Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked

Go down 
+17
mandyrosestan
Harmon
T-Roll
Plus
KingWolf
Strummania
IIYoungg
Slothio
Shootist
imagohard2nite
Zack
Oreo
Tango
LazyEye513
Austin
Pringle96`
P.R Son
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Empty
PostSubject: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 1:08 pm

Introduction

Periodically the admin team likes to throw out a survey for EVERY member to respond to, whether they've been here a week, a month, a year or more. This is to pick their brain and gain a different perspective from our own. Maybe we've loved an idea and you hated it, tell us, and explain why so that we can see things from your point of view, and maybe make necessary changes to line up better with your beliefs. So please, make it a priority to answer these questions as honestly as possible. Your opinion will not upset us, what will upset us is if we could have changed something to improve your experience, and you don't tell us.

As the title clearly states, any member that doesn't take part in this survey by the end of International Incident will not be booked until they do. This is because it's important to us that we hear from every member, often times things can go unnoticed, things can slip through the cracks, and we want to have this open discussion to make every member feel as if their voice matters because it does. An example I'll give is back at Breakthrough a match happened that almost didn't because of a policy/decision we had made regarding match types, but after multiple discussions, that changed. It even introduced our new appeal process where people can dispute our decisions in a respectful manner to try and give us a point of view we maybe didn't fully grasp before. Like Zack, he was only allowed to be one character, but he appealed that, and so we gave him the chance on a trial basis to be 2. So we want that with all of you, we want you to take the time to do this survey, because you may think repeating something someone already said is pointless, but to us it shows that there are multiple people who feel this way, so it's more likely to result in that issue being addressed.

This is an open forum for everyone to let their voices be heard, and members are encouraged to give their thoughts on others ideas and answers, just remember to do so respectfully, thank you.

What do you like most about XWL?

What do you like least about XWL?

When it comes to booking, what is your overall assessment of how you've been booked? Is there enough variety? Could there be more? Do you want all of your characters booked every week? Or do you want them sporadically booked? And most of all do you believe we're presenting your characters as best as possible, or could we do better?

What is your opinion of The "PPV Awards" do you like them? Do you like the stories that go along with each winner of every category? Or is this something you don't really pay attention to, and the stories are just not important to you? Do you just want us to put a similar post out with just the winners, and leave it at that?

How do you feel about The Current XWL Championships? Are title matches happening often enough, or too often? Do you want more titles? Less titles? Tell us.

The decision process when it comes to setting up a Champion's next challenger is a mix of contender matches, which we self-admittedly agree could happen more often. And also taking a Character's recent body of work and the stories they've been apart of to put forth a potentially entertaining and great story by simply deciding a challenger instead of putting it up to chance. Do you agree with both processes? Do you feel as if we've been fair when deciding what happens, and who it happens with?

The XWL Overall System was brought in over a year ago now, are there any issues you see with it that could be addressed? Such as overall boosts happening too often, or not often enough? What "rewards" would you like to see added that you could spend your earned points on other than the ones currently implemented?

If you could change one thing about XWL, what would it be, and why?

Interplayer issues are never something we like to deal with, but unfortunately, with a wide range of differing personalities, they're virtually unavoidable. Whether it be lack of communication, accountability, or problems with a match, how would you like us to respond to these situations?

Ask us ANYTHING
For this final section of The XWL 2018 Survey, we'd like to give you the opportunity to ask The Admins ANY question about the league.

OPTIONAL QUESTION

Pitch us an idea to improve the overall experience of XWL, it could pertain to the site, the titles, the booking, the shows, anything.

Back to top Go down
Pringle96`
Jobber

XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Empty
PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 2:04 pm

It is fair and everyone especially admins are easy to reach out to when you have problems.

Bitchy people

When it comes to booking, what is your overall assessment of how you've been booked? Is there enough variety? Could there be more? Do you want all of your characters booked every week? Or do you want them sporadically booked? And most of all do you believe we're presenting your characters as best as possible, or could we do better?

I believe I have been booked fairly for what I participate in here and I am pretty happy with the booking system. I have already discussed with one of the admins and I believe it is ok but I have asked to have my characters rotate been booked each week once I bring Foley back in.  

What is your opinion of The "PPV Awards" do you like them? Do you like the stories that go along with each winner of every category? Or is this something you don't really pay attention to, and the stories are just not important to you? Do you just want us to put a similar post out with just the winners, and leave it at that?

I really like this I think it shows people that people are paying attention to their stuff and I like the stories as well.

How do you feel about The Current XWL Championships? Are title matches happening often enough, or too often? Do you want more titles? Less titles? Tell us.

I feel the xwl titles are fine and title matches are happening often enough. Maybe the only other title if there was interest in having it for me that could be added would be the tag titles but apart from that I am cool with everything.

The decision process when it comes to setting up a Champion's next challenger is a mix of contender matches, which we self-admittedly agree could happen more often. And also taking a Character's recent body of work and the stories they've been apart of to put forth a potentially entertaining and great story by simply deciding a challenger instead of putting it up to chance. Do you agree with both processes? Do you feel as if we've been fair when deciding what happens, and who it happens with?

I feel you guys have been fair. If people are putting the work in then you reward them and if they aren't then they just get booked in matches and that is it. I am the perfect example off this as this time last year I was in the elite/ic title seen because I was very active so I was rewarded for that whilst lately I haven't been so I am not looked at which to me is how the system should work.

The XWL Overall System was brought in over a year ago now, are there any issues you see with it that could be addressed? Such as overall boosts happening too often, or not often enough? What "rewards" would you like to see added that you could spend your earned points on other than the ones currently implemented?

I don't use this system as my characters have default overalls so unfortunately I don't have anything to say on this. It does look to be working well though.

I really can't think off anything

Interplayer issues are never something we like to deal with, but unfortunately, with a wide range of differing personalities, they're virtually unavoidable. Whether it be lack of communication, accountability, or problems with a match, how would you like us to respond to these situations?

I think everything is handled fairly and the admins do really well in situations in my experience.

Ask us ANYTHING
For this final section of The XWL 2018 Survey, we'd like to give you the opportunity to ask The Admins ANY question about the league.

It probably already listed but I have been wondering when you reverse a finisher and it then stops the other person from reversing can you hit a finisher and win ?

OPTIONAL QUESTION

Pitch us an idea to improve the overall experience of XWL, it could pertain to the site, the titles, the booking, the shows, anything.

At this point in time I can't think of anything but if I do I will let you guys know

Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Pringle96` wrote:
Ask us ANYTHING

It probably already listed but I have been wondering when you reverse a finisher and it then stops the other person from reversing can you hit a finisher and win?

I assume you're talking about triggering a major reversal and winning off of that? If so, yes, there's nothing against in the rules against it. You are allowed to win like that because it's a feature that the game offers. There are quite a few people who frown upon the idea of it so, with that, I would say go for it... but try not to abuse it. It shouldn't ever be the only way you try to win, but we recognize that it can bring out exciting endings depending on the situation in which it happens. This goes for everyone.
Back to top Go down
LazyEye513
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 2:58 pm

What I like most about XWL is the the emphasis on story telling. I like that we put telling narrative so much around here. And when people stay their characters a while (April for example) it lets you interact with everyone so much more and opens up interesting routes towards feuding.

My least favorite thing? Probably Tyler as Intercontinental Champion. We used to have standards around here. On a serious note...I feel like maybe the stories focus too much on the same stories. Maybe they should shift around just a little more, let people know they acknowledge that their work is seen

I think booking is fine. Obviously there are people you'd rather face than others but it can't be helped. i enjoy being booked every week unless I ask otherwise so it's going fine with me

PPV Awards are still a great way of telling people that they've done a great job either with their match, promo, feud build up ect. I feel like it's the best feedback we have (Which while good, is kind of sad and I should really review stuff more like I used to in SOOL) plus I understand it helps with the Slammy's so lets keep it around!

All the champion are great. Strum, Tyler, GoHard, and Taco have all worked really hard to get those titles. Plus, it may be the first time in a while that it wasn't mostly heels holding the majority of the titles lol

Picking challengers for a title is not perfect, never will be perfect, and that's just that. Doesn't mean we can't have a conversation but i mean...you can't just ignore if someone has been on a huge winning streak and not toss their name into the hat. At the same time someone who loses more than others but promos their ass off can't be ignored either. I understand when you're frustrated when it comes to these things (I felt as I was stuck in limbo as Dean for a little) but there are just too many people to to not be passed over form time to time

Uh, the overall system is still good. Everyone uses it a benefits from it I'd say I'm racking my brain to try and see another use for the points other than getting title shots but that would be abused because gaining points isn't difficult and some of us have more points than we know what to do with! Still, i'm glad everyone can give their lower overall characters a fighting chance (My Luke Harper 81 overall pops into mind -_-)

I think there are times we get stuck into a mood like...if there is a certain type of match, we'll only want new people to be in it (new people or new characters) Or people who haven't won a title, or have never performed in the match before. And I think that's a good thing but I think stories might benefit from have a "veteran" in those matches. Like, if we did a money in the bank, have someone who been in a few ladder matches, or won a title, or even been in one before adds an element to the story that could be fun. I'm all for new people getting their shot, just maybe don't forget about some older members who might not have anything going on at that time. I guess I would change that but that's still something where I can see the other side. Also, where the HELL is my elimination chamber at?!

I feel like shitty things happen in matches and if me as a regular member, not an admin, tries to correct someone it can be seen as hostile. I think that if a problem happens, maybe those members should be brought into an admin chat so multiple members can give their thoughts.

Probably wasn't a great survey I gave but eh...I'm usually at best happy and worst, content. I just like being apart of fun things which is why if I hear a tournament or Money in the Bank is approaching I try to just in head first lol. Though, doing this does have me thinking about doing what GoHard left off and maybe trying to revive a power 10. #PushDean #PushLukeHarper #GiveAprilAChanceShe'sNeverEvenBeenChampion! #GiveMeAPosterBecauseILikeWritingOpenings

Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 4:31 pm

I like that it’s a place where we can all come together, have some fun, write out some cool things and hang out. We don’t have to deal with the overly dramatic fans that places like Twitter and Tumblr have. We’re all sane here, for the most part, and it makes for a really enjoyable place.

As an admin, my least favorite thing is when members misunderstand our intentions as the people in charge. We're not trying to be assholes or trying to push people around with our powers. We do things for a reason, usually a good reason, and I wish people would understand that. As a member, it's probably when people take this too seriously. At the end of the day, no matter how you look at it, this is a league that 99% of the world doesn't know about. There's no reason to take this too seriously. You're not hot shit because you've got a championship in some online league.

I’ve never had any complaints about my booking. Tyler does, and has always done, a good job as the head booker. Assuming I had two characters for Tyler to book, I would prefer to have one character booked at a time unless you needed to have the both of them booked. Like in real life, I don’t really see the need for both of my characters to have matches week after week. Sometimes having an off week for them is nice and needed from time to time.

I think they’re perfect. I think they’re a nice little incentive for everyone to try and push themselves a little harder at the pay-per-views and as an admin, they make our jobs easier for when it comes time to figure out things for the Slammy awards. The little stories that follow them are nice because it gives you a little reminder of what happened during the show for the person to win the award.

I’m still not the biggest fan of the Elite championship. I know we’ve tried a lot to make it work but in my honest opinion, nothing is working. I have zero interest in the championship. Even when I was champion and was holding the belt, I had zero interest in the championship. I know we’ve been trying to have championship matches more often and there should be one (maybe two if we, the admins, decide on another) between II and Emergence. I feel like we’ve gotten better at that and are making more legitimate defenses happen.

As an admin, I can honestly say we’ve been as fair as possible with offering championship matches. Sometimes it might take us a little while to provide people with opportunities and things happen but we’re always trying our best to give out all the opportunities that people have earned and truly deserve. I would like to see more contender matches play out in the future but sometimes, there’s just one person who deserves the shot more than anyone and we want them in the scene. And sometimes, if the admins feel like you've been involved with a championship a lot in the past few months and have got plenty of chances, please, respect the fact that you might have to take a step back and do some feuds for a little. We try our best and we can't always have the same people in the scene.

I think what we have is good and shouldn't be changed. It has fixed some things that have been plaguing the league for a long time and I don't think it could be improved much, personally. If you're not a fan of the system then you can ignore it and do nothing with it. The system is only there if you want it to be there. You can go through it, play around with it and have some fun with it or you can go about your day without worrying about it. It works out for everyone.

I know it can't be changed, but I would want to change the attitudes that some people have.

Go to David and let him deal with it. I'm being serious when I say this because no one can solve issues better than David. Not to shit on myself or the rest of the admins but... seriously, there is no one better to solve things than David. Whenever someone, including myself, needs a good kick in the ass, David is good at doing just that.
Back to top Go down
Tango
Mid Card
Tango

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 1:25 am

I like the fact that we can come together as a cohesive unit and are able to do things and play things out close to how we think/wish things could be played out IRL

The one thing I like the least is the advancement of the overall system, I feel as if we should be rewarded more points when it comes to promos/matches etc. Maybe even a Bonus if you get match/promo of the ppv, maybe even a bonus if you win a title match.

I have no complaints, I know there are times where we have so many people we cant match everyone up each and every week.

Personally, I like it. It gives recognition to the ones who truly went above and beyond to do the match/promo or even have the creative sense to have rivalry of the ppv.

As long as it fits storyline wise I feel it is okay to have it where the championship isn’t defended every ppv (Brock is allowed IRL why don’t we try it?)

The decision process when it comes to setting up a Champion's next challenger is a mix of contender matches, which we self-admittedly agree could happen more often. And also taking a Character's recent body of work and the stories they've been a part of to put forth a potentially entertaining and great story by simply deciding a challenger instead of putting it up to chance. Do you agree with both processes? Do you feel as if we've been fair when deciding what happens, and who it happens with?

I feel as if so yes.

As I mentioned above the earned points I think could be increased slightly.

Why change something if it’s working? I see no flaws/issues whatsoever from my point of view

Just talk to them personally, if someone has an issue bring it up ask about it and handle the situation accordingly. I feel as if it’s the only way to actually figure out what is going on.

Ask us ANYTHING
How do you feel we/I do in this league? Are there any changes you could make/suggest that you feel could make us better?

OPTIONAL QUESTION

Promoing/Promo formatting class. I see a lot of new comers come in and sometimes the stuff can be a hard to look at/understand do to sometimes the formatting is off or maybe they are brand new to this type of stuff and don’t realize some of the options they have to work with. (I don’t even know how to use all of the shortcuts for match spoilers etc... and other things at the top of the page)
Back to top Go down
Oreo
Mid Card
Oreo

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 11:07 am

Great/entertaining work by everyone. I also really enjoy the graphics around the website.

The points directory isn't updated as often as I feel it could. Sometimes it could go weeks without being updated. Also, need updated/new emoticons.

Booking has been pretty good so far. Maybe could have more variety like multi-man matches and such. Like a couple three/four-way instead of all singles matches.

I think the PPV Awards are fine how they are.

I like the Championships now. Right amount, but I wouldn't mind the addition of a 24/7 title defended once or twice a show. Razz

I'd prefer maybe putting two or more people who have been putting in a lot of good work into a contenders match instead of choosing. Maybe a ranking system or something?

I think the Overall System is fine as it is. Can't think of an new "rewards" at the moment.

The deceased wrestlers rule. It's nice to remember their legacy, but I'd imagine there are people that would like to play as some of their favorite wrestlers/legends from the past that might be deceased.

Maybe point deductions for people at fault?

Ask us ANYTHING
What do you feel members could do a better job of? Whether it be in promos, matches, or general league stuff? Also, is water wet?
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 6:54 pm

Capt. Oreo wrote:
Ask us ANYTHING
What do you feel members could do a better job of? Whether it be in promos, matches, or general league stuff? Also, is water wet?

MangoTango wrote:
Ask us ANYTHING
Are there any changes you could make/suggest that you feel could make us better?

This is my personal opinion but, in all honesty, I wish people could do a better job at keeping the women's division active and running. The women have always been a staple of XWL and I personally feel like it is something has made us better and stand out more from other leagues that have come and gone. Granted, yes, I know that sometimes a male character might be more interesting or playing a female character isn't everyone's cup of tea, the same way how playing a male character isn't something that Sam enjoys. Not trying to put words in her mouth but it is the quickest example that could come to mind. The lack of activity sucks and if you want an example of how bad it is right now, there is a good chance that there might not be a female MITB this year because we can't get four people to put in it.

There are so many vast and diverse female wrestling characters out there that could be taken and put to good use in this division from the likes of Charlotte and Becky to Rosemary and Allie to Kairi Sane and Shayna Baszler. I just personally wish more people cared about the women to be active in the division.

Also, no. Water is not wet.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 2:09 am

The lack of drama. Like, for real, the fact that no one gets super duper butthurt about anything, be it their position on the card to not getting title shots to not being in a feud, it really helps that I'm not somewhere that I don't want to pull my hair out seeing people bickering like children.

I'm not trying to talk bad about anyone specifically, but it just feels like with a lot of these feuds, there's a general lack of creativity that goes into the storylines. Just from my view, it's a lot of "Wrestler A doesn't like Wrestler B so now they're going to brawl a bit and talk a bunch of crap and then fight at the special event in a gimmick match or something." It just seems really cookie cutter. Of course, not everyone can pull out an Austin/McMahon level storyline from thin air, and I'm not asking for ewantu levels of "What in the literal hell did I just read?" either, but...yeah...

Depending on my schedule, I'm readily available to be booked any time and if something comes up, I'll always inform one or more admins if it does, so I feel like the way I'm being booked is fine. I've been slacking with promos lately so I'm not expecting to be thrown in a title scene.

As good of a feeling it is to be appreciated for your hard work, I feel like the idea is kind of redundant, especially when people are easily able to express their opinions of others' work via Skype messages or Xbox Live party chats or smoke signals or whatever they want to use. Obviously the cream of the crop are going to be getting awards like they're at an Oprah taping...I think it'd be best to focus on monthly awards that focus on people who are improving, be it in promos or in matches or just congratulating general activity.

Honestly I think the timeframes for title matches are fine as is, the only recent issue is that we've had two special events happen within like three weeks which is kind of impossible to get a feud started with enough momentum to get towards a match deserving of that level of importance, really. I've always been an advocate for a title (and maybe even an entire show) focused on people who are just getting into the swing of things around here. You're not going to be able to throw a guy fresh out of wrestling school in the ring with AJ Styles his first day and expect a five star match, you know?

I feel like the same people are getting title shots more recently within the womens' division, but that's chalked up to a lack of activity with any character not named April, Sasha, Natalya or Ruby. Besides that, I think it's fine as is. I just wish that I wouldn't choke in contender's matches.

Just a few rewards I've thought of recently:

- Book your matches for a month, so long as they're non-title.
- Book an entire XWL Anarchy show.
- Participate in a contender's match, so long as one must wait until another superstar purchases the perk.

That last one would need a lot of ironing out, obviously.

I feel like other than getting overall boosts, barely anyone even bothers spending their points. (Looks at Austin over there with like 500 points on Sasha and all he's purchased is a custom fin) Give people more opportunities to spend their points, or significantly lower the amount of points given per task completed.

Change the rules so that matches can not be won off of finishers performed after major reversals. Considering it's a timing/luck based thing, it kind of just screws over the other person(s) involved.

Dock points from those who don't respond to messages about matches within the time of the card, and if it happens repeatedly, remove them from the league. (If they don't provide good reason, of course.) Activity and communication are both extremely vital in this league.

Ask us ANYTHING

A/S/L?

OPTIONAL QUESTION

Throw that Zack guy out, he's awful.

Also, bring back PPV themes. I did it once for Emergence 2016 and ever since then, it's just gone without being done. There's so much great music out there that can be perfect for the atmosphere of our special events and the matches on them.
Back to top Go down
imagohard2nite
Mid Card
imagohard2nite

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 10:00 am

I like that we as wrestling fans have this place that we can meet new friends and have fun with while sharing in the common interests of Wrestling.

The fact that JBL has yet to be World Champion or be on a poster. But no Honestly there’s not really anything I can say I just hate because I’ve had my own set of problems here that other people might not have liked. Overall I have a good time being here.

I like how I’m bookedz JBL on the weekly with Brock’s rare appearances for matches on anarchy. Tyler is doing a great job with this as he always has done in the past.

I do enjoy the PPV awards. It shows that people’s hard work doesn’t go without notice. The little stories are also nice giving a little throwback to everything that transpired to that point.

Well I don’t mean to toot my own horn, but.....
XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked WWZdXGl
But in all seriousness I believe all the current champs are deserving champs who have worked hard to get where they are. All of them except one, and you know who you are you rich, redneck SOB. I believe title matches happen enough and we have enough titles, unless maybe we brought back tag titles.

I agree with the way things are being done here on this account and that they are fair. I was busting out promos but on a loosing streak before my first shot at IC title and I broke that streak by winning the championship. I was given the chance, just as I was with the Elite title, because you can’t spell “JBL beat Eli and Sami two on one” without Elite..... :think
PS: Strum you’s a great champ pal. Go on and do amazing things.

I believe that the overall system was a very unique and needed change here. It’s a way to give not only an incentive to those who constantly put fourth effort here, but makes it to where our World Heavyweight Champion isn’t stuck at an 84 overall his entire career. As for issues..... And rewards, it would be nice to see more options readily available.

Honestly I’m going to have to go with Oreo on this one. I understand why some might say that we should leave that persons legacy alone, but at the end of the day this is just a fiction online fantasy league. Someone’s favorite wrestler could be that of Dusty Rhodes or Eddie Guerrero simply because they were a bigger fan of Wrestling in its “hay day” than they are of today’s product. Some people may not want to play as anyone but a deceased wrestler, thus causing us not to gain that person as a member because we do not allow it. Honestly this is a place where Wrestling fans can play out their fantasies and I feel like we’re not only somewhat blocking that, but also missing out on some potentially amazing, unique stories.

Austin made a very good point on this. Our fearless leader David it seems can make sense out of ANY situation. I have talked with him numerous times, and he has showed me to a point of view or solution that I would have never seen without his help. So more or less, you got a problem just bring it to David.

Back to top Go down
Shootist
New Talent
Shootist

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 6:02 pm

the guy that plays triple h

Surveys.

it'sa very niiiice. hiii 5.

It's fine. i think. i dunno. pass.

Tag Titles would be sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Seems fine

seems okay. I wouldn't know.

submission finishers, beacuse it's wrasstlin.
managers allowed to fuck with my opponent (to an extent) to help me win.

give them the boot. the boot has no shoe-mor, lel.
Back to top Go down
Slothio
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 9:09 pm

Man, it's hard to pick something. The awesome promos, the community, or the fun matches. One of those I guess. Sorry for the vague answer.

I mean, to be honest, the fact that some of y'all manage to make drama over a site where we RP as pro wrestlers is ridiculous, but that's personalities clashing, so I guess there's nothing the admins can really do to change that. I agree stuff like the points should be updated more often.

My bookings been pretty solid so far, no complaints.

I really enjoy the PPV Awards, let's everyone band together and show some love to the people who really tried their hardest to make the PPVs awesome.

As it stands right now, I have no real issues with the championships.

The decision process when it comes to setting up a Champion's next challenger is a mix of contender matches, which we self-admittedly agree could happen more often. And also taking a Character's recent body of work and the stories they've been a part of to put forth a potentially entertaining and great story by simply deciding a challenger instead of putting it up to chance. Do you agree with both processes? Do you feel as if we've been fair when deciding what happens, and who it happens with?

Well, the admin team certainly can't be faulted for not giving people chances, I mean ive only beein the league about two months and already I've had two title matches. I do think more actual contenders matches would be a good thing, but sometimes just picking a great talent is the right route as well.

Big fan of the overall system

Nothing in particular I'd change

I mean, others have said the same thing, but David in my experience has been excellent in dealing with issues. Though, maybe try settling them on your own first, don't wanna overwork the poor man.

Ask us ANYTHING
Nothing actually serious, but here's a weird thing that's been bugging me. In character, what's the deal with PPVs? Is there just a week off after every one? If so, how would the two weeks off be anything special?

Back to top Go down
IIYoungg
Mid Card
IIYoungg

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 7:35 pm

I love the fact that everyone is pretty creative with their gimmick. I've been here for a year now and ive seen alot out of everyone and I'm really impressed. I also really enjoy the matches. They're always really fun.

well, it just seems really hard sometimes to get feuds started and maintaining them but thats our own fault. probably mine.

great booking. gg tyler.

Im really sorry that I never vote for them. I dont have much time to read all the matches on the card so if I vote I feel like ill be voting for just whoever wins the main event. Monthly voting sounds good tho

The Elite Title has definaly lost its buzz. BUT It is up to us as champions and challengers to make titles important here but it seems like its all about ego in the Elite scene.

it sounds pretty fair.

dont fix what isnt broken.

Really dont have any problems.

Like everyone has said before. talk to an admin to get your situation resolved. Talk to David personally if its that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 8:42 pm

I love seeing the stories that people create, and I love that any Character can truly be anything anyone wants them to be if they put the work in. You don't have to be a John Cena or Randy Orton, you can do like I've done and taken someone like Evan Bourne and turned him into this huge star. I picked him up when he was a nobody, and to be involved in his character development, and even this past year reinvent him again with this "Gold" thing it's truly incredible. Much like how Lazy took AJ Lee and reinvented her with something at first glance people might think is far too out there to ever be good, but that's what's great about XWL, when you put in the time you can make ANYTHING work. I just love when something you never planned, turns into something incredible out of pure coincidence. And while I'm one of very few that I could list on one hand that truly cares about this, I love when the "competitive" side of this doesn't jeopardize the story. When we can create something so magic from start to finish, and appreciate what we made. It rarely happens anymore but damn when it does it's just the best thing. Like when I gave up my world title as Ted so that Edge could cheat me out of a win, and lead to Ted being fired because of Cody who I wasn't feuding with, campaigning I be fired. There was never a plan for that, but when it all came together I'm like you know, I could be champion and just forget any cool story, or I could give that up to tell something truly different and captivating. I'm weird like that and I've come to realize I'm very outnumbered in this way of thinking but that's why I appreciate when I'm working with someone who feels the story the same way I do, and wants to just put out quality content that flows so naturally, and ends in the best way possible regardless of who gets the benefit of being the "winner" of the feud. I just view the story itself as a victory that superceed all others.

I hate, not "dislike" but absolutely hate that every single admin on the team can get all these opportunities, get titles, super quick opportunities, everything. But when I get in any title scenario no longer how long it's been, I'm scrutinized behind my back by people that still after all this time, and how hard I bust my ass to be both a participant and help run this league, think it's nothing but admin abuse. I just find it ridiculous, and incredibly disheartening to the point that it makes me have days where I just want to quit because it's like I can't win.

Tyler does a great job of booking and the team does a great job of reviewing what has been booked and throwing in their own changes here and there to fully round the card. I think booking more multiperson matches would be great the issue lies truly in being able to book some that we have faith could actually get done.

See this to me is why I want to get perspective from you the members, I feel like I put in all this work on every PPV's award post, and it feels underappreciated. It feels like I'm typing all these little bits for every winner and no one cares.

I believe we've gotten a process for having just enough title matches without going overboard with them. We still need to do better in some aspects like we can get in the habit of not doing title matches on an Anarchy, but we catch ourselves and make up for it when the next available option presents itself. We don't need more titles, and I don't feel like we need less either. I see people who have issues with Elite and hey I'm all for something different if we wanna change it or change it's purpose and rules. But I absolutely do not want an I.C title clone. I feel like every title needs it's own individual quality, and bringing back, for example, The U.S title is like, why? Why not have something that stands alone and it's not like 2 people are basically holding the same title, despite it being 2 championships that should have SOME difference between them.

I think we've been very fair in this regard, we take what people do, and figure out the best way to present something in it's current form. Like, if there are 2 people that we want in something, hey contenders match easy. But if one clearly stands out above someone else, and we feel like that person deserves this shot, I think it's fair to give them their shot without risking them losing it.

I suggested a few things recently to the admin chat, most of them would be tier 3 rewards but like, the ability to go on break as one Superstar while being active as your other/s or the ability to finally be 3 Superstars of the same gender. Something to reward those that put in the work and accumulate those big point totals. I think aside from additional rewards through the system is very fair and I don't think boosts happen too slow or too fast.

The perception of the admins, not even just how I'm perceived but the team as a whole. It feels like we're always the enemy when if you ever sat in any of our discussions, you'd see how hard we number one try to do things that won't give people reason to cite admin bias. We put so much thought into the things we do because we care so much, so while you may think something should have happened instead of what we did, sometimes we felt the same way, and it was actually our first option but because of something you didn't consider we changed direction. Point being, if you have an issue, see a problem, or wanna know why we decide something, talk to us. We'll be transparent and likely give you enough of a reason to understand why we did what we did. Maybe you still won't "like" it but you'll at least see that we had reasons, and you can respect that while we differ in how something could have been handled or who got something, you get that it wasn't what you initially think of when those situations come up.

Like, I know everyone's answer is me, and I guess that's flattering...but a lot of us are adults and the fact that I sometimes feel like a parent telling their child what they did wrong when they shouldn't have to be told why it was wrong, is just a little ridiculous to be honest. Like, the rules couldn't be any more simplified than they are, it's super simple, play for fun, don't be a try hard. If you're booked against someone, and you can come to the site or skype on Monday, you should be able to message your opponent and arrange when to do your match that week. It shouldn't take me having to literally play matchmaker to get you both in the same situation at the same time. That shouldn't be my role, it takes very little effort. It also shouldn't be a question that if you're working with someone, hey you need to make sure you run through the main details of what you're wanting to do that week and not doing something without their permission. You shouldn't be in a title match and "try hard" when you can play perfectly fine when it isn't a title match. Because guess what that title, means nothing in the real world, but the match you have, the fun it can bring, that carries over into you just having an enjoyable time IRL. I shouldn't have to explain to you WHY following the rules is important. I just feel like a lot of issues are easily resolved by just taking more accountability in yourselves. Am I always happy to help? Yes. I love helping people, and sometimes you know you need an outside perspective like mine. I absolutely understand that, especially when different personalities clash and things get heated. But I struggle to comprehend how what seems so obvious to me, is something so many have been oblivious to in all kinds of situations. Don't take this as me shitting on all the people who said "hey get David he's great" I appreciate that I have had that much of an impact in those situations, and I will continue to help whoever needs it whenever they need it. But it'd be nice if I wouldn't have to resolve simple issues like someone not communicating with someone. We're all busy with our own lives, but it takes like at most, a minute to respond to someone, at any point in a day, you mean to tell me that some of you can't manage that? To say "Hey guy I'm sorry I know we had this plan but things came up I'm sorry blah blah blah." ALSO IF YOU'RE HAVING A SHITTY MATCH, HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF CONTINUING THE SHITTY MATCH YOU STOP, MESSAGE YOUR OPPONENT IN A CALM WAY, AND FIX THE ISSUE INSTEAD OF BEING PART OF THE BIGGER ISSUE THAT ARISES BECAUSE OF THE SHITTY MATCH THAT YOU HATED, BUT SAID NOTHING ABOUT UNTIL IT ENDED. Like, I tell people this all the time, EVEN CHAMPIONS...if a match isn't fun, if your opponent is annoying you, take a breather outside ring, shoot them a message like yo we need to pause, we need to talk about what you're doing that's taking away from the fun we could be having, am I doing anything that's annoying you etc.

Ask us ANYTHING

Why do people love you but hate a certain person who is totally not me? Asking for a friend.

OPTIONAL QUESTION

I think, and this is going to sound really snarky so I apologize for that. But we need like, a class of some sorts on how to communicate. Why it's important, how easy it is, the number of issues we face on a monthly basis because of simple issues with communication truly baffles me. Have consideration for your opponent the same way you'd like them to have some for you. If you make a plan, either stick to it, or have the decency to message the other person so they aren't left messaging me because you didn't do what you said you would, or even tell them you wouldn't be doing it.

Back to top Go down
Strummania
Mid Card
Strummania

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 1:11 am

The stories, love seeing people take characters to the limit and do things we'd probably never see in the real world, first thing that comes to mind is a WOMENS buried alive match! How crazy is that?

Gohard always somehow beating me for fucking titles every fucking time like, how do i always seem to get rekt when i face him for a title? is there a god and that god hates me? Also who ever does the points needs to step up and update them, what a loser. but really the only thing i don't like is that i don't have a lot of time to do things, but thats on me not xwl.

Tyler sux, but his booking is good.

Gives great recognition to people so they know they're doing good!

All the Champs are great! Except Tyler 'cause f him

I think it's solid, not relying to much on wins but on consistency, thats really good.

Love everything about it. I think maybe letting people buy for the opportunity to be 3 of the same gender is a great one to add.

The Elite Title, I think we should have the Hardcore Championship with weekly Title matches, would prove someone is the best if they hang onto it the longest! Think about it, first come first serve(or book it) and no one can get multiple shots a month to make it fair, so if the Champ looses he'd have to wait a month before he can challenge for it again. Just my opinion.

David does a WONDERFUL job handling these issues, so does Harmon.

Ask us ANYTHING

If Sami has 15 pencils and Miz has 3, then how many Pineapples will fit on the roof?

OPTIONAL QUESTION

TAG TEAM DIVISION
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 1:27 pm

The fact that we're role-playing real wrestler's into our own image, the unpredictable nature in that is always fun.

The way feuds for championships are booked in advance, unless earned via a contendership match. I like more spontaneity?

I'm jumping back on the horse lately, so that remains to be seen. It's justification from how you perform, and your efforts that are rewarded. I'm just wanting more and more because that's my personality. I want to stray from complacency.

They are to show who is ahead of the game, boosts morale overall. No matter how little or big the feud is.

Belts shouldn't really signify that you're a top tier wrestler, but I would like to see less title matches, makes it more special.

Again to what I said before up there, it's in proper use that we balance it off of what have you done for me lately, and not just because someone is a friend etc. I think for the most part you're doing it right but be careful on favoritism even if not intentional.

It works, nothing to be tampered with

Tag Teams, because it would help more interaction with the board, since I don't really talk to most of these people outside of XWL itself. You don't need fifty tag teams either, two to get the ball rolling. Consistency.

Looking at it from both angles and perspectives before making the decision. I've strayed from arguing and now just counter with pure factoids, that you can't dispute. I'm doing this as a wrestling fan and anyone who tries to put a sour note on that experience, should be handled accordingly.

Ask us ANYTHING
You do you guys, nothing to fuss about.

OPTIONAL QUESTION

I'm sure you know what's going on, you're wanting feedback to keep it going strong. XWL may not be in it's hey day but we're still alive and kicking.

Back to top Go down
Plus
Mid Card
Plus

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 2:22 pm

WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT XWL?
The role-playing a little bit, but mostly the ability to do the matches in the game as the outcomes are not based on your writing ability.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE LEAST ABOUT XWL?
The lack of title matches and the hold some members have on titles.

WHEN IT COMES TO BOOKING, WHAT IS YOUR OVERALL ASSESSMENT OF HOW YOU'VE BEEN BOOKED? IS THERE ENOUGH VARIETY? COULD THERE BE MORE? DO YOU WANT ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS BOOKED EVERY WEEK? OR DO YOU WANT THEM SPORADICALLY BOOKED? AND MOST OF ALL DO YOU BELIEVE WE'RE PRESENTING YOUR CHARACTERS AS BEST AS POSSIBLE, OR COULD WE DO BETTER?
I am only back and I have been all over the place -- I do not mind being booked each week as I am always willing to play against anyone on the website.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF THE "PPV AWARDS" DO YOU LIKE THEM? DO YOU LIKE THE STORIES THAT GO ALONG WITH EACH WINNER OF EVERY CATEGORY? OR IS THIS SOMETHING YOU DON'T REALLY PAY ATTENTION TO, AND THE STORIES ARE JUST NOT IMPORTANT TO YOU? DO YOU JUST WANT US TO PUT A SIMILAR POST OUT WITH JUST THE WINNERS, AND LEAVE IT AT THAT?
I don't think awards are really needed -- I would much like a top ten / twenty table every month where you move up and down based on your performance in your matches and segments.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE CURRENT XWL CHAMPIONSHIPS? ARE TITLE MATCHES HAPPENING OFTEN ENOUGH, OR TOO OFTEN? DO YOU WANT MORE TITLES? LESS TITLES? TELL US.
I think there are not enough title matches. I am all for the main World Title being a PPV thing, but there are loads of members here. Some of us come and some of us go. Some of go forever without a sniff of a title match -- another title -- like a Hardcore title or a TV Title that was defended weekly would be a good idea in my eyes.

THE DECISION PROCESS WHEN IT COMES TO SETTING UP A CHAMPION'S NEXT CHALLENGER IS A MIX OF CONTENDER MATCHES, WHICH WE SELF-ADMITTEDLY AGREE COULD HAPPEN MORE OFTEN. AND ALSO TAKING A CHARACTER'S RECENT BODY OF WORK AND THE STORIES THEY'VE BEEN APART OF TO PUT FORTH A POTENTIALLY ENTERTAINING AND GREAT STORY BY SIMPLY DECIDING A CHALLENGER INSTEAD OF PUTTING IT UP TO CHANCE. DO YOU AGREE WITH BOTH PROCESSES? DO YOU FEEL AS IF WE'VE BEEN FAIR WHEN DECIDING WHAT HAPPENS, AND WHO IT HAPPENS WITH?
I would like to see more title matches and more chances given to people. Even more multiman title matches would be a good idea.

THE XWL OVERALL SYSTEM WAS BROUGHT IN OVER A YEAR AGO NOW, ARE THERE ANY ISSUES YOU SEE WITH IT THAT COULD BE ADDRESSED? SUCH AS OVERALL BOOSTS HAPPENING TOO OFTEN, OR NOT OFTEN ENOUGH? WHAT "REWARDS" WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE ADDED THAT YOU COULD SPEND YOUR EARNED POINTS ON OTHER THAN THE ONES CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED?
It is fine the way it is.

IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT XWL, WHAT WOULD IT BE, AND WHY?
Tag Teams, more of these please. The games are getting better online, the xbox one x is out and I am getting it and it will help with the online -- I enjoyed the small amount of tag team matches I have had here -- I would enjoy some more.

INTERPLAYER ISSUES ARE NEVER SOMETHING WE LIKE TO DEAL WITH, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, WITH A WIDE RANGE OF DIFFERING PERSONALITIES, THEY'RE VIRTUALLY UNAVOIDABLE. WHETHER IT BE LACK OF COMMUNICATION, ACCOUNTABILITY, OR PROBLEMS WITH A MATCH, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE US TO RESPOND TO THESE SITUATIONS?
Real life comes first always, if someone cannot make it for a match who normally does then nothing should be held against them -- this is a game -- this is fun -- I know I have broken rules and such and the way it was handled was good all around.

ASK US ANYTHING
FOR THIS FINAL SECTION OF THE XWL 2018 SURVEY, WE'D LIKE TO GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASK THE ADMINS ANY QUESTION ABOUT THE LEAGUE.
Everything is running perfectly.

OPTIONAL QUESTION

PITCH US AN IDEA TO IMPROVE THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE OF XWL, IT COULD PERTAIN TO THE SITE, THE TITLES, THE BOOKING, THE SHOWS, ANYTHING.

A hardcore title that is defended weekly -- it works in all rp feds -- it can work here.
Back to top Go down
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
T-Roll

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 10:56 pm

Hi all, bumping with my own so that way we can get back on track.

At one point in time I couldn't have said this but I believe that the community we have built here in XWL has really grown and flourished over the past few years. I know a lot of these guys weren't here for the old days of XWL but there was little to no community but now, it seems like we're all getting to know each other and all have our groups that we play games with that isn't just wrestling.

Watching good potential go to waste. It's good that this is my main beef with XWL is that you guys are just lazy but like, it's so stressful. As the booker of XWL I look at these guys and I'm like "that could be a good match, but he just won't cut it with the big boys." even though I know, for a fact, that person can. I've called several people out on this. Josh and Strum are just two who are dishing it out like pros now but at one point in time, they were wasting their time. Now, they're main eventers. I said it on the last show, Strum has fully come into his own finally and I'm super proud. But then we have others, like Zack, who SHOULD be a top guy (and if you know me, I hate saying that) but gets too caught up in Madden to be one of the main eventers here in XWL.

I'm taking notes on all of this. I feel I should really fill you guys in on how I book. With my schedule I don't get to read every show cover to cover during the week. It might can be the end of the week before I do so. However, the other admins make sure I know who is available to be booked and of any specific matches I need to book. So I get all the booking done by Friday. And if I'm feeling frisky, sometimes I do two weeks. Then the other guys review the card and make changes where they feel I smudged the lines but mostly, it's on me to book. Whenever you guys come to us and go "can I not be booked on the next show?" it has, and I can't stress this enough, HAS to be before Friday. Because if it isn't, it makes our lives harder. Past that, I love booking. It's probably my favorite thing to do in XWL and I'm glad you guys have been pleased thus far. If you have any questions or concerns, PM me.  

I was such an advocate for these to come back. I love validation for my hardwork and competition. So the fact I can beat you scrubs out for match of the night or something along those lines is fantastic. It also lets us know who read shows and what not. So, I love it. Good job Tyler for the great idea.

Too much Tyler in the title scene. We've been in heavy discussion in the admin chat about champions and as booker, it's my job to book champs well and book them smart. And honestly, our champs do a great job. It's nothing but fresh faces holding all the belts which is fantastic and I'm excited to see what all comes of it.

No system is perfect. There are constant battles in the admin chat over who to put as contender and where to go with the direction of our titles. However, I feel we do our best and come out with some pretty solid conclusions. We spread the love but if you aren't putting in the work, you will not get the recognition.

Not gonna lie, the point system and overall system confuse me. I book. I promo pretty well. I do words, not numbers. So I'm sure the number crunchers could jip me and I not even notice. However, I do like the idea of building a legacy as a superstar. It was just highway robbery that Sydal, who was the biggest thing going in XWL, was like an 82 and Cena who wasn't worth looking at in XWL, was a 95. I feel it balances the playing field and shows that hard work pays off.

You read that thing I disliked earlier in the survey. THAT.

We send David in, guns blazing. And when that fails, or David and the member start to go at it, Tyler comes in to straighten David out. Honestly, it's a solid system. David can talk just about anyone down from a ledge. And I can usually get David off his soap box. However, nothing is perfect. Somedays David and I try not to kill each other. But then the other admins step in and fix that issue and then David fixes the other issues.
Go us, admins!

Ask us ANYTHING

Why don't tag matches work? They're my favorite part of wrestling and what I lived for as a kid watching this shit. Why can't it work for us so AJ and I can finally pick up the Young Bucks? I'm so salty.

Back to top Go down
Harmon
Mid Card
Harmon

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 12:12 am

What I love about this is place there isn't a bunch of toxic people like I have found in other places. It's friendly people gathering together

Some people still think wins are very important which causes them to try hard in the process, and it takes all the fun out of matches.

Tyler you are doing a great job keep it up bb.

I think the "PPV Awards" is a great idea. It is where people actually get like some feedback from other people which sadly does not happen here often anymore. I don't wanna see any change with this it's perfectly fine the way it is.

The titles right we have are perfectly fine. They don't need any change. I think the number of titles we have is just right for the size of this roster.

Honestly this is the best way to handle it in my opinion, because if not we would be having randos going for titles, and we want people who are deserving not some joe schmo!

Alright so points are a bit of a bitch to do with my new schedule that I have that is why for the time being Strum shall be stepping in, and taking over from here on out! Also we should abolish getting a 95 overall I believe that maybe a bit to high.  

Having people to be able to get to a 95 overall.

Send in the man the myth the legend, David! He knows how to get shit done, and taken care of in a peaceful manner  

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 11:32 pm

A reminder, as if the title doesn't already remind you enough. The 5 members that have yet to submit their answers to the survey you will NOT be booked on this upcoming Anarchy next Monday, or any show thereafter, including PPVs until you do. We do these surveys to gauge the insight of EVERY active member, and considering you were given several weeks there really is no excuse for not providing your contribution to the topics.
Back to top Go down
mandyrosestan
Jobber
mandyrosestan

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 11:38 pm

Do I need to fill one out? Not sure if I've been back long enough to be able to answer these questions.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 11:49 pm

istratt17 wrote:
Do I need to fill one out? Not sure if I've been back long enough to be able to answer these questions.

Nah this is only for the members that were active before the survey was up. You nor P1 have had matches yet or even taken part in a show so you couldn't really be expected to fill it out. But for the others that know who they are they've been here long enough to be able to fill it out.
Back to top Go down
Taco
Jobber
Taco

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 8:09 pm

I love the fact that a lot of us are able to become friends online outside of XWL. There are some great people here and I've had a lot of fun talking and playing with them since I've been here.

It's not common, but sometimes people can start taking all of this way too seriously. Yeah, we all want to bust out some good promos and matches, but ultimately it is a game and doesn't affect real life. Let's keep it fun. Also, y'all should pick up a female superstar. Ruby needs some competition *cough Natalya cough*.

I see the work that Tyler puts into the booking every week and I do not envy him. He busts his ass to make sure that the card is full of good matches. He does a great job. I don't have any problems with the way I'm booked. If there is ever a time I don't want someone booked one week it's easy to get done.

They are awesome. It is a great feeling seeing your name up there. The stories add a little more flair to them and show that what you do is getting noticed.

I don't really have any complaints about them. There seems to be a lack of interest in certain titles sometimes but I think that's part of the natural ebb and flow of the league as a whole. I don't think adding any titles would be a good idea, there aren't enough people to really feud for more.

This is always a bit of a struggle. I know one of the other admins mentioned it somewhere above, but we spend a lot of time trying to decide on contenders while also doing our best to keep it balanced and interesting. If you put forth the effort, you will get more opportunities. One example of this is Aiden English. He came in and right off the bat started making waves. You don't have to be one of the vets to stand out.

I don't have too much of an opinion on this. I wasn't here for the old system so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I really like being able to build up a wrestler from the ground. Adds that whole RPG aspect to it.

More active members and more women in the division.

It's been said a million times, so I won't mention David again. Communication is key. If you are having an issue with someone, communication is how it will get fixed. Open up that dialogue with the other person and let them know about the problem it can't be fixed. We are more than willing to step in and try to find a solution that will please everyone if it can't be worked out on your own.

Ask us ANYTHING

I got nothing.

OPTIONAL QUESTION

I really liked the HBK Classic. I think more events like that could be fun. They don't necessarily have to lead to a title, just bragging rights could be cool.

Back to top Go down
Stunner
Mid Card
Stunner

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 8:59 am

I've been apart of online leagues for about 8-9 years and this is without a doubt the best one I've been apart of. It has history, it has a website that's well kept and organized, and it's full of people who care about their characters and invest time into them to make them legends around here, all in all it's the perfect online league experience, and to my knowledge? outside of like full promo e feds, we're probably one of the last true leagues left standing. It's quite the accomplishment for this league as a whole to have lasted this many years without a major drop in activity. There's up and down periods throughout the year but all in all we pretty much always have a complete show week to week, people should feel proud about that and keep at it to ensure that this place succeeds for years and years to come.

As great as it is to be apart of this place, it doesn't come without it's negatives sometimes, and I stress the word sometimes because all in all throughout the year this place and this community is awesome to be around, but this survey is about getting our opinions and us being honest so I'm gonna be as honest and as candid as I can here, and I'm gonna stress that this is MY opinion and no one else's, this is MY take on things as of recent around here. So I'll just come right out and say it, this place is just not fun to be around at times and it can be for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it can be people saying shit behind your back and it getting back to you, then they proceed to act as though everything's a okay when you speak to them, it's just shady stuff sometimes within the community, but hey it's xbox, it's the internet, that kinda shit's gonna happen, it is what it is, we deal with it and we move on.

Something else that drives me up the wall around here from time to time is how political some things can get around here, the admin team deserves alot of praise and credit for the things they manage to accomplish on a daily and weekly basis so don't take this as me trying to bash them or anything, this is once again just MY opinion on how I see things. I have 2 problems that tend to show up from time to time throughout the year, 1st and foremost, I think more of the league's opinions need to be taken on certain subjects such as any impending rule changes or anything that effects the entire league as a whole. The admin team is there to make the tough calls and I understand that, but there's some things that I feel the community at least deserves an opinion on before the team makes a decision on one way or the other, whether it be through a poll on the proposed change or decision, or just like a 24/48 hour window where the community can give the admin team their thoughts on said proposed change or topic before it takes effect. There's nothing currently out there that I feel warrants a discussion as of now, it would probably be more so when the new game comes out later in the year if any rule changes end up being proposed and whatnot, then some community feedback sent the teams way would be nice so we all have an input on major changes like that.

My 2nd issue I'll actually save for one of the other questions on this survey down below.

Tyler does a great job taking on the monumental task of booking cards for this place week to week, I'm personally happy with how I've been booked. My only suggestion as some people have mentioned above would just be to mix it up sometimes, sprinkle in a triple threat or 4 way into the cards here and there, I know the admin team tries to avoid doing too much of that because it can be a pain for people's schedules to align for one of those things to get done so I totally get it from that point of view, just would be nice for a different match type to be sprinkled in on each card or every other card here and there.

I think they're perfectly fine, no real changes needed here imo.

The admin team has a pretty good idea on my opinion on this already so I ain't gonna dive into this one too much. I wanna see a U.S. Heavyweight Title introduced, I know it won't happen, it is what it is, bottom line though, that Elite Title's gotta go, and I'm sure it will. Nothing to do with any of the recent champions or anything, the belt's just stuck down in an abyss after a rocky start and sadly it's just never gonna recover tbh.

This is where I'm gonna address my 2nd issue that I mentioned in the 2nd question, things just feel too fabricated around here sometimes when it comes to stuff. Now hear me out, I don't want a tryhard league just as much as the next guy, and all in all I think this place does a great job of avoiding that, but I think there can definitely be improvement with our current system of deciding contenders and whatnot. I think it needs to be a mix, for example, say in February there's one CLEAR cut choice for who should get an Elite Title match because they've just been busting their ass, pumping out promos, and just showing that they want that title, then by all means, give em the shot, give em the opportunity to achieve said goal. But say March comes around and there's 3 guys out there promoing their buts off and doing good in their matches and such and showing that they're the rightful contenders to that title, rather then immediately throw all 3 of them in with the champ and make it a 4 way, throw the 3 of them in the ring with each other and make them battle it out to see who gets that coveted shot.

What I'm trying to get at is that their needs to be more variety in how contenders are chosen. I wanna go out there and have some high stakes matches with people with things on the line, and some people immediately think that's going down tryhard route when that's simply not the case, people can have great and fun matches around here without being tryhard's, and they can be 100x more exciting when there's something at stake such as a contendership spot, I just wanna see more of that sprinkled in around here. We all agree that people shouldn't be kept away from opportunities because they may not be as good at the game as someone else, but for me? that doesn't mean we should complete nerf the fun and excitement of earning something via a non pre determined match. All in all, I just wanna see a better balance of both.

Overall I think it's worked fine since it's inception, can't really think of anything to add at the moment but I personally think that the leverage pin option needs to be tweaked, it's way too expensive to purchase it for just one match to the point where I don't think a single person ever has purchased it. I'm not really sure how to tweak it other then make it a bit cheaper and put a cap on it so people can't buy it more then once or twice every 6 months or something, and maybe add the option to buy it for like 500 points in a title match after 5 finishers have been hit, once a year or something to that effect.

I can't really think of one major thing I'd change around here, I know people want a tag division but I think we all deep down know that it just won't work.

My big thing is, if you've got a problem or issue with me? bring it to me and we'll talk it out and eventually we'll get to a solution. Where I tend to have a problem is when people become 2 faced, they say one thing to you one minute and do a complete 180 the next, they go talking shit behind my back whether it be to other members around here or members of the admin team and then they try to act as though everything's all good with me, I can't stand 2 faces, and I can't stand snakes. You got a problem with me or an issue with me? bring it to me and we'll talk it out like human beings, but if you're gonna talk shit about me and I just so happen to hear about it? then that's when I personally draw the line and I won't associate with you unless it's absolutely necessary, that's just how it's gonna be when it comes to me. This place is supposed to be people's release from the real life grind, and drama like that is added stress that I ain't gonna tolerate. Bottom line, got a problem? let's talk it out and we'll get to a solution, if not? then don't bother with me, simple as that.

Ask us ANYTHING

WHERE'S DAT ELIMINATION CHAMBER AT???!!!! This year's chamber match is probably the best functioning chamber match in years, we gotta make at least one big chamber match happen at some point for a ppv this year!

OPTIONAL QUESTION

I'd like to see the titles defended on Anarchy just a bit more often, outside of that I can't think of anything, doesn't have to be anything crazy, maybe every 4-6 weeks have one of the titles defended on an Anarchy or something, would be nice to see.

All in all I hope this doesn't come across as an overly negative take on things, some people will probably feel that way but it is what it is, ya can't please everyone. This survey was meant for our individual takes and opinions on things around here and these are mine. I just wanna make sure that people understand that this place is great and I very much have enjoyed my years of being here and I look forward to hopefully many more great years around here and a great 2018 for all of us in this community.

Back to top Go down
Sinister
Mid Card
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 3:10 am

Friendship and Other stuff of that sorts.

Straight up? Politics and So much pre planning that it almost doesnt seem like you should have a match? Yea that shit..

Nah Im booked to be protected because Im absolute garbage so good job making me look strong Tyler! My Philosophy is simple! I cant lose if i dont show up..

Solid. People should respect them more.

Everyone is top notch. Except.. Chad Gable F that guy. I plan to eviscerate him.

No complaints worked out well for me.

Tag Team Wrestling is good. Lets make it great again..

Several people dont talk in parties or anything like that. So i dont have many complaints..

Ask us ANYTHING

I have no questions to ask. All of my needs have been accounted for.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked   XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Member Survey January 2018: Any member who doesn't submit their answers will NOT be booked
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next