Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

The Rules Undergoing Changes

Go down 
+6
jedicouncil05
BOFA
the tu2
Shane
Dash
P.R Son
10 posters

Who should The Fan Favorite Ability Be Given To?
All Faces should be allowed Fan Favorite
The Rules Undergoing Changes I_vote_lcap57%The Rules Undergoing Changes I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 8 ]
Only select stars making a difference in XWL should regardless of Heel/Face alignments
The Rules Undergoing Changes I_vote_lcap0%The Rules Undergoing Changes I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It should stay on superstars that have been given it in previous games
The Rules Undergoing Changes I_vote_lcap7%The Rules Undergoing Changes I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Nobody lets get rid of it all together
The Rules Undergoing Changes I_vote_lcap36%The Rules Undergoing Changes I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

The Rules Undergoing Changes Empty
PostSubject: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 2:31 pm

The admins have been in discussion over the last week regarding the rules, and if any needed changing, or if any needed adding/removing. All of those changes will be posted within the next couple of days, but because this isn't just our league, it's OUR league...we wanted to include you in a decision that unfortunately we're pretty split on.

Comeback/Fan Favorite has been a tricky ability in the past, you could argue some people should have it that don't, or that it should be a more varied ability. Currently the rule has been that if they've been given it in previous games, you may add it. But is that the "fairest" direction to go or should that change? Above are four options for you to choose from, please cast your vote.

After five days the poll will close and whatever the majority decision is, it will be reflected in the rules along with the other changes.

Last edited by P.R Son on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 3:06 pm

As awesome as it'd be to give fan favourite to people making an impact in the league, I don't think it'd be completely fair. So in the interest of fairness, I voted to just get rid of it all together. I haven't used the ability and I really don't see any problem getting rid of it.
Back to top Go down
Shane
Mid Card
Shane

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Dash wrote:
As awesome as it'd be to give fan favourite to people making an impact in the league, I don't think it'd be completely fair. So in the interest of fairness, I voted to just get rid of it all together. I haven't used the ability and I really don't see any problem getting rid of it.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
the tu2
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 9:29 am

All faces get comeback. All heels get dirty pin and ring escape. Both are great abllitys so you really cant say faces or heels get a huge advantage over the other. And makes sense because every face in WWE has a comeback.

If you want real "Fairness" then everyone should have the exact same stats if you want a true equal match.
Back to top Go down
BOFA
Mid Card
BOFA

PostSubject: All faces get comeback   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:09 pm

The heels get the dirty pin so it makes sense for all faces to have a comeback. And I think getting rid of it wouldnt be the best because even in real life the comeback is an important part of the match.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:21 pm

Saying that only faces in we have comebacks just isn't true. Edge is the best example for that. But honestly, comeback gives a much higher advantage than dirty pin. It's basically a free charged signature most of the time.

If you want to bring up ring escape though, why don't we just get rid of dirty pin and comeback and let both face and heels capitalize on ring escape? It's a fairly game oriented ability and gives you a chance to get back into the game without putting your opponent into an unfair situation like dirty pin and comeback do.

Basically in short, get rid of comebacks and dirty pins. Then ring escape, resiliency, rope break should be allowed on all characters regardless of who they are imo.
Back to top Go down
Shane
Mid Card
Shane

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:41 pm

Dash wrote:
Saying that only faces in we have comebacks just isn't true. Edge is the best example for that. But honestly, comeback gives a much higher advantage than dirty pin. It's basically a free charged signature most of the time.

If you want to bring up ring escape though, why don't we just get rid of dirty pin and comeback and let both face and heels capitalize on ring escape? It's a fairly game oriented ability and gives you a chance to get back into the game without putting your opponent into an unfair situation like dirty pin and comeback do.

Basically in short, get rid of comebacks and dirty pins. Then ring escape, resiliency, rope break should be allowed on all characters regardless of who they are imo.
I like that!
Back to top Go down
the tu2
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:55 pm

Dash wrote:

But then heels and faces don't play differently. I like the idea of a dynamic where if you turn alignments that means you also change how you play matches too. Also I disagree I think dirty pin is actually more useful then comeback. Comeback is pretty easy to reversal while you can't reversal dirty pin and makes your kickout bar smaller and you can do dirty pin more then once.

There are exertions to rules. Eddie was a face that did dirty pins. So for superstars like this they could do both.

Also if were going to ban dirty pin and comeback can we at least ban ring escape? Because that ability is the most annoying thing in the game. Also the fact that rope break is a ability makes 0 sense lol. Are WWE games seriously telling me not everyone can do rope breaks?
Back to top Go down
jedicouncil05
Jobber

PostSubject: Rule Change   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 10:26 am

I agree with Shane and Bat get rid of it all together makes more sense. But ewantu brings up a good point.
Back to top Go down
GamerShane31
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 10:32 am

Just got here but here's my thoughts. Faces should have it, and heels should have dirty pins and ring escape. I think it balances its self out. Plus i just like that the dirty pin can be used here, it adds suspense to the match and plus can continue a feud it it succeeds.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 10:38 am

I'm really indifferent on the matter. I mean on the one hand I've always thought it should stick with who has it in game only but on the other I've always thought faces should have it. We'll be bringing in other rule changes to spice things up and after thinking about it for a few days I honestly feel like this ability doesn't add much to the game/superstars. So I feel like removing it would be the best option.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 11:00 am

It wouldn't be an overall factor if you're playing the matches like we aim you to do so. As not trying to go for the win instantly and these situations wouldn't arise. Comebacks are built for a momentum shift, be wary of your choices in the ring. You can reverse them or let them hit, it's on your own accord. It's not a guarantee either, no comeback is a for sure thing other than the Ryback one. If you want to keep the energy flowing then I say we use it, if you feel it'll put others as a disadvantage let's get rid of it to save the debate.
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Originally I voted for 'only superstars who had it should get it' because in my head, I thought that if a move was made for a superstar then why shouldn't they be allowed to have it? But ewantu (I think) swayed my decision.

Faces should get comeback while heels should get ring escape and dirty pin. I do agree there needs to be some kind of way to differentiate who the faces are and who the heels are in a match. And it's not fair to just kind of take away the one ability made for faces while heels still get all their abilities for free use.

And maybe, if people still feel that comeback is over powered, you can make a rule where you can only win with it if you are down in the finisher count; hence the reason why it's called a comeback after all.
Back to top Go down
the tu2
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:46 pm

Austin wrote:
Originally I voted for 'only superstars who had it should get it' because in my head, I thought that if a move was made for a superstar then why shouldn't they be allowed to have it? But ewantu (I think) swayed my decision.

Faces should get comeback while heels should get ring escape and dirty pin. I do agree there needs to be some kind of way to differentiate who the faces are and who the heels are in a match. And it's not fair to just kind of take away the one ability made for faces while heels still get all their abilities for free use.

And maybe, if people still feel that comeback is over powered, you can make a rule where you can only win with it if you are down in the finisher count; hence the reason why it's called a comeback after all.

Lol well that means its 6-6 then (since it doesn't let you change your vote for some reason) I guess it up to the admins since it seems to be a 50-50 split.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 4:02 pm

It's funny because originally I was the admin saying faces should get it because then they have an ability, but then early posts swayed me to nobody....but now ewantu, and austin have me swaying back to all faces....because honestly if we do allow ring eacape/dirty pin the faces SHOULD have an ability for them. Since there's still two days left I've allowed vote editing, so if you're wanting to change your vote given time to think over it then you're able to now.
Back to top Go down
the tu2
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 6:36 pm

P.R Son wrote:
It's funny because originally I was the admin saying faces should get it because then they have an ability, but then early posts swayed me to nobody....but now ewantu, and austin have me swaying back to all faces....because honestly if we do allow ring eacape/dirty pin the faces SHOULD have an ability for them. Since there's still two days left I've allowed vote editing, so if you're wanting to change your vote given time to think over it then you're able to now.

If all faces do get them then the rule is that it should make sense. Don't have Reys comeback if your Big show lol.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 6:43 pm

ewantu2 wrote:
P.R Son wrote:

If all faces do get them then the rule is that it should make sense. Don't have Reys comeback if your Big show lol.

That was exactly my thinking. Move wise it should make sense.
Back to top Go down
GamerShane31
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:46 pm

faces should have combacks. heels ring escape/dirty pin. heels could seal a win with a dirty pin(after 2nd finsiher), but the fces could get a extra finisher from the comback. so it seems fair
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rules Undergoing Changes   The Rules Undergoing Changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rules Undergoing Changes
Page 1 of 1