Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Just a little reminder to everyone

Go down 
+4
TheKrzyOne
Kyle
TheFilthParade
Bang
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

Just a little reminder to everyone Empty
PostSubject: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Here in XWL we have these things, let's call them "rules". I know what some of you are thinking; "What on earth does he mean? Rules? Never heard of them before, I just do whatever I want and play cheap as hell because that's totally allowed. playing fair? I'd rather play to win".

If that sounds like you, or someone you might know(and yes we know who you are then please refer to the link below to remind yourselves of the rules of this league.

https://xwlleague.forumotion.com/t2511-xwl-rules-and-policies

Now these "rules" are meant to be followed, whether it's in-game rules, rules for promoing or otherwise, you are expected to follow them in order for this place to be fun. And it's got to the point where an increasing amount of you don't follow the rules, and you're quite frankly a bit of a cunt for doing so.

To everyone who is following the rules you're tippy top people, and we love you.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:33 pm

I wish I could tag people in posts.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:35 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
Definitely a feature I'd welcome if they ever implemented it -_-
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:38 pm

who needs to play with class when you're out here just tryna win a big match at FS and make a name for yourself in these tough times
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:40 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
who needs to play with class when you're out here just tryna win a big match at FS and make a name for yourself in these tough times

Yeah, who cares if your finisher didn't connect, you just gotta win anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:55 pm

Just name and shame them tbfh.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:09 pm

I don't know what's gotten into a lot of you but the fact that I've gotten complaints from people from different matches at our supposed "biggest PPV" is downright sad. This is for fun, if you're not here to have fun, you don't belong here. We may be lacking on the activity front compared to previous years, but you know what? You know what's not helping that? People waiting, be it chain grapples, and THERE ARE A LOT OF YOU THAT CLAIM YOU DON'T, AND DO. Be it groggy grapples, just because it might do a chain grapple if you try to grapple after you pick them up doesn't excuse you standing there for a second or two before trying to grapple them. You might not know this but it's actually possible to do a groggy grapple immediately, it might not happen all the time, but it actually happens, shocker I know.

We never used to have these issues, so I don't know what, but something needs to change. Spamming strikes, limb target, grapples, running, taunting, it's all spam and it's all against the rules. It should be simple right? Do one thing, once, and then do other things before doing that again? But for some of you that's unheard of. Also, get off people's asses in matches, they're supposed to be for fun, so maybe, slow the pace down for at least the first five minutes? Don't stay on somebody constantly, back the fuck off.

We've tried to handle these issues calmly in the past, start a thread calmly, but now, screw it. Brutal honesty is what this needs, and quite frankly this shit needs to change or else you won't have a league to be cheap in or "try hard" in because there won't be a league. Because everyone who doesn't care about winning every single match, everyone who actually tries to have fun, will leave. And as we've said before, you can wanna win, but when your opponent and people watching, can look at a match and tell you care only about winning, yeah that's when you care just a little too much about beating someone in a match that essentially means nothing to you in the real world.

Rant over/

Last edited by ThatGuy on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:11 pm

ThatGuy wrote:
I don't know what's gotten into a lot of you but the fact that I've gotten complaints from people from different matches at our supposed "biggest PPV" is downright sad. This is for fun, if you're not here to have fun, you don't belong here. We may be lacking on the activity front compared to previous years, but you know what? You know what's not helping that? People waiting, be it chain grapples, and THERE ARE A LOT OF YOU THAT CLAIM YOU DON'T, AND DO. Be it groggy grapples, just because it might do a chain grapple if you try to grapple after you pick them up doesn't excuse you standing there for a second or two before trying to grapple them. You might not know this but it's actually possible to do a groggy grapple immediately, it might not happen all the time, but it actually happens, shocker I know.

We never used to have these issues, so I don't know what, but something needs to change. Spamming strikes, limb target, grapples, running, taunting, it's all spam and it's all against the rules. It should be simple right? Do one thing, once, and then do other things before doing that again? But for some of you that's unheard of. Also, get off people's asses in matches, they're supposed to be for fun, so maybe, slow the pace down for at least the first five minutes? Don't stay on somebody constantly, back the fuck off.

We've tried to handle these issues calmly in the past, start a thread calmly, but now, screw it. Brutal honesty is what this needs, and quite frankly this shit needs to change or else you won't have a league to be cheap in or "try hard" in because there won't be a league. Because everyone who doesn't care about winning every single match, everyone who actually tries to have fun, will leave. And as we've said before, you can wanna win, but when your opponent and people watching, can look at a match and tell you care only about winning, yeah that's when you care just a little too much about beating someone in a match that essentially means nothing to you in the real world.

Rant over/

coffee
Back to top Go down
Adam
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:22 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:

SinAndBonez
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Adam? wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:

SinAndBonez

Damn, how you just gonna call him out like that.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:47 am

ThatGuy wrote:

Rant over/

Didn't read lol
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:49 am

Love you too Z <3
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Zander still hanging on IGN Rose
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:52 am

TheKrzyOne wrote:

I can't let go </3

it hurts me inside that Final Stand is 2 pages and I can't do a damn thing
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:08 pm

Zander wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:

I can't let go </3

it hurts me inside that Final Stand is 2 pages and I can't do a damn thing
why did you have to go?
We need you back Rose IGN

Last edited by TheKrzyOne on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:26 pm

I'm sorry for constantly running away from Gaz, Shuggz, and Red in the MITB Match, but they are scary. Least I wasn't running at them :p But yeah, really sorry, really wasn't trying to be annoying or cheap, didn't realize that it was is all. Won't happen again
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:44 pm

The P1 wrote:
I'm sorry for constantly running away from Gaz, Shuggz, and Red in the  MITB Match, but they are scary. Least I wasn't running at them :p  But yeah, really sorry, really wasn't trying to be annoying or cheap, didn't realize that it was is all. Won't happen again

Not just you so don't worry, it's basically something everyone here, no matter what you've done, or who you are, needs to evaluate. Pay attention to how you've played, what you've done, maybe accidentally, and stop it. Because I personally hate going into most matches hoping they'll be as good as they once were, and then dealing with crap that just isn't fun, or allowed. Hell, Seme hated being World Champion because everyone he faced went try hard on him to "beat the champ." Instead of just having fun people get so caught up on what it might be or whatever that they just ruin it for both of them. I remember when I could have a bad match with maybe two, three, four people. Now that list is practically the exact opposite.

I made this league to escape the crap that online is, so if people try to bring that crap here, we're going to start cracking down. If you don't want obey the rules, if you want a quick, cheap, meaningless victory, then you can go have "fun" with all the hackers online, with their taunts that automatically do moves, and their cheap finishers, and their constant running, and massive waiting, and other crap that you get from the average person there.

What's more, people shouldn't get upset with us for bringing this up to you, if you play against the rules, or to the point that nobody has fun facing you, and you yourself miss out on having fun because of that too. Then yes we're going to bring that up. We, or at least I have brought that up in a nice calm way, so don't respond by getting upset about it, just see your mistake, and own up to it. Nobody complains to be a dick, they complain because it's an issue, and it really is. We're at the point though where it's hard to sugar coat the issue, because it's not changing. We're telling people hey don't do this, this isn't right, and some are getting it, like their next match and ones to follow will be miles better. But then there's others that don't listen, or get upset over it to the point that they just don't care. We have rules for a reason, and that's to provide a fun environment for the members to play this game in, so please follow them.

Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:52 pm

The P1 wrote:
I'm sorry for constantly running away from Gaz, Shuggz, and Red in the  MITB Match, but they are scary. Least I wasn't running at them :p  But yeah, really sorry, really wasn't trying to be annoying or cheap, didn't realize that it was is all. Won't happen again

Don't worry, I had a lot worse matches this PPV.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:56 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
The P1 wrote:

Don't worry, I had a lot worse matches this PPV.
hug

As per usual I agree with all of what David said and it echoes why I even came to help him back in april of 09 and have been around since. I've loved this place for so many reasons but a big one is the fun, amazing, matches you can have with people. Lately it's hard finding that so I'm hoping that we can all find a way to make that happen again. We're one of the longest leagues I know of for a reason. We all enjoy each other and enjoy being here. Let's try and get some of that back to show we're still that much of an enjoyable, entertaining, fun league to be in/be a part of. I'm happy and I'll continue to be but I want everyone else to be as well.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:58 pm

ThatGuy wrote:
something everyone here, no matter what you've done, or who you are, needs to evaluate.
Just a little reminder to everyone 196fuarapyylmgif
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a little reminder to everyone   Just a little reminder to everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a little reminder to everyone
Page 1 of 1