Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Empty
PostSubject: XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz?   XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:27 am

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? LKVnE

Quick Search (Use Ctrl+F)
[S1] Archives
[S2] Overview
[S3] Spotlight
[S4] Feud Updates
[S5] Diva’s Corner
[S6] Reviews
[S7]Spots of the Week
[S8]Quotes of the Week
[S9]Newsletter Exclusive
[S10] Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
[S11]Interview
[S12] Superstar Rankings
[S13] The Stars Speak Out
[S14]Digital Decision Votes
[S15]Wrap Up

[S1]Archives
Missed an old newsletter? Want to re-read an old article? Catch up here!
9/23/11, 10/2/11, 5/13/12, 5/20/12, 5/27/12, 6/3/12, 6/10/12, 6/17/12

[S2]Overview
One more week folks! One more week is all that stands between us and what is shaping up to be an epic pay per view. Make sure you send in your vote folks because this is the one time of the year when we can really make our voices be heard.

[S3]Remember The Miz?
………. Miz has been gone for quite some time now and I’m starting to worry if he’ll ever be in an XWL ring again. Some of you may have noticed he’s gone and rejoiced; others may not have noticed at all or may not even know who The Miz is. That’s okay, because a man who used to be one of the most recognizable names in XWL is now nothing more than an afterthought, and I’ll admit to forgetting he existed myself every now and then and responding with a confused ‘Who?’ at times when his name was brought up. Sure it may not have completely been his fault why he had to leave, but it’s definitely his fault that he hasn’t come back yet. To put it bluntly, I think that The Miz, despite his faux tough guy routine that he tries to put on, I think the Miz is afraid, and I think that he may not want to come back at all.

………. What Miz is doing right now is either biding his time or putting things off that he doesn’t want to deal with. I’m sure you’ve read the dirtsheets about the scrapped plan to bring back Miz on Redemption. But it was never revealed why the plan didn’t go through and something is telling me that it was Miz himself who called it off. Why? It could be because it wasn’t good enough for the likes of Miz, but I believe that it could have been because The Miz isn’t mentally tough enough to come back to the brand that he had his success in winning the US Title with and then failure losing it as quickly as he won it. Not to mention Redemption then drafted him away as if he meant nothing. Miz couldn’t handle all of that and now he’s sitting in some dark corner unsure of what to do with his life.

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? I17pf
Do you remember the time?

………. Though maybe he just feels now isn’t the right time for him to make his grand return. You have Dolph Ziggler who finally made his in ring return only to wrestle a broom as haunting memories of his stint in jail made him too afraid to go near another man. Watching as Ziggler pretends to know what he’s doing perhaps has made Miz realize that he needs more time to shake off the ring rust and hit the gym a little longer and harder. But as far as I’m concerned Miz has been toeing the shoreline for far too long and it’s time that he just leaps right in with both feet before the big return is ruined by the fact that the people have long since stopped giving a damn.

……….Right now Miz shouldn’t be worried about coming back with a bang. Unless a great idea comes to him in a dream, then he should be here right now playing things by ear and taking things week by week instead of trying to plan for things months in advance. He’s a young quick-witted guy with a loud mouth and it’s only a matter of time before he’s back on someone’s hit list to mark the beginning of a potentially entertaining feud. In simple terms, Miz needs to get back into XWL asap, or he should start looking for a new reality gig.

[S4]Feud Updates
Who’s been getting on each other’s nerves lately?
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Breakd
Daniel Bryan vs. Shawn Michaels
It was announced that these two would be facing off at Digital Decision and both of these men are ready to rid themselves of the other for good. Shawn Michaels wants everyone one to know that he definitely still has it, and Bryan wants to clear some room at the top for people who deserve to be there.

Chris Jericho vs. Alex Shelley vs. Mr. Fn/Mr. Parks
Shelley & Jericho and their battle and it will be the fans that will decide who won. Though it was Fn’s shocking confession that it was indeed him who attacked Shelley before Bad Blood and again at Unforgiven along with Jericho that left the people in awe.

Mr. Anderson vs. Mick Foley
Anderson came back to Breakdown and went right for Foley’s pride as he accused the General Manager of losing his will to fight. Will Anderson be proven right or will Foley and his three friends show him what brought him to the dance?

Ted DiBiase vs. Michael McGillicutty
These two men brought their drama over to Breakdown where they brawled all backstage area after trading some heated words and vicious threats. Only one of these men will walk out with the World Champ at Digital Decision. Which one will it be?

Kurt Angle vs. Matt Morgan
Angle’s been trying to talking his way out of a match against Matt Morgan, going as far as to run through the crowd. How much longer will this go on for before Matt Morgan decides to go on the offensive?

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemp1
Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker
Taker made a surprise visit interrupting Orton’s promo and narrowly avoiding being punted in the skull. Will he be able to do the same at the PPV?

Christian vs. Davey Richards
Despite getting hurt at the hands of his challenger, Christian still firmly believes that his reign is not at stake. Will he be able to prove his victory was not a fluke?

John Cena vs. Sheamus
It turned out to be Sheamus who attacked Cena after all and after barely escaping from an AA, Sheamus will have to stand his ground at fight at Digital Decision.

Chavo Guerrero vs. Kid Kash
A moment of blind rage put Chavo at risk for losing his job. Has Kash won this battle without even stepping into the ring?

The Corporation vs. CM Punk
Punk may have found an ally in Triple H, but will he turn him down like he did to Cena?

Cody Rhodes vs. Zack Ryder
Rhodes got the best of Ryder and their match at Digital Decision is going to be a brutal one.

[S5]Diva’s Corner
Quick peak at what the Divas have been up to.
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? A2Tjg
*Natalya gave XWL a tour of the home no one but her is worthy of living in. She made it clear that last week’s match against Beth Phoenix was meant to send a message and it was a message that she sent again after beating Maxine. Can Natalya make good on her promise to become diva’s champ?

*Michelle McCool addressed the Breakdown crowd and let it be known that she’s 100% confident that she will beat Kaitlyn and not be forced to apologize for nearly crippling Kelly Kelly. Will she stay true to her word or will Kaitlyn for her to eat them?

*After wrestling to a stalemate with Mickie James at a house show, Trish was able to put away Kelly Kelly on Breakdown in a competitive match up.

*A match between Layla and Eve was announced at Digital Decision and does Layla have the upper hand after pinning Eve in a tag match?

*An ankle injury is keeping Lita on the sidelines, but it’ll take more than that to keep the Xtreme Diva away from the ring for too long.

*Maryse may have fallen under the same curse that Madison Rayne did after winning the Money in the Bank briefcase because she has been oddly quiet these past few weeks.

[S6] Newsletter Reviews
One of our editors takes a look at the segments of both brands.
Redemption
Randy Orton
Orton’s as angry as ever and makes for a great read and I loved how everything that happens gets him mad from thinking about his match with Undertaker, to Chavo surviving his punt, to what happened during his match the week prior. The vibe I’ve been getting from Orton is that he can just blow at any moment, which has been the case at times, and I like how unstable he is and how people really can’t feel safe around him. Taker avoiding the punt in the way that he did was a great cliffhanger for what will come during their match at Digital Decision.

Batista
Nice way to put those caps to use with him having show up at the radio station to deliver the simple message to Zeke that he will destroy him. You missed capitalizing a few I’s in the beginning but it was a nice little read aside from that.

Crimson
I still don’t like Crimson, but I’ll admit this was a solid backstage interview and it was funny how he was all smiles in the pics but super serious when he spoke… funny to me at least. Everything here was good with Crimson letting XWL know that he’s the best on the roster and that he’ll begin proving it in no time. You gotta love how he’d declaring himself to be the best despite doing nothing of note and not even having a match. I hope he can back up what he says.

Crimson & Friends
Just a promo between four guys with nothing better to do than trash talk and it as a good read for the most part. The Crimson parts were good with him reminding everyone that he believes himself to be the best of the four and that he wouldn’t have much of a problem beating any of them. It was funny how Big Show was being called fat and the way he got so upset about it. Big Show parts were good too, though the short sentences made it not flow as well as it could have. Zeke’s parts could have done without the typos and misspelling of probably in the beginning but other than that it was fine and it’s nice to see him holding on strong to the conspiracy business. Hawkins’ part was great because it added a little something extra with the attitude and plethora of nicknames that he brings to the table. All in all it was a great read, and it’s nice to see the little people put something like this together.

Christian
I like how Christian has given himself an excuse with the injured elbow, but at the same time is still pretty confident that he’ll walk out of the pay per view as the Intercontinental Champion. Nice promo here that got over the fact that Christian isn’t too concerned about Davey pretty well. Hope you get together for a joint ppv sometime soon.

John Cena
Basically the point of this promo was to let it be known that Cena is going to reveal something big… later on which is a nice, but cheap plain mischief: way to build a little suspense. Hope it’s something good.

Dolph Ziggler
Dolph’s little promo in the beginning was a nice quick read and showed once again that you have a handle on his character. But damn, homeboy really wrestled a broom? I don’t even…

Cody Rhodes
Fun read here with Cody guaranteeing wins everywhere. He knows he’ll beat Chavo and then Zack and he promises that he has just the right stipulation for their match at Digital Decision. Cody did sound a bit insane with the way he rambled on about basically wanting to beat Ryder to the brink of death and cripple him which showed that sick side of Cody that gets away from him every now and then. Also, I forgot about the action figure thing. I should probably bring that back now. plain mischief:

Davey Richards
Richards means business here and he makes it clear from the get go that he wouldn’t have minded if Christian’s injury was a little more severe which shows the kind of path this feud has taken and how personal it seems to be becoming. Davey wants to get the built off Christian because of the way Christian has shown no respect to the legacy of the belt and I like how Davey feels that he’ll have the advantage no matter which match is picked. The bit at the end about the independent scene was a nice touch and showed that Davey will never forget where he came from.

Layla/Eve
This was a fun read with Layla making fun of everyone and then sucking up to Brie and then Eve calling her out for sucking up to Brie and then Layla saying Eve doesn’t deserve a shot and then Eve saying Layla cheated and then Teddy bitches plz here are the matches and then Layla not shutting up while he was trying to announce the damn matches and then the matches being announced and then the commercial break.

John Cena/Sheamus
Let’s sit down and be cereal for a sec, we all kinda knew that it would be Sheamus that attacked Cena (unless there’s some super swerve on the way) but I like it anyways cause now we can all feel happy as we watch Cena try to get his payback at the pay per view. Once again a nice thing thrown together but the little folk. hug

Corporation & Co.
Felt like it ended before it began and I need more. Triple H joining in made this even more epic tho.

Lita
You let us know that Lita was hurt and we thank you for sharing this with us. Lita’s here in XWL looking for a fresh start but it look like she…. got off on the wrong foot.

Joey Ryan
The sleaze is back! <3 great promo here and I dunno it was supposed to be funny, but I thought Joey getting in trouble for kicking the woman was lulzy. But then he got down to business talking about how this hasn’t been easy for him, but with a win tonight he’s looking to get back where he once was.

Breakdown
Natalya
This was a good promo in concept, but the way it was executed is what could have been better. The idea of Natalya showing the other divas how much better she is was good, and show’s how full of it and materialistic she is, but the way that is was written took away from the experience. Almost every promo you’ve written there has been a comment on your grammar and it’s a little disheartening to see that it hasn’t really gotten that much better. I don’t think you used the right ‘you’re’ once as seen here:
Quote :
it makes you feel like your worthless

Quote :
you only do drugs if your a bad person

Quote :
when you mess with me your just asking

And there are times when you’d have a question but not have a question mark at the end, and a few run-on sentences. Those were pretty much the three reoccurring issues in an otherwise good promo. If you ever need help or want me to check something just PM me. <3

Daniel Bryan
It wasn’t your strongest promo as Bryan but that paragraph on Kassius Ohno definitely kept it afloat and as usual the interactions with Mick as seen in the beginning was a fun read. There’s really not that much to say other than it was a pretty safe promo and that I’m hoping to see another DBry/HBK promo cause that brought some good stuff out of you.

Antonio Cesaro
This was another solid promo out of you and I’m happy to see that you’re keeping things consistent, and it’s also nice to see that Aksana’s role has been upgraded. Hoping you get a feud soon so that you can mix things up with the way that you do your promos and take the anti-American thing to the next level.

Battle of the Bands
Damn guys, surely someone out there listened. </3

Mr. Anderson
This was a damn fine promo to read and I really do like how Anderson took it upon himself to call out Foley and what was even better was the different views the two men have on how to succeed in the business and also what they consider to be success in the first place. Anderson being the guy who says whatever’s on his mind is going to make this interesting because he’s going to be toeing the line between the guy people like and hate and it’s only going to get worse depending on where this thing with Foley goes. Not much to comment on the promo itself as you didn’t do the random capitalization thing that you usually do which was a plus.

Ted DiBiase/Michael McGillicutty
It’s not the same when it’s not Legal </3. HBK coming out of nowhere with the superkick at the end was pretty funny tho. Although the speaking parts were great, my favorite part had to be the brawl and the twist that you put on it by having the two be heard and not seen.

Michelle McCool
When you do them your Michelle promos are fun to read because in this one and in most you’re able to capture Michelle’s personality nicely and her bitchy attitude makes it easy to hate her. That and her cockiness with the way she listed the matches and felt that all of them would give her the advantage. Looking forward to seeing how this match plays out. Only thing about this promo is that you used ‘y’all’ a lot in it, and I’m not too familiar with Michelle’s promos so I dunno if that’s how she really talks. Also you do misuse it when you refer to one person like here:
Quote :
Y’all can sit there and make all threats you want Hun

It doesn’t work when you’re only talking about one person, should probably be a ‘you’ there in its place. Other than that this was a nice promo to read.

Kurt Angle vs. Matt Morgan
This promo just like the last was a fun promo to read and I like how roles have kind of been switched with Kurt Angle being the one to be against wrestling someone when he was pushing for a match against Shelley. The back and forth between these two guys was enjoyable to read especially the Wikipedia remark and the way Morgan kept putting down Kurt and questioning his logic when it came to Kurt accusing Morgan of attacking him. Also liked the teaser of a fight we got at the end with Morgan almost choke slamming Kurt.

Kane
It was a nice short and sweet promo for what it was which seemed to be Kane letting people know that nothing has changed and he still is the monster that he always is. Some minor stuff is that there were some small spelling and grammar mistakes
Quote :
It's obviouse that you are just as neive

Quote :
the suffered a lose to the

and Kane really didn’t come off as too ‘monster-y’ so you could maybe kick up the notch on the evilness a bit down the line.

Daniel Bryan/Shawn Michaels
I guess I got my wish with a joint promo after all though I couldn’t help but feel that HBK dominated and I wish Bryan got more in word wise. HBK’s parts were great as expected and him attacking Bryan’s veganism was a slick tactic to try and get him off his game, and his point downs the Australians and them not having internet was funny. Bryan’s counter with the pic of HBK kissing ass and his futher attack on HBK and legends like him not wanting to step out of the spotlight made this an even more entertaining exchange. HBK’s part at the end did have a few minor errors.
Quote :
you could say it's a right of passage to becoming relevant in this wrestling, trust me kid everybodies done it, the only different betweeen

It was a great read other wise and I’m looking forward to what you guys have whipped up for the PPV ‘cause the match choices were great.

Mr. Parks
Great that the sumbitch has finally admitted to what he did. plain mischief: Seriously though, your stuff as Parks area really a great read. Wish there was more time to get a couple ofr of these out of you. hug

Raven
Loved reading this promo from top to bottom and the quotes from Poe and Napoleon really made this amazing. The comments you made towards Parks/Fn was the real highlight and the way you showed disgust at the man he’s become and tried to remind him of the man he was great to read.

Hunico
The promo had some rough spots, but I do like how you took a chance with implementing Spanish and giving Hunico a certain dialect. There was promise in this promo but quite a lot has to be cleaned up.
Quote :
me llama es Hunico tu?

You kinda broke the first rule of Spanish by having ‘es’ there and that should read (though my Spanish may be a bit rusty) Me llamo Hunico. ¿Y tú? Google translate can probably help with this. And as for your English parts, Hunico asked a lot of questions here, but there weren’t much question marks to go along with them.
Quote :
You tryn to call me out son you honestly think that I don't have what it take's to beat some homie down like Zack Ryder you bugging right now.

That’s an example of a sentence that should be broken up with punctuation. Aside from that the promo wasn’t bad and you can easily get better if you keep at it.

JBL
I’ll just say that it’s great that you decided to do something like this and I hope that you go all the way with it and give us a show at Digital Decision.

[S7] Spots of the Week

Redemption
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Rockchrist
The most electrifying move in sports entertainment in action.

Breakdown
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Tedhbkspot
The kick that sealed Ted’s fate.

Divas
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Divaspot
Eve and Mickie show some cohesiveness as a tag team.

[S8] Quotes of the Week
“I do not care if I hurt you tonight. I don't even care if I Kill you. Either way I get paid.”
-Antonio Cesaro

“But I had him exactly where I wanted him, on the mat, with me stalking him...waiting...like a hunter I was ready to pounce and put the match to rest with a devastating R...K....No.”
-Randy Orton

“And Despite everything you've achieved.. I look at you now and I see nothing. I don't see a fighter, I just see a beaten and broken old man.”
-Mr. Anderson

“Let's talk about The Gatecrasher, The Partystarter, Mr. Clutch, The Go To Guy, The Shark Swimming With The Fishes, Curt Hawkins!”
-Curt Hawkins

“CM Punk.”
-Ted DiBiase Jr.

“You need to be more like me, Davey, because sucking up to the fans gets you somewhere but eventually they will drop you and move onto the next hot topic.”
-Christian

“Kaitlyn, Hun, you better start preparing yourself because at Digital Decision you’re gonna be in for the fight of your life and that’s.. REAL TALK!”
-Michelle McCool

“Because I'm so damn sick, of being so. damn. sick.”
-Dolph Ziggler

“…when I scrolled down to the Championships and Accomplshments section it didn't say that you were a multi-time World Champion, it didn't say that you were an NCAA Champion or inducted to several amatuer wrestling hall of fames…”
-Kurt Angle

“I'm the Dashingly Insane one. I'm Cody Rhodes. I am the savior of this company. I saved Breakdown. I saved Redemption. I'm going to save the World Title from Ted DiBiase, and I'm going to save myself tonight when I beat Chavo Guerrero.”
-Cody Rhodes

[S9]Newsletter Exclusive
Exclusive XWL content that you just can't get anywhere else.
Sorry folks, we couldn’t get any hook-ups this week, but I’m sure they’re working on something special to make up for it next time around.

[S10]Rumor Mill/Inside Scoop
The top stories floating about the water cooler.
Sudden Departures
Maxine may be on her way out after feeling frustrated that her plans to show what a real women is all about haven’t gone as she planned.

AJ Styles has reportedly gone MIA and XWL management is reportedly worried that he may be planning on jumping ship.

Superstar Spotting?
We have a received a tip that Kevin Steen was possibly seen at an opera house last week, though we aren’t 100% sure it was him.

Maryse was reportedly spotted on a cruise ship working on her tan which would explain her absence from the company.

Wade Barrett was seen by an unnamed source backstage at an XWL event working on the details on his new contract though we are not sure if things have been finalized yet.

Get Out of Jail Free Card
Triple H may have been part of an elaborate jail break scheme though The Game couldn’t be reached for comment when we tried to ask about it.

As we try to uncover the mystery of Dolph Ziggler’s jail time we received a piece of info that stated that Ziggler getting out of jail early may be linked to him wrestling a broom on Redemption.

Unhappy Campers
Big Show, upset with all the comments about his weight, was supposedly seen at a grocey picking up ingredients to make a nice salad for dinner.

Frauds
After examining Shawn Michaels’ picture we are led to believe that it may be the real deal though we have sent the picture to our photoshop experts to confirm or deny it.

Alex Riley, the supposed nice guy was reported seeing yelling at his girlfriend over the weekend. Neither party could be reached for comment.

[S11]Interview: John Cena
Well folks, it seems like me getting a vacation was a cruel joke. But have no fear for John Cena is here to give me the interview I was waiting for.
Interviewer: So John, is being back on Redemption everything you hoped it would be?

John Cena Yeah, it's great to see the same old faces that I'm used to seeing. But my time on Breakdown was a nice change in things as well. Both brands really have their fair share of talent.

Interviewer: Did you expect to be welcomed back the way that you did with the attack and all?

John Cena Of course not, but you know, this is the XWL and as with any wrestling company, once you've been around awhile you have to realize that anything can happen at any time. You've gotta be on your toes every moment because as proven in the past, the next corner you turn may be your last.

Interviewer: You don't seem too upset about the attack, could it be because Sheamus is occupying your time now?

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Normal_vlcsnap-00001

John Cena Well, I may not seem upset now, but at Digital Decision.. the CeNation may just see how upset I'm able to get at Sheamus. And just because anything can happen, doesn't mean whatever happens is always a good thing.

Interviewer: Are you saying that Sheamus should expect the worst? What exactly do you plan on doing to him?

John Cena I wouldn't say the worst.. because I've been a lot more unpleased with people in the past.. but Sheamus would expect a fight because that's exactly what he'll be getting. I can't tell you what I'm planning because when this goes on the newsletter, well, of course Sheamus will read it to try and get any advantage he can because that's who he is. But trust me, if it were up to me, I'd give you the inside scoop.

Interviewer: Was CM Punk one of those people you've been displeased with when he refused your offer of help?

John Cena I don't have any hard feelings towards CM Punk anymore. When he GTS'd me I realized all he was doing was trying to set himself free from the clutches of Vince McMahon. So in other words, while I disagree with the method, I agree with the motive. It's not every day that you get into a situation like that and sometimes people just don't know how to handle it.

Interviewer: Are you glad that you don't have to deal with The Corporation right now?

John Cena The Corporation? I want to keep as far away from them as possible. Vince McMahon has quite the reputation for ending things, he's ended more careers than bad movies and he even was the reason his own company, the W W E, closed. And meanwhile he has two men doing his dirty work, I almost feel bad for them right now because sooner or later Vince McMahon's bad decision making will come back to get them just like it did W W E. And CM Punk is right in the middle of all of this, the Corporation is good for no one.

Interviewer: So you're afraid of them then?

John Cena I wouldn't say I'm afraid, I'd just prefer our paths didn't cross. I've got enough going on with Sheamus and those 3 guys would just add onto that. And 3 on 1 is never a good odd to bet on no matter who you are.

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Normal_vlcsnap-00030

Interviewer: Have you ever had any 3 on 1 action? If ya know what I mean.

John Cena Have you?

Interviewer: I'll have to plead the fifth on that one, but speaking of action are you looking to get title action any time soon?

John Cena I am. As soon as I can get this monkey off my back that is Sheamus, I'm looking to go for the Intercontinental title to show the CeNation just what it means to hold a title with Hustle.. Loyalty.. and Respect.

Interviewer: Will you have better success than when you went after the US title?

John Cena I hope so. There's a lot of competition here so you can never be sure, but I think I have the right feel for things this time.

Interviewer: Does your loss to HBK still leave a bitter taste in your mouth?

John Cena Any loss does. But after a while in this business you learn you have to shake it off and pursue your next goal. You have to make the correct adjustments and the next time just try that much harder and show everyone how much you want it.

Interviewer: Earlier you said one of your many catch phrases. What is is the meaning behind hustle, loyalty and respect?

John Cena Well, I thought of that one day because I've always liked to promote good values. And when I thought, what better than hustle, loyalty, and respect? If you want something, you have to give it your all, you have to hustle. You need to be loyal to people, and believe that it will all pay off in the end, the way I am to the fans even when they don't always like me. And you need to respect everyone, because no matter what, we're all just humans here and we all love to wrestle.

Interviewer: Can you imagine yourself doing anything other than wrestle? We've all seen you dabble in a little acting here and there.

John Cena As I've said before, I've acted.. but that doesn't make me an acter. I've rapped in the past, but I'm no rapper either. I am, in every definition of the word, a wrestler. It's all I've ever wanted to do and it's all I will do.

Interviewer: Will we see another Rap album anytime soon? Can you spit a couple bars for us here at the newsletter?

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Normal_vlcsnap-00042

John Cena I can't tell you what lies ahead in the future for me. I may make another album, you'll just have to wait and see. And if you want me to rap.. well, what do you want me to rap about?

Interviewer: Sheamus... maybe?

John Cena Alright.. Sheamus, your face is so pale.. I'd love to see you in the ring but I'll be whippin' your tail. At Digital Decision I'll make you wish you never messed with me, I'll sting you like a bee, kick you with my knee, I'll make you more forgotten than Bill, Lee. You think you're something, but I'm the real thing. You can't even see me Sheamus, how do you expect to beat me. The only reason you hired a masked man was because you busy in your Dad's van. It doesn't matter if you started this trouble or not, because I will get my way, you've messed with me and now you will PAY.

Interviewer: Can Sheamus top that?

John Cena I don't think Sheamus knows how to rap. I hear they don't like rap in Ireland, maybe that explains why Sheamus has a problem with me.

Interviewer: You think that's the reason he's come after you?

John Cena I think he had a lot of reasons, and with the excuses he's given me on how he didn't do it, I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the reasons he did it.

Interviewer: What are your plans for when you're done with Sheamus. You mentioned the Intercontinental Championship but is there perhaps another superstar you wouldn't mind scrapping with?

John Cena There's no one on my mind, but I'm sure I'm on the minds of other superstars. There's quite a few people I'd love to face off in a match sometime though, Ted DiBiase, Davey Richards, The Undertaker, all of their in-ring styles seem like they'd be fun to square off with.

Interviewer: Anyone that you wouldn't want to meet in the ring any time soon?

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Normal_vlcsnap-00029

John Cena I'm open to anyone who wants to go in the ring. I couldn't really tell you anyone I would back down on a challenge from.

Interviewer: So how do you spend your time off? Or is it all about the wrestling for you?

John Cena Well, I work out, when I can manage to I spend some time at home, but that's rare when you work for a company like XWL. I also like spending time with my fans, autograph signings, charity events, I do a lot of those.

Interviewer: Do you ever wish you can run away and leave this all behind?

John Cena Of course I don't, the workloads are sometimes heavy, but it's all worth it, between making my family proud of me, and the interacting with the fans I have worldwide, that's when I know it's worth it.

Interviewer: You mean the same fans who can't decide whether or not they like or hate you? Doesn't that bother you?

John Cena It bothers me to a point, but just because they hate me doesn't mean I'll change who I am or what I like doing. And honestly, Mr. Interviewer Man, I used to be a little bothered by it. But then I realized there's nothing I can do to change it, let me remind you of a time when I tried changing things up a bit, if I remember it was 2005 and I tried some nice moves in a match against RVD, and
those same fans who hated me still hated me even after I did that. And ever since then, I've just learned to Rise Above Hate.

Interviewer: And I learned a lot about you in this interview Cena. Thanks for your time.

John Cena Thank you too.

[S12]Power 15
1) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Breakdownshawnmichaels (61.5)
A win over the World Champ gives HBK the boost he needs to remain in the #1 spot for another week.

2) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Breakdowndaniel (53.5)
DBryan beat a former world champ himself, but he no doubt has eyes on the US title as he prepares to head into battle at the PPV.

3) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionrandyorton (51.5)
A DQ win didn’t do Orton any favors, but he’s always in position to have huge week.

4) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionteddibiase (47.5)
The World Champ let HBK get the best of him which isn’t good heading into his big title defense at the PPV.

5) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionbrocklesnar (45)
Lesnar keeps inching his way up the rankings, but the lack of in ring action keep him from doing any damage.

6) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Xwlredemptionmichaelmcg (42)
McGillicutty got the win against Kofi which was a nice way to bounce back from his loss against Davey Richards.

7) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptioncody (32)
Rhodes pinned Chavo and screwed over his rival in what was a rather eventful week for the Dashingly Insane one.

8 ) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? DQfwy (30.5)
Angle beat Ohno this week after an entertaining verbal spar with Matt Morgan.

9) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionmaryse (30)
What has Ted DiBiase done to his girlfriend?

10) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionchristian (27)
The IC champ is in a bit of a slump, but still manages to remain in the top 10.

-) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Breakdownkane (27)
Kane put down the streaking Drew McIntyre to show why he is still a force to be reckoned with.

12) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? HtRnA (26.5)
Cesaro picks up a second straight win and seems to be picking up steam after a slow start.

13) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionchavoguerrero (25)
Kid Kash cost Chavo his match in what wasn’t the best week for the Mexican Warrior.

14) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionjohncena (24.5)
Cena picked up yet another win and Sheamus has to be on his mind after nearly delivering a big AA.

15) XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionezekiel (23.5)
Big Zeke fell to Batista, but a match against Crimson is what he really wants.

[S13]The Stars Speak Out
This week we asked if the stars if they’re looking forward to Digital Decision, let’s see what they had to say.
Avid XWL Fan
[[Alpha:]]
Am I looking forward to Digital Decision? To steal a line from Daniel Bryan...YES! YES! YES! The matches, as well as the match choice options are all freaking awesome. I'm really looking forward to both DiBiase vs McGillicutty (and moreso to Legal coming back...and also winning.) and Taker vs Orton (So Zander can get that feud out of the way). Hopefully this is a great show with a huge effort by all those involved. (Oh yeah, a quick shoutout to Austin, my Minecraft server is better than your's. plain mischief:) So yeah, I'm Curt Hawkins, and uh...vote for me...or...uhh...idk, something bad will happen. kthxbye.

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionjohncena
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Normal_vlcsnap-00022

[John Cena] Am I looking forward to Digital Decision? Of course I am. At Digital Decision I'll be taking on the Celtic Warrior himself in some type of crazy match, but he'll get his when I finally get him in the ring face to face. It'll be time I get back at Sheamus for when he attacked me two weeks ago, whether he wants to admit it or not. Come Digital Decision everything Sheamus has said will mean nothing, in fact, the only thing that will mean anything once the night is through is what happens between the two of us in the ring.

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Breakdownbigshow
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Normal_youtube_ultimate_honors_big_show_looks_back_at_edge_39_s_career_avi0026

[Big Show] You bet that I'm looking forward to Digital Decision because it's at Digital Decision that I'll be voted in to face Crimson and make him one of the first few victims to fall victim to the Giant. It's there that I'll show to all of you "people" that I'm the only wrestler worth anything in this business, because bigger, really is better. Digital Decision will change everything for my career and for all of those around me's career. I advise ANYONE who wants to keep their career to stay away from me after Digital Decision.

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Breakdownkaitlyn2
[[Kaitlyn]]
Am I looking forward to Digital Decision? Well, yeah, I am. Though, not knowing what match type I'll be facing McCool under is a bit of a bummer but just facing her is good enough for me. No count outs, sounds good to me. Submissions only, sounds good to me. And a strap match, that sounds good to me too. I've beat her once, I've got the upper hand over her multiple times and I'm ready to do so again. She can say whatever she wants to make herself think she's going to win but I have a feeling that I'll win again and make Michelle apologize in the ring, in front of all the fans, at the next episode of Breakdown. Plus ya know, we have other great matches like Ted DiBiase versus Michael McGillicutty, Layla versus Eve, and many more. Should be a great show and I'm looking forward to the outcome of some of these matches.

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionicchristian
[[Christian]]
I'm facing Davey Richards, right? Yeah, then no. I'm not looking forward to Digital Decision one bit because Davey Richards is going out there, looking to hurt me. Why does Davey even have a job still? He's uncaring, reckless, and flat out disrespectful. I did something good to this title and he thinks he can just come back, take the title and revert it back to that old piece of crap Intercontinental Championship? Check again Davey, I'm not going to just let you win. You want to hurt me, I'll hurt you. Now get the stupid camera out of my face before I give Davey a preview of Digital Decision.

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Breakdownkurt
As the XWL.com picture fades from the screen we see Kurt Angle running down a backstage hallway with a towel around his neck and sweat dripping down his face from the match he just competed in.

{Cameraman}
Kurt! Kurt!

Kurt looks behind his shoulder before slowing down and stopping in front of the camera.

{{Kurt Angle}}
What do you want. Was he here? Was he looking for me?

{Cameraman}
What? I just wanted to know if you were looking forward to Digital Decision?

{{Kurt Angle}}
Look I don't have time for this.

{Cameraman}
But this is for the XWL Newsletter Kurt.

{{Kurt Angle}}
And? You think I care about the XWL Newsletter right now? Have you seen Matt Morgan?

Angle looks over his shoulder

{{Kurt Angle}}
Get out of my way.

Kurt shoves his way past the cameraman and opens a door which turns out to be his locker room. He goes inside for a few seconds before stumbing back out with a duffel bag full of his clothes. He glances at the cameraman for a moment

{{Kurt Angle}}
Don't tell him I was here!

{Cameraman}
Matt Morgan? Why not? Are you scared Kurt?

{{Kurt Angle}}
You think I'm scared of him? Me, an Olympic Gold Medalist, scared of a seven foot giant who lacks Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence? Yeah right! I just don't feel like dealing with him right now, he's like a pesky fly that you can't shoo away. Speaking of which, get out of my way!

Angle shoves his way past the cameraman.

Next week’s question:
The mid way point for 2012 has been passed, has it been a good year for you?

[S14]Digital Decision Update
Digital Decision is right around the corner! Check here as matches are added so you can keep tabs on what you have and haven’t voted for yet.
Digital Decision: 7/1/12-7/8/12
Match 1
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? RedemptionundertakerXWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionrandyorton
A)Casket Match
B)Ambulance Match

Match 2
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? YWQbWXWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? GxXRB
A)TLC
B)Street Fight
C)Hell in a Cell

Match 3
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? BC0gfXWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Lt0lu
A)No Countout Match
B)Submissions Only Match
C)Strap Match

Match 4
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? RedemptionchavoguerreroXWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? B7OQH
A)Barbed Wire Steel Cage
B)Falls Count Anywhere
C)Lumberjack Match

Match 5
Intercontinental Championship Match
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionicchristian XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptiondavey
A)Chairs Match
B)Fight Without Honor Match
C)Lumberjack

Match 6
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Breakdownalexshelley vs. XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionchrisjericho vs. XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Xwlredemptionmrfn or XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Breakdownmrparks
Which band was better? Votes determine who picks the match type.
A) The High Crusade (Alex Shelley picks)
B) Fozzy (Chris Jericho picks)
C) They both were bad (Mr. Fn or Mr. Parks picks)

Match 7
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Effcu
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? 2JbvxXWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? CusgRXWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? IyWj5
A)Dude Love
B) Cactus Jack
C) Mankind

Match 8
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? BreakdowndanielXWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Breakdownshawnmichaels
(HBK's choice) A. Ladder match
(Bryan's choice) B. Submission match
(Foley's choice) C. Falls Count Anywhere

Match 9
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Breakdownjbl vs. Midget
A)Steel Cage
B)NO DQ
C)Parking Lot Brawl

Match 10
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptioncrimson
A) Big Show
B) Ezekiel Jackson
C) Curt Hawkins

Match 11
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Cq3zLXWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Ww8qy
A) Extreme Makeover Match
B) Title on a pole match
C) Last chance match

Match 12
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? RedemptionjohncenaXWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionsheamus
A) Tables Match
B) Ladders Match
C) Irish Street Fight

Match 13
XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? RedemptioncodyXWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Redemptionxtremezack
A) Last Man Standing Match
B) Stretcher Match
C) Texas Bull Rope Match

[S15] Wrap Up
Guys…I did it.

Last edited by TheKrzyOne on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz?   XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:38 am

Another great newsletter, I'll read the main article later, the interview with John Cena was a good, funny read and what the hell is this weeks question about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz?   XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Bah gawd Krzy killed Legal!
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz?   XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:46 pm

I edited the question to something that made sense, and I do need people to interview. So let me know if you're up for it.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz?   XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:47 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
I edited the question to something that made sense, and I do need people to interview. So let me know if you're up for it.

I offered Orton on msn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz?   XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Newsletter 6/25: Remember The Miz?
Page 1 of 1