Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Empty
PostSubject: XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker   XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Quick Search (Use Ctrl+F)
[S1] Archives
[S2] Overview
[S3] Spotlight
[S4] Feud Updates
[S5] Diva’s Corner
[S6] Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
[S7]Interview
[S8] Superstar Rankings
[S9] The Stars Speak Out
[S10] Wrap Up

[S1]Archives
Missed an old newsletter? Want to re-read an old article? Catch up here!
9/23/11, 10/2/11, 5/13/12

[S2]Overview
Things are definitely heating up around these parts with only a mere week standing before us and Unforgiven in what is shaping up to be another epic pay per view for XWL in a long line of many. On Breakdown, although Shawn Michaels’ record setting US title reign is great, CM Punk definitely stole the show with his harsh remarks towards management while also turning down Cena’s offer to help fight against the power couple of The Rock and Vince McMahon. There’s a triple threat in the works for Unforgiven between Punk, Cena and Rock in a match that has the potential to steal the show. With last week’s theme in XWL seemingly being Father beat downs, this week had to be all about reaching your breaking point and snapping. We watched in shock as Triple H went crazy and invaded Brock Lesnar’s home getting himself arrested. Ted DiBiase finally had enough of Michael McGillicutty and attacked him looking to make up for not being around to protect his father. Alex Riley returned from getting set on fire to light Kane up with a beat down before Kane mysteriously vanished. Del Rio’s mind games caused Chavo to snap and send Brian Kendrick flying off the stage with a Gory Bomb. It seems as though the pressure to be successful and the stress that comes with trying to get the better of your rival is starting to become a bit too much for some of the superstars to handle. Perhaps they all need to take some time off before they really go crazy, or maybe a good fight at Unforgiven will be just what the doctor ordered. Either way, now’s the time to be on your toes because you never know when the guy you’re in the ring against is going to use you to send a message to someone else; you never know when you’ll stop seeing your opponent as a human but instead as something that must be destroyed.

[S3]Spotlight: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker
……….So we all saw what happened on Redemption, and for those who missed it you should definitely watch the replay whenever you get the chance to because what went down definitely constitutes as must-watch television. For the XWL faithful who have been keeping up with the Randy Orton/Undertaker saga, you know that Orton is hell bent (pun slightly intended) on getting Taker to agree to a match at Unforgiven, and he’s been going to extreme measures to get things to play out the way he wants them to.

……….He has attacked Kane and Paul Bearer in brutal fashion and has gone around punting people left and right like it’s going out of style. All this has been done in Undertaker’s name to either impress or intimidate the Deadman and to goad him into accepting his match at the upcoming pay per view. But when you dig a little deeper to get to the root of things the question has to be asked: why is this happening? Why is Orton doing this? Is it to help him feel better about himself? The simple answer to that question is yes, but when everything is all said and done Orton may end up feeling worse… mentally and physically.

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Normal_292
Orton certainly looks the part, but it’ll take more than mind games to get him past The Undertaker.

……….I’ve been watching over the past couple of weeks as Orton desperately rummages around in his bag o’ tricks to find a new way to get under Taker’s skin. Yes you read that right, I do think that he’s desperate. If you couldn’t see it in his eyes last week after he dropped Taker with the RKO or hear it in his laugh before he attacked Paul Bearer, then I don’t know what to tell you. You’re either a blind fan boy who believes Orton can do anything, or you got distracted by all the theatrics to pay attention to what really matters. As far as I’m concerned, Orton doesn’t deserve to be in the ring with Taker, and he’s proven it time and time again with his actions over the weeks. He was better off just moving on when Taker shrugged him off like how Daniel Bryan shrugs off meat (take notes Kelly Kelly), instead of behaving the way he is now.

……….And no, I’m not saying things just for the sake of causing a little controversy. I believe 101% and with all my heart that Undertaker should stick to his guns and avoid wrestling Orton despite Orton getting the better of him on Redemption. The relationship between the two can be seen as that of a mosquito and a human. Sure the mosquito will get in a couple of bites every now and then, but when the human gets fed up and sets his mind to it the mosquito will eventually end up dead. That RKO was the mosquito bite, and if Orton isn’t careful Taker may wind up with a killing him (not literally, of course… at least I hope not).

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker RoT70
The Undertaker is not a man to be taken lightly.

……….And it’s not just because I think Orton would end up losing the match that makes me feel the way I do, because even at this stage in his career how many people can defeat The Undertaker? It’s not about the wins or losses when it comes to going toe to toe with the Deadman, it’s about how badly you lost, how fortunate you were to survive the encounter, or how lucky you were to scrape out the win. My issue with Orton here has more to do with his personality, experience and his way of thinking and that’s making me second guess him and what’s making me hope that the match between the two never happens.

……….Orton’s talent in the ring speaks for itself and the man is no doubt on his way to the hall of fame, but it’s just like I said about Ted DiBiase Jr., you could have all the talent in the world but if you’re not thinking straight then you might as well be a Mr. Anderson in the ring. Right now, Orton’s mind set is that of a child eager to get his new toy, but once he gets it he doesn’t know what to do with it and the money spent on that toy goes right down the drain. It’s the same thing here; the match against Undertaker is the toy, but when Orton stands across the ring from him he may realize that he’s in over his head and freeze on the spot or not perform to the best of his abilities. The Randy Orton that we’re watching now is spending too much time worrying about getting his match against Undertaker instead of what he’ll do if he does get it. He’ll get demolished by a pissed off Undertaker sick of dealing with him, and the money the fans spent hoping to see a competitive match will have been wasted. He wouldn’t be the first to fall to Taker in such a fashion, it’s happened before and that’s one of the reasons Undertaker holds the record that he does at Wrestlemania.

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker UEmYq
Will history repeat itself?

………. Orton was one of the many to fall to Taker at that event, and it’s almost like he hasn’t learned a damn thing since that loss. Back then, Orton was young and cocky looking to use the infamous streak to take his career to the next level, and now Orton is older and bitter looking to use Taker to get his career back on track after a lengthy slump. Notice the similarities? Orton still doesn’t see Taker as a competitor, but merely as a stepping stone to bring his career where he needs it to be, that was his downfall then, and the result would be the same if the two were to meet up again. But they shouldn’t meet up again, because Orton doesn’t deserve it if he’s heading into the match with the same mindset and a similar game plan yet hoping for a different result. That’s the definition of insanity, and Orton seems to be on the brink of it. Despite what Orton may like you to believe, The Undertaker still has control of the way this ‘feud’ will play out, and if we’re lucky Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker will not happen at Unforgiven because that’s a match that’ll be over before the bell rings.

[S4]Feud Updates
Who’s been getting on each other’s nerves lately?
XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Breakd
Shawn Michaels vs. Daniel Bryan
The Heartbreak Kid took some time out of his celebratory speech to address his challenger in Daniel Bryan. HBK doesn’t believe his reign is in jeopardy in all, while Bryan thinks that Michaels has overstayed his welcome and that he’ll be the one to put him out of his misery.

Alex Shelley vs. Chris Jericho
Shelley believes that Jericho is the one who sidelined him before Bad Blood and Jericho quickly disappeared when the evidence began to pile up. Will Shelley get the answers he’s looking for?

The Rock & Vince McMahon vs. John Cena vs. CM Punk
Punk made his allegiances clear and as it turns out Cena is no friend of his. Now that Cena and Punk aren’t seeing eye to eye, does Rock and Vince have them right where they want them?

Kevin Steen vs. Kevin Steen
Steen’s identity crisis has caused him to no show Breakdown. Will Corino help him get his act together? Or will he spiral even more out of control?

Batista vs. Brodus Clay
Batista wants to get his hands on Clay, everyone knows it. Can The Animal restrain himself, or will he be trading his job for revenge?

Alex Riley vs. Kane
Riley returned from the hell Kane tried to send him to, and brought the fight to the Big Red Machine though Kane’s disappearance cut the fight short. Does Kane fear Riley, or is he trying to get in his head?

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemp1

Ted DiBiase vs. Michael McGillicutty
With Justin Gabriel now out of the picture, DiBiase got his revenge after an attack on McGillicutty, but McGillicutty got the last laugh by nearly walking away with Ted’s girl.

Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
Triple H took a trip to Lesnar’s home and caused some damage that led to him being arrested and stripped of his XWL 15 medal which was given to AJ Styles. How will Lesnar respond to what happened?

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker
A punt to Wade Barrett’s skull was a message sent to Taker as was a devastating RKO to Taker himself. Does Taker have a response, or is Orton still not worth his time?

Chavo Guerrero vs. Alberto Del Rio
Del Rio’s music sent Chavo into a rage that resulted in Brian Kendrick getting Gory Bombed off the stage. Can Chavo regain his composure, or does the Mexican Aristocrat already have this battle won?

John Morrison vs. David Otunga
Morrison wants a piece of Otunga, and in an interview guaranteed a win if they were to meet in the ring. Will Otunga accept the challenge?

Davey Richards vs. Christian
After a confrontation from a distance on Redemption, both men truly believe that they’ll be walking out of Unforgiven as Intercontinental Champion, but only one can. Davey believes that despite the loss to Randy Orton he’s still as dangerious as ever, though Christian is confident his wave of momentum from Final Stand will carry him through Unforgiven.

Joey Ryan vs. AJ Styles
Ryan made his return to Redemption and put Styles on notice by informing in that he’ll be on Breakdown so they can settle things once and for all. Is Ryan planning on taking the XWL 15 medal to avenge his Intercontinental championship loss?

[S5]Diva’s Corner
Quick peak at what the Divas have been up to.
XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker A2Tjg
The Bellas have arrived to XWL and Brie must be feeling great after picking up the win against Mickie James. Is this what we should come to expect from these two from now on? They haven’t busted out Twin Magic, but we all know it’s only a matter of time before they start pulling out the old tricks, and maybe debuting a few new ones.

Layla bounced back from her loss in the triple threat match to defeat Maryse, but the real story was the emergence of Kharma once again. What does she want with Maryse? Kharma has yet to speak, but her reasoning must be great for attacking a diva whose only crime is buying expensive shoes that she’ll never wear.

Beth Phoenix and Trish Stratus went head to head in a tough match that eventually saw The Glamazon come out on top making Stratus look like a rookie instead of a legend. Beth is being dominate and it’ll be a sight to see when she crosses paths with a diva who’ll be able to test her.

Maxine beats Michelle and proved that she doesn’t need any help to make it in XWL and she doesn’t need any men eyeing her to remind her of how good she looks. Maxine is looking to make an impressive run, and with her already at 2-0 and turning heads with her words she may find herself moving up the ladder.

Kaitlyn was able to defeat Madison Rayne in what ended up being a battle as it went down to the wire with both divas reversing finishers until Kaitlyn was finally able to get the upper hand and secure the win. After being away from the cameras for quite some time, Madison fizzled in her return and Miss Money in the Bank isn’t looking too strong right now. Kaitlyn was able to rebound after losing to Maxine last week, and she must be more than ready to deal with Michelle McCool again.

[S6]Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
The top ten stories that have been floating around the water cooler.
Superstars on their way out?
It’s being reported that Brock Lesnar is considering leaving the company if XWL doesn’t pay for the damage Triple H caused to his home. Lesnar feels that if the company treated Triple H like everyone else then The Game would not have thought he could get away with what he did.

Although Curt Hawkins thought he would be fine doing his best CM Punk impersonation, we have received word that he is in hot water and that his contract may be terminated by the end of the week.

Doing things the hard way.
Ezekiel Jackson is reportedly considering going on a strike until the conspiracy against him ends or he gets a rematch against Zack Ryder… whichever comes first.

Missing in Action.
Last week CM Punk was nowhere to be seen and although the Straightedge Superstar claimed he was at home, witnesses claim he was spotted at the home of longtime friend Colt Cabana though the nature of the visit is unknown.

Kevin Steen disappeared and didn’t show up to Breakdown and people fear that he may have done something to himself or something was done to him and that Steve Corino was brought in to help cover it up.

Trouble in Paradise?
The relationship between Ted DiBiase and Maryse could be coming to an end after an alleged argument occurred between them over how long Maryse remained in McGillicutty’s arms. Maryse claims she didn’t know it wasn’t Ted, but Ted was quick to point out that he isn’t strong enough to carry her.

Exposing the Lies.
We received a tip from an anonymous source that Daniel Bryan keeps a small TV hidden in his house. The American Dragon would not let us inside his home to conduct an investigation.

Mistakes were made.
Joey Ryan admitted that he had to deal with an STD and sources are telling us that though he tried to throw us of her scent, the mystery women is a diva on the XWL roster! We’ll update as we receive more news.

Legal troubles.
Last week we told you about Zack Ryder planning on taking legal action against Dolph Ziggler for hijacking his show repeatedly and he may have gone through with it because Dolph was nowhere to be seen on Redemption.

Returns and Departures
Kurt Angle, Mason Ryan and JBL made their returns to XWL while Justin Gabriel, Brian Kendrick and Batista may be on their way out.

[S7]Interview: Daniel Bryan
I managed to catch up with another Breakdown Superstar in Daniel Bryan to get his thoughts on his upcoming title match against Shawn Michaels at Unforgiven.

Interviewer: Hey there, Daniel. Glad you could make it tonight. I assume everything's going well with you?

Daniel Bryan: Yeah, I'm great. You already knew I was great though. I hear you have some questions for me? You're not gonna be like Mitch, are you?

Interviewer: You mean spreading rumors and making bad jokes? No, I'm better than that. You're not gonna hit me, are you?

Daniel Bryan: Of course not. Just don't tempt me. So, what are your questions? What kind of things do you have to ask "The American Dragon"?

Interviewer: Well earlier tonight you put Goldust away with ease. Is it safe to say that you're saving all your energy for Shawn Michaels?

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker 09vk7

Daniel Bryan: If that’s what you want to think. Goldust is actually similar to Shawn. Their both broken down men, way past their expiration date. This Sunday, I'm going to teach Shawn a lesson. He's going to learn that I'm the greatest modern wrestler in this business, and that he is nothing but a joke.

Interviewer: How can you talk about Shawn Michaels like that? How can you not be in awe of the things he's accomplished?

Daniel Bryan: In awe? I was in awe. I was in awe when I joined his wrestling school, and I was in awe when I was training with 'The Heartbreak Kid', 'The Icon', 'The Showstopper', but that was then. Now, I'm older and more experienced. Shawn is just older. He isn't the same man. He's not the guy who kicked Marty Jennety through the window, he's the guy who talks about himself WAY TOO MUCH. Me, I don't to talk myself up. When I say something, I mean it 100%. When I say that I'm the greatest modern wrestler, I mean it. When I say that I'm the next US champion, I mean it. When Shawn says he's the 'Show-stopper', he's lying. I am the 'Show-stopper' now, not him. This is 2012, not 1997. Get that through your thick head Shawn.

Interviewer: Well look at things from Shawn's perspective. How would you feel if a bunch of kids were ganging up on you to take you out of the business you helped mold into what it is today?

Daniel Bryan: First of all, I'm not a kid. Do you see this beard? This is a man's beard. See these scars? Those are man’s scars. I'll admit, all the other people that Shawn has beaten since he won that US title, have been chumps. They don't know Shawn like I know him. You're right though, Shawn is very proud of what he’s built. But what I don't understand is why he doesn't just call it a day. I mean, he was a legend, but now he's just a washed up guy, holding onto his last piece of fame.

Interviewer: You say that you know Shawn from your days training under him. But can't it be the other way around too? How can you beat someone who taught you everything you know?

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker DAjof

Daniel Bryan: Because he didn't teach me everything I know. He helped me start out yeah, but while he was headlining and show-stopping, I was developing my skills in the indies. Training with one of the most naturally gifted wrestlers in the world, might I add. No, for you moronic people out there, I'm not talking about Shawn, I'm talking about William Regal. Sure, Regal may not have had as much success as Shawn, but I would bet my house that Regal could out wrestle him any day. Now, me, he would have a much bigger challenge on his hands.

Interviewer: What kind of house are we talking about?

Daniel Bryan: A bigger house than yours, believe me.

Interviewer: It may be bigger, but I at least I get more enjoyment out of mine. How do you live without a TV?

Daniel Bryan: I live life instead of watching it. You should try it sometime instead of living vicariously through fictional characters on a fictional television show.

Interviewer: Well teach me how the great Daniel Bryan does it then. How do you go about living life?

Daniel Bryan: Well, I wake up in the morning, eat my vegan breakfast, read the newspaper for whatever town I'm in, work out, go to arena, get bothered by Mitch, wrestle, win, come home, eat vegan cookie, drink a glass of water, and go to sleep. Then, I wake up and do it again.

Interviewer: What's your deal with Mitch, anyway? He seems like a pretty cool guy.

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker 09vk7

Daniel Bryan: Seriously man? Mitch is an idiot, only good for holding a microphone. He's a waste of your question. I'll deal with him if he shows up in Birmingham for Breakdown.

Interviewer: I dunno man, you think everyone's an idiot. Do you really believe that you're the best wrestler in the world right now?

Daniel Bryan: Yes, I do. Tell me who you think is better.

Interviewer: Well CM Punk and Chris Jericho all go around saying the same thing. Surely all three of you can be right.

Daniel Bryan: CM Punk is just that, a punk. And Chris Jericho is just like Shawn. Pathetic.

Interviewer: Would you say the same thing to Punk's face? Aren't afraid he'll verbally abuse you like he did to XWL and John Cena this past Breakdown?

Daniel Bryan: Yeah I'd say it to Punk's face. He can spit words all he wants, but when he climbs into that ring, he can't touch me.

Interviewer: So basically you think you're the best thing that's happened to XWL? Why aren't ou going for the World Title then?

Daniel Bryan: Mainly because management is somewhat "slow". I welcome the challenge though. I get to show all these people that I'm not blowing hot air, and they all respect me when I EARN that World title.

Interviewer: You can't be serious… You really think they'll respect you after the way you're treated them?

Daniel Bryan: Hey, a man can dream right? Besides, I thought you didn't want me to hit you.

Interviewer: Wait, what? What reason would you have to do that? I'm just trying to do my job.

Daniel Bryan: Well, you’re starting to remind me of Mitch. You've seen how I treat Mitch.

Interviewer: You can't get through an interview without violence? What's with all this pent up anger? Perhaps deep down inside you're second guessing your chances at Unforgiven?

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker DAjof

Daniel Bryan: Hey! I'll win at Unforgiven. There's no doubt about that. And my pent up anger comes from not being taken seriously. All my anger gets to be released at Unforgiven when I get to make Shawn Michaels tap out.

Interviewer: Well the odds are definitely in your favor after you got Mick to add that disqualification stipulation to the title match.

Daniel Bryan: I didn't get Mick to do anything. Mick's a man, he DECIDED to add that stipulation. What, do you think Mick is in my pocket?

Interviewer: I don't know what you keep in your pockets, Daniel, and I'd rather not guess. All I'm saying is that things just became a little bit easier for you at the pay per view.

Daniel Bryan: I guess I can agree. Shawn will wish he never ducked me in our title match. I can guarantee that next Sunday will be the worst night of Shawn's wrestling career.

Interviewer: Well you claim Shawn ducked you, but if in that earlier match-up he just felt you weren't worth his time?

Daniel Bryan: Not worth his time?! Seriously man?! That's as likely as Mitch sleeping with Layla.

Interviewer: Funny that's the first diva that comes to mind. Could The American Dragon be crushing on someone?

Daniel Bryan: No, I was gonna say Eve, but everybody and their brother has been with her. Come on dude, you don't have to lie, I know you slept with her too.

Interviewer: Well no, I'm a happily married man with kids if you must know. Though I'm sure you wouldn't be as uptight if one of the divas paid you any attention.

Daniel Bryan: The American Dragon is stacked with chicks man. I'm the up and coming superstar that every woman wants to be with.

Interviewer: If you say so, though I have to wonder how many of those 'chicks' will still be around if you come up short an Unforgiven. That is even if you get there. Chances are that you may attack Shawn at the contract signing and lose your title match.

Daniel Bryan: You think I would be that dumb? That title match is what I've been working towards since I arrived in this company. There is no way I'm letting this go.

Interviewer: That's true. You're more likely to try and goad Shawn Michaels into hitting you so you can be handed the belt instead of risking getting in the ring with him again.

Daniel Bryan: Whatever works right?

Interviewer: Speaking of, I don't think this interview is working. I'm just gonna go...

Daniel Bryan: You think you can just leave like that? Come back here and tell the American Dragon thank you for this interview.

Interviewer: Th-thank you sir.

Daniel Bryan: Good, now you can enjoy the rest of your day and I can prepare for Birmingham. Oh, by the way, YES!

Interviewer: Yes?

Daniel Bryan: YES!

[Daniel Bryan starts running down the hallway chanting ‘Yes’ as the screen fades.]

[S8]Power 15
1) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptionrandyorton (22)
The Viper hangs onto his number one spot after defeating Wade Barrett and playing mind games with The Undertaker.

2) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptionteddibiase (20.5)
After a big win in a tag team match and a stellar promo with Michael McGillicutty, DiBiase slips into the number 2 spot this week.

3) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Breakdownedge (16)
Edge was able to defeat Kane, but The Rated R Superstar didn’t treat the fans to a promo and that causes him to drop a spot.

-) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Breakdowndaniel (16)
D-Bryan made quick work of Goldust and then let Shawn Michaels know exactly what he thinks of him after the match.

5) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Breakdownshawnmichaels (15)
HBK bounces back from his loss last week to defeat The Rock in Breakdown’s main event not to mention that he delivered an incredible promo to celebrate he record setting US Title reign.

6) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptionbrocklesnar (13)
Brock Lesnar didn’t compete this week but his promo before he watched Triple H destroy his house helps keep him in a solid spot in the rankings.

7) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptionmaryse (11.5)
Maryse wasn’t able to take down the Diva’s champ, but her encounter with Kharma keeps her from dropping too far down.

-) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Xwlredemptionmichaelmcg (11.5)
McGillicutty was on fire in is promo before Ted put out the flames with an attack. The promo helps him move up, but the loss in the tag match keeps him getting any higher.

9 ) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptionjohnmorrison (10.5)
John Morrison didn’t compete this week, and his promo didn’t do him any favors. Let’s see if the Shaman of Sexy will be able to keep himself in the top 10 after next week.

10) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Breakdownjohncena (9.5)
Cena took the night off, but he was a part of the epic 3 man segment along with The Rock and CM Punk which helps nudge him in the right direction.

11) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptioncody (8.5)
Cody had some choice words for just about everybody, but he was forced to eat them after losing the tag team match.

12) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptionezekieljackso (8 )
Ezekiel Jackson went back to his winning was, but the former Xtreme Champion’s promo left a lot to be desired.

-) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptionundertaker (8 )
The Undertaker was able to beat Big Show without much issue, but it was Randy Orton’s mind games and RKO that proved to be the problem.

14) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptiontripleh (7.5)
Triple H had better things to do than wrestle AJ Styles, but his invasion of Brock Lesnar’s home definitely entertained.

15) XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Breakdowncmpunk (5)
Punk stole the show with his pipebombing, but the lack of a match keeps him from capitalizing.

[S9]The Stars Speak Out
Last week we asked if McGillicutty will become the next world champion. Let’s see what the XWL superstars have to say in response to that.
XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptionrandyorton
[Randy Orton]
Do I think Michael McGillicutty will be the next World Heavyweight Champion? Now normally, I'd laugh in your face and walk off in the other direction, using your question as a funny ice breaker all day long but...if you look at the past two champions, Justin Gabriel and Ted DiBiase...I mean really? What's happening to a company when Elmo and Mr Happy are World Champions? Back when I was mentoring Ted I saw something in him, an aggressive side, a drive, a sheer determination that would take him to the top but once I hit him with that RKO...It's like it all disappeared and he's become some, brainwashed nice guy who caters to children...So to answer your question, do I think Michael McGillicutty will be the next World Heavyweight Champion? Yes. Because he isn't scared to do what it takes to get the job done.

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptioncody
XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Normal_021
[Cody Rhodes]
Who do I think will win the World Heavyweight Championship match at Unforgiven? Well, let's see who's in this match. Cody Rhodes isn't, so it's just that much less important. On one side we have the World Heavyweight Champion, Ted DiBiase. The single biggest loser in the company. I mean, this guy is lucky every time he gets a win. When he beat me two months ago it was simply chance just because the ref gave him a fast count. Ted is pathetic. He is a disgrace to his family. His father was a true wrestler. A respectable man. But Ted? Ted is just a simpleton who hangs out with a bunch of losers from twitter in the parking lot. In my opinion, he's just lucky someone like Justin Gabriel was champion. If Wade Barrett was still champion, Ted would be as irrelevant as he was two years ago. Ted's entire stint has been luck, and that's a fact. As for McGillicutty? This guy is incompetent. Zack Ryder got the jump on me out there in that ring and he couldn't even get my back. Instead he hit Ted with a small package? How is that even going to help the team? Ted or himself weren't even the legal men. The guy is a fool, and also a disgrace to his family. Hell, he can't even use their name. With that being said, Ted's lucky he gets to face such a mindless fool like McGillicutty, so he will walk out still champion. But he won't be champ for long, because I'm coming after him.

*Cody laughs as the video fades away.*

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Breakdownedge
[[Edge]]
Do I agree that Michael McGillicutty is the next World Heavyweight Champion? From past experiences against Ted, I gotta say no. Ted DiBiase beat Mike monthes ago and I really don't think things have changed all that much. Both men have gotten better in the ring but Ted DiBiase will still be your World Heavyweight Champion after Unforgiven. But for me, it doesn't exactly matter who is the World Champion as of this moment or even after Unforgiven. It can be Ted or it could be Mike, but it doesn't matter who I'll eventually beat to become your new World Heavyweight Champion...

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Breakdownshawnmichaels
*As the camera begins to roll the cameraman jogs down a hallway to catch up with The United States champion, Shawn Michaels, who stops, puts his bag of the floor and faces the interviewer who's off screen*

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker 1-16

Interviewer: Excuse me, Shawn, can I get your thoughts are Ted DiBiase vs. Michael McGillicutty at Unforgiven?

*Shawn stares at the interviewer clearly not impressed with the question*

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker 4-17

Shawn Michaels: DiBiase vs. McGillicutty? Is that the kind of hard hitting journalistic integrity you bring to this company? You've got to be kidding me. Who the heck thought that would sell tickets? I've got news for you pal, nobody cares about Ted DiBiase or Michael McGillicutty, and that's just common knowledge, those two are irrelevant, and geniuses that run this place thought this was worthy of a World Championship match? To Mainevent a pay-per-view? Are you kidding me? It's a joke, everyone knows that only one man is worthy of maineventing a pay-per-view and that's ME. And everybody knows if anybody deserves to have a shot at the World title then it's ME. The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels. Everybody knows that the only reason McGillicutty even has a shot at MY rightful World title is because he miraculously won the Money in the Bank ladder match at Final Stand IV, a match that I was deemed just TOO GOOD to even be apart of. They said I was already too much of a big star to be in a match filled will losers who need a leg up on everybody else because god knows that there's not a chance in hell that they'd get to that level without that contract.

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker 3-18

Shawn Michaels: See while Ted and McGillicutty are off busy making a mockery of the biggest prize in the industry, making it a laughing stock and making sure that it's value soars to record new lows, the HBKid has been working week in week out for over six months to bring meaning and relevance to the United States championship, and up until just a few weeks ago I was the ONLY reason to tune into Redemption each and every week and now I'm the exact same thing for Breakdown, something you can't say for the two men of the moment. The challenger had a chance a month or so back to hang with the greatest this industry has ever seen and just for your information that would be me. I'm not going to say the kid doesn't have guts because he does but the problem is he doesn't have any brains. And guts will only get you so far in this crazy little world of ours and I proved just that to you when he last faced. I showed the world just how good you really were. Hell that wasn't a match when he faced it was a beating, and while every time I knocked you down, you got right back up and I saw your eyes glazed over and I knew you couldn't tell your lefts from your rights and your ups from your downs. Quite simply put, the kid didn't match up to me, not by a long shot.

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker 8-14

Shawn Michaels: But credit where credit is due, Michael McGillicutty has finally, FINALLY made Ted DiBiase Senior pay for the ultimate crime against humanity in bringing his disgrace of a son into the world, and it was a long time coming at that. Just look at him, he's a joke of a champion, a joke of a wrestler, he's a joke of a man. He's the guy best known for playing Monopoly backstage instead of getting ready for his matches when in reality it's more like he's been going solo with the thimble! And you can trust me on this one because you know it's true, Ted DiBiase is a choke artist, it's second nature to him to fail in whatever he does. XWL history is littered with example after example of Ted DiBiase failing to get the job done when he's in a pressure situation. But none the less he's defied the odds when he somehow actually got a girlfriend. It's just beyond me how anyone no matter how big of a gold digger could stand to be in the same room with that loser, but even more miraculous then that is that she's actually more than a five out of ten. The girl has potential, I just don't understand how it's possible for one person to stay drunk for such a prolonged amount of time to not notice how much of a loser her boyfriend actually is.

*Shawn pauses for a second before speaking again*

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker 9-12

Shawn Michaels: But back to the question. You want to know who I think will be walking out of Unforgiven as World champion? Well here's my answer you idiot, when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter who wins at Unforgiven, because whoever it is the entire world knows that they're walking around with a championship that they're not fit to wear, because everybody knows that only ONE MAN is fit to wear the gold and that's the Heartbreak Kid!

*As Shawn finishes speaking he puts his bag back onto his shoulder and walks off*

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Redemptionxtremeryder
Zack Ryder: Come on bro, are you serious? Michael McGillicutty beat my broski Ted DiBiase at Unforgiven and become the brand new World Heavyweight champion. Bro he doesn't stand a chance. Just as sure as Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and that Jersey

*As Zack talks the clip cuts to static*

*As the static ends, the clip continues from where it left off*

Zack Ryder: Poser The Situation don't stand a chance at stopping the Ryder Revolution

*Once again, the clip cuts off midsentence by static*

*As the static ends the clip returns to it's previous state*

Zack Ryder: Just like all of them not standing a chance at stopping me, Michael McGillicutty doesn't stand chance at beating Ted DiBiase at Unforgiven, and you want to know why I know what? Well as the XWL Internet champion and XWL X-Treme champion I know a thing or two, and I can tell you this, at Unforgiven Ted DiBiase is gonna fist...pump...his face! Woo Woo Woo, You know it!

Next week’s question:
Is Randy Orton biting off more than he can chew? Does he stand a chance against The Undertaker?

[S10] Wrap Up
And that’s just about that for this week’s newsletter. Thanks to everyone that sent in their answers. And screw E/T for not doing one, smh. Also, if you ever want to do your own spotlight article, want to be interviewed, or have an idea for a new section let me know. Until next week.

Last edited by TheKrzyOne on Sun May 20, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker   XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Didn't read the main article yet but another great job, Krzy. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker   XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:59 pm

"The relationship between Ted DiBiase and Maryse could be coming to an end after an alleged argument occurred between them over how long Maryse remained in McGillicutty’s arms. Maryse claims she didn’t know it wasn’t Ted, but Ted was quick to point out that he isn’t strong enough to carry her."

lol
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker   XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:38 am

Great read Krzy, amazing job once again and I look forward to next weeks once again :gig:

The Daniel Bryan interview was lulzy and the main article was awesome, even though I don't particularly agree mischief

:tna: At Orton still being top spot on the rankings
Back to top Go down
MicksterG951
Mid Card
MicksterG951

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker   XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Really had fun doing the interview this week Krzy. I'd be up for doing one anytime. And fuck yea DB is at #4! Moving on up in the world.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/MicksterG951
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker   XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Newsletter 5/20: Randy Orton Shouldn’t Get His Match Against The Undertaker
Page 1 of 1