Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand

Go down 
AuthorMessage

XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand Empty
PostSubject: XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand   XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:16 am

XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand Drx8gVz

*The above image flashes across the screen before a video posted on the XWL.com website begins to play. The scene is some dark arena packed full of rabid heavy metal fans. On the stage, the figures of World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho's band Fozzy are the center of attention, and the catalyst for the electricity in the air. The video showcases to several shots and angles of Fozzy performing several tracks from their new album as the masses bob up and down, singing along in unison as Jericho orchestrates the onslaught of deafening music.*

XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand 7cIkyC4XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand EwczQjq
XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand MoghgZwXWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand CvwruHH

*After around a minute or so of footage, the Fozzy logo appears before briefly fading away to a backstage area where Chris Jericho is shown sat alongside an XWL interviewer, who by a nameplate is identified as Alfred Bichmunki.*

XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand WHM7EI6

XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand IS5wZdk

[Alfred]
Chris Jericho, thank you for taking some time to answer a few questions for the XWL Universe, especially after what must have been a tiring performance earlier tonight with your band Fozzy. And what a phenomenal performance it was!

XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand PeFeZjT

[Chris Jericho]
Thanks man, it means a lot. Every little bit of support counts. To think that we started out as some lame cover band, born out of nothing more than a pipe dream... and now we can sell out arenas in the US, the UK, Europe and Australia... it's insane. Fozzy over the years has become something which I had always hoped it would. It was always my dream to be in a band and be a professional wrestler and now I get to have the best of both worlds.

[Alfred]
That you do. I wish Fozzy all the success in the world, but the reason we're here right now is ultimately for XWL and the XWL Universe. Now, over the past month or so, things between yourself and Dean Ambrose have become pretty heated. The Men Of Honor have left you bloodied and bruised and stolen your XWL World Championship away from you. You've been a champion without a title for some time now... when can we expect Chris Jericho to take back what is rightfully his?

[Chris Jericho]
I think I've already made it clear what I think of Dean Ambrose but let me reiterate that for who may have missed it. As far as I'm concerned, Dean Ambrose can live out this deluded fantasy that he's somehow the World Champion or somehow better than I am just because he has my title. Everybody knows who the World Heavyweight Champion is, and I'm the champion for a reason. I'm the best in the world at everything I do. I don't need a title around my waist to prove that. I still steal the show every night and I have no equal in the ring. The problem that I have with Dean Ambrose is that he's made this more than about the title. He's made this personal. The way that he and his buddy AJ Styles left me lying in a pool of my own blood, with bruises all over my body from head to toe... it sickened me. Not because I was the victim of an assault by two despicable thugs who aren't fit to tie the laces on my boots... but I was sickened because when I returned home to my kids after the attack, they didn't recognize me. It made me feel physically ill that they couldn't recognize their own father... and they begged me to stop wrestling. But I can't. Wrestling is my passion. It's what has allowed me to live out my dreams and accomplish everything I have wanted to accomplish in this life. I won't be in Boston this week for Breakdown, but at Dead Man's Hand... Dean Ambrose will get what's coming to him. I won't stop and I won't rest until Dean is as bloodied and bruised as I was. Trust me when I say that once all the dust has settled... whatever the match type is... I will be standing over Dean's carcass with my hand held high in victory with the World Heavyweight Championship back where it belongs.

[Alfred]
Speaking of the World Heavyweight Championship, last week on Redemption your title reign was put in jeopardy when Mr Money In The Bank Christian appeared to be contemplating cashing in his briefcase before CM Punk came to your aid...

[Chris Jericho]
Well, I don't think Punk came to my aid. We've never exactly seen eye to eye. I just think that Christian has got himself involved with the wrong guy because I know just as well as anybody that Punk is as relentless as they come. He won't be leaving Christian alone anytime soon. Besides, that shot with the briefcase wouldn't have kept me down. I'm the best in the world for a reason and I would've still defeated Christian whether he cashed in then or any other night for that matter. It's just that-

*A voice off camera shouts over, interrupting the interview and grabbing the attention of both men.*

[Out-of-view worker]
Chris, we've got a fan back here with a VIP pass who's just dying to see you.

[Alfred]
Right now? We're kind of in the middle of an interview here...

[Chris Jericho]
No, it's cool. We can continue this in a bit. Let them through.

*Alfred isn't all so happy about this as Rich Ward, lead guitarist of Fozzy, approaches Jericho from behind. You can hear him say "Nice show, Chris" before patting him on the back and heading off the camera once again. Jericho turns back around to see this fan of his but his mood isn't what you'd expect. It's more of a serious tone now as the camera slowly begins to zoom out, revealing this so called "fan" of Chris Jericho. The "fan" turns out to be XWL's Mr. Money In The Bank, Christian! And he has his briefcase in hand, a smirk on his face as he begins to speak.*

[Christian]
Hey, Chris. Buddy. Pal. Friend. Champion. How's it going? I couldn't help but notice the greatest band to ever grace the earth was performing down the road from this weeks show and I just couldn't miss the opportunity of missing this. But you know, I have a little suggestion for you about a new song you could make for your next album that would be a hit. You'd call it "Christian" and it could be a story about how I came to your concert and stole your championship in front of thousands and thousands of Jericholics with the briefcase in my hand.

*Chris Jericho doesn't seem so impressed as Christian looks at him, obviously not too happy he didn't like his song idea.*

[Christian]
C'mon now, how could you not like that idea? And the best part is, it would be a true story and maybe, just maybe, you could make it into a music video. I'd be willing to star in it of course, would be so much better then that hilarious "Sandpaper" music video that you released not too long ago. But first things first, we've got to make it a true story first before we set things in stone. Can't get ahead of ourselves too much, wouldn't you agree, Charles?

*Christian pulls in XWL referee, Charles Robinson, from out of the cameras view. From the looks of things, Christian forced him into putting on the referees shirt he is wearing as it's on backwards. Christian smirks as he looks towards Jericho, waiting for a reply.*

[Chris Jericho]
Honestly Christian... I'm surprised to see you here. I didn't think you had the audacity or the balls to show up in unfamiliar territory and cash in your title shot. You've caught me by surprise and I'm unprepared. Maybe I should just lay down and let you cover me to save my embarrassment...

*Christian grins wildly at the prospect of an easy title win.*

[Chris Jericho]
But you know what? You haven't really thought this through have you Christian? I mean, you're surrounded by members of my band and our production crew and just outside that door I have thousands of fans. I bet that even Alfred would pack one hell of a punch. What if we all jumped you right now and made sure you could never... ever... cash in that briefcase? You're just one man Christian... and you're not exactly a monster or a dominant force now are you? So why don't you tuck your tail between your legs and get the hell out of here before you get yourself hurt.

*Christian chuckles a little bit at what Jericho says before speaking himself..*

[Christian]
The thing you've got to realize, Chris, is that if any of your "fans" attack me then they'll have a one way ticket to jail. If any of your band mates attack me, you'll have to see if you can perform a concert live from the jailhouse. Talk about jailhouse blues because it would be such a sad day seeing Fozzy play live from a location they fit into oh so well. Oh and Alfred here, I doubt he could even hurt a fly if he wanted to. But I'll save you the time, and I'll save you the embarrassment, Chris. If I'm going to cash in on you. It is going to be in front of thousands and thousands of people, live on a Breakdown, Redemption, or Pay-Per-View and not in front of like... a small number of idiotic Fozzy Fans who don't deserve to see me become the World Heavyweight Champion.

*Christian shoves Charles Robinson out of the view of the screen and begins to walk out himself before looking back and saying something to Jericho..*

[Christian]
I suggest you watch your back come Dead Man's Hand because Dean Ambrose and AJ Styles won't be your only problem if things continue the way they are. I keep creeping closer and closer to cashing this in, it is bound to happen eventually and it could even be this Sunday if I wanted it to be.

*Christian barges past the cameraman as he exits, knocking it to the floor to disconnect the video feed, bringing the planned interview to an abrupt end.*

Back to top Go down

XWL.com Exclusive: Chris Jericho performs with his band Fozzy and takes part in an interview ahead of the big World Heavyweight Championship match at Dead Man's Hand
Page 1 of 1