Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Empty
PostSubject: XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor.   XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:27 am

Quick Search (Use Ctrl+F)
[S1] Archives
[S2] Overview
[S3] Spotlight
[S4] Feud Updates
[S5] Diva’s Corner
[S6] Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
[S7]Interview
[S8] Superstar Rankings
[S9] The Stars Speak Out
[S10] Wrap Up

[S1]Archives
Missed an old newsletter? Want to re-read an old article? Catch up here!
9/23/11, 10/2/11, 5/13/12, 5/20/12, 5/27/12

[S2]Overview
After a great pay per view, XWL is looking to move on from Unforgiven so we can see the Aftermath of some of the things that went down. Rock won himself a world title match, but with the controversy surrounding the McGillicutty/DiBiase finish will he wait before inserting himself into the title picture? Maryse alsi has a chance to finally get in on some Divas title action after winning the Case, but will she be able to with Kharma lurking about? Christian made use of his one more match, and defeated Davey Richards for the Intercontinental championship but The American Wolf isn’t going to lie down and let Captain Charisma run off with his belt. We also Randy Orton attack his own father to get in Undertaker’s head and Triple H get fired for not putting his get out of jail free card to good use. There’s definitely plenty of entertainment given during Unforgiven that I hope carries over to Breakdown and Redemption.

[S3]Spotlight: The Ref did Daniel Bryan a favor.
………. I’d bet my left sneaker that somewhere in the world Daniel Bryan tried to eat his weight in veggie burgers to ease the pain of defeat and perhaps even cried himself to sleep after memories of how he was so close to getting out of that submission flooded his brain and haunted his dreams. But this isn’t a time to feel upset, to kick yourself while you’re down or to threaten the well-being of a Referee.

……….No, Daniel Bryan should have spent the days after that loss rejoicing and thanking his vegan gods that he didn’t win the United States championship, at least not from Shawn Michaels, because short-term, yeah, it would have been great to be able to call himself an XWL champion, but losing this match was the best case scenario for the long haul. I would have warned Daniel Bryan in an earlier spotlight article but I was just so eager to get my SuperShow ideas out into the open (it was worth a shot, right?) that I never got around to it, but hey, it looks like things worked out for the better regardless.

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. VCueq
Robbed or saved?

………. Whether that Referee knows it or not, he saved Daniel Bryan’s career when he stunted its growth by keeping a championship belt out of his trophy case for the time being. Sometimes even when you lose you win, and even though some of you may feel that it’s way too early to be talking about how this match could have played a key part in the development of Daniel Bryan’s career, I feel that it would have been too late to talk about it if Daniel Bryan had actually won. What I’m getting at has nothing to do with Daniel Bryan at all actually, but everything to do with the United States Champion, Shawn Michaels, and the effect he’s had on people’s careers.

………. To put it simply, The Showstopper, The Main Event, Mr. Final Stand, The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels… is a poison. This article isn’t me ragging on Michaels, because you can’t take away from the things he’s been able to accomplish during his lengthy run in this company. But it’s at the expense of others that he’s been able to what he has done and continues to do. I have no problems bringing to light the way he’s been scarily able to effectively damage or ruin the careers of the people who have gone against him, and regardless of whether they’ve won or lost, few have managed to survive an encounter with Michaels (those who have probably didn’t have careers worth mentioning regardless, so you can’t blame HBK for that). That’s not me talking nonsense, it’s history this picture for us to inerpret, and history makes me believe that Bryan needs to call it a day on this feud with Michaels and let some other poor sap try to get the belt off Shawn. Bryan’s been lucky to make it this far; he shouldn’t test fate.

……….During Shawn Michael’s record breaking 14 month run with the Intercontinental Championship Reign, two men of note come to mind when thinking of those that have tried their hand at ending Shawn’s legendary reign: Chavo Guerrero and William Regal. Chavo Guerrero was off to a hot start surprising everyone by actually giving a damn about being XWL and not being the flop that people assumed he would be. Eventually his time came to have a go a Shawn Michaels, and for those not up to date on their history: Chavo lost. Chavo lost and though things looked promising for a little while when the Mexican Warrior went on to win the Money in the bank briefcase, it was taken away from him by Jack Swagger and Chavo hasn’t really been back at the winning level since, much less gotten a shot at a championship. Can Shawn Michaels be fully blamed for Chavo’s downfall? I guess not, but he definitely killed the momentum Chavo had that he hasn’t been able to build back up since.

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Chavo-guerrero
HBK cooled down Chavo’s hot start in XWL.

……….Then you have William Regal the man who was actually able to defeat the Heartbreak Kid and take away the championship and was definitely one of the biggest upsets we’ve seen in the history of this company. And if we were to compare Daniel Bryan with specifically one person from HBK’s past, Regal would be that man if Daniel Bryan had actually won. Sure a victory ending one of Michael’s historic reigns sounds great on paper and but is it really that good for your career? Instead of Regal riding the big-ass wave of momentum that he should have had after picking up a win like that, he went down with a whimper like one of Ted DiBiase’s groupies and he hasn’t made a sound since. Regal will always be remembered for ending a reign not for what he did during his own reign, because he didn’t do anything. Bryan could have fallen down the same path because as evidenced by the downfall of Regal, sometimes even beating Shawn Michaels has its consequences.

………. But there doesn’t even have to be a championship involved for Shawn Michaels’ curse to leave its mark on you. Look at Cody Rhodes and what he’s been doing since that feud ended. He tried forming his own little gang in Resistance which flopped then tried running Breakdown… which flopped. Now he’s in a feud with Zack Ryder, a man he’s claimed isn’t on his level, yet Cody’s been bested time and time again. Rhodes has just been around lately, and the fact that he’s been going insane is showing how this funk has been getting to him.

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. 1-16
There’s the face of a man who simply doesn’t give a damn what happens to your career.

……….Even recent history with Shawn Michael’s current reign as US Champ shows us that this curse theory isn’t that far off. Curt Hawkins and Mason Ryan can be thrown on the Chavo Guerrero boat because they had all this momentum heading into their match with Shawn Michaels but then they lost and haven’t quite been the same again. Hawkins wasn’t seen for a while until he popped up on Breakdown, tried to be CM Punk-lite and got himself fired. Mason hadn’t lost 15+ matches in a row, and even beat Shawn Michaels himself for one of those wins. But that lost could have been Shawn Michaels peppering up Mason with his voodoo or whatever the hell he does to people because Ryan didn’t stand a chance the second time around, and now he’s on Breakdown trying to get people to care about him.

……….The proof is in the facts found in the history books: bad things seem to happen to the people that go toe to toe with Shawn Michaels. And the HBK curse can be seen in the same light as the Madden Curse (you know the one where the athletes who appear on the game cover have a bad season afterwards) in that they can’t be necessarily blamed, but you can’t help but be a little weary. Daniel Bryan had his one encounter already and Unforgiven was the second time around, but he may not get so lucky the third time around.

[S4]Feud Updates
Who’s been getting on each other’s nerves lately?
XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Breakd
Johnny Curtis vs. A Contract
Curtis can’t seem to catch a break and once again after asking Vickie Guerrero he was denied the opportunity to get a contract. Will we ever see him in an XWL ring?

Kevin Steen vs. XWL
Steen was fired and Corino was arrested after Steen’s theme blasted through the speakers? What is going on here?

Joey Ryan vs. AJ Styles
Ryan got the best of Styles in their title match so does he have The Phenomenal One beat?

Shawn Michaels vs. Daniel Bryan
The Heartbreak Kid made Daniel tap to his own submission, but was the self-proclaimed modern wrestler truly robbed?

CM Punk vs. The Rock & Vince McMahon
Punk nearly won his freedom but Vince was having none of that? What does The StraightEdge Superstar have to do to get away from The Corporation?

Alex Shelley vs. Chris Jericho
Shelley and Jericho decided to have a quick chat instead of finishing their match and they were both attacked. What does this mean for these two men?

Alex Riley vs. Kane
After nearly having his career ended, Alex Riley came back to defeat The Big Red Monster in an intense and brutal match. But was that the last match between these two?

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemp1
Kid Kash vs. Chavo Guerrero
Kash returned at Unforgiven and delivered a devastating Money Maker and allegedly nearly ran Chavo down in the parking lot. How will Chavo react on Redemption?

Austin Aries vs. Ezekiel Jackson
This match didn’t happen at Unforgiven. Was Aries afraid he wouldn’t be able to back up his talk? Or is Jackson not as tough as we thought?

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker
Orton sacrificed his father to get at Taker and then snapped getting himself DQ’ed when he couldn’t put The Deadman away. Who will strike the next major blow?

Christian vs. Davey Richards
Christian showed that he isn’t just all talk by defeating The American Wolf. But Davey isn’t going to go down without a fight.

Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
Triple H couldn’t make it to the arena and ended up getting fired by Laurinitis. Is it really game over?

[S5]Diva’s Corner
Quick peak at what the Divas have been up to.
XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. A2Tjg
*Maxine is back from therapy and ready to make an impact to show that you don’t need to be a slut to be successful. She’s been on a roll so far, who will be able to slow her down?

*Maryse captured the Miss Money in the Bank Briefcase by pinning Madison Rayne, but Kharma made her presence felt again and Maryse’s shot at the Diva’s title could be in jeopardy.

*Layla cheated her way to a victory, but Eve wasn’t having any of that and went crazy after their match. Can Layla keep ducking Eve, or will Eve be holding the title sooner rather than later?

*Kaitlyn was able to put away Michelle McCool in way that left McCool fuming. Will McCool be able to recover and get Kaitlyn back?

[S6]Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
The top ten stories that have been floating about the water cooler.
Gone but not Forgotten
Triple H has been fired and The Game is reported to be still in jail and is being held without bond after incredibly unnecessary and questionable charges were filed against him.

John Cena was also heard to be ‘ready to take a break’ after losing his triple threat match. Is the leader of the CeNation really on his way out?

Ref In Danger
The Referee that made contact with the XWL 15 medal Joey Ryan keeps in his trunks was reportedly taken to the hospital after coming down with an unknown illness.

Saving Face
Dolph Ziggler was heard saying that he wasn’t jailed as we originally reported, but sources close to Ziggler tell us he was bailed out on the night before Unforgiven by a person believed to be Vickie Guerrero which explains their relationship?

It is being reported that to save the integrity of Breakdown, Mick Foley had Steve Corino taken undisclosed location where he is being bribed to keep the nature of the Kevin Steen firing under wraps.

Hitman for Hire?
We’re getting reports that the man who attacked Kurt Angle may have been the same nearly run down Chavo Guerrero. More on this story as we get word.

Money=Happiness?
He have word that Ted DiBiase may have paid off Madison Rayne to get Maryse her briefcase. When we tried to get a hold of Madison we were told she is on her way to The Carribbean.

Kharma Jealous
Could Kharma’s obsession with Maryse stem for her love for Ted? We’re not completely sure, but this could be the answer to our questions.

Has Roddy piped his last pipe?
After McIntyre’s attack on Rowdy Roddy Piper, we are hearing that Piper may make a return to get his revenge on the chosen one.

The Third Wheel
We’ve received a tip that Daniel Bryan and AJ tried to get together after Daniel Bryan’s lost, but an unknown third party caused the plans to fall through.

[S7]Interview:
Got in a quick word with Brock Lesnar. Boy is this one angry fellow.
Interviewer: So Brock, Triple H is gone thanks to you. Anybody else you want to get fired while you're at it?

Brock Lesnar: I didn't want to get Triple H fired. I wanted him to stick around so I could expose him further as the ass-kisser and no-talent loser that he is. He got himself fired the moment he set foot on my property and put my family at risk. But I can't say I'm upset he's gone. Now my family can sleep safe at night knowing that he's out of our lives forever and career-wise I won't have to put up with his backstage politics anymore.

Interviewer: But what about his family? Their breadwinner is out of a job now, don't you care about how your actions affected their wellbeing?

Brock Lesnar: His family? You mean the billionaires? I don't think they're too strapped for cash And at least his children know exactly what kind of a man their father is now that he's locked away. He's a criminal and a mindless thug.

Interviewer: Do your children know of the bully you've become since returning to Redemption? I mean you're not the easiest guy to get along with.

Brock Lesnar: I'm not a bully. But you're right, I'm not the easiest guy to get along with. Because I don't like people. People annoy me. People like you, with your stupid questions. My children and family are the only people I care about in this world, and if you want to try and bring them into this, and to make me out to be the bad guy, then this interview is over.

Interviewer: Hey man I'm just trying to ask the questions people want the answers to, like are you afraid that Triple H will find a way to come back to get revenge?

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Brock-lesnar2

Brock Lesnar: Afraid? I'm never afraid. Look into my eyes and tell me I'm afraid. That's what I thought. You're not man enough. I suggest you stop trying to make me out to be the bad guy or the coward or I'll snap your tiny little neck. But to answer your question, there isn't any way Triple H can come back. John Laurinaitis is the Executive Vice President Of Talent Relations. He's in charge of hiring and firing guys and he knows just how big of a liability Triple H is. It's not good for the public image to hire someone who is a violent criminal. There isn't any way we'll see Triple H back in XWL.

Interviewer: I don't ever remember seeing you like this, Brock. Was it your time away from wrestling that made you so aggressive, so violent, so … angry?

Brock Lesnar: My time away from wrestling has only made me a better person and a better competitor. I was knocking guys out, day in and day out while in the UFC. I've always been an agressive person in the ring because I don't have any respect at all for my opponents. The moment you show an ounce of respect for someone, you show some weakness. But I have no weakness. And I'm not an angry person. You're just annoying me with your dumbass questions. Are you even qualified to do this job? I haven't seen you around before. Are you new here? I suggest you start showing me some respect.

Interviewer: Yes, Brock I'm qualified, I graduated with a degree and everything. I'm not looking to upset you, just trying to get you to open up a bit more. You never seem to talk about anything other than trying to hurt people. Why is that? Surely there's someone in this company that you have at least one nice thing to say about.

Brock Lesnar: Whoever manages the paychecks does their job well. I've always had my pay on time which is a first.

Interviewer: Maybe it's your connection with John Laurinaitis that inspires them to do their job well and keep you happy so that they don't lose it. What's the deal with you two anyway?

Brock Lesnar: John Laurinaitis is a wise man. He knows that I'm the biggest star in this company and that I've been mistreated by the other so-called "authority figures" in XWL for some time. He's been helping me recently with removing obstacles in my way to that spot. Soon enough though - maybe sooner than you think - big things will start to happen for the first time in my XWL career.

Interviewer: So you haven't been using him to get what you want? Because that's what people have been sa--

Brock Lesnar: Using him? No. He recognizes talent. That's why he's in charge of contracts. People can say whatever they like but it's not true. John Laurinaitis realizes that I have the potential to make this company a lot of money, in the same way I've made other companies a lot of money. It's just that I've been mistreated and misused for years by the monkeys running this place. It's taken until now for him to step up and do something about it because he too has been held back by management until recently.

Interviewer: So with this new alliance do you feel that your road to a championship is now that much easier?

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Brock_lesnar_interviews_02

Brock Lesnar: It's always been easy. I've just never had the opportunities. Those were gift-wrapped for guys who sucked up to management like Triple H. Nobody on this roster to compares to me. Just look at this past Pay-Per-View. Ted Dibiase vs Michael McGillicutty in the main event for the World title. That's the best this company can offer? Two guys riding on their father's coat-tails and names to success. They're about as talented as I was in fifth grade. Put me in the ring with either of them, and you'll see what a main event calibre guy is supposed to look like. But of course, that won't happen right now. They're the prized poster boys who are untouchable. But I'll get my chance someday. You'll see.

Interviewer: Did you watch the world title match? It was pretty good... not as good as yours of course.

Brock Lesnar: No I didn't see it. I don't waste my time watching other people wrestle. I'd rather spend my time on making myself better. Every match I'm in is the highlight of the night. Unforgiven was no different.

Interviewer: How do you go about doing things like making yourself better and preparing for matches? Do you do things like study tapes of your opponent so you can give yourself the advantage heading into a match?

Brock Lesnar: Are you even listening to me? I said I don't waste my time watching other people wrestle. I spend my entire time training and improving myself. You're welcome to be my sparring partner sometime to get first-hand experience of how I train if you want to. I'd love to kick the crap out of you. Otherwise, shut your mouth and ask more questions.

Interviewer: You know Brock, that sounds fun and all, but I'm going to have to decline. But you don't really spend all your time training do you? Don't you spend time with your family or you know... relax?

Brock Lesnar: Of course I do. But what's it to you? Why do you care about my personal life?

Interviewer: Well I mean the fans out there just want to get to know more about you and what you do when you're not wrestling. Or do the fans annoy you too?

Brock Lesnar: I thought I'd made it clear already that I don't care about the fans. I don't care what they think of me, and I don't care what they want to know about me.

Interviewer: I don't get you Brock, there has to be a part of you way deep down inside that actually cares about someone other than yourself.

Brock Lesnar: I care about myself, my family and money. That's all I care about. Why can't you understand that? Are you stupid?

Interviewer: I probably am for thinking you were actually a decent human being.

Under his breath.

Where's Triple H when you need him?

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. ScreenShot26

Brock Lesnar: What did you say?

Interviewer: I said what do you think Triple H doing now that he can't wrestle in XWL?

Brock Lesnar: He's in jail. Where he belongs. Once he's out who cares? He won't be coming back to XWL. I hope he ends up like one of those washed up has-been guys grasping at straws trying to make a living in front of crowds of 50 people. That's what he deserves. But his family are billionaires so he'll probably sit on his lazy ass for the rest of his life. Either way, I hope his life is ruined.

Interviewer: While your life is as great as it's ever been, correct?

Brock Lesnar: No, it's not. Another stupid question. I've been UFC champion and WWE champion. Making millions each year. Am I champion right now? Am I making millions each year? Think before you speak.

Interviewer: I think I should end this interview before you decide to hurt me. It was a pleasure, Brock, we definitely have to do this again sometime.

Brock Lesnar: No, I'll get someone else to do it.

[S8]Power 15
1) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Breakdownshawnmichaels (38 )
Shawn Michael’s title defense and stellar promo catapults him into the number one spot this week.

2) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptionteddibiase (32.5)
DiBiase’s DQ loss hurts his positioning this week, but his solid pre-match promo keeps him in the top three.

3) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptionrandyorton (32)
Orton hurt his ranking by getting himself disqualified, but the Viper probably feels it was worth it.

4) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Breakdowndaniel (31)
Daniel Bryan couldn’t get the big win over Shawn Michaels, but after a controversial ending, he may get one more match.

5) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Xwlredemptionmichaelmcg (29)
McGillicutty didn’t get the win he wanted but his performance at the PPV was good enough for a top 5 spot.

6) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptionmaryse (27)
Maryse got the case from Madison, and barely got away from Kharma again but how long can she keep avoiding her?

7) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptionbrocklesnar (21.5)
Lesnar got Triple H fired after putting out an intense promo. Who’s next and what’s next on his list?

8 ) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptioncody (16.5)
Once again Cody let Zack Ryder get a best of him, but you have to think that the Dashingly Insane One will catch a break eventually.

9) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptionundertaker (16)
Taker got the win against Orton but wasn’t able to walk away on his on two feet. Is this the end of The Deadman?

-) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptionchristian (16)
Christian’s big title win gets him just inside the top 10 for the week, and it seems that he has nowhere to go but up now.

11) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptionjohnmorrison (15.5)
Morrison was nowhere to be seen this week at Unforgiven and that hurts his positioning.

12) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Breakdownkassiusohno (12.5)
Kassius didn’t get the Xtreme Title, but he made it clear that he was going to learn from the loss and better himself.

13) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptionchavoguerrero (12)
Chavo couldn’t get the win against Del Rio, but he the game he spit before the match helps him move up.

14) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Breakdowncmpunk (11)
Punk lost in the triple threat thanks to Vince and Rock and they continue to hold him back in the rankings.

15) XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. DQfwy (10)
Kurt Angle wasn’t well enough to compete, but he was certainly well enough to talk his trash and that gets him in the top 15.

[S9]The Stars Speak Out
XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptionrandyorton
As Randy Orton is being dragged backstage after his brutal war with the Undertaker, the fearless owner of the XWL newsletter chases after the six security guards trying to constrain him before shouting, "Hey Randy, Randy Orton. How do you think you performed in your match up?" Orton lets out another huge war cry as he almost lunges towards the innocent interviewer but luckily for him security pounce on the situation defusing it as Orton is dragged down the hall showing no signs of calming down what so ever...

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptioncody
[Ed]
Cody, do you have a minute?

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Normal_004

*Cody keeps on walking past Ed.*

[Ed]
Cody, can I get your thoughts on your performance at Unforgiven for this week's Newsletter?

*Cody finally turns around.*

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Normal_005
[Cody Rhodes]
Did Zack Ryder leave walking?

[Ed]
No.

[Cody Rhodes]
Then I did pretty damn good.

*Cody walks away from Ed as the shot fades out.*

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Redemptionxtremezack
Zack on Unforgiven : Post Zack Ryder vs. Kassius Ohno

Zack Ryder: C'mon bro, are you serious? How do you think my pay-per-view went? It's still going on bro! I still got a match later tonight, but so far so good. I showed Kassius Ohno exactly why I'm the X-Treme champion, and later tonight I show Cody Rhodes just why the Ryder Revolution can't be stopped, and I'm going to put a fist sized hole in his face. Woo Woo Woo, You know it!

Post-Cody

Zack Ryder: So the Doctors say Cody Rhodes pulled my arm out of it's socket, and I could be out of action for a few weeks. Are you serious? How am I supposed to drink Bud Light Lime-a-Rita's and Fist Pump with only one good arm? And to make things worse I find out that Asstag Heel is backstage? This should of been one of the best nights in my career, but instead I end up on the shelf. Although my dad Mister Ryder always told me to look of the bright side, and even though the bright side isn't easy to find right now, I guess me not being able to wrestle means I have more time to make sure Cody Rhodes pays for what he did to me after the match, and once my arms healed, I'm going to take it and fist pump his face!

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Breakdownrock
[The Rock]
How did The Rock do in his match up? Well let's just put that question into perspective, two men. Number one, John Cena, Mr You Can't Shee Me! Leader of the breakfast club, top of the board on six different kinds of federal lists, a walking mascot for an anti-men campaign! Number two, CM Punk, the man with more faces than Vince McMahons ass has printed into it, the man who has less testicular fortitude than a four year old girl and last but not least the man who rides on the fact that he's not afraid to speak his mind like it's some kind of damn super power, ooohhh The Rock isn't afraid to tie his shoelaces but he doesn't put it on a billboard! Now both of these Jabronis hate The Rock very much, very much but still, still The Rock defied all odds on his own and came up out on top! Now...now The Rock has got a World Heavyweight Championship shot anytime he wants! Hell he could stroll down to the ring right now and include himself in the Ted DiBiase and Michael McGillicutty match, but that would be too easy and you people don't deserve a Champion like The Rock! Not yet! So when the time is right...you better be ready because The Rock is gonna bring it!

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Breakdownshawnmichaels
Shawn Michaels: How did my pay-per-view go? Why don't you look at my United States championship and tell me how it went? I beat Daniel Bryan just like I said I would and I proved to the world that he doesn't belong in the same arena as me let alone in my league. And I did it with his own move, he can complain about his hand being under the ropes all he likes because at the end of the day he didn't get the job done. Excuses are like assholes, everybody’s got one, but nobody wants to hear it, the kid needs to just own up and admit he got beat by the better man, the best man, the Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels. And when he goes off to his $15 a night Motel on the outskirts of town cradling in his single bed with Mitch I hope he thinks it over. Because on Breakdown I'm going to go down to that ring and I'm calling him out, and want him to look me in the eyes and tell me what I want to hear. I want him to tell me that I'm the best, I beat him clean and fair in the middle of the ring and I want him the apologise to me and wasting my time on him all of those years ago when he came to me for training. But most importantly I want him to tell me he respects me for being the absolute best in this business. Now stick that on your little newsletter.

Next week’s question:
Answer any you please:
Should Michael McGillicutty have cashed in?
Are you championship material?
Are you happy with your status in XWL?
Do you appreciate the fans?
Are you the best in the world (at what you do)?

[S10] Wrap Up
I’ll throw in the ol’: if you ever want to do your own spotlight article, want to be interviewed, or have an idea for a new section let me know. That pay per view was awesome great job to everyone involved and shout outs to Adam, for reviewing everything with me and to Red for the last second interview. And as a thank you to Adam I will post his first ever promo here:

Adam wrote:
The lights are out in the arena, until a spotlight appears in the ring, with Triple H standing in the center of the ring.

Triple H: On SmackDown!, it was announced that the main event of Starrcade will be a Triple Threat match.

Let's start with Edge, he's been a top dog since he has came here, he went through allot to earn his title shot and I respect that.

Now onto John Morrison, we had some battles recently and we've both gotten the best of each other and I look forward to facing him again.

Triple H gets out of the ring and starts walking around the ring

He confronts a young fan

Triple H: So, little boy...Who do you want to win in the Triple Threat at Starrcade. John Morrison, Edge, or Triple H?

Little Boy: John Morrison!

He stares at the child, moving onto an older fan

Triple H: He's just a kid, he doesn't know whats good for him... Big man, Who do you want to win?

Older fan: Edge, Edge all the way. Rated R Superstar to win! Yeah!

He starts getting aggrovated and paces back and forth

Triple H: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!? YOU DUMBASSES WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TRUE TALENT WAS IF IT HIT YOU IN THE FACE.

He slowly walks around the ring, ripping up a fan's 'John Morrison' sign. Fan stands up and stares down Triple H

Triple H: You better sit the hell down, tough guy. We all know you aren't going to do sh**.

He gets back into the ring and stares right into the camer

Triple H: At the end of the day, I've got the body, I've got the ability, I've got the talent and I've got the brains. It's only days before I Will become the next World Heavyweight Champion because I am the Game, and I am that...damn...good! Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock......

He drops the mic and leaves the ring, to thunderous boo's from the fans. He turns before exiting the stage and smirks, then leaves...
Back to top Go down
MicksterG951
Mid Card
MicksterG951

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor.   XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:44 am

I'll admit, I was a little scared at what the article was going to be like judging from the title, but after reading it over, I really enjoyed it. You brought up a lot of good points and history, and it was really well done. Fued updates and rumors, ( 'specially that Bryan/AJ/??? one), and I'm only dropped one spot so I've got nothing to complain about. Oh yeah, and Lesnar was cool for the interview. Great job Krzy!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/MicksterG951

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor.   XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:59 am

fuck yea Im on the power 15! How does the system for that work again? Are the points a weekly thing or does it add up over time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor.   XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Just wanna say fair play to Krzy again for all of his hard work going into the newsletter, the article on HBK was very interesting and brought up a lot of history for those who don't know. It was very informative and your style of writing made it enjoyable to read. The interview with Brock was great too, Brock came off as a stone cold hearted son of a bitch. The news bits and feud summaries are fun additions to read weekly, I hope you keep doing this.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor.   XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Brock is such a dick. AJ Lee Random
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor.   XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Lost my match, still went up 2 spots fuck yea
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor.   XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:42 pm

The Jerry wrote:
fuck yea Im on the power 15! How does the system for that work again? Are the points a weekly thing or does it add up over time?

Adds up over time.

0-No Show
1-Loss
2-Multi-man Loss
3-Draw/No Contest
4-DQ/Countout win
5-Win
6-Multi-man win
7-#1 Contender
8-Title Retain
9-Beat Champ
10-Title Win
+
0-5 Promo
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor.   XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Newsletter Review

Once again you've outdone yourself with this newsletter Krzy, When I read the spotlight at first I was apprehensive because I had no idea what the hell you were talking about but after reading it all through it was actually a really great read with some points that made me never want to feud with Bang. The interview with Brock was done last minute but you could never tell as it was put together well and was awesome to read, Brock Lesnar really is a dick and It's always fun to read his stuff and find yourself hating him. The rankings is something that I've complained about this league missing ever since I was a little noob feuding with Seme trying to get a break at FS3 and it's really really awesome and selfless of you to actually start it, keep track of it and even add in comments for each person proving that you read and follow EVERYTHING. The feud round ups are also a great thing for people who don't. Also well done to everyone who sent in answers and to those who haven't been doing it, c'mon son, it takes like 3 minutes for a paragraph to be fired out you're only answering a question. Also had a good laugh at Adams first promo, overall it's perfect and I hope that you keep it up every week, <3 you Krzy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor.   XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Newsletter 6/3: The Ref Did Daniel Bryan a Favor.
Page 1 of 1