Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Let's talk about THE RULES

Go down 
+15
Bang
RCP
Kyle
Adam
Shug
Ash
Sam
T-Roll
NathanVII
Sissel
the tu2
KingWolf
TheFilthParade
Zack
P.R Son
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 5:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

With nine days before XWL is back, there's but one last thing to finalize, and it's the rules. Now typically in the past we'd take our own thoughts and decide on what WE want to be rules. But XWL is not just our league, it's OUR league. So that decision is in your hands, well ours too obviously.

https://xwlleague.forumotion.com/t2511-xwl-rules-and-policies

Above is the link to the rules, and it's pretty simple. If you have a suggested change/addition/deletion to the rules, simply post that here, explain if you'd like, and it's entered into the discussion.

For a bit of insight where we currently stand, submissions are allowed this year, and the three finisher rule is staying.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 6:25 pm

Kyle wrote:
As far as 3 finishers we've done it for so long and not had any complaints so why bother changing things?

P.R Son wrote:
Back in April, we decided that what once worked before, no longer did.

For a bit of insight, when you run a league like this, for as long as I did, and others have...you adapt an attitude that says "we've done this for as long as we have, we know this will work, and this won't."

booooooooooooooo

anyways, for my actual opinion, i like the thought that a normal normal match should not be as long as a normal title match. in general, title matches are longer.

however, i dont have the game and havent for a while, so idrk how that would translate to the game. idk if 2 fins would make the match end too quickly, or what
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Call Me Kurt wrote:
Kyle wrote:
As far as 3 finishers we've done it for so long and not had any complaints so why bother changing things?

P.R Son wrote:
Back in April, we decided that what once worked before, no longer did.

For a bit of insight, when you run a league like this, for as long as I did, and others have...you adapt an attitude that says "we've done this for as long as we have, we know this will work, and this won't."

booooooooooooooo

anyways, for my actual opinion, i like the thought that a normal normal match should not be as long as a normal title match. in general, title matches are longer.

however, i dont have the game and havent for a while, so idrk how that would translate to the game. idk if 2 fins would make the match end too quickly, or what

He can have the opinion but still support the action Razz

The fact we put this up to a league wide decision as opposed to our own, despite a majority of the admins being against it themselves, speaks to that.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 6:28 pm

David/Kyle 2016!

FOUR MORE YEARS

But for real, I went with 2, because there's no option to have one fin for normal matches and three for title matches.
Back to top Go down
the tu2
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 7:28 am

P.R Son wrote:
ewantu2 wrote:
P.R Son wrote:
As a show that I'm open should it be a popular opinion to change the three finisher rule to title matches only, what if we instead had normal matches be under a two finisher rule?

Also just because it's three finishers doesn't mean matches would be 30 minutes +  in fact the average is more so 15- 20.

Well with resiliency you technically have to hit everyone with 4 finishers to win the match now. Yeah back when it was really hard to reveres finisher it might of been, but this game is allot easier to reveres finishers in.

Except not everyone has resiliency.

Sissel wrote:
Well, I think we should tweak the submission win thing. I only thing after the three-finisher rule thing should they be viable, and, what the hell, why not only finishers for submissions?

First, you don't like to see a 5-star classic match be shut down by a shit submission hold, right? Right.

Second, if the match does end by submission, make the submission a sig/finisher.

All my thoughts.

kkkkkkkk?

Only submission finishers are able to end matches.

NathanVII wrote:
I also think we shouldn't do the 3 finisher rule as it is extremely aggravating especially with how easily the the stamina drains lately.

Fair point, but the main reason we've had the three finisher rule is because of not wanting matches to be a blink and you miss it affair. We try to enforce a "just have fun" code in all matches so by causing matches to have a certain win condition like that, it forces players to step out of the "I have to win right now" mindset, and open the door for some cool stuff. However I do agree with stamina perhaps it might be best to bump it down to two for normal matches, but I wouldn't want to go down to one because we don't want things to be overly aggressive.

everyone will have it. It's impossible to know if someone used resiliency to kick out or not. Also the people with it would have a HUGE advantage over people who don't.
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 4:02 pm

ewantu2 wrote:
P.R Son wrote:
ewantu2 wrote:
P.R Son wrote:
As a show that I'm open should it be a popular opinion to change the three finisher rule to title matches only, what if we instead had normal matches be under a two finisher rule?

Also just because it's three finishers doesn't mean matches would be 30 minutes +  in fact the average is more so 15- 20.

Well with resiliency you technically have to hit everyone with 4 finishers to win the match now. Yeah back when it was really hard to reveres finisher it might of been, but this game is allot easier to reveres finishers in.

Except not everyone has resiliency.

Sissel wrote:
Well, I think we should tweak the submission win thing. I only thing after the three-finisher rule thing should they be viable, and, what the hell, why not only finishers for submissions?

First, you don't like to see a 5-star classic match be shut down by a shit submission hold, right? Right.

Second, if the match does end by submission, make the submission a sig/finisher.

All my thoughts.

kkkkkkkk?

Only submission finishers are able to end matches.

NathanVII wrote:
I also think we shouldn't do the 3 finisher rule as it is extremely aggravating especially with how easily the the stamina drains lately.

Fair point, but the main reason we've had the three finisher rule is because of not wanting matches to be a blink and you miss it affair. We try to enforce a "just have fun" code in all matches so by causing matches to have a certain win condition like that, it forces players to step out of the "I have to win right now" mindset, and open the door for some cool stuff. However I do agree with stamina perhaps it might be best to bump it down to two for normal matches, but I wouldn't want to go down to one because we don't want things to be overly aggressive.

everyone will have it. It's impossible to know if someone used resiliency to kick out or not. Also the people with it would have a HUGE advantage over people who don't.
You do realise this isn't new right?
Many years have past where certain superstars have had resiliencey and others haven't. Keep up son.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 4:54 pm

Not to mention there was a year, can't remember if it was 13 or 14, where we allowed everyone to have resiliency if they wanted it, so hey.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 6:13 pm

I'll be honest I just voted for 2 because it's the first one I clicked on. But really we should all chill out and remember...Fallout 4 is out. Life is good.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 4:19 pm

Now that the poll is over and the new official rule will be two finishers for regular matches, and three for title matches. Is there any other suggested change to the rules before we close discussion?
Back to top Go down
Moontan
Mid Card
Moontan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 2:33 am

Make me Champ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 2:42 am

Ppv matches should be 3 fins too not just title matches! =]
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 9:31 am

Dash wrote:
I can kind of get behind this. IMO it would depend on how intense the feud could get. Maybe for PPV matches it's up to the people playing if a title's not on the line? That way it can be long and intense if they want or not.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 9:37 am

Kyle wrote:
Dash wrote:
I can kind of get behind this. IMO it would depend on how intense the feud could get.
This is what I agree upon, feuds that turn into bloodbaths should get this much. Not just one off's, talking about the deciding match in a feud. Will make them a lot more special tbh.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 9:44 am

KingWolf wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Dash wrote:
I can kind of get behind this. IMO it would depend on how intense the feud could get.
This is what I agree upon, feuds that turn into bloodbaths should get this much. Not just one off's, talking about the deciding match in a feud. Will make them a lot more special tbh.
Right. So I'd say 2 normal, then 3 for title and 2 or 3 for feud but it depends on the people. That way there's an option for ppv matches if people want it to be intense and crazy or if they want it to just kind of be toned down but still long. Then they can choose. Just how I see things. I think that could work nicely. Not sure about everyone else though.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 10:36 am

Kyle wrote:
KingWolf wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Dash wrote:
Right. So I'd say 2 normal, then 3 for title and 2 or 3 for feud but it depends on the people. That way there's an option for ppv matches if people want it to be intense and crazy or if they want it to just kind of be toned down but still long. Then they can choose. Just how I see things. I think that could work nicely. Not sure about everyone else though.

Yeah I agree, think that'd be a nice way to make specials all the more special too. So I'd be for including that since technically it's a choice not forced upon anyone.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 11:02 am

Yep. The only thing I'm not sure on is what if it's a title match and a feud. Do we consider it 3 or 2 or up to them since it'd be both a feud and a title match?

Last edited by Kyle on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 11:07 am

Kyle wrote:

Yep. The only thing I'm not sure on is what if it's a title match and a feud. Do we consider it 3 or 2 or up to them since it'd be both a feud and a title match?

If it's a title match it's three, because the actual win condition rule trumps the optional feud/ppv one.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 11:17 am

P.R Son wrote:
Kyle wrote:

If it's a title match it's three, because the actual win condition rule trumps the optional feud/ppv one.
Figured as much. I say we go with what I described then.

2 normal
3 title
2 or 3 for feud depending on the people
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 11:20 am

Dash wrote:
why are you so passionate about this

Kyle wrote:
depending on the people
Please expand upon this in great detail.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 11:23 am

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Kyle wrote:
depending on the people
Please expand upon this in great detail.

If they just want a quick win and to abandon their rival for hopes of championship glory

If they want a possible back and forth longer match

If they want a short feud match setting up the longer one for the next one

If they like having matches together they might want a longer one

If they hate each other, and it isn't just a "feud" they would want a short one

Back to top Go down
DashingDJUrie
Mid Card
DashingDJUrie

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 12:06 pm

Dash wrote:

stfu ill put u down with no fins
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 3:18 pm

I think someone is finding it hard to adjust to not being the only Dash in the village
Back to top Go down
DashingDJUrie
Mid Card
DashingDJUrie

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 3:38 pm

oh i see

"village"

because im white huh?

smh
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 9:59 am

So, for the whole res discussion...It should be kept as it is, and as it has been for a few years. Not everyone should have res, and who has it should be down to who has it in game, and who the admins agree should have it.

I don't think the whole "advantage" thing plays a part, because that could be said for anything. For example, some guys have 5 reversals, other have 2 or 3. If Someone who has 5 faces someone who has 2...then the one with 5 has an advantage, right?

So if we apply the "advantage" logic to res...where do we stop?
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 11:19 am

TheFilthParade wrote:
So, for the whole res discussion...It should be kept as it is, and as it has been for a few years. Not everyone should have res, and who has it should be down to who has it in game, and who the admins agree should have it.

I don't think the whole "advantage" thing plays a part, because that could be said for anything. For example, some guys have 5 reversals, other have 2 or 3. If Someone who has 5 faces someone who has 2...then the one with 5 has an advantage, right?

So if we apply the "advantage" logic to res...where do we stop?
Pretty much my view on things. I had only suggested we give it to everyone as I didn't see too much harm, but, with how different it is I don't think it'd be a good idea. Plus in general like you said having someone have an advantage for that would be no different than someone having more reversals than anyone else.

If we were to allow people to have anything or something at admins discretion I would say it'd be rope break as an ability. As I think everyone should be able to have the ability to grab a rope but I haven't seen how it affects stats. So I'd have said just level one and then adjust stats to be whatever your base overall was. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about THE RULES
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2