Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

[[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]

Go down 
+7
Kingbrew1990
TheFilthParade
Pringle96
Stunner
Plus
T-Roll
P.R Son
11 posters
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Empty
PostSubject: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 5:00 pm

LIVE FROM: The Canadian Tire Centre, OTTAWA, ONTARIO, CANADA
ARENA FOR MATCHES:  LA HALL

DEADLINE: 4:30 P.M. EST / 9:30 P.M. GMT

[ #MAINEVENTBANKS IS BACK ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Pwd4QIr

"While last week saw the return of Natalya, this week the newly re-crowned Women's Champion Sasha Banks will make her return to Octane following a grueling Main-Event victory over Liv Morgan at Final Stand where she recaptured The Women's Championship. A night where their long standing rivalry came to an end, but when one chapter closes...another begins. So as we turn the page on the latest Women's Championship Match...what does the future hold for the next? Hear it from The Boss herself live in that ring tonight!"

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] MpvkcXr 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] V8uRYEd

Notes From The General Manager's Office:

"Tomasso Ciampa showed up at Final Stand looking for trouble with Kevin Owens, and last week? He brought the trouble to Owens after his victory over Seth Rollins. With a post match assault that to me...says he's looking for a fight, and while one with Kevin might be on the horizon...I thought why not let him get some of this out of his system by facing another Superstar that's looking for a fight as he seeks a rematch with Roman Reigns, Goldberg. Perhaps fighting each other will satisfy their fists and hopefully their appetites for a fight."

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] X5iqBg8 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Rwh89cN

"Sometimes you need to throw something into The Lion's Den to force it to think on it's feet, to pull from within and recapture what they once were. I feel like a broken record at this point but Maryse was once a very formidable threat in The Women's Division. She looked like the typical primma-donna but the fight within her was very fierce. Seeing her completely buckle under the pressure against Shayna Baszler last week was difficult to watch. I know she's still capable of more, and I guess it's going to take more drastic measures to get there. So tonight I'm booking her against one of the scariest Women in XWL history. Asuka is fast, and her strikes can leave you senseless in seconds. And her return to the ring was ruined last week, thanks to a steel chair to the back something that no doubt had to rile her up even more than she already is by nature alone. One of two things will happen, either Maryse finally steps up and recaptures her former magic? Or Asuka...as the audience appropriately chants...might very well "kill" her."

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Zd2yCc2 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] O1oq0Jt

Since his return last month, the man known as The One and Only Ricochet has yet to suffer a defeat, even obtaining a victory at the Grandest Stage of Them All, a victory that is elusive to many a Superstar. One of those Superstars in recent memory is Seth Rollins, who may have had success in the past but here in this new era of XWL, we don't live off our past glories, we live in the now. And ever since his war with Jon Moxley, he just hasn't been the same. So tonight, I'm giving both these men an opportunity. Ricochet is given the opportunity to face a former World Heavyweight Champion while Seth is given the opportunity to get back into the groove and pick up where he left off before he ran into the wall known as Jon Moxley.

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] JUg137s 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Fu8jf95

"I'll hand it to her, Britt Baker is crafty, she weaseled her way out of facing a former North American Champion last week...but this week? I doubt anyone's willing to "take her spot" like she convinced Maryse to, especially considering not only was Maryse practically slaughtered...she also was attacked by Baker after the fact. So there's no running from this former North American Champion tonight. Toni Storm's return to the ring was spoiled thanks to interference from Tenille Dashwood so hopefully that storm has blown over and her match tonight proceeds without something trying to make it "all about them."

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] UOkrtO8 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] H4S4rcN

"In this business egos are sometimes both a hindrance and an advantage, for both of these Women tonight they have experienced the highs and lows that their very large egos have led them to...but with them putting the pieces together lately and finding the balance between arrogance and confidence...I think having them square off tonight is a good step forward for both of them. And maybe it'll allow Tenille to focus on her opponent tonight rather than interfering in another match this week."

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] W6wW6b9 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] JHOmZWU

Last week, we saw “Machine Gun” Karl Anderson pick up a huge victory over a game Shinsuke Nakamura in his return match, and how did he celebrate his new found success? By bringing in his fellow “Good Brother” and beating the living hell out of the Japanese Superstar. This time around, we're testing the other half of that tandem, the big man himself, Luke Gallows. In the past, The Miz has had a myriad of success, most notably being in possession of the World Heavyweight Championship, but recently, much like Seth as I mentioned previously, The Miz hasn't been the same since the abrupt dissolution of his alliance with John Morrison. So as with Seth Rollins, The Miz is also getting that same opportunity: Will he be able to topple the larger Luke Gallows, or will he fall prey to a much hungrier predator?

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] XR3yIbW 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] H8uP1K3

"Every career starts somewhere and for Dakota Kai, and Tegan Nox? Theirs began on the grandest stage of them all...a lot of pressure that they lived up to, so much so that their introductions alone were one of your favorite moments that night. So who better to be your debut match than your best friend? Someone that like you wants to live their dream of being an XWL Superstar? Someone that will force you to be at your best because they know you sometimes better than you even know yourself. So the pressure is once again on tonight, the question is which member of "Team Kick" will kick their careers off with a victory as they step inside the ring on Octane for the first time?"

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] G2Cy9sJ 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] DuyCpkO

This time last year Alexa Bliss was campaigning for a North American Championship Match with then Champion Shayna Baszler. To say that a lot has changed since then would be an understatement. Shayna left after a controversial vacancy of her title, while Alexa would begin a very harrowing journey to soon become Champion and a formidable one at that. But at Final Stand, she had her final stand as Champion...and with her best friend taking the reins from her, she now steps in the ring with the woman that next week at High Octane will face the other finalist in The North American Championship #1 Contenders Tournament where that winner will meet The Pirate Princess for her treasure at Dead Man's Hand. Can Alexa rebound after a tough loss to Sarah Logan last week, or will The Queen Of Spades "bury" another former Champion as she prepares for her big opportunity next week.

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] ZxOnWN4 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] MzoTJLp

Seven nights ago, following a well deserved victory, Tommaso Ciampa made his presence felt when he assaulted the victorious Kevin Owens. While his intentions were clear, his reasoning wasn't, causing the question to be in everybody's mind: Why, Ciampa? The other half of this match is in a similar vein. Randy Orton's been stalking various male and female Superstars over the past number of weeks, his actions causing the XWL locker room to keep their head on a swivel. Last week, I opted to keep Orton's opponent a surprise for his own safety, this week? I opted for the opposite treatment due to the sheer anger emanating from Kevin, the type of anger that would make you a fool to attack him after the mood he's been in the past week. However, if anybody could manipulate this into an advantage, it would be Randy Orton, who let's not forget, forcibly removed Jon Moxley from The Enterprise for the time being when he punted him in the skull at Final Stand. With this match made official, the question now becomes: Who does Kevin Owens focus his attention on? Does he focus on the task at hand and leave himself open to Ciampa's lack of mercy, or does he focus on getting revenge on Ciampa for his assault the week prior and fall victim to an RKO outta nowhere? Or perhaps, Orton is the one that needs to watch his back?

[[ Normal Match ]]

[[ Non-Title ]]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 06xZrGY 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 2TxSmxn

"What do you get when you throw the two most hated Men in Canada against one another? One hell of a conflicted crowd, even more conflicted than they've been lately as they've rallied the return of The "YES" movement. But you also get a former World Heavyweight Champion facing The NEW World Champion that ironically enough won his title via a shocking moment much like Zayn when he cashed in Money In The Bank. On top of that? You throw Sami Zayn a man that's had troubles with The Enterprise, in there with a member of The Enterprise...arguably their head honcho now that he's the only one among them with gold around his waist. A man that helped lead an ambush on Zayn in the parking lot last month and I know Sami's been waiting for his moment to get revenge for that...so with all of these factors in mind...booking this match tonight was an absolute no brainer. Especially considering both Sami Zayn and Daniel Bryan Bryan have requested a rematch at High Octane next week...so can you think of a more appropriate match to lead into that?"

[[ Normal Match ]]

[[ N.A #1 Contenders Tournament Match ]]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] LzHomBS 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Xe5w9vJ

Last week, we witnessed the rebirth of Sarah Logan when she did something her former handler never could when she pinned the former North American Champion in Alexa Bliss in the center of the ring. Now this week, she has an opportunity to advance to the finals of the tournament to crown a Number One Contender for Kairi Sane's newly won North American Championship, but to do that, she must first defeat the former Genius of the Sky in Io Shirai. Like I did last week with Britt Baker, I have given Io Shirai another opportunity to right a wrong from Final Stand, because while she didn't emerge with the North American Championship, she continues to impress with her sensational offense and calculated style. So tonight, the second half of this miniature tournament will have its conclusion and the winner of this match has to go face to face with a former North American Champion in Shayna Baszler, an unenviable position to say the least.

[[[ Main Event ]]]

[[[ Intercontinental Championship Contract Signing ]]]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] LWG30aX 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 2JgjfTz

"Next week The Intercontinental Championship will be decided in a match that stole the show at Final Stand, and it's well on it's way to doing so again. Hangman Adam Page, and The Bastard PAC have been at odds for months, and through that time they have captured your attention, hell they've captured mine too. I am one hundred percent confident with my decision to bring The Intercontinental Title into the mix with these two, and as if a rematch from the "Match Of The Night" at Final Stand wasn't appealing enough for you...I'm throwing the "power" to you THE PEOPLE and letting you vote on what type of match this will be. I've already thrown Ladder Match into the fray, but tonight before they sign on the dotted line and make things official? They'll each choose the other two options for you to pick from.

As for what else might go down when they're across from one on another with the infamous "table" between them? Well, hopefully nothing...but knowing how combustible these two elements are when they're in proximity of each other? I'm not confident they'll keep their hands to themselves..."

Back to top Go down
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
T-Roll

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 8:05 pm

The show doesn't open like normal. This time, it opens with a voice. Two, in fact, speaking across the airwaves directly to the fans at home and those in attendance. The voices may seem familiar but since they are coming across together, saying the same line, it's hard to tell who is behind them. However, the video package kicks off the night, in an unusual way with a line most wrestlers have said in their career. Coming straight from the heart, connecting with everyone in the back and with those who understand the passion that goes into this business. The heart. But alas, I, the narrator shall step back, allowing you to read what you truly came here for.

"This is something, I've waited my whole life for."

[Corey Graves]
Ladies and Gentlemen, I can't believe my eyes! Chad Gable has won the Intercontinental Title!

An image flashes across the screen in slow motion of the previously mentioned moment, Gable holding the title high, emotion erupting through him and the crowd behind him. A moment passes then the image changes to Chad Gable in the ring, but this time stood in front of Chris Sabin as the two extend hands, shaking in slow motion. The birth, of one of the greatest tag teams to ever exist in XWL, if not the world. A few quick images pop up showcasing them, just being them. The introduction of Clucksworth, breakfast with cardboard Shelley, along with some other goofy moments. Then the image changes, showcasing the final moments of their record breaking title victory. The two embrace, the image going dark for a moment.

"A team named Trash City Stupid Idiots won the titles. It shouldn't have worked, but it did. That's the most surreal part of it."

Before long it comes back to show them holding the titles and defending them, again and again. Every defense is highlighted. It even shows the Christmas Special that had the team host the show. It highlights them falling through doors, fighting their evil clones and coming back to help save Christmas atop Santa's sleigh. It shows the two laughing at each other somewhere behind the scenes, showing something the people have never seen before.

"When you talk about TCSI, you talk about two friends, just loving this business."

It then shows Chad Gable on the top rope, hitting his infamous moonsault followed by Sabin hitting his corner big boot. Then the Gable O'Conner Roll German, bridging right into a pin. Right after is Sabin's patented Cradle Shock right into a pin. All of these moves won these two matches in singles or tag team affairs.  It was these moves that earned their tag team gold and allowed them to keep it for so long. Along with these moves you see some highlights of their tag team moves, ranging from a little bit of everything.

"On one hand you had Chris Sabin, who was the experience, and then you had Chad Gable, who was the young kid full of fire with a hell of a heart. It was the most unlikely pair, and it just freaking worked man."

The image shows them, going to be trained by Eric Young. The antics that took place at the running of the bulls. The chasing of the chicken in the early stages of their title reign. The slammy awards. The parachuting from a plane. The highjinks, the laughs. The tears of when they were winning their titles. Chad Gable's goofy proposal to Mandy Rose and Sabin's confusion at him doing so. It shows them both locking in the ankle lock at the same time, then the two hugging.

"It isn't like these were just two wrestlers though. Yeah, they had talent, but you loved them for so much more. They made you laugh, they made you cry, then they'd make you laugh again. They are some of the best entertainers, to ever grace sports entertainment."

The image slowly fades out on them, holding the titles high before coming back on an all too familiar image. This being Edge, mic in hand, delivering some of the most shocking news anyone could have expected.

[[Edge]]
So I am left with no choice in the matter, with no Tag-Teams...there is no Tag-Team Division. I'm sorry Chris, I'm sorry Chad...but for now The Tag Division is hereby indefinitely suspended until something changes. Until teams come around and have the same desire and dedication that you did. So gentlemen, I know this isn't how you wanted it to end, believe me...none of these people, or myself wanted this to be how it ended...but I'm afraid I need you to come out here and return The Tag-Team Titles. And unfortunately, they won't be coming back to you anytime soon.

"And just like that, it was gone. All of it. The hard work. The grinding in the gym, in the ring. The breaking down of barriers. It was these two men who honestly, probably caused the creation of the tag division, then proceeded to beat each and every team that stepped up to bat. They were the standard bearers, not just for tag teams, but for what Champions should be. A four hundred and fifty five day reign, and a whole division, gone. Just like that."  

A few moments pass on a blacked out screen, then very slowly, appearing from the darkness, the lettering appears.

"Next Week, TCSI Returns"
Back to top Go down
Plus
Mid Card
Plus

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 10:37 am

The Kevin Owens Show has returned and with it’s return the host of the show will be stepping into the ring once again and this week he will be competing against one of the best damn wrestlers in the entire world, a wrestler who was having as many issues as he was, a wrestler who wanted to make a name for himself in XWL - just like he wanted to as well. Tonight he has to step into the XWL ring once again and take on a man he knows only too well. Randy Orton. A viper and an apex predator and someone that Kevin Owens cannot take lightly. Not if he wants to make it to the next show.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 19b0477e72e64fabad0d7b58327de2fb16da3779

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 1MiNbD6
“It is only fitting that the best damn wrestler in the world fights the best wrestler in the world - from over tens years ago. Randy was once that guy everyone wanted to be. He was once the man afterall. He had the world in his hands. He was the young star. The best there ever was. He had it all. He won it all. Fuck - he done it all, but look at him now. Look at what Randy has become. Look back ten years ago and look at him now - nothing and I mean nothing has changed about the man. He is exactly the same as he has ever been, unlike me. You see a guy like Kevin Owens - he does not just stick with what works for him, because trust me - sooner or later it ain't going to work. You gotta get with the times or be left behind, you gotta adapt and overcome - you gotta get better. A show can go on for only so long before it becomes stale. You got to change things up, switch things into a higher gear, otherwise your ratings are going to tank, your going to lose fans and your going to become stale. I have changed things up, I have switched things into a higher gear more than ever and look at me, I am like a whole new person, more determined, more motivated and more hungry for success than ever before. I mean do you think for one moment that I am scared of a guy - who is known for only one move and only one fucking move?”

Kevin Owens would stand there and roll his shoulders a little bit. There was a time, a long time ago that going up against the viper would have sent a chill down his spine. He would have looked at this man and seen a killer, a man that wanted to hurt him and take everything that was his own, but that was over a decade ago. Randy is not the same man that he once was and it was clear by the little smirk on the face of Kevin Owens that he knew this better than anyone else. He had nothing to fear from a man who only had one thing going for him - a move that had been made into a meme - a move that was as outdated as the man using it.
“You see when everything is said and done, Randy, when it comes down to it, when you you put everything away, all the glitz and glimmer, all the flashy fireworks and routine, that’s all we have to get us further in this sport Randy, our credibility. And Randy, you’ve hurt your credibility as a main event guy on so many different occasions. I… I keep bringing up the fact that you phone in your matches... that you don’t care about them. That you go out to the ring and just don’t give a shit about what you are doing. That you go through the same exact format at every single time. Let me tell you this - if you have seen one of your matches - then you have seen them all. They are all the same, each and every single one of them. Your an open book buddy and we are all about sick and tired of reading about you. Randy, I am in the back during a lot of those matches you have had here, and Randy I hear the management, I hear them say that they were disgusted and they regretted signing you -- you have put a stain on your career, and tonight, in our match I am going to give you an ultimatum. Either you can lie down and let me get what is rightfully mine anyway, or actually show up tonight. Wrestle the match like I know you can, and let me beat you like I should. But we all know that is not going to happen.”

Kevin Owens would raise his hand to his mouth as he would rub his jaw. Randy was a funny one. He could be a threat, he could be the one to end it all - if he put the effort in, but Randy has just - lost his edge. He just does not seem to care and for ten years he has just been there. Never really doing anything to really stand out to anyone. Kevin Owens would grin a little bit - to him this was just another main event match. Another contest for him to walk out to and do what he does best - and that was put on the best fucking match there ever was and come out with his hand raised in the air as the winner of the contest.
“You know that handful of matches, the ones I can count on my lone hand that were worth a damn? The last one of those matches Randy was with me a handful of years ago, back in that other place. That Randy had a little bit of fight in him - a little I might add, only a little. Five years ago - the fight, the passion and everything that you once were was leaving you, back then I was fighting a man that had nearly lost all interest and tonight I am fighting a man that has no interest other than taking money home. Five years ago, you might not have been your best, but you pushed me to my limits and I enjoyed that match. That’s the Randy that I want to beat. That’s the man I want to see look up at me while the referee raises my hand in victory. But Randy as much as I want that to happen, and as much as your fans want that to happen… it’s not. Randy, I know you. You’re going to phone it in again, and because of that you are going to lose the credibility that XWL thought you had. Get a good taste of of facing someone like me tonight Randy because after I BEAT YOU… YOU’LL NEVER BE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THE KEVIN OWENS SHOW AGAIN!”

The fans roar in a fury of boos at Kevin Owens. But again, the seasoned veteran shrugs them off. Does he care that they like Randy over him? Not at all. He did not care one bit about any of them or what they thought. Randy was just another idiot who was standing in his way and like all the idiots who had come before him. He will be defeated.
“Randy, you may have the fans fooled, and the kids in the back fooled, but not me. You know, I think you’ve even gotten yourself caught up in the hype Randy. You honestly think that you are going to come out here tonight and pull a fast one on Kevin Owens… but Randy, I see reality. I know exactly what’s going to happen. Randy, you are going to lose. You are going to fail. You are going to come out here absent minded and just calling it, and it's going to cause you to slip up. And when you do Randy, it will be the end of this… this pipe dream that you had any chance of ever becoming anything of any sort of worth here. I hope you’ve decided what you’re going to do, and I hope you are ready, because despite what Randy actually shows up tonight, the end of this match will be the same… my music will play… my hand will be raised… and the Kevin Owens Show will continue!”

Kevin Owens would grin for a moment as he would slowly lower the microphone, the message was clear, he was ready for Randy Orton and he was sure that he was going to be the one walking out as the winner.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 2:12 pm

As we return from a brief advertisement for next week's “High Octane” event, we're taken into the backstage area, a virtually deserted wasteland of equipment crates and empty halls spanning as far as the eye could see but within the void of nothingness, we hear faint grunts of exertion within the vicinity, causing the panning camera showcasing the surrounding area to halt and lower its angle, revealing the former North American Champion seated on the ground and warming up for her match shortly against the ever dangerous Shayna Baszler, who has been on a warpath leaving dissected former Champions in her wake in her quest to regain the North American Championship. In case you haven't noticed, Alexa is aptly qualified for Shayna's apparent hit list, maybe a bit overqualified in the eyes of many people but qualified nonetheless. Following two crushing defeats in consecutive weeks, first when she fell to her best friend in Lethal Lottery at Final Stand and lost the North American Championship as a result, to last week, where she was bested by a familiar foe in a reborn Sarah Logan, now liberated from She Who Shall Not Be Named's influence.

And tonight, she faces the former North American Champion who is out for blood and has brought untold pain to her “opponents” in recent weeks. Tonight, Alexa looks to prevent herself from being another statistic but in order to do that, she needs to properly prepare herself for the battle ahead. If she could have three consecutive matches in a row and much less win them, surely Shayna isn't posing too much of a threat for her? Then again, she DID fail to defeat Sarah Logan last week, so I suppose the jury is still out on that one.

The intensity on Alexa's face is clearly visible, a mixture of determination and almost annoyance, perhaps due to her losing back to back weeks, a feeling she hasn't had to endure in a very long time. She continues going through the motions, every second not preparing herself for the battle ahead is a second wasted. Alexa continues to focus on her warm up so much so that she doesn't notice someone walk into frame a couple of feet from her, the unknown person's voice breaking through the grunts, causing Bliss to look up at the culprit responsible for interrupting her session.

???
Be careful to not pull a muscle, you got a big match coming up.

Bliss' first reaction is not necessarily, one that's inviting? But after a second she quickly puts a smile on her face as she sees none other than her best friend and The North American Champion, Kairi Sane! Alexa pulls herself up from the floor readjusting her knee pads and before she can say anything Kairi latches onto her with a big hug that at first Alexa returns the love on...but after a few seconds we notice her arms loosen as if she's done with the hug sooner than her pal.

[[[Alexa Bliss]]]
Hey you, sorry I ran off after we arrived to the arena tonight, kind of needed some alone time...you know? Last week, and really the week before...didn't exactly go according to plan so I wanted to really make sure I bounce back from that tonight. Get my stretching in, focus on the task at hand and not get distracted by anything...but I'm glad you're here maybe you can lend me some advice considering you're the new winner among us....

She playfully jabs Kairi in the shoulder, laughing for a moment before going quiet.

[[[Kairi Sane]]]
You don't need my advice, you're Alexa Bliss! You're a record breaking three time North American Champion, you stood against the tyranny of our former boss and his golden mistress when no one else had the guts to, I sacrificed my job for you and you got it back. And on top of all that? You're my best friend! You are a beacon of hope and while you didn't win at Final Stand, you're still Alexa Bliss, and tonight, you'll prove it when you're the one to stop Shayna in her tracks. If anything, I should be asking YOU for advice!

[[[Alexa Bliss]]]
I mean you're the only one of us with gold around their waist right now...so your strategies seem to be more fruitful than mine at the moment.

Baffled by Alexa's reply, Kairi is almost taken back by the tone of her best friend's comment for a few fleeing moments before she regains her composure.

[[[Kairi Sane]]]
We both know that if Edge didn't try to once again drive a wedge between us, we would BOTH still have a Championship to call our own right now. This Championship may “technically” be mine in Edge's eyes, but it still has both of our plates on it so as far as anybody's concerned, this Championship STILL belongs to both of us. And despite his best efforts, he failed because our bond is the strongest it has ever been.

[[[Alexa Bliss]]]
I guess you're right...maybe that's why I wasn't granted a rematch...I mean, not that I'd want to take that from you but still it's a little triggering given my past of being excluded from things...I just hope I can turn things around tonight. I felt like Final Stand I was really proving myself...and, well it turns out I was wrong.

[[[Kairi Sane]]]
You've been proving yourself for over a year now, from Last Team Standing matches to Hell in a Cell, you've shown the world that you aren't that defenseless girl that She Who Shall Not Be Named tried to make an example out of, instead, you made an example out of her to the point where she's never beaten you in that ring without resorting to her cheap tricks. Then when the Golden Mistress was handed something you FOUGHT hard to call your own, did you just take it lying down like she did? No, you stood your ground and when the dust settled, you were North American Champion. I won't allow Edge's bias against us deny you what you EARNED. So what we're going to do is forget this match with Shayna Baszler and march into Edge's office, just you and me like it's always been, and we're going to demand that you get your rightful rematch!

Alexa shakes her head as her gloved hand finds refuge on Kairi's shoulder, confusing Kairi as she had started to get a burst of energy to fight for her pal's rematch...but Bliss doesn't seem as enthusiastic about that idea.

[[[Alexa Bliss]]]
No, I'd never want to take that from you...and I'm sure if you knew before Final Stand what awaited us after all three challengers were eliminated? You would have done anything to avoid what happened after. It's not your fault that I'm in a bit of a rough patch right now...you only did what you had to do...sure, it sucked fighting all three of them back to back...only for, it to have ultimately been for nothing...but that treasure now belongs to you and I know like I did...you'll protect it dearly from all who come for it...and I'll be right here cheering you on just like I was in last week's Main-Event. You've been my biggest supporter for so long...and, it's my turn now.

With that said, a wide smile forms on Kairi's face before her arms break apart and find their way around Alexa's body, embracing the equally sized challenged Former Champion, the latter's arms finding their way around the former's in a mirrored embrace as a smile also appears on her face, although, whether it's sincere or not is currently unknown but it's a lovely moment nonetheless. As the embrace lasts moments longer than the initial one, a woman nearby clears her throat before her voice takes them out of their own little world and back into reality.

[[[???]]]
Excuse me, ladies, a moment of your time?

The camera zooms out a tad to reveal that it's interviewer extraordinaire Charly Caruso is standing by with a microphone in her hand and her signature smile etched on her face as both current and former North American Champions shift their attention onto their apparent intruder. Alexa immediately rolls her eyes upon seeing the interviewer and mouths to Kairi, “I gotta go have my match” to which The Pirate Princess simply replies with “Good luck!” as Charly... sarcastically? waves at the departing Alexa Bliss before she turns her attention towards the Champion.

[[[Charly Caruso]]]
First off, congratulations are in order! Not only for your victory last week in the Main Event but also for your impressive showing at Final Stand in the Lethal Lottery gauntlet match, a match that ended when you pinned your best friend, who had gone through hell and back in the form of three consecutive matches, before crushing her dreams of a Final Stand moment when you drove her into the canvas for the all too important three count, making you the sole holder of the North American Championship. Walk us through the mindset you had when you learned that you had to face your best friend and either crush her dreams of being North American Champion or have her crush yours?

[[[Kairi Sane]]]
That's... one way to word that? After the announcement was made, we spent every single free moment we had trying to figure out what would await us at Final Stand. Which one of us would start, every possible order of opponents we would face, how we would beat them while conserving as much strength and energy as possible, what we would do after we bested Edge at his own game once again. We prepared for every outcome... almost every outcome and in the end, whether it was me running the gauntlet or whether it was her like we saw at Final Stand, we knew Edge would have something planned to cause us to turn on the other but we didn't know what. He's clever, he's always been clever but that, that was something a super villain would do. I never thought that I would have to face Alexa, especially after she had gone through three matches. I didn't wanna face her when she wasn't at her best, but I knew that she wouldn't want me to hold back and just hand her a victory because it would undermine everything she had done up to that point and as her best friend, the last thing I ever want to do is hurt her in that way so I did what she would have wanted me to do and gave her my best. While Edge did get what he wanted in the end by having a single North American Champion, he failed in driving a wedge between us because now? Our bond is the strongest it has ever been.

[[[Charly Caruso]]]
Last week, we learned the first of two possible opponents you'll face at Dead Man's Hand when Shayna Baszler made an example of an ill prepared Maryse, the same woman that faces your best friend here tonight as she looks to head into High Octane with another notch on her belt. The second match of note is the second half of that equation as your former best friend in Io Shirai faces off against a former foe of yours and the woman that beat your best friend last week in Sarah Logan. The winner of that match will have to deal with Shayna Baszler if they want a shot at your North American Championship. You have a myriad of history with all three of your possible challengers, dating back to your battles with Sarah Logan and Ruby Riott, and even further back when you and Shayna were both involved in the inaugural North American Championship match and even further than that as your friendship with Io Shirai predates your time here in XWL. If you had a choice to face one of those three women, who would you prefer to have challenge you for your treasure?

[[[Kairi Sane]]]
If it were up to me, I would say neither of them get a shot until Alexa gets her rightful rematch but seeing as that isn't an option, I don't think it really matters who wins this tournament. Sarah Logan and I have faced one another many times before and more often than not, I was the one that emerged victorious. Granted, I haven't faced this “new” Sarah Logan but if history is anything to go by, the “old” Sarah is still in there somewhere and while she isn't under the influence of She Who Shall Not Be Named, some things never change.

[[[Kairi Sane]]]
Next is Io Shirai, the woman I have the most history with both in and out of XWL, the woman I thought was my best friend, the woman I introduced to the XWL Universe because I felt she deserved to showcase her talents on a stage of that size, for an audience that large. She impressed “the office” so much that she was added as a replacement for the Elimination Chamber match where I had to defend the Women's Championship. While neither of us walked away with the Championship on that night, I knew that she would take all the experience she had accumulated in her all too brief time here and use it to further herself and to push herself beyond her limits. Then “The Genius of the Sky” became “The Dark Collector” and decided to try to use myself and Alexa to further her own agenda. She tried to make an example out of Alexa and she paid for that mistake. The last time Io and I were in the same place, let's just say “The Dark Collector” wasn't the one doing the “collecting.”

[[[Kairi Sane]]]
Then there's Shayna Baszler, a woman I haven't crossed paths with since that inaugural North American Championship match as you mentioned, a Championship that would elude us on that night but not for long. She's held this Championship before and she wants it back, I understand that. She lost this Championship not in a match but due to being forced to vacate it, I understand that. But I need you to understand, Shayna, that if you try anything tonight against Alexa, you won't make it to High Octane, just ask Io Shirai. It's been over a year since you and I have faced one another, I know you've learned a lot of new techniques and submissions during your time away but you aren't the only one that's gotten better, that's gotten stronger, that's gotten faster. Last time we were in the same ring, I had nothing to lose and everything to gain, now I'm in the position to lose something very important to me and I'll do everything within my power to make sure I don't, just like you'll do everything within yours to regain this and for your sake, I hope it's enough.

The intensity that consumed Kairi for the moment begins to dissipate over the next few seconds, causing Charly to begin moving the microphone back towards her own lips but is quickly stopped in her tracks when Kairi's hand wraps around the microphone to keep it in place.

[[[Kairi Sane]]]
I'd love to stay and answer more questions but I got to go support my best friend in her match tonight.

Just as Kairi goes to turn around and make her way down the corridor Alexa took, Charly's hand on Kairi shoulder instinctively causes her to stop and shift her attention towards the interviewer.

[[[Charly Caruso]]]
Look, she's already made her entrance. Do you really want to go out there and take the spotlight from her?

As Charly says this, she points at the nearby monitor, which accurately shows Alexa already in the ring, standing across from Shayna Baszler as they await the bell to be rung for their match.

[[[Charly Caruso]]]
The last thing you want to do is deny her the opportunity to face an opponent alone and deny her the opportunity to stand on her own feet. If you're out there, it'll just seem like you're holding her hand and I know you won't like to hear this but she needs to do this alone, it's the only way she'll get out of this slump she's in.

Kairi opts to not entertain this conversation any longer and justify her comments by responding, instead wrapping her arms around her chest and shifting her focus towards the monitor ahead. While she doesn't entirely trust Charly's intentions, she understands the sentiment.

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] G2Cy9sJ 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] DuyCpkO

This time last year Alexa Bliss was campaigning for a North American Championship Match with then Champion Shayna Baszler. To say that a lot has changed since then would be an understatement. Shayna left after a controversial vacancy of her title, while Alexa would begin a very harrowing journey to soon become Champion and a formidable one at that. But at Final Stand, she had her final stand as Champion...and with her best friend taking the reins from her, she now steps in the ring with the woman that next week at High Octane will face the other finalist in The North American Championship #1 Contenders Tournament where that winner will meet The Pirate Princess for her treasure at Dead Man's Hand. Can Alexa rebound after a tough loss to Sarah Logan last week, or will The Queen Of Spades "bury" another former Champion as she prepares for her big opportunity next week.

Back to top Go down
Stunner
Mid Card
Stunner

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 11:17 am

Octane returns from a commercial break and we're immediately directed to the titantron where a live feed begins to play. We first see the bottom of a desk, but slowly, the camera rises up to showcase who's sitting at the desk, it's none other than XWL Owner/Octane GM, Edge. The fans let out a nice pop for Edge but he's unbeknownst to it, in his mind it must just be another beloved XWL superstar making their entrance to the ring,  it appears as though he's just doing some paperwork at his desk, nothing out of the ordinary so to speak for a man who holds the positions he does. So the next logical question would be, why the live feed?

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The camera mic picks up the door to Edge's office being knocked on

(Edge)
Come in...

The camera mic picks up the door being opened and subsequently closing moments later, the mystery person approaches Edge's desk, but the audio in which the camera picks up? it's no normal set of footsteps, as a matter of fact? it's not footsteps at all, it's some sort of rolling sound, almost like? wheels...

Edge takes his focus off of his paperwork and looks up to greet the mystery guest, he's momentarily taken aback by what he sees.

(Edge)

Hello there Paul...

The camera pans out to a wider shot of the room revealing a battered, bruised, and bandaged Paul Heyman sat in a wheelchair in front of Edge's desk. Edge lets a few moments pass for Heyman to respond, he doesn't, he simply sets there with the scawl of the century on his face.

(Edge)
I'm sorry for what happened out there last week Paul, I understand you and your client must be upset, but that's what happens when you poke the wolf, sometimes? it gathers it's pack and they bite back. Nonetheless, that personal beef is none of my concern. So please, tell me what I can do to help you here tonight, and preferably? do it fast, I've got a show to run...

(Paul Heyman)
As you can see Edge, there's not alot you can do to help me at this moment in time, that responsibility belongs to my physicians, and all things considered, they've done a great job so far. The reason I'm here tonight, is not for you to help me, it's quite the opposite actually, it's for you to help YOURSELF and the company in which you now own.

(Edge)
Go on...

(Paul Heyman)
What happened to me and my client last week? the blood that we left in and around that ring as a result of that gang ambush from The OC? that blood is on this company's hands Edge, which seeing as you're the owner of this company nowadays? that means our blood is on your hands. This company is responsible and liable for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that happens when we run a show on any given night.

(Paul Heyman)
Whether it's a house show, a normal Octane, a High Octane, or a Pay Per View, the event itself holds no baring here, from the moment an XWL show starts, to the moment it concludes, be it in a gym or a stadium, this company is accountable for all of it. Now there are exceptions of course, dangerous match types, your Hell In A Cell's, your Street Fights, you get the point, superstars sign special contracts to compete in those matchups, most of those times those contracts include what is called a Hold Harmless Agreement, something I know you're familiar with due to your career being MADE out of these match types.

(Edge)
I am indeed very familiar with Hold Harmless Agreements, continue...

(Paul Heyman)
I figured you would be, so you'd know that anytime the Hold Harmless Agreement is in play? that the company is indeed not responsible or liable for any potential damages or lawsuits stemming from said matchup.

(Edge)

I do know that yes, let's hurry up and get to the point Paul, I'm a busy pencil pusher these days.

(Paul Heyman)
The POINT of what I'm explaining to you Edge is this, THERE WAS NO HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT IN PLAY LAST WEEK! Nor was last week some sort of HARDCORE match type between Brock Lesnar and The OC in which I unfortunately wound up caught in the crossfire and paid the price for. Hell, what happened last week wasn't a MATCH at all, it was an unprovoked AMBUSH at the hands of AJ Styles and his BITCH BOY club!!!

(Paul Heyman)

I went out there to explain my client's side of the story for what went down at Final Stand, those jackasses came down to the ring and THREATENED me, little ol Paul Heyman, the fat loud mouthed jew from Westchester, some BIG men those guys are for threatening a NON COMBATANT. They wouldn't dare threaten to put Brock Lesnar into a wheelchair, because they know they could never dream of backing a claim like that up, but they damn sure backed up that wheelchair threat as it pertained to putting me in one.

(Paul Heyman)

So now? I'm here to back up the THREAT I made to them before those savages commenced with their atrocities against Me and my client. I'm here to inform you that the legal team representing both Brock Lesnar and Myself are currently in the midst of drawing up the necessary paperwork to file lawsuits against AJ Styles, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, AND, this is the very big AND....

(Paul Heyman)

X......W......L......

(Paul Heyman)
And that's where the help yourself part comes into play, you can do exactly that by not holding us up and dragging your feet, do yourself a favor and submit all pertinent legal documents over to my legal team, I'll leave their card on your desk before I leave. If they need a document that you don't end up submitting? fax it over in a timely fashion, it'll be best not to screw with us and keep us waiting once this gets underway, because the longer we wait? the more we're going to take The OC and THIS COMPANY FOR!!! And look, I'm not out to bankkrupt this company, if you play along and do your part, I'll take what I feel we're owed and be done there, but The OC? I'm going to take them for everything they're worth? AND MORE, and I won't stop until they're out of this company, collecting unemployment, and living together like the three tough hombres they claim to be in some SHITTY, RUSTY, DINGY OLD VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

Paul catches his breath and attempts to get his breathing under control as mentioning The OC right there really got him worked up, Edge meanwhile strikes a more serious tone in his response as he knows the severity of the potential situation on the horizon

(Edge)
Slow it down right there Paul, look, I'm no legal expert, I'd have to consult our legal team to ensure all of what you're saying in regards to our responsibility and liabilities for what happened last week is indeed factual, and whether you actually have a leg to stand on in regards to any sort of case against us. But to be honest? I don't wanna do any of that. This company just rose from the ashes like a freakin Phoenix after what Vince McMahon tried to do it, we're just now FINALLY crawling out of that dark abyss which contained a myriad of obstacles and hurdles for this company, and I'll be damned if I'm about to let something else transpire that could bog XWL down, and potentially even threaten the future of this company.

Edge takes a few seconds to compose himself and gather his thoughts before continuing

(Edge)
I picked up the phone and called you to get Brock Lesnar back into this company because he's a megastar, a huge draw, the whole nine yards. Brock is a truly polarizing figure, ya either love the guy, or ya hate him, Me? I'm a fan of what he can bring to the table when he steps into the ring, and I'm thrilled that it's OUR ring he'll be stepping into for the foreseeable future, but that's my POINT in all of this, I wanna see Brock Lesnar stepping into our RING week after week and not a damn COURTROOM.

(Edge)
On top of that, The OC, like em or not, and I know what side of the fence You and Brock are on that one, they're a big draw for this company as well. However, I will say this, last week? they stepped over the line with what they did, they went too far. Harming a non combatant such as yourself in the manner they did? unacceptable. So c'mon Paul, let's be reasonable here, help me help you, and let's get this sorted out, what can I do to stop these lawsuits from getting filed and make things as right as I can in your eyes?

Heyman contemplates for a few moments before responding

(Paul Heyman)
Truthfully? my client HATES LAWYERS, he thinks they're all scumbags, I agree with him, but in times like these? they become valuable and necessary scumbags. So here's the deal, you're not the only one who wants to avoid the courtrooms here, but there's only one way you can make things right, only one way that causes me to make the phone call the moment I leave this office to scrap those lawsuits...

(Edge)

Name It...

(Paul Heyman)
Brock Lesnar wants to extract JUSTICE out of AJ Styles, not with courtrooms and lawyers and monetary payouts, but with his bare hands... He wants to destroy AJ Styles in the middle of that ring ONCE AGAIN, and make him regret the day he and his bitch boys ever laid a hand on Paul Heyman. And let me be very clear on that, this is not about Brock Lesnar wanting retribution for getting laid out last week, because my client is an ASSKICKER, and ASSKICKERS can take ASSKICKINGS!!! Brock Lesnar wants retribution for what those sons of bitches did to me, and throughout my career as his advocate, one thing proves true time and time again...What Brock Lesnar wants? HE TAKES!!!

(Paul Heyman)
Brock Lesnar wants to TAKE AJ Styles on a lovely, scenic, PAINFUL JOURNEY to SUPLEX CITY AND RIP A CHUNK OUT OF HIS ASS AT DEAD MAN'S HAND!!!

Edge wastes no time and doesn't even hesitate for a second to respond

(Edge)
Consider I- ----

Edge is interrupted mid sentence by a third voice who has entered the office unnoticed and has proceeded to interject himself into the conversation.

(AJ Styles)
Hey Paul...

The camera pans over to reveal a smiling and smirking AJ Styles

(Paul Heyman)

Go to hell you son of a bitch.

(AJ Styles)

You first pal...

(AJ Styles)
Now Edge, I'm gonna need you to stop right there, because a decision like that? It can't be made without the approval of The Phenomenal One.

(Edge)
Actually it can, I'm the owner, the gm, everything in between, I call the shots around here.

(AJ Styles)
That may be, but after what we did to Brock and Mr. Heyman over here last week? Not to mention Nakanoodle? I think it's in EVERYONE's best interest to try and keep The OC in their good graces. Now before you respond to that, let me be clear, I'm not opposed to facing Brock Lesnar at Dead Man's Hand.

(Edge)

Great so it's off----- ----

AJ interrupts Edge again

(AJ Styles)
UNDER ONE CONDITION

(Edge)
And what would that "condition" be?

(AJ Styles)
Next week on High Octane, Brock Lesnar competes in XWL for the first time in over a year when he takes on Gallows and Anderson in a HANDICAP MATCH!!! If Brock wins the match? I'll agree to face him at Dead Man's Hand.

(Edge)
C'mon AJ, that seems a tad unreason----

Edge is interrupted once more, this time by Paul Heyman

(Paul Heyman)

You stupid...stupid...stupid son of a bitch, your little "condition" is gonna be one that you come to sorely regret when Brock Lesnar single handedly MANHANDLES and DISMANTLES your cronies next week, you won't have anyone left to protect you from the BEATING that's coming your way AJ. On behalf of my client, I agree to and subsequently accept the terms, and I also offer my condolences in advance for Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows as they will both be VICTIMIZED, MASSACRED, and CONQUERED next week by my client...BRRRRROOOOOCCCCKKKKKKK....LEEEESSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNARRRRRR!!!!

(Edge)
There you have it then, no lawsuits, no courtrooms, none of that, this all gets settled in the ring like it always should be in this company. Next week on High Octane, Brock Lesnar steps into an XWL ring for the first time in over a year to take on Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson of The OC. If Brock Lesnar is victorious? then he will be granted his chance at retribution and Brock Lesnar vs AJ Styles will become official for Dead Man's Hand.

Edge looks on as Heyman and Styles stare each other down following the agreement being reached, Octane heads to another commercial break with an uneasy feeling in the air, as the world now knows what's coming next week, Brock Lesnar back in an XWL ring, and one can only imagine the fury in which he'll be bringing with him.
Back to top Go down
Pringle96
New Talent

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 1:11 pm

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] MpvkcXr 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] V8uRYEd

Ciampa starts to stomp away at Goldberg in the corner repeatedly out off frustration.

Mauro Ranallo: Ciampa is stomping a mudhole into Goldberg's chest here. That chair shot really rocked Goldberg and now Ciampa is picking the bones.

Corey Graves: Look at Ciampas eyes, he sees Kevin Owens right now. He is sending a message and if I was Owens I would be receiving it loud and clear.

Ciampa then starts to slowly retreat backwards as he starts to set up for his running knee strike. Just as Goldberg starts coming to Owens runs straight down the rampway and into the ring as Ciampa and Owens start trading punches in the middle off the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia the fight is on! Owens has seen enough!

Both men are trading punches in the ring as the camera catches Goldberg getting his whit's together as he collects himself in the corner. The camera cuts back to Ciampa and Owens battling it out. All off a sudden the crowd starts cheering as Goldberg sends himself into a charge towards Ciampa.

Mauro Ranallo: SPEAR! SPEAR! SPEAR! Goldberg just speared Owens out off this boots.

A replay is shown and it shows Goldberg aiming for Ciampa with the spear but Ciampa moves out of the way and Goldberg spears Owens in two. The camera then cuts back to the ring as Ciampa is slowly making his way back up the ramp waiving sarcastically towards the ring as Owens is laid flat out in the middle off the ring and Goldberg is holding onto the ropes facing Ciampa furious as the camera cuts to the next segment.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 2:38 pm

Following our return from an advertisement promoting tonight's Contract Signing between PAC & Hangman Page where they'll meet before their Intercontinental Championship Match next week in High Octane's Main-Event...we're taken to the sight of our General Manager Edge standing by the title in question as it rests on a podium until it has a new home around the waist of next week's winner.

[[Edge]]
The Intercontinental Championship is often looked at as a stepping stone, something that isn't quite as "big" as The World Heavyweight Championship. But I do challenge that sort of thinking, this title may not be the typical "Main-Event" but the competitors who have given their blood, sweat, and tears to attain it, to RETAIN it? They are among the best athletes in this industry, and because of how this title is often minimized? The Men who fight for it? Work that much harder to prove how important it is, and why it is a standard in this industry...not some "second prize."

As he speaks of The Intercontinental Championship that the new World Heavyweight Champion Robert Roode surrendered at the start of last week's show you can tell he's trying to keep his promise he made to the former Champion. To not let it fall into undeserving hands by throwing it into one of the hottest feuds going right now.

[[Edge]]
I have no doubt that PAC & Adam Page are going to elevate this title to the level it deserves to be at...to elevate themselves that much further in doing so. But you cannot build one title around two people and just hope that the rest comes together. You need to set pieces into place that can be there when their time is up. And not just be there but be the talk of the company, be the best they can be...and you don't do that just by sitting around twiddling your thumbs and picking petty fights with some guy in the locker room who looks at you funny. You do it by being tested, by having that opportunity to elevate yourself with many factors creating this beautiful chaos that wrestling itself is so deeply rooted in. Which is why tonight I'm here to announce that next week? We're cranking things up a bit with a tournament designed to put its participants through a pressurized situation that prepares them for THE battle.

Edge looks into the camera with a smirk as he grabs a remote off of his desk and places his finger on the button, not yet pressing it.

[[Edge]]
You may remember The "Shawn Michaels Classic" something that in theory was meant to elevate The Intercontinental Championship...but like all great ideas in theory...execution? Was absolutely terrible. I mean, the time and effort just...to be blunt? Wasn't there. Rather than allowing The Superstars to build themselves up with vignettes, or having the matches be properly presented...they were just thrown out there doomed to fail. I'm a big believer in the lost art of "building" that foundation, having each piece laid out and allowing it the time it needs to form an indestructible structure. So that's what we're going to be doing...I present you, The Mach 6!

Edge points the controller to the monitor behind him and a graphic appears on the screen showing "Mach 6" written on it and he process onward with his announcement.

[[Edge]]
6 Superstars will compete in a total of 15 matches over the next 2 months...where the person with the most points at the end of it? Will receive a future Intercontinental Championship Match! We've had this series in the works since my wife and I took ownership of XWL but being believers in proper execution we held it in our back pocket until a moment came where it made sense and could be successful. The idea is that it places six Superstars in a pressure cooker situation where each victory or loss could be the difference in their quest to ultimately become a Champion. Given how we're testing Champions in ways more than ever before? I felt it only made sense to have a process that tests our challengers as well. Which officially kicks off next week at The Power To The People edition of High Octane. Like many matches next week the first three in this series will present three voting options for you the fans to choose from, and in the interest of fairness all three options will be the same for all three matches. You'll ask yourself, do you want to see them clash in traditional wrestling matches? Do you want to spice it up with the extremest of rules? OR, do you want falls to count ANYWHERE? The choice is up to you, you can make all three the same match, you can dip into each option depending on what you want to see more. Now, with the options revealed...we need to know who will be competing in them? Well, why don't we reveal the competitors and those matches at the same time?

Like with many things Edge has brought into his edition of XWL this is different and fresh, and it's taking something that was attempted in the past and fixing what was broken and giving it a reboot with a new coat of paint and new parts as well. He quickly presses the button on the remote as the first match graphic, and competitors are revealed.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] TETsfmP

[[Edge]]
Roman Reigns has been on a roll since his return last month, declaring himself "next" for Goldberg, and then even defeating him on the grandest stage of them all. He's developed quite the bravado since attaining that victory, and while he did beat Goldberg...can he defeat everyone in this series and launch himself into The Intercontinental conversation? As for Finn Balor? That match with Randy Orton last week left all of us wanting more and that's the kind of performers you want involved in something like this. He's someone that can find a way to take-down an opponent of any size, and that'll be a major asset to him over these next 2 months. Both Superstars have been absent from any title scene for quite a while and with their renewed focus as they reestablish themselves following their returns? This series could very well bring them back to their glory days, and...even higher than that.

As we at home or watching in the audience tonight begin to wonder which type of match we want to see next week between two former World Champions...the graphic changes to the next revealed match.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Aiu0Yk4

[[Edge]]
You can't throw Roman Reigns in this and NOT have Goldberg included as well. Their rivalry has been explosive from the jump, and their inclusion not only takes their rivalry to the next level, it adds the hype that something like this needs by knowing that their eventual rematch is guaranteed...the question is what will they experience along the way before and AFTER that rematch? Ilja is a Superstar I introduced on the very first Octane to the entire world. He's faced a lot of setbacks since that night but through those setbacks? He's not given up, he's let them motivate him. Part of being a challenger and a Champion? Is having that nerve to believe you're the best even when it's proven otherwise. Honestly the moment he delivered the sickest headbutt I've ever seen to Daniel Bryan last month? I knew my investment had paid off and I'm excited to see what he brings to this. Will the "past" or "future" move forward in the present as both Superstars look to soon claim their first titles in XWL?

Quite the size difference comes into factor next week, but the people have the power to determine a major factor itself...what kind of match do they do battle in? Do we keep it traditional, or do we throw weapons into the mix, or even the craziness that is letting this battle wage all over the building? With a drum roll in the air with the use of his fist and the remote, he taps the button revealing the final match-up next week.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] W1mYXuC

[[Edge]]
It's been an interesting journey for TCSI since the Tag-Team division was dissolved, but next week as you saw at the beginning of tonight's show? TCSI IS BACK! So I feel like I owe them one, I hated having to end their incredible run as Tag-Team Champions the way that it did...and I think it's time to make it up to them. So given that Chris Sabin was the most recent of them to be Intercontinental Champion, I think it's only fair now that it's Gable's turn. After all their entire rivalry that eventually led to their teaming up was during Chad's reign as Intercontinental Champion many years ago. Well if he can win The Mach 6? He'll return to his former glory and bring gold back to TCSI. While Karl Anderson is most known for being a "good brother" and proud member of The O.C...Karl Anderson showed me something very impressive last week when he put away Shinsuke Nakamura and sent a message that he's not just here to be support, he's here to stand alongside Luke Gallows and AJ Styles as they collectively takeover. So for the first time in his XWL career...I'm giving him that opportunity to be MORE! With The Tag-Team division currently on ice, these two more tandem based Superstars look to catapult their singles careers starting next week. With The Mach 6, it's competitors, and it's first matches set to take place next week at High Octane? There's but one thing left to do, and that's for YOU to decide what type of match you want to see those encounters be. So cast those votes as soon as possible because your vote? Could very well decide which of these Superstars come out on top next week.

Edge stares into the camera for a moment before the screen fades away to an advertisement promoting next week's High Octane: Power To The People! Which matches will you be able to impact with your vote?

Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Octane continues as we cut backstage to the office of the General Manager, Edge! A huge roar is heard from the crowd for the GM. Edge is sat at his desk on his phone, when a knock on the door is heard. We hear Edge say "I've got to go, I'll call you back." before placing his phone on his desk and answering the door.  He opens the door....It's Bayley!

Once again a huge roar is heard throughout the arena, Bayley is stood on the spot almost jumping up and down. The excitement she's back is clear for all to see. Bayley wearing her classic "I'm a hugger" shirt, a huge smile across her face.  Edge and Bayley embrace in a hug before Edge invites her into her office

[Bayley]
Edge! I just wanted to say thank you for inviting me back to XWL. It's been quite a while since I've been here, I thought this dream was over... I didn't think I'd ever get this chance again...So Thank you.

[Edge]
It's great to have you back, Bayley! We've got an incredible Women's division here already in XWL...But I knew we could always improve and I'm always looking at ways to improve everything. You're a former champion, here. I belive you can add a lot to the division.

[Bayley]
Being here is all I ever wanted, Sitting at home every week and watching the likes of Alexa Bliss and Kairi Sane doing exactly what I wanted to do. It was hard to take..I've missed this. I've missed been out on that ring and I can't wait to back out there.

[Edge]
Well, Trust me when I saw XWL has missed you too. I can't wait to see you back out there, I'm sure we can line up a match for you next week at High Octane. I'm excited for you to show what you can do and show everyone what we've been missing out on the last few months!  But....If I don't see any Bayley Buddies out there next week, I'll be pretty disappointed!

Edge and Bayley share a laugh, and once again hug as Bayley is about to leave the GM's office. The door suddenly bursts open stopping both Bayley and Edge in their tracks...for in the threshold of the doorway stands Natalya and as we saw last week when she made her return after 415 days on the shelf...she's not her usual friendly smiling self. In fact she seems like a woman on a mission, so much so that as she sweeps into the room not really acknowledging Bayley other than saying "excuse me" as she brushes past her and walks right up to Edge's desk.  

[[[Natalya]]]
Have you found anything yet, Edge?

[Edge]
Oh, Nattie...I didn't hear you knock.

[[[Natalya]]]
Minding my manners put me on the shelf for 13 months...so given that we're family practically I figured you'd understand. Now like I said, did you find anything yet? Anyone see anything last week? Anyone look suspicious? Anyone near the curtain after I sent that masked bitch running?

[Edge]
Well no, but I was just on the phone with the security team from last week trying to see if we could track down any footage. After I got done with my conversation with Bayley I was going to call them back.

Through her frustration she barely acknowledged Bayley had been talking to Edge before she burst in and while she's still not exactly "mother Hen" like she would be known for she does turn to Bayley who seems quite thrown off by this different side of Natalya and exhales as she tries to apologize.

[[[Natalya]]]
I'm sorry, Bayley...I hope I didn't interrupt anything important...I'm just so stressed about this mystery attacker situation...

[Bayley]
Actually... I was just sorting out my return with Edge. I've spent my entire time away from here watching...and I saw what happened to you. I was heartbroken for you, Nattie. I saw first hand how hard you worked to get the top, to become champion. I was there to see you capture the Womens Championship, you held it for 358 days! And to see all that taken away from you within hours of each other broke my heart.

Bayley was there the night Natalya finally ended her 2,945 day run of hell and finally captured The Women's Championship...she was there to support her then, to ease her worries knowing that that night Natalya's career was on the line. So Natalya can't help but remember that night and her friendship with Bayley over the years, bringing a soft smile to her once tense face.

[[[Natalya]]]
That means a lot, I hate that I've spent 13 months at home wanting to get back to this, to get back to the ring...and, now here I am finding out that person who caused all of this is here too...and I don't even know where to look first.

[Edge]
I know you're very frustrated and rightfully so, but you can't very well go interrogating the entire locker room...

[[[Natalya]]]
The hell I can't? Someone in that building last week, and probably here tonight...is responsible for this and they are going to pay DEARLY. If I have to go up to each and every Woman we have to find out who it is? I will...

[Edge]
Listen, what you need to do is get your mind off of this. It's eaten you alive for the past year...and I think what you need is to forget about that for one night and get back in the ring. I was just talking to Bayley about her returning at High Octane...given the two of you have had great matches in the past, there's so much respect there...why not be her opponent?

[[[Natalya]]]
I don't know...I guess you're right, maybe I do need to let off some steam and clear my head of this...I just don't want them thinking they're going to get away with it.

[Edge]
Trust me we are on the look out for anything out of the ordinary, we're beefing up security, we're ensuring there's not a single corner without line of sight of a camera...we are going to find out who attacked you last year and trying to play detective and barging into every room isn't going to do you any good. You worked tirelessly for 415 days to heal, and then get back into that ring...so why not enjoy the fruits of your labor and do it with someone you know will give you the kind of match you love?

[Bayley]
I think it's a great idea! I mean, Nattie...We did never get to have the match for the Womens Title that you said we'd have...So instead, what a better time to do it? Both of our return matches.  You know you can trust me.... If whoever is doing is try and do it next week when we're out there then I've got your back.  But a bit of friendly competition never hurt anyone, right?

Natalya stands there for a moment, looking at Bayley with her eyes twinkling, she's always thought the world of Natalya and she wants to be the one that can help her get back to the basics and just enjoy wrestling. After all you can't spend all your time searching, and surely she's been miserable enough the last 415 days that she could use a fun friendly match with someone she can trust?

[[[Natalya]]]
Okay okay, point taken...I can't be grumpy all the time...that's probably what whoever this is wants anyway. So I guess a match next week would do me some good...alright, I'm in!

As soon as those final words leave Natalya's mouth, Bayley leaps at her wrapping both arms around The Queen Of Harts as she excitedly jumps up and down. Natalya at first relents but after a second or so she wraps her arms around Bayley as well and the two share a hug to end this touching moment in the midst of a very rough time in Natalya's career. But next week it's official at High Octane she returns to the ring against Bayley in her return match as well where they look to have a good old fashioned classic as we head to the next segment.

Back to top Go down
Kingbrew1990
New Talent

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 5:04 pm

We are taken backstage to the gym in the Arena. Where Shayna Baszler is working out blowing off some steam after her match with Alexa Bliss earlier in the night.Shayna is going thru submission drills with Josh Barnett. Shayna applies a rear naked choke on Barnett and he lightly taps out. Shayna jumps up and they then switch to punching focus pad training. At which point Beth Phoenix walks over with a microphone.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Downlo10

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Downlo11

Beth Phoenix
"Shayna I was hoping to have a word with you about your performance in the North American Championship Tournament."

Shayna Baszler
"My performance in the tournament? Well Beth as you already know I am no stranger to that title. Only reason I'm not currently that champion is some bullshit. As you can obviously see I am gearing up for another run. So as far as my performance in tournament goes, the best is yet to come Beth."

Beth Phoenix
" Tonight you took on Alexa Bliss and won. Any thoughts?"

Shayna Baszler
"Oh that, that was just a little retribution for last year's Final Stand. But that was also indication as to what will happen in this tournament. Because at the end of this tournament you will see The Queen of Spades with her hand held high as the winner of the North American Championship once again.Now if you'll excuse me I must be back to my session. So I can dominate the rest of the tournament the way ive dominated the women's division for my tenure in XWL."

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Shayna10

Beth walks away and off camera. And the segment fades into the next.
Back to top Go down
LazyEye513
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 5:49 pm

The crowd don't give The Dream as favorable response as he walks out the back. Dream either ignores them or doesn't particularly care though as he struts his way to the ring

[Corey Graves]
Last week The Dream graced us with his presence. And was shocking and rudely interrupted by The Undertaker who assaulted him!

[Beth Phoenix]
It was a shocking returned for sure but no one was probably more shocked than The Dream

The Dream stands in the middle of the ring. Mic in one hand. Eyes closed. Soaking in all the attention. All the looks, stares, jeers, admiration from those in the crowd. Well, maybe not that last one. Finally he begins to spin slowly as he removes his glasses slowly and looks towards the many spectators in the crowd. He raises the mic towards his lips

{Velveteen Dream}
Can you feel that chill in the arena? The chill of the end? The chill of Death lingering around all of us? The Dream felt that chill. When the lights went out. The presence of something...evil behind me. THe Dream was expecting to catch the eye of everyone in the arena and watching at home. But The Dream never expected to catch the attention of The Phenom. The Undertaker. That....that is a man that when he shows his face all eyes are on him. And all eyes were for sure on him when he made his return and tombstoned me in front of the whole world. Now most people would expect The Dream to be beyond angry. To want retribution. But if that's what you think then I must say you do not know The Dream very well. Cause that's the reason The Dream came to XWL. For those special moments. To be involved in the moments that become the talk of XWL!

And you feel that what The Dream is saying is true. Like he is generally excited about the fact that The Undertaker decided to share a moment with him

{Velveteen Dream}
But what is on The Dream's mind...is simply why. Undertaker if you wanted a moment with The Dream like everyone else in the back all you had to do was ask and we could do this proper. The Dream is confused about why you would sneak The Dream like that? The Dream simply wants to know...what is The Deadman's problem? Could it be because when you look at the Dream you see someone with more mystic? Someone who can bend the crowd to their will like you once did? Do you see someone who also sends chills down people's spines and leaves them breathless. The Dream respects you but jealousy is most unbecoming of you if The Dream is honest. The Dream is demanding answers and The Dream isn't leaving the ring till he gets them

The Dream is all of a sudden interrupted by music.

Teddy Long walks through the curtain holding a microphone and the crowd erupts. He is doing his signature dance moves and everyone is mimicking him. He then walks center stage and begins to speak.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 18194010

Teddy Long
"Velveteen Dream......(slight pause) Let me holla at ya playa. You see all this yapping you have been doing about how you are so great and better than everyone else has really caught the attention of my newest client. Thats right ladies and gentlemen the newest talent of Teddy Long Enterprises is none other than THE UNDERTAKER!!!!!!!

The lights go black and smoke begins to fill the stage. The Undertaker steps through the curtain eyes locked on The Dream and the crowds erupts.The undertaker walks center stage and stands eerily beside Teddy not once breaking eye contact with The Dream.

Teddy Long
"You see playa. My Undertaker here will do anything I ask of him. And last week we were backstage discussing our contract with one Mr. Edge, & he had the show live feed on a huge flat screen doing it big like General Managers do. And when we were getting down to the nitty of the gritty talking dollars and fittys (slang for fiftys) we hear your loud mouth out here jibber jabbing upsetting these great fans of XWL. So I tried continuing my conversation with the GM and couldnt focus for your irritating babbling. My Undertaker could clearly see I was frustrated and he had been watching your rant while me and Mr. Edge were talking numbers. But nonetheless what you said must have really pissed my Undertaker off cause he asked me if he could go out to that ring and shut you up. Now me being the top notch playa that I am, I obliged his request and sent him out there to shut you up so me and Mr. Edge could finish our negotiations. And what did my Undertaker do? He came out here and tombstoned your ass to sleep. All in all giving the fans what they wanted and dishing out some punishment of his own. But the reason that we are out here is because my Undertaker has something he would like to say"

Teddy holds the mic up to taker so he can make his statement.

The Undertaker
"Velveteen Dream. I am The Reaper of Souls, And The Bringer of Darkness. Dream you have just stepped into your worst nightmare. The darkness will become your reality. Because I will take your soul and you will REST IN PEACE!!!!!"

The Undertaker rolls his eyes backwards. He lifts his arms parallel to his shoulders and swiftly drops them. When he does a bolt of lightning crashes into the ring narrowly missing The Velveteen Dream.

The cameras fade into the next segment.
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 5:55 pm

An 'EARLIER TODAY' graphic flashes across the screen before settling in the corner. Randy Orton arrives at the airport when a camera with an interviewer catches up to him for some quick words regarding tonight's show. No one has the nerve to approach the former World Heavyweight Champion and ask for an autograph or even a picture. Maybe that's out of respect. Maybe that's out of fear given the unhinged nature of the Viper over the last few weeks. Either way, could you really blame them? Randy Orton is a superstar who'd certainly sink low enough to RKO a bystander because they looked at him the wrong way.

[[INTERVIEWER]]
Randy, quick question. You have a match against Kevin Owens tonight. Any comments?

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Giphy

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 5GPqkAa

And here I was hoping for a real challenge. Instead, I'm stuck with Kevin Owens.

You can almost feel the disappointment in the voice of the Viper. That disappointment soon turns to annoyance as he begins to speak again - picking up where he left off regarding his opponent, Canada's own, Kevin Owens.

Do you know what I don't consider Kevin Owens a challenge? Because what I did with one kick, Kevin Owens couldn't even do in an entire match. Kevin Owens tried to take out Jon Moxley and he failed. I kicked Jon Moxley in the head once and he's gone. Kevin Owens parades around this company calling it the 'Kevin Owens show' and I will be the first to inform him that this show is far from his show. The last time this was the 'Kevin Owens show' was when he was carrying Chris Jericho's jockstrap as the Tag Team Champions. I do not respect Kevin Owens. I don't like Kevin Owens. I want nothing to do with Kevin Owens. Do you know what I want? I want the World Heavyweight Championship; the championship which I never got a rematch for. I want to know how long before I get the chance that I rightfully deserve. I want to know why Robert Roode can sit in the crowd and do absolutely nothing to earn a championship match yet is granted one while I'm stuck fighting Kevin Owens. Maybe it's because Edge and his wife are scared of having a guy like me at the top of the company. Maybe it's because the two of them feel threatened by having a guy like me sitting atop their company.

Randy Orton stops where he's walking as he takes his hat off and runs his hand over his head. A deep breath was brought in... and then brought out. Given where he was, it might not be the best of places to let his anger, passion, or selfish desires depending on how you looked at. Randy places the hat back on his head as he turns his attention to the camera once again.

Maybe I should punt Kevin Owens next and do everyone a favor. Maybe I should punt every last son of a bitch in this company until Edge has no choice but to give me a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. I have nothing to prove when I've been doing this as long as I have but, if Edge and his wife really want me to fight Kevin Owens then fine. Whatever. I really don't care.

The moment Randy finishes his sentence, one fan seems to have pushed through the line of bystanders who were all far too cowardly to approach XWL's Viper. The young, blonde woman runs up to the Superstar, iPhone in hand, ready and hopeful for her opportunity at a photo with her favorite professional wrestler. As she hurries into the shot to catch up with Orton, her voice- which was calling out his name- becomes clearer and louder.

[[FEMALE FAN]]
Randy...! RANDY!

The fan finally made it to Orton's side, taking a quick second to catch her breath. Just as Randy turns to likely push the fan aside, he catches a glimpse at her, and to put it as mildly as humanly possible... He seems like he likes what he sees. The vivacious blonde woman finally catches her breath and looks up at the larger than life Superstar that suddenly is standing just a mere foot or two away from her.

[[FEMALE FAN]]
I know you're busy and probably in a hurry and all to get to the show tonight but, when I saw you I knew I had to meet you. You see, I'm such a big fan of yours, you're the only reason I even watch wrestling. I love what you do in the ring, and- to be honest, if I could get a quick picture with you?... That would just make my entire life.

She raises her hand that was holding her phone, already open on the camera app, and ready to go in the event that the Viper made a special exception after hearing her plead her case. She bats her long eyelashes up at him, sticking her plump lips out into a pout that's full of hope. Normally, Randy would've looked at the fan and laughed before walking away... but there was something different when the fan was a young, beautiful woman with bright blonde locks and eyes that he'd love to stare into for extended periods of time. One picture wouldn't hurt and Randy wasn't afraid to tell anyone else 'no' if they came up to him - even if that person had a kid with them who claimed to be a big fan of his work. Of course, Randy obliged as he placed his bag down and decided to give this fan what she wanted. He got into position and brought his hand around her. He was leaning down a little to be more at her level as he looked into the camera and flashed a smile at the device.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 5GPqkAa

You've got a marker on you? 'cause I can sign something for you if you want.

[[FEMALE FAN]]
Oh, you bet I do...

The female fan reaches into her back pocket and retrieves a black sharpie. She placed the tip in between her two rows of teeth and bites down, using the leverage to pull the pen out of its cap. Once she does this, the young woman hands the pen to Randy, who looks a bit confused. She handed him a marker, yes, but she has yet to provide him with anything to sign. No poster? No phone case? Not even a post-it note?... Nope, the beguiling blonde locks eyes with the Viper before tugging down on her top until the bulk of her breasts were revealed to the XWL Superstar, with the exception of the essential bits, of course, which remained barely covered. Randy looked down at the girl, trying to determine whether or not she was serious or if this was all just a prank. Even so, who was he to deny such a bright-eyed, perky fan her right of being signed by the Viper. Orton scoffs, smirking to himself as he glances around at the cameras before shrugging his shoulders and leaning in to place the tip of the marker onto her chest. He slowly, but thoroughly signs his name across her left breast. Once he finishes, the fan pulls the cap out of her mouth and can hardly contain her excitement as she glances down at the autograph on her skin. Randy seems to get a kick out of her reaction, handing her back the marker as he bent down to grab his bag. The Viper gives a flirtatious yet cool nod to the fan, who's heart is getting increasingly close to jumping right out of her rather exposed chest.

The TMZ cameras turns to follow Orton as he continues on his way through the airport. The lens zooms in on his backside as he casually walks further and further away from the fan and the cameramen. When he is finally out of range to the point where his footsteps fade from a faint echo to silence, and just as we expect the screen to fade to black on the impromptu interview, something happens. A flash of a hand blurs over the lens before grabbing hold of the end of the camera and yanking it aggressively back into its original direction. The speed of the motion is enough to make anyone a little dizzy, but the movement comes to a screeching halt once the same female fan who was with Randy seconds prior was standing directly in the center of our screens. Her head was tilted down, allowing for her eyes to peer up into the lens from behind her brows. Her entire demeanor was night and day compared to how she was acting in the presence of the XWL Superstar. The female inhales, indicating that she is about to speak and possibly explain what exactly she thinks she's doing by grabbing hold of a cameraman's property.

[[FEMALE FAN]]
Tick tock.

The young woman's voice is now full of intent and a far cry from the light, breathy, Marilyn Monroe-esque tone that we heard earlier. Her lips curve up into a smirk before falling flat in yet another menacing expression. She pushes the camera back out of her face, and turns to walk off into the direction that she originally approached Randy Orton from. The cameraman stumbles back, a bit confused, and understandably so. As he reassembles his wits and stands back upright, his camera catches a glimpse of the woman joining hands with a large hooded figure that seems to have been lurking from behind one of the pillars in the airport.

[[INTERVIEWER]]
What the hell...

Echoing all of the fans' thoughts after that peculiar series of events, the camera fades to black on the confused and heavy breathing of the cameraman after jockeying for control over his own camera, and losing, to a dangerously attractive and mysterious young woman.
Back to top Go down
Oreo
Mid Card
Oreo

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 1:22 am

We go backstage as we see our own Renee Young standing by.

Renee Young
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome by guest... Tenille Dashwood.

Cocky as ever, we see Tenille Dashwood walk into frame. She removes her aviators, uncovering her eyes. Placing the sunglasses in a safe place on her gear, she gives a demanding "What do you want?" to Renee Young.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 6Z2Dl7A

Renee Young
Tenille, the XWL Universe watched on shock by your actions last week. Everyone is asking... why?

Tenille rolls her eyes at what she believes to be a ridiculous question.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Jpk9feN

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Gmu7kYU
Are you kidding me, Renee? You are really asking me why I attacked them last week? Isn't it obvious? Did you even watch Final Stand? Did you even witness my big return? Renee, I laid out Toni and Asuka last week because I had to. The two of them RUINED my Final Stand moment. All eyes were on me. Final Stand was supposed to be ALL ABOUT ME. The headlines the following day were supposed to be ALL ABOUT ME! Final Stand was supposed to be my time to shine and what happens? That little Tenille Dashwood wannabe Toni Storm and that has been Asuka were just so desperate for attention that they had to steal MY spotlight.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] J5DhK74

Last week, wasn't just some "attack". Renee, last week was justice and trust me, the two of them deserved it. Now I'm not dumb. This isn't my first day on the job, unlike some of the women I see in these hallways. Toni... Asuka? They're going to want revenge and I'm ready for them any time... any where. Toni? I know girls like Toni. She's tough but she's way in over her head. She's young and stupid and will look at the very first opportunity to strike. I'll be ready for her.

Tenille smirks, flipping her hair behind her shoulder.

...but Asuka? Well... I've got something different in mind for Asuka. Because...

Tenille begins to smile at Renee and delivers the following line singing as if she was a kid on a schoolyard playground.

...I know something you don't know!

Tenille lets out a sinister laugh like that of an evil queen before turning away from Renee, exiting the interview. With a confused look on Renee's face, we transition to our next segment.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 12:09 pm

[[ Normal Match ]]

[[ N.A #1 Contenders Tournament Match ]]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] LzHomBS 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Xe5w9vJ

Last week, we witnessed the rebirth of Sarah Logan when she did something her former handler never could when she pinned the former North American Champion in Alexa Bliss in the center of the ring. Now this week, she has an opportunity to advance to the finals of the tournament to crown a Number One Contender for Kairi Sane's newly won North American Championship, but to do that, she must first defeat the former Genius of the Sky in Io Shirai. Like I did last week with Britt Baker, I have given Io Shirai another opportunity to right a wrong from Final Stand, because while she didn't emerge with the North American Championship, she continues to impress with her sensational offense and calculated style. So tonight, the second half of this miniature tournament will have its conclusion and the winner of this match has to go face to face with a former North American Champion in Shayna Baszler, an unenviable position to say the least.

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

This match was insane, definitely worth the watch, ending is brutal!

-
-
-

-
-
-

-
-
-

Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 12:19 pm

IT'S BOSS TIME as the theme of Sasha Banks begins to play throughout the arena. She's greeted with cheers as the champion steps out onto the stage with the championship wrapped around her waist. It's the first time since Final Stand that she's stepped out in front of the people and man, it must feel good for her right now.

[MAURO RANALLO]
Welcome back to the show, ladies and gentlemen, and we're here to find out Sasha Banks' challenger for Dead Man's Hand!

[BETH PHOENIX]
You guys are. I already know what's going on and not to spoil anything... but Adam and I are happy with what we decided on. There's a lot of talented women in this division. There's more talent than ever before. We have some women challenging for the North American Championship in a tournament but we have to figure out who Sasha Banks' next challenger is.

[COREY GRAVES]
Okay, but what in the hell is that in-ring?

What Corey is talking about is this piece in-ring that's covered by a black sheet which means you cannot tell what it is. There's a little roundness to it but that's about all that can be made out. The sheet stretches all the way down to the mat and a little more just to be sure no one could see what it was. Cameras switch back to the Boss who continues to make her entrance.

[BETH PHOENIX]
Maybe I know. Maybe I don't know. Maybe Sasha Banks decided to go all out to announcer her challenge. Maybe Adam and I supplied her with something to get a point across. Don't be so impatient, Corey.

[COREY GRAVES]
The only thing I'm impatient about is waiting to see Sasha Banks lose the Women's Championship. I don't care who it's to. She got her fifteen minutes of fame at Final Stand. Let's get the show on the road. Let's get ourselves a better champion. One who actually wants to show up to work. It was her first week as a champion and she missed the show.

[MAURO RANALLO]
Allow me to speak on behalf of Sasha Banks here, but I am a big advocate on mental health and sometimes you need a week off. I fully support Sasha needing a week off to recollect herself and to rest after such a battle at Final Stand. The brain is a strong muscle that's capable of being your worst enemy and Sasha Banks has been one of the hardest working women over the last few years. I'm not condoning her taking weeks on end off as champion but one week isn't going to ruin the championship.

Sasha Banks climbs up the steel steps and enters the ring and beckons a microphone from the crew members at ringside. A microphone is given to her and she steps back to the center of the ring. Sasha adjusts the championship that is worn around her waist and then flashes a grin to the camera. When her theme soon quiets, she lifts her microphone and begins to speak.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] PyyaJSj

We're here for a reason and that's to announce who will be my challenger for Dead Man's Hand, but I need a second before we get to that. I need a second to thank anyone who's had my back against Liv Morgan. I need to thank anyone who cheered my name at Final Stand in my battle against Liv Morgan. It's been a long road to get to this moment and we don't have time to stop and rest. This isn't football, basketball, baseball, or any other sport out there. When the biggest show of the year comes to an end, we don't stop. We don't have an offseason. We barely have time to celebrate our wins. When one door closes, another door opens. When one challenger falls, another takes aim at that target on your back and fires and you have two options: take the hit and drop the championship or rip that arrow out of your back and start swinging and trust me when I say all I know how to do is swing. You step up to the Boss - the XWL Women's Champion - then you best be ready for a fight. You step up to the blue and I'll knock you out with a one, two... but who's stepping up to challenge me for my championship?

Sasha takes a step back and approaches the black cloth that covers whatever this structure is and she rips it off. Beneath it is a piece of XWL history that has made some careers and broke them. It's created some of the most interesting match-ups and also some of the most boring match-ups. On the wheel, we see a series of names. All of them women. Not a single man on it.

This is a wheel that has every women's name on it because this wheel is going to decide my challenger at Dead Man's Hand. Right now, we're going to hold a state of the division address as I call out every last woman on this roster to step up to me.

Sasha steps over to the wheel that she revealed moments ago and she gives it a little spin... but she makes sure that it stops on the first person. Actions speak louder than words and the fact that Sasha Banks almost wants to gag right now shows how she might feel about this superstar. They've crossed paths a few times but there's not much history between them.

Let's start with person number one: ALEXA BLISS. Straight up, I have no interest in wrestling you and I have no interest in defending my championship against you. It's nothing personal, but when I look at you I see a cover girl whereas when I look at your best friend, the woman who beat you for your North American Championship, I see the substance that kept people coming back for more - myself included. I'm not even gonna say you're a pretty face 'cause blondes aren't my thing anymore. I have too many bad memories tied to them and I have no interest in revisiting those memories. If the wheel lands on you and I have to put my XWL Women's Championship on the line against you then so be it. I'm a fighting champion. I'm not going to back down from you or anyone else. Though, I just want to warn you; I'll give you another reason to not be happy when I five feet of friendship you to the back of the line where you belong. And then there's ASUKA. I don't think we've ever fought one another but I admire you. I respect you. I've seen what you've done outside of the business and there's not one doubt in my mind that you are one of the best names on this entire wheel. You're a woman who'd bring the best out of me because I know if I fight you and I don't bring my best then I'm going to lose. What happens if you were chosen and you were to lose though? When does the hype and the mystique that surrounds Asuka fade away into a realization that she's no different than any of the other amazing wrestlers to come from Japan? You see, Asuka, if you are chosen then I have every intention of proving that you're just that: you're all hype. Do me a favor and give your old friend 'Kana' a call. At least she could win a championship.  

You could hear some people in the crowd go 'oooo' as Sasha clearly hints to the Diva's Championship reign that Asuka had many years ago that was nothing more than a flash in the pan. You could say that it wasn't even worth remembering or mentioning. But Sasha Banks, she did her research before coming out here. She would leave no stone unturned. Sasha then moves the wheel a little further and it lands on a newer face to the XWL Women's Division.

We've got a dentist in the house! BRITT BAKER, DMD. You and I have never fought each other and I'm excited to one-day change that. Before we go on, I have a question for you: do you have any of your dentist friends on speed dial? Because when I take my knee - this one right here that won me the XWL Women's Championship in the main event of Final Stand - and aim my gun and I strike you in the jaw, who's going to be there to fix your smile when I knock your teeth out? Because I went through hell to win this championship and I'll be damned if I let some so-called role model who can't even commit to this business full-time take it from me. I don't know what you've done to be called a role model but if we step in this ring, you'll be looking up to me - after I pin you for the one, two, three. Oh, and look at this. CHARLOTTE FLAIR. What exactly are you the 'Queen' of anyways? You've been in-and-out of this company almost as much as your father was in-and-out of women in the 1990's. Get back to me when you've proven that you deserve to be called a Queen and maybe then will I take you seriously if you're chosen to be my challenger at Dead Man's Hand.

As Sasha looks at the next person, you could almost see the hunger in her eyes - like a person on Thanksgiving Day who starved themselves the entire day. She's faced a lot of people in her short career but this was someone who's eluded her. Some might say that this is a dream match of some kind. After Dead Man's Hand, it could be a reality though.

And here we have another woman I'm dying to get in the ring with. I'm salivating at the thought of going one-on-one with you, IO SHIRAI. You're one of the best women's wrestlers in the world without a shadow of a doubt. I have nothing bad to say about you, but I do want to make myself clear; you claim to be a collector nowadays and I refuse to allow this championship to be the first championship to enter your collection. I will outwrestle you, outclass you, and outplay you if it means keeping this championship. Your time as champion will come - mark my words - but not as long as I hold this championship because... because it's BOSS time!

After a brief pause, Sasha points over to Corey Graves who she knows would absolutely hate her saying that. You could hear the groan from the commentator which causes Sasha to laugh. Then, she turns her attention back to the wheel and the next name on the list is quite the familiar one. It's perhaps the very first true rivalry that Sasha ever had as part of this company. Up until a few weeks ago, Sasha has never beat this woman which means that her confidence was still there from that win.

MIA YIM. Mia, Mia, Mia. Oh, the battles that we've had over the years. We stepped into the ring against each other a couple of weeks ago and when I looked in your eyes when we stood across this ring from each other, it's the same thing that you saw in mine. We both saw a changed woman. The difference between you and me is that I've changed into a champion while you've changed into an afterthought. You were once the most dangerous woman in this division and now, now you're just another member of this division... but you know what? I'd love to step into this ring with you, with this championship belt on the line, and I'd love to beat you to prove that the HBIC - Head Baddie in Charge - is NOTHING compared to the Head Boss in Charge.

Sasha has to take a moment to compose herself before she reads off this next name. You could head the laughter echo through the microphone and from the speaker for a brief second before the microphone is pulled far enough away. With a deep breath taken and her laughter calmed, Sasha goes to speak.

RUBY RIOTT! It's been a while since you and I have interacted with one another. You've been obsessed with Alexa Bliss when you should be focusing on what matters. You wanna go around choking people but you're too busy choking every time you get a chance to shine and make yourself the superstar that you were born to be. I wanna think that should mean something when I'm saying that given how many chances I've had and I've choked. I can recognize a choke artist when I see one because I was one. Seems like the crown has found a new home and you seem to wear it with pride. And this woman right here is perhaps the one who frightens me the most on this entire wheel because when I saw SHAYNA BASZLER enter this company, I thought she was just going to be another Ronda Rousey rip off and I've beaten her. And then I realize she's so much more than that. She's more than just yet another mixed martial artist who couldn't cut it in the cage so she came here because it's the so-called "easy" thing to do. Shayna Baszler is talented. Shayna Baszler is dangerous. Shayna Baszler is one hell of a fighter... but then I remember what Shayna Baszler did as North American Champion when she held the belt and it makes me sick thinking about what she might do with this championship. I don't care if things could be different. I am not your measuring stick. I am your champion and for the sake of this championship's legacy, it will stay that way.

The next name almost surprises Sasha as she reads the name that is pointed to.

Oh, and would you look at that. We have SARAH LOGAN finally standing up for herself instead of being Ruby Riott's little lapdog. I'm proud of you for finally stepping out of her shadow because you're young and full of potential but you've got a ways to go. If you find that the spotlight is too much for you then I have some room left in my shadow now that Liv Morgan isn't someone I have to worry about. And it's all about... TENILLE DASHWOOD, huh? I must've missed the memo because I am the XWL Women's Champion... and Kairi Sane is the North American Champion. Where does that put you in our championship picture? You've got a lot of bark but I don't see much room for you to back it up and I get it. I was there once. I was that woman who walked in with all of the confidence in the world despite having no accolades. I want to see what you're capable of. I want to see how good you really are. I want to see that fire in your eyes... or is that why you always wear sunglasses? Because there's no fire there. There's not even a spark. It's just a woman who knows she can't back it up.

Sasha then turns the wheel back a few pegs to a woman who we skipped of a few moments and there's a noticeable reaction from the crowd when she stops on the face of a woman who recently returned from a long absence. There's a lot of history between Sasha and this woman. Maybe a little too much history. So much history, you have to wonder how could they possibly make more? Sasha Banks breathes in a heavy breath. It seems like she's almost a little lost for words but that only lasts for a moment. Sasha brings the microphone up to her mouth and begins to speak but she doesn't speak to the crowd. She speaks to the wheel where the pointer of the wheel is lined up with one of the women's names.

I saved you for last for a reason. I saved you for last because you are the person I have the most to prove against. I can beat anyone on this wheel and it won't mean anything to me. I defeat you and I finally feel like I can do what I've never been able to do. I defeat you and I close a chapter in my story that I feel is left unfinished. We have our history and according to some we may still have history being written but I can assure you that I am not the woman behind the mask. NATALYA NEIDHART, I see that you've come back and I am itching to get back in that ring with you. You've got your hands full and I understand it could be a while but I want to fight you. I want to put this championship on the line against you. I have something to prove to myself by beating you and I beg of this wheel to choose you. I don't care if the odds would be stacked against me in my first defense as champion. I don't deserve this belt if I cannot beat you. I don't deserve to call myself championship material if I cannot beat you. I don't deserve any of this if I cannot step into the ring with Natalya and beat her. Maybe I'm being hard on myself but dammit, I want to be THE woman and I can't be THE woman as long as you are here and you are competing.

The microphone is then dropped as the Boss keeps her eyes locked on the name on the wheel. Her theme begins to play again as the camera focuses more towards the wheel that contains a series of names in the company; all of which more than likely eager to be awarded a chance at the XWL Women's Championship. With that said, the segment then comes to a close as we fade to commercial break.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 1:20 pm

Octane returns from commercial, We're at ringside when a very familiar theme hits across the arena...

The crowd erupts as its the theme of the Daniel Bryan they all loved! "YES!" images appear across the screen which causes huge YES! chants throughout the entire arena. The Daniel Bryan they loved is back! But that joy is quickly taken..... Because it isn't Daniel Bryan that walks out from behind the curtain... It's Sami Zayn! The cheers are quickly replaced with boos as Zayn marches out on stage laughing, shouting "I GOT YOU!"

Zayn stands at top of the ramp, then starts to makes his way down the ramp mocking Daniel Bryan.  Chanting "YES!" as he goes, with a huge smirk across his face. Zayn gets to bottom of the ramp, the crowd still showing just how much they hate the "Canadian Hero". Sami enters the ring, taking a bow clearly loving every minute of this. Sami quickly grabs a microphone

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] HPrbBjj

[Sami Zayn]
Welcome to the Sami Zayn celebration ceremony! See, at Final Stand I did what I had promised since I made my return to XWL. I beat Daniel Bryan...in the middle of this ring. I didn't need any cheap shots, I didn't need to take the easy way out and get myself disqualified. I stood face to face with Daniel Bryan and it was ME stood with my hand raised high. I spent months sat at home, and I return to this company and what do I do? I beat a former World Champion, I beat a guy that nobody else could beat.... What does that say about me? What does that say about this company? The fact I can spend months sat at home, then turn back up here and beat what I was told is the best this company has to offer? Maybe I get why you're all angry at me, because I've shown how terrible this company is..that the wrestlers you all cheer for, that you spend hours making your little signs for...I've embarrassed them all! It's funny to me, that fact that you're still all chanting "YES YES YES" shows you are all clinging to the past!

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] G8enFia

[Sami Zayn]
THAT Daniel Bryan is gone, THAT Daniel Bryan is finished. Final Stand was the final nail in the coffin of the Daniel Bryan you loved, hell the Daniel Bryan that I loved too! You don't think it pains me to see him this way? You don't think it pains me to see a man I travelled the roads with fall so low? He's just a shell of his former self. I'm not proud of myself having to be the one to prove that, I told you all... I told Daniel Bryan that this would happen. I tried to warn him, and he didn't want to that warning. I took it upon myself personally after Final Stand to text Daniel, I wished him the best of luck in his future endeavours, I gave him some advice. I said to him man to man...I think it's time for him to hang it up. Stay at home with your family, raise your children and don't tarnish the career you had even more than you already have! I was just trying to be a good friend to Daniel, so you can imagine my surprise when I turned up here tonight and Edge pulls me aside and tells me that Daniel Bryan has requested a match next week at High Octane!

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Ucaz4Lp

[Sami Zayn]
I don't quite understand what is going through his head for him to request that. I reached out man to man, I gave him so friendly advice. I didn't have to do that, but because me and Daniel were once friends...I felt it was my place to be the one that gives him that advice. Let's be honest, none of his current so called "Friends" in The Enterprise will be man enough to give him that advice because they NEED Daniel Bryan. Do you think Robert Roode would be the World Champion right now if he didn't just use Daniel to rise up to the top?  Those guys need Daniel Bryan here to remain relevant. So just like the leaches they are, they'll wait until they've got every last drop out of Daniel that they can. They'd happily see Daniel Bryan leave in a wheel chair as long as it helped their careers! They're all selfish... I'm not like that. I am not a selfish man, that's why I tried to help Daniel out. But it's pretty clear, he didn't want my help and he didn't listen to my advice. But when Edge pulled me aside and told me Daniel wanted another match next week.... I happily accepted that match.  

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] HiYv24p

[Sami Zayn]
I didn't accept that match for me, I did it for Daniel. It instantly became clear to me that Daniel isn't just going to ride off into the sunset, so if somebody needs to take him out to finally finish this for him...It has to be me. Everybody else wants to do it to further their careers, but not me. I'm only doing this to help Daniel, I want to help him realise that his best days are behind him.  I want him to realise it's time to give up Daniel Bryan...and just be Bryan Danielson. So next week, I will step into this ring one final time with Daniel Bryan. But the main story here...is that this will be Daniel Bryan's retirement match! So I hope you all will join me one last time for a final....

Sami Zayn drops the microphone, before moving his arms at his side in the "Yes! motion he begins to throw his arms up in the air chanting "YES!" with every motion...The crowd however are not having any of this. They don't join in with the chant, Sami moves around the ring continuing to chant "YES!" trying to get the crowd involved.  Suddenly more and more "YES!" chants break out across the arena. Zayn now with a huge smile on his face thinking he's get the crowd  joining in his chant.....

Zayn turns around to try get the crowd behind him more even more involved....Then seemingly out of no where Daniel Bryan runs at him with a huge flying knee! The power of the knee turns Sami Zayn inside out as he flips around with the pure force of the flying knee!

The crowd has erupted with huge cheers and "YES!" chants. Zayn rolls out of the ring, leaving Daniel Bryan stood alone in the ring possibly more fired up than we've seen him in some time.  The "YES!" chants continue as Daniel Bryan is stood in centre of the ring. The crowd clearly wanting Daniel to join in on the chants, they get louder and louder.

Daniel Bryan stands in the centre of the ring unsure of what to do... looking around the crowd as every single member of the audience is now chanting "YES!"

Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 1:42 pm

[ Normal Match ]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] ZxOnWN4 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] MzoTJLp

Seven nights ago, following a well deserved victory, Tommaso Ciampa made his presence felt when he assaulted the victorious Kevin Owens. While his intentions were clear, his reasoning wasn't, causing the question to be in everybody's mind: Why, Ciampa? The other half of this match is in a similar vein. Randy Orton's been stalking various male and female Superstars over the past number of weeks, his actions causing the XWL locker room to keep their head on a swivel. Last week, I opted to keep Orton's opponent a surprise for his own safety, this week? I opted for the opposite treatment due to the sheer anger emanating from Kevin, the type of anger that would make you a fool to attack him after the mood he's been in the past week. However, if anybody could manipulate this into an advantage, it would be Randy Orton, who let's not forget, forcibly removed Jon Moxley from The Enterprise for the time being when he punted him in the skull at Final Stand. With this match made official, the question now becomes: Who does Kevin Owens focus his attention on? Does he focus on the task at hand and leave himself open to Ciampa's lack of mercy, or does he focus on getting revenge on Ciampa for his assault the week prior and fall victim to an RKO outta nowhere? Or perhaps, Orton is the one that needs to watch his back?

WINNER:

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] MzoTJLp

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 1:46 pm

[[ Normal Match ]]

[[ Non-Title ]]

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 06xZrGY 1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 2TxSmxn

"What do you get when you throw the two most hated Men in Canada against one another? One hell of a conflicted crowd, even more conflicted than they've been lately as they've rallied the return of The "YES" movement. But you also get a former World Heavyweight Champion facing The NEW World Champion that ironically enough won his title via a shocking moment much like Zayn when he cashed in Money In The Bank. On top of that? You throw Sami Zayn a man that's had troubles with The Enterprise, in there with a member of The Enterprise...arguably their head honcho now that he's the only one among them with gold around his waist. A man that helped lead an ambush on Zayn in the parking lot last month and I know Sami's been waiting for his moment to get revenge for that...so with all of these factors in mind...booking this match tonight was an absolute no brainer. Especially considering both Sami Zayn and Daniel Bryan Bryan have requested a rematch at High Octane next week...so can you think of a more appropriate match to lead into that?"

/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\

SPOILERS AHEAD

/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\

The crowd goes "mild" as the bell rings, and this battle of Canada's "most hated" falls in the favor of our World Heavyweight Champion. At this point the only reason there are any cheers at all is because a match between two men that turned their back on Canada is over...but there certainly wasn't a favorite heading into this encounter, not even close. Sure maybe having Zayn pin Roode given Roode's been on their shit list longer might have been the preferred outcome? But even that's hard to be sure of due to Sami's antics lately that have led to The XWL Universe to begin rallying behind Daniel Bryan again...the very man that began his success at last by denouncing and "killing" the YES movement. But while their reaction is leaving a lot to be desired from The World Champion he doesn't let that stifle his obnoxious need to celebrate as he pops up off of Sami and stands out in front of him as the official raises his hand.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] WPrHtqE

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
Robert Roode VICTORIOUS over Sami Zayn tonight and you have to believe he feels pretty GLORIOUS right now adding yet another name to the list of men he has beaten since last September.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
Absolutely, while Robert is certainly not the easiest Superstar to respect due to his character at times, you have to respect his ability in that ring and the success it has brought him within that time.

[[Corey Graves]]
Not just any victory though, a victory over Daniel Bryan's recent rival, the man that defeated The Corporate Dragon on the grandest stage of them all and meets Bryan in a rematch next week at High Octane.

He soon pulls his hand away from the official and barks orders at him to retrieve his title, to which the official rolls his eyes and leaves the ring to adhere to his demands. But while he's doing so the camera pans out to see none other than Renee Young on the outside of the ring standing on the apron making her way into the squared circle with a mic in hand. Roode grabs at the back of his head likely from when Sami spiked his head right into the mat with a DDT earlier in the match but while he may be feeling a little loopy from that he ultimately pushed through as he always seems to and delivered a DDT of his own that allowed his glory in this ring to continue. While he nurses his slight wound, Renee approaches The Glorious One.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] JEVUI78

[[Renee Young]]
Bobby, congratulations on your victory tonight over Sami Zayn. It's been a whirlwind for yourself and The Enterprise as a whole the last three weeks...what did tonight's victory mean to you?

[[[Robert Roode]]]
What did it mean?

He pauses, catching his breath and wiping the sweat from off of his brow.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Q1fxjTy

[[[Robert Roode]]]
It means that The Enterprise? Is STILL making good on its promises to collect every debt that is owed to us, no matter who you are...or what you've done...you will PAY like everyone soon does.  You see, at Final Stand I collected the debt against "Limitless Lee" he robbed US of The World Heavyweight Championship...and I restored order, I brought justice to the "grandest stage of them all" and I shocked the world and our FORMER Champion! In fact, I shook him to his core so much...that he hasn't even bothered showing his sad little face around here the last TWO weeks!

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] 11LboFy

[[[Robert Roode]]]
Isn't that sad? Did I wallow in my own self pity after he ended my undefeated streak? What about after he defeated me in our rematch many months later? No! I didn't let it stop me from beating everyone else in my path to eventually finding my way back across that ring from him for a third time...and yes Ladies and Gentlemen...the third time was very much so "the charm." But where is our dear Keith Lee now? For the second week in a row he's at home crying his eyes out over the loss of his "glory"...glory that never belonged to him to begin with. He STOLE The World Heavyweight Championship from Daniel Bryan...and I simply brought it back where it belongs. So Keith, if you're watching at home with a dozen empty cartons of Ben and Jerry's surrounding you, listening to sad songs as you stare tortuously into a portrait of you the night you captured The World Heavyweight Championship? I have one simple message for you, when you're done crying about your loss? I'll be here, ready to give you something to cry about!

His mocking of one of the most popular Superstars in XWL today has only caused the boos to grow much greater in quantity and much louder as they split into straight up boos and a "Keith Lee" chant.  

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] XOebOiA

[[[Robert Roode]]]
Meanwhile here I am, doing the work of a Champion, leaving a former World Heavyweight Champion at my feet tonight as I collect the debt Sami Zayn incurred at Final Stand when he got got LUCKY against Daniel Bryan. Well as we can clearly see? His lucks run out, and next week? He's headed straight for the slaughterhouse against my man Daniel and he'll pay for that debt two times over. But Renee, I'm not here to brag about beating Sami Zayn...this victory? Was a message more than anything else...not to him as to what's to come next week when he's reduced to ash courtesy of The Corporate Dragon's fire...no, but to another man...a man that committed the biggest atrocity there is when he took out one of our own!

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] MKKzrE6

[[[Robert Roode]]]
At Final Stand after lurking in the shadows, stalking his prey...and filling every room he was in with uneasiness? The Apex Predator struck...and he chose POORLY! You attacked Jon Moxley after his victory, mind you...when I was in the restroom so I couldn't come to the aid of my fallen friend. Then, you took it one step further...and you PUNTED him in the head! A night where I would later become The NEW World Heavyweight Champion...and my celebration wouldn't include Jon Moxley as we threw our middle fingers in the air to everyone that doubted what The Enterprise was capable of! No, there was no celebration to be had after what you did to him. You think you're sly, don't you? Lurking in the shadows, finding that perfect moment to "strike" your unsuspecting victim...but here's your problem.

His eyes look up as his face is full of tension, as if in this moment right now he's thinking about Randy Orton, and what he wants to do to him after his dastardly actions at Final Stand.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] WfGha0O

[[[Robert Roode]]]
You didn't just come after any "prey" you came after someone that has very powerful friends...friends that look after their own. And if he can't collect the debt against you himself right now? Well unfortunately for you, I can!  Now this whole "out of nowhere" thing isn't really my style. I prefer to be more direct, so next week? Forget about stalking people in the hallway, forget about signing the breasts of a fan in an airport as a "happily" married man...forget about running your mouth about deserving The World Heavyweight Championship...and slither your sorry ass into this ring because if you wanted the attention of The World Heavyweight Champion? Congratulations, you've got it...and just like I beat Sami tonight? Next week? Randy...you won't have to worry about going after the rematch you never got when Mox ended your last reign as World Heavyweight Champion...

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] DvVSfF2

[[[Robert Roode]]]
Because not only are you NOT going to beat me? But I'm going to save my buddy the trouble and cut the head off the snake myself!

With that very powerful final line, he sweeps his fist across his throat in one fluid motion, delivering a gesture that goes right along with what he just said. Clearly The Enterprise isn't about to let one of their own get taken out without repercussions...and for Randy Orton? His debts coming up next week at High Octane, courtesy of Robert Roode. After staring into the camera as if he were looking directly at Orton himself? Roode walks past Renee giving her a nod that says "I'm gonna avenge our guy" then goes up to the referee who stood there with his World title that entire time and snatches it out of his hands as he thrusts it into the air for all to see, whether they're the audience in attendance, Keith Lee...or Randy Orton himself.

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
Robert Roode looking to settle up ALL the debts against The Enterprise!

[[Beth Phoenix]]
I'm not sure how wise it is to go after a man who struck when everyone least expected it...and took out one of our toughest Superstars in this company....but I suppose I have to commend him for not letting that go unanswered.

[[Corey Graves]]
Unlike Randy Orton? Robert Roode isn't a coward-

[[Beth Phoenix]]
Well, that's subjective...

[[Corey Graves]]
Do you mind? Now as I was saying...unlike Randy Orton? Robert Roode is no coward. He faces his opposition head on, no lurking in the shadows-

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
Corey The Enterprise along with Robert Roode ambushed Sami Zayn in the parking lot last month...

[[Corey Graves]]
You know I don't talk over you two...

[[Beth Phoenix]]
I mean accuracy is important...yes, what Randy did was horribly tragic...but The Enterprise weren't exactly saints themselves before that. They just finally had a predator that would strike when they least expected it.

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
Nonetheless, it has been two weeks since Jon Moxley was punted by Randy Orton following his victory at Final Stand...and next week...Roode's looking to make Orton pay for that very dastardly deed.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
Let's hope Robert Roode knows what he's signed up for, if he wants the match we'll book it...but I'm not sure a newly crowned World Champion should be putting himself at risk like this. He's had a running streak of never losing his titles in the traditional sense...and not that I doubt his ability in there with Randy Orton given he has been on an incredible run...but as we saw with Moxley? That punt is deadly...and he's one punt away from having his World Title reign brought to an untimely end...

[[Corey Graves]]
Well as that deranged Woman in the airport said, TICK TOCK...the clock is ticking and time has run out for Randy Orton next week when he faces Robert Roode!

Back to top Go down
Oreo
Mid Card
Oreo

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 4:30 pm

As Octane returns from commercial break, we see Corey Graves standing in the ring. He stands on a black carpeted ring with a black cloth covered table set up in front of him. On each side of the table sit black office chairs. Graves lifts a black bag from the table. He unzips it, revealing the Intercontinental Championship. Propping up the prestigious belt next to a clipboard, Graves takes his microphone and begins to speak.

-Corey Graves-
Ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for the moment you have all been waiting for. After months of name-calling... After months of attacks... After one very special match... these two bitter rivals will go head-to-head one more time, but this time? This time the stakes have been raised by the general manager and owner of XWL Edge as next week at High Octane, 'Hangman' Adam Page will once again clash against 'The Bastard' PAC but this time it will be to decide the fate of the vacant Intercontinental Championship. So without any further ado let's get these two gentlemen to the ring.

Graves turns toward the entrance ramp. He holds out a hand, directing the fan's attention toward the stage.

-Corey Graves-
Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for one of the fastest rising stars here in XWL.... He is The Hangman... ADAM PAGE!

The guitar riff that the fans have now become accustomed to begins to play, causing the thousands in attendance to get to their feet and begin to chant the word “Hangman!!!”

-Mauro Ranallo-
Can you believe that just a month ago “Hangman” Adam Page was nothing more than a Reality TV Show Winner.. Now he has this whole crowd chanting his name!!

-Beth Phoenix-
And not only that, he also is going to be fighting for the Intercontinental Championship next week!! The same title that our World Champion held just a few nights ago!!! That’s crazy!!

The crowd goes wild as “Hangman” marches out onto the stage, stopping at the beginning of the ramp to look out towards the crowd. He nods his head and smiles, before marching down the ramp, giving out high fives along the way.

-Mauro Ranallo-
What a class act!

”Hangman” walks up the ramp and steps through the ropes. He immediately climbs the closest turnbuckle and looks out towards the crowd, soaking in the cheers with a smile. He raises his arm, causing the cheers to grow even louder. Finally he hops down and walks over to Corey Graves, saying something that the camera can’t pick up. The two laugh, but the type of laugh you do out of respect, not friendship. They then shake hands and Corey hands “Hangman” a mic.

-Corey Graves-
Welcome “Hangman” Adam Page!! Congratulations on being chosen for the next Intercontinental Championship Match!! That must be a huge honor and surprise for you!! I know that I couldn’t believe it when Edge announced that you would be facing PAC for the title!! How do you feel??

”Hangman” Adam Page
How do I feel? Do you hear that??

Page points out towards the cheering crowd.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] YzKVWsU

”Hangman” Adam Page
I feel great Corey!! How could I not feel great when I’m a part of the greatest company in this industry, being cheered on by the greatest fans that all of sports entertainment has to offer!!

The crowd pops once more as “Hangman” points out towards them, shouting “thank you!!”

-Corey Graves-
Well this next man really needs no introduction... ever since returning he has made each and every one of you hate him. He might just be the most hated man on the XWL roster, but that's just the way he wants it. Ladies and gentlemen, he is The Bastard... PAC!

The voice of a shouting PAC is heard around the arena.

"I...

...AM A BASTARD!"

Fireworks fill the stage for a moment and light blinds the fans in attendance as The Bastard's new tune begins to play.

After making Hangman and Graves wait for his theme song to play out a bit, The Bastard finally shows his face. As the boos begin to rain down, The Bastard gives a look of disdain to the audience.

1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] VqTrp2H

He looks toward Hangman Page now and storms down the ramp.

-Mauro Ranallo-
PAC doesn't look to be in a great mood tonight

-Beth Phoenix-
What do you mean?! When has he ever been in a good mood?

PAC slides under the bottom rope and springs back up to his feet. Standing in the ring now, PAC stares down Hangman Page. PAC's theme song fades out as the two rivals stare each other down now.

-Mauro Ranallo-
You could cut this tension with a knife...

We see Graves raise the microphone to his mouth but before he gets a chance to speak, PAC reaches down to the black cloth covered table and picks up a pen laying on the contract. Graves looks on confused as PAC begins signing his name on the dotted line.

-Corey Graves-
Uh... PAC? Don't you want to hear what Hangman has chosen for his stipulation before you...

PAC finishes signing his name. He picks up a microphone and begins yelling at Corey Graves.

The Bastard
PAC
I don't give a damn what this wannabe professional wrestler has chosen for some silly stipulation! This whole contract signing is a joke! Edge wants to parade us out here in front of all these ungrateful pieces of shit...

The Ottawa fans don't take too kindly to The Bastard's words as they begin to boo the man. Hangman sighs, not surprised by PAC's words.

The Bastard
PAC
He parades us out here to have a contract signing that we could have easily had in the back, just so he can give all these people the illusion that this title actually means something. I mean, come on! Robert Roode may have acted... ACTED... disappointed when he had to "surrender" the Intercontinental Championship, but he couldn't have been happier without it just a few minutes later dancing around with the World Heavyweight Championship... A REAL CHAMPIONSHIP! I will humor Edge... I will humor this jackass across the table and fight for this little middle of the card paper weight here.

After these words from PAC, being The Bastard he is, he smacks the Intercontinental Championship off the table. The audience looks on shocked, as we see Corey Graves quickly drop down to a knee to recover the fallen championship, holding it now before any more damage is done to the title. This action does not go over well with Hangman Page.

”Hangman” Adam Page
Really?? That’s how you treat the Intercontinental Title?? Do you know who has held that Championship PAC?? I know that you think you’re “all that and a bag of chips”, but that Title has been proudly worn by wrestlers who would make you look like.. Well, you’d look like a fan compared to them.. Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Matt Sydal, Shawn Michaels, the list goes on and on… I know these things, and I respect that title… Because I am a fan.. I’m a fan of XWL, I’m a fan of The Intercontinental Title, I’m a fan of all of this, just like each and every person sitting in the arena or watching at home.. I’m just like them, and I couldn’t be more proud about it..

PAC rolls his eyes as the crowd chants “Hangman”’s name.

”Hangman” Adam Page
But I’m not just your “average fan” PAC.. No.. I’m a six foot, two hundred fifteen pound Cowboy who you made the stupid decision of pissing off.. And you know what that means PAC??.. It means that come High Octane.. You better prepare yourself for some Cowboy Shit..

Hangman's words don't seem to phase PAC at all as he simply smirks, pulls out his chair, and takes a seat. As both men take their seat, the crowd begins to chant “Cowboy Shit”. Graves waits a few moments for the chants to subside before he begins to speak once more.

-Corey Graves-
Gentlemen, after this show goes off the air, these fans will have the opportunity to vote on what stipulation your match-up will be at High Octane. We already know that our general manager has chosen option A, a ladder match. So before we get to the stipulations you two have chosen, I would like to open this up to a forum of sorts... a Q and A if you will. So I will ask the question to The Bastard first. PAC, how would you fare in a ladder match against The Hangman?

PAC shakes his head now and rolls his eyes.

The Bastard
PAC
This is the main event of the show and we're having a bloody Q and A? You've got to be kidding me. It doesn't matter what the stipulation is, I am going to destroy this man. What happened at Final Stand does not matter. The fact at the end of the day is this man is still a rookie. This man is still unsure of himself. He can say whatever he wants about me but just like these fans, his opinion does not matter. You really want to know what I will do to this man in a ladder match? I am going to take this man's head, place it between the legs of the ladder. I will go to the top rope and squash his dumb little head like a grape. By the end of that match, this man's brains will be spread across this canvas.

Graves looks at PAC with wide eyes, shocked at the detail The Bastard just gave. We see PAC place his microphone gently on the table. He stares coldly into the eyes of Hangman Page.

-Corey Graves-
Well that was... disturbing. Uh... Hangman, how would you fare?

”Hangman” Adam Page
You know I once had a woman try to do that to me once in a bar out in Georgia.. Big Bertha was her name.. Oh Bertha… Anyways.. What was the question? How would I fare in a ladder match?.. Honestly Corey, it doesn’t matter if it’s a Ladders Match, a Chairs Match, a Tables Match, hell it can be a TLC match for all I care.. As long as I can get my hands on that Bastard and make him pay for what he did to Christian, for what he did to me at Final Stand, and for what he’s done to me since I’ve debuted here in XWL for that matter.. As long as I can get justice for everyone that this Bastard has wronged this past month.. Then I’ll be happy.. If it’s a Ladders Match then you better believe that you’re going to be seeing a brawl before anyone goes to grab that Ti…

Hangman is interrupted.

The Bastard
PAC
That is where you are wrong, Adam. There are levels to this game, little boy. Use a ladder as an example. You are at the very bottom rung, while I have already exceeded the very top rung. I should already be champion and not some lousy middle of the card champion, I should be the World Heavyweight Champion or at least the number one contender right now but Keith Lee got lucky at the last High Octane and Robert Roode got even luckier after that. Adam, you are just another victim that will be added to your own imaginary list of "everyone this Bastard has wronged". You have once again let you delusions cloud the inevitable. There will be no brawl. You, Adam, will have no glory. Should these cretins decide this will be a ladder match... I am going to crush your skull, climb the ladder, rip down the Intercontinental Championship then toss it in the waste bin where it belongs!

Graves takes back control of things.

-Corey Graves-
Well guys, that was Edge's stipulation option. Now let's get to the stipulations that you two have chosen. Hangman Page we will start with you and the people want to know... what stipulation have you chosen and why?

”Hangman” Adam Pages looks out towards the crowd and grins.

”Hangman” Adam Page
I remember just a few months ago I was sitting out there, in the crowd, cheering along with the rest of the XWL Universe.. I used to stay up all night thinking of what to write on the sign that I would bring, I used to wake up super early the morning before just so that I could make it to the meet and greets before the show started, I used to be a fan, Corey.. I still am.. Which is why I know how exciting it is to see your favorite superstars up close and in person. Hell, even now when I’m walking down the hallways and I see someone like Goldberg or Edge pass by I can’t help but freak out a little bit on the inside.. Oh man, and when I saw Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker backstage at Final Stand, just a few yards away from me.. All I can say is, well there’s no greater feeling in the world Corey.. And there’s no greater place to be a fan than here in the XWL!! And there’s no greater place to be a superstar then here in the XWL, because of the fans!!! It’s just this wonderful cycle.. Until someone like PAC comes around and threatens to throw the Intercontinental Championship in a trash can.,,

The crowd, who have been cheering louder and louder with every word that “Hangman” was saying, quickly change their tune at the mention of The Bastard, booing as loud as they can.

”Hangman” Adam Page
Now I know that I might not be as exciting to see up close and personal as Brock Lesnar.. And whether PAC will admit it or not he’s just simply not on the same level as The Undertaker..

PAC angrily raises his mic to retort, but “Hangman” talks over him, looking back out to the crowd as he speaks.

”Hangman” Adam Page
But… Although I can’t promise you The Undertaker or Brock Lesnar up close and personal.. What I can do is offer a match type that would give you the opportunity of seeing myself and PAC as up close and personal as possible… More specifically, a match type that would give you the opportunity of seeing me kick PAC’s ass up and down this arena, as up close and personal as possible.. Because the stipulation that I decided on… Is a Falls Count Anywhere Match!!!

The crowd lets out a pop at the thought of “Hangman” and PAC fighting all over the arena.

”Hangman” Adam Page
Just a month ago I was a fan, so I think it would be fitting for me to pin PAC out in the crowd amongst all of my fellow fans!!! How does that sound, huh???.. Do you all want to see me do some Cowboy Shit all over the arena at High Octane?!?? Do you want me to pin PAC out there, amongst all of you, amongst all of my fellow fans!!?!?!? Does that sound good to y’all?

The crowd begins to chant “Cowboy Shit” once again, clearly loving the idea of PAC being embarrassed by losing to a “fan” amongst all the fans. “Hangman” looks over to Corey and smiles.

”Hangman” Adam Page
And the best part about a Falls Count Anywhere Match, is that if I get thirsty, I can just ask one of the fans to Hand Me A Beer!!!!!

-Corey Graves-
That’s not very sanitary Adam… PAC, your response?

Slowly, The Bastard drags his microphone from the table.

The Bastard
PAC
The spotlight has blinded you, Adam. The attention you're getting has rotted your mind. The kind words from media outlets has gone to your head... so much to the point that you actually believe in yourself. You actually believe that you've made it. So you want these people to vote for some Falls Count Anywhere stipulation? Big fucking deal. I will beat you in this ring, I will beat you outside of this ring. If anything, your little stipulation would play right into my hand, Adam. You only know the ring. I have experienced nearly every match type throughout my career! With this match type, you have opened up a million ways I could defeat you.

PAC surprises Hangman and Grave by springing out of his chair. We see PAC turn his back to Hangman Page as he makes his way over to the ropes on the hard cam side of the ring. As The Bastard leans against the ropes, he looks out into the crowd. He continues.

The Bastard
PAC
I could beat you in this ring, sure... but what would be the fun in that when I would have many more options in a Falls Count Anywhere? I could force you to the entrance set up, drag you by your hair to the very top and toss you off, sending you crash head first through the stage... I could drag you to the parking garage, strap you to the grill of one of the production trucks and crash it head-on into a wall. I could take you to the rooftop of the arena and...

Hangman has heard enough as he interrupts The Bastard. We see him pop up from his chair now.

”Hangman” Adam Page
Oh yeah??!? Then why don’t you?? Huh?!? I’m right here Mother Trucker!! You think that I’m scared of you?!?!! Well I’m not, and I came prepared… You won’t be able to get out of a fight with me the same way that you did at Final Stand.. Not this time.

”Hangman” knocks his knuckles on his private region.

”Hangman” Adam Page
That’s right.. I’m wearing a cup.. You probably don’t know what that is seeing as you’re not only spineless, but also lacking in the testicular region.. If you’re going to want to fight me.. Whether it be in a parking garage.. A rooftop.. A Ladders Match.. Or even right here, right now... It’s going to be a fair fight.. No low blows this time.. You probably don’t even know the definition of a fair fight, do you PAC??!?... Why don’t we clear this table out of the ring and find out, isn’t that what everyone is waiting for???

The crowd goes wild until Graves steps in between the two men now, not wanting this contract signing to escalate any further.

-Corey Graves-
Gentlemen, gentlemen, please..If we could be civil about this. We still have one more match stipulation to be revealed. PAC...

PAC cuts off Graves.

The Bastard
PAC
THE BASTARD! I AM THE BASTARD!

Graves shows a look that appears to be a mix of confusion and fear as PAC is now yelling directly in his face.

-Corey Graves-
O....K. 'The Bastard' PAC, what stipulation have you chosen?

PAC pushes the chest of Corey Graves, sending the commentator stumbling backward. PAC wants to be face to face with his rival.

The Bastard
PAC
My stipulation is simple... I chose this match stipulation because I've already destroyed you with this weapon at Final Stand. I am choosing a tables match... but not just any tables match. Adam, when I put you through that table at Final Stand, I only heard one thing... and that was the sound of you wheezing. The sound of you gasping for air. The sounds of your groans due to the agonizing pain I put you through... but this time? This time I want to hear you scream. Not a scream out of fear, but a scream of anguish! I want you to scream from the suffering that you will feel from being BURNED ALIVE!

We see the confusion on faces throughout the arena. We see confusion from Hangman Page as well.

-Beth Phoenix-
WHAT?!

The Bastard continues.

The Bastard
PAC
That's right, Adam! I want you in a Flaming Tables Match! Should these peasants pick this stipulation, I am going to take great pleasure in watching you cry out for help after I drive you face-first into a burning table. After I'm done with you, each and every last one of these people will have smelled your burning flesh as I will have my arm raised in victory and use that little paper weight of a championship as a stepping stone to more GLORIOUS opportunities!

PAC drops his microphone. As the mic hits the canvas, static fills speakers around the arena before the microphone is turned off by the production team. We see Corey Graves looking disgusted by PAC's words once again.

-Corey Graves-
Wow... umm... Hangman? How would you fare in a Flaming Tables Match against 'The Bastard' PAC?

”Hangman” goes to raise his mic but PAC smacks it out of his hand. It also falls to the canvas with a loud thud. The mic causes a high pitch tone to ring throughout the arena before also being turned off by the production team. Adam Page looks down towards the microphone of the ground.. He then slowly raises his head until he is staring into the eyes of PAC.. The Bastard begins to shout in “Hangman’s” face, but we can’t pick up what he is saying.

PAC puts a finger into “Hangman’s” chest and pushes lightly, causing the crowd to “ohh”.. “Hangman” calmly nods his head as PAC continues to shout at him, once again poking him in the chest, this time much harder.. “Hangman” still doesn’t seem phased, calmly glaring down at his opponent for next week.. The Bastard angrily shoves Adam, this time causing the crowd give a mix of boos and “oooh”’s as “The Hangman” stumbles a step back.

-Corey Graves-
Gentlem-

PAC like a flash, quickly turns his attention to Corey. Similar to what happened to the referee at Final Stand, The Bastard plants a stiff forearms to the jaw, sending the commentator falling to the ground.

-Beth Phoenix-
HEY!

-Mauro Ranallo-
WHAT THE HELL?!

The Bastard turns back towards Adam, only to be hit with a boot to the gut!! “Hangman” lifts PAC high into the air, and Powerbombs “The Bastard” right through the table!!!!... The crowd goes wild as “Hangman” rolls to a knee, looking over at Corey who is still sitting on the ground, holding his jaw from PAC's attack. Adam Page grabs the clipboard holding The Intercontinental Championship Match Contract out of the debris of the table, as well as the pen. He quickly signs his name and tosses the contract over to Corey, who fumbles with it before clutching it tight. “The Hangman” then snatches the microphone that Corey dropped when PAC knocked him down earlier.

”Hangman” Adam Page
To answer your question Corey, that’s how I would fare in a Flaming Tables Match against “The Bastard” PAC… Except with fire…

Adam Page drops the mic and climbs the turnbuckle to soak up the crowd’s cheers.

-Beth Phoenix-
Wow!! What an explosive Contract Signing!!

-Mauro Ranallo-
I can’t wait and see what the fans vote for!! Will it be a Ladders Match?!?!? A Falls Count Anywhere Match!!??! Or a Flaming Tables Match!!?!

-Beth Phoenix-
Well if it’s a Flaming Tables Match, PAC better hope that it doesn’t end the same way that tonight ended for him!!!

-Mauro Ranallo-
Well I for one wouldn't mind seeing “The Bastard” get a taste of his own medicine!! And what a feel good moment it would be watching Adam Page hold that Intercontinental Championship high above his head!!

-Beth Phoenix-
Well that very well could be what happens next week at High Octane!! Or it might be “The Bastard” walking out with the Title, and.. Throwing it in the trash can??

-Mauro Ranallo-
We’ll have to wait and see next week what the fans vote on!! I can’t wait!! Power to the People!!! We’ll see you all then!!

Octane comes to a close to “Hangman” Adam Page standing outside of the ring, enjoying a beer that was handed to him by one of the fans.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]   1 - [[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[[[XWL Octane: 5/20/2020 - 5/27/2020]]]
Page 1 of 1