Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Admin Approved Reevaluation!

Go down 
+7
Shug
P1
T-Roll
Holybatman96
TheFilthParade
Pats
P.R Son
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Empty
PostSubject: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Below is a list of the current Admin Approved characters. There has been doubt as to why some are currently under this category, or why some aren't, so we thought if you feel as strongly as you do about this, maybe as a league we can come together to make the best list possible.

Admin Approved is a policy we created to ensure that in demand characters would be utilized, and not wasted. It's not based on what they've done, it's not based on how high their overall is in the game. It's based on who people generally want in the league, so much so that to have them in the hands of someone that does nothing would be a total waste. So there's some doubt over the current list, who is and who isn't on it, so we ask that every member that has an issue with this list, tell us what they would do.

Remove who you feel shouldn't be on there, add who you feel should, and after we've received your thoughts, we'll evaluate everything that has been said, and have a list that everyone can agree on.

Alberto Del Rio
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Edge
John Cena
The Miz
Randy Orton
Shawn Michaels
Steve Austin
The Rock
Triple H
Wade Barrett
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Everyone should be admin approved so it's win-win.  Nobody ever gets wasted and people free up after inactivity.

But anyway, what is the criteria for admin approved?  Popularity?  How do you know who is popular?  Triple H was free for a while before I picked him up with no other interest except my own so test promos weren't needed yet he remains admin approved.  I don't think Cody's all that popular myself yet he makes the list too.

I don't really understand the policy at all so what I said above seems to be the best option.  That's my suggestion.  Maybe rename it to something else instead of admin approved... lol.
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Even though I promo every week please don't put Seth on this kthxbai.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Pats wrote:

But if you promo every week it won't matter if he is.
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:18 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
Pats wrote:

True but in case of unexpected breaks.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Pats wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:
Pats wrote:

True but in case of unexpected breaks.

You wouldn't lose him in the 3 weeks then though, you get 2(?) months lol
Back to top Go down
Holybatman96
Jobber
Holybatman96

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 8:01 pm

I feel like some top TNA guys should be on there as well.

Bobby Roode
Kurt Angle
Sting
AJ Styles
Back to top Go down
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
T-Roll

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 10:18 pm

Holybatman96 wrote:
I feel like some top TNA guys should be on there as well.

Bobby Roode
Kurt Angle
Sting
AJ Styles
Eric Young

Fixed your post.
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Shouldn't...

Alberto Del Rio
Cody Rhodes
Wade Barrett

Should...

Kurt Angle
Bobby Roode
Jeff Hardy

Last edited by The P1 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:03 am

Del Rio shouldn't be on there because let's face it, when Seme went on a break and had to drop him there weren't exactly people fighting over one another to try and get him and if they did he got dropped anyway.

I don't think Cody should be included either, he's not what I would call a top superstar in the WWE and the only person to do something actually meaningful with him here is Penguin.

Whoever suggested AJ Styles should be on the list, just no. AJ is a top superstar, AJ is a great wrestler but talking from experience the joy of being him doesn't last very long.

Sting - Again, no one ever really goes for him when he is free and when they do it doesn't last long.

Bobby Roode - Perhaps  coffee 

Barrett should stay on the list because whenever he is free there are normally quite a few people interested in picking him up.
Back to top Go down
Twiztid
Mid Card
Twiztid

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:33 am

sorry to be off topic here but i am using Sting and i think i am doing very well with him and i enjoy being him Very Happy just being honest.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:22 am

Shuggz wrote:
Del Rio shouldn't be on there because let's face it, when Seme went on a break and had to drop him there weren't exactly people fighting over one another to try and get him and if they did he got dropped anyway.

I don't think Cody should be included either, he's not what I would call a top superstar in the WWE and the only person to do something actually meaningful with him here is Penguin.

Whoever suggested AJ Styles should be on the list, just no. AJ is a top superstar, AJ is a great wrestler but talking from experience the joy of being him doesn't last very long.

Sting - Again, no one ever really goes for him when he is free and when they do it doesn't last long.

Bobby Roode - Perhaps  coffee 

Barrett should stay on the list because whenever he is free there are normally quite a few people interested in picking him up.
Surprisingly I agree with every bit of this. Especially Cody, Styles, and Sting. Cody's not really a top star in WWE. Nobody ever jumped at the gun to be him when he was dropped, and the only one to ever do anything worthwhile really, was Jon. As far as Sting and Styles go regardless of their ability in the ring I also don't think that they should be put here. I'd have to disagree on Roode though. He's kind of in the same vein of Styles and Sting. Not too many people are jumping the gun to be him. Then the people who pick him up don't keep him long. Barrett on the other hand? He used to, and may still get, tons of applicants. He's fun to promo as and has a great moveset in game. So I guess on the naming of 2k14 stars I'd remove Cody from that list. Otherwise I pretty much agree with Shuggz.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:36 am

Fn wrote:

Surprisingly I agree with every bit of this. Especially Cody, Styles, and Sting. Cody's not really a top star in WWE. Nobody ever jumped at the gun to be him when he was dropped, and the only one to ever do anything worthwhile really, was Jon. As far as Sting and Styles go regardless of their ability in the ring I also don't think that they should be put here. I'd have to disagree on Roode though. He's kind of in the same vein of Styles and Sting. Not too many people are jumping the gun to be him. Then the people who pick him up don't keep him long. Barrett on the other hand? He used to, and may still get, tons of applicants. He's fun to promo as and has a great moveset in game. So I guess on the naming of 2k14 stars I'd remove Cody from that list. Otherwise I pretty much agree with Shuggz.

If the point of the list was that people had to be big stars in the WWE, Dolph Ziggler, Miz and Dean Ambrose wouldn't be on the list while people like Sheamus, Big Show and hell even Undertaker and Kane would be on there. The point of the list is to put people on it who a lot of people would want to pick up if they were free, the superstars that are most commonly used in leagues.

Saying that, I honestly think that if Dean is up there, the other two members of the shield should be too. Roman is always popular in leagues, as is Seth. They both have great move sets and people always show interest in wanting to pick either of them up.

If you were to consider people like Roode admin approve and not Aries, I'd be a little surprised and shocked. Aries has always been popular in leagues in my experience, I've rarely seen Aries available in leagues.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:50 am

Dash wrote:
Fn wrote:

If the point of the list was that people had to be big stars in the WWE, Dolph Ziggler, Miz and Dean Ambrose wouldn't be on the list while people like Sheamus, Big Show and hell even Undertaker and Kane would be on there. The point of the list is to put people on it who a lot of people would want to pick up if they were free, the superstars that are most commonly used in leagues.

Saying that, I honestly think that if Dean is up there, the other two members of the shield should be too. Roman is always popular in leagues, as is Seth. They both have great move sets and people always show interest in wanting to pick either of them up.

If you were to consider people like Roode admin approve and not Aries, I'd be a little surprised and shocked. Aries has always been popular in leagues in my experience, I've rarely seen Aries available in leagues.
Well, while I get your overall point and I agree with you, I was only saying that for some. I mean come on. Sting? AJ? Cody? Nobodies jumping at the bit to be them so why should they be considered. Now when you bring up the members of the shield that I could agree with. Point being here that while everyone is different, I'm simply saying that, I agree with the sentiment that some of them shouldn't be there. Because nobodies chomping at the bit to be them. Nor is there much of a flow in interest when the said names become available. ie your Rhodes, Sting, etc. People like Ziggler and Miz I can understand but I'm just saying if there isn't a huge pop for this star, that after a while, I don't think they should be on this list. Cody being a prime example.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:59 am

Fn wrote:

Well, while I get your overall point and I agree with you, I was only saying that for some. I mean come on. Sting? AJ? Cody? Nobodies jumping at the bit to be them so why should they be considered. Now when you bring up the members of the shield that I could agree with. Point being here that while everyone is different, I'm simply saying that, I agree with the sentiment that some of them shouldn't be there. Because nobodies chomping at the bit to be them. Nor is there much of a flow in interest when the said names become available. ie your Rhodes, Sting, etc. People like Ziggler and Miz I can understand but I'm just saying if there isn't a huge pop for this star, that after a while, I don't think they should be on this list. Cody being a prime example.

I agree with you on Sting and AJ, they aren't popular is leagues at all, but I find it practically impossible to agree with you or anyone else over Cody. The reason why there's no interest in Cody here is because he's taken, he has been taken for god knows how long, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who would express interest if he were available. Jon knew back in the early months of 2013 that I was a huge Cody fan and would always tease me about dropping him. Razz

But yeah the point being, I've wanted to be Cody in a league for a long time, but every one I find has already got a Cody, and they rarely ever drop him, and when they do, others express interest before I can, so I might be a little biased, but I find Cody as a prime example for who should be on the list.

Not saying that if Cody ever were to come free here that I'd express interest, I'm not sure I could bring myself to play him after Jon's work with him, but I'm pretty sure that other people would jump at the chance. *Cough* Dashing *Cough
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:05 am

Dash wrote:
Fn wrote:

Awyes, someone finally agreeing with me on Seth should be on there.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:16 am

TheFilthParade wrote:

Awyes, someone finally agreeing with me on Seth should be on there.
He's not the only one who thinks so Razz
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:36 am

Alberto Del Rio

I'd say could be removed, really there isn't an interest that we can really see that warrants having him here anymore. At one time he was more popular, but that's changed.

Chris Jericho

I'd say is still very popular, always taken, so definitely should stay.

CM Punk

We've got people clamoring for the moment Shuggz drops him, so no doubt should still be Admin Approved.

Cody Rhodes

This could go either way, I'd say there's an interest from the league in wanting him, like if he became free, but maybe that interest is gone currently?

Daniel Bryan

No doubt should stay, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would love to be Bryan right now, fun moveset, bunch of caps, fun character.

Dean Ambrose

Much like Cody this could go either way, depends on what the league as a whole thinks really.

Dolph Ziggler

Again he's always taken, I think that should tell us he should stay because there's clearly interest.

Edge

While it's been years since Edge retired, he is taken a bunch, people have had interest in him, but he could be removed if people felt like that interest has faded from what it used to be.

John Cena

Cena is pretty much always taken, so I'd say he should stay.

The Miz

You know Miz, I think should be removed. Years ago he was majorly popular, and people wanted to be him, now...I don't know, it's like how everyone used to wanna be Ryder, and then suddenly didn't. I think people like him still, but maybe aren't chomping at the bit to get him.

Randy Orton

Much like Cena, Orton is always taken so I'd say that's a sign there's still interest.

Shawn Michaels

Again, always taken, on a lot of people's "people I wanna be" list.

Steve Austin

Considering people were calling for Kyle's head when he used to be inactive as him I'd say he should stay.

The Rock

Aside from Z, and well Ash, though not really. No one has been him or seemed to wanna be, so if there were people who wanted to remove him, I'd be for it.

Triple H

This one is another that could go either way, I can't tell you a lot of people that would want Triple H, maybe before, but they've been him and if the people think he shouldn't be here on the list anymore I'm okay with that.

Wade Barrett

This goes without saying, but he's practically what Steve Austin was when Kyle had him.

I don't really know about adding Rollins or Reigns, are they really strong characters that people want to see constant activity as? Take into account what Shuggz said as AJ Styles, wouldn't that maybe apply to these two?

Bobby Roode is open to discussion, some think he should, some don't, so what's the overall consensus?

As for Angle and Jeff, Angle really hasn't had that interest, and while Jeff has been taken a bit over the years, it's been by people who really have done not so much as him. I don't care if he's added I'm promoing more as him anyways, I just don't see adding him, of course that's up to what you guys think.

I think we got it right before by removing guys like Undertaker, Sheamus, Rey, Kane, Christian, and Big Show. I don't think many will disagree with us for removing them, obviously there's a lot of differing opinions on certain names, so that's why we're just laying it all in this thread and seeing what seems more popular.

I can't really think of any names I'd add in all honesty, not sure if the interest is there for Cesaro to warrant it, Fandango's kind of fallen off, as has Ryback.

The one's I'd 100% say should stay are

Chris Jericho
Shawn Michaels
Wade Barrett
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler

The rest, while I have reasons above that think they could stay, I don't think interest gets any stronger than what's had for those six.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:49 am

Honestly, I think that removing some people from the Admin Approved list has just ruined them. For example there's Christian who barely ever shows up, and if he was still Admin Approved then he would have been dropped weeks ago.

I honestly believe that if you're going to have an admin approved system for popular superstars like HBK, Punk, Jericho and the like, then you should have one for the superstars that aren't as popular too. The popular superstars could have the rule that they can't go three shows without promoing while the not so popular ones would be able to go a couple more weeks, but still have the same risk of losing their superstars since there may be people who are interested in them too, and really when someone picks a superstar up and doesn't promo with them for over a month, do they even deserve to be them when there's someone else who would promo every week as them? I don't think they do.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:52 am

Dash wrote:
Honestly, I think that removing some people from the Admin Approved list has just ruined them. For example there's Christian who barely ever shows up, and if he was still Admin Approved then he would have been dropped weeks ago.

I honestly believe that if you're going to have an admin approved system for popular superstars like HBK, Punk, Jericho and the like, then you should have one for the superstars that aren't as popular too. The popular superstars could have the rule that they can't go three shows without promoing while the not so popular ones would be able to go a couple more weeks, but still have the same risk of losing their superstars since there may be people who are interested in them too, and really when someone picks a superstar up and doesn't promo with them for over a month, do they even deserve to be them when there's someone else who would promo every week as them? I don't think they do.
I like this idea and I'd definitely be all for implementing something like this. I mean right now I can think of one person who I've been told by a few members rarely checks the site at all. Yet he's got a character that someone wants really bad. Apex in having Roode. I like the idea of having some kind of system because then you have a way to balance things like this out. That's just me though. I'm not sure how the others feel.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:55 am

If I'm not mistaken, Apex is losing his people this weekend.

And if Rollins and Reigns are being brought up because of fun move sets, Cesaro should at least be in the conversation too.

E: But then again, AA doesn't count matches so whether or not someone has a fun moveset should be a factor is iffy.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:03 am

TheKrzyOne wrote:

And if Rollins and Reigns are being brought up because of fun move sets, Cesaro should at least be in the conversation too.

E: But then again, AA doesn't count matches so whether or not someone has a fun moveset should be a factor is iffy.
It's not really based on the fact that they have fun movesets, although they do, they're pretty popular in leagues, Seth especially, while Reigns' popularity is growing because of his contribution in WWE. In my opinion there's just as much interest for Seth as there is for Dean, and Reigns is getting up there too.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:04 am

To throw this into the mix because well it's all sort of along the same lines, what if we implement a policy that prevents people who lose Admin Approved people from reapplying for Admin Approved people for a period of time?

Take into account the current switch rule where if you pick up someone and drop them within a week, you are frozen for a week before you can pick up anyone else.

So to lose an Admin Approved character you have to go two weeks without promoing, and you're issued a warning. A warning you have one week exactly to respond to, or promo, and if you don't, you lose the character.

So how about if someone loses an Admin Approved character, they're frozen for three weeks preventing them from not only picking back up that character, but also from picking up anyone else that was under the same policy and potentially having the same issue come about there.

It seems like a fair way to prevent people from getting around the policy, like we've got warnings for people that go two weeks without promoing, and then promo on the third to keep them. Where if they rack up three they lose them automatically, so with this we'd have something to stop someone from not promoing and then getting that character back immediately.

But what's the feeling on something like this being added? Or on that same topic, is there any ideas you members have for policies or rules to place on Admin Approved?
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:18 am

ThatGuy wrote:
To throw this into the mix because well it's all sort of along the same lines, what if we implement a policy that prevents people who lose Admin Approved people from reapplying for Admin Approved people for a period of time?

Take into account the current switch rule where if you pick up someone and drop them within a week, you are frozen for a week before you can pick up anyone else.

So to lose an Admin Approved character you have to go two weeks without promoing, and you're issued a warning. A warning you have one week exactly to respond to, or promo, and if you don't, you lose the character.

So how about if someone loses an Admin Approved character, they're frozen for three weeks preventing them from not only picking back up that character, but also from picking up anyone else that was under the same policy and potentially having the same issue come about there.

It seems like a fair way to prevent people from getting around the policy, like we've got warnings for people that go two weeks without promoing, and then promo on the third to keep them. Where if they rack up three they lose them automatically, so with this we'd have something to stop someone from not promoing and then getting that character back immediately.

But what's the feeling on something like this being added? Or on that same topic, is there any ideas you members have for policies or rules to place on Admin Approved?
I could get behind all of this. Being that I was guilty of not promoing consistently as Austin and ended up losing him. However, since coming back and having him again, I'm more motivated than ever and I'd hate to lose him. So I could see the appeal and reason behind freezing them from picking an admin approved star. Since we've already got the freeze rule in place for regular stars at the current point in time.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:21 am

I think we should seriously consider Dash's idea, let's be honest, if a member is just sporadically doing matches, never promoing, do they really add anything to the league? Especially if they're wasting people that others would do stuff with? I know we've tried to not do the whole "everyone must promo" thing but considering we base title shots on only those who promo, and never those who don't, it's almost like this should be a thing. Because otherwise they're just really not benefiting the league in any way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Admin Approved Reevaluation!    Admin Approved Reevaluation!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Admin Approved Reevaluation!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next