Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!

Go down 
+3
Bronzeh
Jonguin
P.R Son
7 posters
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Empty
PostSubject: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Three years ago today, I started something that I never imagined would become as big as it did. We've had members come and go, but the goal has always remained the same, to create an environment where those that want to have fun, and use the games to their fullest can come together in a community full of people that all want the same thing. That is why we join leagues, to escape the hell hole that online has become, and to enjoy matches as they should. I'd like to think XWL does that, myself as well as the admins work hard in ensuring that fair play, and fun are the two utmost important things. While feuds and rivalries add to the experience, league's are supposed to be a place where those with the game can play it knowing that they will not be cheaped, spammed, or glitched.

It's been three long years, the league has grown in ways never before imagined, once started on a simple IGN thread found here...

http://boards.ign.com/wwe_smackdown/b6546/173735694/p1

and later a new thread here...

http://boards.ign.com/wwe_smackdown/b6546/177517545/p1

Now has found it's home on this great site you're on right now. We've evolved into a community of our own, we've got an amazing site full of active members and the best members a league owner could hope for. But of course the fantastic look of this site would not be possible if not for the talent that Bang Aka Macho BANG possess. He's responsible for our site background, the board graphics, and even our XWL logo. A site is nice but when it looks just as nice well then it doesn't get any better than that.

Today marks the day that is a pretty big deal, leagues come and go, but when one actually sticks, for three years even, that's when you know something is being done right. It's not just who's managing the league, it's also the members that make it what it is. People that put their time and effort into making something like this work is something someone like me appreciates more than anything. XWL started as an escape during my mom's cancer diagnosis, but it became like a family...Full of people all around the world that I may never meet, having fun in matches, having great and oh so random discussions...At the end of the day, despite sometimes attitudes clashing, and disagreements being had, I'm glad that each and everyone of you are here and thank you all equally for your effort every week, whether that be by putting on fantastic rivalries, or by getting your matches done. You all have made XWL into what it is right here today and those of you that have been around will be appreciated for that.

For the past week you the XWL members have been casting your votes for who you think should win what award after nominating those that you felt were worthy of each award. We had a great turn out of votes, I'd like to thank fellow admin Ash for helping me out with that. With that said though, I think it's time we get into the Slammy awards. On Breakdown tomorrow will begin our other set of awards, the in character ones, but today is all about the members. So let's get onto the awards...

Best New Member

Sable, aka Enigma
Bang, aka Macho BANG
Jerry, aka TBK-RY
Dustin, aka Cpt. Charisma!
Ash
RCP
Zander

And the award goes to...

Jerry!

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! XwlredemptionalexHappy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! XwlbreakdownbriebellaHappy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! 76-14

I think I speak for every member when I say that without a doubt in every way possible you are what a great member should be. Despite not winning all of your matches, you don't let that get you down, you remain fair in matches, and your promos are among some of the best. No matter who you pick up, you put your all into being them, and the fact that you've done your own little segment that you've done recently "Jerry's Fave Twenty Five" I know everyone appreciates when you review, and today we in XWL present this figurative "Slammy" to you today for all the effort you've put in since joining.

Even though Jerry won and others didn't I don't want you to think you're not great members, you are, at the end of the day it's strictly opinion but trust me all of you have put in a lot of effort that is not only appreciated but noticed too.

Most Improved

RCP
Gaz, aka Viva La Gazza
Zander
Ash
Austin
Pats
Zack
Penguin, aka Mantis Toboggan, M.D.

And the award goes to...

Gaz!

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! XwlbreakdownajHappy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! XwlbreakdowneddieguerreHappy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Xwlredemptionjustingabr

If there was ever proof that someone can improve in due time this has to be it. You came to XWL not even knowing how to reverse, and not even knowing really how to promo. But after matches for months with some of the best, and by following some advice given to you at the beginning you've without a doubt become the most improved. Both in matches, and in promos. You went from losing every match for months, to getting one victory that would be the start of success to follow. Once unable to win matches, now you've got four title reigns under your belt and more to come in the future. You're now an example today that someone can go from being a "noob" when it comes to the game and the whole league thing, and drastically change through both hard work and patience.

Admin Of The Year

Penguin, aka Mantis Toboggan, M.D.
Kyle, aka Fn
E/T
Zander
Ash
Gaz, aka Viva La Gazza

And the award goes to...

E/T

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! XwlbreakdownalbertodelrHappy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! XwlbreakdownlaylaelHappy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Xwlredemptionted

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Bh2Rg

While every one of the admins do the best they can to help out with XWL except Penguin, If anyone deserves to be the admin of the year I think David deserves it the most. This isn't just me being a suck up because David puts up with my switching all of the time, sort of. But when it comes to the amount of work that goes in to making XWL a fantastic league it pretty much goes to David. Constantly recording and uploading matches, while still finding the time to help people out, make roster pics and be active as 3 people just shows how dedicated he is. The fact that he's made it to 3 years as the owner of XWL, such an accomplishment. This is some good appreciation for someone who really deserves it for all he's done for XWL. Congrats.

Side note: thanks go out to Adam for typing that up, really appreciate it guys but like he said every admin puts in a lot of effort so really we're all admins of the year, loljk my trophy bitches.

Best Promo’er

Shuggz
Red
Adam
Penguin
E/T
Zander
Bang
Jerry
Krzy
Jiggas
Alan
Gaz
Ash

And the award goes to...

Shuggz!

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! XwlredemptionworldchampHappy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Xwlbreakdownbryandaniel

This was one of the closest with everyone nominated being great promo’ers. This could have gone down to the wire but in the end Shuggz managed to get the slammy. Now Shuggz, you have been promo’ing great as CM Punk and you have his personality down to a tee. You can promo as him flawlessly and always give us all a great enjoyable read. Your work with Chris Jericho, The Rock and Cody Rhodes this past week have been some of the best and you seem to do everything so perfect with CM Punk. The same can also be said for Bryan Danielson, now I never saw much of his indy work till a few months ago but from what I’ve seen you have his attitude down to a tee aswell and I mean you always give it your all in every promo I’ve seen from you. Keep up the great work and looking forward to epic promo’s in the future!

Credit to Ash for typing that ^

Most Underrated

Bronzeh
Krzy
RCP
Dustin
Ash
Austin
Jerry
Reece
Alan

And the award goes to...

Bronzeh!

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Xwlbreakdowntysonk

Bronzeh you do some really good promos and put on a great match every time. You seem to think you are a lot worse than you actually are so hopefully this is a sign you are better than you think! You deserve a lot more recognition than you actually get and hopefully in the future we can see big things from Tyson Kidd! Now you do call yourself a jobber due to your superstar but you have defeated a lot of impressive people, you’ve won all your feuds and personally that first promo between you and Evan was one of your best. You are one of the stars of the future and hopefully we can see that and hopefully you can start to think of yourself as one of the top 10 here, just because you don’t win every match you give it your all in matches and promos and have fun doing so and that’s what matters!

Credit to Ash for typing that ^

Most Likely To Succeed In The Coming Year

Dustin
Shuggz
Ash
Bang
Jerry
Jiggas
RCP
Penguin
Austin
Red
Alan
Zander
Adam
Gaz

And the award goes to...

Dustin!

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! XwlredemptiontriplehHappy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Xwlbreakdownxtremechris

This was a very close one...Obviously we've got some top notch members that no doubt have bright futures here in XWL. But Dustin, as vote for by the members, including myself I'll add, have really proven that you perhaps have one of the brightest. Not only can you make a mean custom titantron, you also can make an equally as epic promo. Which was first noticed when you picked up someone like Heath Slater. Despite him being boring in real life, you made him into someone that they wanted to read promos about. But of course your best defining moment thus far has to be when you picked up Christian and began a feud with Adam (Randy Orton) not only did your first promo together spark magic, but the promos to follow as well. You've created an awesome feud that Adam loves, and judging by the amount of effort you put in by even doing stuff in advance, so do you. Plus you beat me in my last official match as Evan Bourne, if that's not big than I don't know what is mischief The effort you put in is noticed, and it's appreciate by your peers and this award is only just the beginning for you, I know that, and judging by the votes, the entire XWL community knows it.

Now it's time for perhaps the biggest award of them all...

Member Of The Year

Adam
Red
Shuggz

And the award goes to...

Adam!

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! XwlredemptionthemizHappy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Xwlbreakdownrandy

While every member is appreciated equally for the amount of time, effort, and dedication that they put into the league...Adam goes above and beyond that, from being annoyed by me on MSN asking if _____ is okay, or if this ______ sucks...He gives his honest opinion when I need it and that's something a league owner really appreciates. He's always willing to throw out ideas or suggestions, and it doesn't hurt that he lets me use his YouTube channel either. While he may have had some trouble with switching a little too much this year, it's not as if he didn't put in effort during each of those. No matter who he picks up he promos as them every week, gets their matches done, and really tries as whoever he is. From his occasionally weekly reviews, to his hilarity at times, Adam embodies what it means to be a great member. He's busy with school and other stuff, yet he puts so much into XWL and I know that I appreciate it, as well as all of XWL. You deserve this for following the rules, helping out when not asked, and for all around doing what you can to help XWL be what it is today.

I just want to say that whether you won an award, or whether you were just nominated, each and every member of XWL is appreciated for what they do every week. Just getting your matches done is enough to be a great member, just following the rules and remaining fair whether winning or losing makes a great member. Doing what you can to promo or promote and build new feuds is what makes a great member. On this day, November 12th, 2011, three years from the date I originally started XWL (WCW) you all are appreciated for what you as individuals bring to the table. Thank you all once again for making this a hell of a previous year, we grew, we got better, and the same can be said every year. It's because of members like the ones above that XWL continues to be one of, if not the best online league for WWE games going today. So thank you, and please feel free to leave your comments below, any acceptance speeches, or comments about the winners, this thread is about celebrating three years of success and hopefully another three more to come.

E/T

Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Whoa, great stuff. Congrats to the winners, and hey.... wait a minute.

Who the hell is Tyson Kidd?
Back to top Go down
Bronzeh
Mid Card
Bronzeh

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Mantis Toboggan, M.D. wrote:
Whoa, great stuff. Congrats to the winners, and hey.... wait a minute.

Who the hell is Tyson Kidd?

YOU REMEMBERED HIS FIRST NAME. <3
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Tumblr_lsr03fKW9S1r453oxo7_500
Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Tumblr_lpzgxrHeCX1qax9gv
Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Tumblr_lssnapVqTz1qmrg1i

Thanks to everyone who voted me cheers

Congrats to everyone who won their awards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:45 pm

If i can just say some things First i would like to congratulate everyone who won Second i would like to thank everyone who voted for me and Third i would like to thank the admins 4 months ago i joined this league being shocked at how professional it is seriously guys thank you for keeping it top notch I've been in some crappy e-feds where the admins are scumbags and noobs but this site is amazing Thanks

-Pats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:48 pm

E/T wrote:
While he may have had some trouble with switching a little too much this year

Well I never.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Pats wrote:
If i can just say some things First i would like to congratulate everyone who won Second i would like to thank everyone who voted for me and Third i would like to thank the admins 4 months ago i joined this league being shocked at how professional it is seriously guys thank you for keeping it top notch I've been in some crappy e-feds where the admins are scumbags and noobs but this site is amazing Thanks

-Pats
Don't talk about Jerry like that. troll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:00 pm

RCP wrote:
Pats wrote:

-Pats
Don't talk about Jerry like that. troll

lmao i was talking bout some other ones before that but ur right i shouldnt talk about him that way troll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Congratulations on reaching the 3 year mark.

I've been doing this league stuff for a while now and XWL is the best league I've ever been a part of.

Not only do a ton of people promo every single week, but the site looks awesome and somehow you've managed to make brands work which is unheard of. head explode

I'm glad to be a part of XWL and I'd like to thank everyone who helps it be as great as it is.

Looking forward to the next 3 years... Cool

Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Well now, isn't this a great thread to come home to after a shitty day?

*reads over thread/awards and see's no mention of me whatsoever*

okaySadcartman sad

I see how it is, I'll just be going now... David.. of all the things you could ever do to hurt me... this.. on this day is what you did? head explode (dies)................... </3

Nah, jk although, I am a bit sad tbh but I'll deal Razz Now, for the serious Fn time.

As each and every single one of you know, XWL started on IGN and had been there for many years. Numerous times, I've given a little background into how I not only became co-owner but, later in the coming years went on to actually join as an active roster member. However, as this is our three year anniversary, I think it's time I go into detail on a few things. Namely, the date I joined this place as the co-owner, why, and my experience.

Fn's Story-Time Of Fun
I had been on IGN since November of 2005, quite a long time I know, especially because of the fact that a lot of you are probably thinking what in the **** do I do with my life for being on a site that long? For quite some time once leagues became popular, I kept an eye on the board in hopes I could join one. I had kept an eye on XWL for a few years, as XWL was the only real successful league that's been around on IGN and stayed successful. Being that I didn't have a 360 and only had a ps3 at the time, I still felt like I wanted to help out in any way I can. So, on April 5th, 2009 I officially joined XWL as the Co-Owner. The reason being, despite not even having a 360 at the time, I saw so many different reasons why I should be a part of this place.

First and foremost, the friendly community. Much like IGN as a whole, XWL itself was full of people who just wanted to play the game, and sit back and have fun. That, was something I wanted to do, so I joined as Co-Owner. I've been at this for a little over two years now, to the point now where I'm officially on the roster, and I have to tell you I don't regret helping out/joining for one second. It takes a TON of work to make things like this successful, and I can proudly say that I don't know where I would've been if it wasn't for XWL. Being that this place is so fun, that it made me personally shell out 200$ from a loan place just to get a 360, that should tell you all how much this place means to me. I cherish each and every single friendship here. Especially yours Dave.

I know we've had our differences over the years but, you know you're my bud and this place wouldn't be where it is today without someone like you, who wants to just make these games fun again. You've taken a game that to a lot of people, is bland and boring no matter what you do, and at least for me, made it fun beyond belief. I just want you to know that I'll always be here for you, anytime you ever need something. I was there for you when you went on the trip to Hawaii with your parents (held the place together with the help of Shuggz) I was there for you when your mom passed and you didn't have the strength to do this, and I just want you to know I'll ALWAYS be here for you. Just remember, that this place is and always will be about fun. Ignore any and all drama.

Back on point here, I've made this a long winded post so, I'm gonna try and shorten this now. Guys, each and every single one of you are amazing, whether you've been here since XWL's inception, or you've been here for a week or two or even a few months. As much as XWL wouldn't be XWL without us, XWL wouldn't be XWL if it wasn't for each and every single one of you. XWL was created for you and it's gotten this far BECAUSE of you. So, with that said from the bottom of my heart (and Davids I'm sure) I would just like to say thanks for everything. This place has given me so many memories I'll never forget, and I'll cherish each and every single one, and I look forward to the many memories in years to come. Here's to you the XWL Universe. These three years have been a great set, lets look towards the future. We love you all.

XWL Co-Owner: Mr. Fn
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:13 pm

Amazing Job David on making a league last three years and have brands that actually work. Can't wait to see what happens in the next 3 years of XWL. Should be interesting Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:56 pm

:gig: Newest Member Award! :gig:

Thanks to all who voted for me!! And congrats to everyone else who won an award.

Not only am I new to XWL, I'm also a fairly new WWE fan. I first heard about WWE in Jan. of this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the newest WWE fan here Razz But I try to catch up on what I missed on youtube and torrents!

When I joined XWL I remember how much of a difference it was from the leagues I was used to. For starters, the promos were novel's in my eyes compared to the promos I was used to seeing, and the quality of the promos of what would be considered one of the the worst promoers here was still easily better than the average promo in the leagues I was in. So to say that it took some getting used to would be an understatement, but luckily for me I'm a decent writer in general so was able to somewhat of adapt to the promo length and quality and love it, still working on winning matches though scratch . I've always tried to play fair on SVR, my version of fair pre-XWL is A LOT different than it is now, and love the fact that I can be confident that no matter who I am put against I almost always know that the match will be fun.

I first joined XWL in Feb. as HBK and Natalya, my promo skills were still shaky at best and I lost almost every match, so I ended up quitting after a month due to the boredom of jobberhood :run: .
But after witnessing the promo quality and quantity here in XWL (and the reviews that people were doing at the time, I loved having my promos reviewed since I was a new member, half the reason why I started the Jerry Fave Twenty Five Review thingy) I couldn't stay away. So I rejoined in March as John Cena, but ended up only staying for 2 weeks though and quitting again due to being in too many leagues and XWL being the one that took up the most time without reward (was still ultra-jobber at the time and didn't think that that would change anytime soon) Embarassed
All the other leagues ended up dieing leaving either SOOL or XWL.. so I decided to join both, lasted a week in SOOL before hating it and quitting, and ended up loving XWL my third go around and have stayed since. I decided to promo weekly and hope that it payed off and it did! Got in IC Elimination Chamber as Lucky Cannon and had the privilege of getting RKOed on the Steel floor ftw (fuuuuu Gazz!! lol)! Since then I've made many switches Embarassed but have finally found someone who I really love promoing with in The Brian Kendrick. Hoping to make some history as him in the future and winning my first ever league title! I'll be 100% honest, I remember when I first joined, thinking that I would never be able to make an impact in XWL because of the amount of members already there, but am glad that I gave it a chance and let you all prove me wrong seeing as I am able to be a part of something as cool as The Resistance Razz. Although being a SVR jobber in XWL can be tiresome, the members, promos, storylines, and overall epicness of XWL has made it an awesome time. Thank you David and Fn (only admins at the time when I joined) for being so welcoming when I joined... and rejoined...and rejoined.......and stayed cartman cool
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:01 pm

TBK-RY wrote:

Thanks to all who voted for me!! And congrats to everyone else who won an award.

Not only am I new to XWL, I'm also a fairly new WWE fan. I first heard about WWE in Jan. of this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the newest WWE fan here Razz But I try to catch up on what I missed on youtube and torrents!

When I joined XWL I remember how much of a difference it was from the leagues I was used to. For starters, the promos were novel's in my eyes compared to the promos I was used to seeing, and the quality of the promos of what would be considered one of the the worst promoers here was still easily better than the average promo in the leagues I was in. So to say that it took some getting used to would be an understatement, but luckily for me I'm a decent writer in general so was able to somewhat of adapt to the promo length and quality and love it, still working on winning matches though scratch . I've always tried to play fair on SVR, my version of fair pre-XWL is A LOT different than it is now, and love the fact that I can be confident that no matter who I am put against I almost always know that the match will be fun.

I first joined XWL in Feb. as HBK and Natalya, my promo skills were still shaky at best and I lost almost every match, so I ended up quitting after a month due to the boredom of jobberhood :run: .
But after witnessing the promo quality and quantity here in XWL (and the reviews that people were doing at the time, I loved having my promos reviewed since I was a new member, half the reason why I started the Jerry Fave Twenty Five Review thingy) I couldn't stay away. So I rejoined in March as John Cena, but ended up only staying for 2 weeks though and quitting again due to being in too many leagues and XWL being the one that took up the most time without reward (was still ultra-jobber at the time and didn't think that that would change anytime soon) Embarassed
All the other leagues ended up dieing leaving either SOOL or XWL.. so I decided to join both, lasted a week in SOOL before hating it and quitting, and ended up loving XWL my third go around and have stayed since. I decided to promo weekly and hope that it payed off and it did! Got in IC Elimination Chamber as Lucky Cannon and had the privilege of getting RKOed on the Steel floor ftw (fuuuuu Gazz!! lol)! Since then I've made many switches Embarassed but have finally found someone who I really love promoing with in The Brian Kendrick. Hoping to make some history as him in the future and winning my first ever league title! I'll be 100% honest, I remember when I first joined, thinking that I would never be able to make an impact in XWL because of the amount of members already there, but am glad that I gave it a chance and let you all prove me wrong seeing as I am able to be a part of something as cool as The Resistance Razz. Although being a SVR jobber in XWL can be tiresome, the members, promos, storylines, and overall epicness of XWL has made it an awesome time. Thank you David and Fn (only admins at the time when I joined) for being so welcoming when I joined... and rejoined...and rejoined.......and stayed cartman cool
Tl;dr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Shuggz wrote:
TBK-RY wrote:

Tl;dr

fuck off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!   Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy 3 Year Anniversary XWL!
Page 1 of 1