Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards

Go down 
+10
Jonguin
Ash
TheFilthParade
Twiztid
Liam
Kyle
Zander
Sex Ferguson
Pats
P.R Son
14 posters
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Empty
PostSubject: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:00 am

So I'm tired from work but you know last week was the fifth anniversary since I started the league...and I'm not sure how many people read these little bits I try to do every anniversary, if any do...but I just wanna talk about the league and the journey it's taken over the last five years. This league, and I like to call a second family, really got me through a hard time in my life, I created it as an escape, and it's just grown into so much more than that for me and everyone else.

The way XWL has evolved since November of 2008 is really night and day...Shuggz is the only one around that even would remember how we were in the early days, and I'll never let him forget some of the stuff...but it's just taken on a life of it's own. We started out a little rough, I had no clue what a league was or how to run one, I just saw one fail that I joined, so I thought, hey, I'll just not make the mistakes they did, and five years later...here we are. I wanted to make not only an outlet for my mind to escape the stress of my mom's health, but a fair environment that you just couldn't find online.

Pretty much was filled with spammers, waiters, hackers, everything you don't want to deal with, and while we've had our mistakes, like not cracking down on waiting as much as we do now...which I regret, no member is worth allowing such a poor example of "fun" especially not when they went as far as running around the person in a full circle before doing the move....but that's an example of how we've learned and gotten better. It's not been easy running the league, it's been stressful at times, I know I've made a lot of decisions that I shouldn't have....and I thank everyone for not holding those against me and understanding that this was a process for all of us because this started on the foundation of really nothing.

I've said things I didn't mean, I've made people want to quit, I've made myself want to quit, as others have also made me want to as well...but that's how it goes when you have people from all around the world, each bringing their own personality to the table. I have no angst towards anyone in this league, Shuggz and I have butted heads the last few years, but I hit it off with him so well in the beginning, he's such a chill dude, we just I think let issues we never talked about, ruin the last few years for us so I guess this is a public apology for everything we've dealt with from one another, we're both at fault for some instances, but I want to wipe the slate clean, just ignore everything we've both said, done, and enjoy the league because we are the actual two first members still around today. Not the intention of this post, but hey I'm winging it so yeah Shuggz I'm deeply sorry for anything I've done to upset you over the years, it happens, both have strong personalities and our own firm beliefs, but I don't want that to sour our remaining time in this league, especially not when it's plagued us for far too long, I wanna go back to the fun chats, fun matches, and put all this petty shit in the past behind us. So I hope you'll accept my apology....if not, I'll post all of your Shawn cookie dough addiction promos, I've got IGN and I'm not afraid to use it. <3

Moving on, it's incredible to see what XWL has come to be, we're growing more and more recently, establishing firm rules for things that were sort of, take as we go in the past, which could have caused some issues because they weren't set in stone. We're working together to make the overall appeal of cards even better, adding variety, specialty shows, we're working on the issues people had with the PPV posters, we're overhauling the championship stuff with contenders and matches and feuds...I see XWL going up from here, more so than it was, it's getting fairer, giving more chances, rewarding effort, I hope everyones' enjoying themselves, it's hard to please everyone all of the time, but I hope it's at least fun, and the bad is evened out by some sort of good that makes the bad not as bad...I'm kind of bad at speeches and I'm making going on and on too much, but you know XWL is basically like a second family to me.

I've grown to know a lot of you, maybe things aren't as great as they used to be community wise. We need more involvement from members, idle comments on stuff, good job, grats, loved the promo, awshit, stuff like that, it's small not demanding feedback on everything but just like...you know stuff that shows we're all having fun and being vocal about that. Maybe some past instances have made some members against what we had before, and if so I'm sorry, it's a hard process to run a league, but I do hope in the coming year, we can make up for the past and just rebuild the strong community we used to have.

That being said, I'm still proud of the league we're apart of today, I wouldn't change a thing because the mistakes, the bad decisions, they all were instrumental in making better decisions and turning those mistakes into learning experiences. I thank each and every member we've ever had, and members we've just gotten for making these five years possible. It's ridiculous to think that the small thread on IGN, turned into this huge thing, shout out to Bang for the INCREDIBLE graphics that make XWL look great. But yeah thanks for dealing with my crap, and building what we have before us. Now that I've bored all of you with stuff you probably don't care about...let's get to The Member Awards!

Member Awards

Admin of The Year...

Regardless of winners and losers, every admin, no matter how little, or how much they do, are really instrumental in the league running. I work now, so I can't just do everything like I used to, so this six months it's been great to have the support of the admins, it's been a little rough obviously, but we're finding our mark together. You know you do something yourself for so long, so much of it, it's hard to get in a new groove. But we've done that, thanks to all of the nominees.

David

Gregg

Austin

Seme

Bang

Stay

Gaz

Did I really just thank myself? Well I'm not the one that nominated me so :run: 

Some of those are no longer admins, Gregg, Stay, they were great help, but unfortunately had to step down but they were replaced by Gaz and Seme, two additions that it's been hard to, but have filled their void. So while Seme and Gaz may be new, they've already done enough in my eyes these last few weeks to deserve some recognition, though admin of the year is a bit of a stretch :L  

Bang and Austin have been great, Bang's done a "bang" up job on the graphics (I couldn't resist.) hass gotten way more involved, adding the power 10 which is great and really adds something special, and then Austin, he does it all, he's been that support I needed that I didn't even know was there at first. The Admins are crucial for a successful league, and I'm thankful to have the ones that I've had, and have right now. So now that I've made you scroll down to avoid yet again another speech, let's find out who is admin of the year!

It's....

GREGG!!!!

XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards RQ0bi8TXWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards TC1m40nXWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards ZaLmgC7

Though no longer admin, Gregg made an impact that I myself appreciate. He was always helpful, vocal with ideas, and when I needed help, no matter....when we needed someone to be that voice of calming a situation, he was it. He was extremely hard working, managed such a daunting task of overalls, he just did a lot people and when I say he deserves this, I mean he DESERVES this. Hated to see you step down, but thanks to your help your last month, you helped us follow the standards you set and brought to the team. So Congratulations Gregg! cheers 

Member of the Year...

This is an award that embodies a member that goes above and beyond the call of duty as a member. He helps out, he's constantly suggesting new changes, he's commenting, reviewing, adding to discussion, livening up the place...Member of the Year is that member that everyone wants to work with, respects, likes, and appreciates. This could describe a multitude of people, some more so than others, but a little bit goes a long way, every member is appreciated for what they contribute, be it big or small, but this award goes to the person that makes such an impact on the league, that to not give them this award would be absurd.

So the nominees are...

Adam

Krzy

Seme

Jon

Jiggas

Zander

David

Dash

Liam

There y'all go making me unintentionally praise myself again because I'm grouped with those eight other awesome people. Anyways....

The award goes to...

Drum roll please.............

KRZY!!!

XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards QUIPGq9XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Y7WP7Q9XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards XKg0tiV

Without a doubt, Krzy is one of the most hard working members. Be it coming up with fresh and innovative storylines, never giving up on his attempt to bring a tag division to XWL, no matter how many times it doesn't work out, he refuses to give up and that's something you have to admire. Because Krzy doesn't just give up when something fails the first time, he looks to bring exciting things that he not only enjoys but others do too. He has dedication that probably no one else here has, and I personally thank him for that, because it might not be easy, but when the tag scene eventually works out for XWL, we'll all have him to thank, that I guarantee you. Krzy is Member of The Year for two years in a row because he's simply Krzy, and because he helps people do write-ups that he's not even apart of without even being asked and he's awesome for it <3  

Promo'r of the Year

Promos are something that without a doubt have just transcended in quality since the league began. To look at promos back then, and compare them to the average promo now, you'd think we were the worst and how in the world did things ever change. But over the time as more members join with their own styles, people adapt to the changes and come up with styles of their own. Some go the more descriptive route, some go humor based, some go for a connection. And those are all things that make a great promo'r because we're supposed to enjoy them, we're supposed to wanna read them, and they're supposed to blow whatever promos happen in real life out of the water, and they really do. But that takes a special kind of member, which we have quite a many of. The nominees for Promo'r of the Year are....

David

Gregg

Adam

AJ

Jiggas

Jon

Shuggz

Zander

Krzy

Ash

Bang

Austin

Just eleven of the greats, and me....so who did you vote Promo'r of The Year?

The Winner is....

Periods and periods and periods.....

I mean WINNERS are....

Zander &  Krzy!

XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards JkOPVLbXWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards F3BUuyzXWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards RAwUuGSXWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards QUIPGq9XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Y7WP7Q9XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards XKg0tiV

Easily the closest category of the Entire Slammy Awards, each and every single one of the nominees are exceptional, but when it comes to Zander and Krzy, they are example of truly great promo'rs. Zander brought The Rock character to XWL, before him there was no Rock because no one had the skill to pull him off, and then in comes Zander making us think he's actually The Rock posing online as some guy from Scotland playing The Rock in an online league for shits and giggles. But he's not just a one trick pony, each time he does a promo you can tell actually effort goes into it, and he embodies the character, making it near impossible to not see play out in your head as you read it.

But perhaps the best at doing that, Krzy. He influenced my style of promo'ing when I saw his descriptive detail a while back, and damn does he know how to tell a story and pull you in. Reading one of Krzy's promos is like watching it on TV. No matter who he is, no matter how low the character may be in appeal to everyone else, he turns them into stars. He gives them characters that you wanna get invested, and he goes above and beyond to add such a quality to all of his promos that just can't be ignored. One of the best promo'rs, but overall storytellers in the league, and one day we'll have our feud us flag 

Congratulations to both Zander and Krzy, two of the best at promo'ing and this years tandem winners of Promo'r of the Year!

Best New Member...

New members make it possible for the league to remain fresh, but continue on in the loss of big members that had to leave. A void needs to be filled by someone capable of bringing back what we lose from time to time, and that is what a "Best New Member" does. From the moment they arrive we take notice, we see the effort, we see the potential, we see the future before our eyes. Because they don't just do the bare minimum, they look to excel and show us why they won't be seen as a "newb" for long. This year's Nominees are...

DieCobros

Liam

Suntan

Dash

DashingDJUrie

Darkwolf

Six members that showed that spark within them, that ability to bring something extra special to the league, and so XWL, your Member Of The Year is....

LIAM!

XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards DZn5qegXWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards K6jDi5VXWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards 40BQdDS

Congratulations Liam! Well deserved, from the first day you got here to this very day, it's undeniable about how great of an addition you've been to the league. You've done all of the above, been willing to help with any and everything...been actively involved since your first day, and in your first year became The World Heavyweight Champion! You've had some fun feuds to follow since joining, your promos have been great, and your activity (aside from when you moved) has been exceptional. You've grown so much since joining, and I'm sure in the coming year you'll win more titles, have even better feuds, and possibly be a strong candidate for Member of The Year when the Sixth Anniversary (hopefully) rolls around.

Most Improved Member..

This award symbolizes a member that's undergone a huge growth over the last year, maybe they weren't always the best at promos and suddenly started kicking ass. Maybe they've had some great feuds this year that have made members take notice more than before. Either way this category recognizes those that have improved, being nominated is winning in itself because it means you need to keep up the good work, and that your hard work is getting noticed....so those nominees are...

Pats

Liam

Oreo

Sdogg

DashingDJUrie

Gaz

But there can only be one winner....unless we tie again, but that winner...

Is..................

OREO(ZV!)

XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards OLFkr60XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards 7ewWje1

Improvement can be measured in a lot of ways, for Oreo, consistency is real key factor of why he is most improved. He's always been great, always been a fun opponent, and one of my personal most enjoyable person to face in matches. But some hiccups along the way have stopped him from being that great member he was capable of. The abrupt leaving periods, such as leaving shortly after winning The United States Championship last year, it hurt him in regards to reliability, because of the "what if" it happens again. But throughout the last year he's proven the past is indeed the past by exceeding expectations, entertaining all of us with his promos, most recently as Reigns and Adrian Neville and the feuds that they're apart of. ZV is Most Improved because that's what he's done, improve on his overall league responsibility, which is what matters most when it comes to how members can truly help the league, being reliable. So Congratulations, and keep up the good work!

Most Underrated Member...

When you think of someone who is underrated, you think of someone may produce some great promos and feuds but they may not get the recognition or praise that they deserve. Their promo may simply just get overshadowed by something that was just posted after them, people may just not  noticed it was posted or people may simply just not take the time to comment on it. The point of this award, the most underrated member award, is to let this member know that despite the fact you may sometimes feel that your work may go unappreciated; we really do appreciate all that you bring to the table. So without further a due, allow me to introduce to you the nominations.

Oreo
Dash
Dashing DJ Urie
Liam
Jiggas

And the winner is…

Jiggas!

XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards HpmLQkz XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards T9c0bx4

Congratulations Jiggas! I think I speak for pretty much most of the league when I say this, but your work as Kevin Steen and now Austin Aries is top notch work that could pass as Main Event material. You could hang with the likes of Zander, Krzy and David if given the chance but people sometimes forget how good your work exactly is. Even in your days of being the American Wolf we all came to know and love, you pulled out some of the most entertaining promos this league has to offer. I’d say that you are on your way to becoming a soon to be XWL World Heavyweight Champion, without a doubt about that, so until then, just keep up the good work while continuing to tell people to “Fuck off!”

Most Likely to Succeed...

A lot can happen in three hundred and sixty five days, especially in XWL. You could work to capture one of the prestigious championships that XWL has to offer, may it be the United States, Intercontinental, Divas or even the World Heavyweight Championship. You could help create the next big feud that members will remember for years to come. You could even work your way to capturing one of the prestigious Slammy Awards that we have to offer. Anyone and everyone has what it takes to accomplish something here, but even though anyone can win a championship or make a good feud, only one person can have a better year than anyone else. This award, the most likely to succeed in the upcoming year award, is meant to let a certain member know that the league has confidence that you are going to make it big in the upcoming three hundred and sixty five days. Without further ado, here are the nominations for the most likely to succeed in the upcoming year award.

Liam
Seme
David
Pats
DashingDJUrie
Oreo
Bang
Dash
Jon
Darkwolf
Austin
Gregg
Stay
Jiggas

And the winner is…

Oreo(ZV!)

XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards 7ewWje1 XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards OLFkr60

First of all, I’ve got to say congratulations to Oreo! He’s been on a roll when it comes to posting near weekly promos as Roman Reigns and Adrian Neville, certainly setting himself up for a championship match in the near future if I do say so myself. He’s already achieved a decent amount of success in XWL, capturing the United States Championship on one previous occasion. The occasion certainly wasn’t that long, but within this next year, it could be Oreo’s time to redeem himself of that reign. But just because he’s won a championship once before, that doesn’t mean this could be his year to achieve even more in XWL. Wish you the best of the luck in this next year Oreo, can’t let the league down now that they voted on you!

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees, we're five years strong because of people like you, and while it's a week late, Happy 5th Anniversary! Be sure to congratulate all the winners, leave any comments you like, and let's celebrate XWL and the members that make it so great! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:20 am

Congrats to all the winners and happy Slammys! Big props to my man Oreo!
Back to top Go down
Sex Ferguson
Mid Card
Sex Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:44 am

Wow, this is awesome. Thanks to everyone who voted for me. I'll make sure you guys don't regret it.

ThatGuy wrote:
The abrupt leaving periods, such as leaving shortly after winning The United States Championship last year, it hurt him in regards to reliability, because of the "what if" it happens again.
This won't happen again. I'm in this for the long haul.

...unless I die or something, then you know...
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 7:55 am

Thanks guys <3
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:50 am

Congrats all. I know I haven't been around much, and I apologize again for that but, being in this league has definitely created a lot of memories for me. Whether that be in the game or the league as a whole. We've all shared some great stories together. Here's to another five years cheers
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Liam
Mid Card
Liam

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Massive props to David for that write up/ speech never easy, and congratulations to not only all the winners but all the nominee's too!

And of course massive thanks to everyone who voted for me hug

Happy slammys!
Back to top Go down
Twiztid
Mid Card
Twiztid

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:49 pm

even i though i feel i am not liked or hated i would like to say congrats everyone and i enjoy being in the league with you yall if it means anything :/
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Congrats to all the winners !cheers 
Back to top Go down
Ash
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Well done everyone!
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Z plz can let some other people win promo'r of the year for once
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Jonguin wrote:
Z plz can let some other people win promo'r of the year for once
I did :| Krzy won
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Congrats to all the winners. cheers 

Thanks to whoever voted for me.
Back to top Go down
Jiggas
Mid Card
Jiggas

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 7:33 am

Congratz to all the winners

and thank you for all voted me it is much appreciated!!!
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:38 am

Congrats everyone!
Back to top Go down
Moontan
Mid Card
Moontan

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:53 am

Congrats to all the winners and thank you for even nominating me <3
Back to top Go down
Alveuss
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Congratulations everyone who won and all nominees.

I now have a year to make my mark here and get where you guys are Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards   XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL 5th Anniversary Member Awards
Page 1 of 1