Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.

Go down 
+9
Zander
Jonguin
Man of pain
Austin
Ash
P.R Son
Bang
Kyle
TheFilthParade
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay so as some of you saw, I mentioned this in chat and a few people seemed for it, including Kyle and now David.

Basically, It'd be a rankings system based solely on points awarded for matches/promos.. taking out the whole opinion side of any rankings we've had and any time we've chosen title contenders. I know a lot of people have opinions about some title contenders being biased etc this would be in place to avoid any of that.

Points would be awarded for doing a match, winning a normal/tag/specialty match. Extra points would be awarded in feud matches also.

Points will be awarded for promos,but they won't be scored, each promo will receive the same amount of points, so an opinion won't play a factor in this. Joint Promos will score higher than solo promos.

The points will be decided if this comes into effect, but first we want to get everyones opinions on it, since it will effect everyone.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Stay✔ wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
Stay✔ wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
Gazza wrote:
RCP wrote:
Come on StayFresh, you missed the convo on this days ago Neutral

And plz tell us the story of the biased comments. Us lower class members don't even know what you're referring to us flag

Just generally people thinking (Understandably imo) That people we chose for title shots etc is biased.
Yeah but then I was like idc I've waited three years haters can suck it.
F them haters, Chavo deserved that title shot.
Nah they have a point, I lost a whole bunch of matches, the court thing was way out there, if I wasn't me I wouldn't have gotten this chance.
I feel you bro, they can't bring you down no longer, keep being you. Chvo has been waiting for so long and he finally gets his chance. us flag
Well that's just pure bias. This is why the system was put in.
Back to top Go down
Stay✔
Mid Card
Stay✔

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:27 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Stay✔ wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
Stay✔ wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
Gazza wrote:
RCP wrote:
Come on StayFresh, you missed the convo on this days ago Neutral

And plz tell us the story of the biased comments. Us lower class members don't even know what you're referring to us flag

Just generally people thinking (Understandably imo) That people we chose for title shots etc is biased.
Yeah but then I was like idc I've waited three years haters can suck it.
F them haters, Chavo deserved that title shot.
Nah they have a point, I lost a whole bunch of matches, the court thing was way out there, if I wasn't me I wouldn't have gotten this chance.
I feel you bro, they can't bring you down no longer, keep being you. Chvo has been waiting for so long and he finally gets his chance. us flag
Well that's just pure bias. This is why the system was put in.
F this system tho, if it wasn't for bias, some people wouldn't have been champions. Think about all the good bias could bring to XWL
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 am

I don't understand the issue with opinion based though, everyone is going to have an opinion on a promo or a match write up. Again, I see no need for a ranking system. Just reward the people who are working the hardest at the time instead of the people who you are friends with or kiss your ass. For example, if the Mankind promos carry on at the level they are I would suggest Bang for a title shot but I would also suggest RCP for his work as Sandow, because he has been great as him and I don't talk to him that much so it's not a "Biased" opinion. He's worked hard for it so he deserves the chance for it. Simple as that.

If people get their knickers in a twist because they can't deal with somebody elses opinion then that is their problem. With stock points and such there is no need for any real effort and no real need for improvement.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:09 am

Shuggz wrote:
I don't understand the issue with opinion based though, everyone is going to have an opinion on a promo or a match write up. Again, I see no need for a ranking system. Just reward the people who are working the hardest at the time instead of the people who you are friends with or kiss your ass. For example, if the Mankind promos carry on at the level they are I would suggest Bang for a title shot but I would also suggest RCP for his work as Sandow, because he has been great as him and I don't talk to him that much so it's not a "Biased" opinion. He's worked hard for it so he deserves the chance for it. Simple as that.

If people get their knickers in a twist because they can't deal with somebody elses opinion then that is their problem. With stock points and such there is no need for any real effort and no real need for improvement.

This actually makes more sense than anything else said in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Shuggz wrote:

That does make sense, but when people take month or longer breaks or pick up a new character and instantly get a title shot that would strongly suggest a bias to some members over others. Same as when one member with one character has a title shot four PPV's in a row.
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Bangkind wrote:
Shuggz wrote:

That does make sense, but when people take month or longer breaks or pick up a new character and instantly get a title shot that would strongly suggest a bias to some members over others. Same as when one member with one character has a title shot four PPV's in a row.

Some times breaks can't be helped, some are necessary. When a person returns with their character they shouldn't be granted an instant title shot UNLESS it is for a feud. For example say Lesnar injures Orton, month later Orton comes back and challenges for the title. That would happen in real life, however just turning up out of the blue and getting one is a real no-no. For switches, I would say to not allow a person to challenge for a title until their character is established. Meaning they wouldn't be able to pick up, say HBK and instantly get a title shot. They would need to put the work in with their matches, their promos and if they do well be granted a title shot. Opinion based isn't to blame, it's biased decisionsor people arguing their point until people can't be bothered and just agree to get some peace.

Instead of just making non-biased desicions, you are all taking the awkward route.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Shuggz wrote:
Bangkind wrote:
Shuggz wrote:

Some times breaks can't be helped, some are necessary. When a person returns with their character they shouldn't be granted an instant title shot UNLESS it is for a feud. For example say Lesnar injures Orton, month later Orton comes back and challenges for the title. That would happen in real life, however just turning up out of the blue and getting one is a real no-no. For switches, I would say to not allow a person to challenge for a title until their character is established. Meaning they wouldn't be able to pick up, say HBK and instantly get a title shot. They would need to put the work in with their matches, their promos and if they do well be granted a title shot. Opinion based isn't to blame, it's biased decisionsor people arguing their point until people can't be bothered and just agree to get some peace.

Instead of just making non-biased desicions, you are all taking the awkward route.

I get the message already.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:54 pm

After points made above by people followed by an Admin Discussion...

the trial run is over before it begins, and we'll go back to the regular way of deciding.

:hump:
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Shuggz wins.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Shuggz wrote:
Shuggz wins.

coffee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4