Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nitro
Mid Card

XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon. Empty
PostSubject: XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon.   XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 5:55 am

XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon. DofWo0
As the video would start to play on XWL.COM, we would be shown the word "Villain" flash on screen. Following the word flickering colors would appear on screen, even a man in the left side of the screen would faintly be seen. Around ten seconds later though the word "Villain" would boldly be shown on screen, however now underneath the word laid another two words. Those words a bit smaller than the top, but these two words were "Marty Scurll". Before we could even try to make anything out of the visual, the screen would flicker before cutting to pure darkness. The silence would last for three seconds before finally it would break, however the screen would remain pitch black. The faint sound of something tapping would be heard, but clearly it was tapping in rhythm, however what rhythm would it be? For that matter, what was making this noise, or better yet who was making this noise? Within three seconds that question would be answered as a static noise and visual on screen would be shown before we would jump cut to a black and white video feed.

XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon. G_j8L7

A man, presumably Marty Scurll, was shown with his back turned to the camera. A fur coat would drape over his body, and now the only thing of interest we could see was his head moving along with the tapping noise. After the static noise would come back for a brief second we would jump cut to a camera angle that was low on the ground, basically showing the floor. In the middle of the shot though was a lone black umbrella and now we would learn that it was this object that would be making the tapping noise. Just as quickly as we saw the umbrella though, it was soon gone after the small static came back before jump cutting back to the camera angle where we saw the back of Marty Scurll. This time though the static noise would not fade out, instead the noise only got louder. During this raise in volume, Marty would be seen slowly turning around however the feed seemed to be damaged as the video almost would be skipping frames making the spin a bit choppy. Once he was facing the camera, we could now see Marty Scurll was wearing a thick pair of glasses, he had a white dress shirt underneath the fur coat, and he even wore a black tie around his neck. A bright smile would be shown on the face of Scurll, and now with the static gone we would hear the sound of his umbrella tapping away at the floor still in rhythm. The first words ever spoken on an XWL branded segment for Marty Scurll would certainly not be typical, but instead it would be Marty singing lyrics from the song "Fly Me To The Moon" by Frank Sinatra.

XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon. I8mr_h

[Marty Scurll]
♫Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On a, Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss... me.♫

With each word that "The Villain" would sing out, it all would line up with the tapping of the umbrella he was doing. However once he got to the final line of the verse he would mistime it. The last word "me" would come after a small pause and as he said the word his facial expression would turn from that of happiness, to instead looking pissed beyond belief. The umbrella also would stop tapping against the floor as Marty would move his right arm up, bringing the umbrella up into the air to rest on top of his shoulder and beside his neck. His left hand would move up now to grip his glasses before pulling them off of his face, exposing his eyes to us for the first time. Just as the glasses would come off of his face, the sound of static would reign back in and we would jump cut to a different camera angle. This one being more to the right side of Marty's body, aiming at the side of his face while he would begin to speak.

[Marty Scurll]
The moon is to good ol' Frank, as the XWL is to Marty Scurll. Why is that? It's simple, you see good ol' Frank wanted to play among the stars! Good ol' Frank wanted to see what spring was like, but what does Marty want? Well I to want to play among the stars! I want to see what the talent looks like here in the XWL! Why though? It's quite simple actually, much more simple than you may think. Let's call it a drug, but no-no-no, not just any drug... For the drug of choice for The Villain is professional wrestling, but how do you get pro wrestling in your blood stream? You can't fill up a syringe with wrestling, you can't smoke wrestling, but.. you're thinking inside the box right now. Move your arms into the air and push open the flaps! Step outside the box and welcome yourself to the land of creativity! The land where you can be addicted to the drug known as professional wrestling, and to get it in your bloodstream is simple... You go scrappin' inside that ring.

After saying this, the static noise would hit and the camera angle would jump cut suddenly. Now we would be back at the angle where Marty was directly in front of us. A grin on his face as he would move his left hand up towards his neck. His nails scratching the skin up and down as he moved his hand quickly, and as he did this a laugh would just pass through his lips. That laugh however would be interrupted by the sound of static again, and yet another jump cut. Though the angle was mainly the same as the previous one, only this time the camera was zoomed in to only focus on Scurll's face. With a brief grin being displayed now, he would soon begin to speak again.

[Marty Scurll]
I haven't been scrappin' in a ring for over a month now, and let's just say i'm a wee-bit antsy. I need my fix, and oh my-oh my, what a lucky day it is for me! XWL returns to television soon with a show by the name of Anarchy, and let the record show that come the return of XWL..... The Villain will.... get... his... fix.

The sounds of laughter would be heard right after Marty Scurll finished his last line, however at first it wasn't Marty who was the one laughing. Though three seconds after the laughter started Marty would be shown laughing, though the audio clearly was off. Suddenly a few more audio tracks of The Villain laughing would join the one already playing, creating a weird echo effect on the feed. The laughing however would be drowned out with a loud blast of the static noise, the feed cutting to black before the word "Villain" would be shown on screen. Following the word we also would see Marty's face to the left of the word, while flashing colors would flicker on screen. That also however would soon cut out to black ending the debut look at, "The Villain" Marty Scurll.

XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon. 0lqDgP
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon.   XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 6:10 am

Out of the dark, I'm getting closer! Great job I read it in his voice, captured his mannerisms well.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon.   XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 12:09 pm

As someone who has no knowledge of Marty I'm not really a gauge on how you nailed his character, but what I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed the promo. It tells you who he is, what he's like, and this gives us a really detailed look at one of XWL's new stars. I always like when promos have that one perfect ending line and based on the story you set, that line was there, and I really liked it. Good stuff! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon.   XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL.COM Exclusive: Fly Me To The Moon.
Page 1 of 1