Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Suggestions/Ideas?

Go down 
+11
RCP
DashingDJUrie
Kyle
P.R Son
Brady Bunch
TheKrzyOne
T-Roll
Shane
Jimmy
KingWolf
TheFilthParade
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay so it's painfully obvious XWL isn't what it once was, We want to get it back to what it was, and I'm sure all you do too.
So as usual, We've come to you for an ideas or suggestions you have...anything. Be it about titles, how cards are booked...even things we can add/do...Tournaments or whatever.

Just anything you think could be good, suggest it and the admins will discuss any ideas. :boss
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
TGetz
Jobber
TGetz

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 12:21 pm

Kyle wrote:
RCP wrote:
XAT Chat
I'm sorry but no. I fail to see how bringing in a different chatbox is going to suddenly spike up the activity in this place.

I've always liked XAT chat boxes. I think they're the better chat boxes.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:08 pm

TGetz wrote:
Kyle wrote:
RCP wrote:
XAT Chat
I'm sorry but no. I fail to see how bringing in a different chatbox is going to suddenly spike up the activity in this place.

Used to see them on PPV streaming sites before I learned how to torrent/magnet link and rip. I think there should be some kind of chat system right infront of our face as soon as we go onto the site. Kind of gives us more of a communication, The forums are great and all but the chat is instantaneous and could go a long way. I'm all for a trial run, Nothing more nothing less.

Last edited by KingWolf on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:08 pm

TGetz wrote:
Kyle wrote:
RCP wrote:
XAT Chat

The forum is glitching out, Woah
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Because XAT will make people do matches and promos, rite?
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:49 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
It's so obvious!
Why didn't we think of that?
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:28 pm

According to RCP, XAT is the answer though. It's how he single-handily was able to funnel some our best users over here while also providing an open, friendly space for them to feel welcome and be instantly informed of what things are like in this place. We shouldn't be afraid of change, but more willing to not just accept it, but embrace it with open, well-built arms!
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:46 pm

It's just another of many ways to reinvent the fun
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:56 pm

KingWolf wrote:
I don't see it that way. I'm sorry but I just don't. As mentioned, it's not like bringing that in if I choose to, is magically going to make people say yay I have the chat I want I'm gonna start being more active. That's just not right. I'm all for possibly bringing it in, but, that's not changing the fact that right now people haven't been doing enough. I've almost thought of shutting this down until 2k16 because of how things have been activity wise and I'm one of the main people who still wants to keep it going. So you can't tell me bringing in a new chat is going to magically fix the lack of activity.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Kyle wrote:
KingWolf wrote:
I don't see it that way. I'm sorry but I just don't. As mentioned, it's not like bringing that in if I choose to, is magically going to make people say yay I have the chat I want I'm gonna start being more active. That's just not right. I'm all for possibly bringing it in, but, that's not changing the fact that right now people haven't been doing enough. I've almost thought of shutting this down until 2k16 because of how things have been activity wise and I'm one of the main people who still wants to keep it going. So you can't tell me bringing in a new chat is going to magically fix the lack of activity.
It's not going to significantly change the whole entire league, It's a step towards the right direction and a step we should take. Now I'm not saying it'd be a definitive change, It's only something NEW and something NEW is what this league needs. It's obvious the old habits aren't sitting well with others being that they come and go as they damn well please. Whether it's a priority or not causing them to be defective in the week to week schedule of the league, Change is good if it'll help stabilize the enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 3:14 pm

A chat still isn't effecting it.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 3:18 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
A chat still isn't effecting it.
Like I said in my earlier post, It's one thing out of many that'll bring new light. I personally have zero issue with the league because I'm always available, Only the game that it's built around isn't the best.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:33 pm

12 more.. Bite the dust
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Is that a suggestion or an idea?
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:37 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Is that a suggestion or an idea?
Only seems reasonable to post it here, Executed the liberals Sad and now we must find more to take their place.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:37 pm

Why do you talk like that?
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:42 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Why do you talk like that?
O
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Guess I'm going for the record of dislikes, Eh why not.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:54 pm

KingWolf wrote:

Nah, David will forever have that.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:06 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
KingWolf wrote:

Nah, David will forever have that.
LOL
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Kyle wrote:
RCP wrote:
XAT Chat

Could it hurt? Tell me how it could possibly take away from activity.
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:26 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
Well, you wouldn't know. Y'all have never been open to try it. coffee
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Kyle wrote:

As mentioned, it's not like bringing that in if I choose to, is magically going to make people say yay I have the chat I want I'm gonna start being more active. That's just not right.
Considering that's not the reason XAT is better, no, that's not right. XAT will add activity because guests can see it and inquire about the league before joining. Its user-interface is better. It makes a sound so that people know a message has been posted and you can keep it open in another webpage so you know if somebody else has entered the chat.

Side note: I don't want to hear that the noise is annoying. It's able to be disabled. You can't complain about something you have the option to turn off.

Kyle wrote:
I've almost thought of shutting this down until 2k16 because of how things have been activity wise and I'm one of the main people who still wants to keep it going.

I don't think shutting down the league until 2k16 is the way to go. Please note: PWF. If it's to stay, it's to stay now.

Not trying to be argumentative, but firstly this is a suggestions thread. I'm not even in the league and I bothered to care enough to give suggestions. There's zero reason to post sarcastic comments about them. Not you, Kyle, I'm saying for others.

Secondly, how are you not open to suggestions? It's one thing to disagree and reason it out, but there's no reason to just discount what other people suggest. You can't tell me everything is running peachy and you have this under control when activity is this low. That just isn't true. Whether you'd like to admit it, you could use suggestions. Not even necessarily from me -- just listen to the league. Years ago it felt like members weren't always listened to and it seems like not much has changed.

Again, I'm not even a member -- don't try to down-talk my suggestions. How about trying to have an actual conversation of things without insulting people like we're twelve? God damn.
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:58 pm

If y'all are interested in seriously discussing the XAT chat civilly, and with the entire league -- not in an enclosed discussion no one ever sees -- then fill this out. I came up with it talking to Krzy and think it makes sense.

1. Could an XAT chat possibly hurt the league? Why/not?

2. Could it possibly help the league? Why/not?

3. Is there anything to lose by trying it? Why/not?

If you're going to comment, make real comments. No need to sass one another... that's just childish.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:14 pm

RCP wrote:
-- not in an enclosed discussion no one ever sees -- .

Yeah, I used to be a bit anti-admin myself back in the day, more or less, but whatever any of you think is happening in the admin chats probably isn't going down as you think it is. A lot of the discussions are just making sure things are up to date, the card is booked, and planning ahead in terms of title matches and whatnot. And it's definitely a lot more time-consuming (relative to just being a member) then many of you probably realize.

Stuff like rankings, orgies and newsletters are fun to have around, those come second to keeping things in order and organized...and even that is a hassle most of the time. I'd like to think that a lot of the decisions that have been made lately, such as going back to two superstars, were seen as a logical decision and if anyone had a problem with it they were more than free to share their opinion. In all honesty, I would have disagreed (even though I got my ish done as three, having two is kind of a relief--and as the great E/T would say it may make people think about who they pick up being limited to two).

But your opinion still would have been valued, and for cases like the five fin in title matches business, it does lead to admins going back on things--within reason. If you guys are having any issues from matches to promos or need help with anything, just contact an admin and we'll get to it eventually. We're not sitting there conspiring in admin chats thinking up new ways to make everyone miserable, or withholding any earth-shattering information. If it hasn't been brought to the league's attention then it isn't worth knowing and the pron we watch together is for our eyes only.

I'm not sure if the XAT chat business was misunderstood or not explained properly but I don't think it was suggested in a sense that it'll get those who aren't active now to reengage with the league--why they signed up to not do anything is beyond me. I think it was more along the lines that for those who may be intimated by XWL, for whatever reason to feel more welcome, and if they were on the fence it may help make the decision to join easier. I'm not sure exactly how, but that's what I believe RCP and others were arguing in favor of. Not having to sign in to log in to the current chat may make a difference, and folks may also like not having to PM to get information and something like that may make it easier to get things cleared up. I don't know if it's the answer or where it would even go, but it can't be worse than the chat we have now.

As for keeping things fresh and new, stuff like tournaments (and series IGN Rose) are always on the table, but it's on the members to be active and keep things alive once these concepts are introduced. That's why I've come to accept that something like a tag division, that I've seen suggested, is hard to work, because there's no guarantee that the teams will stick together and that the matches will get done, and those are the biggest ingredients you need to have to get a division like that thriving. And that's something that sucks to have to type because I was one of the biggest supporters of a tag division, and still am, though I've learned to taper my expectations.

As for other titles, I'm all for scrapping one of the mid card titles and introducing something new. I'm not too sure what an X-Division would entail in terms of weight classes, but I'd be up for it if it were reasonable within the confines of the roster we're working with. I'm also always up for bringing back the Xtreme Title, but all of that means nothing if the members don't work to make the titles worth fighting for. Rankings may not be around right now, but I think we all understand that promoing and doing matches leads to getting a shot at championships and if we ever suggest someone you don't think should be getting a shot at the belt then please feel free to let us know.

No one's asking for XWL to be your priority in life, so there's no need to feel like you're making sacrifices to be here. Rules like needing to promo every other week is there to allow some slack without completely condoning not doing anything with your wrestler. I understand that 2k15 isn't perfect and if you dislike the game that much, ask to be booked alternately as your guys or something and I personally have no problem doing it. The game irks me sometimes too, but a decent match that lasts 15 minutes at most once a week, is worth the promos and storylines I get to create and see others play out.

No, the activity isn't what it once was, and I've certainly noticed that, but I still make the effort to get my matches and promos done every week and everyone still around should be able to as well. Not having as many members shouldn't mean we should have to be disheartened and feel less inclined to produce anything. (And just because you can be two people doesn't mean you should be--do what works best for your schedule.) I still enjoy the league and understand it probably has to go someday, or until E/T's kid takes over, but until then I'm gonna enjoy myself and part of that is having as good of a match you can get on 2k15 and having fun creatively with your promos and what not.

I do wish the community was as quick to say something nice as they are otherwise, no need to sing kumbaya, but arguments almost always get more attention than any productive conversation and it's annoying to see. I'm a dick on skype all the time though, so take all of that as you will. XWL has been so big for so long that it's odd being in such a position to be in need of members like this. I'm not against advertising and I've taken notes on what's been suggested, I just personally don't want to be the one doing it as I'm awkward as fuck and would probably scare people off.

Even though they died off, the Matt Hardy/Hurricane Helms business has made me more willing to consider those who have the game and do their matches managers, who don't have the game, to promo with them if they're not confident in their promo abilities. There'd need to be some things to be ironed out, but it's something that may add an interesting dynamic to the way things are now.

Basically, try to be as great as I am.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:43 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
The best post made by an admin, ever?

Truthfully and y'all can take my input with the smallest grain of salt because I'm not a member here, and probably won't be until 2K16...but as the person that tried to hold things together for as long as I did, and pissed off a lot of people along the way, fellow admins included...at this point, what does XWL have to lose?

By that I mean, what would taking everyone's suggestions one at a time, really harm anything? People want a XAT chat, the chat we've had on this site hasn't been used in a good year or more, so ya know what? Add a freaking XAT chat. Will it do anything? Probably not, but will it hurt anything? Hell no.

I know how hard the admins work, and you guys really have no idea. Running a league takes so much, like just to book, discuss ideas, title contenders, special little events like voting PPVs and Slammys...then add on trying to maintain your own activity in the league, and THEN add on trying to be as helpful as possible to any new members or members that have issues that need settling, and you'll lose your fucking mind.

How I did it so long seriously baffles me. I now know why I lost my shit so much with people, because the stress of running a league is far beyond what anyone who isn't currently doing that could ever fathom. Like these guys are trying their best, and I wish I could be there and give them some support but I just can't. So that's why while some things may confuse you guys at times, they need you to support them. They're all feeling the same frustrations you're feeling. They don't want this to die, they want to find a way to get things back on track, but that's easier said than done.

So instead of arguing for a page or so about a chat, have an actual chat together, all of you about what XWL needs, what it's cons have been, what it's pros are, what will make you the members take this place back to what it was? A XAT chat isn't the solution, but it's also not the battle to fight. I respect each and every single admin, but guys this is just silly. You don't need the stress of responding to post after post about this, and they don't need the stress of doing it either. It's literally a nothing situation that has been amplified because everyone is so frustrated. You know how when you're mad at someone, and the littlest stupidest things are what you fight over during that time? Yeah, that's what this is. We all want this league to thrive, to get back into gear, that's the main cause. That is what everyone wants, so instead of becoming enemies in discussions over a type of chat being added or not, just drop it. Admins take my advice and just add the XAT chat, so that way everyone can focus on what really is the issue. Maybe a XAT chat will bring a few members in, maybe it won't, but it'll take at most like what two minutes to add it on the site?

I got excited when I saw so much activity in this thread because it felt like it had just died at first, but to come on and see what was added, just is silly.

Now that that's out of the way, how about we get a group of members to volunteer to take the weight off the admin's shoulders by organizing the start of some advertising in here? They could really use the help I'm sure, and I think we can all agree that advertising is the way to go immediately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions/Ideas?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next