to be cooling off.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode1

The REAL World Heavyweight Champion steps out from the back, showing up for the first time in a year without the one thing that has been right by his side the whole time, his title. No doubt seeing another man parade around with it is far from an ideal scenario for The Glorious One...but ultimately Sami can call himself Champion all he wants, it doesn't change the fact that HE is the actual one, and has been for a record-shattering long time.

[PAT MCAFEE]
Did you just hear that, Tom?

[TOM HANAFAN]
It was hard to miss, usually, his arrival leads to groans and jeers, but it seems Sami's stunt has actually managed to overshadow the long-standing hatred for Roode.

[PAT MCAFEE]
I don't know if that's entirely the case because that dude near the stage looks pretty miffed to see him, but for some members of The XWL Universe they just want SOMEONE to shut Sami up, and if Roode's here to do just that? Well then rah-rah let's go Roode says the fans popping up out of their seats!

While Roode isn't carrying his title thanks to Sami's grand larceny...he is in possession of a mic, something he soon raises up as he looks down to the ring with an irritated look plastered on his face.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode2

[[[Robert Roode]]]
Sami, Sami...will you please...SHUT...THE HELL...UP!!

There it goes again, the crystallized flakes of snow continue to fall on the depths of hell as cheers follow Roode's remark toward Sami....and, Roode almost pauses for perhaps a little longer than he intended to...perhaps it caught him off guard too?

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode4

[[[Robert Roode]]]
You're running your mouth, talking about being The World Heavyweight Champion just because you pulled a fast one last week, and honestly man...you're making a complete ass of yourself in the process. Your victory last week was impressive, I take nothing away from you for that, I sat front row and watched you cleverly duck and dodge until you picked your spots and while not everyone's willing to give you your flowers for how you fought, I for one saw a challenger that had the cunning mindset, as well as the skill to outlast every other man. It's a skill that's often overlooked, but Sami? I see you...I see the hunger, I see the desire to...redeem one's self.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode5

[[[Robert Roode]]]
Once upon a time ago, that was me. I was angry, I was hellbent on proving something, but you wanna know something Sami? My point was proven. I have been damn near untouchable for 600 some odd days, honestly, it's hard to keep track of it's been THAT long! And when I stepped into that ring with you, and looked you in your eyes and threw my hand out there as a sign of respect for what you had just accomplished? I saw that the comparisons ended right there. See, I may be slimy, I might not be everyone's cup of tea, but one thing I'm not...is delusional.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode6

[[[Robert Roode]]]
I never had to pretend to be Champion to get what I was OWED...I just had to be one thing, GLORIOUS! VICTORIOUS! OH SO NOTORIOUS! I called my shot, and one by one by, I knocked 'em all down until I was THE GUY! But you, you seem to think you can just bypass all of that, sneak away with MY title, a title that's had my name etched onto it for 365 DAYS...and what? That's it? You're Champion? Nah son, that's not gonna work for me, and unfortunately for you, playing make-believe doesn't make a Champion, it just makes you pathetic.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 466ec27063861df506f528f9af81b36e

Sami wipes his face in annoyance, shaking his head and mouthing the words "wrong" and "nope" to Roodes words

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode7

[[[Robert Roode]]]
The fact that I, of all people, am the voice of reason right now, shows that you have attained such a level of stench about you that it makes ME look good. The guy that told this crowd to go to hell back when all of this started for me...just interrupted you to cheers. A pop, if you will.

He looks to his left, then his right as some cheers continue to come in response to what he's saying. After shaking his head he refocuses back on the thief standing in the ring with HIS title.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode8

[[[Robert Roode]]]
See, they did it again...Sami, unfortunately for you...you lack the fortitude to mirror my success. So trust me when I say, this is not a road you want to continue to go down. You wanna talk about The Elimination Chamber robbing you of that title? My last two title reigns have had more multi-person defenses than anyone else, and guess what? I got the job done every single time. Hell, I LITERALLY just recently retained in a THREE STAGES OF HELL MATCH...with TWO challengers...a match where I didn't even have to play a part in the decision to lose my title, but guess what? Like every single other time, I WON! So maybe, instead of spouting off about conspiracies...you grow a pair and take a little accountability, huh?

It's almost unbelievable that right now, we find ourselves actually...agreeing with Roode. Who would have thought a mutual dislike for Sami Zayn could bring two sides together, but that's what we're witnessing right now. Roode is reading Sami the riot act, and saying the things we wish we had a mic and could say, so naturally...the usual hostility toward Roode would almost become an afterthought.

[[[Robert Roode]]]
You're so angry, but it's not at them or this company, it's at yourself. Because this moment is the only moment you can call yourself a Champion these days. And before you try to spin this into some shot of irony back at me, my downfall came because of them...

He yet again looks toward the audience, an audience that infamously rooted him on to defend his title in an Open Challenge in what feels like forever ago, and that night led to his downfall as he failed to overcome that challenge. After his silence carries for a few seconds he resumes his address to Sami.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode3

[[[Robert Roode]]]
But my rise back up came from me busting my ass harder than anyone else for a very long time now, to finally be able to stand here and say that all of that anger I once carried is gone. I did something last month that changed everything, I called my shot, for ME...and I rewrote my narrative. Hell, maybe even part of me actually is thankful for them almost leading me to the destruction of my career because what I've accomplished since then? Is truly a dream come true.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode12

[[[Robert Roode]]]
Now as for you? You better wake up from this warped reality you've cooked up for yourself before this moment turns into a nightmare for you. And trust me, Sami...I am the LAST enemy you want to make. Because as this audience can attest? My spite is LIMITLESS...and there is nothing I won't do to right a wrong against me. So take a deep breath, close your eyes...and imagine this "champ."

The level of disgust in Roode's tone as he says that word says everything...he doesn't have any respect to shower on Sami anymore. He was prepared to after last week's Main Event, but once Sami pulled this stunt and robbed him of the World Heavyweight Championship? A title he's given EVERYTHING to throughout every single day of his reign? Sami made a decision with lasting consequences, and coming out here as if HE is actually Champion? It just furthers the severity of those consequences.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode10

[[[Robert Roode]]]
My fists, pulverizing that oh-so punchable face of yours over and over until not only are you STILL NOT recognized as World Heavyweight Champion, you're rendered unrecognizable, period! Point blank, that's a threat and a hefty one at that...and yet again, this audience is my character witness...I might be a bastard, but I'm no liar. So the choice is yours, no conspiracy, just the cold hard truth of the matter. You can return what's mine, or I can come in there and take it from you. But as I just warned you, I won't be gentle about it. So what do you say, buckaroo? Let's end this charade before someone gets hurt, and again...in case I haven't made myself perfectly clear enough to break through the mental gymnastics currently going on in your mind right now? That someone is YOU!

Sami contemplates Bobby Roode's words, but for nothing more than a second as Sami lifts the mic to his mouth

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 1bab7c9289a02eb5a90cb08a5145e305

[SAMI ZAYN]
You really are stupid aren't you Bobby? I mean...do you REALLY think you're still the World Champion? Like, really? I won it last week FAIR AND SQUARE and it's not MY fault you didn't have the guts to step into that match and defend your Championship! If any one of us won that match we'd be World Champion in my eyes because unlike YOU, we don't take "A week off", unlike YOU we don't pander and beg to everyone to get what we want. Unlike YOU Bobby we don't just host an open challenge to some washed-up hypocrite that cried about "Dwanye" being a movie star then turns around and does the exact same thing. I'm here each and every week fighting TITANS while you're sitting in your damp and musty locker room all night instead of performing for these sheep like a TRUE World Heavyweight Champion would do! I AM THE CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE BOBBY! When I was World Champ I was out here EVERY night and I fought EVERY night, I dominated this Company until Dean Ambrose and a shitty GM stole everything from ME!!!

Sami rubs his temple, obviously having a migraine from the man that proclaims to still be the World Heavyweight Champion

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 95c7230c1d56289cc82adeddfc8ef2e1

[SAMI ZAYN]
I don't even know why I'm explaining ANYTHING to you, it's not like your inferior brain will even process what I'm trying to tell you. So allow me to put it in simple terms for you,  I. SAMI. ZAYN. AM. YOUR. WORLD. HEAVYWEIGHT. CHAMPION. I beat 4 other men to prove it and I'm SICK AND TIRED of people like YOU and the brainwashed masses telling me I'm NOT!

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 5ee8e2863672637ac7bb89bfa9626589

[SAMI ZAYN]
I outsmarted you, Robert. I know you don't want to admit it.....Sami Zayn outsmarted the Glorious...Victorious... and much like your brains processing speed OH SO LABORIOUS Bobby Roode but, I did! The man everyone doubted, the man EVERYONE stole the spotlight from since coming back to XWL and the man who TOOK the World Championship from you! I'M THE MASTER STRATEGIST, THE CHAMPION OF THE PEOPLE AND NOW I'M YOUR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! Now if you think you have what it takes to take down YOUR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION...then come on Robert, come take back "your" Championship.

The camera focuses back in on Roode as he stands not far from the ring, his eyes squinted as his face itself becomes scrunched inward. It's clear his brain is rather scrambled after hearing Sami's detailing of the events that in his mind has crowned him World Champion. With his hand gingerly falling over his forehead it slowly slides down until he tries to take a stab at responding to such, pure and utter nonsense.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode15

[[[Robert Roode]]]
Sami, honestly there's a part of me that feels almost bad for you right now, because it's clear the previous loss of that title has traumatized you...and rather instead of it making you bitter, it's also made you borderline insane...or perhaps a little OVER that border in some instances, such as this very one right now. But then the other part of me, the side that's painstakingly fought to make The World Heavyweight Championship into the end all be all that it has been for 365 days...that part of me finds this all a little irritating. In fact, it pisses me off because no matter how angry I've been over the wrongs against me...I never fabricated a single detail about my experience like you're trying to do right now. I fought for my revenge, for my retribution...and that Championship that you're touting about being yours? THAT is my revenge, that is my retribution, that is the narrative that has re-written all those painful memories.

With that said, he pauses, hopping up onto the apron as he stares at Sami, but his gaze moreso is aimed at HIS World Heavyweight Championship atop of Sami's podium. He begins to step into the ring, trying to restrain himself from following his first instinct which is to escalate things further.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode13

[[[Robert Roode]]]
I was in William Regal's office 2 weeks ago when he announced The FATAL FIVE WAY...ELIMINATION...NUMBER ONE CONTENDERS MATCH, WHERE THE WINNER...WOULD...NOT...BE THE WORLD CHAMPION...BUT INSTEAD, BE THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER TO FACE ME...THE WORLD CHAMPION...AT RESURGENCE! I don't know how your lines got crossed, but those are the facts, sorry for any confusion on your part...but no you didn't outsmart anyone...and the only one that's coming off "stupid" right now...is you.

Sami defiantly shakes his head, and immediately snatches "HIS" title off the podium not far from Roode and raises it up shouting "ITS MINE! I WON'T LET YOU TAKE IT FROM ME AGAIN!" to which Roode takes a step forward and again tries to maintain his composure.

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Roode14

[[[Robert Roode]]]
This is your last chance, let me have it...or else.

With a grin Sami nods to himself and says "okay...I'LL LET YOU HAVE IT!" he rushes forward with The World Heavyweight Championship folded within both hands and RAMS IT FORWARD TO INDEED LET ROODE HAVE IT...but not in the way he meant. Armed with Roode's title, utilizing it as a weapon he's prepared to add insult to injury by striking the actual Champion with his title but The Glorious One ducks...almost expecting such resistance without skipping a beat hooks Sami's head for The Glorious DDT! The crowd again lets out a "pop" excited by what's about to happen...but Sami squirms free, the title falling to the mat in the process as he flees the ring instinctively perhaps unaware he's lost possession of "his" title. Roode immediately picks the title up, and stares at it with almost relief to have it back in his hands...then as Sami shouts from the outside to put "his" title down...Roode simply nods, tossing it over his shoulder and he picks up one of the microphones that had fallen in their momentary scuffle.

[[[Robert Roode]]]
You know what, Sami? IF you want this title so badly? Then take it from me, right here...right now...WE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL RESURGENCE!

As if this crowd couldn't feel even more conflicted, the once minority cheers have grown a bit louder as Roode's just thrown the gauntlet down and offered to have an impromptu clash for The World Heavyweight Championship RIGHT NOW! Sami begins to nod to himself erratically "YOU WANNA GO TOUGH GUY? ALRIGHT, LET'S DO IT PUNK!" The crowd begins to get louder, realizing tonight's Main Event has just grown exponentially into a WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH! He begins removing his jacket, unbuttoning it then slipping it off his shoulders until it's in his hands. He pulls at his bowtie, loosening it as he marches in place, shouting "YOU'RE GONNA GET IT NOW!" Then with absolute confidence, he hops up onto the apron as Roode himself has begun pulling away at his buttons and as he's about to step through the ropes...he stops himself and throws his blazer into Roode's face and makes an immediate u-turn storming up the ramp to a LARGE reception of boos from the disappointed crowd.

Roode pulls the jacket off of himself holding it in his hand, as his title rests in his other looking to the crowd with a shared disappointment over Sami's rejection to his proposal.

[PAT MCAFEE]
The World Heavyweight Championship has been returned to its rightful holder, but these two have sure set the stage for what might be a crazy month ahead until Resurgence.

[TOM HANAFAN]
Interestingly enough, I found myself rooting for Roode...

[PAT MCAFEE]
I heard some of the audience finding themselves doing the same thing, maybe it's a one-off or maybe this is indeed a different Robert Roode we're seeing.

[TOM HANAFAN]
Sami Zayn seems to be convinced last week was a Championship Match...so I can only begin to wonder how he'll react to "his" title now falling into the hands of Roode.

[PAT MCAFEE]
He had a chance to settle this, Big Bobby Roode was prepared to do this right here, right now but Sami threw his jacket at him and said nah.

[TOM HANAFAN]
Well they WILL settle this at Resurgence when they clash in our Main-Event but I have a feeling the road to that night will be paved with more outlandish behavior from our Number One Contender, Sami Zayn.

[PAT MCAFEE]
The outlandish Sami Zayn is out to finally claim his revenge after the way his last reign as World Champion ended, but unfortunately for him...he's going to have to topple perhaps the greatest man to ever carry that title, the only Superstar to hold it for A STRAIGHT YEAR! But I'd dare say Roode's not had to contend with a wildcard like Sami throughout that year, so perhaps that may be the key to ending the seemingly unendable reign.

[TOM HANAFAN]
Perhaps indeed, thank you ladies and gentlemen for tuning in to tonight's edition of Octane...we'll see you next week when The Razror Classic kicks off as we begin the journey to crown an Intercontinental Champion!

The final sight of the evening is Robert Roode raising his World Heavyweight Championship into the air as he mounts the corner, as Sami's golden jacket is draped over his shoulder shouting "SAMI ZAYN CAN SAY THIS IS HIS ALL HE LIKES, BUT THE PROOF IS IN THE LAST 365 DAYS THAT I HAVE CARRIED THIS TITLE!" A defiant statement, but one that also stresses that no matter how much Sami said it, simply stealing this title didn't change a single thing except maybe how the XWL Universe has begun to view Roode.

END OF SHOW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22   XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Octane: 6/29/22 — 7/23/22
Page 1 of 1