Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Empty
PostSubject: XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super.   XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Quick Search (Use Ctrl+F)
[S1] Archives
[S2] Overview
[S3] Spotlight
[S4] Feud Updates
[S5] Diva’s Corner
[S6] Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
[S7]Interview
[S8] Superstar Rankings
[S9] The Stars Speak Out
[S10] Wrap Up

[S1]Archives
Missed an old newsletter? Want to re-read an old article? Catch up here!
9/23/11, 10/2/11, 5/13/12, 5/20/12

[S2]Overview
Unforgiven is here folks! And this pay ver view is looking mighty fine and you can’t help but expect greatness and to feel like you’ve gotten way more than your money’s worth when things are all said and done. We’ve all heard the insults, and the threats and we’ve seen the fights and the brawls and now it’s time to see which who will be able to put their money where their mouth is and step up when it matters. Will Alex Riley avenge getting set on fire? Will Triple H make it to the arena? Who is the better between CM Punk, John Cena and The Rock? And which championships will change hands tonight? These are the questions we’re dying to know the answers to, and I don’t know about you but I got my snacks, and an empty bottle ready and I’m definitely not going anywhere until the show is over.

[S3]Spotlight: Let’s Make SuperShows Super.
………. I know you’ve seen it and experienced it, and I know you just can’t stand it. I’m talking about the lull in the first hour of Breakdown and Redemption where it seems as though producers still haven’t figured out how to properly allocate match and promo time properly and evenly throughout the two hours these shows run. Almost without fail the first hours of both shows tend to drag with little happening in long periods of time. Because of that, we the viewers are forced to watch them kill time with boring conversations between commentators or unnecessarily lengthy commercial breaks where you have enough time to cook a three course meal, bang your girlfriend, take a shower and somehow still manage to catch which phone company is offering the best deal on two year plans. But then in that second hour something inexplicable…dare I say magical happens. Just when you’re about to call it a show, things begin to pick up steam and the show suddenly becomes interesting and entertaining again. There are no more dead spots, just action and drama and comedy and a dash of romance crammed so tightly into that hour that it’s all over before you realize it and you’re forced to put your DVR or Youtube to good use so you can properly take in and digest everything that was shoved down your throat.

………. But this article isn’t really about solving the issue of the “second hour rush,” as many people call it, that these shows have been prone to lately. That’s more or less a side effect of having a second brand and it’s a problem that may have to solve itself. This article is here to encourage the big guys at XWL to capitalize on the change of pace that SuperShows offer because if these big shows can go over well, then hopefully the momentum can carry over into the smaller Redemption and Breakdown shows where we can get great TV throughout the entire show, not just the second half.

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Xwllogo21
Are more SuperShows the answer to XWL’s problem? Or will it make things worse? Is there even a problem at all?

……….Up until now SuperShows have been used sparingly, almost as an afterthought really. I guess sometimes XWL can’t come up with anything better to do for the week so they just go “Hey, it’s the week before Bad Blood! Let’s throw all these sons of bitches on one show and see what happens!” SuperShows need to become more than that, you don’t surprise people and let them know that there’s a pay-per-view the next day. You tell them in advance and sell them on the PPV and hype them up for it. The same needs to be done for SuperShows, and I’m not saying they need to be as big as PPVs but they definitely could go a long way into generating some needed interest into the product.

……….Of course this is just a lowly newsletter and I don’t expect a gazllion dollar franchise to take my advice, but hey, both Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton mentioned us on air, so maybe there’s someone out there reading this and taking notes. (Congratulations on getting your match by the way, Orton. I still think you’re biting off more than you can chew. The result of the match won’t surprise me.) My idea for making better use of the SuperShow begins with having more of them, make them bi-monthly or even monthly if XWL’s feeling bold as a nice midway point between PPV’s. But putting out more of them won’t cut it, XWL has to make them special, XWL has to make these SuperShows stand out from other Breakdowns and Redemption with something other than the fact that the entire roster will be on the shows. That’s nice and all, but we need to have more than that and that’s where my next idea comes in: themes.

……….Yeah sure some PPV’s like Xtreme Xmas and Digital Decision have their own special stuff that makes them unique, but PPVs are mostly about the beginning, ending and continuation of feuds and though the themes I have in mind could be used for a PPV, I believe they’re better suited for SuperShows… besides not every PPV needs a gimmick, just a cool name and a fancy poster. These SuperShow themes will help create some unique shows, encourage the inter-brand interactions that having two separate brands discourages and they just make for some interesting TV.

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Q3imU
Unforgiven isn’t one of those gimmicky PPV’s, but there’s plenty of bad puns to be made with its name.

……….The first of five themes is simply named Flashback and it’s all about reliving and recreating some of the biggest, or at least the most interesting matches in XWL History and seeing what would happen if those superstars went at it again today. What would happen if Randy Orton and Mr. Anderson, the men who wrestled in the first ever World Championship Match, were put in the same ring again? What if William Regal, the man who put an end to Shawn Michael’s historic Intercontinental Championship reign, came back for one more match against the Heartbreak Kid? Was Justin Gabriel’s victory over Wade Barrett a fluke, or could he could do it again? There would be plenty of scenarios to explore on this night, and those superstars who haven’t done much can still compete on the side and hope they have some history to re-write the next time Flashback Night rolls around.

……….Night of Champions is a concept we’ve seen before where all titles are put on the line, in fact it’s the case with most pay per views. But XWL’s twist on this concept could more than be enough to make this SuperShow interesting. You see, this night is all about switching up the title scene, because both number one contender and the title matches themselves would all be held on the same night. This puts the champ at a disadvantage because he or she wouldn’t know of their opponent until the night of, but then again they would only have to worry about wrestling one match that night instead of two. Night of Champions would be a great way to shake up the title scene heading into a PPV and would also be great for superstars to breakout and get their foot into the title picture if it wasn’t already in there before.

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. KZI2W
Unlikely stars could be born and upsets could drastically change the title picture.

……….Brand Warfare is where the fact that there are two separate brands with a healthy amount of superstars would be exploited for the entertainment of the people. This night would be where superstars would unite to defend the honor of their brand as they compete head to head. Brand Warfare could be XWL’s own mini-Olympics; throw in some points for the winning superstar or team, coax the superstars into taking this seriously with a prize so they can put on a show that the people will love and remember and wait eagerly to see come around again. This gives us a healthy dose of competition and gives us the chance to see for certain which brand has the better superstars, at least on this night. Sure we do want both brands to live and breathe on their own without constant interference from people who don’t belong there, and this night and other SuperShows would offer co-mingling between superstars on opposite brands that you would or should rarely see on a standard Redemption and Breakdown.

……….Put Up or Shut Up is all about the open challenge. You’ve seen guys like Chris Hero, Kurt Angle and CM Punk call out or name drop superstars during their promos, so let’s see what happens when the guy who you were talking smack about last week and who you thought was too pre-occupied with their feud to pay you any attention is standing across the ring from you ready to kick some ass. Every match also has a wager that superstars will be contractually obligated to fulfill. I say contractually obligated because no one likes a sore loser who’ll try to weasel their way out of things. What would a wager look like? Loser cleans the winner’s bathroom or something, I don’t know. I’m sure they can think of something creative and entertaining themselves.

……….The XWL Roulette just gives the company a chance to use a giant wheel (honestly, who doesn’t love that stuff?) to dictate matches and opponents for the night. Anything could happen on this night when you’re letting fate handle the decisions and superstars can find themselves in interesting predicaments as they face superstars or compete in matches they ordinary wouldn’t on a regular Breakdown or Redemption. XWL borrowed the idea of an title that revolves around ironman matches, so using the idea of a roulette would be that out there.

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. NwV6e
Wouldn’t you love having one of these in your house?

……….Admittedly these SuperShow themes aren’t the most innovative of ideas, and they aren’t guaranteed to change anything in XWL. Though they’d certainly be an interesting addition and they’d be a definite step up from what XWL is doing with SuperShows now…. nothing. Will any of these ideas make it to an XWL show near you? Chances are slim, but a man can dream, can’t he?

[S4]Feud Updates
Who’s been getting on each other’s nerves lately?
XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Breakd
Kevin Steen vs. Kevin Steen
According to Steve Corino, Steen’s meltdown and identity crisis may lead to him potentially being fired. Does XWL have it in them to pull the trigger? How will Steen react if he ends up losing his job?

AJ Styles vs. Joey Ryan
Ryan made good on his promise to visit Styles on Breakdown and their brief war of words ended with a slap from Ryan, and then their physical war ended with Ryan taking Styles’ XWL 15 medal. Is this the end of their rivalry, or will Styles be able to bounce back?

Shawn Michaels vs. Daniel Bryan
Shawn Michaels delivered some Sweet Chin Music to General Manager Mick Foley after a disagreement regarding the stipulations put in place for the United States Championship Match at Unforgiven. Will Daniel Bryan suffer the same fate? Or will the self-proclaimed ‘greatest modern wrestler’ be able to put away the man he feels has overstayed his welcome in the company.

Alex Riley vs. Kane
After letting Riley get the best of him, last week, Kane opted to appear on the big screen but at Unforgiven he will have nowhere to hide.

CM Punk vs. The Rock vs. John Cena
After Rock choose losing via countout to wrestling Cena straight up, CM Punk made his presence felt and you have to wonder who will come out on top when all three men go at it this Sunday.

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemp1
Michael McGillicutty vs. Ted DiBiase Jr.
A brawl in the weight room after McGillicutty put the moves on Maryse may have given us a taste of what’s in store for us at Unforgiven. Can McGillicutty take the next big step and become World Champion? Or will Ted be able to sneak away with the reign in tact?

Cody Rhodes vs. Zack Ryder
Cody had some choice for from Ryder, and the Internet and Xtreme Champ responded by costing Rhodes his match against McGillicutty. Who will come out on top when these two meet at Unforgiven?

Chavo Guerrero vs. Alberto Del Rio
After convincing his aunt Vickie to see things his way, Chavo finally has his match against Del Rio. Del Rio has yet to acknowledge Chavo’s existence since Chavo got in his face a few weeks ago and that could be getting under Chavo’s skin more than he lets on.

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker
After delivering an empty casket and then a vicious RKO, The Undertaker has finally accepted Orton’s challenge for a match at Unforgiven but with the promise that he’ll make Orton regret ever thinking about calling him out.

Davey Richards vs. Christian
Once again Christian opts to heckle the Intercontinental Champion from a distance, but this has only made Richards more eager to get his hands on Christian which may not bode too well for the challenger.

Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
While both Lesner and The Game were away, Johnny Ace made a big announcement regarding their match at Unforgiven. If Triple H does anything but win he will be fired! Will he be able to overcome the odds this Sunday?

[S5]Diva’s Corner
Quick peak at what the Divas have been up to.
XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. A2Tjg

*The team of Brie Bella and Layla was too much for Eve and Mickie, but Eve got the best of the champ when she forced a retreat after nearly hitting her moonsault. Will Eve be able to hit it at Unforgiven and walk away as the new champ? And will Layla’s harsh comments towards Nikki Bella cause her to come between the sisters?

*Kharma wasn’t around to harass Maryse this week, but who’s to say that she won’t make an appearance at the PPV?

*Michelle McCool tried in vain to get Kaitlyn fired and after a war of words and a few interferences it’s hard to know how things will play out when they go head to head.

[S6]Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
The top ten stories that have been floating about the water cooler.
Who did it?
There are many theories regarding who took out Kurt Angle on Breakdown. Was it CM Punk tired of hearing Angle call him out in promos? Or perhaps Antonio Cesaro wanted to show what he thinks of the American hero.

Championship Drama?
We have heard a rumor from a source within XWL that CM Punk’s comments about DiBiase getting a #1 Contenders Match before The Rock had some truth to it. Did Vince purposely keep Rock out of the title picture to ensure Rock was 100% focused on helping him hid XWL of the likes of Punk and Cena?

Confidence or Arrogance?
Mason Ryan has been heard claiming that his undefeated streak was better than HBK’s record setting US title reign saying that if HBK didn’t cheat out of desperation then he would be here today as the new champ.

Ezekiel Jackson was heard saying that he’s the next big thing after defeating Austin Aries and that he should be on his way to getting a world title shot sooner rather than later.

A new superstar on the horizon?
After a reported conflict between Ambrose and Breakdown general manager Mick Foley rumors are swirling that Ambrose may be on his back to XWL after claiming that his contract was unjustly terminated.

Video packages have hinted at Mr. Anderson’s return at Unforgiven. What XWL’s resident asshole has in store for the company is unknown, but it’s bound to be entertaining.

You’re Fired.
Steve Corino claimed that XWL Management is considering firing Kevin Steen, but we have reason to believe that Steen may have already been let go and Corino’s comment was just used to delay Steen’s finding out.

Dolph Ziggler also is rumored to be fired as a result of the legal case that may have been brought against him by Zack Ryder. Ziggler hasn’t been seen for weeks and we may never see him again.

Romantic Fallout
We’ve gotten tip that the couple of Ted and Maryse may be over with DiBiase’s jealousy being too much for her to deal with. With Michael McGillicutty openly making advances towards her one has to wonder if there were ulterior motives behind the alleged break up.

Backstage Drama?
Heath Slater has been seen and heard talking a lot of smack backstage saying he will be the fastest rising star XWL has ever seen and many superstars are clamoring to get Slater fired for being a nuisance.

[S7]Interview: Cody Rhodes
I managed to get a quick word with Cody after Redemption and if you couldn’t tell by yourself, he wasn’t really in the best of moods.

Interviewer: Well Cody, how are you feeling after coming up short against Michael McGillicutty?

Cody Rhodes: How am I feeling? First off, I'm more so annoyed at the fact that I'm pestered by this newsletter week after week. But, I'll be nice and I'll answer your questions. As for McGillicutty, I can't be bothered with him at the moment. I'll deal with him once he beats Ted for the World Title, but we know that won't happen. That idiot is lucky enough to be in a title match before me. Speaking of idiots, my mind is on that goof Zack Ryder. Who does he think he is interrupting my match? I told everyone I was going to take him out, and he just gave me another reason to do it this Sunday.

Interviewer: This is the second straight week he's gotten the best of you, wouldn't it be a safer bet to believe he'll be the one taking you out?

*Cody begins laughing in his face.*

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Normal_005

Cody Rhodes: Yeah, next question.

Interviewer: What was wrong with that one? If you don't mind me asking. Are you afriad that Ryder may have you where he wants you?

Cody Rhodes: He's been getting the better of me for two weeks? As far as I'm concerned, he's been getting lucky for two weeks. In our tag match it was the Incompetence of my tag team partner that cost me the match. Do I even have to get into the small package again? As for this week in my match with McGillicutty? The coward appeared on the titantron. He didn't even have the guts to come down to the ring and say it to my face. I'm not even going to break a sweat this Sunday.

Interviewer: What is with you bringing up the small package every chance you get? Did it really upset you that much?

Cody Rhodes: Yes, it did actually. That small package is the symbol of how far this business has fallen, and I'm trying so hard to make this business as good as it use to be. But how is that even possible? This business is filled with idiots like Zack Ryder, Ted DiBiase, Mick Foley, Edge, and Micheal McGillicutty. The only people I can even respect these days are my good friends, Rock and Vince McMahon.

Interviewer: You really approve of what The Rock and Vince have done to CM Punk?

Cody Rhodes: Of course! CM Punk is bad for business. He has no respect for those with authority. It's a shame these people look up to him, and I agree with Rock and Vince for trying to silence him. CM Punk has no regard for anybody. And I remember when he disrespected me last November. He interrupted my promo and then he hit me with a cheap G.T.S Then look at those things he said to John Cena. Now I don't like Cena myself, of course, but he saved Punk the other week and then he just turned his back on him like that. CM Punk deserves everything he gets.

Interviewer: Do I sense a bit a jealousy there? Are you envious that Punk has been to places in XWL that you haven't?

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Normal_010

Cody Rhodes: Jealous? Well, let me recall the last time Punk and I were in the same ring. CM Punk was knocked out and laying on the floor. I, on the other hand..... I was standing over him with the World Heavyweight Championship in my hands. And I don't care if he's actually been the World Champ before, since the only reason I'm not champion yet is because I haven't had a shot yet.

Interviewer: Do you really think you can handle being in the World Title picture? Or are we just sharing our wild dreams here?

Cody Rhodes: Well, let me ask you. I am going to name every single former World Champion I have defeated in the past year. Mark Henry. Dolph Ziggler. Shawn Michaels. John Cena. Mick Foley. Edge. I took over Breakdown. I took out Randy Orton and CM Punk in the same night. So let me ask you this. Do you think I can 'handle' being in the World Title picture?

Interviewer: Well sure you beat all those guys, but now you're having a hard time dealing with someone like Zack Ryder. So it's really hard to tell with you.

Cody Rhodes: Does it matter what my father says? I'm twenty-six years old. I don't need to have my father approve everything I do. And father hasn't even been relevant in wrestling for twenty years. The only Rhodes that matters now is me. 'Dashingly Insane' Cody Rhodes.

Interviewer: Twenty Six, huh? You must do some crazy stuff outside of XWL. Did you go to that party with The Rock the other day?

Cody Rhodes: Rock and I are great friends, but I don't think that's really any of your business.

Interviewer: Is it any of my business to ask why you've been going around calling yourself 'Dashingly Insane'? Is there something to it, or are you just trying to make yourself stand out from the crowd?

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Normal_050

Cody Rhodes: Well, let me remind you what I said back at the draft show. I had my good friend Michael Cole spread word of an injury so I could have a month off. You see, I needed to take a seat and really find myself. I spent months and months worrying about Mick Foley and Edge. I had gone completely off course and I even stopped competing on a weekly basis. I thought of what I needed to do to get back on track. I thought of possibly embracing the fans? Luckily, I spruced myself and decided the only person I need to embrace was me! And while trying to get back on track, I realized something. I am 'dashing' no more. I heard all the things people like Jim Ross and Jerry 'the King' Lawler were saying about me. Calling me a jackass, a lunatic, a power hungry ego maniac. And once again, the truth is, they're right! Yet, I have no problem with that. I am not dashing any longer, but rather dashingly insane! I've simply embraced who I truly am. I am an egotistical, self-conceded, power hungry; and most importantly dashingly insane. Now that I have truly embraced who I am within, I can be more successful than anyone else in this company.

Interviewer: s this going to be like the time you had that weird plastic mask for no reason? Will this dashingly insane shtick be just a quick thing before you get bored and move onto something else? Will we be seeing Cody the golden boy again anytime soon?

Cody Rhodes: The golden boy? I'm sorry, but I don't ever recall that. And no, being 'Dashingly Insane' isn't just the flavor of the week. It's who I really am. And I can accept it, and I'm not going to change it. I'm not going to try and hide who I really am like everybody else in this world, I'm better than that.

Interviewer: Do you think there's people in XWL pretending to be somebody they're not just to get over with the people?

Cody Rhodes: Zack Ryder. And that's exactly why he's my target. We all know Zack is just a loser who was nothing more than a lackey for Edge. But then he came up with this absurd Youtube character and the crowd loved it, so now he's just sticking to it to ensure everyone doesn't find out he's really just a loser. And that offends me.

Interviewer: I dunno, Z! True Long Island Story is a pretty fun show. Couldn't you see youself doing something like that for the people?

Cody Rhodes: I tried saving Breakdown for those people and they painted me to be the bad guy. So I'll let Zack continue that job, until I end him this Sunday of course.

Interviewer: Well then what's next after you supposedly put away Ryder at Unforgiven? Do you think you'll fit into the World Title picture with Ted and McGillicutty going at it the way they are? Perhaps you'd settle for the Intercontinental Championship belt for the time being?

Cody Rhodes: The last time I tried becoming the Intercontinental Champion Mick Foley denied me. So now I'm going right for the World Title. McGillicutty is no concern to me. Because one, I know he can't beat Ted. And number two, I had him beat earlier on before Zack Ryder cost me the match. As for Ted? I'll admit, he's beaten me before. But I was one second away from beating him in that match. Three months later, I'm already better than I was then. Every day I just get that much better. So I know I can take that title off of Ted, and that will truly be saving this company.

Interviewer: Saving the company how? Do you really think the fans would be happy to see you as champ?

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Normal_062

Cody Rhodes: Who cares if the fans will be happy to see me as champ? It'll be good for the company if I was champion. Because all the fans would throw their money at us to see me lose the title to someone liked Ted, Punk, Cena, or Ryder. But I'll never lose.

Interviewer: Now that's a bold thing to say. Are you really that blindly confident about your abilities to believe that no one is on your level?

Cody Rhodes: I'm not confident that no one can beat me, I know that nobody can beat me.

Interviewer: Well, I guess there's no getting past that ego. Good luck in your match at Unforgiven, I'm sure you'll need it.

*The interviewer stretches out his hand for a shake and Cody ignores it.*

Cody Rhodes: Luck? I don't need it, that's for Zack Ryder. Finally, it's over.

*Cody walks away laughing as the video ends.*

[S8]Power 15
1) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemptionteddibiase (27.5)
Though DiBiase’s match ended in a no-contest his backstage interview was enough to help him ease into the number one spot.

2) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemptionrandyorton (27)
The Viper’s loss to Chris Jericho knocks him down, but his intense promo with Taker keeps him in prime position to retake his position.

3) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Breakdowndaniel (26)
Edge’s injury, a great promo with Shawn Michaels and a win in a tag match was just what Daniel Bryan needed to boost him up to the three spot.

4) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Breakdownshawnmichaels (25)
The champion is right behind his challenger and Unforgiven will decided who moves up or down next week.

5) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Xwlredemptionmichaelmcg (20.5)
A win against Cody and a great opening promo gets McGillicutty a top five spot this week.

6) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemptionmaryse (15.5)
Maryse didn’t compete this week, but she was part of that great opening promo and that keeps her at a nice spot in the rankings.

-) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemptionjohnmorrison (15.5)
Morrison was able to put away Tatsu, but his lack of a promo hurts his chances of moving up this week.

8 ) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Breakdownjohncena (13.5)
Cena took a week off from promoing and his countout win over The Rock only did so much to help his postioning.

-) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemptioncody (13.5)
Cody manages to stay just inside the top 10 despite the loss to McGillicutty by being part of Redemption’s opener.

10) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemptionbrocklesnar (13)
Lesnar was nowhere to be seen this week, but strong weeks prior keeps him in the top 10 for this week.

11) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemptionundertaker (12)
Taker’s promo with Orton was great, but the fact that he didn’t compete prevents him from cracking the top 10 this week.

12) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemptionezekiel (11)
Jackson’s match with Aries ended in a draw, and the personification of domination failed to cut a promo.

13) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Breakdownkane (9)
Kane and Riley weren’t able to co-exist on the same team but their promo keeps the Big Red Machine from dropping off the rankings.

14) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Breakdownkassiusohno (8 )
OhNo made a strong debut with a nice promo and victory over Antonio Cesaro.

15) XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemptionchavoguerrero (7.5)
Chavo sneaks into the final spot of the power 15 with an entertaining segment with Vickie Guerrero despite giving away a win to Stone Cold.

[S9]The Stars Speak Out
Last week we asked about the situation involving Randy Orton and The Undertaker. Let's see what the XWL stars has to say about it.

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Breakdownrock
[The Rock]
Does The Rock think Randy Orton deserve his match with The Undertaker? Do you think that Britney Spears fantasizes about Unicorns? Does the pope watch Scrubs? Does anyone watch Scrubs? What's up with ice cream places that don't give you chocolate sprinkles? Where does Kurt Angle spend his nights after he pays the best freakin' hooker this side of Canada to spend time with his one "I" that matters? What is it with all of The Rocks irrelevant questions you ask? He could ask you the same damn thing, The Rock could wipe an Armadillo's prostate with whether or not Randy Orton gets The Undertaker now get the hell out of his locker room unless you wanna spend the night with Jerry the King Lawler in prison! Yeah...The Rock knows what you get up to Jerry....

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemptionteddibiase
XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. 63enJ

{Ted DiBiase}
Last year when I challenged The Undertaker, people said that I was biting off more than I could chew. That I was better off left leaving well enough alone, that it'd be over before it began, and that I stood not one single bit of a chance against him. But as we know now, they were proven wrong, not one, not twice, but three times! You wanna know why The Undertaker denied him for so long? It's not because Randy isn't worthy, it's because he's been a shell of what he used to be ever since I buried him alive last year. Randy defeating him could be that final nail in the coffin of his legendary career, and he's not ready for it...But regardless of whether he's ready or not, Randy was once known by the name "legend killer" and at Unforgiven, he might end the biggest legend of them all.

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Redemptionrandyorton
[Randy Orton]
Do I deserve my match? Not only do I deserve it, not only do I need it, but now I have it. So you wanna know if I deserve my match with The Undertaker? How about you ask me next week when it's written in the history books that I, Randy Orton...Left The Undertaker with absolutely nothing.

Next week’s question:
How would you rate your performance at Unforgiven?

[S10] Wrap Up
And that’s that for this newsletter, and I’ll throw out the old end speech here: if you ever want to do your own spotlight article, want to be interviewed, or have an idea for a new section let me know. Good luck to all the superstars competing tonight.
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super.   XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Another great newsletter. Really likes the ideas of XWL Roulette and Night of Champions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super.   XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Amazing as always, it's a shame Dolph was fired though so he couldn't reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super.   XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Newsletter 5/27: Let's Make SuperShows Super.
Page 1 of 1