An Xbox One online league for the WWE 2K17 videogame.
 
HomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» XWL Anarchy: 7/24/2017 - 7/31/2017
Today at 1:52 pm by Plus

» New Availability: Braun Strowman!
Today at 1:52 pm by Plus

» Here's to the greatest...
Yesterday at 11:23 pm by T-Roll

» XWL Anarchy: 7/17/2017 - 7/24/2017
Yesterday at 4:30 pm by imagohard2nite

» XWL Anarchy Backstage Exclusive: AJ and Finn respond to Taker
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:36 am by Stunner

» Official Looking For A Feud Thread
Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:18 am by BOFA

» PPV Awards: Cyberslam
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:39 am by P.R Son

» XWL Cyberslam: 7/3/2017 - 7/17/2017
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:57 pm by P.R Son

» HERE IT IS
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:38 am by Sam

» The End of Days
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:49 pm by P.R Son

CONTACT ADMINS

Have any questions? Need to let the administration team know something? Don't hesitate to send one of the listed admins a private message! We are happy to help, and will gladly assist you in any way you need assistance. So remember, message any of us listed admins below, and we'll get to work on the issue you need resolving/question you need answering.

DAVID
league owner

KYLE
co-owner

AUSTIN
graphics

TYLER
weekly booking

JOSH
points management

LEGAL
card formatting

TACO
statistical analyst

Quick Links


Share | 
 

 Suggestions/Ideas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 3200
Likes : 66
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 25
Location : Halifax, England

PostSubject: Suggestions/Ideas?   Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay so it's painfully obvious XWL isn't what it once was, We want to get it back to what it was, and I'm sure all you do too.
So as usual, We've come to you for an ideas or suggestions you have...anything. Be it about titles, how cards are booked...even things we can add/do...Tournaments or whatever.


Just anything you think could be good, suggest it and the admins will discuss any ideas. :boss
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
TGetz
Jobber
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 57
Likes : 1
Join date : 2014-11-23
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:46 pm

A good way I found a couple years ago with a fed was having your own YouTube channel, having someone good with editing and etc run the channel and make advertisements, show better of our matches from the match card, make storyline videos, etc. Having a FaceBook page with good graphics and updates with the league and storylines, posting the YouTube videos onto there. Also going further with each superstar having their own twitter, tweeting about there upcoming match, especially the strap holders. But you also got to push the links out there, no matter what it's all advertisement but you have a YouTube channel someone's going to find you, you have a FaceBook page, someone will find you, we have twitter accounts, someone will see them and if we link the YouTube Channel, the FaceBook page to our twitter's people will see them too. It's basically like what WWE is doing, they're going into all these social media outlets because thats how stuff gets noticed today. Social media is everywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 541
Likes : 11
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 21
Location : Jersey Shore Bay Bay

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:48 pm

@TGetz wrote:
A good way I found a couple years ago with a fed was having your own YouTube channel, having someone good with editing and etc run the channel and make advertisements, show better of our matches from the match card, make storyline videos, etc. Having a FaceBook page with good graphics and updates with the league and storylines, posting the YouTube videos onto there. Also going further with each superstar having their own twitter, tweeting about there upcoming match, especially the strap holders. But you also got to push the links out there, no matter what it's all advertisement but you have a YouTube channel someone's going to find you, you have a FaceBook page, someone will find you, we have twitter accounts, someone will see them and if we link the YouTube Channel, the FaceBook page to our twitter's people will see them too. It's basically like what WWE is doing, they're going into all these social media outlets because thats how stuff gets noticed today. Social media is everywhere.
Hate to be simplistic but I'm kind of busy at the moment, I'm guessing you're referring to the leagues such as FaM who include popular youtubers which boosted their viewership.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RCP
Mid Card
Mid Card


Posts : 102
Likes : -2
Join date : 2014-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:50 pm

@TGetz wrote:
A good way I found a couple years ago with a fed was having your own YouTube channel, having someone good with editing and etc run the channel and make advertisements, show better of our matches from the match card, make storyline videos, etc. Having a FaceBook page with good graphics and updates with the league and storylines, posting the YouTube videos onto there. Also going further with each superstar having their own twitter, tweeting about there upcoming match, especially the strap holders. But you also got to push the links out there, no matter what it's all advertisement but you have a YouTube channel someone's going to find you, you have a FaceBook page, someone will find you, we have twitter accounts, someone will see them and if we link the YouTube Channel, the FaceBook page to our twitter's people will see them too. It's basically like what WWE is doing, they're going into all these social media outlets because thats how stuff gets noticed today. Social media is everywhere.

All good points. The only thing I'd kinda question is the individual twitter accounts. It could work well for advertising, but I'm not sure every single member would be willing to commit to that.

YouTube is probably the best outlet listed there because YouTube videos are PERMANENT. Someone will see it, maybe even months/years later, and give it a click. Then they'll notice it's still running.

If the twitter thing were to run, I'd suggest you guys following a bunch of random WWE-related pages. It'd get people to notice you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 541
Likes : 11
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 21
Location : Jersey Shore Bay Bay

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:56 pm

@RCP wrote:
@TGetz wrote:
A good way I found a couple years ago with a fed was having your own YouTube channel, having someone good with editing and etc run the channel and make advertisements, show better of our matches from the match card, make storyline videos, etc. Having a FaceBook page with good graphics and updates with the league and storylines, posting the YouTube videos onto there. Also going further with each superstar having their own twitter, tweeting about there upcoming match, especially the strap holders. But you also got to push the links out there, no matter what it's all advertisement but you have a YouTube channel someone's going to find you, you have a FaceBook page, someone will find you, we have twitter accounts, someone will see them and if we link the YouTube Channel, the FaceBook page to our twitter's people will see them too. It's basically like what WWE is doing, they're going into all these social media outlets because thats how stuff gets noticed today. Social media is everywhere.

All good points. The only thing I'd kinda question is the individual twitter accounts. It could work well for advertising, but I'm not sure every single member would be willing to commit to that.

YouTube is probably the best outlet listed there because YouTube videos are PERMANENT. Someone will see it, maybe even months/years later, and give it a click. Then they'll notice it's still running.

If the twitter thing were to run, I'd suggest you guys following a bunch of random WWE-related pages. It'd get people to notice you.


We record our matches regularly, Not everyone but we have used YouTube for that specific reason. Advertising on YouTube could bring newer eyes to the forums and they'll give it a trial run, I'm a good prime example of how 2k forums aren't helpless. The initial set up was delightful and fit my needs, Sure I had to adjust to the promos being mandatory. Which I'm sure is another big reason why XWL is on a downfall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer
Main Eventer


Posts : 2278
Likes : 107
Join date : 2011-04-05
Age : 12

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:08 pm

@KingWolf wrote:
promos being mandatory. Which I'm sure is another big reason why XWL is on a downfall.
!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DashingDJUrie
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 393
Likes : -3
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 20
Location : The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:11 pm

You think XWL is on a downfall because people have to promo every TWO weeks? #Whatapleb #HopeOwensloses #makeKrzychamp #FACT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shane
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 221
Likes : -8
Join date : 2014-07-03
Age : 19
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:17 pm

@KingWolf wrote:
@RCP wrote:
@TGetz wrote:
A good way I found a couple years ago with a fed was having your own YouTube channel, having someone good with editing and etc run the channel and make advertisements, show better of our matches from the match card, make storyline videos, etc. Having a FaceBook page with good graphics and updates with the league and storylines, posting the YouTube videos onto there. Also going further with each superstar having their own twitter, tweeting about there upcoming match, especially the strap holders. But you also got to push the links out there, no matter what it's all advertisement but you have a YouTube channel someone's going to find you, you have a FaceBook page, someone will find you, we have twitter accounts, someone will see them and if we link the YouTube Channel, the FaceBook page to our twitter's people will see them too. It's basically like what WWE is doing, they're going into all these social media outlets because thats how stuff gets noticed today. Social media is everywhere.

All good points. The only thing I'd kinda question is the individual twitter accounts. It could work well for advertising, but I'm not sure every single member would be willing to commit to that.

YouTube is probably the best outlet listed there because YouTube videos are PERMANENT. Someone will see it, maybe even months/years later, and give it a click. Then they'll notice it's still running.

If the twitter thing were to run, I'd suggest you guys following a bunch of random WWE-related pages. It'd get people to notice you.


We record our matches regularly, Not everyone but we have used YouTube for that specific reason. Advertising on YouTube could bring newer eyes to the forums and they'll give it a trial run, I'm a good prime example of how 2k forums aren't helpless. The initial set up was delightful and fit my needs, Sure I had to adjust to the promos being mandatory. Which I'm sure is another big reason why XWL is on a downfall.
Promos need to be mandatory otherwise whats the point. If there is a specific reason why you can't, tell the admins not that hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGetz
Jobber
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 57
Likes : 1
Join date : 2014-11-23
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:29 pm

@Shane wrote:
@KingWolf wrote:
@RCP wrote:
@TGetz wrote:
A good way I found a couple years ago with a fed was having your own YouTube channel, having someone good with editing and etc run the channel and make advertisements, show better of our matches from the match card, make storyline videos, etc. Having a FaceBook page with good graphics and updates with the league and storylines, posting the YouTube videos onto there. Also going further with each superstar having their own twitter, tweeting about there upcoming match, especially the strap holders. But you also got to push the links out there, no matter what it's all advertisement but you have a YouTube channel someone's going to find you, you have a FaceBook page, someone will find you, we have twitter accounts, someone will see them and if we link the YouTube Channel, the FaceBook page to our twitter's people will see them too. It's basically like what WWE is doing, they're going into all these social media outlets because thats how stuff gets noticed today. Social media is everywhere.

All good points. The only thing I'd kinda question is the individual twitter accounts. It could work well for advertising, but I'm not sure every single member would be willing to commit to that.

YouTube is probably the best outlet listed there because YouTube videos are PERMANENT. Someone will see it, maybe even months/years later, and give it a click. Then they'll notice it's still running.

If the twitter thing were to run, I'd suggest you guys following a bunch of random WWE-related pages. It'd get people to notice you.


We record our matches regularly, Not everyone but we have used YouTube for that specific reason. Advertising on YouTube could bring newer eyes to the forums and they'll give it a trial run, I'm a good prime example of how 2k forums aren't helpless. The initial set up was delightful and fit my needs, Sure I had to adjust to the promos being mandatory. Which I'm sure is another big reason why XWL is on a downfall.
Promos need to be mandatory otherwise whats the point. If there is a specific reason why you can't, tell the admins not that hard.

Exactly, storylines and promo's are the core of the fed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RCP
Mid Card
Mid Card


Posts : 102
Likes : -2
Join date : 2014-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:37 pm

@KingWolf wrote:


We record our matches regularly, Not everyone but we have used YouTube for that specific reason.

I'm aware. I used to be in the league.

@KingWolf wrote:

I'm a good prime example of how 2k forums aren't helpless.
They aren't helpless, but they are irrelevant. Nothing we do now affects the 2k advertisement. We've already used our only post there.

@KingWolf wrote:

The initial set up was delightful and fit my needs, Sure I had to adjust to the promos being mandatory. Which I'm sure is another big reason why XWL is on a downfall.

Promos were essentially always mandatory. The only difference before was that people were allowed to not promo and waste their wrestlers instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 541
Likes : 11
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 21
Location : Jersey Shore Bay Bay

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:20 am

@DashingDJUrie wrote:
You think XWL is on a downfall because people have to promo every TWO weeks? #Whatapleb #HopeOwensloses #makeKrzychamp #FACT
It's not the promo themselves being the issue, It's the thought in your head "Oh fuck I have to promo now" Maybe it's me because my promo's take 3 to 4 hours long
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 541
Likes : 11
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 21
Location : Jersey Shore Bay Bay

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:21 am

@Shane wrote:
@KingWolf wrote:
@RCP wrote:
@TGetz wrote:
A good way I found a couple years ago with a fed was having your own YouTube channel, having someone good with editing and etc run the channel and make advertisements, show better of our matches from the match card, make storyline videos, etc. Having a FaceBook page with good graphics and updates with the league and storylines, posting the YouTube videos onto there. Also going further with each superstar having their own twitter, tweeting about there upcoming match, especially the strap holders. But you also got to push the links out there, no matter what it's all advertisement but you have a YouTube channel someone's going to find you, you have a FaceBook page, someone will find you, we have twitter accounts, someone will see them and if we link the YouTube Channel, the FaceBook page to our twitter's people will see them too. It's basically like what WWE is doing, they're going into all these social media outlets because thats how stuff gets noticed today. Social media is everywhere.

All good points. The only thing I'd kinda question is the individual twitter accounts. It could work well for advertising, but I'm not sure every single member would be willing to commit to that.

YouTube is probably the best outlet listed there because YouTube videos are PERMANENT. Someone will see it, maybe even months/years later, and give it a click. Then they'll notice it's still running.

If the twitter thing were to run, I'd suggest you guys following a bunch of random WWE-related pages. It'd get people to notice you.


We record our matches regularly, Not everyone but we have used YouTube for that specific reason. Advertising on YouTube could bring newer eyes to the forums and they'll give it a trial run, I'm a good prime example of how 2k forums aren't helpless. The initial set up was delightful and fit my needs, Sure I had to adjust to the promos being mandatory. Which I'm sure is another big reason why XWL is on a downfall.
Promos need to be mandatory otherwise whats the point. If there is a specific reason why you can't, tell the admins not that hard.
Not everybody is vocal, It's sad but way too true so they tend to get lost in the shuffle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 3200
Likes : 66
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 25
Location : Halifax, England

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:22 am

Promos and storylines are the biggest part of wrestling, no reason they shouldn't be a big part here too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 541
Likes : 11
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 21
Location : Jersey Shore Bay Bay

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:25 am

@TheFilthParade wrote:
Promos and storylines are the biggest part of wrestling, no reason they shouldn't be a big part here too.
I agree they should be a big part, It's finding the people who aren't going to go M.I.A without a trace. That's why promo's and storylines are either half assed and or someone doesn't follow through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 2068
Likes : 9
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 30
Location : Mansfield, OH

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:28 am

@KingWolf wrote:
@TheFilthParade wrote:
Promos and storylines are the biggest part of wrestling, no reason they shouldn't be a big part here too.
I agree they should be a big part, It's finding the people who aren't going to go M.I.A without a trace. That's why promo's and storylines are either half assed and or someone doesn't follow through.
We understand that, but and this is just me, that's no reason to feel like we're trying to be forceful when it comes to this place and promoing. People promo and get noticed in the real WWE and it's no different here. I like to think of this place like a real company. It can't just be about matches. There has to be a good balance. We can't say, have someone win the world title or whatever, and then go a week or two without promoing. We don't think that makes them or the league look good. As if they can't promo at least once every two weeks then why should they be champ etc. I get your point though but it's not like promos have to be several pages. I've done countless short promos as SCSA because I'm dealing with a lot right now.

_________________

Gamertag: wwefnfurlife
Former World, Xtreme, United States and Diva's Champion
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Masseffect
New Talent
New Talent
avatar

Posts : 6
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am

maybe if there was a good cyberbullying poilcy kids would not be scaryed to join
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 541
Likes : 11
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 21
Location : Jersey Shore Bay Bay

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:40 am

@Masseffect wrote:
maybe if there was a good cyberbullying poilcy kids would not be scaryed to join
While you're at it, Let's throw in sexual harassment claims you bafoon :hump:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DashingDJUrie
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 393
Likes : -3
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 20
Location : The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:39 am

I told you, Ryan, those are just love letters. JUST LOVE LETTERS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 541
Likes : 11
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 21
Location : Jersey Shore Bay Bay

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:46 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
P.R Son
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 6087
Likes : 75
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:29 am

@Masseffect wrote:
maybe if there was a good cyberbullying poilcy kids would not be scaryed to join

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in, but maybe you should believe in learning to spell before you focus on anything else. After all, nobody is going to take you seriously if you can't spell simple words like scared.

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Masseffect
New Talent
New Talent
avatar

Posts : 6
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:31 am

ThatGuy wrote:
@Masseffect wrote:
maybe if there was a good cyberbullying poilcy kids would not be scaryed to join

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in, but maybe you should believe in learning to spell before you focus on anything else. After all, nobody is going to take you seriously if you can't spell simple words like scared.

im sorry but my keyboard is not working right all i want is for kids to enjoy this league and adults have bneen bullying them thats why you need a cyberbullying poilcy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RCP
Mid Card
Mid Card


Posts : 102
Likes : -2
Join date : 2014-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:33 am

ThatGuy wrote:
@Masseffect wrote:
maybe if there was a good cyberbullying poilcy kids would not be scaryed to join

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in, but maybe you should believe in learning to spell before you focus on anything else. After all, nobody is going to take you seriously if you can't spell simple words like scared.
Pretty sure he's Ewantu's friend. He's just fucking with you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RCP
Mid Card
Mid Card


Posts : 102
Likes : -2
Join date : 2014-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:32 pm

XAT Chat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGetz
Jobber
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 57
Likes : 1
Join date : 2014-11-23
Age : 21
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:10 am

@RCP wrote:
XAT Chat

I second that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sissel
Jobber
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 96
Likes : 11
Join date : 2015-01-22
Age : 17
Location : United States of America.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:24 am

@Masseffect wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:
@Masseffect wrote:
maybe if there was a good cyberbullying poilcy kids would not be scaryed to join

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in, but maybe you should believe in learning to spell before you focus on anything else. After all, nobody is going to take you seriously if you can't spell simple words like scared.

im sorry but my keyboard is not working right all i want is for kids to enjoy this league and adults have bneen bullying them thats why you need a cyberbullying poilcy

.. Just by your sentencing, and multiple other accounts doing this whole "cyberbully" thing.. you have to be this Justin guy, right?

Don't ask, I surf the forums, and I've studied quite a bit.

:think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 2068
Likes : 9
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 30
Location : Mansfield, OH

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:36 am

@RCP wrote:
XAT Chat
I'm sorry but no. I fail to see how bringing in a different chatbox is going to suddenly spike up the activity in this place.

_________________

Gamertag: wwefnfurlife
Former World, Xtreme, United States and Diva's Champion
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   

Back to top Go down
 

Suggestions/Ideas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Guild spell ideas (open for suggestions)
» Banner suggestions
» Author Suggestions List!~
» Actor Ideas for Darius
» Site Wide Plot; OR, Site Revival Ideas

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xtreme Wrestling League :: General Discussion-