Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  Empty
PostSubject: XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show    XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:25 am

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  Mwa1xgt

There’s a  sweet pyrotechnics mini-show as the fans who filed into the arena early tonight are treated to a little something special as appreciation for them spending their hard-earned money and coming out here tonight. The camera zips and zooms about the arena taking in as much of the atmosphere as possible. There are fans here decked in the gear of their favorite superstars, others are waving signs that they labored over for hours, or in some cases minutes, to perfect and soon the camera makes its final stop at the announce table where Joey Styles is sitting with a smile on his face.

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  Styles_Alum_003_display_image

Joey Styles:
When you see Joey Styles alone at the announce table it can only mean one thing, well maybe two… I don’t have to worry about Michael Cole giving me a headache and it’s time for yet another edition of the XWL Pre-Show. This time around we’re warming you up for Digital Decision and while the two matches scheduled for tonight don’t let that discourage from getting in the democratic spirit! You still have plenty of time to let your voices be heard and dictate how the narrative of the numerous feuds in XWL play out tonight by choosing, matches, stipulations and opponents! It’s going to be a crazy night, that’s for sure, but the pre-show is all about getting you ready for that bumpy ride and I can promise you that you’ll want to spend the rest of your night with XWL when this show wraps up. If you haven’t ordered the pay-per-view yet, then don’t worry, there’s plenty of time to make the call to your local internet, cable or satellite provider though you won’t want to wait too long because the last thing you’d want is to miss a second of the big show. As far as this show is concerned, the opening contest will be an intriguing one between a man who claims to embody the American spirit taking on a man who has yet to have a good thing to say about this country. Let’s see who comes out on top when Jack Swagger takes on Antonio Cesaro.

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  TxaF6eP vs. XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  NUKtkeR

Swagger enters onto the stage. After looking into the crowd for a moment, he makes his way down the ramp. As he reaches the bottom of the ramp, he begins doing push-ups.

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  Swaggeronyourkneespushu

[Justin Roberts]
Making his way to the ring... Jack Swagger!

In the ring now, Swagger waits for his opponent.

Cesaro for some unknown reason comes out waving the American flag.

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  IbaPStv76H4EjT

[Justin Roberts]
"Making his way to the ring... Antonio Cesaro!"

Cesaro makes his way down the ramp. Just before he enters the ring, he grabs the flag and begins wiping his underarms with it.

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  24fldzn

The audience boos loudly as Cesaro throws the flag to the ground. He enters the ring. After a few moments, the ref calls for the match to begin.

The two men exchange punches. Cesaro gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Swagger. Swagger drops an elbow...but misses. Swagger gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Cesaro. Antonio Cesaro misses a clothesline...and takes out the referee by mistake. Swagger gets powerbombed by Cesaro.

Pinfall attempt, but the referee is out.

Swagger lands a few punches to the midsection of Cesaro, before Cesaro lands a big knee to Swaggers midsection. Swagger gives Cesaro a big knee in return. Antonio Cesaro takes a butterfly suplex from Swagger. Jack Swagger hits a delayed suplex on Cesaro. Cover!

The referee is still out for Cesaro's clotheline.

Gutwrench suplex by Jack Swagger. Swagger begins doing push-ups. While Swagger is doing push-ups, Cesaro pops up to his feet and lifts Swagger out of the push-ups and drops him back down with a Neutralizer. Cesaro goes for the cover. The ref isn't moving. Cesaro makes his way over to the ref and deadlifts the ref into a standing position. The ref is still dazed though. As Cesaro turns around he walks into a gutwrench powerbomb near the ropes. Swagger goes for the cover.

Cesaro puts his foot on the bottom rope.

The referee calls for the bell.

Swagger quickly exits the ring after noticing Cesaro's leg on the bottom rope.

[Justin Roberts]
"Here is your winner..."

Before Justin Roberts can announce Swagger as the winner, he is interrupted by Cesaro attacking the referee. We can hear Cesaro shouting, "MY FOOT WAS ON THE ROPE!" Cesaro brings the referee to his feet and lands a big European uppercut under the referee's chin. The ref drops to both knees. Cesaro lifts the ref up only to drop him on his face with the Neutralizer. The referee rolls out of the ring, but Cesaro isn't finished. Outside the ring now, Cesaro grabs the ref by his legs and begins swinging the ref into the barricade.

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  ICNTBtAX6r8bU

Security and other referees make their way out and breaks Cesaro's grasp on the ref. The force Cesaro to the back. Cesaro can still be heard yelling, "MY FOOT WAS ON THE ROPE!"

Joey Styles:
That was certainly an interesting way to end the match, I can’t blame Cesaro for feeling angry, but attacking officials usually isn’t how you go about getting your way. Think of this though folks, what if one of the high-profile matches, like a title defense or heated grudge match, ended on such a controversial note? Could you ever forgive yourself for not giving yourself the opportunity to witness that moment live? I’m just saying, and I usually do take some time out to say this, but you don’t want to hear about a historical or epic moment second-hand from someone at school or at the office the day later. It just won’t have that same feeling of sitting on your couch with some friends and family with boxes of pizza and beer cans ever cheering and screaming your hearts out. What better way could you spend a Sunday night? Make the right choice, folks, votes for what you want to see then sit back and relax during Digital Decision and watch how your decisions shape the show. Speaking of the show, The Showstopper himself has apparently been spotted backstage, so let’s head back there and see what he’s up to.

{After that thrilling match the Pre-Show cuts backstage where we see none other than The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels.}

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  G1b6X

{HBK is walking around the backstage area, but it's unclear where he's going. He's walking past many locker-rooms so it seems that he must be in the area where most of the locker rooms are. He says something in a quieter voice to himself...}

{{Shawn Michaels}}
Who should be my apprentice...

{HBK keeps walking and he now comes up to a door. The door says on it, "Austin Aries." He looks at the door shortly, almost as if he's thinking.}

{{Shawn Michaels}}
Not exactly what I'm looking for.

{With that, Shawn Michaels keeps walking down the halls. The next door he comes up to is one that says, "The Shield - Seth Rollins, Deam Ambrose, & Roman Reigns."}

{{Shawn Michaels}}
Maybe if I wanted them to kill me I'd ask them to be my apprentices.

{Shawn Michaels laughs a little bit as he says that and continues to walk down the hallway.}

{{Shawn Michaels}}
I'm starting to wonder if there's anyone that I could teach around here!

{HBK keeps walking down the hallway and stumbles upon yet another locker room. This time it's Curtis Axel's locker room. Michaels seems disappointed as the camera zooms in on his face.}

{{Shawn Michaels}}
He isn't apprentice material either. That's it, I'm done here. I'll come back during the show and find my apprentice.

{HBK walks down the hallway as the camera fades to the next part of the Pre-Show.}

Joey Styles: Any superstar should be lucky to consider themselves a protégé, just look at how well Daniel Bryan is doing for himself. The American Dragon is not only competing in one of three grueling match types against Dean Ambrose, but he’s also an option as a challenger for John Morrison’s Intercontinental Championship. Picture it, Daniel Bryan competing in two matches in the same night, there’s bound to be some repercussions for that and I, for one, can’t wait to see how he’ll handle that. Of course there are two other options in Chris Sabin and The Miz, but you won’t know who gets voted in unless you tune in for yourself. And for those of you who tuned into Breakdown last week you saw HBK make his triumphant return, but history has shown us time and time again that some superstars like to wait until the big shows to make their presence felt. Someone who has yet to make their presence felt is Goldberg but tonight, in the main event of the show, he’ll have that chance to leave his mark as he takes on Colt Cabana who at least has the fact that he’s entertaining going for him. This may not be for the World Title, but it’s an intriguing match-up that should no doubt be entertaining.

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  CA50eGc vs. XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show  87WaW4F

As the cameras switch to one of the crowd, Colt Cabana's theme starts to play throughout the arena as some of the crowd cheer

When Colt walks out onto the stage the crowd cheers again and he signals to the crowd as he starts to make his way to the ring

Joey Styles: Well we've seen this young man's antics on XWL.com along with one of the writers for XWL Marty DeRosa but don't let that fool you, when the bell rings Colt Cabana is a fine wrestler, and in his brief time here in XWL Colt has raised a few Eyebrows both in the ring and out and he'll be looking to build upon that tonight.

As Colt reaches ringside he walks up the steel steps onto the ring apron, turning to the fans shaking his legs, then he leans over the ropes and jumps into the ring

Joey Styles: For those of you who aren't aware Colt is currently undefeated in XWL action since his return picking up victories against Jinder Mahal and Chuck Taylor, and now he'll be looking to make it three in a row to in just a few moments.

Colt walks over to the other side of the ring and raises his arms for the crowd as his theme fades and and he waits for his opponent for a few seconds, then their theme starts to play

Sprinklers start to go off on the stage, then Goldberg walks out onto the stage in the middle of the pyro, breathing in the smoke then as the sprinklers stop Goldberg starts to walk to the ring as fireworks go off behind him

Joey Styles: Uh oh, well that's not going to be easy for Cabana by any means, his opponent tonight, Bill Goldberg, perhaps best known for his time in WCW where he went undefeated in his first 173 matches an irreplaceable feat for sure, and most recent last year he came to XWL for a brief stint where he challenged the then undefeated Mason Ryan at Final Stand. Then two weeks ago Bill Goldberg came back to XWL from his over year long absence, but the question is will the streak be unleashed here tonight in his return match?

As Goldberg walks down to the ring he shows little fan fare then as he reaches ringside he climbs up to the apron and enters the ring as his theme fades out

The referee signals for the bell as he begins the match with Colt Cabana and Goldberg stand either side of the ring for each other they walk towards the middle and lock up, but Goldberg easily overpowers Cabana pushing him out of the lock up back into his corner

Joey Styles: Just looks at the strength of Goldberg, he just completely overpowered Colt right there.

Surprised at Goldberg's strength, Colt gets up from his knee's and extends his arms in the air going to lock up again as Goldberg obliges raising his arms up to lock up with Colt once more. As their hands get near, Colt quickly High Fives Goldberg, but Goldberg doesn't see the funny side of it, and he starts to beat down Colt with punches, beating him into the corner of the ring then grabbing Colt's arm and whipping him hard into the opposite corner of the ring then quickly following up with a Clothesline in the corner then without letting up any space throwing Colt over his shoulders with a Belly to Belly Suplex!

Joey Styles: He made a mistake there, Bill Goldberg isn't in a laughing mood tonight at all and he's going to town on Cabana.

Goldberg grabs Colt by the head and picks him back up before whipping him into the ropes, then on the rebound Goldberg swings his arm trying to hit Colt with another Clothesline, but Cabana ducks out of the way continuing running then as he reaches the ropes, Colt jumps hitting the middle ropes and spring-boarding back hitting Goldberg with a Moonsault landing it perfectly, then he grabs Goldberg's legs and turns him over in his patented Billy Goat's Curse!

Joey Styles: Colt could have him here, this could be a huge upset right here!

Before Colt can really lock the hold in Goldberg using his leg strength powers out of the submission and quickly getting back to his feet, where Colt's stood in front of him

Colt Cabana: Look up!

Colt points up, and Goldberg casually looks up and before he looks back at Colt, Cabana slaps him across the face, and some of the crowd laugh, then Colt start to run the ropes, bouncing off them and running back but Goldberg's still stood there and grabs Colt by the throat and hoists him up in the air using his other hand to grab Colt's legs in a Military Press position slowly turning around as the crowd cheer at his impressive show of strength before dropping Colt hitting him on the way down with a Spinebuster, flattening Cabana on the mat.

Joey Styles: He's just flattened Colt there, this one could be over very soon

Colt quickly gets back up holding his stomach, which is clearly hurting from the previous move, and Goldberg grabs Colt again by the head and hooking his arm as if he's about to do a suplex to Colt but instead he starts to knee Colt in the stomach hard, then again and again then planting Colt with a Swinging Snap Neckbreaker then going for the cover

Joey Styles: What a Neckbreaker by Goldberg! And he's going for the cover.

1!

2!

Joey Styles: That was close right there for Goldberg, he's been dominant so far, but Colt managed to kick out just in time.

As Cabana lays on the mat, Goldberg stands up and walks over to the furthest point of the ring to Colt and waits in prone for Colt to get back to his feet as the crowd know exactly what Goldberg is about to do

Joey Styles: But if he hits this spear then it could well be all over here early on in the match, He's looking for the devastating Spear.

Using the ropes Colt pulls himself back up to his feet, still holding his stomach still hurting from previously and he slowly turns back around and Goldberg charges at him going for the Spear but Colt manages to jump over him and runs at the ropes again, as Goldberg manages to stop himself before he falls out of the ring

Joey Styles: That was a close call for Cabana, using his surprising agility there to dodge Goldberg and he's going to have to act fast if he's going to stay in this match up.

Then running back and hitting Goldberg with a Lariat, but Goldberg no sells it, as Colt looks surprised, then going to kick Goldberg in the stomach, but Goldberg grabs his leg, then with his other hand he grabs Colt by the throat, lifting him up in the air and Chokeslamming Colt back to the ring mat

Joey Styles: And Goldberg cuts him down again, he just looks too strong for Colt to deal with.

With Colt exactly where he wants him, Goldberg grabs Colt and pulls him back up to his feet and grabs him in a Pumphandle hold and lifting him up to his shoulders, but Colt manages to slip off Goldberg's shoulders behind him then quickly hitting Goldberg into a turnbuckle with a Double Knee to his back

Joey Styles: This is Colt's chance right here, he caught Goldberg off his guard and now is his chance!

With Goldberg reeling, Colt hits Goldberg in the head with an Elbow, followed by another and another when winding up and hitting him with one more Bionic Elbow, but Goldberg manages to stay on his feet so Colt takes a few steps backwards and shouts out to the crowd

Colt Cabana: Flying Asshole!

Colt runs to Goldberg jumping Ass first, but Goldberg rolls out of the way and Colt hits the turnbuckle hard, whilst Goldberg charges at the ropes then runs back at Cabana flying at him with a Spear splatting Colt on the mat!

Joey Styles: SPEAR! Goldberg's connected with the Spear! This one could be over!

Goldberg jumps up from the floor as the crowd start cheering loudly  and Bill points up in the air signalling for the Jackhammer then turning around grabbing Colt by the head again and hoisting him up in the air but he starts to kick in the air forcing Goldberg to drop him back down in front of him then Colt kicks Goldberg in the stomach and quickly hooks his arms and lifts him up onto his shoulder then drops him with the Colt .45! Then going for the cover.

Joey Styles: Colt's got him! He could win it right now.

1!

2!

3!

Joey Styles: And it's over Colt Cabana has beat Goldberg here tonight.

As the referee counts the three count he signals for the bell and his theme starts play through the PA system

When Colt gets back to his feet the referee raises his arm in victory with Colt looking surprised at picking up the victory

Joey Styles: It wasn't easy for Colt in the slightest, but he's managed to pull it out of the bag tonight against such a formidable opponent.

Colt climbs up the turnbuckle raising his arms up in the air celebrating his big win before exiting the ring and he starts the high five the fans at ringside

Joey Styles: It's now three in a row for Colt in XWL as the Digital Decision pre-show rolls on, congratulations to Colt Cabana.

As Colt walks up the ramp high fiving the fans on his way up as the logo for Digital Decision comes across the screen

Joey Styles:
Talk about a thriller, how Cabana was able to pull that one is beyond me. That’s definitely ending this show on a high-note, and while this broadcast may be coming to a close, in a few minutes Digital Decision will be getting started and you don’t want to miss not even a second of the action. Every title will be on the line, some champions don’t know their challengers whole others don’t know what match they’ll be competing in! Old scores will be settled and new rivalries could get started on a show with a stacked card which damn near guarantees an action-packed night. I can ask nicely, I can beg you, but I can’t force you to order the show, though I promise you that you won’t regret the decision to take the plunge. If you’ve already got the popcorn in the oven then see you on the other side! But regardless, there’s still some time to get your votes out people! This is the one night in XWL where you have complete control over an entire show! This is Joey Styles signing out; good night everybody.
Back to top Go down

XWL.com Exclusive: Digital Decision Pre-Show
Page 1 of 1