Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again

Go down 
+6
#NOTSEME
Pats
ragnioth
P.R Son
Zander
TheKrzyOne
10 posters

Who do you want to see succeed in XWL more?
Daniel Bryan
XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again I_vote_lcap70%XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again I_vote_rcap
 70% [ 7 ]
The Undertaker
XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again I_vote_lcap20%XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Kelly Kelly
XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again I_vote_lcap10%XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Empty
PostSubject: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:45 pm

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again 8FQEt

Quick Search (Use Ctrl+F)
[S1] Archives
[S2] Overview
[S3] Spotlight Article
[S4] Feud Updates
[S5] Rambles & Raves
[S6] From The Owner’s Desk
[S7] Rumor Mill
[S8] Interview
[S9] The Stars Speak Out
[S10] Superstar Rankings
[S11] Winners & Losers
[S12] XWL Roundtable
[S13] Win or Go Home
[S14] Wrap Up

[S1]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again LBwDO
Missed an old newsletter? Want to re-read an old article? Catch up here!
9/23/11, 10/2/11, 5/13/12, 5/20/12, 5/27/12, 6/3/12, 6/10/12, 6/17/12, 6/25/12, 7/1/12, 7/16/12, 7/22/12, 7/30/12, 8/7/12, 12/4/12, 12/12/12, 12/19/12, 1/3/13, 1/8/13, 1/23/13, 1/30/13, 2/6/13, 2/14/13

[S2]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again 7f3Sx
Ah, feels good to be back. It’s been a while hasn’t it? From the newsletter’s inception to its recent incarnation there have been a number of changes, and this time around it’s more of a community effort. As a wise man once said: “with great power comes great responsibility” and no one man should have all that responsibility. Think of this come back like an athlete’s return to a sport. It may be a little rocky at first, but once we get our groove back it’ll be like we never left.

[S3]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again LhMLo
……….The newsletter isn’t the only thing that’s been in and out of XWL’s life like a bad case of herpes. There have also been a number of superstars who for one reason or another have treated this company like a revolving door and haven’t left their mark like they hoped they would. Sure some of them may have squeezed in a title reign or maybe even two, but it’s typically not one that stands out, and it’s usually not enough to change their legacy from a journeyman to a superstar that’s worth remember months or even years from now. Today we look at three superstars who haven’t lived up to their standards or their fan’s expectations, see we’re they went wrong, and what they could possibly do to turn things around.

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Daniel_bryan_bio_20130430

………. Daniel Bryan just can’t seem to catch a break in XWL. He’s been in and out more times we can count at this point, with this just being the latest of his many runs that looked promising at first before he fizzled out into irrelevancy before finding himself a free agent once more. He can’t decide on what name he’s going under, how he’ll be wearing his beard, if he’s single or involved or if he’s sane or a little messed up in the head. The problem here is that Bryan needs a little consistency or this vicious cycle will continue and we the fans will be better off not getting our hopes up for a little bit different.

……….His in-ring talent can’t be denied nor can his ability to entertain out of the ring, but something just hasn’t clicked. It could be said that Bryan just needs to settle down, and not get too overzealous and look too far ahead into his future or dwell too much on his past. Bryan needs to take things a week at a time and wrestle each match as if it would be his last. That is assuming he’s serious about turning things around and not just trying to make a quick buck before he finds himself out of a job again.

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again 4140185

……….There’s no denying that The Undertaker is one of the greatest superstars in the history of wrestling, but that’s not because of anything that he’s done in XWL. Despite all that he’s accomplished and even though he has become almost larger than life, he still has had a difficult time making much of an impact in XWL. What can be said about Undertaker that hasn’t already been discussed to death? He can cut a haunting and bone-chilling promo, what he can do inside of the squared circle is almost unmatched by other men his size and even this late into his career he can still go with the best of them.

……….But perhaps age is the problem. It’s no knock against Taker, but the truth is he has been in the business for quite some time, and perhaps he just doesn’t have the drive to succeed in XWL like how he did elsewhere. He hasn’t aged as gracefully as Shawn Michaels, and maybe untimely injuries that have been kept hush-hush are also the cause of his issues in remaining XWL long enough to do something worth talking about. There have been rumblings that Taker hasn’t quit and that he’s gearing up for another run, and this time around he needs to put health before all and then he needs to look deep within himself and ask himself if he has the heart for this anymore.

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Kelly-Kelly-333-kelly-kelly-24746849-343-390

……….Kelly Kelly will always be remembered for winning the first miss money in the bank match, converting the Women’s Championship to the eyesore that the Diva’s Title and after that she’s just been hanging around. Over the years, Kelly Kelly has been a constant part of the XWL divas roster, but she just hasn’t really stood out the way that she used to. Nowadays, we have women who look amazing and can wrestle, and it seems that Kelly Kelly has just been out of her league and got lost in the shuffle. She certainly isn’t the worst woman to step into the ring, but there’s plenty of room for improvement.

……….It could be that her confidence that has been shaken, and just like Stella she may need a little help getting her groove back. It may be a slow process, or something could click right away and she could shoot straight to the top. It’s one of those situations that we’ll only get a definitive answer to as time goes on. Kelly Kelly is the youngest of the three wrestlers here so she has the most time to get her act together if that’s what she wants.

[S4]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again PKs20
Who’s been getting on each other’s nerves lately?

Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho
In Dolph’s defense, all we saw before Jericho was attacked was a flash of blonde, but who else has had it out for the champ recently than the Show-off?

Chuck Taylor vs. Maryse
Taylor helped himself to Maryse’s chocolate and her bikini, then he made things worse by claiming that all he wants to do is prove how “fake” Maryse is and it’ll be interesting to see if Maryse takes things further than participating in contests.

John Cena vs. Jack Swagger
Swagger stood up Cena to compete for the US Title and Cena didn’t take too kindly to that. He was promised a match and he may not stop until he gets it.

Christian vs. CM Punk
Punk may have lost at Dead Man’s Hand, but he stood tall with Christian’s Money in the Bank case and that could be a sign of things to come as he looks to become World Champion once again.

Bellas vs. Layla
Layla helped Kaitlyn even the odds against The Bellas, but it made her vulnerable to an attack from Natalya which had to have made the Twins happy.

Kaitlyn vs. Natalya
Natalya claimed that Kaitlyn couldn’t beat her in a match where weapons weren’t involved then she made her presence felt during Kaitlyn’s post-match celebration that had already gone haywire.

[S5]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again JA3ik
We give our thoughts, whether they make sense or not, on the segments that graced our televisions this week.

Daniel Bryan/ AJ
Like what you’re doing with this tandem and this seg made it look promising. This conniving and maniacal Daniel Bryan is already pretty entertaining and him having a partner in crime like AJ should led to some humorous shenanigans down the line.

Layla
Still a bit jarring to see humble and somber Layla, but it helped make her claims feel sincere and give this promo a different feel from the rest. Though it was great to see that she still had that edge once The Bellas were brought up.

Chris Jericho
I like how this promo began with Jericho talking about Dolph trying to take a cheap shot and ended with Jericho getting attacked.

Layla/Kaitlyn
Loved the high heel line from Kaitlyn which perfectly summed up her hesitancy to believe the woman who made her life miserable had a change of heart. Great interaction from these two, with Kaitlyn not holding anything back, though there was some repetitive bits and awkward wording in some parts, and Layla doing all she can to plead her case, though she should be careful to not step over the “overdramatic/soap opera” line.

Yoshi Tatsu/Maryse/Chuck Taylor
I’ll have to side with Chuck on this one, caramel is an abomination. Nice little seg here continuing this intriguing rivalry of sorts.

Kassius Ohno
Good effort, not as good execution. Grammar and punctuation was off and the TNA spoiler thing was out of place. Thanks for forming a team though, assuming it didn’t break up between the posting of that seg and the posting of this newsletter.

John Cena
Really liked the Christmas bit, came out of left field and it’s great that you threw in a bit of Cena’s goofiness. Do more of that, pls.

Christian/ Paul Heyman
Great back and forth between the two men and having Punk and Heyman on the same team doesn’t even seem fair, but Christian was able to hold his own. He shrugged of being called a fluke and being stuck in Edge’s shadow, but Heyman knew what would really make Christian tick, and he made sure that he said those words when the time was right.

Seth Rollins
Pics of Rollins is an Asking Alexandria shirt?

Natalya
Damn, did Natalya just use the “wrist lock from a wrist watch” line? I thought that joke was retired, or specially reserved for Jerry Lawler to use when the situation calls for it. Overall good segment with Natalya making some compelling arguments for why she attacked Kaitlyn after their match.

Dolph Ziggler
Guilty men don’t always admit to their crimes, so if you ask me Ziggler isn’t completely out of the woods. The Show Off was his usual ‘pleasing to be around’ self but with his more serious demeanor one would think he left the joke book at home.

Alberto Del Rio
Nice way to turn around comments made by Perfect/Heenan to make it benefit Del Rio. Tad short, but good for what it was.

Bellas
Shame you seemingly don’t have as much time as you used to, but good to see the Bellas still going strong. Liked the promo and as usual did a good job of having the sisters bounce off each other.

[S6]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again NYGyG3E
XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again TErVhK6

-/- Introduction -/-

For those of you that do not know, which is a small number, I'm the XWL owner and have been for about four and a half years now. In my time running the league I've seen everything imaginable, and even some pretty unimaginable things happen. Crazy stories, really weird members lying about the strangest of things, such as their Xbox360 spontaneously combusting...that'll never be topped that's for sure. But you name it, and I've practically seen it. I've seen some great members go bad, and even some bad members suddenly become quite good. At the end of the day members come and go, but with their contributions, however long or short they may be, we've all created something that I'm proud to be apart of and I hope everyone else is too.

I've tried to do my best over the years to act in the best interest of the entire league, we're here for fun and that's always my top priority, ensuring that each and every member, no matter how good, or how bad, enjoys their experience and learns from the example we've tried to establish here. Now as Owner, on a daily basis I receive messages from many members, ranging from things about the league, to outside of it, maybe asking for my thoughts on their work, some ideas for something they wanna do, or even just a person they can talk to and know I'm listening and will give my best answer to whatever it may be.

So I thought since we wanna make the league more active again, really bring back the community feel, and since so many are working hard to bring this Newsletter back, with Krzy's help I've found a way to contribute in a way I hope you'll all enjoy. Now if no one likes this I'll gladly stop doing it, but I thought a perspective from the owner, in a way that will not change anyone's current standing no matter what I may think, could be a cool way to add something extra to what already is a highlight for people to read.

-/- Topic of the Week -/-

A Tag Division

Recently, although this has been a topic discussed at least a dozen times by now, with several attempts to bring it to fruition. There has been a buzz from the newer members, or newly active members expressing interest in us taking that next big step into making XWL that much better, I'm of course talking about introducing a tag division. Let me start by saying I'd love a tag division, I'd loved even more to be apart of one, but with my years of experience and seeing things go down how they have, the mistakes that were made, the people that thought they wanted a division but weren't willing to truly put in the effort required, and of course the all famous moment where something goes wrong with one of the teams and the rest soon all fall victim to a cruel domino effect that eradicates nearly all hope that was built up.

We once were two weeks from tag titles officially being added to the list of championships people can go after here. We had the match all set in place, I was scurrying the web to find championship renders of the tag titles for the usual special championship roster pics. But then both teams fell apart in an instant and sadly that's when I began doubt the possibility of a tag division. Don't get me wrong, I want one just as much as everyone else, but as the owner I have to think from a logical standpoint. Not too long ago we were having issues finding challengers for either the United States Championship, or the Intercontinental Championship. Why do I bring that up? Because if we had problems coming up with just ONE person to go after that title, and of course usually had one person ready for after they either failed or the champ moved, then how are we supposed to find two people, as a team, for the tag-team champions once the start up interest has been lost?

Unlike the Midcard titles, we can't just throw together a challenger, because we'll need actual teams that can go after those titles, you could throw together two people sure, but if they weren't a team to start with, do you really see them lasting? Other leagues may have no issue having only two teams for the tag titles, but XWL has always been about providing the best experience in every way possible. We have guidelines for determining who can go after titles, and who can't, which is simply activity, doing your matches, and promoing. Naturally people wanna have matches with meaning behind them, and if there's no rivalries or build up, then again, there's not much a point in introducing a new division that will say, fall to the same standards the X-treme Championship fell to. We tried to give others opportunities they wouldn't normally get, and there just was no meaning to the title anymore because no one tried to make it matter by promoting it or matches it would be in.

To have a thriving tag division we'd not only need teams, we'd need teams that would promo, and build a story with two other guys. There's a lot of things required to have a successful division, and to have a tag division we'd basically need at least double the normal, which is possible, but again it requires more effort from people that may have trouble putting in the normal amount of effort, much less even more. We'd have to have teams that could work around each other's schedules to both build a story, and do the matches. Which again I've seen the issues that arise with just getting the matches done, which is practically 75% of what a tag division is all about, tag matches.

I'm not saying it's impossible, it's entirely possible and if enough people get together to find a pairing they'd love to be, and would still love to be a few months from now, then that would be all it takes. But that's why we don't introduce titles the very minute that we have say four teams, because usually within that two month or so grace period, by the end of it, it all falls apart. No one wants it to but when you have so many people, there are a lot of things that can happen, games can break, lives can become hectic, or people could just lose interest.

It may be hard to understand why we don't just pull the trigger immediately on it, but with so many people that have wanted a tag division over the years, and the effort that has been put in over time, wouldn't we wanna do it right if we did it? If we finally after all these years could have not only a stable division to introduce titles to, but a division that would still be around in six months, where teams continued to be formed even if old ones fell apart, then that would be worth all the time put into it. Because we finally would have created it when the timing was right, and the interest was booming.

In short, if everyone wants a tag division as much as they say they do, then it'll require a lot of work from more than just a few people. It's completely capable of happening, but only if everyone is on the same page. Don't form a team for the wrong reason because you'll only hurt the cause when you disband a team you never put thought into being. Do work together to get tag matches done, and work with what you have. We've got two new teams, Kassius Ohno and Leo Kruger, and The New Age Outlaws. The Motor City Machine Guns will no doubt be back in the mix down the line, so here's what these two new teams need to do, work together, create interest with yourselves to the point that others will want in on the fun to. That will be how this division can finally come to be. You don't need titles right away to have a tag division, would they help? Sure, but work with what you have, show that you have enough interest to make the most of the bare minimum, like The Motor City Machine Guns have, and we'll have a tag division capable of having tag titles in no time at all.

-/- Closing Comments -/-

I hope you all enjoyed reading that as much as I did typing it, I plan to do more things like it in my future editions of this segment, providing people actually want to me to continue these.

This past week we saw something the league wanted to see, more title matches, and more variety being added to the weekly shows. For the first time ever we determined everything entirely random, from what title was defended, to who challenged, to even what type of match it was. I'd consider it highly successful, specifically when it came to the United States, and the Divas Championship matches. Every champion managed to retain but I really loved the freshness of having things like that happen, and rest assured more things like this will happen much more often than it was.

I wanna try to discuss a variety of things each time that I do these so if you have a topic you'd like me to give my feelings on like I did with the tag division, then please let me know and I'll be sure to include it in my next edition of this.

I'm glad the Newsletter is back, Krzy helped make this something a lot of people looked forward to reading, and it added so much to the site, so I hope the newer members and the ones that were around for his will all enjoy the fact that it's back.

That's all I've got for you this week, I might have gotten a little carried away but I just wanted to give everyone my full thoughts so if some of you could please give me any feedback or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

[S7]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again TXGqA

Secret Intentions
We’ve heard a tip from someone close to Chuck Taylor that his antics are an elaborate and head-scratching way for him to score a date with a woman he perceives to be out of his league.

A man with nothing to lose
It is being reported that after having his case taken by CM Punk, Christian is also having a bit of marital problems with his wife though Captain Charisma declined to comment on the story.

Will the Real American please stand up?
Hulk Hogan is reportedly irritated by Jack Swagger claiming to be a Real American while not upholding all the values that Hogan held dear.

[S8]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again KUK1Q

[Austin]
How's it going?

[David]
I'm good, I wish it'd stop raining here, this is the second weekend in a row that's been nothing but rain, and it really puts a damper on your day, I promise I didn't mean that to be a pun. Okay I kind of do now that I said it but it really does suck having to go out in that mess, especially when I have to take my dog for a walk, it's a pain in the ass just getting him out the door much less to do his business.

[Austin]
Hey, at least you will be getting half priced chicken from now on. You're living the dream of most Americans! But next question. XWL has been around for a long time now. Most, if not all, the leagues out there never even got to the one year anniversary mark. Did you ever think XWL would last this long and grow into the league it is today?

[David]
At first I didn't even know if it'd actually kick off, took a few days to get some replies to the original thread on IGN, and then from there I wasn't really sure how to handle things. I had no experience, the only thing I had was the small bit of knowledge I got from being in one of RMS' leagues for like a week, he made a league before the game came out (which was stupid) and it flopped big time. So I think it was a few days after SVR 2009 came out that I thought, I need something to get my mind off what's currently going on in my life, was like a month after finding out about my mom's Cancer and when you learn stuff like that you just want an escape to have so that you can be there for them, but some place you can try to get away from it. XWL, well (WCW) became that. I just tried to not make the same mistakes he did, and almost five years later now, I'd say I've done a pretty good job. Sure there's some rough patches along the way, but I'm proud to be apart of what the members have helped me create over time. To think that November will be five years is just insane, and I know we've had our issues in the past but it's cool to have the only other original member Shuggz still around so we can reminisce about the days where we had Shawn Michaels addicted to cookie dough, and Ron Simmons had a son named Damn Simmons, and that time Jeff Hardy tried out to be a member of DX....though he got the two words wrong...(only Shuggz will get that) But yeah I'm proud of what XWL has grown into, sure some things could be better, but so long as people have fun here XWL will stand strong.

[Austin]
I don't blame Shawn for being addicted to Cookie Dough because Cookie Dough is the shit. Kinda sad I missed that time in XWL. Now this is a more generic question, not really member specific, but If you were given the chance to feud with any current XWL superstar or diva, whould would you choose and why would you choose them?

[David]
I'm gonna cheat because there's two I REALLY wanna feud with, I'm loving my feud with Stay, Layla/Bellas is ftw...but I definitely wanna feud with Kaitlyn down the line, I just think since both are getting sort of new personalities and with the history there, added in with the no doubt amazing matches I'd have with Austin, it'd be one hell of a feud. We always have good co promos and since our Ted/Edge feud got cut short (Thanks Cody) just kidding...(Thanks Vickie, we know she did all the work) I'd really love to just tear it up for three months at least with them. Then my second feud, which again, thanks to the recent changes in both, this would be INSANE. Whether he's still champion down the line or nor Chris Jericho versus Ted DiBiase HAS to happen. Back when he was HEEL as him we had some good interactions, a great Highlight Reel, and since Jericho is face now, and Ted's got more of a heel edge to him, I know that feud would no doubt be one of my most favorite feuds ever, just like Layla Beth is. Hell Wade/Ted makes that list too, it was my first face feud as Ted and we really helped evolve them together, they progressed at the same time and it went four months, and usually when a feud goes that long it can lack a lot of things but we loved it, and that feud really helped me grow into my role as Ted so all the haters out there you can thank him for why I'm still Ted hug

[Austin]
Aww, I feel appriciated. Don't worry, I'll be sure to gladly beat you <3. And now, about two or three years ago, I can't remember how long ago it was, you picked up a superstar by the name of Ted DiBiase! What made you pick him up and did you ever think you'd have this much fun as him?

[David]
Honestly, he was my jobber....like I liked him enough to pick him up, but I didn't really care about being him all that much, he was my secondary, Bourne was my main superstar that I put all my focus on, and I don't know one thing lead to another, started having feuds as Ted, though he was heel, had some pretty bad promos....then I just got the idea to try and change Ted like I had changed Evan, but unlike Evan I was turning a heel into a face....which not gonna lie the story was fun to tell, and I was enjoying incorporating Ted's real life personality into his new gimmick. It was way before The DiBiase Posse stuff and his actual real life face turn so I had none of that, I just tried to mold his character off of who he really was, which was a cheese ball. Come to find out as time went on apparently so am I, so it's like a perfect match.

But like I said, I was doubting myself as him during Ted/Wade, then suddenly I was back on fire, and no doubt it was because of Gregg, gave me an epic feud and set the tone for all my feuds to come. Last year though since I had been him for so long and constantly was progressing his character I got the idea to actually have Ted fired, and somehow kept it to myself outside of Jon since it was gonna be like his empty promise as Cody. But then I thought about, what if it's not empty, what if it actually happens? I was enjoying being Ted, and I didn't wanna not be able to do things as him for so long but it's just refreshed my excitement to be him. His moveset is just fun enough to keep me enjoying matches, I've oddly got a lot of caps, and his new character is just fun to work with. It's been three years now as him and I'm not the least bit tired of being him, so it's funny how your "jobber" can become your favorite.

[Austin]
Don't worry, Ted is our jobber too. You've seen a lot of members come and go, some memorable and some not so memorable. But if you could have the chance to bring one back from the past, who would it be and why?

[David]
Damn that's a tough one, honestly there's two I'd want back, and these are like, old school members. I'd want Gr8 back of course, he was fun, and "Gr8" but the two I want back the most has to be "Legend" that's what we called him since his GT was like Legendkiller and then some numbers, he was our original Punk and was an absolutely great member, fun to play, active as could be, and funny enough even had his own band that he was doing gigs as, though for the life of me I can't remember what they were called it was like at least three years ago, probably more. He just got along with everyone, he came back once before, but it didn't last sadly, was too busy, and that was the last we saw of him. Then not far behind him is Ruger Riicks. He was our first World Heavyweight Champion and my first feud ever, so obviously he holds a special place in my heart. Much like Legend was the kind of member that was fun, did his stuff, and pretty much everyone liked him. I forget why he had to leave before, I think his Xbox died? But again this was like YEARS ago. They left an impression though, were cool dudes and would be awesome to have them back some day.

[Austin]
Never got the chance to witness them, but oh well. Which feud would you like to see happen in XWL right now? It could be between two superstars, two Divas, or even a superstar and a diva! Or is that feud already taking place?

[David]
It's kind of happening right now actually, Dolph Ziggler versus Chris Jericho. Both are just so insanely good at capturing their characters that the promos are just highly entertaining to read. They're able to respond perfectly to what the other says, no one is ever "ahead" of the other in the banter department and that makes for some great promos because they can give it their all, have their replies be the sickest of burns, and then know the other can respond with something just as, if not sicker. That makes the perfect feud, matches are important sure but if you can bust out promos like that with ease? You not only wanna continue to do more of them, you make the reader (me) wanna see more. Though, and I won't go into detail since I'm saying entirely too much as it is, Cody Rhodes versus Zander's new Daniel Bryan HAS to happen, no doubt would be gold, they've had amazing promos before and with those characters, we'd be in for a serious treat. Then I'd have to say Dean Ambrose versus Cactus Jack or Mankind (whichever Bang wanted to play) if they both could work around each other's schedules the promos would be insane and that's the best kind.

[Austin]
Zander's Daniel Bryan is pretty amazing, having him feud be Cody is something I'd like to see as well. But now we've got a question from a fan of XWL. He says "When can I be Stone Cold?" - IrishXWLFan

[David]
You've been him before, sit down.

[Austin]
Wonder who that was, that damn Alan. You witnessed all this unfold in the earlier times of XWL and you've seen more members come into XWL then anyone, but do you think Shuggz' fourteen month Intercontinental Championship reign as Shawn Michaels will ever be broken by another member?

[David]
There is no way in hell ANYONE, no matter how good they are, will EVER break that, hell he himself got bored of his reign mid way through and wanted to drop it actually in one of his defenses, so fun fact a lot of people probably don't know, that reign of fourteen months almost didn't happen. He asked if he could, it was up to him, and thankfully he made the right call because that's one impressive accomplishment.

[Austin]
vintage shuggz, ain't no body got time for 14 monthes as champion. Next question though. Why is Ted getting shot at on the Unforgiven poster? Do you feel this is a sign that most people want Ted gone? Why is he happy that he is getting shot while in his wrestling gear? Normal people wear clothes when out in public. Is he XWL's Superman? I ask this because he's getting shot and yet, he is standing there like nothing happened. Do you feel he is getting shot because his XWL career is practically dead?

[David]
It caught me off guard too, I'm not sure what Bang's story is behind it, I mean I can try to spin it out as Ted's had a hell of a year, and despite all of the wounds, and the "bullets" he's endured over the entire course of that he's still standing tall, despite people trying to get rid (kill) him? But that's a hell of a lot of reaching, and he's smiling because....he knows that nothing anyone does will ever stop him from doing what he loves? Which is wrestling, hence the trunks on a in a dark hall? Sure let's go with that. And if his XWL career was dead he'd be dead on the floor silly, he's standing proudly because no matter what comes his way, like a dozen flying bullets....he'll still be there, standing after all of it.

[Austin]
You didn't address the superman topic, is that because it is true? Would explain why Ted likes to bury everyone.

[David]
Hey, he's never buried anyone....well there was that one time, but it was totally justified, that's the only way you could win the match! But if Ted's Superman then that would explain why Cody has this weird obsession with him, seriously man, it's unhealthy, you're not Lex Luthor or any other comic book villain, you're just a guy with a Caterpillar on your lip, shave it, please.

[Austin]
Someone is jelly of the lovestache. But we have two more questions, this one and another. IrishXWLFan is back again with another statement this time, and he says "And David has been Evan Bourne more then once so shut up." He brings up good points David, you've got to step up your game. How do you plan on steping up your game?

[David]
But my second time as him sucked, so will yours, trust me. hug

[Austin]
Ohhhhh, burn. Any thing else you want to say before this interview comes to a conclusion?

[David]
Yes, < pancakes, more specifically blue berry pancakes.

[S9]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Is5b2
Last week’s question: If you could face any legendary wrestler, who would it be?

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again J3hT8

[Chris Jericho]
A match with any legendary superstar huh? It'd have to be FUNAKI! He's legendary right? And it'd have to be a no holds barred, 2 out of 3 falls, pillow fight match with Earl Hebner as the referee for some added drama. Don't look at me like that... you know it would be entertaining!

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again GH9AtsU

{Layla}
I know we've faced in the past before, but if I could have a match with any legend, it would have to be Trish Stratus. I know we haven't had the best history, and I'm sorry for the level of disrespect I've shown her, it was just petty nonsense that I'd love to put behind us. I've looked up to her much like a lot of people in this business because she broke the mold, she showed the world you could be pretty and talented, and it's helped me come as far as I have. So what's say we break the mold some more together and show this company that the girls can be just as extreme as the guys with an Extreme Rules Match they'll never forget.

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Normal_024

[Christian] If I could have one match with any legendary superstar from the past, the answer would be quite obvious. Wait, am I'm not allowed to say myself? No? Well that sucks, give me a second since I have to think of someone new. Okay, I got it now. Besides myself, I'd have to go with Bret "The Hitman" Hart in nothing special, but a TLC match since I helped make that match what it is today. Not only would we put on the greatest all Canadian wrestling match in the history of wrestling, but I'd also get to prove that Bret is "The Best There Is, The Best There Was and The Best There Ever Will Be" only because he never had the chance to go against me. Captain Charisma, your next World Heavyweight Champion, Christian!

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Normal_vlcsnap-2012-02-14-21h16m40s80

[Shawn Michaels]
So this loser wants to know "If you could have one match with any legendary Superstar (or Diva), who would it be, and what type of match would it be?", is that right? Well, fear not for I have a great answer. Obviously, if I had to face a legendary superstar, who better than...oh yeah, me!? Who WOULDN'T want to face Shawn Michaels? And if I indeed had to face myself, I'd pick a Ladder Match, which of course is my specialty. And of course, with two HBKs, two Icons of XWL in the match, it'd be a five, no, a TEN star classic!

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again OmzMdqa

{Ted DiBiase}
Any legend?! Hands down it'd have to be The Million Dollar Man, my father, Ted DiBiase! One, it'd be a battle of the DiBiase's and we'd show them how it's done! Two, I haven't forgotten about all the unfair groundings when I was growing up, I so could have done the dishes when I got back from hanging out with my friends....gosh...parents just don't understand. Okay maybe it wouldn't have been DIRECTLY after I got back, but I would've done 'em in the morning...well afternoon...I definitely would have hand them done by dinner...although, we'd have had dishes from that night as well, so the only fair thing to do would have been to wait till that next morning, well not early in the morning, but around like twelve or so, in the afternoon...although...my mom usually made special lunches so it may have bee-

Suddenly the camera man cuts Ted off.

{Cameraman}
Uh Ted, back to the question?

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Cepj6FC

{Ted DiBiase}
Oh right! What was the question again?

{Cameraman}
...What type of match would it be?

{Ted DiBiase}
That's easy, a Submission match! The Million Dollar Dream against my MUCH better variation, with a WAY cooler name, The Dream Crusher! DREAM CRUSHER! The very name strikes fear into all that hears it!

[S10]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again 1wokB

Spoiler:

*Those rankings are from the last Redemption, if Jerry does one for Breakdown then I’ll update it.

[S11]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Xtn3E
Who had a week to remember, and who wanted it to be over sooner rather than later.

Winners

Daniel Bryan
Not only did he nab a victory, but he also found himself a damsel in the process.

CM Punk
Punk showed up for literally a minute and made an impact that will resonate in the mind of the people and Christian for the rest of the week.

Natalya
She didn’t sit idly by during the show, Natalya had some harsh words for Kaitlyn then made her presence felt with a brutal clothesline.

Losers

Chris Jericho
Whoever attacked the World Champ, made him look like a chump and the phrase “you won’t know what hit you” has never been more appropriate in this case.

Christian
He lost his case after holding his own verbally against the accusations of Paul Heyman, until he was outnumbered and then a surprise appearance meant he couldn’t even end the night with a win.

Chuck Taylor
Taylor couldn’t get it done against Yoshi Tatsu, and to make matters worse he was caught rummaging through a woman’s belongings and stealing her bikini, then he found out that he’d be facing one next week.

[S12]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again EIlsi

Have you ever wanted to go and revisit a character you have been in XWL? Which person and why?

Red:
I'd like to be Angelina Love again someday... but only if Adam was Velvet Sky again (or someone else awesome). I really enjoyed being the Beautiful People but it was cut short. I'd also like to be Brie Bella again (or Nikki) with the other twin being active. It was difficult flying solo as Brie. I like what Stay has done by promoing with both of them. I guess I should have done it that way.

Adam:
CM Punk: An obvious choice, I loved my short run as CM Punk as SES with Red and Alan. Although that was mainly because I legit despise alcohol so that was fun. But I'd love to go back to that character but honestly there's no way I could live up to what I did as Shuggz but of course I'd try my best.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: Kyle, please. I'm begging you.

Austin Aries: Great character, great moveset. A character I'd like to be again in a heartbeat but Dash is doing a top notch job as him currently so I ain't even mad. I really enjoyed my first run as him even though it ended badly coz Rene.

Gaz:
Well, I'm happy with who I have now and everyone I dropped was for different reasons, so not sure if there is anyone I'd be again.

Stay:
I wish I could answer this question for you but I can't. I've been the same people for the past 6 months, The Bellas and John Morrison, I will never switch! Wink

David:
Yeah you know being the owner and a member at the same time I've made a few mistakes for the benefit of the league at the time instead of what I really wanted. I used to be Chris Jericho and I was really enjoying it, but then I made a decision I didn't want, but I felt the league needed me to make.

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again 1znskf6

I was heel and had fun as him, don't know if anyone liked me as him but I enjoyed the promos and doing matches, but this was during one of the many times where the league was heel heavy and had next to no faces, whether midcard or main-event it was heel fest, and I wanted to try to help the face cause by turning Jericho despite enjoying him as a heel and not wanting to really turn, and like I think three months or less after I turned I dropped him because I was no longer having fun and I think that's due to the fact that I cut short my time as a heel and didn't see it through until maybe a face turn when the time was right, and just completely flubbed up any chances of sticking as him because of that. Now I really have no interest to be him anymore because I've seen people do WAY better, with the best by far being Gregg the current one, hands down trumps anything I ever could do so maybe it was for the best Razz

Then the other equally as regrettable thing was dropping Natalya.

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again 2m4f2is

I made a bad decision as the Miss Money in the Bank holder when I was her, and the person I was feuding with was mainly about winning as opposed to "fun" and my last match as her was at the PPV before Final Stand because I had such a terrible match experience that it killed the desire to be her because of how the person played and how the story had been portrayed until that point, I basically didn't stand up for what I wanted and let someone else take the lead which isn't always bad, but when this person couldn't provide me an actual fun match where no one cared about the result, it just took away all of my enjoyment out of being her. And looking back I wish I had just held on or maybe gone on break as her because while I LOVE being Layla and have for years now, Natalya was like my "made it" diva I debuted her as a submission badass, was undefeated for a while, was champ while that happened, had some great storylines, a cool face turn eventually, and I really wish I could be her again but it's just not in the cards.

Austin:
I've been a lot of people. Some being technicians like Shawn Michaels. Some being powerhouses like Batista. Some high flyers like Rob Van Dam. So I've had the chance to try out every flavor so this isn't that hard of a question for me but hoenstly, it would be easier for me to just list people who I wouldn't want to try again instead of people I'd want to try again. But the people I want to be again, which is really like not many, I think I could do better than my last run. First person, Curt Hawkins because I liked being him, I liked promos. I just didn't click with the gimmick I had going and if I had a better gimmick on a second time around, I think I could click and do wonders as him. Second person, Eve Torres who I was a while ago but I wasn't her all that long per usual. I loved her new (now old) Queen like gimmick where she was stuck up and did the thing with the pictures. I really liked that and would wanna take a shot at it. Third person, Jeff Hardy because I did good as him, I really did. Don't care what anyone else says. I had a good feud with Shuggz, the feud that probably got me into the flow of things in leagues and I could have a better run now that I have improved in promos and matches. Fourth person and last I'll list, Layla who I did dreadful as. Hell, even David did promos as her for me, that's how bad I was. I couldn't even connect with Fn who was and is still Michelle McCool. She's fun to play as, good moveset, promos could be interesting. Living up to David doe, that would be hard as fuck. A couple honorable mentions: John Morrison, Natalya and Rob Van Dam.

Who was your favorite company during the Monday Night Wars?

Red:
I only started watching wrestling in 2001, but I've caught up on a lot of the stuff from the 90s and previously. If I was watching at the time, I'd have to say WCW, because I loved the nWo before it got ridiculous. I also enjoyed the cruiserweights. WWE (or F) was also good and it would be close, but WCW would just about steal it for me.

Adam:
WWF. Simply because of Stone Cold Steve Austin, once I saw him and saw what he got up to I was hooked. Don't get me wrong I tried watching WCW but I was like 4-5 at the time and Sting frightened me, I was convinced that when he hit people with his baseball bat that it killed them and it lead to a nightmare or two about Sting. So yeah WWF was the winner by far for me.

Gaz:
WWF produced the better shows and storylines overall. WCW had some great talent, but some really awful storylines and matches due to booking. ECW was fantastic, untill WWE/WCW raided most of their best talent. Looking back now, I don't know how WCW lead ratings for a lengthy period of time like they did. But to answer the question, WWF.

Stay:
Krzy, why you do this to me? I don't think I was even old enough to remember those years and I won't even google it. I started watching WWE around 2003-2004. I'm so young Sad.

David:
Wrestling was banned in my house because someone literally showed their ass on TV when my mom was watching so I really can't say.

Austin:
Wasn't watching wrestling around this time so I'll just go ahead and say WWE just because they had people like Edge, Jeff Hardy and Chris Jericho. Three of my all time favorite five people.

What would your dream house look like inside and out?

Red:
I haven't really thought about this before. I guess it would just be clean and modern? I don't know. As long as it had a nice TV and stuff I wouldn't really care.

Adam:
Everything made of Beastie Boys CDs.

Gaz:
Kinda hard to describe, and not really sure on most. It'd obviously just be a huge ass house with my own pool, cinema, gym stuff like that. It'd also be in secluded area, so i don't have to deal with idiots.

Stay:
XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Slide6
Ahh, my dream house would look just like that. So beautiful. My dream house would be a mansion somewhere in California, where I could see the whole city. It would have an outdoor pool where I could see the nice view, it'd also have a big garage in the back filled with cars like Porsches, Lamborghinis, Buggatis, Rolls-Royce, every car. The picture above pretty much shows how I would want the outside to look.
XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQX0NEGxP-cq12sMPKbktcbUbIOqIhNh9Fvetpq9sRy8Ms0HIWwYg
XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Cococozy%2Bhamptons%2Bmansion%2Bestate%2Bmillion%2Bdollar%2Blisting%2Bindoor%2Bpool
In the interior, you'd walk in and have steps on each side that take you the upstairs section, where you would find the master bedroom. The master bedoom would be the biggest room with the biggest flat screen TV and the biggest bed ever. I'd also want a game room up there where I would play my 360 and other video games. On the first floor, I want a huge indoor pool, like the one on the outside. In the basement, I'd basically want a bar, a basketball court, a gym, and a secret room that no one would know about.

David:
It'd be big enough for a fair sized family, two floors because I've always wanted a house like that since mine is just one floor, and I've always been fascinated by stairs, I have no clue why but yeah that's something I want my house one day to have, and I think a modern look on the outside with a country flare (not much just like wood floors real nice homey feel inside, and a big yard in the back with an in ground pool and a really nice patio beside it. Also I'd want a huge ass kitchen because mine right now isn't the most roomy and I want one of those kitchens with the counter in the middle of the room just because I think it's nice and our counters kind of split off the dining room and not in a really "great" looking way. It's hard to really say what else I'd want but I think if I could get even half of what I want, (mainly the big kitchen) I'd be happy.

Austin:
Just attach a Starbucks Coffee to my house and let me get free Caramel Macchiatos and I'd consider that my dream house because I'm pretty much fine with the house I have now, just needs more coffee. Maybe a bigger TV to play Xbox on, a computer that isn't from 1997 and some other little things to make it look better.

[S13]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again WzuRn
It won’t necessarily be Win or Go Home again. Been thinking of doing something like Survivor. Split people up into two teams, have them complete challenges, vote off your teammates, there’s the merge, etc.

[S14]XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again IDHj4
It’s a little rough, but here it is for this week. Things will be a little different now. If you want to take control of something let me know, the same goes for if you have any comments or suggestions. However, if you are already involved with the newsletter then PM me your stuff by Tuesday the latest, as I hope to make Wednesday newsletter day.

Also, I’ll keep the Interview list, and the questions for other segs down here. So if you want to participate by being in The Roundtable or Stars Speak Out then PM me your responses by Tuesday. As for the Interviews, Shuggz wanted to be interviewed as CM Punk way back when, but Austin had a great idea with interviewing members as just themselves so there’s a new option.

Interview List:
CM Punk

Stars Speak Out Question:
If you were given the shot, what title would you go after right now?

Roundtable Question
We’re nearing the mid-way point of the year, are you happy with what you’ve done in the league thus far?

Say you were given the chance to create and attend a wrestling event and can choose five matches to witness with your own eyes. You can choose the wrestlers, the match type and everything else… so what would your dream card look like?

You are about to serve a lifetime prison sentence for committing an unspeakable act, and are being served one final grand meal before you’re stuck eating from the prison cafeteria. Assuming anything you can think of is an option, what would you choose to eat? (& drink)?

Last edited by TheKrzyOne on Tue May 14, 2013 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Thank you for the various Daniel Bryan mentions throughout, I have big things planned for him so should be a fun ride, also shove him on the interviews list please. Great newsletter as always, good job.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Glad to be apart of bringing the Newsletter back, everything else was great, a nice fresh fun topic, was interesting to see all of the replies to the stars speak out question and the round table, but of course a big thanks goes out to Krzy for really making this thing happen.
Back to top Go down
ragnioth
New Talent

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:23 am

i really liked this i look forward to seeing more in the future
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:17 am

Amazing newsletter guys! Needs more Shield dean: but that'll be next week.
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:13 am

Awesome work guys! If you need any help with it, I'm done with school so all I'm doing is YouTube, I can help with it!
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:49 pm

#SEME wrote:
Awesome work guys! If you need any help with it, I'm done with school so all I'm doing is YouTube, I can help with it!
orly? hug

This was the list from Austin's thread, not sure if Jerry or Dash are still doing what they're listed for. If you have an idea for your own section then you're free to do that.

Article Writer (Would write the main article for the newsletter): Krzy
Feud Updater (Would give brief updates to the current feuds): Dash
Rambles And Raves (Short reviews on this weeks promos): Krzy
Superstar Rankings ( Power 10/15/20 For Men And Women): Jerry
Winners And Losers (Who did good this week and who didn't):
Interviews (Would interview superstars, divas and members): Austin
Stars Speak Out (XWL's version of WWE's Inbox segment): Zack
Roundtable (Members answer simple questions you ask them):
Zander's Promo Of The Week Review And Rating Thingy: Zander
Negative Dickhead To Say "Nothing Will Top Krzy's Newsletter": Adam
Owner Thing Because We Don't Want David Doing Cool Stuff: David

Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:04 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
#SEME wrote:
orly? hug

This was the list from Austin's thread, not sure if Jerry or Dash are still doing what they're listed for. If you have an idea for your own section then you're free to do that.

Dash is doing is, he was just busy with work last week and was unable to do his part. Jerry I'm pretty sure still is, doubt he would randomly quit his job. And like Krzy said, you can make your own little segment. As long as it isn't a rip off of another job because we don't need two of the same job.

Also, Adam do your job next time. Is that too much to ask for? Also (again), great job with your parts, Krzy. Well deserved round of applause as always.
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Can someone explain the rankings to me? Is Cody a 10 because he's the only ten I see?
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:38 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
#SEME wrote:
orly? hug

I'd be down to do the round table thing, sounds like it could be interesting!
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:24 pm

#SEME wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
#SEME wrote:
orly? hug

I'd be down to do the round table thing, sounds like it could be interesting!

Well there we have it, everyone pm your Roundtable Answers to Seme and flood his Inbox!
Back to top Go down
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
T-Roll

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:06 pm

I liked it. Had a cool feel to the newsletter. Disappointed that I am in the bottom ranks. Razz

I need to go promo more.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:18 am

Jonguin wrote:
Can someone explain the rankings to me? Is Cody a 10 because he's the only ten I see?

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Tumblr_mm7aqegcFu1r27036o4_r2_250
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Austin wrote:
Well there we have it, everyone pm your Roundtable Answers to Seme and flood his Inbox!
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Krzy can you PM Seme my answers if he's in charge of that now? Don't know how to copy and paste with this app.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again   XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Newsletter 5/13: Let's try this thing again
Page 1 of 1