Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

What is the worst storyline in history?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonguin
Main Eventer

What is the worst storyline in history? Empty
PostSubject: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:10 pm

I got this idea from another forum. What do you think is the worst storyline in history?

I'll name a few to get started.

Katie Vick
No need to explain.

Big Bossman/Big Show
So, Big Show's father dies. Bossman then shows up at the funeral, steals the casket (with the "father" inside and drives off with it tied to the back of the car.) Note: Big Show's dad had died years before.

Anything involving sex.
Mae Young giving birth to a hand, etc.....

Drunk/Drugged/Suicidal Hawk
God, the Attitude Era had some horrible storylines. Take this for an example. WWF decided to use Hawk's real problems into an angle. Hawk would show up wasted to events and would wrestle like that. Meanwhile, at the time Droz had joined Hawk and Animal in the L.O.D. The angle ended when Hawk was going to commit suicide and jump off the titantron, but instead Droz "pushed" Hawk off and "killed" him. This was all because Droz wanted Hawk's spot, and he had drugged him the whole time.

Usage of Eddie's death in multiple feuds
(Rey/Chavo, Rey/Orton, Rey/Batista)

Tim White Suicide
Former ref Tim White was injured and he couldn't ref anymore, so he tried to kill himself in multiple segments.

Feel free to add more and state what you think is the worst.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Katie Vick.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Vince getting murdered, Katie Vick, JR's butt surgery and Nichole Bass

EDIT: Thought of afew more: Vince vs God, Al Wilson/Dawn Marie, Brian Pillman with a gun, Billy and Chucks gay wedding, Kane and Lita.

Last edited by BANG on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Oh yeah, don't forget about WCW/ECW/TNA.

(Sandman's crucified angle, Hogan/DOD, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:20 pm

Penguin wrote:
I
How could people even do that?? It's just sick!

whistle whistle
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Shuggz wrote:
Penguin wrote:
I
How could people even do that?? It's just sick!

whistle whistle

I agree. I hate people who bring up deaths to further a feud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Zack Gowen (One legged kid) and Colin Delaney...

Oh and the Big Bossman/Big Show thing was bad but... I lol'd when Bossman went to Big Show's mom's house to get her to reveal that Big Show was a bastard! lol

Chavo and Peppe, Anyone with a stuttering gimmick when they can talk just fine, WCW's Electric Chair Match from Halloween Havoc, Karen's Angle (talk show segment from TNA).

Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio feuded over custody of Rey's son Dominic :-/ although I loved the "I'm Your Papi" t-shirt that came from that.

Vince's Bastard Son Hornswoggle, Festus (except when Miz and Morrison were mocking him while ringing the bell a bunch of times)

Jay Lethal & So Cal Val Engagement (horrible way to end that, So Cal went with Sonjay Dutt and basically was a whore)

Pope vs Samoa Joe (Joe was Pope's stalker or some crap)

Last but not least, Stevie Richards as Women's Champion (I remember somewhere down the line he had a match with Chyna, and after she beat him, he was on the mat with a boner or something) palm

Oh and there are many others people listed here that I agree were horrible.

and don't forget Kaentai chopping off Val Venis' ... well ya know...
dance
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:30 pm

The Best Monopoly Player wrote:

Last but not least, Stevie Richards as Women's Champion (I remember somewhere down the line he had a match with Chyna, and after she beat him, he was on the mat with a boner or something) palm

I think you mean Harvey Wippleman and Jacqueline.

Also I liked the "I'm your Papi" storyline. Might just be me though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:57 pm

In no order:

Al Wilson and Dawn Marie

Scott Hall's drink problems used on TV

Vickie pretending to be disabled and using a wheelchair for ages

Exploiting Eddie's death

Pregnant Lita and Snitsky causing her to have a miscarriage

David Arquette as World Champion

Fingerpoke of Doom

Pacman Jones

WWE remaking ECW

K-Fed vs Cena (and K-Fed pinning him)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Vince/Shane/HBK God storyline.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:29 am

Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara imitate Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross

Muhammad Hassan terrorist angle on 7/7 (bad timing more than anything)

Torrie Wilson's Dad and Dawn Marie

Vince and Trish/Sable

Vince vs Stephanie
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 pm

C R I B wrote:

The main problem was people just assumed they was terrorists. When infact, they was never said or introduced as terrorists, just masked men.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Gazza wrote:
C R I B wrote:

The main problem was people just assumed they was terrorists. When infact, they was never said or introduced as terrorists, just masked men.

Plus, it's not as if it was live, it was recorded 2 days before 7/7. And really if you think about it, the only thing wrong with the angle was UPN automatically deciding that Muslim+Ski Mask=Terrorist, even though UPN wouldn't allow WWE to cut the bit out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 2:24 pm

BANG wrote:
Gazza wrote:
C R I B wrote:

Plus, it's not as if it was live, it was recorded 2 days before 7/7. And really if you think about it, the only thing wrong with the angle was UPN automatically deciding that Muslim+Ski Mask=Terrorist, even though UPN wouldn't allow WWE to cut the bit out.

I think WWE were pushing the idea that they were terrorists or extremists, although really, who knows. I just assume they were supposted to be terrorists. I don't think WWE would have had time to pull it anyway, it would have been literally hours between them finding out and the SmackDown broadcast. They would also have had to find something to replace it with.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:21 pm

C R I B wrote:
BANG wrote:
Gazza wrote:
C R I B wrote:

I think WWE were pushing the idea that they were terrorists or extremists, although really, who knows. I just assume they were supposted to be terrorists. I don't think WWE would have had time to pull it anyway, it would have been literally hours between them finding out and the SmackDown broadcast. They would also have had to find something to replace it with.

They cut it out completely in the UK nad Europe(which airs before USA)
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:42 pm

The whole thing was blown out proportion by UPN. That's all there is too it really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst storyline in history?   What is the worst storyline in history? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the worst storyline in history?
Page 1 of 1