Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Let's talk about THE RULES

Go down 
+15
Bang
RCP
Kyle
Adam
Shug
Ash
Sam
T-Roll
NathanVII
Sissel
the tu2
KingWolf
TheFilthParade
Zack
P.R Son
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

Let's talk about THE RULES Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 5:42 pm

With nine days before XWL is back, there's but one last thing to finalize, and it's the rules. Now typically in the past we'd take our own thoughts and decide on what WE want to be rules. But XWL is not just our league, it's OUR league. So that decision is in your hands, well ours too obviously.

https://xwlleague.forumotion.com/t2511-xwl-rules-and-policies

Above is the link to the rules, and it's pretty simple. If you have a suggested change/addition/deletion to the rules, simply post that here, explain if you'd like, and it's entered into the discussion.

For a bit of insight where we currently stand, submissions are allowed this year, and the three finisher rule is staying.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 6:08 pm

Considering the new submission system, are we keeping the ban on submission wins rule?
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 6:13 pm

Zack wrote:
Considering the new submission system, are we keeping the ban on submission wins rule?

Do you even read?
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 6:19 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
Zack wrote:

Do you even read?

Clearly not, carry on. IGN Rose
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Seems pretty straight forward, thanks! :brock:
Back to top Go down
the tu2
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 9:33 pm

"After two weeks of inactivity, you will be sent a warning. Failure to respond with a reasonable excuse or post a promo will result in a loss of that superstar.
Should you lose a superstar in such a manner you will be prevented from picking someone up for three weeks.*"

This rule seems a bit extreme. If someone doesn't promo or do matches for 2 weeks I understand, but from the wording it seems to be only about promos.

Also the hit 3 finishers rule just seems annoying, I don't want every single match go 30 mins+. Maybe make the rule only apply for championship matches or PPV?
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 9:58 pm

ewantu2 wrote:

Also the hit 3 finishers rule just seems annoying, I don't want every single match go 30 mins+. Maybe make the rule only apply for championship matches or PPV?

Now this is something that I've been wanting to see happen for a while.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 10:58 pm

As a show that I'm open should it be a popular opinion to change the three finisher rule to title matches only, what if we instead had normal matches be under a two finisher rule?

Also just because it's three finishers doesn't mean matches would be 30 minutes + in fact the average is more so 15- 20.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 1:22 am

P.R Son wrote:
As a show that I'm open should it be a popular opinion to change the three finisher rule to title matches only, what if we instead had normal matches be under a two finisher rule?

Also just because it's three finishers doesn't mean matches would be 30 minutes +  in fact the average is more so 15- 20.
Do a poll
Back to top Go down
the tu2
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 7:07 am

P.R Son wrote:

Also just because it's three finishers doesn't mean matches would be 30 minutes +  in fact the average is more so 15- 20.

Well with resiliency you technically have to hit everyone with 4 finishers to win the match now. Yeah back when it was really hard to reveres finisher it might of been, but this game is allot easier to reveres finishers in.
Back to top Go down
Sissel
Jobber
Sissel

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 7:34 am

Well, I think we should tweak the submission win thing. I only thing after the three-finisher rule thing should they be viable, and, what the hell, why not only finishers for submissions?

First, you don't like to see a 5-star classic match be shut down by a shit submission hold, right? Right.

Second, if the match does end by submission, make the submission a sig/finisher.

All my thoughts.

kkkkkkkk?
Back to top Go down
NathanVII
Jobber
NathanVII

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:34 am

I also think we shouldn't do the 3 finisher rule as it is extremely aggravating especially with how easily the the stamina drains lately.
Back to top Go down
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
T-Roll

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 10:10 am

I'd like to add:

Article E - Subsection Y states: All matches in which Eric Young partakes in must be a dance battle/sing off, in which Young chooses his, and his opponents song. If his opponent fails to sing every word/dance to the beat, Young wins. If Young is to lose, then the crowd wins, because they get to see Eric dance. However, the opponent of Young, will never win. For they are not as good of a dancer, nor singer, as he is.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 11:09 am

ewantu2 wrote:
P.R Son wrote:

Well with resiliency you technically have to hit everyone with 4 finishers to win the match now. Yeah back when it was really hard to reveres finisher it might of been, but this game is allot easier to reveres finishers in.

Except not everyone has resiliency.

Sissel wrote:
Well, I think we should tweak the submission win thing. I only thing after the three-finisher rule thing should they be viable, and, what the hell, why not only finishers for submissions?

First, you don't like to see a 5-star classic match be shut down by a shit submission hold, right? Right.

Second, if the match does end by submission, make the submission a sig/finisher.

All my thoughts.

kkkkkkkk?

Only submission finishers are able to end matches.

NathanVII wrote:
I also think we shouldn't do the 3 finisher rule as it is extremely aggravating especially with how easily the the stamina drains lately.

Fair point, but the main reason we've had the three finisher rule is because of not wanting matches to be a blink and you miss it affair. We try to enforce a "just have fun" code in all matches so by causing matches to have a certain win condition like that, it forces players to step out of the "I have to win right now" mindset, and open the door for some cool stuff. However I do agree with stamina perhaps it might be best to bump it down to two for normal matches, but I wouldn't want to go down to one because we don't want things to be overly aggressive.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Upper Mid Card
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 11:19 am

I understand that with the stamina draining, it's hard to pull off three finishers sometimes. However, if you make it any less than that, the match probably wouldn't even push five minutes. Although it's easier to reverse finishers in this game, it's also a lot easier to gain them.

At least that's what I think after playing it for the last couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Imo, the rules all seem pretty fair. I mean there isn't anything really which stands out as being a little harsh or anything which probably should just be left as PPV.

I've just always been used to the 3 fin rule so I can't really say I would want it changing cause it's just something I'd probably still do out of habit. Makes matches fun and interesting.

In terms of the submissions bit, can't say I've played this years game to know what thats about so I'll see when I get the game next month.

<3
Back to top Go down
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
T-Roll

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 12:05 pm

So like, 1 fin for normal matches, 2 for title matches unless you and your opponoent agree upon 3.

I don't want a long match for a normal show. I don't like any of you enough to put on a classic on a weekly card. Sorry. But yeah, my opinion. Leave me alone about contributing David. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 12:07 pm

The 3 finishers is to give people an opportunity to get back into the match. Instead of building a finisher in a minute, hitting it, match over thanks for coming. You need to realise that matches only go 15+ when its a back and forth match, in the gauntlet I had to do I don't think any went over the 15+ mark (maybe I'm wrong). I don't think the rule should be changed, it's worked for a long time and will continue to work.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Shuggz wrote:
The 3 finishers is to give people an opportunity to get back into the match. Instead of building a finisher in a minute, hitting it, match over thanks for coming. You need to realise that matches only go 15+ when its a back and forth match, in the gauntlet I had to do I don't think any went over the 15+ mark (maybe I'm wrong). I don't think the rule should be changed, it's worked for a long time and will continue to work.

This <3
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 12:17 pm

David and I were talking, it's mainly these 3 points.

1. The 3 finisher rule in the past, was steady and had no flaws what so ever. Old habit's die hard, because in this current game. You're blown out at about the second finisher in regards to stamina. 5 star classics/clinics whatever you wish to call them aren't going away by doing so.

2. Sticking the normal matches on the same level as the title matches? Normal matches drag on, a 2 finisher rule for normal matches and 3 finisher rule for title matches. Whenever a title match is booked gives that extra leverage to the title matches. Hard fought victories, and the conflict of fighting for the goal of the belt within a 30-45 battle between the contender and the champion.

3. Normal matches won't be getting shitted on, it's still going to be seen as worthy and as important. You're not going to see matches on RAW, go the same length as a title match. It's the mind set of a title being more glorious, and holding significance opposed to a 15-20 minute match slapped on the card.

That's my two cents
Back to top Go down
NathanVII
Jobber
NathanVII

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 12:19 pm

Shuggz wrote:

I've just noticed myself that it takes about 2/3 finisher to put a decent rated AI away so I guess you aren't that wrong in what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 1:09 pm

I don't mind whether it's 3 or 2 because at the end of the day I'm still gonna win :titus :titus :titus
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 1:11 pm

Adam wrote:
I don't mind whether it's 3 or 2 because at the end of the day I'm still gonna win :titus :titus :titus
I like your confidence, Real Deal Titus O'Neil before me thnx
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 3:21 pm

3 ain't enough we need 5.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Even though we discussed much of this on skype at length it's good to see it in written form. I'm fine with everything mentioned. The subs thing is something we're going to keep an eye on then see how it goes.

As far as 3 finishers we've done it for so long and not had any complaints so why bother changing things? Yes the stamina makes things a bit different, but, I don't think it's drastic enough to warrant changing something like the three finisher rule.

On the note of warnings and risking losing a star we've had that rule in place for a good bit of time now and not many had issues. Really it's not like we're wanting to strip anyone of their characters. All we've asked is that you promo consistently as well as do your matches. This has more to do with promoing than doing matches. If you have a week where you know you might have a hard time promoing then let us know at the beginning of the week. If you let us know then there's no issues. It can't be a recurring thing though. As then it'd feel like we're letting someone keep someone when they may not have the time. All we're asking for is a bit of notice. Nothing wrong with that tbh.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about THE RULES   Let's talk about THE RULES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about THE RULES
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next