Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results

Go down 
+4
Ash
Jonguin
Adam
Bang
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Empty
PostSubject: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Little over four years ago, David started XWL then known as WCW on the boards of IGN, today it's know grown into one of the bigger e-feds and one of very few with such longevity. Even though the vast majority of original members have since left XWL has continued to have a great group of members that has helped it become what it is today, that being a community of wrestling fans who come here to have fun and enjoy the yearly WWE game and create storylines with others. Considering the vast boringly, cheap, repetitive crap that ranked matches has forever been it's great that there's such a strong number of people who want to have a good game with others and actually enjoy the game online. Because of XWL we have been able to do that and the admins work hard to keep it that way for the last four years.

For reference the following link are where XWL began:

http://boards.ign.com/wwe_smackdown/b6546/173735694/p1

XWL then spilled over to another thread on IGN:

http://boards.ign.com/wwe_smackdown/b6546/177517545/p1

About eighteen or nineteen months ago XWL moved to forumotion where it remains today, giving it earlier navigation and a lot cleaner and crisper presentation.

I don't know about you guys but I haven't been in a league that's lasted even nearly as long as XWL has, and honestly I find it pretty incredible that it has. As a member in XWL for almost the length of time XWL has been on Forumotion I've seen a lot of members come and go, I've seen some damn weird promos and gimmicks and even weirder and crazier members, and I've seen some epic matches, some insanely good promos, and had a lot of laughs with a lot of you guys. Which is pretty much why this is happening right now, to recognise the efforts the members and admins have put in through the past year to make this place what it's become. And even though not everyone can win a Slammy it doesn't go without saying without us all putting in effort and work then XWL wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is, and that all of your efforts and dedication is appreciated.

Just over a week ago voting opened for the Slammy awards for the last twelve months and on Saturday the voting came to an end with you, the members voting who you felt was most deserving of these awards. During this weeks Breakdown show the winners of the Superstar and Diva Slammy's will be revealed, but now the winner's of the members awards will be revealed. Congratulations to all the winners.

Admin of the year:

Nominations

Gaz (Gazza)
Dave (ThatGuy)
Krzy (ThéKrzyÓné)
Kyle (Fn)
Jon (Ray Narvaez Jr.)
Gregg (SinAndBonez)

And the winner is...

Gaz!

XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results RedemptiontriplehXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results RedemptionevetorresXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Breakdownbryan

While all the admins we've had this year have all been good admins and some have taken a lot more shit than others, whether it's a petty argument, someone chronically switching or repeating trying to join as well as booking the cards and keeping the rosters up to date, they've all had to do put a lot of time and effort in ensuring that XWL runs how it does and the cool tournaments, championships and such that we as members get the benefit of. Not to discredit anything the other admins we've had this past year but for the most part at least for me it always seemed that there were really two go to admins, them being David and Gaz, both of which deserve a ton of credit as well as the others, but what edged it for me was whenever someone had a good idea or even a potentially good idea Gaz would fight for it more often to be implemented, which is why for me he deserves for award.

Member of the year:

Nominations

Krzy (ThéKrzyÓné)
Adam
Bang
Gaz (Gazza)
Gregg (SinAndBonez)
Zander
Austin
Ash
Legal
RCP

And the winner is...

Krzy!

XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results RedemptionmschifXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results BreakdownalexshelleyXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Redemptionicchavo

I don't think there was any surprise that Krzy won the member of the year on the back of his hugely popular weekly Newsletter prior to becoming an admin. I can't imagine how long it took you to write the article or even how you decided what to write about each week, then the entire show reviews every week including every promo and write-up, the interview with a superstar each week, and how you thought of questions, then the rumour columns and the rankings and everything else you put into it. If multiple members did it together it would of been impressive, but the fact you did it alone is incredible. With that on top of consistently promo'ing with your characters to such a high standard, there really wasn't any question whether or not you deserve to win this.

Best promo'er:

Nominations

Krzy (ThéKrzyÓné)
Zander
Shuggz
Adam
Bang
Gregg (SinAndBonez)

And the winner is...

A tie between Zander and Adam!

XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results RedemptiondolphXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results BreakdownajlXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Breakdownmiz
XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results BreakdowntherockXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Redemptionrandy

Where do you start here? On one hand you've got Z who's been phenomenal as Rock all year whether he's been a face or a heel and had his character down perfectly and done just as well with Orton too, and then there's Adam who since he's comeback to XWL has been amazing as Dolph Ziggler and on fire with The Miz. Z feuds against Ted and Punk have been brought to another level with such great promos with The Rock, as has your currently ongoing feud as Orton against Brock Lesnar, you've simply been writing amazing promo's all year long. Then as for Adam, your current feud against Chris Jericho(Red) has been really enjoyable, and your recently joint promo with him got a ton of great feedback and rightfully so, I know you were considering dropping Miz when you came back and I'm delighted that you decided not to do so, even though I'm sure you would of done a great job with whoever you picked up instead and was why I said I'd rather you be Mick Foley then me if you decided to go for him. You both really deserve this award and I know I'm speaking for most of us when I say I hope to see a Rock vs. Miz feud in the near future.

Best New Member:

Nominations

Stay (Stay✔)
Oreo (Local Competitor)

And the winner is...

Stay!

XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results BreakdowndivaschampionbXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results RedemptionxtremejomoXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Breakdownnikki

We haven't really had much recently as for amazing new members and for me this was a no brainier, not only do you churn out a lot of interesting segments with your characters, whether it's an interview, a promo, a skit, a match or commentary, you do way more then what's expected of you and it's great to see people go the extra mile. And on top of that you've really become part of XWL, regularly in chat and talking with other members something a lot of newer guys don't tend to do. I'm always interested reading your Bella stuff and your SOS stuff is great too, you've been a very good X-Treme champion something that belt hasn't had in a while and I hope you can make it a more valued championship again. I don't think it's any surprise that you've achieved as much as you have so far in XWL, and you'll definitely go a lot further soon enough.

Most improved:

Nominations

Legal
RCP
Chris (Chris Savior)

And the winner is...

Legal!

XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results RedemptiondeanambroseXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results BreakdownchrissabinXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Redemptionkharma

I remember when you first joined XWL, you promo'd infrequently and the quality was no where near as good as it is now and I'm happy David took the chance in feuding with you at the back end of last year as you got a lot better in the last 12 months. Even going into Final Stand IV this year I wouldn't of thought you'd of gone as far as you have this year, but as the MITB holder and a continued feud with Ted DiBiase, your promo'ing ability grow even more, and then even though your cash in and unsuccessful, you managed to get your hands on a Intercontinental championship for a short while and mainevent a few PPV's. I'm really looking forward to seeing your stuff in the next year.

Most underrated:

Nominations

Oreo (Local Competitor)
Legal
Ash
Austin
Jon (Ray Narvaez Jr.)
Sdogg (sdogg50c)
Mick (MicksterG951)
Kyle (Fn)
Sable
RCP
Stay (Stay✔)
Adam

And the winner is...

Sdogg!

XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results BreakdownwadeXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results BreakdowndaffneyXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Redemptiondrewmcintyre

Filling Red's shoes as Wade Barrett was never going to be easy, and even though your promo's as Wade have been good maybe it's effected how the promo's are looked at in comparison. I enjoyed your Daffney stuff, I thought that was an interesting why of bringing her in. You're clearly a good promo'er, probably a lot better then you think you are, and to me all it really seems is you just need that one good feud with someone and you'll improve a whole lot more and stuff providing some of the better promo's here. If you could get that and promo'd more consistently your ability to promo would go leaps and bounds.

Most likely to succeed in the coming year:

Nominations

Stay (Stay✔)
P1
Legal
RCP
Adam
Oreo (Local Competitor)
Sdogg (sdogg50c)
Dave (ThatGuy)

And the winner is...

A tie between Stay and Adam!

XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results RedemptiondolphXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results BreakdownajlXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Breakdownmiz
XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results BreakdowndivaschampionbXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results RedemptionxtremejomoXWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Breakdownnikki

I can't remember who I voted for, and this being a tie between the two of you really isn't a surprise as I was sure it would be one of you two who would win this. As I've already said on both of your other awards you both promo often and to a very high standard keeping me interested through out them and clearly the other members think so as well. You've both done some great stuff these past few months and I'm sure you'll both be prevalent figures in XWL in the year to come.

Once more, if you won an award, congratulations, if you were nominated then hopefully you won't be disheartened as your contribution is greatly valued, as is everyone's who actively contributes to XWL. If you didn't win an award or weren't nominated, it's not to say you're not valued, because you are and hopefully you'll all be here next year for the 2013 Slammys. However that won't happen unless all of us pull our weight and do our matches week in week out and put the effort expected of us to make it worth while of the admins to put in such more effort and work into running this place. And on a personal note, thanks for an awesome year in XWL, and if you guys have anything to say to the winners, or even the winner's wishing to thank whoever voted for them, and let's look forward to twelve more months in XWL!
Back to top Go down
Adam
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:08 am

Congrats to the winners and thanks for the votes XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results 1353242207089
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 2:41 pm

One day i hope to win a reward Sad
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 pm

All I need is Ash's love </3
Back to top Go down
Ash
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Ray Narvaez Jr. wrote:
All I need is Ash's love </3

I voted for you, baby <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Congrats to all the winners. Batista Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:52 pm

ewantu2 wrote:
One day i hope to win a reward Sad
Me too, maybe one year we'll win an award.

But congrats to all of the winners.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Appreciate Bang putting this thread together, congratulations to all the winners, especially Gaz, you're a life saver sometimes when it comes to running the league. hug
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:01 pm

XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results 4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif

Thanks guys, that's the one I wanted.
Back to top Go down
Stay✔
Mid Card
Stay✔

PostSubject: Re: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 7:45 am

Thanks guys for the votes, and congrats to all the winners. Again, thanks to everyone who voted and participated. XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results 2785

And thanks to Bang for writing this up cheers
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:15 am

Congrats to everyone who won one, and thanks to everyone who voted for me.

:ddp:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results   XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Slammy Awards: Member Results
Page 1 of 1