Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Empty
PostSubject: XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches   XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:43 pm

XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches LKVnE

Quick Search (Use Ctrl+F)
[S1] Archives
[S2] Overview
[S3] Spotlight
[S4] Feud Updates
[S5] Diva’s Corner
[S6] Reviews
[S7]Spots of the Week
[S8]Quotes of the Week
[S9] Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
[S10]Interview
[S11] Superstar Rankings
[S12] The Stars Speak Out
[S13]Wrap Up

[S1]Archives
Missed an old newsletter? Want to re-read an old article? Catch up here!
9/23/11, 10/2/11, 5/13/12, 5/20/12, 5/27/12, 6/3/12, 6/10/12, 6/17/12
6/25/12

[S2]Overview
Digital Decision is here! And I hope you guys have prepared yourself because I have a strong feeling that we’re going to be taken on one hell of a ride. How could you not be looking forward to this PPV? This is the show we’ve made with our votes, and now it’s time to see how we were able to shape the outcome of some of these rivalries. Every title will be on the line, as will pride and bragging right because these guys and gals have been talking the talking for quite a while now, and now is the time when we can finally see if they’ll be able to walk the walk. I don’t know about you, but I’m stoked about this show and I can’t wait to see what the landscape of XWL looks like after the dust has settled.

[S3]A Look at Digital Decision’s Title Matches
……….I know that some of you may be turned off and might even become a little disinterested when you look at the title matches lined up for Digital Decision to find that nothing has really changed from month to month. Feelings of having seen something like this before may slowly creep through your mind and you can even find yourself wondering what else will be on television while the pay per view is going on. I don’t blame you for feeling that way because I did too at first when I saw that all four title matches were essentially Unforgiven re-matches. I essentially got that been there, done that vibe, and I was almost ready to spend my Sunday night outside doing something productive, like mowing the lawn or… well let’s not carried away here.

……….Eve Torres vs. Layla for the Divas Championship, Davey Richards vs. Christian for the Intercontinental Championship, Daniel Bryan vs. Shawn Michaels for the United States Championship and Michael McGillicutty vs. Ted DiBiase Jr. are all matches that we’ve seen before at Unforgiven but it doesn’t mean that they’ll all be the same matches that we’ll see again at Digital Decision. Meaning that a pay per view like Digital Decision offers a new environment and a unique premise in that the people are given the power through their votes and that gives these superstars a fresh set of downs, if I can use a football term here, in terms of how their battle is waged.

XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches ZvZKS
Christian being champ this time around is the only drastic change between the matches.

……….These champions and challengers not knowing what their matches will be offers up an interesting dynamic to the match because they have to prepare for two or even three different possibilities instead of putting all their focus into just the one. Not to mention that these aren’t the same guys mentally or physically that they were last month. Ted DiBiase has admitted that his arm still may be 100% and Daniel Bryan must have nightmares about Shawn Michaels making him tap to his own submission.

……….The circumstances surrounding the championships are much different as well as Davey Richards only has one rematch clause and Daniel Bryan in on attempt number three to win the US Title and chances are he won’t be sniffing a forth anytime soon. At Digital Decision everybody will be leaving it all on the line to walk away as champion and they’ll be willing to sacrifice more than a sane man would to accomplish that goal. It’s now or never for some of these guys and it’s time for them to prove the doubters wrong. Eve has to show that she can overcome Layla’s cheap tricks and McGillicutty has to prove that it wasn’t a fluke or pure luck that he got where he did.

……….What this all boils down to is that these matches have a lot more to offer and even if you think you’ve seen it before, these guys have the talent and the drive and a couple more tricks up their sleeves and pages in their book to put on a show like you’ve never seen before. You shouldn’t be upset because your favorites aren’t getting the shot you think they deserve because these current crop of guys have quite a bit more to offer. And you never know when Digital Decision is all said and done you may find yourself thinking that things were better the second or even third time around.

[S4]Feud Updates
Who’s been getting on each other’s nerves lately?
XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemp1
Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker & Dolph Ziggler
Though Orton has his mind and heart set on ending Taker at Digital Decision, he seems to have a picked up a new enemy in Ziggler especially after a sudden RKO ending their verbal spat.

Chavo Guerrero vs. Kid Kash
After striking Kash and putting his job at risk, Chavo made his stand on Redemption as was told his match would happen at Digital Decision with a few added stipulations. Kash put an end to Chavo’s night with two Money Makers giving himself a nice advantage heading into their match.

Joey Ryan vs. AJ Styles
Styles made a surprise appearance on Redemption and just like that Ryan has plans for the PPV but unfortunately for him, they don’t involve the intercontinental championsihip.

John Cena vs. Sheamus
The two men did battle at an autograph signing giving us a sneak peak at what will happen during their encounter at Digital Decision.

XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Breakd
Matt Morgan vs. Kurt Angle
These two men were on different brands but that didn’t stop them from verbally going at it and the end was result was their match at Digital Deicision. Can Kurt Angle avenge the assault that was apparently done by Morgan’s hands? Or will Morgan show Angle exactly why they call him The Blueprint?

Ted DiBiase vs. Michael McGillicutty
McGillicutty opted to take the week off in preparation of his big title match while DiBiase suffered a loss to Daniel Bryan. Neither man is heading into their match with a head full of steam and the World Title is truly anyone’s for the taking in this contest.

The Corporation vs. Triple H
On his quest for revenge against Brock Lesnar, Triple H has caught the attention of The Corporation and that’s not a good thing. At Digital Decision he may realize first hand why some people consider The Corporation unstoppable.

Mr. Anderson vs. Mick Foley
Foley was attacked before Breakdown went on the air and Anderson claims to have nothing to do with it and the loud mouth proclaimed that Digital Decision will be the end of Foley as we know him.

[S5]Diva’s Corner
Quick peak at what the Divas have been up to.
XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches A2Tjg
*With Kharma nowhere to be seen, Maryse decided it was finally safe to return to Redemption and unfortunately for the guy interviewing her, her attitude didn’t change a bit. Layla was there to set Maryse straight, however, with a pre-match beat down sending a message to her rival Eve.

*Eve had a message of her own for Layla and let the women who claims to be simply flawless know that her time as champ is coming to an end and even hinted that Teddy Long may be a ringside to watch the events unfold.

*A mysterious diva had appeared on Redemption dubbing herself the anti-diva and she made some interesting remarks though only time will tell if they will be taken seriously or not.

*On Breakdown, Raquel Diaz made her debut in a losing effort to Kaitlyn, though the diva made it clear that her family background makes her better than most divas, including the Harts which Natalya immediately took offense to.

[S6] Newsletter Reviews
One of our editors takes a look at the segments of both brands.
Redemption
Randy Orton/Dolph Ziggler
Enjoyed reading this promo and it’s great to see you two potentially working into a feud ad the set of things was really nice with Orton claiming that Vickie has no control with him being living proof of that and Dolph coming out to defend his women. Randy Orton’s lines to Dolph in the promo were pretty interesting in the way that he was saying the similar things to what Undertaker’s been saying to him. Only thing to me is that Dolph came off a bit face –like when I read through this the first time aside from the parts when he talked about how great he was but I guess that was only because he was dealing with Orton. In any case this was a great promo to kick off the rivalry and I’m looking forward to seeing where things go next.

Paige
I liked the promo because of the mysteriousness because we don’t know, or shouldn’t know who this women is but she seems to know everything about the females in XWL. Aside from the repeated use of diva in the first paragraph the promo was good and I hope you can pull this character off well and make her stand out as an anti-diva since Maxine was sort of doing the same thing on Breakdown.

Batista
This was a solid promo where you reiterated the points made over the weeks that you aren’t playing around this time around in XWL and you will dominate everyone put in front of you and it’s nice that Batista’s been able to back it up so far.

Randy Orton
Nice promo here to give us a little insight about what’s going through Orton’s mind after what he went through earlier in the show and I do like how the line: “if [superstar] looks at me funny, I’ll [threat]” is slowly starting to become a signature line of Orton’s because it just shows how the smallest things can set him off in big ways. Despite the bad night it was great how he didn’t miss a beat and he still warned Dolph &Chavo that he’ll be on the loose once he’s done with Undertaker at the PPV.

Crimson
You gotta love how Crimson is talking about how great he is without doing a single thing to make his comments legit, good heel stuff there. Some good heel stuff also came from the way he showed that he completely looks down on his potential challengers at the PPV and his promise to make the X-treme Championship worth something. Only flaws with this promo were the way sentences would drag on or how you’d capitalize a letter after a comma. Other than that the writing was fine and the promo was good.

Joey Ryan
As usual with all your other Joey Ryan, I enjoyed his character in this one and the mix of him being sleazy and feeling underappreciated on the roster. His points on how he felt he should be next in line for a title match was legit, but Vickie had a great comeback to that. Nice to see that AJ/Ryan is coming to a close, though it sucks that it’s happening this way.

Big Show
Big Show coming on Redemption to let his opponents know what he thinks of them was good and his comments made towards the other three men made it clear that the insults they think are hurting him are only making him want to hurt them more. Zeke/Lashley comparison was off and Show repeated himself a bit at times, but aside from that this was a good read.

Joey Ryan
Enjoyed this one just like the last although he was kinda repeating himself from the earlier promo in the first paragraph. It’s cool to see how Joey’s frustrations are slowly building up and Vickie having to get someone to personally deal with Joey is making things look really interesting heading into the future.

John Cena/Sheamus
I enjoyed the first part of his promo as you’re slowly starting to get better at being Cena and there’s really not much to comment on it aside from that. You’re Cena promos are a good read, and it’s nice that you’ve gotten a feud to help you settle in as him. Also, I think it’s funny how everyone got on NJ but said nothing about Cena’s mention of Sheamus’ ‘man-piece.’ The brawl was fun to read and it was nice way to sit up their match at the PPV.

Jeff Hardy
Loved reading this promo, although it felt like a TBK seg under a different character but regardless, it was great to read through because of the way Jeff said things and the way it was worded. And like the others have said this type of gimmick fits you well so I hope you keep to your word and stick with Jeff because it could lead to some epic promos in the future.

Eve Torres
My favorite part of this promo had to be when Eve started gushing about Teddy Long because although she’s a face, she still knows what she has to do to get what she wants. Also, the way she was determined to not let Layla best her again was great and the shots taken at Layla, especially the one regarding her age are sure to hit hard.

Maryse
Maryse being away modeling seemed legit and it was great seeing her back to her old bitchy ways.

Layla
Layla’s usual quips and insults are always a good read and that was no different here as she completely trashed every women who was brought up with her stuff about Michelle being the most brutal. That could actually set up for some interesting stuff down the line, and that attack on Maryse was a great way to send a message to Eve.

Crimson/Angle/The Rest
Crimson’s opening paragraph was great and I especially loved the comment about Big Show having to sit down at the end. Kurt Angle announcing his alliance with Big Show was a nice shocker and should be heading somewhere interesting.

Breakdown
Raquel Diaz
It was a nice promo though a bunch of spelling and grammar stuff held it back but I liked how you had her play up to the Guerrero heritage and how she has family in XWL. Though at the same time she’s going the McGillicutty route by not depending on her family name to get by. I also liked how she’s already planning on stirring up some trouble by saying that there are women in FCW who are much better than what XWL has to offer and she’s going to use herself to prove that. Only time will tell if she’ll be able to back it up.

Antonio Cesaro
Short and sweet and to the point was this little thingy here and it did its job well and made the point clear that Cesaro is ready to make some moves in XWL and he’s going to use his next opponent to prove it.

Raven
Enjoyed the Raven promo and how you’ve once again captured the essence of Raven’s personality and spirit fairly well. This was just an amazing read and if the comments about Parks lead to something then I’m definitely looking forward to where things go.

Wade Barrett
The descriptiveness was great and I love how it was written overall. This promo appears to be the calm before the storm and I can’t wait to see what you do next as him.

Kenneth Cameron
Liked the dark vibe I got from this promo and at one point Cameron said something that led me to believe that Cameron doesn’t consider himself a human so seeing this character take shape over the next couple of weeks should be a sight to see.

Kurt Angle/Matt Morgan
This was a nice promo between you two and it was a nice way to wrap things up before the PPV. Angle being on Redemption because of a tip he thinks Matt Morgan sent him was a nice way to avoid any physical confrontations and gives Kurt Angle another wild accusation to use. The mystery as to who attacked Angle has yet to be revealed and I’m wondering who it could be at this point now that the search and spread to another brand. Also, liked the bit about Angle picking an iron man match to warm up for his XWL 15 title run but Morgan making the remark about him being higher on the list. Dunno if the PPV is the end of things, but it was definitely a nice feud to follow.

Ted DiBiase
Nice promo with Ted just chillin with an interviewer in an empty arena for some reason. But the things he had to say were interesting and how he’s proud of the things he’s been able to accomplish depite the hate that’s come his way, though he admits to having some missteps along the way like trying to be like his dad. Ted came across like a cool guy in the promo, humble and down to earth though it’s odd that Maryse wasn’t mentioned at all. His message to McGillicutty was delivered with the kind of emotion you’d expect after all the two men have been through.

Raquel Diaz
This was a nice follow-up with Raquel again bragging about her heritage which seems to be a nice set up for this apparent feud with Natalya. Looking forward to seeing what happens when the two of you work on something together.

Triple H/Brock/Rock
It’s a shame that one of you has to go as soon as the other comes back, but this was a fun feud to follow and Triple coming out and styling on Brock was a nice way to avenge his firing and the hammer shot to CM Punk was a good way to write him out of the feud. Good to see The Rock come out to keep the Corporation name going strong and what I love about this whole storyline is how everything pretty much flows naturally, the things that happen make sense as does the way people enter and leave the storyline.

Mr. Anderson
Good stuff from Anderson here further explaining why he has decided to go after Foley and why it wasn’t him who attacked Foley. It was a nice short to the point seg that did its job well and hyped us up for their encounter at the PPV.

Daniel Bryan/Ted DiBiase
Daniel Bryan hosting his own show should be great and I’m expecting some great stuff out of it down the line. The promo was good with both men showing their mutual respect while at the same time still firmly believing that they’re the best. Also, it was a shame that D Bry broke up with McGillicutty cause the two were great together but it’s nice that he’s finally decided that he’s a face. Overall was a great read and a nice way to set up the friendly competition that will be your match later on.

[S7] Spots of the Week

Redemption
XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Zekeshowcurtspot
Ooh, double finishers.

Breakdown
XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Camcespot
It’s called high risk for a reason, folks.

Divas
XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Raqkaispot
Looks like this move runs in the family.

[S8] Quotes of the Week
Just last night this girl came up to me in the bar, and I told the whore that I am already dating the most beautiful girl in the world, Aksana.
-Antonio Cesaro

The more and more you drag on about him like a teenage girl obsessed with Justin Bieber, the less people care!
-Dolph Ziggler

You can try to entertain all that you like, you can spin through the air and you can bitch slap each other until hell freezes over, but that's not the world we live in, that's not life.
-Raven

I’m Chavo Guerrero and I want the answers before I ask the questions.
-Chavo Guerrero

This time, nothing can stop the Barrett Barrage.
-Wade Barrett

Joey Ryan is the biggest thing to come out of Hollywood and Joey Ryan is the man who made this company what it is today.
-Joey Ryan

Feelings, the humans biggest enemy, feelings manipulate humans in their decisions, feelings are the reason you people feel bad at times, feelings will permanently damage your soul and may as well infect your clear mind.
-Kennth Cameron

You can't keep me away from this business because it's all that I want to do, and the man who can keep me away from this business, well, I applaud that man because he'll have accomplished the impossible.
-John Cena

So here's what The Rock proposes, at Digital Decision, YouAH! The GameAH! The Cerebral AssassinAH! The NoseAH! The worlds biggest NeanderthalAH! The biggestAH stinkingistAH pieceAH of crapAH this company has ever seenAH!
-The Rock

Not to mention I still need to get some shoes that are going to match that Divas Title.
-Maryse

[S9]Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
The top stories floating about the water cooler.
Foreign Problems
Rumor has it that Maryse may have been forced to return from her trip to Paris sooner than expected. Did a lover’s quarrel with her man, Ted, make her come home early?

#Perv
We received a tip from a source in the backstage locker room, that Curt Hawkins had his phone and computer confiscated after comments made about Matt Striker’s genitals led to a fear about what else Hawkins has in his search history.

Surprise Returns?
A source has told us that after seeing the spotlight article last week , The Miz may be considering a return to XWL to show that he still has it.

The Face Behind the Mystery
After weeks of unsuccessfully trying to figure out who attacked him, we have reason to believe that Kurt Angle staged the attack himself so that he had a reason to target Matt Morgan.

Paying for the Crime
In a shocking display of irony, Dolph Ziggler is the one planning on suing Randy Orton after a receiving an RKO at the hands of The Viper.

John Cena and Sheamus have reportedly both been fined for the damages caused during their brawl that was aired last week on Redemption. We couldn’t get in contact with either party to confirm the amount that was charged.

Shame Game
In an interesting story, we have heard that after being fed up with Raquel Diaz’s attitude, the Guerreros didn’t want to associate with her hence the name change and her not appearing on the same brand as her relatives.

The Rock and Vince McMahon were reportedly seen crying and embracing backstage after it was reported that Brock Lesnar would be out for a while. Our cameraman was forcibly removed from the area before he could take a decent photo.

Caught in the Act
After being escorted out of the arena by Al Snow, Joey Ryan was apparently seen trying to get back into the arena, but to no avail.

On Breakdown, one of our informants claimed to have caught Evan Bourne and Michelle McCool in the bathroom together our informant wasn’t 100% sure it was them.

[S10]Interview: Randy Orton
We caught up with The Viper this week to get a word about his feud with The Undertaker.

Interviewer: So Orton, it's been a rollercoaster of a ride for the last two months and I'm about to ask a question I'm sure that everyone wants to know the answer to: Are you okay?

Randy Orton: Define okay…

Interviewer: Okay mentally, okay physically, I mean you attaked your own father and went to war with the Undertaker at Unforgiven. Not that you need to be reminded about that.

XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches CeTwp

Randy Orton: In which way would that make me...not okay? I attacked my own father for a reason and that reason is well documented. When you go up against the Undertaker he takes the slightest little thing from your world like a relationship in this case and turn it into your biggest weakness, I proved to him that I have no weakness that I'm untouchable...that I was ready for that war at Unforgiven.

Interviewer: Yeah, but that was your own father, your own flesh and blood, how could you go through with what you did without hating yourself afterwards? Don't you think that was taking things to far regardless of whether or not Undertaker was involved?

Randy Orton: I've said this time in time again, this industry is relentless, it'll kick your ass to the kerb and beat you down each and every time you try to get up and if you let it, it'll keep you there. As far as I'm concerned, absolutely nothing is too far in this place. I will do whatever it takes to get what I want, call me insane, call me sick, call me whatever the hell you want, but at Bad Blood I made my intentions clear, I wanted a match with The Undertaker and not only did I get that? I beat him within an inch of his life with a steel chair and now I've got another one coming up, this time I'm going to put him down for good and bury his legendary career...regardless of which match is chosen.

Interviewer: You beat him with a steel chair because you got frustrated that you couldn't keep him down as long as you thought you could. What will make the match at Digital Decision any different?

Randy Orton: At Digital Decision, there will be no disqualifications, no count outs, no pin falls and no submissions. The only way I will win this match is if I beat The Undertaker down to the point where he can't move his body...That's the way I like it. No rules. No restrictions. You thought that our match at Unforgiven was a war? You have absolutely no idea what's in store for the Undertaker this Sunday. Whether I have to drag him into a casket...or an ambulance, the result will stay the same.

Interviewer: I think the match at Unforgiven was Undertaker going easy on because he pitied all that you went through to try and impress him. But now he's not playing around and I'm sorry but I don't see you winning that match.

XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Qxe1z

Randy Orton: What?! *Orton gets right up into the interviewers face, grunting inches away from the poor guy* Do you have any idea what I'm capable of? Let's say The Undertaker does come out full steam ahead at Digital Decision you know what I'll do? I'll do the exact same...I will destroy him! All the ignorant people like you who doubt what I can do are what got Taker in this position in the first place. He'll have people like you to thank when I leave him lying in a hospital bed with no career, no body, no nothing! He'll be a shell of his former self...An example to anyone who's stupid enough to step in my way in the future.

Interviewer: You sound a bit too confident that all of this will happen? What makes you so sure that things will play out exactly and as easily as you think they will?

Randy Orton: A wise man once told me that the person with the best laid plans will win...Well I attacked that man and went off the rails and you wanna know what? It's worked pretty damn well so far because I've realized that the more you think about situations and ways to win, the more you open yourself up to lose by over analyzing the match. So I'm gonna go out there and do what I do best...Hurt The Undertaker.

Interviewer: And what if that man tries to interject himself into this Sunday to teach you a lesson?

Randy Orton: If he had any sense he would stay in St Louis where he belongs.

Interviewer: But Orton you've attacked your family and no doubt neglected what friends you had, so what do you do when you need support?

Randy Orton: You along with many others seem to underestimate not only me, but my father as well. Bob Orton always has been and still is a tough guy...I actually went to see him in the hospital to warn him that if he ever tries to get revenge he won't get out the next time...And you know what he did? He punched me straight in the face...I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree does it? And as far as the support goes? I don't need support in any way shape or form, I am in this for myself and in turn I look out for myself, it's how I work. I don't have anyone scratching my back and that way, no one can stab it.

XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Ckxr7

Interviewer: I'm not going to sit here and try to understand the Orton's but I do have to say that you've made a lot of enemies and burned a lot of bridges during this conflict with The Undertaker. Wasn't there a time you respected, idolized and maybe even feared him a little?

Randy Orton: Respected? Yes. Idolized? No. Feared? Never. I'm not just saying this to come off as a badass or saying it in any cliché way but I genuinely have never been scared of anything in my life and I think that's what's helped elevate me to the heights that I've been and will go to again. If I was scared I would have never taken the leap and joined wrestling in the first place, nor would I have taken on some of the top names in the business in some of the most dangerous matches for the most prestigious titles. At the end of the day if you let fear control you then you become your own worst enemy and the saddest part is, you won't realize it until your lying on your death bed with nothing but regrets to look back on.

Interviewer: If push comes to shove and you lose this battle with The Undertaker, will challenging him be one of the things you regret when you're on your deathbed?

Randy Orton: I can't answer that question because I can't see me losing. But I will say this, had I not challenged The Undertaker and waged this war with him...THAT would be something I'd regret on my deathbed. So when you look at it that way, I HAVE to win this match in order to live with no regrets.

Interviewer: And of course Digital Decision may be the last time you two go head to head, so what will you do afterwards? A nice long vacation, perhaps?

XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Nrhqm

Randy Orton: I'm counting on it being the last time we face of head to head...Not because I'm scared or broken but because my sole intention going into the match on Sunday is to end his career. As far as a break goes? You must be joking right? I've had my break four months ago, after I beat The Undertaker it's full steam ahead towards the World Heavyweight Championship...through any obstacle that stands in my way.

Interviewer: Of course winning the World Title is easier said than done. There are guys like Ted DiBiase and Michael McGillicutty who you'd have to go through. Not to mention The Corporation who you had a recent run-in with. So how do you plan to do it?

Randy Orton: Nothing worth having is ever easy, I'm prepared to take the fight to Ted DiBiase, Michael McGillicutty, a Corporation who seem to be falling apart without my help and anyone else who may emerge...My name is Randy Orton and once I get rid of The Undertaker? The Age of Orton will return...now if you'll excuse me, I have a plane to catch.

Interviewer: Well Randy it was nice talking to you, good luck in your match this Sunday.

[S11]Power 15
1) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Breakdowndaniel (66.5)
DBryan slips into the number one spot due to his victory over Ted DiBiase after having him on as a guest for his talk show just moments prior.

2) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Breakdownshawnmichaels (61.5)
The US Champ was nowhere to be seen and that causes him to drop a spot.

3) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptionrandyorton (57)
Orton seems to be at home in the number three spot with his stellar promo with Ziggler making up for his loss against Cena.

4) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptionteddibiase (52.5)
DiBiase loses back to back matches and one has to worry that McGillicutty will make it three straight at the PPV.

5) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptionbrocklesnar (47)
Lesnar’s lone appearance led to him getting beaten and possibly sidelined by Triple H.

6) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Xwlredemptionmichaelmcg (42)
McGillicutty was another one who was missing in action.

7) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches DQfwy (34.5)
Angle didn’t compete in any matches, but his entertaining segs throughout the night keeps him in the top 10.

-) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches HtRnA (34.5)
Cesaro seems to have a little streak going for himself with Kenneth Cameron being his latest victim.

9) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptioncody (33.5)
Rhodes wasn’t anywhere to be seen until his match and his uninspired promo hinders his advancement in the rankings.

10) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptionmaryse (32.5)
Maryse returned and was back to her old bitchy ways.

-) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptionjohncena (32.5)
Cena defeated Orton and then brawled with Sheamus in what was an eventful night for him.

12) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptionchristian (32)
Christian finally picks up a win against Cody but his lack of a promo prevents him from cracking the top 10.

13) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptionchavoguerrero (29)
Chavo had problems to take care of and his refusal to leave the ring led to some entertaining television.

14) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptionezekiel (28 )
Big Zeke dropped one in the triple threat match, but his angry promo keeps him from slipping out of the top 15.

15) XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptionsheamus (28 )
Sheamus just keeps piling on the wins, but at Digital Decision something is going to have to give.

[S12]The Stars Speak Out
This week we asked if the stars if 2012 has been good to them. Let’s see what they had to say.
XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptiondolphziggler
XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches 9KQUI

[Dolph Ziggler] Has 2012 been a good year for Dolph Ziggler so far? Hell no! It started off alright, with the whole beating Wade Barrett to win the Intercontinental Title thing. But ever since then it's been kind of a rocky road, although it is nice knowing I was the first to take down Barrett to lead onto his downfall. He's as relevant as Mike Mondo right now, who? Exactly. But while the first half of 2012 was as exciting as The Rock vs Ted DiBiase at Final Stand III, yeah, that really stunk up the joint. I can guarantee that the second half of 2012 will set up defining moment after defining moment in my career. The past is the past, I could whine about that as much as I want but it won't change my future. All I'm going to do is do what I do better than everyone on that roster and that is wrestle, and I'm going to look damn good while doing it. And of course, I'll talk, a lot. You just watch.

XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches Redemptionrandyorton
XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches ZhI1B

[Randy Orton]
Has it been a good year for me? Not exactly, but it will be. Things are looking up, I've got my chance to put the Undertaker away for good and you can bet that I'm going to take it. After that, the sky is the limit as far as I'm concerned, who knows...Maybe I'll pay my former trainee Ted DiBiase a little visit. It's been a long long time since I've worn the World Heavyweight Championship here in XWL...My name is Randy Orton and like it or not two thousand and twelve will be MY year.

Next week’s question:
What do you do when you’re not wrestling?

[S13] Wrap Up
Thus ends another newsletter and if you want to be interviewed let me know because I don’t believe I have anyone lined up for next week. Good luck to everyone competing at the PPV, let’s make this epic.
Back to top Go down

XWL Newsletter 7/1: A Look at Digital Decision's Title Matches
Page 1 of 1