Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

The Trial of Chavo Guerrero: Day 2- Maria Kanellis testifies.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

The Trial of Chavo Guerrero: Day 2- Maria Kanellis testifies. Empty
PostSubject: The Trial of Chavo Guerrero: Day 2- Maria Kanellis testifies.   The Trial of Chavo Guerrero: Day 2- Maria Kanellis testifies. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:06 pm

The following is a transcript of the events that occurred inside the courtroom of Judge Kyle Hogan during the trial of Chavo Guerrero on the day in which Maria Kanellis was put on the witness stand. This document is the sole property of XWL and the company has been allowed to display it on its website so people are able to follow the events of the trial as they transpire.

Judge Kyle Hogan steps into the room and walks over to his seat.

Bailiff: All rise!

Judge: Thank you bailiff. You may all be seated. Now what’s on the agenda for today?

Bailiff: Today we have, uh, a Miss Maria Kanellis being brought in to testify.

Judge: Has she been sworn in?

Bailiff: Yes, sir.

Judge: Good have her brought in.

Maria Kanellis is brought into the courtroom and she takes a seat on the witness bench.

Judge: Good afternoon, Miss Kanellis. You’ve been sworn in and I must remind you that perjury under oath is a serious offense. Now, do you understand why you’re here today?

Maria: Yes, to talk about my experience with Chavo Guerrero.

Judge: Good, now Mr. Pengwine are you ready to question the witness?

RCP: You better believe I am, your honor.

Kid Kash: Ask that chick what her number is.

Judge: Mr. Pengwine please keep your client under cont… let the record show that Kid Kash just did that.

*Kid Kash made a call me gesture with his hand and blew a kiss to Maria.*

RCP: My apologies, your honor. I’ll do my best to keep him in check.

Judge: I want more than your best.

Pengwine gets up and paces before the witness stand.

RCP: Understood. Now, before I begin I would like to bring evidence serial number adjp225 into play. And ladies and gentleman what we have here is a video highlighting a key confrontation between Miss Maria Kanellis and Chavo Guerrero on the June 18, 2009 episode of XWL Raw. This is for the benefit of the people of the jury so they can, as well as Miss Kanellis, have the events fresh in their minds while the questioning is taking place. So if you would please bring in the tape.

A cart with a television monitor is rolled into the courtroom and a tape is placed inside.

Quote :
*Chavo's theme begins to play*

The following is a one on one singles match. Introducing first, from El Paso, Texas weighing in at 200 pounds...Chavo Guerrrrrrero.

*A few seconds pass by and Chavo has yet to enter the arena.*

Styles: I heard Chavo was in the building tonight. I wonder what's going on.
King: It’s probably nothing serious. Chances are he got lost on his way out here.
Styles: Let's hope you're right and it is nothing serious, King. Chavo can't afford to miss his debut match. This could be his last chance to get his career back on track. He needs to...
King: Yea, yea, you need to stop talking. Speaking of tracks, you think it’s possible for them to restart his song? I sure do love the opening line, although I think " oooooooooo Jerry" sounds a lot better. But that's just my opinion.

*Music stops*

King: I never get my way.

*Camera cuts to backstage, where Chavo is seen talking to one of the divas*

*Maria rounds a corner, and when she sees Chavo she rushes toward him.*

Maria: Chavo what the hell are you doing? The match is starting. You should be out there not back here.

Chavo: Hey, hey mamacita relax, be easy. Why are you getting your pretty little face all in a bunch?

Maria: It's my first night as GM and I want everything to go just as planned. I already have to deal with disappearing suitcases tonight and I don't want to have to worry about superstars no showing their matches....

Chavo: I'm not no showing anything.

Maria: Then why are you here?

Chavo: Haven't you heard of terms like " save the best for last" or "Mexicans do it best"?

Maria: Well I'm not too sure about the last one but...

Chavo: Exactly, you agree. So since I am the best wrestler in the match...

Maria: What makes you think you're the best?

Chavo: Does the match card not say Chavo vs. Punk?

Maria: Well, yea but...

Chavo: Exactly my names on top of his. On the social pyramid, my name has more prestige than his. If I go out there first then Punk the crowds excitement at seeing their favorite wrestler would be ruined.

Maria: I doubt you're their favorite wrestler.

Chavo: Silencio ahora por favor. Anyway, I'll play your game. I'll go out there I'll rally up the crowd, y entonces when Punk comes out that would be a big FU to the crowd. You think about that when your approval ratings as GM start to plummet.

Styles: Well I guess Chavo is ok after all.

King: Yea, big whoop. Let's just hope his skills in the ring can back up his skills with his mouth.

When the tape ends the cart is rolled to the side so Raz Conway Pengwine can begin his line of question.

RCP: Now Maria…

Maria: Yes?

RCP: Do you remember that day?

Maria: Yes, I do remember it.

RCP: It was your first day of your job, correct?

Maria: Yes, I was just put in charge and I was doing everything I could to make sure that things ran as smoothly as possible.

RCP: And Chavo Guerrero made sure that things didn’t go that smoothly, am I correct?

McAdams: Objection! He’s putting words in her mouth.

Judge: Sustained. Mr. Pengwine please rephrase the question.

RCP. Maria, did Chavo Guerrero make being GM of XWL a smooth experience?

Maria: No, he did not.

RCP: Could you tell the people of the court what it was like working with Chavo Guerrero?

Maria: It wasn’t the most pleasant of experiences. He could be mean at times, a bit selfish and it was really hard working with him.

RCP: Now we all saw the tape and how Chavo Guerrero spoke to you. Was this the way a typical meeting between the two of you went down?

Maria: Yeah it was, I mean he was just so rude all the time for absolutely no reason. It was either his way or the highway most of the time, and it seemed like he went out of his way to make my life miserable.

RCP: So you could say that he had no respect for authority?

McAdams: Objection! He’s doing it again your honor.

Judge: Objection sustained. I once again ask you to rephrase your question, Mr. Pengwine. You do it again and I’m making you sit down.

RCP: Understood your honor.

Judge: Good. You may continue.

RCP: So Maria, based on your experiences, and in your opinion, how do you believe Chavo Guerrero viewed authority figures such as what you were back then?

Maria: Well it was like you said; it was like he just had no respect for authority…

RCP: Sorry, but I ask that you speak in your own words.

Maria: Okay, well, I guess it was like he didn’t care what anyone else thought or tried to do, if he didn’t like it, he wouldn’t do it even if it was an order from someone above him and the only person he thought that was worth listening to was himself.

RCP: So based on everything you have said here, do you, Maria Kanellis, believe that Chavo Guerrero is capable of violence?

Maria: Well he’s a wrestler, they’re all capable of violence in a sense, and it’s what they’re paid to do.

RCP: Yes, but in this case do you believe that Chavo Guerrero had it in him to do things that go beyond what a wrestler should do?

Maria: When you put it like that I always got the feeling that if you made him too mad he would do something crazy or reckless.

RCP: Were you scared of him?

Maria: I was scared of what he could do if pushed too hard, so I tried to limit my interactions with him because I was tired of him thinking he had control and that it was my job to go out of my way to keep him happy.

RCP: Is he the reason you are no longer general manager?

Maria: Well no, but he’s definitely one of the reasons why I don’t miss it.

RCP: Thank you Maria, I have no further questions at the time. People of the jury what we’ve learned is that Chavo Guerrero is a man who doesn’t like to play by any set of rules but his own and that leads to problems because when he doesn’t get his way he gets angry and when he gets angry he does things like what he did to my client Kid Kash at Digital Decision. Now the whole point of this trial is to essentially prove that Chavo Guerrero is a menace to society and was fully aware of his actions as that pay per view and I’d like to believe the testimony of Miss Kanellis just proved that. Thank you.

Pengwine returns to his seat.

Chavo: Oh he’s so full of it, don’t listen to a word that clown says.

Judge: Mr. Guerrero, I advise you to…

Kash: Yer the only man in this here courtroom that these good people should not take seriously.

Chavo: You better shut your mouth Kash, I won’t be in this suit forever.

Kash: Are you threatening me? Mr. Judge I think he was threatening me!

Judge: You both better quiet down right now or I will have you removed from this courtroom.

RCP: Your honor I would like Chavo Guerrero’s last comment to be included on the court transcript.

Judge: Oh it will be.

Kash: Got you now, you son of a bitch!

McAdams: I would like that comment to be added to the notes, if you don’t mind.

Judge Kyle Hogan brings his gavel down forcefully.

Judge: Order in my court! Now Mr. McAdams, would you like to cross-examine the witness or would you rather I adjourn court for the day so you can pick up this petty squabbling elsewhere?

McAdams: I do have a few questions to ask, your honor.

Judge: So go ask them.

McAdams walks over to the witness stand.

McAdams: Maria, how are you today?

Maria: I’m doing fine, I guess. Thank you.

McAdams: You’re welcome, Maria. Are you doing better today than you were on that day shown on the video three years ago?

Maria: I… I’m not sure how to answer that question to be honest with you.

McAdams: It’s okay you don’t have answer that, I was just making small talk trying to break the ice…

RCP: Objection, they aren’t on a date your honor. What does this have to do with anything?

Judge: I’m inclined to agree with the prosecutor, get to your point quickly Mr. McAdams.

McAdams:

Judge: Strike that statement from McAdams from the record. You need to stay on track and ignore Mr. Pengwine, don’t make me call off this cross-examination early.

McAdams: Maria, did you ever try doing that?

Maria: I’m sorry, try doing what?

McAdams: Making small talk, trying to get to know your employees once you were given the job as General Manager?

Maria: I don’t think I did, I was just so worried about making sure everything went smoothly that I didn’t do much of anything else.

McAdams: Interesting. Well I don’t know about my client, but if I had a new boss and she couldn’t even take time out of her schedule to introduce herself to us it would rub me the wrong way too. Did you ever think that maybe that’s why he treated you the way that he did?

Maria: I never thought about it like that but I don’t think that’s fair, I was under a lot of pressure and…

McAdams: Don’t you think these wrestlers are under a lot of pressure to perform well? And many of them take time out to co-mingle with the fans and with each other why should you be any different? It almost feels as though you thought you were too good for your employees. Am I on to something here?

Maria: No! It wasn’t like that at all I just…

McAdams: In fact based on this video, evidence serial number adjp210 from the July 9, 2009 episode of XWL, it would seem that you let the power get to your head and that it was you who went out of your way to make other’s lives miserable. Play the tape.

The cart is rolled back in and a video plays once a tape is inserted.

Quote :
Chavo is in his locker room sitting on one of the chairs sleeping. Zack Ryder runs into the room.*

Ryder: Chavo, quick turn on the T.V.!

Chavo: Why? Are they replaying one of my matches?

Ryder: Something like that.

Chavo turns on the television and C.M. Punk's face shows up on the screen.

Punk- My name is CM Punk...

Chavo: {{sarcastically}}} I know what his name is. We all know what his name is. So why are you making me watch this?

Ryder: Just Watch.

Punk-...CHAVO CHAVO THISK THISK THISK, you think u call yourself good for beating me in a count out that doesn’t mean CRAP!!!!!!!!

Chavo: Que? If you hit me with the GTS I would've been the one counted out and you would be singing a different tune right now.

Zack: He can't hear you Chavo.

Chavo: Oh, right.

Punk- ...but don’t worry I talked to the GM and she said I can get a rematch. And this time, I will make sure I will put you to sleep!

Chavo: What? A rematch? He can't do that!

Zack: But Maria can. After all, she is the GM.

Chavo: You’re not helping.

Punk- And also Chavo, you just got PUNKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chavo: I just got what?

Zack: Punked. It means.... ah never mind.

Chavo: I gotta do something about this.

Zack: Like what?

Chavo: Oh you'll see.

Chavo walks out of the locker room and down a hallway until he gets to a door marked GM He knocks once...twice...thrice until Maria finally opens the door.

Chavo: Just who the hell do you think you are putting me in a match against Punk like that?

Maria: I don't know...the GM maybe?

Chavo: I don't have time for you or your jokes. Why am I facing Punk again? Why Maria, why?

Maria: He came to me and said that he felt that he wasn't satisfied with the matches ending. And that the fans were cheated out of a great match...and quite frankly, I agreed with him.

Chavo: He wasn't satisfied? Regardless of how the match ended a loss is a loss. You don't see me begging for a rematch against Jericho.

Maria: Well, that's because your match with Jericho wasn't as controversial. You tapped. In the middle of the ring.

Chavo: pause Well I think it's just stupid to have me facing Punk again, I need to move on to bigger and better things.

Maria: Chavo, I don't appreciate you questioning my authority like this. The match is booked, so quit complaining.

Chavo: FN questions your authority all the time.

Maria: Yea, and look where that got him.

Chavo: But Maria if you put the same two people in the same match, who's to say the same result won't happen again. I mean, you can't give Punk rematches every week. That'll just bring down the ratings, my fans want to see me put on entertaining matches with good wrestlers, not with the likes of Punk.

Maria: I hate to admit it but you're kinda right. Maybe...

Chavo: You're damn right I'm right. Now hurry up and change that match so I can go back and nap. And make sure I'm facing someone decent.

Maria: Ok how bout this? Chavo vs. Jericho.

Chavo: Ok, now that sounds good.

Maria: vs. Punk

Chavo: No! Wait! What are you doing?

Maria: in a no DQ match.

Chavo: Maria what are you doing? I didn't want all of that.

Maria: Like I said Chavo, questioning my authority gets you nowhere. And I'm sure your "fans", all three of them anyway, will be satisfied with the match.

Chavo: But...

Maria: Adios Chavo. Return to your locker room and go to sleep. Maria giggles No pun intended of course.

Maria slams door in Chavo's face. Chavo turns around and walks back to his locker room.

Ryder: So how'd it go?

Chavo: Shut up.

The cart is rolled back off to the side.

McAdams: Based on that tape it looked like you had no problems purposely holding back Chavo’s progress in XWL by putting him in a match against a man he had already beaten.

Maria: It was to get back at him for everything he did to me.

McAdams: Get back at him? I’m sorry but were you not the GM? Should you not have been acting and carrying yourself in a more professional manner instead of worrying about ‘getting back at’ one of your employees.

Maria: I guess so…

McAdams: You guess so, I see, Now there was a name brought up in that video a… Mr. Fn was it? Can you tell the court what you did to him?

Maria: He and Raven made my lif…

McAdams: That wasn’t the question, what did you do to him?

Maria: I had him work as my servant.

McAdams: So you had a wrestler stop doing his job so he can go around bringing you coffee?

Maria: It wasn’t like th…

McAdams: Answer the question, Maria: Yes or No.

Maria: Y… yes.

McAdams: Thank you, I have no further questions. My fellow court members, what you’ve just witnessed is proof that Maria wasn’t some harmless butterfly, who Chavo picked on because he had nothing better to do with his time. Maria was power hungry, she played favorites as evidenced when she gave CM Punk a rematch just because he asked for it and then she proceeded to laugh and mock my client by attempting to speak in his native tongue, and insulting his fanbase. And then you have her treatment of Mr. Fn which was just cruel and sickening and you have a woman who never really cared about anyone but herself and about securing her job and my client was just standing his ground to show and he was bullied and mistreated for his efforts. I think it’s safe to say that Maria was the cause of many of my client’s bad moods, and she has no right to complain about anything he’s done in retaliation.

McAdams takes a seat.

Judge: Mr. Pengwine would you like to conduct a redirect examination?

RCP: No, your honor. The prosecution rests.

Judge: Well then court will be adjourned until next time when the psychiatrist who dealt with Chavo is placed on the witness stand to talk about his alleged bout with alcoholism. Until then I implore the members of the jury to reflect on today’s events to decide for themselves if Miss Maria Kanellis was a competent GM or if Chavo Guerrero’s treatment of her was justified. Court is dismissed.

Judge Kyle Hogan brings his gavel down signaling the end of another court day.
Back to top Go down

The Trial of Chavo Guerrero: Day 2- Maria Kanellis testifies.
Page 1 of 1