Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show  Empty
PostSubject: XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show    XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:13 pm

XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show  QcJCR8J

As the pre-show begins the theme for the pre-show starts to play through out the arena as the fans, still filling into the arena are starting to get excited for the pay-per-view to begin in a short time as the cameras show varying shots of the crowd before switching to the one-man pre-show commentary team Joey Styles.

XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show  Styles_Alum_003_display_image

Joey Styles: Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the XWL Eye for an Eye pre-show and as the people are still filling in excitement is building for the pay-per-view later on but we're still a short while away and that means there is still time to order the pay-per-view just call your pay-per-view provider, download the XWL app on your smart phones or visit XWL.com to enjoy the action, but right now it's time to start the action.

XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show  7mmQIAP VS.  XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show  UupHkkn

Bobby Roode Def. James Storm

Joey Styles: A great win there for Bobby Roode against the Cowboy James Storm to kick off the pre-show here tonight, but right now we're going backstage as we're joined by Marty DeRosa.

As Joey Styles finishes speaking the cameras cut to backstage as Marty DeRosa is stood by

XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show  1-1_zps934a8636

Marty DeRosa: Thank you for the introduction Joey, on one of the biggest nights in XWL's calendar Eye for an Eye and we are live here on the pre-show and later tonight live only on pay-per-view is the Elimination Chamber, a staple match for this pay-per-view every year and this year the winner will of the match will receive a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship at The Monster Bash. Anyway I'm being joined at this time by the one and only Colt Cabana!

As he introduces him Colt Cabana walks into camera shot standing next to Marty

Colt Cabana: Hey Marty.

Marty DeRosa: Hey Colt.

Colt Cabana: Have you got anything for me?

Marty looks confused, as he points out Colt's mistake

Marty DeRosa: Sorry Colt, but we're actually doing an interview this week.

Colt Cabana: Oh, that's my bad I thought we were doing the other thing.

Marty DeRosa: No, Hogan's caught onto me, I've actually got to work this week.

Colt Cabana: Oh well that's a downer. So you actually have a job?

Marty DeRosa: Yeah, it's actually worked out pretty well for me, I'm kind of surprised to be honest with you Colt. At least I get paid now.

XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show  12_zps82b94397

Colt Cabana: What did you do before?

Marty DeRosa: I just took your show bonuses.

Colt looks confused completely unknowing of the show bonus cheques

Colt Cabana: We get show bonuses?

Marty DeRosa: I knew you'd be cool with it.

Cabana looks annoyed at Marty as he quickly retorts to Marty

Colt Cabana: Marty! That's not cool. I slept in my car last night, this isn't funny, I bet you stole at least fifty dollar from me.

Marty DeRosa: A little more than that actually.

Colt Cabana: Really? Life's really different here then it was on the road I guess. I guess this really is the big leagues. I just found out today that we have catering! Catering Marty! Can you believe that? Someone's actually paying me to eat Subway.

Marty DeRosa: Yeah it's pretty sweet.

Colt Cabana: Is that a new suit?

Marty DeRosa: Yeah I got it from Salvation Army.

XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show  7_zps4d45cdb1

Colt Cabana: That's where I got my ring jacket.

Marty DeRosa: Really? I thought it was custom made.

Colt Cabana: Nope. One hundred percent thift store. And it only cost me two bucks.

Marty DeRosa: Yeah you can get some really good deals there.

Colt Cabana: Sooo...

Marty DeRosa: Yeah. Sooo...

Colt Cabana: I guess we should do an interview or something.

Marty DeRosa: We probably should, yeah. They don't pay me for nothing you know. I just haven't seen you in a while that's all.

Colt Cabana: I know buddy, we should celebrate after I win my match tonight.

Marty DeRosa: You have a match tonight?

Colt Cabana: Yeah Marty, I'm in the Elimination Chamber tonight.

Marty DeRosa: You are?

Colt Cabana: Yeah, it's kind of a big deal.

Marty DeRosa: I know that, but how did you get in.

Colt Cabana: Hulk Hogan put me in.

Marty DeRosa: Wow, that guy is full of great ideas.

Colt Cabana: Yeah, I don't think we can do anything wrong.

Marty DeRosa: I really like his moustache, do you think if we keep talking him up he'll give me a raise?

XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show  6_zpsab52e37f

Colt Cabana: It's worth a shot.

Marty DeRosa: I thought so, I'll show him this tape later. Anyway, Colt, the match tonight.

Colt Cabana: You know what Marty, this is a big big match for me, and for the other five guys in the match. Kevin Steen, Chris Sabin, The Miz, Austin Aries and Alberto Del Rio, that's great company to be in but I'm not happy just being in that conversation, I'm going into the Chamber tonight and I'm planning on going all the way to The Monster Bash and getting a shot at the title.

Marty DeRosa: Like you just said you're going to be up against some of the biggest names in XWL today, what are your thoughts on these guys.

Colt Cabana: I'm not going to stand around here and list everything about about each of the other guys but I will say this I've already beat Kevin Steen recently and I've known that guy for a long time and I know he'll be right at home when that chamber door shuts and after that Package Piledriver he gave me a few weeks ago I'll do everything in my power to get to him and make sure he doesn't win the entire thing.

Colt Cabana: And there's The Miz and Austin Aries...

Marty DeRosa: Of course last week you intervened when they tried to take out Alberto Del Rio. What made you get involved in that situation?

XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show  10_zps23667832

Colt Cabana: I was just trying to do the right thing, and I know Chris Sabin would of loved to of gone out there himself, but I knew if he did he'd of lost his spot in the Chamber and I know Steen couldn't care less about what happens to any of us, so I decided to help Alberto out. Now do I expect anything in return? No, I don't. Especially in the Chamber, and I'm sure I've got under Miz and Aries skin and that's just fine. But really Austin has more important things to why about than me. He might be the greatest man that ever lived, but I don't think anyone can win the Elimination Chamber while they're carrying someone through the entire match. I'm just calling it how I see it.

Marty DeRosa: Well Colt, that's about all the time we have. Thank you for your time and good luck tonight, buddy.

Colt Cabana: Thanks, Marty.

When he finishes speaking Cabana leaves the set leaving Marty by himself

Marty DeRosa: Well there you go Joey, that was Colt Cabana and he's as ready as he can be for the Elimination Chamber match, now back to you at ringside.

At that the cameras switch back to Joey Styles at ringside

The entrance music of The British Invasion, consisting of Rob Terry, Doug Williams and Magus doesn’t get much of a reaction from the crowd, though you kept but be in awe as these three imposing figures stand side by side on the stage and raise their arms into the air.

Joey Styles
Well folks, this is the 6-man tag team match Don West promised us we’d get to see as for the first time ever the three male members of The West Side Army will be competing together as a unit. I don’t what to expect because on paper you wouldn’t really think that guys like Ryback, Amazing Red and Corey Graves would be able to work together, they’re just so completely different yet as we’ve seen over the weeks Don West has been able to make it work. However, from what I’ve heard of The British Invasion, they’re quite an imposing group and just by looking at these three men you can’t help but think they’d give any opponent thrown in the ring with them a hard time.

The Invasion makes their way to the bottom of the ramp when suddenly Amazing Red pops out from under the ring with a chair in his hand and cracks Williams over the head with it laying him out. The boos from the audience packed into the arena for the pre-show start up, but then they swiftly become cheers when they see that Red is still alone with two men who are twice his size. Red swings the chair at Terry who just blocks it with his bare hands and rips the weapon out of Red’s grasp.

Joey Styles
Oh boy, the surprise factor allowed Red to take out one of the two men, but he looks to be in some deep trouble now!

Terry raises the chair over his head to hit Red with it while Magnus goads him on when suddenly someone grabs Terry from behind and drops him with a back suplex. Ryback gets to his feet and screams as Terry squirms in pain on the ground and then he goes after Magus who starts fighting back against the intimidating monster. Graves races down the ramp with Don West a few steps behind him and just like that Magnus finds himself in a three on one situation. Ryback headbutts Magnus causing him to stagger backwards and Graves charges forward and nails a big boot and sends the Brit flying over the barricade and into the crowd.

Joey Styles
I bet this was their plan all along! The match hasn’t even started yet and The West Side Army has already made their mark.

After that chair shot he got from Amazing Red earlier, Williams finally begins to stir and gets to his feet. He charges after Graves but Ryback intercepts him with a simple body block that knocks the smaller man to the ground. Graves quickly grabs Williams’ leg and locks in the 13th step while an official finally races down the ramp and screams at Graves to break things up. Meanwhile Terry has made it back to his feet and Red his peppering the big man with some right and lefts and has him stumbling back over to the time keeper area. Red quickly hops onto the apron and gets a running start as he goes for a cross body but Terry catches him!

Joey Styles
Red got himself into a bit of a pickle, but just look at the corner of your screen you can see Ryback making his way over to the scene!

Red elbows Terry onto the side of the head until Terry finally drops him and out of nowhere Ryback comes charging in and spears Terry through the barricade! The crowd gets to their feet and for a moment they forget Ryback is the bad guy as the pop for that spot. West is all giddy and he shouts “Take some notes, Reigns!... Oh wait!” Ryback checks on Red to make sure he’s okay, but it’s Graves they should be worried about because Magnus has recovered and he climbs up on the barricade then come flying down and drives the point of his elbow into Graves’ gut! Magnus quickly takes hold of Graves and rolls him into the ring and The Ref calls for the bell!

Joey Styles
Looks like this match is finally getting underway officially.

Magnus goes for a the pin on Graves:

The speedy Red is just able to break things up, but The Ref is quick to react and forces Red along with Ryback to get onto the apron and now that the match as officially gotten underway he now has the power to disqualify them. Finally West shouts from the outside of the ring for Red and Ryback to listen to The Ref. Magnus mocks the two men as they get onto their corner then turns his attention back over to Graves who has managed to get onto his hands and knees. Magnus kicks him right in the ribcage then he drops down to his knee and starts wailing on Graves with a series of vicious right hands.

Joey Styles
Now that some order has been restored into the match, I would say that The British Invasion has a chance to turn things around but Rob Terry has been taken out by Ryback in the most vicious of manners and Doug Williams is still reeling from that sadistic submission hold Graves put him in. Saying they’ll be overcoming the odds to win this match is a massive understatement.

Magnus pulls Graves to his feet and shoots him over to the ropes then when Graves rebounds off Magnus hoist him in the air and hits a spinebuster then he races over to the ropes to gather some momentum and hits a knee drop before going for another pin:

Graves gets his shoulder up then rolls away from Magnus before the offensive onslaught can continue. Magnus charges at Graves standing over by the ropes and Graves drives his knee into Magnus’ gut doubling him over, then Graves lifts Magnus into the air with a suplex, slingshots Magus off the top rope then hits the suplex and floats over into a mounted position where he’s in prime position to throw some punches of his own. Magnus does his best to cover up but with Graves leaving him with no other options, Magus reaches up and thumbs in the eye and Grave immediately rolls off clutching his face.

Joey Styles
Looks like Graves found someone who isn’t afraid to bend the rules either if it means getting out of this predicament alive.

Magnus walks over to Graves who quickly drives his head into Magnus’ gut and then nails him with an uppercut that sends him staggering backwards. Graves gets to his feet and charges at the same time as Magnus and the two men take each other out with a pair of clotheslines! Magnus and Graves begin crawling over to their respective corners and despite how much noise the audience is making you can still hear West willing Graves over to Ryback or Red to make the tag. Magnus tags in Williams at the same time Graves tags in Red and the two men go racing to each other though it’s Williams who strikes first by nailing Red with a stiff right hand. Red scrambles backwards and tags in Ryback whose presence quickly wipes the smile off of Williams face.

Joey Styles
Well, Williams had his moment, but it’s going to take a lot more than a punch to take this giant down.

Ryback and Williams meet in the center of the ring and while Ryback opts to mouth off, Williams kicks him in the gut and sets him up for a DDT, but he can’t get the much bigger man off his feet and he gets pushed off as if he were nothing. Williams staggers back into the ropes and tries to use the momentum to take Ryback off his feet a clothesline but Ryback doesn’t even budge. Williams races over to the ropes and goes for a shoulder block and the best he gets is that Ryback takes a step back as a result of the blow. The two men have a standoff where Williams dares Ryback to take a running start and when Ryback dashes over to the ropes Williams is right behind him and uses his body to trip Ryback up. Williams quickly gets Ryback in a front facelock and tries to keep the bigger man down, but Ryback is much to strong and despite Williams’ best efforts he manages to get back to his feet. Ryback lifts Williams into the air and tries to dump him outside of the ring but Williams manages to push off the top rope and he takes Ryback down to the ground with a tornado DDT!

Joey Styles
Oh my, what a reversal. For a second I was questioning whether or not Williams would be able to get the better of such a freak of nature, but it looks like he’s a lot more capable to deal with a man like Ryback than I first thought.

Williams doesn’t go for the pin straight away, and still holding onto Ryback in that front facelock he gets up, hoists Ryback into the air in an impressive show of strength and spikes him on his head again with a brainbuster. This time Williams goes for the pin and this one could very well be over:

Graves and Red both get into the ring and break up the pin. The Ref yells at them to get back in their corner while Williams gets back to work on Ryback before he can regain his composure. Williams his a knee drop, then another and another and another then he leaps up into the air to make the fifth one count, but Ryback rolls out of the way and Williams drops straight down on the right knee Graves was working on earlier. Williams gets to his feet favoring his knee but Ryback gives him another body part to worry about when he charges forward and turns Williams inside out with the meathook clothesline!

Magnus throws himself at Ryback to break things up and West screams from the outside of the right at The Ref telling him to do his job properly.

Joey Styles
West didn’t have any issues when it was his men breaking up pins. The way I see it, West Side Army just got a taste of their own medicine.

Ryback walks over to his corner and tags in Red who quickly gets into the ring. As Williams get to his feet, Red instructs Ryback to him down which Ryback does with a powerful shoulder block. Red bounces off the ropes, does a double stomp on Williams, then he does a wheelbarrow on Ryback who uses his strength to slam Red onto Williams with a leg drop. Red goes for the pin but The Ref refuses to count while Ryback is still in the ring. The big man quickly slides out under the bottom rope and The Ref starts his count:

Williams gets his shoulder off the mat and West yells at TheRef and accuses him of purposefully wasting time to allow Williams to recover. Red pulls Williams to his feet when Williams suddenly lashes out with a European uppercut that knocks Red off his feet. Red quickly gets to his feet and charges at Williams who reverses Red’s attack into an atomic drop then he wraps his arms around Red’s waist and hits a belly to belly, recklessly throwing Red into the turnbuckles. Williams tags in Magnus who races over to the ring and hits a sliding dropkick then drags Red out of the corner and pins him:

Red gets his foot on the bottom rope just before the three count causing The Ref to stop his count.

Joey Styles
Say what you want about Red, but he’s certainly no slouch in the ring. He knew where he was and didn’t waste any energy trying to kick out.

Magnus pulls Red to his feet and pushes him back into the corner where he begins repeatedly driving his shoulder blade deep into Red’s gut. Finally Magus hoists Red onto the top rope and tries to climb up too but Red catches him square in the jaw with a kick that sends Magnus falling back-first on the mat. Red turns himself around but just before he can launch himself into the air with Infrared, Williams walks over from the apron and pushes Red off the top and The Amazing One takes a nasty spill to the outside. Ryback comes charging in to defend his teammate, but Williams pulls down the top rope sending Ryback tumbling out of the ring. Williams isn’t quick enough to avoid Graves who charges and hits a spear between the middle and top rope sending both of them crashing to the outside and one of them may have landed on poor Ryback.

Joey Styles
All five men are down in a scene that perfectly illustrates the meaning of carnage and destruction. Despite their partner, Rob Terry, being carried to the back what feels like eons ago, the rest of The British Invasion has managed to hang in there for the most part.

Magnus rolls out of the ring to retrieve Red and he rolls the high flyer into the ring but Red wisely rolls all the way to the other side of the ring and under the bottom rope. Magnus shakes his head while he walks over to the ropes but when he tried to grab Red, Red drops him neck first across the top rope. Red waits for Magnus to get to his feet then he springboards off the top rope looking to hit a hurricanrana but Magnus pulls him back up onto his shoulder but before he can hit the powerbomb, once again Corey Graves pops out of nowhere and hits Magnus with a lungblower while Red lands on top with a senton! Graves rolls onto the apron just as a loud crash is heard when Ryback forcefully throws Williams into the steel stairs. Red crawls over to Graves and makes the tag but remains in the ring and watches as Graves pulls Magnus to his feet and pushes him back into the corner. Graves takes Red by the arm and shoots him across the ring and Red does his signature step up on Magnus’ chest and rolls out of the way just as Graves comes charging in with a clothesline. Magnus staggers out of the corner and right into Graves’ waiting arms who lifts him over his shoulder and hits the MK Ultra:

3!

Graves gets to his feet and he places one foot on Magnus’ chest and shows off the “Stay Down” tattoo printed on his knuckles. On the outside of the ring Ryback is still beating on Williams even though the match is over and it takes the combined effort of The Referee and Don West to get him to calm down. Red rolls out of the ring and hops onto Ryback’s shoulders and raises his arms in celebration while the crowd heavily boos them. Without even looking back at the carnage they caused, The West Side Army makes their way up the ramp disappears behind the curtains as the cameras return to Joey Styles

Joey Styles: A great showing there for the West Side Army, and now it's time for the Main Event of the pre-show and it's time for the Diva's in an Over the Top Rope Battle Royal! Layla, AJ, Maryse and Brie Bella!

AJ kicks Layla in the knee breaking her grip over her, then Irish whips her in the direction of Brie Bella. Brie is ready and waiting, attempts nail her with a clothesline, but Layla ducks under her arm, jumps off the canvas springboarding off the first rope, then the second, attempting the LOL, but Brie turns around quickly enough and pushes Layla forward causing her to take a nasty spill over the ropes toppling to the floor! Brie turns around to meet a grinning AJ, they circle around each other before attempting a lock up but Brie stomps on AJ's foot, tries to toss her out right then and there, but AJ manages to spin momentum around in her favor and Brie goes over the top rope! AJ smiles as if she's won, but she doesn't realize Brie hung on! She turns around and sees Brie trying to enter the ring, and acting fast she charges forward with a shining wizard that instantly sends Brie flying off the apron and to the floor!

AJ Lee Wins!

Joey Styles: A great win by AJ against some of the top Diva's XWL has to offer and she's really been on a bit roll lately and I'm sure her fans will be delighted with her tonight. Unfortunately though that's all we have time for on the pre-show as the event you've all been waiting for is just seconds away, in the Main Event tonight the World Heavyweight champion The Show-off Dolph Ziggler will defend his championship against the King of the Ring Chris Jericho! Whoever wins it sure will be a must see match as well as so much more coming to you right now at Eye for an Eye!

When Joey Styles finishes speaking the cameras slowly fade out ending the pre-show
Back to top Go down

XWL.com Exclusive: XWL Eye for an Eye Pre-Show
Page 1 of 1