Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Suggestions/Ideas?

Go down 
+11
RCP
DashingDJUrie
Kyle
P.R Son
Brady Bunch
TheKrzyOne
T-Roll
Shane
Jimmy
KingWolf
TheFilthParade
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay so it's painfully obvious XWL isn't what it once was, We want to get it back to what it was, and I'm sure all you do too.
So as usual, We've come to you for an ideas or suggestions you have...anything. Be it about titles, how cards are booked...even things we can add/do...Tournaments or whatever.

Just anything you think could be good, suggest it and the admins will discuss any ideas. :boss
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
TGetz
Jobber
TGetz

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:46 pm

A good way I found a couple years ago with a fed was having your own YouTube channel, having someone good with editing and etc run the channel and make advertisements, show better of our matches from the match card, make storyline videos, etc. Having a FaceBook page with good graphics and updates with the league and storylines, posting the YouTube videos onto there. Also going further with each superstar having their own twitter, tweeting about there upcoming match, especially the strap holders. But you also got to push the links out there, no matter what it's all advertisement but you have a YouTube channel someone's going to find you, you have a FaceBook page, someone will find you, we have twitter accounts, someone will see them and if we link the YouTube Channel, the FaceBook page to our twitter's people will see them too. It's basically like what WWE is doing, they're going into all these social media outlets because thats how stuff gets noticed today. Social media is everywhere.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:48 pm

TGetz wrote:
A good way I found a couple years ago with a fed was having your own YouTube channel, having someone good with editing and etc run the channel and make advertisements, show better of our matches from the match card, make storyline videos, etc. Having a FaceBook page with good graphics and updates with the league and storylines, posting the YouTube videos onto there. Also going further with each superstar having their own twitter, tweeting about there upcoming match, especially the strap holders. But you also got to push the links out there, no matter what it's all advertisement but you have a YouTube channel someone's going to find you, you have a FaceBook page, someone will find you, we have twitter accounts, someone will see them and if we link the YouTube Channel, the FaceBook page to our twitter's people will see them too. It's basically like what WWE is doing, they're going into all these social media outlets because thats how stuff gets noticed today. Social media is everywhere.
Hate to be simplistic but I'm kind of busy at the moment, I'm guessing you're referring to the leagues such as FaM who include popular youtubers which boosted their viewership.
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:50 pm

TGetz wrote:

All good points. The only thing I'd kinda question is the individual twitter accounts. It could work well for advertising, but I'm not sure every single member would be willing to commit to that.

YouTube is probably the best outlet listed there because YouTube videos are PERMANENT. Someone will see it, maybe even months/years later, and give it a click. Then they'll notice it's still running.

If the twitter thing were to run, I'd suggest you guys following a bunch of random WWE-related pages. It'd get people to notice you.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:56 pm

RCP wrote:
TGetz wrote:

All good points. The only thing I'd kinda question is the individual twitter accounts. It could work well for advertising, but I'm not sure every single member would be willing to commit to that.

YouTube is probably the best outlet listed there because YouTube videos are PERMANENT. Someone will see it, maybe even months/years later, and give it a click. Then they'll notice it's still running.

If the twitter thing were to run, I'd suggest you guys following a bunch of random WWE-related pages. It'd get people to notice you.

We record our matches regularly, Not everyone but we have used YouTube for that specific reason. Advertising on YouTube could bring newer eyes to the forums and they'll give it a trial run, I'm a good prime example of how 2k forums aren't helpless. The initial set up was delightful and fit my needs, Sure I had to adjust to the promos being mandatory. Which I'm sure is another big reason why XWL is on a downfall.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:08 pm

KingWolf wrote:
promos being mandatory. Which I'm sure is another big reason why XWL is on a downfall.
!
Back to top Go down
DashingDJUrie
Mid Card
DashingDJUrie

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:11 pm

You think XWL is on a downfall because people have to promo every TWO weeks? #Whatapleb #HopeOwensloses #makeKrzychamp #FACT
Back to top Go down
Shane
Mid Card
Shane

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:17 pm

KingWolf wrote:
RCP wrote:
TGetz wrote:

We record our matches regularly, Not everyone but we have used YouTube for that specific reason. Advertising on YouTube could bring newer eyes to the forums and they'll give it a trial run, I'm a good prime example of how 2k forums aren't helpless. The initial set up was delightful and fit my needs, Sure I had to adjust to the promos being mandatory. Which I'm sure is another big reason why XWL is on a downfall.
Promos need to be mandatory otherwise whats the point. If there is a specific reason why you can't, tell the admins not that hard.
Back to top Go down
TGetz
Jobber
TGetz

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Shane wrote:
KingWolf wrote:
RCP wrote:
TGetz wrote:

Promos need to be mandatory otherwise whats the point. If there is a specific reason why you can't, tell the admins not that hard.

Exactly, storylines and promo's are the core of the fed.
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:37 pm

KingWolf wrote:

We record our matches regularly, Not everyone but we have used YouTube for that specific reason.

I'm aware. I used to be in the league.

KingWolf wrote:

I'm a good prime example of how 2k forums aren't helpless.
They aren't helpless, but they are irrelevant. Nothing we do now affects the 2k advertisement. We've already used our only post there.

KingWolf wrote:

The initial set up was delightful and fit my needs, Sure I had to adjust to the promos being mandatory. Which I'm sure is another big reason why XWL is on a downfall.

Promos were essentially always mandatory. The only difference before was that people were allowed to not promo and waste their wrestlers instead.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 3:20 am

DashingDJUrie wrote:
You think XWL is on a downfall because people have to promo every TWO weeks? #Whatapleb #HopeOwensloses #makeKrzychamp #FACT
It's not the promo themselves being the issue, It's the thought in your head "Oh fuck I have to promo now" Maybe it's me because my promo's take 3 to 4 hours long
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 3:21 am

Shane wrote:
KingWolf wrote:
RCP wrote:
TGetz wrote:

Not everybody is vocal, It's sad but way too true so they tend to get lost in the shuffle.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 3:22 am

Promos and storylines are the biggest part of wrestling, no reason they shouldn't be a big part here too.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 3:25 am

TheFilthParade wrote:
Promos and storylines are the biggest part of wrestling, no reason they shouldn't be a big part here too.
I agree they should be a big part, It's finding the people who aren't going to go M.I.A without a trace. That's why promo's and storylines are either half assed and or someone doesn't follow through.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:28 am

KingWolf wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:
I agree they should be a big part, It's finding the people who aren't going to go M.I.A without a trace. That's why promo's and storylines are either half assed and or someone doesn't follow through.
We understand that, but and this is just me, that's no reason to feel like we're trying to be forceful when it comes to this place and promoing. People promo and get noticed in the real WWE and it's no different here. I like to think of this place like a real company. It can't just be about matches. There has to be a good balance. We can't say, have someone win the world title or whatever, and then go a week or two without promoing. We don't think that makes them or the league look good. As if they can't promo at least once every two weeks then why should they be champ etc. I get your point though but it's not like promos have to be several pages. I've done countless short promos as SCSA because I'm dealing with a lot right now.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Masseffect
New Talent
Masseffect

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am

maybe if there was a good cyberbullying poilcy kids would not be scaryed to join
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:40 am

Masseffect wrote:
maybe if there was a good cyberbullying poilcy kids would not be scaryed to join
While you're at it, Let's throw in sexual harassment claims you bafoon FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Tumblr_mi4z5d36Eo1qj21dno5_250 :hump:
Back to top Go down
DashingDJUrie
Mid Card
DashingDJUrie

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 9:39 am

I told you, Ryan, those are just love letters. JUST LOVE LETTERS.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 9:46 am

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 10:29 am

Masseffect wrote:

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in, but maybe you should believe in learning to spell before you focus on anything else. After all, nobody is going to take you seriously if you can't spell simple words like scared.
Back to top Go down
Masseffect
New Talent
Masseffect

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 10:31 am

ThatGuy wrote:
Masseffect wrote:

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in, but maybe you should believe in learning to spell before you focus on anything else. After all, nobody is going to take you seriously if you can't spell simple words like scared.

im sorry but my keyboard is not working right all i want is for kids to enjoy this league and adults have bneen bullying them thats why you need a cyberbullying poilcy
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 10:33 am

ThatGuy wrote:
Masseffect wrote:

Pretty sure he's Ewantu's friend. He's just fucking with you guys.
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 10:32 pm

XAT Chat
Back to top Go down
TGetz
Jobber
TGetz

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:10 am

RCP wrote:
XAT Chat

I second that.
Back to top Go down
Sissel
Jobber
Sissel

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 7:24 am

Masseffect wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:
Masseffect wrote:

im sorry but my keyboard is not working right all i want is for kids to enjoy this league and adults have bneen bullying them thats why you need a cyberbullying poilcy

.. Just by your sentencing, and multiple other accounts doing this whole "cyberbully" thing.. you have to be this Justin guy, right?

Don't ask, I surf the forums, and I've studied quite a bit.

:think
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 7:36 am

RCP wrote:
XAT Chat
I'm sorry but no. I fail to see how bringing in a different chatbox is going to suddenly spike up the activity in this place.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Ideas?   FACT - Suggestions/Ideas? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions/Ideas?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next