Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.

Go down 
+9
Zander
Jonguin
Man of pain
Austin
Ash
P.R Son
Bang
Kyle
TheFilthParade
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay so as some of you saw, I mentioned this in chat and a few people seemed for it, including Kyle and now David.

Basically, It'd be a rankings system based solely on points awarded for matches/promos.. taking out the whole opinion side of any rankings we've had and any time we've chosen title contenders. I know a lot of people have opinions about some title contenders being biased etc this would be in place to avoid any of that.

Points would be awarded for doing a match, winning a normal/tag/specialty match. Extra points would be awarded in feud matches also.

Points will be awarded for promos,but they won't be scored, each promo will receive the same amount of points, so an opinion won't play a factor in this. Joint Promos will score higher than solo promos.

The points will be decided if this comes into effect, but first we want to get everyones opinions on it, since it will effect everyone.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:05 pm

I'm sure the admins have better things to do then count the lines in everyone's promos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Was just a thought lol
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 6:15 pm

*Insert my bitching here.*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Please don't make us review the show for points....
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Oreo wrote:

Lolno, we're not gonna do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Dave™ wrote:
Oreo wrote:

Lolno, we're not gonna do that.
omg yes
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:36 am

After reading this entire thread and losing a few braincells I have one small improvement I think would help. The paragraph idea doesn't really work because someone like Red or Gaz does 12/13 line paragraphs and me and Shuggz do more like 6/7 lines so to solve that problem they should be graded by words, like get an admin to shove it in word count and then it's simple like...

500 = 1 point

700 = 2 points

So on and so forth. Same with write ups.

At the end of the day you can't please everyone but this new introduction has a hell of a lot more pros than cons and I'm all for it. Also instead of Gaz reviewing promos every week to score them there could be a system of asking people if they'd like to do it for the week so that Gaz gets a break because it might seem all fun and games now but 16 weeks down the line Gaz will hate everyone who posts a promo lol
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:23 am

I don't know what to make of this tbh.

I will say I dislike the idea of adding extra points for lines or paragraphs, somebody could post the longest promo in the World but that wouldn't make it a good promo yet they would still recieve extra points for it. Like many people have said when reviewing promos "it's Quality not Quantity". I don't personally agree with the stock amount of points that a person would recieve on promos because there are people that put a lot of effort into their work, where as somebody would post a 4 line thing and still recieve the same score.

Honestly, not a fan of the idea. Personally don't agree with a ranking to begin with, I thought life was much easier when the original ranking system died. Maybe I'm just one for rewarding people that have been working the hardest or put in the most effort but I can see why people believe there could be somew bias involved. So allow somebody else to decide such things, someone like Z or Red would judge a person from their work not from how chummy they are with them.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:26 am

Shuggz wrote:

I will say I dislike the idea of adding extra points for lines or paragraphs, somebody could post the longest promo in the World but that wouldn't make it a good promo yet they would still recieve extra points for it. Like many people have said when reviewing promos "it's Quality not Quantity". I don't personally agree with the stock amount of points that a person would recieve on promos because there are people that put a lot of effort into their work, where as somebody would post a 4 line thing and still recieve the same score.

Honestly, not a fan of the idea. Personally don't agree with a ranking to begin with, I thought life was much easier when the original ranking system died. Maybe I'm just one for rewarding people that have been working the hardest or put in the most effort but I can see why people believe there could be somew bias involved. So allow somebody else to decide such things, someone like Z or Red would judge a person from their work not from how chummy they are with them.

I'd happily review a show each week while someone else could take the other. I'd do it from an unbiased stand point on what I really think of the promo. Offer's there if you need it Dave.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Upper Mid Card
Sam

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:15 am

Im hopig this topic hasn't been brought up, because quite frankly i didnt read the last 2 pages of this thread. But anyway, if the rankings are publicly shown, wouldnt that be discouraging for people who are having trouble getting going? Like, to see active good people with such high scores, and to have everyone else see them at the bottom of the rankings? I mean sure they could get more points easily, I'm just saying some may not want to with the "public humiliation." Not a super important point, but one I felt should be brought up. Aside from that, I agree with this idea. I think the promo thing like RCP said is a good point, and for the most part I agree. But the thing is, each system will have flaws, and we can only really test out, and fix those flaws by giving it a try. So I'm all in.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:48 am

Zander wrote:
After reading this entire thread and losing a few braincells I have one small improvement I think would help. The paragraph idea doesn't really work because someone like Red or Gaz does 12/13 line paragraphs and me and Shuggz do more like 6/7 lines so to solve that problem they should be graded by words, like get an admin to shove it in word count and then it's simple like...

500 = 1 point

700 = 2 points

So on and so forth. Same with write ups.

At the end of the day you can't please everyone but this new introduction has a hell of a lot more pros than cons and I'm all for it. Also instead of Gaz reviewing promos every week to score them there could be a system of asking people if they'd like to do it for the week so that Gaz gets a break because it might seem all fun and games now but 16 weeks down the line Gaz will hate everyone who posts a promo lol

I'm not reviewing every promo, since we're not scoring on quality there's no need to lol

The paragraph thing is just a way of adding another extra without making loads of extra work. I've already scored stuff posted this week so far, don't really want to have to re-do them all now with the word count idea, since I have the rankings themselves to put together. It could be something we look at changing around if it doesn't work this way. Also don't worry we aren't awarding points for like one line "paragraphs" We've set a limit of lines in it to award points, which most people pass anyway.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:55 am

Shuggz wrote:

That's why we've added it though, this way people can see there is no biased decisions involved, since it's there for all to see. I do get why people have thought it in the past, but this way there really is no discussion over anything being biased since everyone will see.

and I agree that it's quality not quantity, but like said that's going back to opinion based system, which people don't seem to like.

Sam wrote:
Im hopig this topic hasn't been brought up, because quite frankly i didnt read the last 2 pages of this thread. But anyway, if the rankings are publicly shown, wouldnt that be discouraging for people who are having trouble getting going? Like, to see active good people with such high scores, and to have everyone else see them at the bottom of the rankings? I mean sure they could get more points easily, I'm just saying some may not want to with the "public humiliation." Not a super important point, but one I felt should be brought up. Aside from that, I agree with this idea. I think the promo thing like RCP said is a good point, and for the most part I agree. But the thing is, each system will have flaws, and we can only really test out, and fix those flaws by giving it a try. So I'm all in.

Well whilst it's possible people might get discouraged seeing they are low down, I hope and think that it could encourage people too. If they see they are low down or around the middle, hopefully it encourages them to promo more, get a feud or something to boost their chances.

and the last part pretty much sums up my thinking of it lol... if In a few months we realise that it's a bad idea and it doesn't work how we thought and hoped it would,then we can just crap it and no harm is done.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Gazza wrote:
Shuggz wrote:
don't know what to make of this tbh.

That's why we've added it though, this way people can see there is no biased decisions involved, since it's there for all to see. I do get why people have thought it in the past, but this way there really is no discussion over anything being biased since everyone will see.

and I agree that it's quality not quantity, but like said that's going back to opinion based system, which people don't seem to like.

This is really the only way around an opinion based system. We all agree it's quality over quantity but again no matter what would be done someone would call bias at some point, no matter how high someone is held in regard someone would still feel indifferent and it's just too much hassle than it's worth. People act like we've been so bias in the past but that's not the case at all, however with this system we'll still be able to basically do what we've always done in a public way that leaves no room for anyone pulling the bias card again, which for admins that work very hard to do the best thing in the league, is really annoying. While this system might not be perfect, it's based on what you can see, not what an individual feels. Most promos are lengthy and good anyways it's not like we really have any members that just pack on paragraph after paragraph just for the sake of it. And with all things if it doesn't work we can easily ditch the system, but it doesn't hurt to try it because it could make things a lot more simpler and people would be able to see where they stand without it being in any way opinionated.
Back to top Go down
Stay✔
Mid Card
Stay✔

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:33 pm

WE NEED OPINION BASED PROMO POINTS. . .YES I SAID IT.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Stay✔ wrote:
It's too late. Go sit down.
Back to top Go down
Stay✔
Mid Card
Stay✔

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Okay, I'll sit down. I'll just go promo for my five points now
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Stay✔ wrote:
Okay, I'll sit down. I'll just go promo for my five points now
And remember 5 sentences=1 paragraph. Go for those extra points.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Stay✔ wrote:

No because then it brings back the whole "biased" comments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Come on StayFresh, you missed the convo on this days ago Neutral

And plz tell us the story of the biased comments. Us lower class members don't even know what you're referring to us flag
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 pm

RCP wrote:

And plz tell us the story of the biased comments. Us lower class members don't even know what you're referring to us flag

Just generally people thinking (Understandably imo) That people we chose for title shots etc is biased.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Gazza wrote:
RCP wrote:

Just generally people thinking (Understandably imo) That people we chose for title shots etc is biased.
Yeah but then I was like idc I've waited three years haters can suck it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:16 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Gazza wrote:
RCP wrote:

u bastrad u costed the xwl a admin basd desisin psh thngi
Back to top Go down
Stay✔
Mid Card
Stay✔

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:19 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Gazza wrote:
RCP wrote:

F them haters, Chavo deserved that title shot.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Stay✔ wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
Gazza wrote:
RCP wrote:

Nah they have a point, I lost a whole bunch of matches, the court thing was way out there, if I wasn't me I wouldn't have gotten this chance.
Back to top Go down
Stay✔
Mid Card
Stay✔

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:23 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Stay✔ wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
Gazza wrote:
RCP wrote:

Nah they have a point, I lost a whole bunch of matches, the court thing was way out there, if I wasn't me I wouldn't have gotten this chance.
I feel you bro, they can't bring you down no longer, keep being you. Chvo has been waiting for so long and he finally gets his chance. us flag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.   XWL Points System... Opinions wanted. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Points System... Opinions wanted.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next