Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Suggestions/Ideas?

Go down 
+11
RCP
DashingDJUrie
Kyle
P.R Son
Brady Bunch
TheKrzyOne
T-Roll
Shane
Jimmy
KingWolf
TheFilthParade
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay so it's painfully obvious XWL isn't what it once was, We want to get it back to what it was, and I'm sure all you do too.
So as usual, We've come to you for an ideas or suggestions you have...anything. Be it about titles, how cards are booked...even things we can add/do...Tournaments or whatever.

Just anything you think could be good, suggest it and the admins will discuss any ideas. :boss
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Sissel
Jobber
Sissel

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:50 pm

Sorry to .. uhh.. but in here, but exactly IS XAT Chat?
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:58 pm

Sissel wrote:
Sorry to .. uhh.. but in here, but exactly IS XAT Chat?

Truthfully I haven't used one in so long I'm not entirely sure what new changes it may have or not but the basic definition thanks to Google...

"A social networking site which allows users to browse and participate in free chat rooms, form or join chat groups and even create your own chat rooms."

Of course in this case XWL would make one and then embed it on the front page of the site. The reason it's been dismissed in the past is because everyone mostly used MSN/Skype so it was viewed as unnecessary. But really right now it couldn't hurt, and would get those that are hardcore campaigning for it, to then focus on something perhaps more beneficial overall. Because I think we can all agree that arguing over adding some chat or not is a waste of everyone's time.  But I already covered that in my post on the last page, so I'll just go back to be helpful. Oh and everyone better go back and read Krzy's post too, now I'll go back to being helpful.

It gives features like private chatting with someone, which could be an alternative to sending PMs. It doesn't let you add your own emotes if I recall correctly though. You can add a picture to your icon on the chat like it were MSN/Skype or whatever. It can make a noise to alert you of new messages. That's about all that comes to mind but you'd probably learn more by searching it on Google yourself.
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:25 pm

Just going to throw in XAT has a directory which it puts chats in and sorts by activity. You can attach the link and usually people who're looking for wrestling sites will find it so you'll get a couple members every month that way. (That is if you talk to guests that join the chat immediately.)

And yeah agree with most said. Good post by Krzy.

As for advertising, I'm not really willing to go out and send messages to people since, firstly I just can't because I don't have an Xbox One, and secondly it's just a hassle... not willing to post on boards either, really...

But, if whoever does want to physically send things wants me to type things out, I'd be fine with that. I generally know what to send to people because I've done it a lot.

I think advertising using multiple people doing small parts is really the best way. I used to make multiple accounts on many different sites to do it all myself and it just really wasn't possible to sustain. Advertising effectively is too much work for one person.
Back to top Go down
TGetz
Jobber
TGetz

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:10 am

Kyle wrote:
KingWolf wrote:
It's just another of many ways to reinvent the fun
I don't see it that way. I'm sorry but I just don't. As mentioned, it's not like bringing that in if I choose to, is magically going to make people say yay I have the chat I want I'm gonna start being more active. That's just not right. I'm all for possibly bringing it in, but, that's not changing the fact that right now people haven't been doing enough. I've almost thought of shutting this down until 2k16 because of how things have been activity wise and I'm one of the main people who still wants to keep it going. So you can't tell me bringing in a new chat is going to magically fix the lack of activity.

It isn't that it'll MAKE people feel the NEED to be more active because there's a chat, it gets people to actually be interactive. I'm here no matter if theres a chat or not, but I'll enjoy my experience that much more, with there being a chat. It's all about the experience, and thats 75% of what makes you active.
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:12 am

TGetz wrote:
Kyle wrote:
KingWolf wrote:
It's just another of many ways to reinvent the fun
I don't see it that way. I'm sorry but I just don't. As mentioned, it's not like bringing that in if I choose to, is magically going to make people say yay I have the chat I want I'm gonna start being more active. That's just not right. I'm all for possibly bringing it in, but, that's not changing the fact that right now people haven't been doing enough. I've almost thought of shutting this down until 2k16 because of how things have been activity wise and I'm one of the main people who still wants to keep it going. So you can't tell me bringing in a new chat is going to magically fix the lack of activity.

It isn't that it'll MAKE people feel the NEED to be more active because there's a chat, it gets people to actually be interactive. I'm here no matter if theres a chat or not, but I'll enjoy my experience that much more, with there being a chat. It's all about the experience, and thats 75% of what makes you active.
I agree.

But I think we should move past the chat.

So, who's willing to advertise? Smile
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 4:03 am

XAT isn't going to be a magical fix. RCP is the only member thar ever brings it up, and he's not even a proper member. Plus, it's hard to take advice from RCP coming in telling us what we should do like he's not really had an active league from his 10 leagues he's made, all die within a month.

Got to here with no XAT, it's not going to make a difference. But if kyle and Krzy want to add it then feel free. But if you need a chat to be able to promo and do matches then thats just odd.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 8:48 am

My whole point with my view on the xat chat, is that you guys are acting as if it's the only chat there is, when the chatbox we have now is no different. It's still a chat. You can still click someone's name and bring up their profile to pm them. The only thing xat has going for it is the fact that you can do this all through another "window" and then it has a sound that lets you know when a new message is going on.

I've never said that I'm completely opposed to adding it to the site. I just didn't appreciate how you guys didn't seem to see it from our side. I see where you're coming from. A new chat could get people interacting and such. My point of view was that, the way you guys kept wording it, made it seem like having this chat is going to be the thing that turns things around for the better. When there's plenty of things that need to be done period. To try and sort things out. Compared to adding a chat and hoping that's going to suddenly make people active. People need to want to be active because they love this place and love the community. I'm willing to bring in things but it has to be more than a chat.

I kept shooting it down, because this is a thread for suggestions as a whole, and everytime this is brought up it goes on for pages and pages because some people like it and some don't. So then the focus gets taken away from the fact that we need to think up other actual ideas that would help. As I think it could help, I really do but, I don't see it helping as much as you're thinking. Could it be the start, sure but, it's not the only thing. That simple fact is why I wanted people to stop talking about that for a bit and at the least suggest something else. I've said countless times I'm willing to try it out, but, I want this thread to have OTHER suggestions too.

We need to get this place back on the up and up. I didn't help David run this league back in april of 2009, when I was a ps3 outsider just for fun, I did it and have done it since then because I love this place. I have tons of fun here and love interacting with the community. I didn't go out and get a 360 and become an actual member for one reason I did it for several. So now that I've said I'm going to look into this, I want this thread to get back to what the point was, discussing SEVERAL ideas to help bring things back.

To clarify I don't hate xat. We used to use it on our first website I built. I enjoyed it. I just didn't like how, for the most part, it kept being made like this is the thing we need to add first and foremost to start to turn things around. As that's always the first thing that gets mentioned. I get that's because it's cool. Which is fine. It's just I personally don't think that that's the first suggestion someone should always have. As if we did have one what then? We've spent pages "arguing" over a chatbox instead of focusing on trying to bring in more ideas to get this place fun again.

When I said I was considering closing shop until 2k16 that killed me. This place is more than a league to me. It's a family. So when we come to you guys for threads like this. We want to hear any and all opinions. So I'm sorry if I came off a little harsh, but all we kept seeing mentioned was xat, xat, xat, and nothing else. That then makes me think well what am I fighting for if that's all anyone can suggest. I love this place I really do. I want to keep it around and I'm going to do my hardest to do that, but, we can't keep it around with your help. Any and all ideas. That's the point Gaz and myself were trying to make when we said "xat isn't magically going to fix things" We need more than just that guys.

Cliffnotes
>I'm looking into bringing in XAT.
>I want you to realize though that this thread should have more suggestions than just that. As that's always suggested every time we do this thread. That, to the admins, can become a little annoying. As we're going to have differing opinions on whether we believe that'll truly bring activity back.
>I love this place and I want to hear MORE IDEAS. We don't just keep this around for you. We enjoy it too. We're not just admins. We're members too. So lets work together to help bring things back to what they once were. Or at least try to.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 10:52 am

Kyle wrote:
the chatbox we have now is no different. It's still a chat. You can still click someone's name and bring up their profile to pm them.
No. XAT is a much more user-friendly, usable interface and guests can see it too so they can ask questions or get a feel for the league before joining.

Fn wrote:

I've never said that I'm completely opposed to adding it to the site. I just didn't appreciate how you guys didn't seem to see it from our side.
I posted two words, "XAT Chat." That shouldn't be enough to evoke a hostile reaction and pages of ish.

Fn wrote:
the way you guys kept wording it,
But all I said was, "XAT Chat."

Fn wrote:
adding a chat and hoping that's going to suddenly make people active.
Nobody adds things and hope they work. You gotta work w/things and do other things as well. Like advertising which keeps getting ignored when I bring it up even tho y'all keep saying you want other ideas.

Fn wrote:
it has to be more than a chat.
A chat isn't a one-step solution so, yes, it does need to be more than a chat, but that doesn't mean it can't also be a chat.

Fn wrote:
I kept shooting it down, because this is a thread for suggestions as a whole, and everytime this is brought up it goes on for pages and pages because some people like it and some don't.
I don't understand disliking it. Don't like it then don't use it. Is it taking away from the current chat's activity? And it is a thread for suggestions as a whole. A chat is one of them. If we want to talk about other suggestions, reply to any of the numerous of them in the first 4 pages before XAT got brought up or reply to any of the posts on advertising since then.

Fn wrote:
So then the focus gets taken away from the fact that we need to think up other actual ideas that would help.
I don't really understand this. Plz clarify.

Fn wrote:
As I think it could help, I really do but, I don't see it helping as much as you're thinking.
All that I was thinking was it would get people in the chat. That's a step farther than we have right now.

Fn wrote:
Could it be the start, sure but, it's not the only thing. That simple fact is why I wanted people to stop talking about that for a bit and at the least suggest something else.
Correct.

Fn wrote:
this is the thing we need to add first and foremost to start to turn things around. As that's always the first thing that gets mentioned.
Unsure where either of these opinions came from. It was first mentioned on page four by just stating the name of it.

Fn wrote:
all we kept seeing mentioned was xat, xat, xat, and nothing else.
I revived a dead thread to bring it up. Is that really such a terrible thing to do?

TheFilthParade wrote:
Plus, it's hard to take advice from RCP coming in telling us what we should do like he's not really had an active league from his 10 leagues he's made, all die within a month.
What league have you started that stuck and succeeded? It seems XWL is certainly thriving under your administration.

There's no need to throw shots. Stop that.

TheFilthParade wrote:

Got to here with no XAT, it's not going to make a difference.
But where is here? And, by that logic, we've gotten here without much advertisements -- are those pointless too? Typically speaking, 'change' is going to be something we haven't had before. Is change pointless then? Should XWL continue as it has always been and stay the course? I'd like to think if that were entirely true then this thread should just be deleted.

Since we need to talk about other things so badly, how about advertising. I think that's a key to bringing XWL back since...

XWL's Need = Members/Activity

Advertising ---> League Exposure ---> Members ---> Activity ---> Everyone Happy

ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TGetz
Jobber
TGetz

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 10:56 am

Sorry if you thought I was being forceful with saying we should get an XAT chat and that it would fix everything. I was just agreeing with RCP about having an XAT chat, because I thought about suggesting it, but through a PM because yeah, it's not going to fix activity issues and get us more members, like this thread is ultimately about.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 11:05 am

Yeah, I'm the only admin and completely to blame for people being lazy. The reason i said about your leagues, is yet again you've come here just to act like you know more than everybody else. You did the same in your last run here, that's why many people changed their opinion of you. Your "ideas" just come across as you thinking you know it all.
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:01 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
Your "ideas" just come across as you thinking you know it all.
Maybe they do. Not my intention.

But I'm just not quite sure how, "XAT Chat," which was all that I posted, is deserving of two overly-sarcastic comments by you and Shuggz. The name of a chat just shouldn't be offensive to people, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sissel
Jobber
Sissel

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:10 pm

The only thing I can suggest at this point to stop this whole "XAT Chat" thing, is to just have everyone involved in the league take a vote on it.. (which probably means a new thread), if the votes come back yes, we go for it, if no, we don't go for it, this is just a whole arguement leading to no-where but enemies.
Back to top Go down
TGetz
Jobber
TGetz

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Sissel wrote:
The only thing I can suggest at this point to stop this whole "XAT Chat" thing, is to just have everyone involved in the league take a vote on it.. (which probably means a new thread), if the votes come back yes, we go for it, if no, we don't go for it, this is just a whole arguement leading to no-where but enemies.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 4:12 pm

RCP wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:
Your "ideas" just come across as you thinking you know it all.
Maybe they do. Not my intention.

But I'm just not quite sure how, "XAT Chat," which was all that I posted, is deserving of two overly-sarcastic comments by you and Shuggz. The name of a chat just shouldn't be offensive to people, in my opinion.
It's not the name of it, it's that from what we recall, that was your only main suggestion you'd always push for every time we did a thread like this. So to some of us, admins included, it became a little annoying. As you would suggest it in what seemed like every little thread when we'd ask for suggestions and you couldn't come up with other things as well. So it got tiring seeing that one suggestion over and over. As far as it goes I already said I was going to look into adding it so it needn't be discussed anymore.

As far as what else can be done, I'm not sure but, that's the point of this thread. I've already mentioned the idea of advertizing. That, I'm willing to take the fore front on but, I can't do it alone. Several of us should go around advertizing. Considering, I've tried several places already, including IGN (our original home) and 2k's own site, and both of those only allow one advertizing post period.

So to those who are saying I haven't I've been trying but it's not exactly easy to come up with places all by myself. When there's not many other places we can look that are active. Gamingring is dead for the most part. Caws.ws doesn't like advertizing I don't think. Neither does smacktalks. So that's why I wanted more ideas than just "hey lets add this chat and hey we should advertize"
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
Mid Card
Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:32 pm

Dunno if it would help but I could bring in like 4-5 solid members who would Enjoy this league and be solid members overall.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Jimmy wrote:
Dunno if it would help but I could bring in like 4-5 solid members who would Enjoy this league and be solid members overall.

ofcourse it would help lol
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:59 pm

Jimmy wrote:
I'm bringing in 2 friends, Right now their debating who to be.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
Mid Card
Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 6:21 pm

Alright Ill get to it.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 6:29 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

ofcourse it would help lol
What he said. We also know that if you could, along with Matt and several others, you'd have not left if you could have gotten your XB1 by now. So, like Gaz said, of course it would help lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions/Ideas?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4