Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AVG
Mid Card
AVG

Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions Empty
PostSubject: Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions   Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:30 am

Hey guys I just wanted to make this thread just to tell you guys my opinion on the case I'm sure everyone knows about it already its been on the internet and media all across the world many times since last year. I'm sure everyone knows the alleged situation that went down where Zimmerman is saying that he acted in "Self-defense" and that the young teen looked "suspicious" with his now famous hoodie that many celebrities have wore to show respect to Trayvon. So the story is that Trayvon, was walking in his Miami neighborhood between the hours of 1-3 AM and he was going to buy a drink and some Skittles for his little brother.

Below is the footage of him buying the food/drink but what strikes me is how if Zimmerman found Tray, "suspicious" then why didn't the cashier be specious? I say that Zimmerman was a racist and he didn't like the way that the young people in his neighborhood were causing trouble. That's just my opinion but here is some more evidence.

Here is some other evidence that I find surprising. In the trial Zimmerman, testified that he was the person screaming in the background of this 911 call but you can clearly hear a young mans voice in the background which indicates it was probably Trayvon's since he was getting shot/attacked. Also keep in mind that Zimmerman is years older then Trayvon and do you think a grown man has that high of a voice? It seems strange. Also from what I heard in the trial the original confrontation that occurred was Zimmerman saw Tray, walk out of the 7-Eleven store as he was walking behind him he violently grabbed him and exchanged words with Zimmerman. You want to tell me that Zimmerman was in self defense. I CALL BULLSHIT. The fact that Zimmerman walked up to Trayvon and even got into the argument was astounding but the fact that the judge completely over-looked the evidence in the case, clearly shows that our public justice system here in the U.S is fucked up. But the other thing that pisses me off is how CNN and all the other news network told viewers that the court-room would be equally diverse, yet they had a white judge and a hispanic/white mix of jury women.

The fact that this asshole got to keep his gun back that he used to kill the innocent kid and the fact that the judge was smiling after the verdict just absolutely sickened me. I understand that Trayvon lived in the ghetto and he acted like a hood or a gangster and smoked drugs but that's no excuse to get killed on you're way to get you're little brother a snack just absolutely frustrates the fuck out of me. What's even more fucked up is how all of my family members completely agree with this and they over-look the damming evidence AGAINST Zimmerman. I apologize for getting frustrated in this thread but this is an emotional subject so if you choose to please give you're opinion on the matter, hopefully avoiding arguments though I doubt that will happen.

Thanks, for reading all of this guys if you did I appreciate it

-AVG

Back to top Go down
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions   Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:46 am

I'm probably one of the few on this side, but this person said it well:

"A 30-year-old black man we’ll call Darnell Haskins, not especially tall, and not in great shape, lives in a mostly black town where young white toughs from the town across the river have been committing petty burglaries lately. Haskins is a self-appointed neighborhood “mayor” of sorts who likes to keep an eye on things.

Haskins sees a white 17-year-old we’ll call Greg Pruitt walking through, follows him grumbling about these “young crackers” and stops him. It turns out Pruitt is just minding his own business visiting a friend, doesn’t take kindly to being detained, and one thing leads to another. Pruitt, six feet tall and not unaccustomed to defending himself, is on top of Haskins banging his head on the ground. Haskins, losing the battle and desperate, takes out his gun and fires. Pruitt dies.

All will agree that this is a reasonable reconstruction of what likely happened that night in Sanford, Florida—except with the races changed. So: how many people would think Haskins should spend his life in jail for murder – even though he started it?

Few. If anything, the gut feeling among many would be that we have to “understand” Haskins as reacting to centuries of white racism."

It was only an issue because a white man shot a black man. It's really awful that people are too ignorant to look into the details of the case and that it was clearly a tragic misunderstanding. Just because the victim happened to be black and the man with the gun happened to be white doesn't mean the watch guy didn't have a right to find him as suspicious. Somebody walking around at 2 AM in a gated community IS suspicious. Then he didn't start a fight with Trayvon, he essentially had his ass kicked and just got a chance to save himself using his gun.

Unfortunately it turns out the kid was guilty of nothing, but Zimmerman didn't see that. He didn't have a google report of the kid like we all do. Zimmerman saw a shady character walking, and did the right thing by calling 911. Probably a mistake to get out of his car, but it wasn't a huge enough mistake to send him to jail for murder... just unfortunate it led to what it did. And when Zimmerman had a guy pounce on him who was taller than he was and had been taking MMA classes so was thus kicking his ass, he wasn't thinking, "this guy's black I have to shoot this motherfucker before he kills me that black bastard." or "If he was white I would gently get him off of me and then resolve this like reasonable gentlemen" he's just thinking I have to save my life because that's what I care about.

Overall, what happened WAS awful, and Zimmerman didn't always take the right steps. But was he a cold-blooded racist just looking to hurt the black community? Hell no.
Back to top Go down
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions   Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:00 am

AVG wrote:

Here is some other evidence that I find surprising. In the trial Zimmerman, testified that he was the person screaming in the background of this 911 call but you can clearly hear a young mans voice in the background which indicates it was probably Trayvon's since he was getting shot/attacked. Also keep in mind that Zimmerman is years older then Trayvon and do you think a grown man has that high of a voice?

Trayvon's dad said that that wasn't Trayvon's voice. Trayvon didn't have a little kid voice, he was 18. Trayvon was also not attacked, the only time he was struck in any form was the gunshot. I doubt he would have yelled for help after a gunshot, although I don't think they said he died instantly.

All in all, you have to also trust the jury, who unlike us, watched every moment of the trial and were determined to be unbiased. It was their decision from what they heard that he wasn't guilty.
Back to top Go down
red dead
New Talent
red dead

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions   Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:47 am

This is my take on this case.

I don't give a fuck, worse things happen everyday and if Trayvon was white no one would give a shit and the case would of only been talked about for a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions   Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions On The Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Case + Your Reactions
Page 1 of 1