Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.

Go down 
+9
Zander
Jonguin
Man of pain
Austin
Ash
P.R Son
Bang
Kyle
TheFilthParade
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Empty
PostSubject: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Okay so as some of you saw, I mentioned this in chat and a few people seemed for it, including Kyle and now David.

Basically, It'd be a rankings system based solely on points awarded for matches/promos.. taking out the whole opinion side of any rankings we've had and any time we've chosen title contenders. I know a lot of people have opinions about some title contenders being biased etc this would be in place to avoid any of that.

Points would be awarded for doing a match, winning a normal/tag/specialty match. Extra points would be awarded in feud matches also.

Points will be awarded for promos,but they won't be scored, each promo will receive the same amount of points, so an opinion won't play a factor in this. Joint Promos will score higher than solo promos.

The points will be decided if this comes into effect, but first we want to get everyones opinions on it, since it will effect everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Not rly a fan but oh well
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:53 pm

RCP wrote:
Think of this like Krzy's point system for promos. I thought you liked that didn't you? The way we'd be doing it wouldn't be to say so and so is better than anyone else lol.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:54 pm

I like it. Don't think anyone can deny there's been some favoritism as of late as to who gets title shots and how many, this gets rid of that.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Bangkind wrote:
I like it. Don't think anyone can deny there's been some favoritism as of late as to who gets title shots and how many, this gets rid of that.

Strictly opinion, we always consider all options and what would be best and fair. But like Gaz said I'm all for this idea, it'll be exactly the same for everybody and no one will get discouraged if they weren't on the level of some just yet, it'll only motivate them to get better because they are being recognized.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:58 pm

Fn wrote:
RCP wrote:
Think of this like Krzy's point system for promos. I thought you liked that didn't you? The way we'd be doing it wouldn't be to say so and so is better than anyone else lol.
But it isn't like his system.

And his system was just to show who is where kinda thing, wasn't used to tell title shots.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:59 pm

RCP wrote:
Fn wrote:
RCP wrote:

And his system was just to show who is where kinda thing, wasn't used to tell title shots.

We'll still be doing contenders matches, it's not like you get 50 and you get an instant World title shot, it's just a more fair and more friendly way of deciding everything and allowing people to know where they stand whenever they check the list.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:00 pm

RCP wrote:
Fn wrote:
RCP wrote:

Can you explain why you don't like it?

This gives literally everyone a fair chance at a title shot, which honestly isn't something we've had before.
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:01 pm

I'm all for it except for the "everyone gets same points for promos" thing. Just because some people put more work into promos then others so like a really good singles promo shouldn't get the same amount of points as okay singles promo. Just my opinion, if I'm understanding that right.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Austin wrote:
I'm all for it except for the "everyone gets same points for promos" thing. Just because some people put more work into promos then others so like a really good singles promo shouldn't get the same amount of points as okay singles promo. Just my opinion, if I'm understanding that right.
Well, to be fair while I see where you're coming from, wouldn't that bring us back to the thing we're trying to avoid where everyone thinks we're favoring certain groups over others. Speaking as someone who loves to promo but gets busy, I myself am even fine with this, and could see how it wouldn't be right to raise it higher than the maximum for certain people just because they can "promo better/make it more believable" than another person could. Which could've been for various reasons lol. This way it puts everyone on the same "playing field" so then people don't feel like they don't get a chance at anything at all/aren't looked at or w/e.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Austin wrote:

It's just, when you score promos, and differentiate what people get for what, it becomes opinion based. So say someone does a promo that they've worked really hard on, feel really great about it, and then whoever scored it gives it a lesser score, it's gonna discourage them, it'll maybe make them say why bother, and it won't be "fun" for them. This way no one can say someone is biased when judging a promo, no one can say my promo was better I deserve more points than so and so. It's completely fair and rewarding for everyone putting in effort. And in a league effort as we know goes a long way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Because this is an easily abusable system, and it gives no reason for people to improve once they've joined since they get the same amount of stuff no matter the quality of their promos. I also don't like the idea of matches counting that much because certain people may be great promoers but aren't good at matches and where does that leave them? Even if there's biased decisions made at times, to me it's better than a rankings system because a system can't tell you a lot of things. You don't even need to have a huge discrepancy between promos, maybe even a 1 or 2, just some incentive to actually try. And don't see why co-promos are worth more than single promos. Maybe feud promos should be worth more than non-feud promos, but you could have two people come out and say two lines to each other and leave or an amazing Punk or whoever promo that gets scored lower just because it's a singles promo, don't see the point in that.

Meant to also say, if it's okay for people who don't promo well to get the same amount of points as people who do, then, why not in the same logic does everyone get the same amount of points for completing a match? Not saying they should, but people who lose matches and promo well are being screwed here whistle

Last edited by RCP on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:09 pm

I get what Austin means to a point but at the same time, it's like what Kyle/David said, we'd then be back to opinions on it which then could be said it's biased. I mean there's nothing to say someone new who isn't as good as promos doesn't put the same effort in as someone like Zander who does awesome promos.

It could be the same effort put in, it just comes to members like Zander/Shuggz/David easier than it does to newer members starting up.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:13 pm

RCP wrote:
Because this is an easily abusable system, and it gives no reason for people to improve once they've joined since they get the same amount of stuff no matter the quality of their promos. I also don't like the idea of matches counting that much because certain people may be great promoers but aren't good at matches and where does that leave them? Even if there's biased decisions made at times, to me it's better than a rankings system because a system can't tell you a lot of things. You don't even need to have a huge discrepancy between promos, maybe even a 1 or 2, just some incentive to actually try. And don't see why co-promos are worth more than single promos. Maybe feud promos should be worth more than non-feud promos, but you could have two people come out and say two lines to each other and leave or an amazing Punk or whoever promo that gets scored lower just because it's a singles promo, don't see the point in that.

Okay you make a good point with no encouragement to try in promos, that I do actually agree with, but Wouldn't that just be based on opinion again.. something people didn't want?

Like if we did Promos from 1 to 3, if we gave someone's promo a 2 but they thought it should be a 3, wouldn't they get annoyed?

We're doing this to try get the fairest way, so I'd be happy to do a scale ofpoints on the promos, IF someone can suggest a fair way to do it?
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:15 pm

RCP wrote:

Meant to also say, if it's okay for people who don't promo well to get the same amount of points as people who do, then, why not in the same logic does everyone get the same amount of points for completing a match? Not saying they should, but people who lose matches and promo well are being screwed here whistle

Replying to this because it's the easiest, people who lose matches are not being screwed because they get a point for just competing instead of losing a point for losing, which means that people who have trouble winning but promo regularly can get opportunities as well.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Could just not make the rankings visible, and just keep them hidden in the admin board. No one really needs to see anyways.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Gazza wrote:
RCP wrote:

Okay you make a good point with no encouragement to try in promos, that I do actually agree with, but Wouldn't that just be based on opinion again.. something people didn't want?

Like if we did Promos from 1 to 3, if we gave someone's promo a 2 but they thought it should be a 3, wouldn't they get annoyed?

We're doing this to try get the fairest way, so I'd be happy to do a scale ofpoints on the promos, IF someone can suggest a fair way to do it?

100% this. Bang brought up how he liked it because we couldn't be "biased" yet that would still fall into scoring people differently.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Bangkind wrote:
Could just not make the rankings visible, and just keep them hidden in the admin board. No one really needs to see anyways.

That kinda ruins the whole,"nobody can complain because it's there for all to see" idea behind this.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Bangkind wrote:

But the whole point of the rankings was so people could know where they stand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Gazza wrote:
RCP wrote:

Should be a 1-3. Idk how you could decide this without being biased, but if you could find a way it'd be much better than just saying to make it unbiased everyone will get the same amount of points. I mean, I don't like a checklist, but if that's what you'd have to do for this to work then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Bangkind wrote:
While I kinda see how that could be beneficial wouldn't it not work out? I mean we're making this out in the open already. So then people are gonna want to know where they stand for the week or w/e lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Dave™ wrote:
RCP wrote:

Replying to this because it's the easiest, people who lose matches are not being screwed because they get a point for just competing instead of losing a point for losing, which means that people who have trouble winning but promo regularly can get opportunities as well.
Would be easier to reply to this if I could see the point totals for each, but this seems like it's scaling matches to be a lot more which hurts people who wouldn't be good at them
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:21 pm

RCP wrote:

Should be a 1-3. Idk how you could decide this without being biased, but if you could find a way it'd be much better than just saying to make it unbiased everyone will get the same amount of points. I mean, I don't like a checklist, but if that's what you'd have to do for this to work then so be it.
Yeah, but wouldn't a checklist be even worse, I mean what're we supposed to say oh it wasn't this long or believable so then that's down a point or something stupid like that. Yeah I get where you're coming from, and I understand it but, how else can we do a ranking system and not include promos lol. If we do it just to matches again people are still going to think we're favoring someone over someone else. & this is coming from someone who is on a horrible losing streak as Michelle, but is also trying to promo more, so I don't know what else I can say lol.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:22 pm

RCP wrote:

It's just always going to be biased and opinion based if we go with different points for promos. You can't say a long promo is automatically a three because a long promo isn't always "epic" there have been some great and awesome short promos that accomplished everything they needed in less words than a long promo. So you can't say a short one is 1 and long is 3. It's just strictly opinion based which is what people are so against so that kinda makes it pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next