Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield

Go down 
+2
#NOTSEME
TheKrzyOne
6 posters

Would our hypothetical team stand a chance against The Shield?
Yes
XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield I_vote_lcap50%XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
No
XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield I_vote_lcap33%XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Maybe
XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield I_vote_lcap17%XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Empty
PostSubject: XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield   XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:23 pm

XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield 8FQEt

Quick Search (Use Ctrl+F)
[S1] Archives
[S2] Overview
[S3] Spotlight Article
[S4] Feud Updates
[S5] Rambles & Raves
[S6] Zander’s Review
[S7] Rumor Mill
[S8] Interview
[S9] The Stars Speak Out
[S10] Superstar Rankings
[S11] Winners & Losers
[S12] XWL Roundtable
[S13] Survivor
[S14] Wrap Up

[S1]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield LBwDO
Missed an old newsletter? Want to re-read an old article? Catch up here!
9/23/11, 10/2/11, 5/13/12, 5/20/12, 5/27/12, 6/3/12, 6/10/12, 6/17/12, 6/25/12, 7/1/12, 7/16/12, 7/22/12, 7/30/12, 8/7/12, 12/4/12, 12/12/12, 12/19/12, 1/3/13, 1/8/13, 1/23/13, 1/30/13, 2/6/13, 2/14/13, 5/13/13

[S2]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield 7f3Sx
Two newsletters in a row? So far so good, Redemption provided some quality entertainment from start to finish and so sit back and relax while we dig a little deeper and pull some news out of our asses. A tad rushed due to being pressed for time, but we here at the newsletter didn’t get to where we are by being perfect.

[S3]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield LhMLo
………. The Shield has risen as one of latest of the many stables to grace XWL and if what they say is true then they may pose a huge threat to the company. They’re cohesive, they’re relentless and they’re all dangerous which isn’t good news for XWL. If they wanted to (and who’s to say it’s not already in the agenda) then week by week they could raise hell while dishing out their own personal brand of justice leaving nothing but broken bodies and streams of blood in their week. But what if in the middle of their rampage, XWL decided they wouldn’t take it lying down and put together a group of their own to combat this impending threat? Let’s see who would be the lucky three to try their hand at taking down the shield.

XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Cactusjack_posed

………. Cactus Jack would definitely have to be one of the first men considered if you want this to go off without a hitch and stand a chance at taking down The Shield. If there was any man that would be able to match Dean Ambrose’s psychotic-ness then you need not look any farther than this man. Cactus Jack had made a career out of enduring an inhuman amount of man while dishing it back out 10 fold. This would be the man you count on to go blow for blow with Ambrose in the hopes that he eventually finds a way to break him down, even if it means sacrificing himself.

XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Kof

……….Kofi Kingston is the next man you call on not only because he already has prior experience with both Rollins and Reigns, but because he has the high-flying ability to match Rollins flip for flip, not to mention that he also brings in his own innovative brand of offense to the table as well. Offense that has led to him defeating Rollins already, and he may be able to throw off his former rival enough to help lead his own squad to victory and rid XWL of the Shield. But it’s not only what he can do in the ring, but Kofi has shown that he can be calculating and remain cool even under the most unbearable pressure and in this case what he can do with his mind is just as important as what he can do with his legs.

XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Ryback_189667_top

……….Roman Reigns is the dark horse of the group as no one truly knows what he’s capable of, although these is one thing that he has made abundantly clear aside from the fact that is likes to yell is that he’s freakishly strong. So what do you do with a guy who’s so strong a glace uproots a tree? You throw someone at him who’s just as strong and in this case, that man will be Ryback. With muscles coming out of his muscles, Ryback is truly a sight to behold and just like Reigns he doesn’t really know his own strength. While it’s unknown who the strongest of the two is, it’s safe to say it’ll be entertaining regardless to watch these two behemoths go at it.

………. The Shield is a unit, we’ve already seen that they’re pretty much deadly when they’re working as one cohesive machine, so it’ll be up to our rag tag group of superstars to set egos aside and work as a unit as well. If they fail, it could be the end of XWL as we know it.

[S4]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield PKs20
Who’s been getting on each other’s nerves lately?

Chuck Taylor vs. Maryse
In a conversation with Johnny Knoxville Maryse didn’t hesitate to let her hatred for Taylor known. However, even in his match against the beast known as Kharma, Taylor couldn’t contain his obsession for Maryse resulting in a slap from the French-Canadian Diva and an implant buster from Kharma.

Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase
Cody clearly has no remorse for the things he’s done to Ted, and in his own words, he won’t stop until Ted’s gone for good.

Batista vs. Lita
Lita took exception to Batista’s bragging and complaining so she took it upon herself to find him an opponent, that’s one of many.

Davey Richards vs. AJ Styles
Styles took exception to his loss and delivered a post-match beating to Richards.

Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan
Dr. Evil doesn’t want anything to do with Kofi after stealing that win but Kingston wants some revenge.

CM Punk vs. Christian
Punk took Christian’s case and this week he took the time out to brag about it, and how he has his eyes set on the world title and he will do everything he can to stop Christian from reaching that level.

Kaitlyn vs. Natalya
These two women’s hatred for each other is well known and Natalya can’t be pleased that the divas champ pinned her to secure victory in the handicap match.

John Morrison vs. Seth Rollins
It looks like Morrison has found himself a challenger for his belt and it’s a man he does have yet to pin, so we’ll see if he can finally get the job done at Unforgiven.

Layla vs. The Bella Twins
With her new ally in tow, Layla was able to send the Bellas home witn a loss, but Layla better be careful that this friend doesn't end up like the last.

Cactus Jack vs. Kevin Steen
Cactus took pride in sidelining Steen for all those weeks, so it must have come as a real surprise when he found himself on the receiving end of a package piledriver.

Madison Eagles vs. Torrie Wilson
After offering some words of “advice” to Wilson, she looked less than impressed with the way that Torrie won her match later in the night. How will things play out between these two in the coming weeks?

[S5]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield JA3ik
We give our thoughts, whether they make sense or not, on the segments that graced our televisions this week.

Billy Gunn
Wasn’t expecting to see a promo about Brodus and Tensai as I didn’t know they were a team but this was a nice way to find out seeing a member of one team talking trash about another (liked the zookeeper bit). Hopefully this goes somewhere.

Maryse
Nice way to let Maryse’s feeling known through a normal convo instead of a straight promo.

Cody Rhodes
Really liked this promo, from talking about Shelley means nothing to Rhodes to where his hate for Ted came from. Interesting how he played the heel role well and blamed Ted for their team falling apart, his injury and all the ass kickings.

Batista/Lita
It’s great to see you promoing actively, though there’s still stuff you need to clean up. Overall I liked the Batista part of this segment, you play him well. Lita bit was fine too, good to see her back, and her stuff flowed well. Her handpicking opponents for Batista is a cool thing to do with this feud/rivalry/etc. and an easy way to build suspense for next week.

Lita/Vickie
Vickie isn’t the GM of Breakdown, other than that I enjoyed her begging Lita to reveal Orton’s location, then deciding to punish Lita with a match against Madison Eagles.

Kofi Kingston
Humorous promo with all the references that I really enjoyed and I like that Kofi can still throw in a couple of serious lines here and there to let the people he’s dealing with know that he can turn it on anf off.

Torrie Wilson
Missed her face turn, which now makes me miss her alliance with Carlito, which makes me miss Carlito. It was a nice promo overall, covered what needed to be covered, with her past and what she aspires to become in XWL, so now we’ll see if she goes through with her plans.

Natalya/Layla
Natalya’s opening bit was really shaping up to be something great though Layla’s appearance altered the flow. The interaction between the two was fine though, nice little continuity with Layla continuing to wipe some slates clean.

Daniel Bryan/Dean Ambrose
Pleasant surprise to see Ambrose show up which led to some highly entertaining banter between the two men.

CM Punk
Amazing promo, not much more to be said than that. You capture his cynicism really well.

Cactus Jack
Liked how calmly sadistic he was in this promo. He still appeared dangerous even when he wasn’t outwardly anger. Loved how he took pleasure not only in the pain that he felt, but that he’s kept Steen out of the picture for so long.

Layla/Natalya
Enjoyed how this segment showed the evolution of their relationship with Kaitlyn still being a bit hesitant to completely trust Layla, but still opening up enough to embrace her as a tag partner and even high fiving her at the end.

Alberto Del Rio
Del Rio belittling the crowd for their treatment of himself and Ziggler was fun to read and I laughed at the dueling chants at the end of the promo.

Ted DiBiase
Ted’s getting angrier by the week, and that shows with his snarky replies to the interviewer and the slow evolution from fun-loving to aggressive Ted has been interesting and entertaining.

Dolph Ziggler
Ziggler stuff was great as per usual. Witty, humorous, clever lines, all in all, gg.

john Morrison/Seth Rollins
Morrison bit was standard fare, inspirational stuff. Rollins’ huge paragraph was a good read further cementing the togetherness of the group and how bright he believes their futures are.

Kevin Steen
Always good to have Steen around cursing up a storm. Liked the promo, wished it was longer tho, was really just starting to get into it before it ended.

Carlito
First Carlito, now Daniel Bryan? XWL is starting to have a real concussion problem, but at least Carlito managed to recover with his arrogance intact. Telling off Kruger for not being able to wrestle, and the fans for not appreciating his greatness.

Madison Eagles
Enjoyed seeing Madison back to her usual arrogant ways, hopefully it’s the start of her gathering up a bit more hype as she targets the Divas Championship.

[S6]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield 4BtGy5N
Welcome to The Shield of Justice:

First off I wanna say that this entrance was fantastic, the way it was written from the very start has the effort that we should all put in but never do. It has good long commentary which is realistic along with the gifs of The Shield coming down through the crowd, also I like the added touch of the Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta...It has the same kind of effect that Red uses for most of his pre-match and post match write up stuff like when he uses "Break the walls down" , or "Jericho wins" Just little things like that help you visualize as you read.

I love Legal as Ambrose and it was the right choice to have him open the promo, personality wise Legal writes for him spot on and he hits all the points you'd expect for a group introduction, even bringing up the unsuccessful Men of Honour group which some people would probably just not mention. The reason I picked this promo is because although it was my favorite of the show there was some stuff that I think would be better done differently. I understand that Reigns is going to be hard to promo as and that Pats isn't as used to the length of promos that Red and Legal are but I feel like Ambrose spoke a little too much at the start, I'm fine with him introducing the group, listing their attributes but given The Shields personalities I would have liked to see Rollins talk about Rollins and Reigns talk about Reigns.

I also liked Deans explanation on the old Reigns/Rollins cross over. Then in comes Red and boom, from what I can see I was wrong...You can promo as Reigns amazingly, I'm glad you didn't take the backseat and do a couple of one liners before screaming believe in The Shield, I really liked your part and look forward to more and more, with a group of three I expect the promo's to either be big or to be something different (no pressure guys) Also well done Pats not to sound patronizing but your part really surprised me it was awesome, you really have to get involved more, one paragraph was not enough for you. You should write as much as you can, this is your chance to get taken to the next level, your feud with Kofi was great but this is a step up.

The end of this promo was the strongest part since the entrances, The Shields goals are firmly laid out and you can really feel the intensity coming from Reigns' lines. It feels to me like the roles have been established now, Ambrose is the talker, Reigns is the big man and Rollins is about to break through. You three have a very good thing going here with a lot of potential but on the flip side I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this but it is very easy to mess up. Few stables have come in with a huge bang and even fewer have lasted long enough to be memorable, you have that chance, take it. I believe in The Shield.

[S7]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield TXGqA

The struggle is real
Chuck Taylor is reportedly going into hiding after the embarrassment of a performance he had on Redempton.

A hero is born
After learning of his interest in comics, a rumor is going around that Kofi Kingston may be repackaged as the next great wrestling superhero.

Brokenhearted
Carlito recently stated that he was out of action do to a concussion, but a source has revealed to us that the real reason he was away was because he needed some time to recuperate after the deterioration of his relationship with Torrie Wilson.

[S8]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield KUK1Q
Want your opinions broadcasted to our audience? Well this is the place to do it!

[S9]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Is5b2
Last week’s question: If you were given the shot, what title would you go after right now?

XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield IpRfMdN

[Chuck Taylor]

"If I were given the shot, what title would I go after right now?" Well... that's an obvious answer. Seeing that I, The Kentucky Gentlemen, and is the sexiest div... person in XWL, I would change it up a little bit and go for the Divas Champion. I mean come on, no one in that division stands a chance against me. Look at that Kaitlyn girl, it's obvious that I am jacked compared to her. Divas, you better watch your back, because you never know where the Kentucky Lightning is gonna strike!

Wooooooo!

XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield OWCPxr1

[AJ Lee]
Which title would I go for? Isn't that obvious? I'd choose an inter gender match up for a shot at the top man in this company...Kaitlyn. I mean I know it would be a challenge to get past her ability to dead-lift the entire Divas division, but I know her better than anyone and I know that I have what it takes to kick her head off of her shoulders and skip up the ramp with...My Divas Championship....Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Supers10

{Kofi Kingston}
Obviously anyone who doesn't say the World Championship isn't thinking straight but at the moment I have my eyes on a more attainable prize. The United States Championship. The pedigree this title has to it's name is amazing and to have my name added to that list would be an amazing honor. The title has hit a rough patch lately but I expect Alex to pick it up and then when I got my shot for me to bring it up to the next level.

[S10]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield 1wokB
*This will return to the old way after Unforgiven.

[S11]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Xtn3E
Who had a week to remember, and who wanted it to be over sooner rather than later.

Winners
Kofi Kingston
Kofi finally got one over on his nemesis Daniel Bryan in a big way potentially concussion him in the process as well.

Kaitlyn
With a little help from Layla, Kaitlyn was able to overcome the odds and pinned her antagonist Natalya in a handicap match to send a big message to her challenger.

Seth Rollins
Not only did Rollins manage to squeeze into what looks to be the most dominant group in XWL history, but he also sent a message to the Intercontinental champion that his reign may not be as safe as he’s like to think.

Losers
Chuck Taylor
A bitch slap and an implant buster really summed up the type of week Taylor had.

Bella Twins
Not only were unable to get the job done when the odds were in their favor, but they then took out their frustrations on Kelly Kelly for no reason at all.

AJ Styles
Another case of sore loser syndrome. Maybe he’ll be in a better mood next week.

[S12]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield EIlsi
We’re nearing the mid-way point of the year, are you happy with what you’ve done in the league thus far?

Jon:
Yeah, I'd say so. Kane/Orton was fun while it lasted and I really liked the Final Stand write up. Shame I can't do much as Kane right now. Cody's return got off to a hot start, but it's fizzled a bit since my laptop got fucked. (Excuse my language, I know how klassy you folk over at the newsletter are.) David and I put on some really good promos and I hope moving forward we can get back on track, we've already laid out some plans for the coming weeks and I hope everything works out.

Pats:
Honestly where I'm at is far beyond where I thought I would be. I never thought Red and Legal would want me to do the Shield at least not this early. But it's only the beginning and 2013 is my year.

Bang:
No, I've had a real shitty year so far interms of XWL stuff, it's not even that I don't want to promo or do matches most of the time I just don't want to do anything. Before when I was doing good with guys like Michaels, Matt Classic, Zack Ryder I found promoing really easy and could generally bust out a promo in 20minutes to an hour no problem, Madison Rayne included in that too, but pretty much all year it's been difficult to be motivated to do anything. Working nights doesn't exactly help though, with me not knowing what day it is most of the time either. I made some pretty arenas though.

Me (A.K.A. Seme):
I haven't done a lot but I really enjoyed the Kofi/Rollins feud and am enjoying my current programs. I haven't been able to be around consistently since originally joining but when I have been here I have had a great time and hope to finish out the year strong!

Say you were given the chance to create and attend a wrestling event and can choose five matches to witness with your own eyes. You can choose the wrestlers, the match type and everything else… so what would your dream card look like?

Jon:
Main Event: CM Punk vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (No Disqualifcations)
Come on, this is a given

Match Number Four: Daniel Bryan vs. Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe in a Three Way Dance
Why not? Just turn them lose and let them beat the shit out of each other.

Match Number Three: Kevin Steen vs. El Generico
These two are magical together. Enough said.

Match Number Two: Beer Money Inc. vs. Edge & Christian in TLC
Beer! Money! I really just want to hear that them again, plus this match would be awesome. Roode and Storm are both fantastic and one of the best teams in recent memory. Put them against E & C with table ladders, and chairs (oh my) in the mix, you've got one hell of a match.

The Opener: Codyyyyyyyyy vs. Randy Orton
I just want to see Cody go over Randy clean with my own two eyes.

Pats:
Punk vs Austin (No holds barred)
HBK vs Rock
AJ Styles vs Seth Rollins (2 out of 3 falls)
Edge vs Bret Hart
Dean Ambrose vs Cactus Jack (Street Fight)

Bang:
I'm assuming you mean current wrestlers so my first choice would have to be Dolph Ziggler vs Christian in a Ladder match, I don't even think I have to justify why that match would be amazing, two of the best wrestlers in the world in my opinion. My second match would be CM Punk vs Dean Ambrose, doesn't really need a gimmick to be amazing, again it's obvious why I'd want to see this match. Austin Aries vs Daniel Bryan, again because it would be amazing. Samoa Joe vs Ryback, that would be a cool match to see. Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio, just give me that fucking match already. If you mean just anyone ever then, Hayabusa vs Liger, Ric Flair vs Dolph Ziggler in an Iron Man Match, CM Punk vs Steve Austin, Chris Jericho vs Randy Savage and Shawn Michaels vs The Rock.

Me (A.K.A. Seme):
(This is all time wrestlers; also it's just some of my favorite wrestlers I'd want to see wrestle!)

Opener: Motor City Machine Guns vs Edge & Christian

Match #2: Chris Benoit vs Daniel Bryan

Match #3: Chris Jericho vs Christopher Daniels

Match #4: Eddie Guerrero vs Alberto Del Rio

Main Event: CM Punk vs Shawn Michaels

You are about to serve a lifetime prison sentence for committing an unspeakable act, and are being served one final grand meal before you’re stuck eating from the prison cafeteria. Assuming anything you can think of is an option, what would you choose to eat? (& drink)?

Jon:
Pizza with some Jack and Coke is enough.

Pats:
Fast food and cherry Dr. Pepper

Bang:
I'd Surf and Turf with style Lobster and KFC Chicken Wings, for drink I'd say Old J Rum and Pepsi, but I don't drink anymore, sigh, so I'd go for Um Bongo for sure.

Me (A.K.A. Seme):
I'd get a giant steak, two big baked potatoes with sour cream and butter, a side of baked beans, and a big glass of milk. And then finally would request a drink afterwards whether it'd be a 6 Pack of Dos Equis or a Fifth of something.

[S13]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield 2VKECCo
Soon.

[S14]XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield IDHj4
And there we go for this week, could've been smoother, but it was better than nothing. Until next week.

Interview List:
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan

Stars Speak Out Question:
Which superstar on the roster, other than yourself, do you have respect?

Roundtable Question
*Credit to Seme for helping out with this section. Please PM your answers to him.

If you had to pick a list of 5 matches from the past, and those matches were the only ones you could watch for the rest of your life what would they be?

What is your favorite video game of all time? From any generation, console anything.

What do you consider to be your favorite acting performance? (Ex. Heath Ledger as Joker, Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, etc. P.S. Those are not my choices but popular examples I could think of although RDJ as Stark is the most accurate casting decision ever.)

Last edited by TheKrzyOne on Thu May 23, 2013 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield   XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Wooo! Great work everyone! Glad to see it going smoothly, and remember to send me those answers! Anyone can do it.
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield   XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Great newsletter and thanks for the props Z. Also cool article but the Shield will never be broken us flag
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield   XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 3:34 pm

I love that the newsletter is back and this was another awesome read. cheers
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield   XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:41 am

Very good read, but I think we all know that if you're going to stop the Shield then you don't ask Ryback.
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield   XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:28 am

C'mon guys, send Seme some more roundtable answers! He only has two right now and this weeks questions are pretty good and won't take long too answer! Get to it!
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield   XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Last call for answers, I send them at midnight and have 4 people's answers right now! If you want to be in the Newsletter be sure to send it before then!
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield   XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Shit, forgot to send in my answers because I've been working on the write up. They had Always lyrics in them. </3 (Also if no one picks the first EC, shame on all of you.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield   XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Newsletter 5/23: Breaking The Shield
Page 1 of 1