Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?

Go down 
+2
Kyle
TheKrzyOne
6 posters

Would you rather...
have a legal team get you anything you want?
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? I_vote_lcap63%XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
watch somebody suffer after you put a bounty on them?
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? I_vote_lcap37%XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Empty
PostSubject: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 4:08 am

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? 8FQEt

Quick Search (Use Ctrl+F)
[S1] Archives
[S2] Overview
[S3] Spotlight Article
[S4] Feud Updates
[S5] Rambles & Raves
[S6] Rumor Mill
[S7] Interview
[S8] The Stars Speak Out
[S9] Superstar Rankings
[S10] Winners & Losers
[S11] XWL Roundtable
[S12] Win or Go Home
[S13] Wrap Up

[S1]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? LBwDO
Missed an old newsletter? Want to re-read an old article? Catch up here!
9/23/11, 10/2/11, 5/13/12, 5/20/12, 5/27/12, 6/3/12, 6/10/12, 6/17/12,
6/25/12, 7/1/12, 7/16/12, 7/22/12, 7/30/12, 8/7/12, 12/4/12, 12/12/12, 12/19/12, 1/3/13, 1/8/13, 1/23/13

[S2]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? 7f3Sx
It’s pay per view week ladies and gentlemen which means that we’re in for an epic night filled with surprises, drama and action like we’ve never seen. It’s the first pay per view of the new year and I’m sure that XWL is going to officially kick of 2013 the only way it knows how: with pure epicness.

[S3]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? LhMLo
……….It seems that this could be the era of lawyers in XWL, looks like David Otunga can be useful after all. CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho, Eve, my ex-wife, a lot of people have resorted to legal measures in order to get what they want by any means necessary. It has created a dynamic where one person has all the control and can do whatever and get away whatever they please, leaving the other party helpless and at their mercy. It’s not right, and it’s not fair when other people don’t play fair, though as my uncle would say: “Life isn’t fair, young Klass.” And I’ll be damned if her wasn’t right.

……….However, that doesn’t mean that the days of the good clean fight have to die out, nor should people having their lawyers on speed dial become commonplace. When everyone does it, it isn’t cool. When everyone does it… well, it’s not that unique and it soon becomes stale and played out and the hunt for the next new thing will soon follow.

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? JasonSegel
Lawyer up!

……….Though somehow the same can’t really be applied with the various situations we have in XWL. Yeah, we have a lot of legal mumbo jumbo going on, but they’ve all been different and executed to garner different results that XWL is almost able to get away with having all of these happening simultanesously. From guys like Jericho getting himself a title match, to Eve getting a restraining order, to Brock getting The Rock banned and CM Punk getting Vince McMahon in the ring, all of these superstars were able to bend the law to suit their needs and they all got the results the wanted. Now all we need is for someone to take their rival to court and we’d really have a little bit of everything going. (Cough, cough.)

……….But it’s not just the law, money has reared its head to be a powerful ally as well. Though I guess you’d need a hefty sum of cash to be able to pay for a legal team to flaunt at your convenience, and that would also explain why not everyone is doing it… sometimes the world just favors the rich.

……….When I mention money though, I’m simply referring to all the cases where it was the pure green that created the influence, without the law being involved. A prime example would be, of course, this ongoing saga between Dean Ambrose ad Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler was at one point giving away more money than I certainly make in a week for someone to do his job for him. And it almost worked, as Ambrose was being attacked at all sides while Ziggler was off vacationing.

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Money-tree-351
If only…

……….Then there’s the case of Vickie and Shawn and with Shawn getting his own limo we have to think that he isn’t simply doing this out of the kindness of his heart or just simply because he doesn’t like Ted. There are other factors at play, one of which being what I mentioned in the spotlight last week, and the other being that there was to be an exchange of the greens going between Vickie and Shawn. Hell, maybe Vickie’s the one who gave Dolph the 250,00 0 to use as a bounty.

……….Lastly, there’s the case of Jeff Hardy buying Wade Barrett to tip the scales in his favor heading into his title match against Big Zeke. Money is such a powerful entity that Barrett is apparently willing to set aside his quest to win The United States championship for whatever Hardy is paying him to stand by his side and look pretty.

……….Lawyering or simply buying your way out of a jam has become commonplace in XWL and has dramatically changed the landscape.. but has the change been for the better?

[S4]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? PKs20
Who’s been getting on each other’s nerves lately?

Beth Phoenix vs. Layla
Beth used Maryse to send a message to Layla who was guest commentating, but in the end it was Layla who had the last laugh. Was it just a simple attack to the knee? Or was Layla softening up the Glamazon for their submission match?

Seth Rollins vs. Matt Hardy
Rollins made an enemy out of Matt Hardy by costing him his match against Aries, and now Hardy is out for revenge. The only question now is how will he go about it?

Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler
With the help of some Masked Men, Ambrose escaped the wrath of five men, and then Big E. Langston and then he attacked Vickie Guerrero. Dolph was furious and demanded a ladder match so that he can get rid of Ambrose once and for all…. Or at least try.

Carltio vs. MVP
Carlito laid out the challenge and this time MVP didn’t hesitate to respond and say that they’ll be competing in a street fight. Carlito has finally gotten the match he wanted and now it’s time to see if he’ll be able to deliver.

Paige vs. Alicia Fox
They fought backstage, they fought in the arena, and now at Uprising they can fight anywhere because falls will count anywhere. After weeks of trash-talking who will get the victory in this rematch?

John Morrison vs. Christian
Christian had to hold Melina hostage to do it but he finally got his Intercontinental championship match. Morrison wasn’t too pleased and though he got the better of Christian in their fight, he wasn’t able to protect his lady in the end.

Brie Bella vs. Kaitlyn
Brie was no doubt pleased with her sister defeating Kaitlyn, and there’s no doubt that she’s feeling really good about striking Kaitlyn with her title belt. Will she have that same level of success when they meet at Uprising?

Shawn Michaels vs. Ted DiBiase
DiBiase has become so upset that he won’t even do an interview while HBK and Vickie continue to plot and come up with ways to keep Ted out of XWL.

CM Punk vs. Vince McMahon
Punk got his job back and he’ll get a chance to kick McMahon’s ass as he delivers a beating that’s been just about a year in the making.

The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar
Heyman and his legal team got The Rock banned from Uprising, but does that truly mean this is the last we’ve seen of The Great One?

Jeff Hardy vs. Ezekiel Jackson
Jeff’s cryptic message now becomes super-clear as he reveals that he’s enlisted the assistance of Wade Barrett to help him deal with his Ezekiel Jackson problem.

Chris Jericho vs. Triple H.
Jericho slapped the taste out of HHH’s mouth the same way he knocked Ric Flair back into retirement. Jericho seems to have everything going for him right now, and Triple H has to do something big to knock Y2J off of cloud nine.

[S5]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? JA3ik
We give our thoughts, whether they make sense or not, on the segments that graced our televisions this week.

Beth Phoenix
Beth has found a way to look stunning and intimidating at the same time as she calls out a former Divas Champion so that she can send a message to Layla. Beth wants to break Layla and, physically, and the way to do that according to Beth is to stretch her out until she taps out. The best part? She has invited Layla to join at ringside, and knowing Layla’s ego she’ll show up with popcorn and some wine as she tries to convince Beth, but mostly herself, that she isn’t afraid.

William Regal
You would have thought XWL would have the finances to fix that hole in the titantron, or that that it would have somehow still been working. (Aside: Shoulda put a hole smack dab in the middle of Regal’s face. Where’s your creativity, sis?) In any case, The Villain meant business as he laid into his opponent for the evening, along with essentially saying that this will be his best run in the company yet. It was a solid start, and a nice foundation for hopefully stronger and longer (and holier?) segments in the future.

Matt Hardy
A short and sweet promo from Hardy, who got the point across that he’s excited about his big win, and that he’ll be looking forward to adding more to the W column in the near future.

Dean Ambrose
While the Ambrose speaking parts where on as usual, it was how he avoided what looked to be certain disaster time and time again that was truly the highlight of this segment. As usual people were coming out of the woodworks to get a shot at the quarter mil, and this week they come out in record number, but just like the rest, the were turned away. But it wasn’t by Ambrose driving a knee into their skull, but by the assistance of not one but two masked men. Who are they? And why aren’t they tempted by the money?

Carlito
A great segment from Carltio highlights the fact that he feels he deserves more than he’s gotten, and that he won’t stop until he gets his respect and his championship gold. Ever since their first encounter over a month ago, Carlito feels that MVP is a nuisance that needs to be taken care of. Again Carlito is the one to challenge MVP to a match that he’s confident he’ll win. But first Carlito has to focus on his opponent for the night, William Regal, but The Caribbean’s finest doesn’t feel he’ll have any problems beating the elderly has-been.

Alberto Del Rio
That was odd, is Ricardo fired? ‘Cause he’s the one that yells out Del Rio’s name like that. Guess everyone’s been feeling the effects of this down economy. (Aside: Typos in the promo made it feel a bit rushed, like spelling Shelley’s name wrong or making it sound like you ate Jeff Hardy.) It seems that people are feeling a little homesick because Del Rio can be added to the list that includes Ziggler and Barrett of superstars who have decided to return home. But Del Rio swears that once he returns he’ll be better than ever and that’s something we’ll just have to wait and see for ourselves.

Paige
It was just enough to let us know what match Paige wants to face Fox in, but still left me wanting a lot more, but maybe that’s to come later on in the show.

Madison Eagles
Anyone else was craving a burger after watching this? Just me? In any case I didn’t let my sudden onset of hunger distract me from what a great segment from Eagles that almost came across as a shoot at times as she clearly had no qualms with speaking her mind. It was interesting to see that Eagles doesn’t pay attention to only what’s going on in the divas division, and that she already has a championship redesign in mind for if she ever wins the big one. She’s had an impressive showing in XWL thus far, and from the looks of this promo she won’t be slowing down anytime soon.

Alica Fox
That was a clever little tactic by Fox as she had Paige choose the match up make it seem like she was in control. Then Fox goes on to belittle Paige as only someone as feisty as she can until Paige shows up to shut Fox up with a cheap attack.

The Miz
That was pretty cold. Miz basically said that Sheamus and Rollins should find new careers, because with him around they’ll look like trash in comparison. And in some odd way Miz is right. He’s been rebuilding and working and looking more impressive than ever in the wake of his loss to Chris Jericho. He’s been on a tear lately and no one has yet to slow him down. If he continues at this pace and Jericho finds a way to defeat Triple H, those two may be having a re-match sooner than any one of us could have expected.

Dolph Ziggler
An excellent segment on all fronts, with Dolph hitting the nail on all fronts and completely ripping into Dean before announcing his own little insurance policy. Unfortunately, Big E didn’t last too long as once again those masked assailants came to play and Vickie became a victim as well. It’s all too clear that Ambrose won’t stop, and until he gets his hands on Ziggler… no one is safe.

Austin Aries
Along with some other things, it appears that superstars longing for respect is another common theme in XWL, maybe the winter blues are kicking in and everybody is longing to protect their pride. Aries is another man who doesn’t feel he’s getting the spotlight he deserves even though he was in contention for the World Title before his sudden departure. Interestingly enough he brought up The Miz, who’s kind of in the same boat he’s in: trying to restore his career after losing high-profile matches and then falling off the face of the earth. So who will get back to the main event scene at first? We’ll just have to wait and see.

Seth Rollins
At least the newsletter is getting some recognition even if it was us getting called idiots. But then again Rollins isn’t too bring himself if he thinks not competing will move him up the card.

John Morrison
A heated confrontation between JoMo and Christian led to the shocking revelation that Christian was willing to hold Melina captive and use her as a bargaining chip just to get one more shot at the title. I guess weeks ago when Christian said he had a plan, I guess this was it, and the worse part about it is that it worked because Morrison gave Christian what he wanted, and Morrison better hope that that people using Melina as a means to get to him doesn’t become a common thing.

The Bella Twins
Well The Bellas sure are cheerful tonight, and why wouldn’t they be? Brie FINALLY got one over on porr Kaitlyn who’s been dealing with the numbers game from the very start. Now Brie may have that momentum she needs she finally get the win she needs against Kaitlyn at Uprising.

Dolph Ziggler
Ziggler warned Ambrose to be careful what he wished for, but willingly setting Ambrose loose in a match where anything goes may not be the best decision the show off has ever made. But in any case, The ladder match at Uprising is all but official and these two will tear each other a part, for their own reasons, and this fight won’t be pretty.

Shawn Michaels
Well that was pretty selfish of Shawn, I kind of wanted to know what the master plan was, now I guess I’ll have to wait until it’s executed. It was a nice little back and forth between Shawn and Vickie and it almost felt like there was a little bit of tension brewing under the surface, but they eventually reunited under the promise of once again making sure that Ted doesn’t get his hands on a contract.

CM Punk
So it looks like Punk can get his sweet revenge on Vince McMahon after all this time in XWL, and to make things even better, he’s back on the roster and may be on the hunt for a championship sooner rather than later. It’s been a long time coming, but Punk shouldn’t expect that Vince won’t have a few tricks up his sleeve… it’s what’s gotten him this far.

Curt Hawkins
Hey look another mention on live TV, things are looking up for the ol’ newsletter if I do say so myself. From the looks of things, Reks and Hawkins have a major plan, and it’s one they may not even need pants to execute.

Sheamus
A solid seg for the Irishman who’ll be proud to know that I occasionally use Irish Springs every now and then. A man of great honor is Sheamus, who had no problem admitting that Miz was the better man but vows that losing won’t be a reoccurring theme of his current run in XWL. Once he shakes off the rust, Sheamus could be a force to be reckoned with.

The Rock
Though Rocky wasn’t as hot as was last week, he still brought it in a big way… until Heyman came around and cooled him off. What is Brock going to do now that Rock is banned? Will he find someone else to F5 onto the stage?

Matt Hardy
Hardy wasn’t too pleased about Seth costing him his match, and it may turn out that Seth crossed the wrong man because Matt is now looking for a fight.

Eve
Feeling great about her win over Brie, Eve is feeling pretty good about herself, so much so that she’s all but guaranteeing that she will be in the money in the bank match. With the divas roster the way it’s been, she just may do that.

Ted DiBiase
DiBiase’s been through a lot and now the people who he was once friendly to are not even welcome in his own. This just further shows how much DiBiase has changed over the course of this ordeal with his contract. Vickie and HBK have been getting their kicks out of kicking him when he’s down, but he won’t be like this forever.

Jeff Hardy
That was a nice little swerve for old enemies to become allies. Though it’ll be interesting to see if Wade will continue to assist Hardy when he decides he wants another shot at the gold.

Mankind
This creepy bastard is back and he’s vowed to wreak havoc and get revenge on those responsible for him being stripped of his opportunity to compete for the World Title. After what he went through with The Rock, there should be no doubt that Mankind is a very dangerous man in a very dangerous mindset and someone should be very afraid right about now.

Chris Jericho
An excellent way to close out to show with these two having a major war of words before their huge title match at Uprising. Jericho will forever hold onto the claim that Triple H’s win was a fluke, and he’s not ashamed of resorting to legal measures in order to get himself back in the title picture. However, Triple H vows to put an end to Jericho’s bitching once and for all by defeating one more, and hopefully the final, time. Jericho got away with a slap but he better be careful because that sledgehammer may come into play at Uprising, regardless of the rules.

[S6]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? TXGqA
The top stories being talked about around the water cooler.

Masked men make masked friends
Ambrose once told the story about the child that stole his bike and one that ratted on him in class. A source is telling us that those childhood foes are now going out of their way to make things up to Dean by helping him out with Dolph.

He can sing too
We’ve received word that Chris Jericho may be performing a song from his new album at the pay per view. We didn’t get a chance to speak to Jericho beforehand to determine whether this was true or not.

As old as he looks
Though he was scheduled to compete against MCMG, it’s reported that Kevin Nash may be injured or couldn’t make it to the event. In any case Hogan is working to find him replacement before the 5 on 2 tag match.

[S7]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? KUK1Q
Well folks, we were supposed to interview the Heartbreak Kid this week, but you could say that he stood us up. Can you blame the guy, though? He’s lost his limo, his woman on the side is getting a bit upset and now he has to deal with Ted DiBiase is some way for the third pay per view in a row. Speaking of Ted, while we were waiting around in the hopes that HBK would grace our presence, we heard that XWL was sending a car to pick up the disgruntled ex-employee and we decided to hitch a ride. Luckily he treated us better than the last guy who tried to interview him, I guess we’ve gotten pretty respectable now.

Interviewer
Thank you for not kicking us out of the car Ted, even though I’m sure it was a surprise to see us in here but with Shawn Michaels not showing up we kind of had to improvise.

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? JKYWAW4

Ted DiBiase
It's funny he's the guy with a contract yet he can't be bothered with fulfilling his obligations, yet I haven't had a contract in over five months and here I am being interviewed in his place! It's not actually funny, it's quite sad, it's pathetic that a guy like that gets to walk in the arena every week without being thrown out by security the second he steps foot inside...YET a true company guy like myself has had to go through all of this crap and just gets tossed out on his ass like he doesn't belong there anymore. Like I've overstayed my welcome or something ridiculous... but I'm trying to keep my cool because I do have to focus for my match Sunday, so hopefully this will help me get my mind off that no good son of a bitch. It's highly unlikely but a guy can hope, right?

Interviewer
I'd agree with you to put you at ease, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't ask at least a few questions about this ongoing conflict with Vickie Guerrero and Shawn Michaels. Angry probably can't even begin to describe how you feel.

Ted DiBiase
There are a lot of words I could use but they're not exactly family friendly if you know what I mean.

Interviewer
Have you ever felt trapped? That you're doomed to have your contract dangled in front of your face forever?

Ted DiBiase
Trapped? No. The pawn in somebodies sick idea of a joke? Yeah. It's like why even give me the two chances that I've had if they knew from the get go that they were going to screw me?

Interviewer
But the same can be said of you continuing to try when there has to be the nagging thought in the back of your mind that they may try and pull something and embarrass you.

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Dn0YxTT

Ted DiBiase
May? Let's be real, they will. At this point I can only expect to be screwed, I don't know how they're planning it to happen, but let's face it, the last two months? I've been screwed. Was it stupid to not call it quits the first time? Absolutely! But as we've learned, I'm not always about the "smart" thing to do. I'm about what I want do, and I don't know how I'll do it, but I want that contract, and I'll get it. XWL might have made it crystal clear that they're finished with me, but they're not in control of when this all ends, I am.

Interviewer
Why don't you ask for help, Ted? Why do you keep thinking that this is something you can accomplish alone?

Ted DiBiase
There's not very many men that would willingly put their spot in the company in jeopardy just to help one guy get his back. Besides, ever since the whole Rock situation I've been careful with who I trust. He proved even the most truth worthy will sell out for the right price, and right now that's the last thing I need to worry about.

Interviewer
But The Rock has apparently become a changed man. Are you telling me you think it's all an act?

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Lz1dyb6

Ted DiBiase
All I know is I thought I knew The Rock, I thought he respected The People, but as last year showed us, he might not be as genuine as we'd all like to believe.

Interviewer
Don't you think that you'd have it in you to lose your way in a moment of rage?

Ted DiBiase
Even at my angriest I've never once lashed out at the fans, they're the ones that support us through our good and our bad times, and they don't deserve to be treated like The Rock treated them. Whether he lost his way or not, it's no excuse, and it certainly doesn't make it right.

Interviewer
What has been your best experience with a fan?

Ted DiBiase
Honestly to this day no moment has topped the guy that got his car stolen by The Rock. I felt bad because in a way I was part of the reason why his wife was so pissed at him....though I didn't call her mom an old hag, I still felt like I had to do something. So I asked him to call her back and hand me the phone....I'm not exactly a genius with the ladies but I thought it was better than leaving this poor sap there crying and throwing a fit...he was liable to get arrested, and that would've just made things worse. So I talk to her, explain what happened, she throws a fit, they really were meant to be....and after calming her down I explain that instead of getting them back the vehicle they had, which wasn't exactly top of the line or anything, I'd buy them a brand new car. Well the conversation continues....and suddenly the news she was waiting to tell him when he got home came up....and he found out he was gonna be a daddy! So that next day I met with them both, let them pick out any vehicle they wanted and because I wanted to give the guy a little something extra for The Rock almost ruining his night and marriage....I got them front row tickets for that year's Final Stand. To just be a part of it all, especially her breaking the news that she was pregnant was just something I'll never forget.

Interviewer
Speaking of Final Stand, what do you think you'll be doing on that night?

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? 0pSRhpx

Ted DiBiase
It's a bit of pipe dream at this point in time, but they say anything can happen in this crazy business, so main-eventing for the World Heavyweight Championship sure would be nice.

Interviewer
Are you still feeling bitter that you never got your rematch for the World Title?

Ted DiBiase
I'd like to say no, but truthfully yes. I've never been known for complaining but I think if anyone's ever had a reason to complain it would be over what happened at Supremacy. Not only was I cheated by the man I initially beat to become number one contender in the first place, but I got fired because of it? It didn't make things any easierthat's for sure.

Interviewer
Well, I don't know if it'll make you feel better but Cody Rhodes and Michael McGillicutty, two of your most recent rivals haven't been seen on XWL tv in months. I guess you could take that as a moral victory?

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Ui0fQ7D

Ted DiBiase
Personally that's not something I'd be proud of. I like my victories in the ring, any other way just doesn't compare or really matter. But I can take pride in the fact that I beat them both in our last encounters. Ironically enough both were when the World Heavyweight Championship was up for grabs. It's just a shame Edge isn't still around, I guess you could say there's a bit of unfinished business there.

Interviewer
But of course now priority lies with sorting out this business with your contract. What were you doing while you were away anyway?

Ted DiBiase
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I did nothing but feel sorry for myself for the longest time. I didn't think I'd ever snap out of it, I just felt defeated, like all of my hard work had been for nothing. I was on top of the world so to speak, and then I wasn't, so I took it really hard.

Interviewer
Did you ever try talking to your dad?

Ted DiBiase
Believe me, he tried talking to me. The very moment I gathered my things from the locker room I had like ten missed calls and voice mails from him but I just didn't wanna be bothered by anybody. He tried coming by the house to check on me and tell me everything was okay, but that's the thing, I knew everything was not okay. It didn't help me to have someone tell me it was okay, when it was most certainly not. I was being a bit of a baby about the whole thing but I gave this company everything, and to be treated like that....I just couldn't accept it, I couldn't believe it. To this day I still can't, but I'm not gonna get my job back by feeling sorry for myself, now am I?

Interviewer
Is it times like that, when you're alone and it seems that the whole world is out to get you, that you wish Maryse was still around to comfort you?

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? 2ypK5Hh

Ted DiBiase
See that's the thing, I didn't need someone to comfort me, I needed someone to tell me what a complete jackass I was acting like. Thankfully I had gotten back in touch with my old high school sweet heart just a week before Supremacy and she's the one that really helped me come back. She called me every name in the book as I laid there wallowing in my own self-pity, and I needed that! I needed someone to tell me not that it was okay, but that I was being a baby about everything! That instead of laying around doing nothing I needed to get off my ass and do something about it!

Interviewer
Speaking of getting off your ass, it looks like we've arrived. Good luck Ted, hopfully things finally work out for you.

Ted DiBiase
We made it an entire car ride without me throwing you into traffic, well done! You should give that interviewer they sent earlier some pointers. If you see him tell him I'm sorry....well I'm not really sorry since I can be a bit testy lately....but a good lie never hurt nobody! See ya now!

[S8]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Is5b2
Next week’s question: Scenario: You’re going on a long road trip and can only bring three things with you to keep you entertained. What are they?

[S9]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? 1wokB

Men’s Power 15
1-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionworldchampion (36)
A rare loss for Triple H hurt him, but a great promo with Jericho keeps him in the top spot.

2-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionicjomo (32.5)
Morrison gets huge win over The Game and his segment with Christian helps him get into the top 3 this week.

3-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdownjericho (31)
Jericho keeps on winning and keeps on cutting excellent promos as the number one spots gets withing reach.

4-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptioncarlito (26.5)
Carlito has gone from a winning streak to a bit of a slump and he needs to turn things around quickly.

5- XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionmvp (25.5)
MVP picked up a win against Cesaro to get him into the Top 5 for this week.

6-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionuszeke (23.5)

7-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionshawnmichaels (23)

8-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? NIoQn (21)

9-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionaustinaries (20.5)

10-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptiondeanambrose (20)

11-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionchristian (18.5)

12-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptiondolph (18.5)

13- XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdowntherock (16)

14- XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdownjeffhardy (12.5)

15- XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionsteveaustin (11)

Women’s Power 5
1-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionmschif (40)
MsChif has won her second straight and he confrontation with Sean Vincent was highly entertaining.

2-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdownbriebella (37.5)
IBrie loses her second straight, but solid segments have kept her afloat as she remains in the top 3.

3-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionlaylael (32.5)
Layla didn’t compete, but was golden on commentary and got some pay back on The Glamazon.

4-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdownbethphoenix (31)

5-XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionaliciafox (25.5)

[S10]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Xtn3E
Here we take a closer look at three superstars who did pretty well for themselves and three who probably couldn’t wait for the week to be over.

Winners
Jeff Hardy
Hardy aligned himself with Wade Barrett of all people and things may really be in his favor as his championship match draws near.

CM Punk
Punk got his job back, his rights to challenge for the title, and even better now he gets a chance to kick Vince McMahon’s ass. What more can a make ask for?

Layla
For the first time during this rivalry Layla came out looking strong and her vicious attack on Beth may be a foreshadowing of what goes down during their submission match.

Losers
Triple H
Not only did The Game come up short in his match against Morrison, but he was slapped in the face by Jericho and all he could do in retaliation was destroy another screen.

John Morriosn
Morrison lost this week because despite everything he said about Christian not deserving a shot, he eventually caved in and gave Captain Charisma what he wanted and to make matters worse, Melina got hurt anyway.

Kaitlyn
The Hybrid Diva got a chance to show Nikki what her sister would be in store for come Uprising, but instead she lost and then was attacked by the sisters leaving Kaitlyn out cold in the ring.

[S11]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? EIlsi
Our panel is back and ready to answer some questions.
*I'll edit in any answers pmed to me after.

The other week we asked what feuds you'd like to see others have, now tell us what three feuds you'd like to have in the league.

Austin: Three feuds that I would like to have, quite a hard question considering there are a lot of people but three of the top ones I'd have to say would be: Edge (Myself) vs. Ted DiBiase (David) because yes, I would retake Edge just to feud with Ted. Whether you like Ted or you hate Ted, David puts a crap load of effort into anything he does as Ted against anyone he is feuding with, even if it's against himself. We had the Edge/DiBiase feud going for a little bit before but it got cut short because of XWL Championship and Ted getting fired. Saddens me we didn't get to go longer then a month. The second feud would be Randy Orton (Myself) vs. Dean Ambrose (Legal) mainly because this could be a feud that I could see being pretty interesting. You've got a guy basically with anger management issues going against a guy who loves to just fight and bleed. Seems like a perfect match to me. Final feud, Christian (Myself) vs. Edge (Someone good) because fuck you RCP ya douche bag.

Stay: There are a lot of feuds I'd like to have in this league that I think could be a lot of fun, depending on the character and who's playing them.

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionicjomo vs XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdowndamiensandow

Maybe not this specific Sandow, but let's imagine that gamertag says "Legend Devil 19". With John Morrison and Damien Sandow coming together to form the Saviors of Society, they were a force to be reckoned with. We saw them attack the likes of the Motor City Machine Guns, Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley. Both Jomo and Sandow would win their respective brands' championship, with Morrison winning the Intercontinental Championship and Sandow winning the United States Championship. However, Sandow would lose the championship, blame Morrison for his losses, and well the rest is history. I'd really enjoy doing this feud, I did want it to happen somewhere down the line after teaming with Sandow after a while, it would've been way better than the generic "one partner turns on the other and then they fight".

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdownbriebella vs XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionlaylael

It's obvious that David is one of the hardest working people when it comes to his characters, especially Layla. A Brie Bella vs Layla feud would be epic in my opinion, Layla and Brie already have some history stemming all the way back to that tag match on Redemption where it was Layla and Brie Bella vs Michelle McCool and Kelly Kelly. Since then, we've been involved in brawls, slammy awards, championship matches, tag matches, but it seems like we can never get our hands on each other, just one-on-one. Although I'd like to think I do a great job as the Bellas, this feud can put me up there, I could say I beat the longest reigning Divas Champion in history, even though my one week reign was clearly better.

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptionicjomo vs XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdownjericho

John Morrison vs Chris Jericho is a feud I'd really like to have in XWL. Why? I really enjoy Red's promos as Jericho, he plays the character so well. And our match sometime back was ftw, everything about that was just great. I think a feud with Red as Jericho could really help me improve as John Morrison overall. Red is the man who can do it, please don't bury me.

Adam: Dolph Ziggler vs Chris Jericho
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? WTYi5zp

Me and Red haven't had a proper feud, if you get me. We had Aries/Christian and Miz/Jericho but they were too short so sometime this year I'd like to have a decent feud length wise and I think Jericho vs Dolph could be great. The month I did Miz vs Jericho was some of the most fun I've had in a feud due to how many ideas we were throwing around, I think we would make Dolph/Jericho work.

Stone Cold vs The Rock
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? ADHAsr7

I know I'm not Stone Cold in XWL but this is a feud I'd love to play out here with Zander. We've talked about how much we've wanted to do it before so hopefully somehow we can eventually. We're both huge fans for both men and with all of the material we'd have for Austin/Rock I think if we were given the chance we'd put on a feud that people would remember.

Stone Cold vs Triple H
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? T1zPcPY

Austin vs Triple H was one of my favourite wrestling feuds full stop. Such intensity and hatred between both men and that's something that I'd love to recreate in XWL and I know if me and Gaz did it I'd really enjoy it.

Zander: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdownjericho VS XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdowntherock

I think me and Red would be able to pull off a really solid memorable feud with a great combination of funny/serious promos and then backed up with match write ups. I'd have a lot of fun writing Rock vs Jericho matches and with Reds strengths with graphics it could go that extra mile in presentation. He loves his commentary in promos and matches so that would give me the boot up the ass to include that as well. I'd enjoy it and hope that others would too.

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdownkane VS XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdowntherock

Always been a huge fan of Penguins Kane promos and I think that it would be a great feud just for the promo chemistry, we always seem to knock our promos out very quickly and people are well receptive of them (Promo of the night at Final Stand for example) The clash of different personalities would be interesting and I know that we'd have a lot of fun.

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Redemptiondean VS XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Breakdowntherock

I think I speak for everyone when I say that Legal has brought it as Ambrose and his work has been outstanding, Dolph/Ambrose is my favorite feud going at the moment and I look forward to reading it each week. That said, Legals Ambrose scares the fuck out of me and once again the clash of styles with The Rock could be interesting and force him down a more serious route. Would be good for us both.

Are you happy with who won the rumble? Do you think WWE made the right choice? Who would you have rather seen win?

Austin: I'm honestly perfectly fine with John Cena winning the Royal Rumble because did I really expect anyone else? No. Was it obvious it was gonna be Rock vs. Cena at Wrestlemania (maybe triple threat with Punk) for the title? Yes. So I never got my hopes up a ton about anyone else winning. I don't think WWE made the right choice on how he won because it was just so generic when they could have explored so many possibilities with this scenario. For example to build up the on going Ryback vs. The Shield feud and had Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment on Ryback, have both men go down and then have the lights go out. The lights come back on, Shield is in the ring beating up on Ryback and then they throw him over. But did that happen? No, sadly it didn't. If the Sheamus/Randy Orton feud was real, which I'd want to see if this meant Orton was heel, they could've have Sheamus vs. Cena be the final two and have Orton eliminated Sheamus. So basically, the match was good, I'm not bothered a ton by Cena winning the match cause I expected it. But who would I have liked to see win? Chris Jericho, as soon as I heard "Break The Walls Down!" I was like 'HOLY SHIT" because I legit did not expect that at all. I really hope he stays and its not a one time thing. Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania would be a match for the ages. He hasn't been readded to the roster section of WWE.com so I guess we just have to watch Raw and see if it is official or just a one time thing. Either way it was amazing. Oh and fuck Sin Cara, I expected someone big at 29 but then nope. Troll Cara.

Stay: I want to start of by saying that that had to be one of the most forgettable Royal Rumble PPV, in my opinion. It wasn't bad but nothing stood out except for the fact that The Rock won. So on to the Rumble itself. . .

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? RoyalRumbleMatchAI4

[color=white]This man won it all, he entered at the number 19 spot and in the end, he threw Ryback over to secure a chance to main event Wrestlemania 29. I guess I'm satisfied that John Cena won, although everyone knows I wanted the other John to win(Morrison, I miss you </3). A lot of people saw this coming, I did too, and I couldn't care less if it was predictable, I'm fine with John Cena winning. I think WWE made the right choice with John Cena because to be honest, he hasn't been featured in the title scene in a while, yet some will say I'm so tired of Cena, he's always winning championships, but I don't see much merit to that argument. I know some people wanted a swerve winner but me personally, there wasn't much people that I could see winning. Dolph has MTIB, no point of winning Royal Rumble in my opinion, yes we still are entitled to those, no more Sheamus in ME etc. I can't wait to see John Cena go over The Rock, f Rock.

Adam: No. I wasn't fond of Cena winning but let's face it we all knew it was going to happen. I'm not happy with the winner but the match overall was fantastic and I personally liked the Final 3. I'm not gonna judge if they made the right choice because I don't know 100% what direction they're going with Cena winning. My ideal winner would've been Wade Barrett but that was highly unlikely but when it got to the Final 3 I was rooting for Sheamus to win it even though that's just biased for my Dublin homie.

Zander: Am I happy with it? No. Can I live with it? Sure. My main problem with the Rumble winner was that Cena just didn't need it, even for the inevitable rematch with The Rock, John Cena didn't need the Rumble win to get access to that match. He's the biggest star of the last decade, he could be thrown into the match with some bullshit promo like he always does. I feel like it would have been more beneficial to have someone win and go for the World Heavyweight Championship, Sheamus, Orton, Ryback, Ziggler and Chris Jericho were all in the final 6 with John Cena and quite frankly, either one of them would have been a better choice.

P.S: I'm pissed off at how little Cesaro done in the Rumble and don't get me started on fucking Bo Dallas.

Let's step away from video games for a second and delve into the music world. What are some of your favorite bands and songs?

Austin: As of lately, the top three bands I've been listening to lately are Fozzy, Muse and Nirvana in no particular order. Some of my favorite bands of all time have to be Breaking Benjamin, Bon Jovi, Three days Grace, Paramore and a couple others. Too lazy to list them all. So yeah, music and what not.

Stay: Hmm, I pretty much listen to most things, from hip hop to certain bands, not really big on music, whatever comes on is what I'll listen to. I pretty much listen Drake and his songs such as "Over My Dead Body" and "Marvin's room". F Music, Television is where it's at. I'll just leave it at that.

Adam: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Tumblr_mh8tkzDaiN1rcqq8co1_500

I'm just gonna talk about my favourite group, The Beastie Boys. I used to be a pretty big fan of them when To The 5 Boroughs came out in 2004 and that got me into their music bigtime. But last year when I heard of the death of MCA I decided to listen to some of their more recent stuff and I've been hooked since. Since then I've got a bunch of their old albums and can't stop listening to them. I actually prefer their recent stuff from when they matured more and their lyrics had more meaning and truth behind them along with a mix of light hearted songs. Another reason I think they're fantastic is the funny as hell music videos they have, they're pioneers for music and legends when it comes to rap. They're so fluid on the mic and they all compliment eachother lyrics wise, good stuff. Couple favourite songs:

Zander: With the announcement of "Angels and Airwaves - Surrender" being the Wrestlemania song, it's made me listen to a lot of their songs and I'm impressed, nice little band that I haven't listened to before and I'm glad I took the time to listen to them. Other than them, Rise Against are a favourite of mine, it's hard to find a bad song by them. I'll throw a mention out for my hometown boys Biffy Clyro, they have a new album out this week and it's great as always, if you're looking for a song by them I'd say "Bubbles" Is my favourite.

Top 5 songs at the moment:
1. Ed Sheeran - Give Me Love
2. Mumford and Sons - The Boxer
3. Rise Against - Paper Wings
4. Green Day - 21 Guns
5. 30 Seconds to Mars - Vox Populi

Top 5 of all time:
1. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
2. Guns n Roses - Sweet Child of Mine
3. Mumford and Sons - The Boxer
4. Ed Sheeran - Give Me Love
5. Whitney Houston - I will always love you (I'm not gay, it just holds sentimental value)

[S12]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? WzuRn
Here’s a little roster update as the game continues.
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? 0kWGBnd
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Eu64twA
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? 6mZIHco
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? GG8fdjl
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? 1Myqgv2
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? OOXy3u9
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? PipsfEz
XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? JOr33vZ

[S13]XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? IDHj4
So above all I’m doing this newsletter for you guys, so if there’s something that you want to see added or changed or tweaked, let me know and I’ll be happy to take a look into doing something about it. If you also ever want to guest write a spotlight article, nominate a winner or loser or a quote, submit an interesting news story, ask to be interviewed, join the roundtable panel or contribute in any way just tell me… or else.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:51 am

Great newsletter krzy. Seems to get better and better each week. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 pm

As always yet another spectacular newsletter from top to bottom. I thought the spotlight article was a great choice considering all the legal goings in XWL recently and was well written, plus Marshal from How I met your mother FTW.

The masked men make masked friends rumor gave me a good laugh and I always enjoy how you can come up with some of the stories that you do. I was the subject of the interview so I can't really say much other than I had fun even if I was your second choice plain mischief:

Next week's question for the stars should bring about some fun responses so hopefully there will be a good turn out from that. AND I don't even have a contract, yet I'm higher up on the power 15 than The Rock, suck on that Rocky. mischief (Yes I just noticed that :run: )

Sorry I didn't get my roundtable answers in but for everyone that did it was a good read and I took would love a Dolph/Jericho, Dean/Rock, and Brie/Layla feud so hopefully those can happen sometime in the future. Thanks again for putting in the effort to get this done Krzy and I look forward to next week's edition!

Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 1:29 pm

ThatGuy wrote:
yet I'm higher up on the power 15 than The Rock, suck on that Rocky. mischief (Yes I just noticed that :run: )

You haven't been booking The Rock... That's your plan!
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Cody already has a legal team that can get him whatever he wants. (Example: Ted DiBiase being fired) Klass

Another great edition, Krzy. Really glad you're still doing this.
Back to top Go down
???
New Talent
???

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Matt Hardy being mentioned multiple times FTW Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:59 pm

saintsxklown wrote:
Matt Hardy being mentioned multiple times FTW Very Happy lol
from a distance looking at your name I thought you were Red. Way to let me down.
Back to top Go down
???
New Talent
???

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Lol im sorry
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:11 pm

saintsxklown wrote:
Lol im sorry

He's not serious it's okay hug
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:12 pm

How am I not serious? You don't know what I saw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:34 pm

Thanks for doing these Krzy. Your newsletters are one of the things I look forward to most during each XWL week.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 6:49 pm

So... now that the PPV is over can someone pls answer the stars speak out question?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?   XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Newsletter 1/30: Remember when people fought like men (and women)?
Page 1 of 1