Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out Empty
PostSubject: XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out   XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:46 pm

XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out IsrlzNTjeQQid

XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out DWLho42

At Eye for an Eye, The Divas of XWL were set to make history by competing in the elimination chamber. Layla, Paige, Alicia Fox, Torrie Wilson, Gail Kim and Mickie James had their boots laced and were ready for the fight of their lives. That is, until an frustrated authority figure decided that the match wouldn't take place tonight. Not now, not in the future, not ever. We managed to catch up with some of XWL's top Divas to get their thoughts about the history making match being cancelled.

XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out CcUPCm2

Torrie Wilson
Well a lot of you saw my opinion on this stunt Vickie has pulled last week but a week later and I still feel no better. Vickie had one bad day at the office and suddenly she cancels an event what would not only be one of the biggest moments in XWL history, but in wrestling all over the world for women. This match alone not only gave a chance to six willing diva's in this company but was a showcase for the rest of the world and women wrestlers everywhere showing them just what we can do and that we can step inside dangerous environments like the male superstars and go to that crazy state of mine where you are willing to do anything it takes to win. But of course, Vickie's bad mood pulled the plug on this and now we're going to have a diva go one on one next week and not doing anything significant to earn the shot, nothing as significant as beating five other diva's surrounded in tonnes of steel and in what is described as the most dangerous match of all time. No big deal really.

[Interviewer]
Eve, I'm trying to get Divas opinions on the cancellation of the Divas elimination chamber, What are you thoughts on this?

XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out MGLyPjF
[Eve Torres]
I've heard the talk in the lockeroom, many divas think this is a travesty,they think it makes a joke of the Divas Division.. but you want my thoughts? Well, I think it's the divas that make a joke of the division. I for one am glad that the Elimination Chamber got cancelled, so the likes of Gail Kim, Alicia Fox and Paige didn't get an undeserved chance, and didn't get the chance to ruin the divas division I worked so hard to build. You look at the divas that was chosen for that chamber.. is it any surprise it failed? is it any surprise that it was cancelled? I should've been in that Chamber from the start, It is justice that now nobody will get the chance that should've been given to me. Everyone wants to see me with that Divas Championship, They don't want to see Madison Eagles, They don't want to see a Bella get their 10th chance at achieving something... They want a true diva, they want the face of the diva division with that championship.

[Interviewer]
But wouldn't a big match like the Elimination Chamber be good for the Divas?

XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out G5sGHvj
[Eve Torres]
A big match? You can't have a big match with the Diva Division, without yours truly. Now that the match has rightfully been cancelled, Now Divas who are actually relevant can get the chances, divas like me. I told you at Eye for an Eye that I will become the Divas Champion, and I mean it. I don't care how I have to do it, I don't care who I have to beat to do it, but I Will do it.

XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out Normal_Exclusive_Interview-_WWE_Diva_Kaitlyn_mp4_000169068

[Kaitlyn]
I think something inside Vickie's head has finally snapped, something has drove her off the edge and she just doesn't care anymore. She doesn't care about the fans watching at home, she doesn't care about the fans watching who are watching live and in person but most importantly, she doesn't care about us anymore. If it wasn't for us, she wouldn't even have a job and she doesn't realize that. If it wasn't for us, XWL wouldn't be what it is today. Divas like myself, Layla, Michelle McCool and even AJ Lee, we have what helped mold XWL in to what it is today. She has let her personal feelings blind her which is something should never be done from a business standpoint. Come Eye for an Eye, I'll do what is needed to beat her but that won't change anything really. It will take more then one diva to set Vickie in her place.

XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out PmBL8QE

[AJ Lee]
What more do I need to say?  Did you not listen to what I said in the ring earlier tonight?  The situation with the Divas Elimination Chamber is a joke, but everyone is more than happy to just sit back and take whatever crap management throws at the Divas Division... but not me.  I'm not like everybody else.  I'm going to bring change to the Divas Division and I'm going to stand up for women's wrestling.  It might take me some time to accomplish it, but I will.  I'll be the spearhead of change and I'll be respected for it.  You mark my words.

XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out QgxkoOd

[Layla]
As someone that's been here since day one, it pains me to see the division in the state that it is. Because it's so full of life, incredibly unique talent, strong veterans, and hungry rookies....yet, we're still treated like second class citizens. You'd never see a guy's match get canceled the week before before an event, so why did it happen to us? Because some jaded, bitter, and jealous old crone  had a bad day at the office, and so she took it out on us? It's just despicable, and I hope she's happy with herself, I really do, she took this moment away from us, and she took it away from the fans. Bravo Vickie, that'll so get your show back, said no one ever.

Back to top Go down

XWL Backstage Fallout: The Divas Speak Out
Page 1 of 1