Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Empty
PostSubject: XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title?   XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:33 pm

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? LKVnE

Quick Search (Use Ctrl+F)
[S1] Archives
[S2] Overview
[S3] Spotlight
[S4] Feud Updates
[S5] Diva’s Corner
[S6] Reviews
[S7]Spots of the Week
[S8]Quotes of the Week
[S9]Newsletter Exclusive
[S10] Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
[S11]Interview
[S12] Superstar Rankings
[S13] The Stars Speak Out
[S14]Digital Decision Votes
[S15]Wrap Up

[S1]Archives
Missed an old newsletter? Want to re-read an old article? Catch up here!
9/23/11, 10/2/11, 5/13/12, 5/20/12, 5/27/12, 6/3/12, 6/10/12

[S2]Overview
Digital Decision is almost here folks and I hope you’ve been getting your votes in because this is the one time of the year when we really have the power to influence what we see on XWL. This wasn’t one of the best weeks in XWL, but what we got definitely delivered big time. On Redemption you had Chavo and Kid Kash’s first ever war of words, and I’m salivating just thinking about their next confrontation. Then on Breakdown you had The Corporation let people know what’s up and I’m really worried about what may happen to the next guy they set their sights on. All in all it was a solid week in XWL, and you definitely wouldn’t be wasting your time catching a replay if you missed Breakdown or Redemption when it first aired.

[S3]Spotlight: How ‘Bout That X-Treme Title?
………. Have you ever sat in the dark confines of your room and wished that things could just go back to the way they were? Back when you enjoyed that thing and looked forward to your next encounter with it because it brought something special to your life? I’m talking about things like watching your favorite TV show, or cheering for your favorite sports team or even eating and salivating over that special meal that grandma used to cook when you went to visit; things you loved and couldn’t get enough of. But then as time goes on you continue watching that show even though it jumped the shark two seasons ago, and you continue cheering for that team even though they haven’t come remotely close to winning a championship since your days napping through high school, and you keep visiting grandma and choking down her meals even though she forgot how to handle a stove when she became widowed. You continue enduring those things because you have the hope that maybe, just maybe, if you give it a little more time it will get better… it will go back to the way it used to be. But then the show you once thought was amazing gets cancelled, the team who’s paraphernalia you used to collect religiously gets relocated, and grandma passes away her kitchen obligations to someone else leaving you to find something new to get emotionally attached to.

……….I’m in that second stage right now as I watch what the X-treme Title has become over the months… a joke. The title that put the X in XWL, the title that brought excitement and a different breed of competition and competitors to this league, yes, the title that has brought us some amazing matches since its inception is a shell of what it used to be, and at this point there are only two things that can be done: save it or scrap it. And I’m all for the former because The X-treme Championship gave the fans a different side of XWL and it gave them something to look forward to, but it just doesn’t do it for me or for them anymore. But this isn’t a call for it to magically return to the golden days, because wrestling is always evolving and the X-treme title and it’s division has to evolve right along with it. It has to be revamped and repacked to renew interest in it, and if that means keeping the belt off TV for a while then so be it. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made in the present so that the rewards can be reaped in the future.

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? MpoEV
Remember when you used to care about seeing this title get defended?

……….But what irks me the most is about how, from where I’m sitting, XWL apparently has much better things to do with their time than bother to fix what’s clearly broken. When you have pansies like Mason Ryan who allegedly quit because he lost a match, and Drew McIntyre who humorously yet pitifully thinks that beating on a retired wrestler, a washed up former champion, and a guy nowhere near a championship scene will bring him success, trashing the division then you know something is wrong, but XWL doesn’t seem to realize or doesn’t seem to care that there is something wrong. I mean Zack Ryder, the current champion at the time of this writing, is more concerned about his lover’s spat with Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler with the title being an afterthought, and if he drops the title it’ll be to R-Truth, the guy I honestly thought was out injured or fired or took time out to help heal his buddy Miz back to full health, and things won’t get any better with him being the face of things.

……….Don’t get me wrong, there have been some attempts, some very half-assed attempts, to get things back on track. A division dedicated to the title was almost a nice idea but it was executed poorly because instead of putting in guys who were worth a damn, we ended up with guys who looked like they were just there to collect a paycheck and with a division filled to the brim with scrubs, there was nowhere for that division to go but down. This division also ended up limiting the pool of ‘talent’ Alex Shelley was able to select from when the concept of The X-treme Championship Series rolled about, and the Series was stuck with a bunch of guys who we forgot existed dooming it before it even began. But that was okay in XWL’s eyes because as the dirt sheets reported, management was too busy sipping their wines and joking about how long the series lasted compared to Resistance to bother trying to fix that sinking ship.

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? TZD5X
Was the series’ failure a case of bad timing or of being too little too late?

……….It’s okay though because now they can sip their wines and make snide remarks about ‘how the title has fallen’ instead of actively trying to help it rise back up. But of course I imagine if you try to question them about it management will say something along the lines of: they’ve tried to do everything they could to bring back the title back to prominence. By ‘everything’ they surely must mean how they completely opted to ignore the division in favor of bringing in the new XWL 15 medal in hopes that maybe some of its success will magically rub off on the X-treme Championship. I’m not hating on the 15 Medal at all, but I can’t help but feel it’ll be popular at the expense of the X-Treme Title. This could be XWL’s way of quietly phasing out the X-Treme Title which would be a shame because XWL certainly has room for two gimmick titles because each one would have their audience and it gives the wrestlers a varied choice when it comes to deciding which belt to go after, but they absolutely cannot co-exist at the same time if XWL is going to put all their effort and resources into one and forget about the other.

……….Management could also complain that it’s the lack of competitors that’s holding back the title when it’s their fault for that in the first place for locking out wrestlers for months who may have wanted to compete for the belt with the creation of that division which no doubt left a bad taste in their mouths. Nobody likes standing on the outside looking in, and after they watched helplessly as people who didn’t care about the title as much as they did ruined what prestige it had they eventually lost interest. How to get them to regain that interest? Who knows, but it’s not impossible and I believe all we really need are two guys who care about the belt to go after it, and maybe their passion and hunger will spark many more challengers who feel the same way, but that’s a case of something that’s far easier said than done.

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? QvZnK
If Mr. Fn wasn’t going through an identity crisis, I’m sure he’d be disappointed.

……….Is the era of the X-treme Title dead? Not quite, because there’s still hope, but it’s up to XWL to get things to turnaround or these could be the belt’s final days and talk about going out with a whimper instead of a bang. Though of course, I could be wrong and as I speak XWL could be working on an amazing concept that’ll shut me up and light a fire under the division. That’s most likely not the case as the company’s track record of indifference towards the belt and expecting things to fix itself without their interference more than speaks for itself. Hopefully things will turn around before it’s too late and the damage to the title’s reputation becomes irreversible. Do something to make the fans think you haven’t given up yet, XWL. Anything.

[S4]Feud Updates
Who’s been getting on each other’s nerves lately?
XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Breakd
Johnny Curtis vs. A Contract
Once again Curtis pulled out all the stops with his imitation of Mick Foley’s persona’s only to get shut down again. What does Curtis have to do to get an official roster spot on Breakdown?

Kurt Angle vs. Matt Morgan
Kurt believes that Morgan was the man who attacked him while Morgan denies it and counters by saying Angle is afraid of him. Is there a match at Digital Decision in the works? Or are both of these men all talk?

CM Punk vs. The Corporation
The Corporation made their presence felt on Breakdown striking fear into the hearts of many and making those thinking of challenging them think twice about doing it. Can Punk somehow find a way to pull through this?

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemp1
Chavo Guerrero vs. Kid Kash
After a big war of words, Chavo ended up hiring someone to take out Kash with a chair, and at Digital Decision he will get the chance to do it himself. Can Chavo restrain himself until then? Or will Kash successfully get in his head?

John Cena vs. Sheamus
The promo between these two ended with a Brogue Kick and Sheamus wasn’t done there as he went after Cena again later in the night. Is Sheamus the one who attacked Cena or is he doing all of this for fun?

Davey Richards
Davey announced that he will be putting his rematch clause to good use at Digital Decision and the physical encounter between the two men on Redemption shows that they can’t wait to get a piece of each other.

Zack Ryder vs. Cody Rhodes
If it wasn’t official before, Zack Ryder has announced that he and Cody will face off again at Digital Decision. A Last Man Standing and Stretcher match have been announced as options with the winner of the Beat the Clock sprint announcing the third.

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker
Before Redemption went off the air, a casket mysteriously appeared on the stage. How will Orton respond to the message Taker sent?

[S5]Diva’s Corner
Quick peak at what the Divas have been up to.
XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? A2Tjg
Natalya had some big words during her return to XWL putting down everyone who isn’t Canadian while not hesitating to bring up how great she thinks she is. Though she certainly believes she’s the best, only time will tell if she’ll be able to get back to championship status, and after defeating Beth she’s definitely on the right track.

Kaitlyn laid out the ground rules for her match with Michelle McCool and now only time will tell who will come up with the win when they go head to head in their rematch at Digital Decision.

Mickie James ended Velvet Sky’s unprecedented winning streak but Hardcore Country must have bigger things on her mind, like her exchange with Trish Stratus at Unforgiven.

Eve once again tried to seduce to get what she wants and it may have worked because Layla fell to the monstrous Kharma, and that may have been enough to soften Layla up for their title match at Digital Decision.

Brie Bella made a special appearance on Ask The Heel to put the divas and the divas champion on notice proclaiming that she will become champion sooner rather than later.

[S6] Newsletter Reviews
One of our editors takes a look at the segments of both brands.
Redemption
John Cena vs. Sheamus
Really liked the way this started out and you’re showing that you have it in you to be a good Cena. Things slowed down a bit in those last two paragraphs before Sheamus came out but overall it was a nice way to get things started. I loved how Sheamus came out with the OJ ‘If I had done it’ defense making himself look even more suspect and the back and forth between the two men was all right, with Cena getting the better of Sheamus verbally until Sheamus kicked him in the face. Nice promo you two and good luck with your feud.

Jeff Hardy
The premise of the promo was a little odd, and you jumped the gun with it, so I’ll just focus on the speaking parts which were good, but it wasn’t the way I was expecting you to portray Hardy. I thought you’d give him a more creepy/mysterious vibe instead of pretty much sounding normal, but in any case I did enjoy that little story he told with Lita and the cliff. If you do keep them together I hope she gets a big role and not get Aksana’d.

Batista
The promo did what it was meant to do which was re-introduce Batista to the masses and it was good read and it had some humor in it which was nice with the way Batista talked about the movie he’s in and how Tyson Kidd basically didn’t stand a chance against him. Good start with this and looking forward to more.

R-Truth
The bit in the beginning with the sunglasses was funny and then things got a bit interesting towards the middle and end. Truth going back into conspiracy mode made this a special read and I hope this promo is one of many and not a rare occurrence.

Austin Aries/Ted DiBiase
This gimmick is looking like it can be something good with Aries having to interview people, and if this interview showed anything it was that we could be in for some great moments in the future. Aries ignoring Ted was something he’d definitely do because no man is as interesting to A Double as A Double and you gotta love how much Ted name dropped Punk and it seems Punk’s comments the other week really got to him. The only thing about this promo that seemed odd was that gif that was randomly thrown in as it really seemed out of place. Other than that this was a good read.

Curt Hawkins
Glad to see Hawkins back, though this kind of left a little to be desired because of the many things it promised for the future and the little it delivered in the present. Basically I’m waiting to see how this alliance plays out between Hawkins and Reks because bringing him in as a bodyguard to protect Hawkins from whatever he needs protecting from makes me want to see where this thing goes.

Ezekiel Jackson
Although short, this was better than your JBL promo, though I’m waiting to see you do something more as Zeke like get into a feud or something, so this whole being angry backstage thing doesn’t get old.

Crimson
This piece letting the people know that Crimson is back was good and well-written and I’ll say again it’s great to you be active, even if it has to be as Crimson. plain mischief:

Davey Richards
I like how Davey once again owns up to his loss and admits that he lost to Christian cleanly, but how he has taken offense to Christian throwing away the old title and spitting on its legacy. Davey waiting until the PPV where the fans have a say in the matter, shows how he respects the people, and is a prime example of why he can’t stand Christian because he doesn’t respect anyone or anything but himself.

Breakdown
Opener
There’s two things that opening paragraph that I have to point out, the first being ‘fifth teen’ and the set up for everything was a little weird because it looks like Foley was about to end his little speech before he was interrupted and it seemed odd for him to go all the way down to the ring to say the little that he did. But that minor stuff aside this was a nice light hearted, funny promo and it’s really creative how you’ve been able to come up with different ways for Curtis to try and convince Mick to give him a contract. I’m interested in seeing how long this goes and how far Curtis will have to go to get what he wants.

Natalya
This was a nice read, though a few missed commas and grammar mishaps didn’t make it as smooth a read as it could have, but none of that really took away from the promo. Natalya’s attitude shone through and you could easily tell how confident she was in her abilities and how she believes that she’s better than most divas, including Beth and Nattie’s shots at her added to the enjoyment of reading it. Her playing up to her Canadian heritage was nice as was her little tribute to Bret with the quote of his signature line. All in all it was good, just needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Antonio Cesaro
Cesaro’s attitude and the way he seems to have an excuse for everything makes reading stuff involving him enjoyable. I like how he’s a cool, calm, and collected type of heel and also how his pride in his country never wavers. Only thing is that it would be interesting to see Aksana used a bit more in matches or in promos.

Kaitlyn
This was one of the promos where it was so easy to read from beginning to end, though I guess part of that could be attributed to its length, but the way Kaitlyn was portrayed as just a girl who wants to put Michelle in her place just made this a pleasant read. The options listed for the match were interesting, and I’d personally love to see how they’d fare in a submission match or strap if the write-up for it delivers. Also, I’d love to see if Michelle actually apologized if she ended up losing.

Drew McIntyre
Enjoyed this promo better than the last and of the three paragraphs I enjoyed the last the most because it was a strong way to close things up and show what McIntyre is all about. Looking forward to seeing how this character continues to grow and evolve.

JBL
The way it was written was odd with the way you used words like ‘I’am’ but the gist of the promo was all right with JBL taunting the crowd into thinking he would waste his money on them. It was also nice to see some Pro-American stuff to offset the Switz and Scot love shown earlier. The part with the midget was funny in a ‘I can’t believe what I’m reading right now’ kind of way, but it definitely made this promo stand out which I guess is a plus in its own right.

Kurt Angle/Matt Morgan
This was surprisingly a good read and the back and forth dialogue between the two guys was enjoyable, and it’s great to see Sdogg putting in work as somebody because he’s not too shabby. The way Angle kept putting down Morgan only for Morgan to come back and claim Angle was afraid of him was enjoyable and this promo had a few fun moments like that smell bit with Angle and I’m hoping that this feud goes somewhere because it has the potential to be really good.

Corporation
Love what you guys are doing with this and how you had these little re-introductions to show the world just what The Corporation is and what their intentions are not just for Breakdown but for XWL as a whole. Also, loving the difference between Brock’s super seriousness and Rock who is always clowning around. They both made reading the promo great and Vince’s parts made things even better. Can’t wait to see what happens when Punk gets in on the mix.

Alex Riley
Nice little promo here showing that Riley is a class act with the way he still give respect where it’s due in terms of Kane’s ring ability and how he even claims Kane may have been having an off night at Unforgiven. Yet at the same time he has his confidence saying that he has long term plans for the XWL 15 medal. The dream match bit at the end was a nice touch as it helped us learn a bit more about Riley as a person.

[S7] Spots of the Week

Redemption
XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Batyson
Batista hits a devastating 1-2 punch to put away Tyson.

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Chriscena
The Intercontinental Champ strings together 4 moves in an impressive combo.

Breakdown
XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Kagnery
Mark Henry’s lone highlight before he fell to Kane in their match.

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Evancesaro
This is proof that taunting in the middle of a match isn’t always the best idea.

Divas
XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Micksky
Mickie shows that women can fly just as well as men.

[S8] Quotes of the Week
Don’t make me laugh, girl, so why don’t you go on and scurry onto the back and make me a sandwich and a slightly warmed glass of milk so I can continue talking to these wonderful people on a full stomach?
-Kid Kash

You see, Mick, I enjoy pain! But the one pain I cannot bare is Johnny Curtis being jobless, so why don't you take the Dude's advice and give him a job?
-Johnny Curtis as Cactus Jack

But someone, now I don't know who, but someone thought that a good week for John Cena? Now that just couldn't happen!
-John Cena

You should all be grateful that I even decided to perform for you at all. I am finally becoming what was destined off me and I am on a path which no one will be able to stop…
-Drew McIntyre

I was indeed working on set for XWL Films new movie, 'The Legendary Chaperone 2' which I might add will be in theaters this holiday season.
-Batista

The only thing that I'm scared of is my career hitting an all time low by stooping down to your level.
-Kurt Angle

CM Punk
-Ted DiBiase Jr.

Now The Corporation has the whole shebang! We have the three B's...We've got the Brains with Mr McMahon! The Brawn with Brock Lesnar and of course...The Beauty with The Rock!
-The Rock

At Digital Decision I will take it back and I will put you back in your place and remember Christian I am not the one being hunted, YOU ARE!!!!! The hunt is on!!!!!!!
-Davey Richards

Hello, Petey? Clean out your garage, it’s time to get the band back together
-Alex Shelley

[S9]Newsletter Exclusive
Exclusive XWL content that you just can't get anywhere else.

We showed you the video of Mickie James’ confrontation with Trish Stratus at Unforgiven, and now we’ve got exclusive footage of their match at a house show last week. Hope you guys enjoy!

[S10]Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
The top stories floating about the water cooler.
Secret Operation?
Alex Shelley, Kurt Angle and John Cena have all been attack by masked assailants and people are starting to suspect that The Corporation may be behind it as they try to take over the league one superstar at a time.

XWL Returns
We received a tip from an inside source that Big Show may be planning a return to XWL. We are not quite sure in what capacity the World’s Largest Athlete will return and if he will even be wrestling, but he may be on his way back.

Justin Gabriel has reportedly inked a new deal after being taken out by Michael McGillicutty weeks before Unforgiven. The former world champ was said to be not himself and it may be awhile before he regains his championship drive.

Crimson has made his return to Redemption and we received word from someone in XWL that his comments made about the veterans got him some heat in the back and he may have even gotten into a little scuffle with one of the vets.

Dealing with a fraud
Last week in his interview Zack Ryder claimed that Joey Ryan wore a fake mustache and we couldn’t find the master of sleaze in time to get his comment.

Daniel Bryan and CM Punk weren’t on Breakdown and we have reason to believe that the two were out partying instead of turning into work.

Doing the Time
Austin Aries was apparently demoted to an interviewer, and we have heard from our sources that this may be his punishment due to the way he has treat So Cal Val during their time together.

We have heard that Tyler Reks wasn’t actually hired by Hawkins to be his body guard but was in fact put by Hawkins’ side by XWL Management to make sure that Hawkins doesn’t cross the line.

Unsolved Mystery
Kid Kash was supposedly trying to get the man who hit him with a steel chair apprehended though the man was never found. It is possible that Kash may show up next week to settle some business.

The bitter truth
A source close to Mick Foley has informed us that the reason he won’t give Johnny Curtis a job is because he feels Curtis isn’t cut out for the wrestling business. We tried to get in contect with both parties for a comment but to no avail.

[S11]Interview: XWL Owner
We’ve struck gold folks and managed to land an interview with the head honcho himself. Oh and as I heads up, I’m planning my vacation soon and someone very special will take over while I’m gone.
Interviewer: First off, I'd like to thank you for taking time out of your day to do this interview. Is it rare to get five minutes to yourself with the workload you have to balance?

XWL Owner: I wouldn't say it's rare but I always have something I should be doing whether it's to do with the league or personal life.

Interviewer: How much has your personal life affected the way you've been able to run this league? Would you say it's made things more difficult?

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? XWLowner1

XWL Owner: It's definitely a struggle to keep them separate sometimes. But what I can say, I'm only human.

Interviewer: And as a human you're bound to let your emotions get the best of you. But some would say that that's the case far too often, that you're far too willing to let your anger out on your co-workers and associates. Any truth to that?

XWL Owner: I'm not going to deny that, it's never intentional but I guess the stress from what I've had to deal with in life is sometimes too much to deal with any league stress. I created the league as an outlet to escape from certain things so when met with any league type of issues I'll admit I don't always handle them in the best way. I don't mean to, I don't hate anyone personally or really dislike any certain member it's just a lot of times I'm caught at the wrong time. Some could say that's a lot more often than not but I'm trying to change that.

Interviewer: What are the type of league stresses that you've had to go through? Is it the members? Just the day to day grind?

XWL Owner: What some might not really get, and some will, but running a league isn't just organizing cards, rosters, or helping out new members. As the owner you also have to really make it your job to make everyone happy. How do you make everyone happy you ask? You can't. But I have done everything physically possible over the last three years to do just that. Whether it's solving disputes between members, or coming up with solutions to unexpected problems.

Interviewer: What are some of the strangest and some of the most difficult problems you've had to solve? And do you ever feel like it's you against the world when you try and handle these situations?

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? XWLowner3

XWL Owner: Well it's never fun coming up with a plan when the Mr. Money In The Bank has personal issues come up and we have to find a replacement. But I (sadly) pretty much expect that every year now as terrible as that sounds. I don't know if it's the stress of the huge impending opportunity that they find themselves in possession of, or if they just weren't ready for it to begin with, but since it seems personalities and attitudes you're bound to have those people sometimes collide, but there have been occasions where that just gets completely out of control and you either have to warn the people involved or sadly release one side that is unwilling to compromise to a solution that we come up with. My staff is very helpful, of course with any company you could always have more help but when I need them they're there.

Interviewer: And during all of this I'm sure you've gotten into some verbal arguments with some people. What are some of the worst things you've said to someone and that someone has said to you?

XWL Owner: Just the usual profane words and stupid insults, someone once brought my sick mother into things, but that's as worse as it's gotten really.

Interviewer: There's one particular superstar by the name of CM Punk who has taken it upon himself to take shots at how the league is being run. Have you taken the things he has said personally?

XWL Owner: Sometimes they do seem as nothing more than just a personal shot to get at ya, but that comes with the territory of running XWL. Not everyone is gonna be your biggest fan, sometimes it feels like I have more people like that than actual fans, but not every decision you make will be popular. But as I have been in control of this company for going on four years, I feel for the most part I do know what's best for the league as a whole. Some may disagree, and they are heard, but not everything that they necessarily want can be done. A lot of factors play into any changes and you have to consider if it's more positive than it is negative as well as the other way around.

Interviewer: And you have been making some steps in the right direction with the introduction of the XWL 15 medal, the planned Special SuperShows, the X-Treme Championship Series, all in the name of freshening things up. Would you say things are moving in the right direction? And could you give us a hint about other big things you have planned for XWL?

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? XWLowner5

XWL Owner: I'd say things have been moving in the right direction ever since XWL made it to its first month. We've consistently improved over time, many thought brands wouldn't be a possibility, and in the past they would have been right, but XWL had the right roster last year and it was the right time to pull the switch. Sometimes you just have to chance it and for the most part I'd say it was the best decision in a while. It's a way of giving the fans more and that's always a good thing. As for any future changes, the staff and I are always talking of ways to improve the product and the experience. Of course going back to the new plans for XWL supershows we actually have one set to take place right after our annual Digital Decision pay-per-view event. So you don't wanna miss that because not only will it be exciting, it could potentially be game changing for our superstars and divas.

Interviewer: You talk about how great your roster is and do you get your hands dirty and try to push as many people as you can? Or do you sit back and let them control their own destiny?

XWL Owner: It's a little bit of both, there are those that stick out as potential huge draws, but everyone is given an opportunity to make a name for themself in some shape or form, whether it's a championship match or just a regular match, we're always watching very closely. But what they do with that chance is entirely on them, sometimes they make the most of it and begin a rise to the top, and sometimes

Interviewer: Are there any superstars on your radar right now? Perhaps a mention by you will be all the motivation they need.

XWL Owner: Daniel Bryan, Drew McIntyre, Kane, Chavo Guerrero, John Cena, even Sheamus all have potential to be big things, and if they continue to do the right things and work hard enough they could get that one victory they need to cement themselves as a superstar.

Interviewer: Now what about the guys who have upset you or disappointed you when you thought they could to big things in this league?

XWL Owner: The Miz is a big name that's up in the air, he could be a really top star, some thought he was on the rise last year but then he sadly suffered an injury so hopefully he can climb back up to the status he was nearing. Jericho was a fairly big name too and he's seemingly dropped off the map recently so it's sad to see. Triple H is another good one, he's never climbed to the top of XWL, he has the potential as well, and it's a shame that even though he was a big name outside of XWL, he just can't find his ground here. Hopefully once he gets his personal issues solved that'll change.

Interviewer: Speaking of things outside of XWL, there was another league that tried to give you a run for your money. Did you ever once feel like your reign as one of the best leagues was in jeopardy?

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? XWLowner8

XWL Owner: Without getting into the extremities of that, no. They had potential but too many wrong decisions always kept them from reaching our level.

Interviewer: And you've been on that level for quite some time. Have you ever wondered if XWL has an expiration date?

XWL Owner: Everything does, nothing is forever as they say, and that's completely true with this. Do I think that's going to be anytime soon though? Absolutely not. In the past I might say "anything could happen" but we've exceeded all expectations we originally had and I truly believe XWL still has so much more bring to you and the fans for years to come.

Interviewer: Are you sure that can be the case right now though? Because The Corporation looks like they want to run this company right into the ground.

XWL Owner: Because of Vince McMahon. Where is the WWE today? Obviously left in the past because Vince McMahon is here trying to get back what he lost in my company. I make the rules not him, and I can assure you he's running nothing but his mouth at this point.

Interviewer: Dolph Ziggler has been running his mouth too as he denies spending any time in jail for hacking Ryder's show. Can you confirm or deny those rumors?

XWL Owner: I can neither confirm nor deny those rumors, but I will say some of your rumors have been spot on, I don't know where you get your sources but bravo on that.

Interviewer: Well something that isn't a rumor but a topic we'd definitely like your opinion on is the situation between Chavo Guerrero and Kid Kash. Now it was already confirmed by everyone involved that XWL hired Kash, but the details are a little fuzzy. Was it because you felt he brought out a side in Chavo you haven't seen in a while, or did you all have other motives?

XWL Owner: Chavo Guerrero at one time was a very sadistic man, he did unspeakable things and had this edge about him that many in the company felt made him stand out....But in the past year he's become nothing but a shell of what he once was, so while Kash was an expensive investment, it was all done to light a fire under him like no one on the current roster seemed to be able to do anymore. Of course with an investment like that there are precautions to take because you need to protect your money, so with that there will be consequences for anyone endangering him.

Interviewer: Speaking of protecting your money, Mick Foley was hired to run Breakdown but throughout the months he let Resistance take over and now he's denying a contract to a man who would love nothing more than to be part of the XWL Roster. Do you feel like he's doing his job right? And have you ever considered replacing him? Or even Vickie Guerrero?

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? XWLowner9

XWL Owner: Both Mick Foley and Vickie Guerrero have been given their spots because they're deserving and reliable. As for who they allow and don't allow on their brands is up to them to an extent, but if we feel a change needs to be made that they don't support well obviously we'll step in and do what's right. There was talk of replacing Mick a while ago during Resistance, but he found the right superstar to help him end their existence so we're very happy with his performance as well as Vickie's.

Interviewer: What about your commentators? People feel that Michael Cole is too annoying and that King and JR are past their primes are we in for a shakeup anytime soon?

XWL Owner: Perhaps, it all depends on the candidates and what they could bring to the product that the others just can't. Freshness is a big part of this industry, we added Cole last year to shake things up, and while he's not a favorite, he does provide some interesting moments. But we'll see maybe there are new ones waiting in the wings, you'll just have to wait and see.

Interviewer: Before we go, do you have any parting words? Perhaps one last thing you want to get off your chest?

XWL Owner: Not really we've pretty much covered everything, I appreciate the interview and keep up the great work on the newsletter.

[S12]Power 15
1) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Breakdownshawnmichaels (48.5)
The Heartbreak Kid a win in the main event, but with no promo he couldn’t put a bigger gap between the 1 and 2 spots.

2) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Breakdowndaniel (44.5)
No promo or match for Daniel Bryan means that he drops a spot this week.

3) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptionrandyorton (43.5)
Orton couldn’t overcome the combination of the Rock and Brock Lesnar, but he still manages to remain in the top 3.

4) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptionteddibiase (42.5)
DiBiase didn’t see any in ring action this week, but his interview with Austin Aries helped more than it hurt.

5) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptionbrocklesnar (41)
Lesnar picked up a win against Orton and his appearance on Breakdown helps him get into the top 55 this week.

6) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Xwlredemptionmichaelmcg (37)
McGillicutty dropped a match against Davey Richards which isn’t a good look heading into his World Title match.

7) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptionmaryse (30)
Maryse was nowhere to be seen this week.

8 ) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptioncody (23.5)
Once again Cody had better things to do than wrestle this week, like antagonize Zack Ryder.

9) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptionchristian (23)
Christian decided to lose by count out rather than pin fall but a loss is a loss and Christian may drop out of the top 10 at this rate.

10) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? DQfwy (21.5)
Angle’s entertaining promo with Matt Morgan helped make up for the lack of a match.

-) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptionchavoguerrero (21.5)
Chavo didn’t get his match against Jericho, but his opener with Kid Kash helps keep him right inside the top 10.

12) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Breakdownkane (19)
Kane failed once again to defeat Alex Riley but the Big Red Monster is never down for good.

-) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptionezekiel (19)
Big Zeke had some interesting things to say, but his loss against Stone Cold didn’t do him any favors.

14) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? HtRnA (18)
Cesaro finally gets a win that means something, and his nice promo gets him in position to make some noise in the rankings.

15) XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptionjohncena (16)
Cena couldn’t get the pin on Christian, but his promo with Sheamus helps him sneak into the top 15.

[S13]The Stars Speak Out
We asked a bunch of questions last week so let’s see which ones the people have decided to bite on.
It seems the stars were busy this week, but we’ll try harder to get an answer out of them next time around.

Next week’s question:
Are you looking forward to Digital Decision?

[S14]Digital Decision Update
Digital Decision is right around the corner! Check here as matches are added so you can keep tabs on what you have and haven’t voted for yet.
Digital Decision: 7/1/12-7/8/12
Match 1
XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? RedemptionundertakerXWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptionrandyorton
A)Casket Match
B)Ambulance Match

Match 2
XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? YWQbWXWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? GxXRB
A)TLC
B)Street Fight
C)Hell in a Cell

Match 3
XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? BC0gfXWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Lt0lu
A)No Countout Match
B)Submissions Only Match
C)Strap Match

Match 4
XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? RedemptionchavoguerreroXWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? B7OQH
A)Barbed Wire Steel Cage
B)Falls Count Anywhere
C)Lumberjack Match

Match 5
Intercontinental Championship Match
XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptionicchristian XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Redemptiondavey
A)Chairs Match
B)Fight Without Honor Match
C)Lumberjack

[S15] Wrap Up
I’ll throw in the ol’: if you ever want to do your own spotlight article, want to be interviewed, or have an idea for a new section let me know.
Back to top Go down

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title?   XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Amazing as always, keep it up Krzy plain mischief:

Also liked the new editions of quotes and spots of the week, those were cool. Razz
Back to top Go down

XWL Newsletter 6/17: How 'Bout That X-Treme Title?
Page 1 of 1