Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

[[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]

Go down 
+4
KingWolf
Plus
Zack
P.R Son
8 posters
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Empty
PostSubject: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 5:00 pm

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] UPlibvA

LIVE FROM: Bell MTS Place in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
ARENA FOR MATCHES: LA Hall

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] IFWeK29

Notes From The General Manager's Office:

"I was watching back through last week's show because with all of the action and drama it's easy for something to get lost in the shuffle. Of course I saw Kevin Owens' impassioned speech and I've seen big things in his future so it's great to see him putting himself out there and saying what he wants. But no matter what you say or how you say it? You're always gonna piss someone off somehow, even if their name is mentioned for a fraction of a second. Case in point, Jon Moxley. Somehow I missed one of Mox's infamous "shoots" and trust me Beth isn't going to let me live that one down. But one of my favorite qualities of Jon is that he just doesn't give a shit. He will call out whoever, whenever, even if his plate is full, even if it's literally spilling over...he won't bite his tongue he'll chomp down onto whichever poor soul drew his ire. While Owens wasn't successful against Daniel Bryan last week...last I checked his arm is very much still in tact, and transparency here...Jon literally marched into my office about five hours ago and said "So do I have this son of a bitch or not?" And I mean with such a pleasant request like that who was I to deny him? So tonight two Men who LOVE to fight, in completely different ways will indeed FIGHT"

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 195NWMd

"For the first episode of Octane over a month ago I wanted to spotlight two of my first signings that had the brightest of futures...it was something I was so proud to see from all of their hard work to their passion...but given that they aren't as seasoned as others and the bright lights caused them to go too big too quickly...things went horribly wrong. For one month, they have not been seen, updates have been promised but it's been a very troubling situation to say the least. But I am so proud that Ilja Dragunov is BACK tonight ready to re-start his XWL career by issuing an Open Challenge. He may have knocked himself off of the horse before but he's ready to hop back on! Who will take him up on his challenge as he looks to begin again his XWL career. "

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] V4zKkxe

"Last week Becky Lynch was triumphant in her return to the ring defeating Former North American Championship Challenger Sarah Logan while Mia scored a victory of her own when she returned to competition against a fellow North American Title Contender herself, Ruby Riott. They both impressed me, as I'm sure they impressed all of you and with a little over a month until Final Stand and the conversation still wide open? Tonight could be where they seal their fates so what better way to achieve that than by facing each other? "

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] UAj9ooO

"About a month ago WALTER put a stop to a beat down by The Miz and John Morrison and given the most endearing qualities of the hosts of The Dirt Sheet...they certainly haven't let him forget about meddling in their business. Even going as far as organizing an exclusive "interview" with him at Aftershock for the first live edition of their show. Naturally WALTER himself didn't take too kindly to the mock display and nearly powerbombed John Morrison right out of his palace of wisdom. But The Miz saved the day and he was spared that fate...however, seeing as it is High Octane...I'm supposed to provide the biggest matches possible, and I'd say WALTER finally getting his hands on John Morrison after all of the remarks made against him is pretty big."

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] EpTFTOO

"Before Seth Rollins and Jon Moxley had dug up that battered old shield and all of the issues that laid dormant under it...I thought these two crazy kids could make it work and bring the band...or I guess "THE SHIELD" back together. Seth seemed willing, so I booked them in Tag-Team action against the reunited John Morrison and The Miz. Of course as you can tell by Rollins and Moxley trying to rip each other a new one in the previous weeks...that match didn't exactly resolve those issues, no it kicked everything off. Jon had no interest in being "buddies" with Seth anymore and the moment he hopped off the apron and left Seth high and dry? John Morrison but most specifically The Miz wasted little time in taking advantage of Seth's then handicapped state and a Skull Crushing Finale was all she wrote. So tonight Seth gets his rematch against the man who took advantage of his deserted state, what will happen? Well, while both are among the best there's also about three people that could try to get involved in things so I may not know WHAT will happen but I know I really wanna find out. "

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 4gGjIZ5

"As we navigate this crazy new world where we have TWO North American Champions...I've been keeping a close eye on the division and our pair of Champions to figure out what awaits them at Final Stand. So naturally when they were dropping names and giving their thoughts during A Moment Of Bliss? I listened, I took notes...and one Superstar and The Pirate Princess seemed unsure of the merit of referring to them as such, was Britt Baker. That according to Kairi? Isn't all that "interesting." Naturally I saw this as an opportunity to play matchmaker like she did back in April of last year with her friends and thought why not allow Kairi and Britt to formally introduce themselves to each other in a match? And don't worry Britt, while I know one Japanese Superstar nearly choked the life out of you on the ramp last week...I'm about 75% sure Kairi won't try anything like that...besides, as The Winner Of The Superstar Hunt? There's big things in your future, and that might depending on your performance tonight include a shot at The North American Championship."

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 7BjlDcg

"11 months ago Alexa Bliss was introduced to Io Shirai in an impromptu match setup by her best friend Kairi who wanted to give both Women an opportunity have a spotlight on Pay-Per-View. For Alexa it was a chance to showcase her ability as she fought to receive a North American title opportunity...for Io? It was her first chance to show XWL what she was made of...and long story short, they did not disappoint. As a victorious Alexa grabbed a mic and commended Io for the match they just had...she said something that really is the entire reason I'm pairing them up tonight...she hoped that they could do it again after she becomes North American Champion. Well, I'm in the business of making hopes and dreams come true. So while she's certainly a lot more dark and mysterious since the last time you fought don't worry about having to say her name three times...she'll be right in front of you tonight. No need to thank me."

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] LR4v4H2

"You know, after the way Daniel Bryan told off the fans last year, I thought I'd never hear another crowd chant his name again. That is until 'Canada's Hero' Sami Zayn returned last week and drew the ire of his own so badly...that they forgot about everything Bryan said previously and deemed him to be the lesser of the two 'evils' as you'd call it. It was insane, I almost said Inzayn but I didn't. Hearing them trade words? Hearing the shots taken between them? This may be a new development but it is certainly an exciting one. A challenge was issued and suddenly High Octane just got bigger with Sami Zayn's return to the ring tonight to quote unquote 'easily' beat The Former World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan. "

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] ACwnkEK

"Keith Lee may have avoided having to defend his newly attained World Title this evening but for Champions? There is no such thing as a "night off" when it comes to High Octane. There are lots of matches tonight with history and stories to them but ultimately I want to provide incredible matches. PAC had an incredible performance against John Morrison last week and while the fans aren't enjoying his new outlook on his career? I admire the hustle, the grit, the focus...he's stepping up and going after what he wants...even if that's my best friend's new client...Pac is here to make a splash and when I think of opponents I could pair him with? Man, imagine someone like KEITH LEE facing him? Both have qualities that NEITHER should realistically have. Keith is freaking athletic as hell and I don't know how, THAT is what is so enthralling about him. Meanwhile on the opposite end, PAC is SO STRONG! So you have both possessing freakish strength and athleticism and then you factor in that Keith Lee is one of XWL's most beloved Superstars and PAC is...well, that hated 'bastard' and you have literally everything you could ever want in a match."

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] LkGQEvG

TWO years Liv Morgan and Sasha Banks have been entangled within each other's careers and honestly there's far too many details to mention. From a deception seeded start to their friendship, to the truth setting their bond free and leading to a rivalry...to a reconciliation described as "toxic" to more deception and lies. It's something everyone in some way shape or form can relate to. A bond that you know isn't good for you, yet somehow you keep going back to it and expecting a different result and with these two? Granted, it has been a different result. The deception wheel keeps landing on each of them and that cycle just repeats over and over in somehow thrilling and upsetting ways. Sasha Banks is no stranger to broken friendships but considering this broken friendship involves a very...'stable' Liv Morgan? This has truly been difficult for any of us to predict or think we know where it's heading. Sasha of course was the latest to pull the wool over Morgan's eyes capturing The Women's Championship at Aftershock...and that deception did not go without a serious casualty to their war, The Women's Title itself.  Tonight they clash over the newly resigned Women's Championship and all I can really say is...hopefully this title regardless of the outcome stays clear of large bodies of water I really don't wanna have to ask someone how to install a flotation device onto it...but I'm just rambling at this point. High Octane is about seeing matches that are kicked into high gear, and when it comes to stories and any potential match you could see tonight? There's no match quite like this one and that's what makes it such a must-see."

[[[ MAIN EVENT ]]]

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] QNDO7hh

"Last week Robert Roode FAILED to defeat World Heavyweight Champion Keith Lee. For the past decade, that loss would be glossed over, it would be treated as if it wasn't really a "big deal." And you know, that's a serious cop out. You have two Superstars at the top of this business and THAT is what you make of it? Just a filler match with the illusion of a big match? That's not how I run things, no per my executive order from the very first address I made on Octane last month? Champions that fall to other Champions? Need to prove they still deserve to BE Champions. So while Robert did in fact give a gutsy performance last week? He LOST! So his reign as Champion will now be in serious jeopardy tonight as consequence for his failure. Some have called my decision last week harsh and that I went overboard. And to them I say this...a Champion should be able to overcome anyone, anywhere, anyway. They shouldn't need four weeks to prepare, they shouldn't need their hand held as I walk them across the street after their crushing loss and introduce them to their "challenge." No Robert Roode is an exceptional competitor, and just because he had a "bad night" I'm not going to coddle him. He knew the stakes, he knew what would happen if he lost, and still...he LOST! So tonight Bray Wyatt and Chris Sabin two men, two FORMER Intercontinental Champions that made their individual claims at the conclusion of last week's Main-Event will meet Roode in a Triple Threat Match. It's as simple as this, either Robert Roode deserves to still be Champion, or he doesn't. It's on him to decide that tonight, not me. I just make the matches all he has to do is step up or step aside for a NEW Intercontinental Champion.

P.S:  I forgot to mention this out there last week and given that this is supposed to be YOUR challenge to see what YOU'RE made of? The Enterprise are BANNED from ringside. Chris Sabin didn't forget about them helping you beat him at The Slammy Awards and I certainly didn't either. So while these matches are usually anything goes and what you did then would be legal now? You're not getting off so easily tonight, sorry champ."

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 1:24 am

I'll be posting an opener in the next 24 hours so please withhold all posts until it's up k thx!
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 11:35 am

P.R Son wrote:
I'll be posting an opener in the next 24 hours so please withhold all posts until it's up k thx!

Nvm plans fell through someone else open pls <3
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 2:00 pm

The first ever episode of High Octane is LIVE! A raucous crowd has filled the home of the NHL's Winnipeg Jets as we are welcomed to the show by our announce team!

[Mauro Graves]
Two championship matches on top of every XWL champion being in action...this...is HIGH OCTANE! Mauro Ranallo here alongside "The Glamazon" Beth Phoenix and "The Savior of Misbehavior" Corey Graves, and guys...what a hell of a show your husband has put together tonight, Beth.

[Beth Phoenix]
Obviously, Adam's not going to toot his own horn, so I guess I'll do it for him...I completely agree. In our main event, the Intercontinental Championship is on the line as "The Glorious One" Robert Roode defends against a returning Chris Sabin and the ever unpredictable and always dangerous Bray Wyatt. Clearly...the odds are NOT in the champion's favor tonight.

[Corey Graves]
And that's not the only championship match we have for you tonight! Tonight, we will see Sasha Banks do what she does best...and that's stab people in the back when Liv Morgan gets a rematch for the newly-redesigned XWL Women's Championship.

[Mauro Ranallo]
Newly redesigned, mind you, because Liv Morgan gave the old championship a viking funeral by tossing it into a Calgary river two weeks ago!

[Beth Phoenix]
And of course, both of the co-North American Champions are in action tonight. Alexa Bliss goes one on one with "The Dark Collector" Io Shirai, and Kairi Sane goes one on one with Britt Baker!

[Corey Graves]
Hey, I just thought I'd remind you guys...Britt Baker is a professional dentist.

[Mauro Ranallo]
But they're not the only champions in action. The World Heavyweight Champion Keith Lee, fresh off his huge victory against Robert Roode in a Champion vs Champion Match, will go one-on-one with "The Bastard" PAC!

[Corey Graves]
PAC clearly has Hangman Page in his crosshairs after the last couple of weeks...the question is, will Hangman Page have any form of retaliation after that sneak attack by The Bastard last week?

[Mauro Ranallo]
Speaking of last week, last week we saw two huge victories that could be classified as upsets as Becky Lynch defeated Sarah Logan and Mia Yim made her return to the ring by defeating Ruby Riott. One has to wonder if--

As Sleeping With Sirens' "Cheers" plays through the arena, Ruby Riott struts out onto the stage twirling a microphone in hand, what appears to be a t-shirt in the other. Sarah Logan is of course close behind her best friend as they stand on the stage.

[Corey Graves]
Well, it seems like the only thing that's been going Ruby Riott's way the past few weeks has been getting some new entrance music...guess High Octane's the perfect time to debut some new entrance music, huh?

Ruby then makes her way over to the announce desk, a scowl on her face as she locks eyes with Beth Phoenix. Ruby leaps up onto the table, kicking Beth's monitor down off the table before taking a seat on said table...directly in front of Beth Phoenix.

[Ruby Riott]
Wow, everyone, look! It's Beth Phoenix! Hey, Sarah...I thought the dinosaurs died out ages ago...but look! There's a living, breathing fossil right here on commentary!

The crowd boos Ruby as she simply cackles to herself, Sarah smirking slyly as Beth Phoenix simply leans back in her chair, completely unamused and unfazed by Ruby's remarks.

[Ruby Riott]
And speaking of fossils...how about that husband of yours, huh? It was really sweet of him to get you a spot at the commentary table. I'd say he stuck his neck out for you, but...well, we all know he can't do that anymore.

Ruby flashes a wink towards the camera, waving and mouthing "Hi, boss!" as Beth simply shakes her head, absolutely annoyed with the gall of the green-haired punk.

[Ruby Riott]
Hell, it seems like he can't even do the job he had to buy his way into doing, either. I mean...we all know what happened at Aftershock. Alexa Bliss and Kairi Sane CHEATED when they both pulled down the North American Championship. And now, your husband is actually going to LET them both claim to be co-champions? That finish was a load of crap. You know it, Vlasic Pickle Stork over here knows it, and Captain Concussion on the other side of him knows it, too!

[Ruby Riott]
But you know what...obviously, the referee's decision is final, yadda yadda yadda, can't change it now, blah blah blah...but you and your husband both know that this whole "Oh, this division is wide open!" nonsense is just that...nonsense. There's only one person who should be in the front of the line for the North American Championship, and that's me! Those two screwed me, and screwed these people out of a rightful finish. Instead of "all for one", they decided to play "one for all"...and now they want to come out here and pretend that both of them are rightful champions at the same damn time?

Ruby puts her finger in her mouth, pretending to dry heave into the microphone before lifting up the t-shirt in her opposite hand.

[Ruby Riott]
Anyway, while I'm out here...obviously management isn't going to promote it because I'm not Alexa Bliss or Kairi Sane...or Sasha Banks or Liv Morgan...but your girl got herself some new merch! Here, hold it up, Sarah, show the people.

Ruby tosses the shirt to Sarah, who unravels it to showcase a green spray paint logo reading "UNITED" on the front before turning it around to reveal "...FOR A RIOTT" on the back with a spine logo down the...well...spine.

[Ruby Riott]
The brand new Ruby Riott "United For A Riott!" shirt is now available on XWLShop.com! And look, it even has a spine, something that dear old Adam clearly lacks if he wants to let Alexa Bliss and Kairi Sane continue their facade of being co-champions! Maybe they went and pulled a Mandy Rose and got the title for favors, after all, it wouldn't be the first time Edge cheated on his wife for some slu-

Suddenly, Beth Phoenix shoots up out of her chair, yanking the microphone out of Ruby's hands. Ruby's eyebrows raise, a soft smirk forming on her lips as she's clearly riled up the wife of XWL's Owner and General Manager.

[Beth Phoenix]
Just what the hell is your endgame here, kid? Huh? You think that you can come out here and run my husband's name through the mud, run the names of two of the hardest working women in the locker room through the mud, and expect to be rewarded with a title shot that you for damn sure haven't earned?

[Beth Phoenix]
You know...it honestly sickens me to see how much of a waste of potential you are...the both of you. You both have the potential to be champions. You both have the potential to be great, and yet all either of you do is run around here and cry about how it's just not fair that you keep on choking in high-level matches. After all...the only time you ever actually beat Alexa Bliss is when you had help from Nia Jax...and you couldn't even do it with help from your best friend here. So what does that say about you? It says that all the new entrance music and all the new t-shirts can't hide the truth. And the truth is that you can talk the talk. You can cut promos that have the world talking...but you can't walk the walk.

The crowd lets out an audible "OHHHHH!" as Ruby simply laughs off Beth's words before pushing off the announce table, going nose to nose with the color commentator as she snatches the microphone back, holding it up as she doesn't take her eyes off of Beth's, each of them glaring a hole through the other.

[Ruby Riott]
That's tough talk...really tough talk. You know...it'd be such a shame if I kicked your ass to the point that Lyric and Ruby will have to watch their cripple Daddy feeding their new cripple Mommy through a tube.

Hearing Ruby mention her daughters, Beth grabs Ruby's wrist, yanking it forwards so she can talk into the microphone.

[Beth Phoenix]
You can talk crap about me...you can talk crap about my husband...but don't you dare ever, EVER mention my daughters again, you little punk.

[Ruby Riott]
Ooooh, hold me, Sarah, the old bitch is going to get her cane out and try to beat me up! What are you going to do, Beth? Huh? You're a washed up fossil of a wrestler, and you weren't even a good one to begin with. And now you're a color commentator, and you're not even good at that, either! When's the last time you even hit the gym?

Beth looks down at Mauro and Corey, tossing off her headset before suddenly firing a haymaker, nailing Ruby in the jaw and sending her toppling backwards onto her ass. Sarah having to help her friend up as Ruby scatters away.

[Beth Phoenix]
You want to actually make an impression around here? Then you'll get the chance. Because next week? You're going to be in a match. And do you want to know who you're going to face? Well...since I am technically a co-owner of XWL, I guess I'll spoil it for you. Because your opponent is...

[Beth Phoenix]
ME!

The crowd absolutely ERUPTS as Ruby's eyes widen while she holds her jaw, shaking her head vigorously. Shouting at Beth that she "just made the biggest mistake of her life" while Sarah Logan attempts to hold her best friend back.

[Beth Phoenix]
And as for the rest of the night? Well...I don't think you'll be creating a very safe work environment...so security, if you could please escort Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan from the building?

Hearing this, the crowd erupts even louder! Meanwhile, Ruby Riott goes absolutely ballistic and flails in an attempt to brush past Sarah Logan. Finally she's able to get past her best friend but is met by a wall of security guards who collectively force both her and Sarah Logan out of the arena! Beth simply grabs her headset, placing it back on and returns to her position on commentary.

[Beth Phoenix]
Now that that headache is handled...let's get on with the show, shall we, guys?

[Mauro Ranallo]
W-Well, you heard it here first! Next week on Octane, our broadcast colleague Beth Phoenix will come out of retirement for one night only and go one on one with Ruby Riott! I...wow...are you sure you can handle someone like Ruby Riott, Beth?

[Beth Phoenix]
It's been a couple years since I've been in that ring, Mauro, but I'm a big girl, I can handle myself.

With her point made, Beth readjusts her position in her chair as High Octane goes to a commercial break.
Back to top Go down
Plus
Mid Card
Plus

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 10:08 am

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] ZzmjlLD
------------------------
DIE MOXLEY DIE!
------------------------

Kevin Owens had fought all his way here. He had fought and crawled to get to this stage. He had made it at like last - FIGHT OWENS FIGHT - was now on the main stage and he was not going to let this all slip through his fingers. He was facing none other than Jon Moxley and while the entire world was expecting him to get beaten tonight, Owens has made a career of disappointing those who look down at him and tonight - will be one of those nights as he does the impossible and stops Jon Moxley dead in his tracks.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 1MiNbD6
“I see a lot of people are looking at this match as nothing more than a match were Moxley can show off his skills. A match were Moxley can test out what he has learnt in Japan. A match were Moxley can just - do whatever he wants and not have to worry about the fight back or what might happen to him, I mean after all - my success here in XWL - has been rather lacking as of late. The victories are not as plentiful as I had hoped and the trophy cabinet? It is just full of nothing more than dust at this point in time. Everything that can go wrong for me in XWL - has gone wrong for me, but unlike you Moxley - I am not someone that just takes his ball and goes home. I roll up my sleeves and I get stuck in. when things get bad, I don’t run home and cry to my wife and bitch on some podcast. I stick it out and do everything within my power to turn things around. I know right now you think this is your match for the taking - that I am nothing more than another footnote in your success here. But here is the thing Moxley, I am not like the rest here and you know it. I grew up on the streets like you, I had to fight for everything that I have - like you. I have worked at the bottom, got to the top and got knocked to the bottom - like you. I have been to Japan, I have been around the world, I have slept on floors, on couches, outside, inside - anywhere at all just to do this and if you underestimate me for even a single second, then you are the biggest idiot I have ever crossed paths with.”

Kevin Owens was backstage in the locker room. He was dressed to compete in his wrestling gear. He had just finished adding the final touches as well, wrapping the white tape around his wrists as he stared down the camere and addressed the man he would face and defeat tonight, John Moxely.

“We have done this before Moxley. Your name might have been different, the look you had as well and your style - but we have crossed paths time and time again and no matter what we did to one another. No matter how many tables we sent one another through. How many kendo shots to the back we would take. How many times we fell of ladders or went through stacks of chairs - in the end Moxley - I always got the better of you. When it was all said and done, no matter what happened - I always got the better of you. So what has changed then Moxley? A new name? A fresh new look? If you throw paint over a piece of crap it is still a piece of crap at the end of the day. Moxley you are nothing special. Compared to me - you are just mediocre at best. You have the entire world eating out of the palm of your hands, you have everyone hanging onto every single word that comes from your lips. They all think that you are the greatest thing since - well - Kevin Owens. We know the truth don’t we Moxley. We know both know if you could never best me all those years ago, what chance do you have now. You have added miles. More injuries. You have done death matches, you have taken huge risks to your body. I have seen you in that ring, your a step or two behind. You want to fight me? You want to get into the ring with me Moxley? You have been dropped on your head one too many times in Japan, because wanting to fight Kevin Owens - is a death sentence. ”

A sadistic smirk would slide across the face of Owens. He was ready to go. He had that look in his eyes. Fight Owens Fight was coming tonight and Moxley was going to be on the other end of it. A slow methodical sigh would escape from Owens as he would swiftly resume his targeting of Moxley.

“I have been fighting like I have never fought before in my life. I know you Moxley. I know you better than anyone else here. As I have said we have been fighting for years now. We have had every single match that there is with each of us tearing chunks out of the other and here we are, both years later - both still standing and looking to do it again. You have always been a pain in my ass Moxley. Every single time I won something, every single time I tasted success, you always came around and tried to take it from me so it is only fitting that history would repeat here in XWL. I am on the brink right now. Can you not see it. You can not feel it? Kevin Owens is fighting again for his career. Once again it is all on the line. Once again I have the man weighing down on me, telling me that I am too fat, that I am not what a wrestler should be, that I have no right to be here - and each time that is said, I go out there and I fight and I steal the entire show. Right now - just standing here and speaking - the entire world is watching, the only care about two things, what I have to say and what I am going to do to you Moxley later when we step into the ring with one another. This right here, this is the Kevin Ownes show and you Moxley - your not even a cast member, your not even part of the crew nor are you even part of the set. You are that one bit character that comes in for one appearance and does something memorable and leaves and on the Kevin Owens show your memorable moment - will be getting your ass kicked!”

Kevin Owens would slowly lean forward as his eyes glued to the camera lens. Ensuring his face was the focal point as he looked to end strongly. As the show had to go on.

“Make no mistake about it little man, you are in for a fight tonight. If you think this is going to be anything else, then you will not last five minutes against me. The second that bell rings, I will waste no time in taking your sorry head off. In doing so, I will take one more step upwards. I will knock you down into the dirt. Place you with the rest of the filth, remind you of your place - beneath me. You will taste defeat at my hands, Moxley. You can taste your inevitable defeat. You will know what it is like to be me. You will know what it is like to have the wind knocked out of you and I know you - the fight, the drive, that need to be better - it will leave you. This - this is it for you tonight. This is your last match, because as I have said, when the going gets tough, Moxley backs his bags and runs to the indies. Try and challenge me, try and stop me if you want. Throw everything you have at me and it will not be enough because Moxely.

THIS IS THE KEVIN OWENS SHOW!
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 3:59 pm

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] ACwnkEK

"Keith Lee may have avoided having to defend his newly attained World Title this evening but for Champions? There is no such thing as a "night off" when it comes to High Octane. There are lots of matches tonight with history and stories to them but ultimately I want to provide incredible matches. PAC had an incredible performance against John Morrison last week and while the fans aren't enjoying his new outlook on his career? I admire the hustle, the grit, the focus...he's stepping up and going after what he wants...even if that's my best friend's new client...Pac is here to make a splash and when I think of opponents I could pair him with? Man, imagine someone like KEITH LEE facing him? Both have qualities that NEITHER should realistically have. Keith is freaking athletic as hell and I don't know how, THAT is what is so enthralling about him. Meanwhile on the opposite end, PAC is SO STRONG! So you have both possessing freakish strength and athleticism and then you factor in that Keith Lee is one of XWL's most beloved Superstars and PAC is...well, that hated 'bastard' and you have literally everything you could ever want in a match."

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

[Corey Graves]
That's it!

[Mauro Ranallo]
What a match! That was incredible!

Keith Lee is seen breathing heavily. We see him sit there next to the defeated PAC. As sweat runs down his face, splashing to the mat below. We see PAC clutching the back of his head after suffering a brutal drop from the Limitless One. Lee smirks for a moment with his theme playinh loudly in the background.. he nods his head, approving of the fight he was just in against XWL's resident Bastard.

[Beth Phoenix]
PAC gave the World Heavyweight Champion everything he had!

Keith Lee pops up to his feet as the referee approaches to raise his arm in victory. As his name is announced as the winner, we see Lee look over to the fallen PAC once more.

[Corey Graves]
PAC gave it everything he had but it just wasn't enough to take down the 'Limitless One' Keith Lee!

[Mauro Ranallo]
Which begs the question guys. What will it take for anyone to knock off the champ?

Keith Lee calmly approaches 'The Bastard' PAC. We see PAC scoot away from Lee until he is now backed himself into one of the corners in the ring. With PAC's back against the bottom turnbuckle, we see Keith Lee simply extend a hand toward his former opponent.

[Beth Phoenix]
Look at this! A show of respect from the champ!

PAC shows a look of confusion, unsure by the champ's gesture.

[Mauro Ranallo]
Well?

In his true Bastard nature, we see PAC scoff at Keith Lee. He then shouts the words...

The Bastard
PAC
PISS OFF!

...before sliding under the bottom rope. Clutching his head, 'The Bastard' PAC makes his way around the ring and up the ramp.

Lee watches him go up the ramp, The World Heavyweight Champion not stifled by the remark of the disgruntled PAC, laughs it off. Keith looks at his championship belt through the ropes and asks for someone to give it to him, the referee takes it from the stagehand and directly into the hands of the champion.

[Mauro Ranallo]
Keith not being shook, but he shook PAC tonight and as result, he wasn’t too pleased. A righteous champion at that, in The Limitless One and he proved that it wasn’t a fluke against Robert Roode last week. This week, he took on one of the more daring competitors in the field in PAC and came out the victor, hard fought as per usual and not an easy task to say the least!

The Limitless Champion proud of his victory against a very gamed PAC, shrugs off the reject of the props he was giving, and raises the belt high so everyone can, well he will say it himself, to..

ℬครк

IN..

MY…

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 6ytix6f

The champion and the crowd are one, and he closes his eyes keeping that pose, soaking up the energy for a short while asserting his dominance at the top of the food chain as we fade into the next match/segment.

Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 4:50 pm

The music of the returning Mad Russian, The Marksman ramps up quickly and you can hear a hush over the entire crowd as he’s preparing in the back on the titantron, he huffs and puffs and tightens his neck muscles. Smacking his face, dawning his black leather jacket, and slicked black blonde hair. His red contact changed eyes are shown to everyone at home and in attendance. The atmosphere suddenly changes and he bursts out through the curtains to many cheers, and no boos.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] BrhbD61

Ilja leaps down onto his knees, and smacks..even punches the top of the stage with one hand. He smacks it a couple times with both, getting angrier and angrier. He sways his arms around connecting an orchestra of fans to do the same, and then jumps up with intensity, fire and ice in his blood almost. He grinds his teeth and yells out to the entire arena and then makes his way down to the ring, rushing the ramp and ignoring the fans who are trying to tap him along the way, but allowing them because he’s more incensed and on a mission. Once he stops, it’s at the steel steps and he stops down onto it. And then rushing up it and around inside the second ropes immediately.

Ilja goes up to the top of the turnbuckle and sways his hands some more, being the conductor once more and then he jumps down, sliding to the center before darting right into the ropes, hanging into them as they snap back at his body, he is like a spider monkey the way he’s positioned. He puts his arm out straight and drapes his jacket over the ropes and points to the camera, his eyes widened and mouth open.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] WNapTsd

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] I72Ches

The fans are already on his side and cheering, Ilja smirks at the reception and then pulls himself off the ropes, instantly tossing off his jacket and then goes to the corner with his head on it, speaking to himself in his Mother Tongue of Russian.

The theme fades out and Ilja stands in the middle of the ring, asking for a microphone. He is given the mic and then he lets the fans get their chants out, he smirks to this and begins to speak.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] YxBuE12
Allow me to introduce myself, I am Ilja Dragunov for those who don’t remember, Last time you saw me was the debut of XWL Octane, Before anyone tells me to calm down, to take it easy.. Make it known that.. I won’t stop. A concussion, is what I was diagnosed with.. That won’t stop me. Falling from the top of this entire arena wouldn’t stop me. Nothing will stop me, Edge can understand the hunger inside of me, raging, wanting to be met.

Ilja turns his head and looks out among the huge crowd in front of him and then looks deep into the camera lens closest to him.

Darby Allin was weak and he showed that he was weak, when he couldn’t show his face after what we went through. That doesn’t matter, what matters is.. HIGH OCTANE. I was told I embody what it means to bring the fight, and I will do that every single time I am inside of this ring, MARK my words.

He points his finger and rolls his shoulders and positions himself to turn his back to the commentary table.

I only want to face the best of this entire place, SHOW ME THEM and I will ELIMINATE.. THEM. ALL. So I ask, I plead, I need to know.. So tell me. Who is next, because whoever steps out of the back, is a marked man because I am..

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] MkWbF4c

Ilja throws the microphone behind him and runs his hands through his hair, pacing in a square, chomping at the bit for who can show up, the possibilities are endless. A few moments pass and you can see Dragunov’s face light up completely to the tune of someone he’s been wanting to face his whole career.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 195NWMd

"For the first episode of Octane over a month ago I wanted to spotlight two of my first signings that had the brightest of futures...it was something I was so proud to see from all of their hard work to their passion...but given that they aren't as seasoned as others and the bright lights caused them to go too big too quickly...things went horribly wrong. For one month, they have not been seen, updates have been promised but it's been a very troubling situation to say the least. But I am so proud that Ilja Dragunov is BACK tonight ready to re-start his XWL career by issuing an Open Challenge. He may have knocked himself off of the horse before but he's ready to hop back on! Who will take him up on his challenge as he looks to begin again his XWL career. "

The theme music would begin to play for the loving icon. The fans were up on their feet. There was electricity in the air as they started to chant his name in unison with one another. Matching the beat of his music as it blended perfectly together.

On the main screen the image would flick to the backstage area were the XWL security force were outside in the parking area. A dozen men armed to protect - everyone from Goldberg. One of them would walk up the steps to the trailer that he was in and he would knock the door hard. Within a handful of seconds, the door is flung open and Goldberg would appear. He stands there and looks around himself for a moment as the fans would cheer for him, his name would be heard even from the outside of the arena as he would walk forward. Setting his own pace as the security force would struggle to keep up with him.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Q5bs5ef

Goldberg would move forward. Pushing the heavy doors to the arena open as he marches down the hallways. The XWL security force flanking either side of him, pushing anyone that gets in his way to the side as Goldberg moves forward. Walking up the steps and then through the black curtains as he walks onto the main stage. He would stop for a moment. The white pyro would go off as it would cover him, burning his skin as he just stands there and takes it as through the blasts and the sound of the fireworks, the music and the crowd - Goldberg voice could be heard.

ILJA DRAGUNOV YOU’RE NEXT!

The pyro continues to blast out around him as Goldberg steps out of it, blowing the smoke from his mouth he would strike at the air several times and then spin around as he kicks the air as the music continues to play and the fans continue to chant for him.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] AoWtbWH

Goldberg would come to stop for a moment. His eyes narrow for a second as he stares at the man that he will face tonight. A man who is much like himself when he was a younger man. Strong, fast, powerful and above all else - dangerous. There was a small smirk as Goldberg - never afraid of anyone or anything at all would move, pushing forward as he walks down the ramp and then he marches up the steps, all the while staring right through the man that he will face in a matter of minutes. He slips through the ropes and enters the ring. Standing in his corner as the music has long died down, but the name Goldberg, continues to be chanted by the fans in attendance. The bell sounds off without warning and they are ready to go.

SPOILERS HERE

Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 5:47 pm

The crowd goes wild as one of Canada’s top professional wrestlers of all time makes his way out to the stage.

Mauro Ranallo
Here he is!! Bret Hart!!! I can’t believe that Edge was able to get him here!!

Beth Phoenix
Well as you know Natalya and I go way back, so she was able to pull some strings for me, and well, here we are!!

The crowd is going absolutely nuts as Bret Hart gives out high fives left and right as he makes his way down the ramp. He slowly walks up the steps and enters the ring, requesting a mic in the process.

Mauro Ranallo
No one gets a bigger reaction here in Canada than The Hart Family!!

Beth Phoenix
It’s great to see Bret Hart back in an XWL ring!!

Bret raises the mic to speak, but is drowned out by the crowd’s cheers. He smiles and looks around towards the thousands of fans chanting his name. He raises the mic once again and waits for the crowd to settle down before finally speaking.

Bret Hart
When I was told that XWL has made the move to Canada I couldn’t be happier.. And when Edge asked if I wanted to make an appearance, I told him that there was nothing more that I wanted then to come out here in front of all of you once again!!!

The crowd gives off another huge cheer

Bret Hart
I honestly can’t tell you ho-

The crowd erupts in a chorus of boos before they even realize who this new theme song belongs to. The boo’s grow even louder as Britt Baker makes her way out to the stage with a smug smirk across her face and a mic in her hand. She skips down the ramp, mouthing “thank you” to the booing crowd as she goes.

Mauro Ranallo
What nerve!! That is Bret Hart in the ring!!

Beth Phoenix
Britt Baker won Christian’s “Superstar Hunt”. I trust Christian’s judgment, so I bet that Britt Baker is talented. But she has no place being in the same ring as Bret Hart!!! Especially interrupting him the way she did. That is very disrespectful. As a matter of fact Britt Baker has been nothing but disrespectful since winning that “Superstar Hunt”... I don’t know who she thinks she is...

Corey Graves
She’s a dentist Beth, that’s who she is!! Britt Baker DMD!! And I couldn’t be more excited to see her!! Who wants to listen to some old fart like Bret Hart anyways!!

Beth Phoenix
That’s a legend that you’re talking about!!!

Baker enters the ring, not even looking at Bret once. She smiles as she looks out towards the booing crowd.

Britt Baker
Thank you!!.. Thank you so much!!!...

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 6d911210

Britt Baker
My name is Britt Baker, DMD!!!..

Britt flashes another smile to the booing crowd.

Britt Baker
Thank you, you’re all too kind!!.. You know, it’s not easy being your role model, but someone has to do it. And I take that responsibility very seriously, because by just looking out at all of you here tonight I can see how badly you need someone to look up to.. Sure, you may all be overweight, uneducated, and unsuccessful, however if you just strive to be more like me every day, you can be half as successful as I am, and for all of you that’s a huuuuge improvement..

The boos are almost too loud for Britt to continue speaking. She looks over towards Bret and smiles.

Britt Baker
Hey there Hit-guy!!

The crowd boos and lets out a “Hitman” chant

Beth Phoenix
Oh my gosh..

Britt Baker
Ohhh, right it’s Hitman!! I forgot, it’s been so long since you’ve been relevant.. What are you even doing here?.. We all know that you and that microphone never got along, and you’re clearly not here to wrestle. So how about you go sit over there next to Beth, Corey, and Mauro.. Go sit down Bret… You look tired, go sit.. Actually, how about you go lay down Bret… You know, like you should have done to Shawn in Montreal… Maybe you would actually have made something of your career if you had don-..

The rest of her words are drowned out by the crowd’s boos.

Mauro Ranallo
They did NOT like that..

Britt smiles and begins to trash talk Brett to his face as the crowd boos. She waits for the noise to settle before raising the mic once again.

Britt Baker
These people used to look up to you Bret, but they have a new role model now, and she goes by the name Britt Baker DMD.. So how about you follow Natalya’s lead and disappear.. The last time she was on XWL television was when she was found backstage the victim of a mystery attack.. The only thing more satisfying than seeing Natalya a broken mess like that, would have been if I were there to do it myself. But enough about that has been, let’s cut to the chase and tell these people the reason that you’re out here.. Go on.. Tell them Brett..

Bret raises his eyebrows and stares at Britt for a few moments.

Bret Hart
Oh, I can talk now?... Well, what I was going to say before you interrupted me, was that a few months ago Edge asked me if I could do a special interview with whoever won his buddies “Superstar Hunt”. Of course I agreed, like I was saying, I missed being in an XWL ring.. However I wasn’t expecting the winner to be so...

Britt Baker
Beautiful?.. Talented?.. Successful??..

Bret Hart
I was going to say.. Well, outspoken works.. Anyways, I signed a contract with Edge to interview the winners of the “Superstar Hunt”.. So let’s do it… Britt, what’s it like trying to juggle being a Dentist and a Professional Wrestler at the same time?

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 32e85b10

Britt Baker
I don’t know Bret, what was it like trying to juggle being an overrated wrestler and terrible promo cutter at the same time?

Bret Hart
Alright, you know I’m not doing this.. You know, most people in your position would be thankful for this opportunity..

Bret drops the mic and walks out of the ring, he high fives fans on his way up the ramp before making his way to the back. The crowd begins a very loud “You Suck” chant directed at Britt Baker, who is still in the ring, smiling from ear to ear.

Britt Baker
Thank you.. Wow, finally, I thought that he would never leave… As your role model it’s my job to steer you clear of people like him. People who pretend to want what’s best for you.. All Bret ever wanted was what’s best for Bret. He doesn’t care about you, he cares about the money that you make him by cheering his name.. He’s a fake role-model.. But he was right about one thing, I am a dentist, and a successful one at that. Unlike every other woman in this locker room I don’t need professional wrestling, you need me!!! You need someone to look up to, someone who is more than just a fake role-model. If it weren’t for professional wrestling the rest of the women on this roster would all be working in a supermarket or the service industry or some other unessential job like all of you.. Except for Mandy Rose.. She’d probably be a stripper.. My point is that without professional wrestling I’m still a successful dentist. That’s why I’m your role-model, and that’s why I’ve made it my mission to rid this company of fake role-models like Bret Hart…. And speaking of fake role-models my opponent for tonight is a perfect example.. Kairi Sane.. She doesn’t deserve to even be associated with The North American Title. Tonight I’m going to show you what a real role model looks like in that ring… Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 10:06 pm

((continuance of post above))

The crowd goes wild as Kairi Sane makes her way out with Alexa Bliss right behind!! Britt looks furious that she just got interrupted, even though she just interrupted Bret Hart moments ago.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 4gGjIZ5

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Without hesitation, the referee calls for the bell, signaling for the end of this contest, causing a look of annoyance to appear on Alexa's face, quickly arguing her case to the official by shouting, “SHE STARTED IT!” but it falls on deaf ears as the referee has already made up his mind. “I DON'T NEED THIS, UNLIKE HOW MY BEST FRIEND NEEDS ME! NOT THAT YOU'D KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT!” Alexa makes a dramatic exit from the ring as the referee checks on the downed Britt Baker while also informing her of her victory here tonight, if she didn't already know. Outside the ring, Bliss quickly closes the distance between herself and her fallen Pirate Pal, who happens to be the other half of the North American Champions as well as her best friend as Alexa shouted moments ago, and drops down to a knee and slowly helps her into a seated position, gently brushing her hair out of her face to ensure she isn't in any visible pain. Slowly but surely, Alexa assists in moving Kairi closer to the steps so she can rest her back upon them while still in her seated position. When she completes her task, the referee gains Bliss' attention by speaking her name as he extends Kairi's half of the North American Championships towards her, causing the diminutive Champion to shout, “GIVE ME THAT!” while quickly snatching it from his hands and glare at the official clearly doing his job.

Her demeanor does a complete one eighty when she shifts her attention to Kairi, a sweet smile appearing on her face as she carefully places the North American Championship on her left shoulder and readjusts her best friend's left arm to wrap it around the strap before taking a single step back, a genuine smile being etched on her face as she admires her handiwork, the sight being a heartwarming one to say the least. Before Bliss can help her best friend and Co-Champion up to her feet, she herself is lifted to a vertical position against her will, her instinct causing her to wind back her elbow and swing it backwards as a form of self defense. Unfortunately for her, she isn't fast enough and is thrown into the steel ring steps in front of her, Alexa's knee clipping the side of them and forcing her to completely flip over them, landing on the opposite side of the steps on the thinly layered padding, tightly holding her right knee as the culprit is revealed to be the “victor” of the match in Britt Baker, taking offense to the part she played in how the match ended and denying her a proper victory over one half of the North American Champions.

With a devious smile on her face, Britt admires her handiwork before her eyes dart downward, spotting the other half of the Champions beginning to pull herself up to avenge her best friend following the cowardly attack but Britt isn't having any of it, placing her foot on Kairi's right shoulder and with all her might, shoves her back first into the ring steps. With both Champions neutralized for the moment, Britt takes a few steps back and pulls up the ring apron, reaching under the ring, but for what? Perhaps a weapon to inflict more damage to her downed targets? A few moments pass before Britt pulls out a... dental lab coat? She skillfully puts on said coat in one swift motion, readjusting it ever so slightly before she reaches into the pocket and pulls out a small box of dental floss, quickly tossing it at the still downed Pirate Princess before making it up the ramp with a smile on her face. The final scene we see is Britt disappearing behind the curtain while Kairi crawls over to Alexa to check on her before High Octane heads into a commercial break.

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 1:43 am

Following an advertisement promoting Final Stand next month, we resume tonight's edition of High Octane and are transported backstage where Charly Caruso is standing by and she's not alone. No, beside her is The Intercontinental Champion Robert Roode with his title around his waist as he's already geared up for The Main-Event tonight where he'll defend in a Triple Threat Match against Bray Wyatt and Chris Sabin. As can be expected, his mood does not appear to be "cheerful" given what is ahead of him but as the camera pans out further see that he's not alone, no standing beside him is The Former World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan...and the always controversial and violence aficionado Jon Moxley.

[[Charly Caruso]]
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome back to the first ever edition of High Octane...the night where everything gets turned up even more than your regular episode of Octane and tonight has certainly set a very high bar for future episodes given the Two Championship Matches scheduled to take place...one of which will involve one of my guests at this time Robert Roode when he defends his Intercontinental Championship against both Bray Wyatt and Chris Sabin due to his loss to Keith Lee in their Champion versus Champion match last week. Of course he's not my only guest, I'm joined by the entirety of The Enterprise which includes Daniel Bryan and Jon Moxley. But if I could first address you, Roode.

She looks to him, and typically he would look back...but tonight his bravado and presence is just...virtually gone. His eyes are staring at the floor, or perhaps the title around his waist that might not be there for much longer...and his hand that isn't resting on the belt is balled up into a fist at his side proving he's really not interested in being interviewed right now much less talking about what's to come this evening.

[[Charly Caruso]]
Naturally last week's loss was very difficult for you...in fact you seemed quite certain that the outcome would be far different. However, as our General Manager stated a loss against another Champion is no longer acceptable and doing so will lead to matches like the one you have in tonight's Main-Event. Can you talk to us about what you're feeling right now? Just from looking at you, it does seem as if you're very concerned about what might happen tonight? Is that an accurate statement?

She extends her mic toward him, but his demeanor does not alter in any way. He doesn't suddenly decide to be social and look at her, and despite a mic being raised up to his lips...they remain sealed. With Bobby Roode still in his own world, Bryan takes a step forward, placing his left hand on the microphone, causing it to be lowered with minimal resistance, while he places his right on Bobby's shoulder and tilts his head sideways, mouthing something into his ally's ear. Bobby doesn't visibly seem to acknowledge it but with a bond that's shared by these three brothers in arms, there doesn't need to be, they know what the other is thinking. Bryan, still gripping the microphone, moves it out of Bobby's immediate area and towards his own, removing his hand as he is now in the proverbial driver's seat for this interview.

Daniel Bryan
Someone or a group of someones has it out for The Enterprise, whether it's biased referees that have no business being officials in Championship matches or our “esteemed” Owner not granting me my rightful rematch after I was screwed out of the World Heavyweight at Aftershock or at the very least, the decision being reversed or the match being thrown out. Instead, he continues to recognize Keith Lee as the World Heavyweight Champion, like the delusional old man that he is. Nowhere in the contract did it state that Bobby Roode would have to defend HIS Intercontinental Championship in a Triple Threat match, I know that for a fact. We, alongside our lawyers, read the contract extensively, every single word, every single punctuation, every single section and subsection, we know what was in that contract to the point that we can recite it backwards and Edge making Bobby's defense a Triple Threat was a blatant abuse of power.

Daniel Bryan
Not only that, Mox and myself? We've been barred from ringside. Did you expect us to go out there and taint Bobby's reign? His first defense after being forced to regain the Championship he never should have lost? Do you really think that lowly of us? Bobby is more than capable of fighting his own battles, just like Mox is more than capable of fighting his own battles, just like I am more capable of fighting my own battles. We're not like you, Edge, we're not a faction just because we need someone to help us even the odds, we're not here to lie, cheat and steal our way to Championship gold, we're here to show the world what happens when you put the greatest collection of talent under as single banner, and while we've lost brothers along the way, we're still as strong as ever. When I became the World Heavyweight Championship, I didn't need anybody to help me beat Drew McIntyre to become Champion, I didn't need anybody to help me defend against Finn Balor or Keith Lee. I did that on my own because I'm the best damn wrestler on this entire planet. Just like Bobby didn't need our help when he defeated The Devil's Favorite Demon in Kane to regain the Intercontinental Championship. Just like Moxley doesn't need us to inflict unimaginable pain and suffering onto the entire roster.

Daniel Bryan
And while on the subject, We both know that Jon Moxley WAS The Shield, not Seth Rollins, not Roman Reigns but man that has been to the mountain top an astounding four times. And instead of recognizing that his “brother” is better off not living off his past glory and is in a much better position than he was previously as he stands with The Enterprise, Seth Rollins does what Seth Rollins does best and tries to latch himself onto others to keep himself relevant because he KNOWS that despite calling himself the “architect,” he was the weak link. Both Roman and Moxley are former World Heavyweight Champions while Seth was nothing more than the little brother that tagged along because their mother told them they needed to bring him along. You were already lucky enough to survive one war with Mox and instead of getting out while you were ahead, you stuck around and that's the second worst decision you've made in your life. The first was crossing paths with Jon Moxley. If you continue down this path, let's just say, your hopes and dreams? They will be burned down.

[[Charly Caruso]]
Speaking of Seth Rollins, Jon can you talk to us about your upcoming match next month at Final Stand against him in a "Chain Strap Match?" Given the severity of your First Blood Match 2 weeks ago resulting in a tie...some people have concerns that this match will be any different given the fact that the two of you seemed to be equal in terms of the lengths you will go to achieve victory. Normally your style is a bit outlandish and from some people's point of view...you seem to have met your match?

Jon Moxley
First of all I don’t give a fuck what “some people’s concerns” are, and second of all if you just said that I’ve “met my match” then you must be reading off a script, because I know that you’re not stupid Charly... Anyone who actually believes that Seth Rollins and I are on the same playing field is not only stupid, but they’re also very, very wrong.. Everything that Daniel Bryan said is true. Out of the three Shield Members, I’ve had the most success here in XWL. And there’s a reason for that. Seth didn’t have what it took to make it on his own back then, and he doesn’t have what it takes to do it now. That’s how this all started. The Miz and John Morrison got the jump on me, and Seth thought that he could use that as a way to get back into my shadow. He saw it as an opportunity to leech off of my success once again.. Obviously that didn’t go so well for him, and I bet he’s still regretting ever putting his nose where it didn’t belong in the first place..

Jon Moxley
At Aftershock I realized as soon as the bell rang that I made a mistake by challenging Seth to a First Blood Match.. You see, at first Seth was just a nuisance, you know like a gnat. I just wanted to cut him open, shut him up, and be done with it. Which is why I chose a First Blood Match. It was the easiest match for me to not only win, but also prove a point, because there isn’t anyone on this roster that knows more about bleeding in a professional wrestling ring than me.. I know of hundreds of ways I could have made that fucker bleed like a pig within seconds of the match starting.. But Seth made things personal these past few weeks.. So when I looked around at the ring that I set up, with all the barbed wire on the ropes, the thumb tacks on the floor, I realized that I couldn’t use any of it, because then the match would be over.. And I wasn’t okay with just beating Seth Rollins anymore, like I said, he made things personal.. I wanted to hurt him, I wanted to redefine the word “pain” for him.. But I couldn’t do that, not the way I wanted, because as soon as he bled, the match would be over, and Seth’s pain would be done.. I made due for as long as I could..

Jon Moxley
But then Seth Rollins Falcon Arrowed us through that barbed wire table causing the match to end in a draw.. And then what happened after that??.. I was still ready to fight, hell I could have kept going if we weren’t both bleeding and the match was over... And I wanted to.. I took on Keith Lee the show after.. But Seth Rollins hasn’t been able to wrestle since.. Aftershock was one of the most painful nights of Seth Rollins’ career, yet for me it was just another Wednesday… But things will be different now that Seth challenged me to a “Chain Strap Match”. At Final Stand when I cut Seth Rollins open and that blood starts to pour onto the canvas, the bell won’t ring, the match won’t be over, and the pain for him will still be far from done.. At Aftershock Seth Rollins pulled out all the stops, he used everything in his arsenal, he showed us all he got… But not me.. No.. I didn’t even so much as open my playbook.. At Final Stand I’m going to do things to Seth Rollins that will make kids everywhere question if they really want to become a professional wrestler after all..

Jon Moxley
Seth Rollins did one move that made us both bleed and caused the match to end. That doesn’t mean that I have “met my match”, and that sure as hell doesn’t mean that Final Stand will end in a draw as well.. At Final Stand there’s only one outcome that is possible, and that’s me standing over Seth Rollins’ broken bloodied body with my hand raised..

Following Jon Moxley's very "colorful" response, Charly tries to process everything he just said, but before she truly could to form a follow up question of her own, she's again drawn to the very strangely quiet Robert Roode.

[[Charly Caruso]]
Do you have anything to add to that, Robert?

Her mic creeps over to The Intercontinental Champion that might no longer be able to call himself that by the end of tonight's show...but again when it comes to be talkative or even responsive in any form...he's still staring at the floor as if he doesn't even hear anything that's been said or maybe he has but he's too in his own head to give off the usual tells that he has.

[[Charly Caruso]]
Alright we'll come back to you in a bit, Daniel let's talk about a new situation you've found yourself in as of last week, Sami Zayn.

At the mere mention of Sami's name, Bryan's composure momentarily breaks for a single millisecond, causing a scowl to form on his face before it immediately returns to its former appearance.

[[Charly Caruso]]
He challenged you to a match tonight as he returns to in ring competition and he and I quote claims victory will be "easy" for him. Naturally I'm sure you plan to prove otherwise but given his boisterous confidence...part of you has to be somewhat concerned given that he's been away for quite some time and in that time he could now be a completely different competitor than the one you last remember?

Daniel Bryan
Take nothing away from Sami Zayn, he is an incredible performer, he is an accomplished Champion, even if he nor these people remember his time with the gold, he is deceptively talented but he's not Daniel Bryan. When I returned to this company at the end of two thousand and eighteen, I told the world that this time, things would be different, that this time, I would do what I have failed to do many times before and become a champion, that this time, I would once again become worthy of the “American Dragon” moniker. And guess what, Charly? I did all those things. This time WAS different. This time, I WOULD become Champion. This time, I WOULD become the American Dragon.

Daniel Bryan
Just like in life, it took some time to get what I wanted. It took some ups and downs, mainly downs at the start, but I finally made it to where I was meant to be. My first Pay-Per-View match back, I lost. After telling the world that this was a new Daniel Bryan, that I was here to do what I never could do before and I lost. Some things never change, do they? I would then fail to become the Intercontinental Champion after myself and Matt Sydal made it to the final two in a Five Way Elimination Match at Final Stand, a match where he would emerge victorious if it wasn't already obvious enough. Some things never change, do they? I would then qualify for the Elimination Chamber match, one of the most grueling and career shortening matches this company has ever produced, all for a chance at gaining immortality. I made it to the final three before Drew McIntyre would Claymore me out of the match and eventually be the second person in history to successfully defend their Championship inside the ominous structure, taking the immortality I so desperately tried to attain for himself. Some things never change, do they? I would then challenge Drew for his World Heavyweight Championship at the now appropriately named Coronation Pay-Per-View, and guess what? Things changed.

Daniel Bryan
With Cesaro doing everything within his power to “Reawaken the Dragon” in the weeks leading up to my fateful encounter with Drew, it finally happened. I did what I said I would do. Not only were things different this time, I not only became worthy of the “American Dragon” moniker, I also became a Champion, all thanks to the man that stopped my downward spiral. It wasn't until I became the World Heavyweight Champion that I realized these people were the reason I couldn't attain the success of my glory days. I cared too much about what they thought of me to the point that I screamed that obnoxious word at the top of my lungs just so they would cheer me, just so the illusion that they cared would remain intact. I was in a unique position, I was World Heavyweight Champion and the fire that burned within me all those years ago was finally reignited but the question was, for how long? One conversation with Cesaro later and The Enterprise, as well as The Corporate Dragon, were born. I owe everything to him and I will forever be in his debt. While Cesaro isn't here with us right now, he is just as important as both these men at my side. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Daniel Bryan
Failure is what pushed me to evolve, failure is why I'm still standing here, failure is why I did the things I did and why I am once again the best wrestler in the world. Sami Zayn thinks this will be an “easy” win? Sami Zayn thinks that his time away has prepared him for The Corporate Dragon? When I'm done with him, the only thing Sami Zayn is going to be thinking is “Why did I make the mistake of pissing off Daniel Bryan?” I've made a career of proving people wrong, why stop now?

[[Charly Caruso]]
You Robert as well have been able to utilize your failures as fuel to reach heights your career has never achieved until now...perhaps you can add to what Daniel said?

Again, she pulls the mic toward The Intercontinental Champion, hoping he'll finally break his silence...and you gotta give it up to her she's nothing if not persistent. But unfortunately for her? He is as well. He doesn't advert his gaze from the floor, he just stands there as dead air fills the scene.

[[Charly Caruso]]
Okay you just let me know when you're ready to participate...it's not like you have a massive match ahead of you, and normally you'd be the first to speak about such a match...but let's move onto another match set to take place tonight. In fact this match while Robert's was decided for him due to his loss, and Daniel's was in response to an issued challenge...yours Jon Moxley is actually completely setup by yourself. You tore into Kevin Owens last week, and seeing as he did survive, albeit with a loss to Daniel...you made good on your promise to march into Edge's office earlier this afternoon and demand a match against KO. He had some pretty scathing remarks to say about you earlier this evening, even going as far as saying this match will be your last. How do you respond?

Jon Moxley
Oh I heard what Kevin had to say alright..

Moxley pushes the mic out of his face and walks right up to the camera.

Jon Moxley
Hey asshole… I’m talking to you Kevin.. You fat piece of shit, you must be as stupid as you are out of shape if you think that you scare me. So save all the tough talk for someone who actually gives a damn…. You think that you’re like me, but you’re not. You sure as hell try to be, but when it comes down to it there are certain lines that you won’t cross, there are boundaries that you’re too much of a bitch to break down.. I’m not.. That’s why you’re the “Prize Fighter” and I’m “The Lunatic Fringe”.. You’re a fighter.. But when that bell rings, if you’re in the ring with me then you’re not about to have a fight.. No.. You’re about to go through a goddamn war..

Jon Moxley
You sounded like a fucking motivational speaker earlier.. “I don’t take my ball and go home, I roll up my sleeves and blah blah blah”. Shut the fuck up Kevin.. You can talk yourself up as much as you want, but it’s not going to change anything. You’re still just a fat piece of shit who’s never going to be on the same level as The Enterprise. That’s why Daniel Bryan beat you last week, that’s why Bobby Roode is Intercontinental Champion, and that’s why tonight I’m going to make you my bitch.

Jon Moxley
Jeez, can you believe this fucking guy??… My last match.. My last fucking match, really?!?!??. What the FUCK are you going to do Kevin?!?? Huh?? What the fuck are you going to do to me to make this my “last match”?!? Huh??!? What the hell makes you think that you’re going to be the one to do it.. Vince and his “Demise of Dean Ambrose” bullshit couldn’t do it.. Joey Janela and Keith Lee couldn’t do it.. Seth Rollins sure as hell can’t do it… And you??.. Fuckkkkk you… Seriously.. I throw you a fucking bone by calling you out and giving you some of The Enterprise’s spotlight, and you repay me by trying to end my career? Well I can’t wait to see you try asshole..

Moxley takes a deep breath and walks back towards Charly.. She nervously raises her mic to him.

Jon Moxley
To answer your question Charly…. Fuck Kevin Owens…

Yet again, following another very direct statement from Jon Moxley...Charly's sights veer back to Robert Roode...who, yes still despite how long this interview has lasted...still is in his own little world, giving off no type of reaction or response to anything that has been said from the very beginning to right this moment.

[[Charly Caruso]]
Well there you have it Ladies and Gentlemen, two thirds of The Enterprise are confident and focused heading into their respective matches this evening...while the third...clearly is not.

Even after that direct shot at Roode, still nothing from The Defending Intercontinental Champion in tonight's Main-Event.

[[Charly Caruso]]
Okay, seriously? Nothing? Both Daniel and Jon have expressed their thoughts and voiced themselves regarding tonight's matches at High Octane...and you still are giving me nothing? You agreed to-

Robert's hand swipes the mic right out of Charly's hand, giving his first reaction of the interview, and it is a serious one.

[[Robert Roode]]
I didn't agree to a goddamn thing.

His eyes look up from the floor and directly at Charly who has poked and prodded him this entire time to elicit some sort of response, and now she's getting it.

[[Robert Roode]]
Do you get some sort of sick enjoyment out of this, Charly? Asking me over and over about something that you know...without me saying a single word...I am NOT okay with. No, still...you cannot leave well enough alone, can you?

She tries to interject but he just shakes his head and raises his hand as if to say the time for her talking is over.

[[Robert Roode]]
You want my thoughts so badly? Well be careful what you ask for and pull up a seat because I have A LOT to get off my chest...

He looks towards his boys Daniel Bryan and Jon Moxley who stand there in support nodding that they're with him.

[[Robert Roode]]
Tonight? I am being setup for failure by the man that supposedly "saved" XWL from extinction. Why? Because like you, he seems to get his jollies off of seeing people like me wade through the misery of their lives like he wades through the misery of his own knowing that he can never step inside that ring again...no, this isn't about me "failing" last week. I make no excuses about my loss to Keith Lee, I fought like hell against him for well over an hour and a half and hey...both of us were spent by the end of that match so it COULD have gone either way...it just so happened to fall out of my favor. I both knew and agreed that if I lost I would have to defend my title tonight per this new "concept" here at High Octane...but nowhere in that agreement did I agree to have myself throw to the wolves like I am tonight. A Triple Threat Match? The Enterprise barred from ringside? Some psychopathic children's show host and and a man that WALKED OUT OF THIS COMPANY LAST MONTH WHILE TRUE CHAMPIONS LIKE ME PERSEVERED?!

His voice raises for a moment before trying to recollect his composure even if it's very difficult for him to given the situation at hand.

[[Robert Roode]]
This bullshit about having to prove myself "twice" as much? I have proven myself time and time again, the ONLY losses I have? Are to that big fat piece of crap Keith Lee...and I stand by my earlier statement, that first loss was a fluke...so there is only one time that I acknowledge I lost to him...so why stack the deck even more against me? Can I defeat MULTIPLE opponents in the same match? Absolutely, I defeated BOTH Walter and Aiden English in a Triple Threat ELIMINATION Match to even be in the conversation right now. Walter, a man that is twice my size and Aiden, a former World Heavyweight Champion mind you...the point isn't "Can I" overcome this, the point is I SHOULDN'T have to!

He looks down at The Championship around his waist as his hands fall to both sides of it, gripping the top of the belt with frustration all over his face.

[[Robert Roode]]
Did I "fail' last week? Yes. Do I deserve to go out there tonight and do right by this title? Absolutely. Does that mean I have to go out there and deal with not one, but TWO challengers? NO! I was perfectly fine facing whatever "worthy challenger" was thrown at me tonight...but this?I am furious, I am upset...and I am struggling to hold myself together as my very future rests in the balance of ONE match. A match against two completely polar opposite types of challengers, a match against either of them one on one? That's already challenging because Bray is literally a maniac...do you remember his battles with Leo Kruger? He may be wearing sweaters and khakis these days but he is seriously sick in the head and I ask you what man would want to be anywhere near him in that ring? Then you've got Chris Sabin who as much as I despise him because of his association with the guy that started my downward spiral with The Intercontinental Championship...he's no slouch in the ring, and not that I watched the monitor of all of his title defenses with The Tag-Team titles...because I wouldn't be caught dead tuning in for their "trash" segments...but he was pretty much steering that ship of theirs into victory after victory so to write him off just because I took this from him at last year's Slammy Awards? That would be the worst mistake I could ever make...So now you completely bring those two together and suddenly shit gets a little too real for my liking you follow me, Charly?

He told Charly to pull up a chair and as she stands there silently listening she probably wishes she took him up on that offer.

[[Robert Roode]]
The Enterprise was THE faction, we weren't THE FRANCHISE...WE WERE THE ENTERPRISE...do you remember that, boys?

His sights momentarily shift from Charly over to Daniel who once was World Heavyweight Champion for many many months before things went very south for them. Then he looks to Moxley who before Chris Jericho's disappearance and the death of The Tag-Team division was set to be The NEW Tag-Team Champions...now Moxley's stuck dealing with the pest that is Seth Rollins and Daniel Bryan instead of getting his fair shot at reclaiming what he also never technically lost...he's stuck dealing with the bum Sami Zayn that just returned last week and is trying to regain relevance of his name.

[[Robert Roode]]
Now we're fighting the "system" that placates to those losers out in the audience and tweeting at home on their tweeters as if what they say or "feel" actually matters to a trio of stallions like ourselves that rose to the top to SPITE them. Three "fan favorites" that played their roles well but never enough to reap any benefit out of it. No we were their puppets, we were their heroes...until someone else came along and we decided to be our own heroes! The Enterprise was, and IS...the greatest collection of talent any group has ever assembled...and no matter how much Edge or whoever tries to take what we are from us? You can take our titles, but you can't take what we stand for, and that is SUPREMACY over ALL who aren't with us. Daniel may no longer be Champion "Of The World" but each and every person watching right now yourself included knows that if he ever got another shot at Mr. "LIMITLESS" his reign would reach its limits. Edge, you stole his spot at the top of the mountain, you sabotaged his chance to regain it...and when your plan to throw a "Demon" my way didn't pan out...you decided to go double or nothing and throw two opponents my way the FIRST chance you got!

He told Charly to pull up a chair and as she stands there silently listening she probably wishes she took him up on that offer.

[[Robert Roode]]
Failure may seem like the only option I've been presented...but when you're as rich and powerful as the three of us? There's always options...they may be barred from ringside, I may be thrown in there with two "wolves" but the option you can't take from either of us? Is our god given ability to do what we do better than ANYONE in this whole damn company past, present...or still to come, WE are the epicenter of talent in this industry and when our backs are against a wall? When "GLORY" is being ripped away from us? We dig deep, not in our pockets but within ourselves to overcome because there is nothing that ANY of us cannot accomplish. I may have lost last week...but if you think lightning is going to strike twice? Then place your bets, and I'll place mine...and we'll see who wins. But in case you haven't figured it out by now, when it comes to the Intercontinental Championship? ALWAYS...bet on Roode.

Proudly Moxley and Bryan both places their hands on Roode's shoulders, looking to him with pure confidence in his ability to retain his title tonight. With that final remark, Roode tosses the mic back at Charly who barely catches it within her hands as The Enterprise walk off set together to prepare for each of their three clashes tonight.

And finally, Charly Caruso is able to relax now that the Enterprise has stepped away from the scene of the interview. Such an intimidating group they were. Daniel Bryan, Robert Roode, and Jon Moxley, all intimidating men in their own right. The interviewer takes a deep breath as they lower the microphone... and then they hear a noise coming from behind them and quickly their head moves to look at where the noise comes from... but they look to see that nothing nor no one is there. With the job done and the interview has come to an end, they walk away from the area but the camera stays in place. About ten seconds pass of nothing when all of a sudden, a character moves out from behind one of the taller equipment boxes. They were about 6 feet, 5 inches tall and tattoos ran down their arms. Their look was so cold; so emotionless that you had no idea what was going on in their mind.

[MAURO RANALLO]
MAMA MIA! THAT'S RANDY ORTON! THE APEX PREDATOR IS HERE!

Randy Orton watches as the Enterprise continues to walk away from the interview area and you have to wonder which of them he's got his eyes on... or if he's looking at the entire group at once. You could certainly argue that each of them had a reason for the Viper to strike. Robert Roode was the Intercontinental Champion and the most obvious choice of the group. Jon Moxley was a multiple-time World Heavyweight Champion and while this happened underneath another name, he was still the superstar who ended the last World Heavyweight Championship reign of Randy Orton. That's something the Viper has to remember. And then there's Daniel Bryan who could be the one Randy Orton might pick if he wanted to elevate himself to the top of the card right off the bat. If you wanted to prove that you could hang with the best of the best then Daniel Bryan is certainly the wrestler to do that with.

[COREY GRAVES]
We saw his return announced next week but we were left with little to go off of. There wasn't a when, where, or how. Beth, your husband is really good friends with Randy. Do you know what's going on? Do you know why he's stalking the Enterprise?

[BETH PHOENIX]
I had no clue, Corey, and I don't know why he's eyeing down the Enterprise. All I know is that Randy said he'd "strike when the time is right" and... I don't know what the means. I mean, I do know what it means but I don't know when that will be or who it will be against. Randy never has been the best at communicating but I think that's part of his appeal. The only person who knows what Randy Orton's next move is is Randy Orton.

Then, Randy Orton turns his attention to the camera. He mumbles 'get this thing out of my face' before shoving the camera and by the time the cameraman is able to get the camera back up and in the position it was in... the Apex Predator is gone. The cameraman looks around but to no avail can he see where Randy went which was obviously a cue that this segment has come to an end.

Back to top Go down
Oreo
Mid Card
Oreo

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 10:45 am

Bckstage, we see that one of our interview team members has caught up with the recently defeated PAC.

[XWL Interviewer]
PAC you just had an amazing bout with Keith Lee! What was it like being in the ring with The Champ?

The Bastard gives the woman a death stare. His body tenses up as if he is about to hit her for asking such a question, but surely he isn't THAT much of a Bastard. PAC lets out an annoyed sigh before answering.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] P5Wuyu4

The Bastard
PAC
You stop me... You interview me just so you can ask what it was like to be in the ring with Keith Lee? Keith Lee is just another opponent to me. He is just another man. What? Is it because he's bigger than me? Height and weight do not matter. I've been in the ring with bigger men than Lee. The fact that I lost had nothing to do with how big he was or how skilled all of Keith Lee's fanboys think he is. The severely "LIMITED ONE" got lucky tonight. It's as simple as that. A one in a million chance Keith Lee had of beating me tonight and he hit the lottery.

[XWL Interviewer]
You impressed a lot of people with the fight you put up against the World Heavyweight Champion. What's next for...

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] RgvLBED

The Bastard
PAC
You're damn right I impressed everyone, but I have been doing that my entire career before I returned to XWL and it got me nowhere. I am not here to "impress" anymore. I could give a damn if people cheer me or boo me. I don't care about entertaining the sheep that fill the buildings week after week. I am here for one person... one man. I am here for me and me ONLY! If I popped the boys in the back or made our washed-up has-been of a boss jump out of his seat, then so be it but I am not here for them either. In fact, I am here to leave every single one of them lying at my feet on my way to winning gold here in this company.

[XWL Interviewer]
If we could talk about last week, you ruined "Hangman" Adam Page's contract match when you interfered locking him in a submission hold. Why would you do this?

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] VFLoAMK

The Bastard
PAC
First of all, I didn't just lock in some "submission hold". I locked that fan in the most devastating...bone crushing submission you could possibly imagine. I locked him in a move that I have spent years mastering and destroying opponents all over the world. I ended his hopes and dreams with a move I call "The Brutalizer". You want to know why I did this? Well I explained it last week but for those with the attention span of a rat, I will explain once more. Adam doesn't belong here. Adam will never belong here. Do you want to know why? Because Adam is just like each and every one of these pathetic losers watching around the world. Adam is a fan and after what I did to him last week, Adam will ALWAYS be a fan. Simple as that.

[XWL Interviewer]
Are you sure he's a just fan? Because just a few minutes ago I actually watched as his...

The Bastard rolls his eyes, interrupting the interviewer.

The Bastard
PAC
Listen, I only have time for important questions. If you going to just keep talking about this nobody...

PAC is cut off.

”Hangman” Adam Page
Hey man, just because there aren’t any ropes don’t think I still can’t hit you with another Buckshot…

Hangman walks in front of the interviewer, standing toe to toe with PAC.

”Hangman” Adam Page
I might not be an XWL Superstar yet, thanks to you.. But when I get that contract, the first thing I’m going to do is ask Edge to book me against you so that I can shut you up once and for all. You might think you’re tough shit with those armbands on all tight and your hair all wet.. I’m not impressed. You want to talk about me, how about you do it to my face you basta-.. No.. You asshole...

As quick as a flash of lightning, 'The Bastard' PAC lands a closed fist to the jaw of 'Hangman' Adam Page. This blow was so hard it knocks “Superstar Hunt” winner down to one knee. PAC spreads his arms, opening his hands as if to say "What are you gonna do?" He speaks, no... PAC yells at Hangman.

The Bastard
PAC
I REFUSE TO BE DISRESPECTED BY SOME WORTHLESS FAN!

These words causes something within 'Hangman' Adam Page to snap as he lets out a lion-like roar. He springs to his feet and drives his shoulder into the midsection of 'The Bastard' PAC, driving his enemy into a brick wall. We hear the XWL interviewer shouting for help as the two men begin connecting with punches and elbow.

PAC grabs hold of Hangman's shirt, hoping to gain some sort of leverage in the fight. Unlike PAC who is going straight for the head, the young Adam Page strikes PAC in the head as well as the midsection. After a few seconds, security and referees rush into the scene to breakup this Hockey Fight style brawl. The security and refs break off into two groups to separate each man. 'The Bastard' and 'The Hangman' shout insults and obscenities toward each other, but their voices are overpowered by a familiar voice.

[[????]]
Hey! What the hell is going on here?

We see a man push his way through a group of onlookers and is now standing between the two rivals and the men holding them back. It's the General Manager Edge! He sighs and rolls his eyes when he sees who is causing all the commotion.

[[EDGE]]
Of course it's you two!

PAC bursts out in anger.

The Bastard
PAC
THIS IS HOW YOU RUN YOUR COMPANY, HUH?! YOU LET FANS BACKSTAGE NOW?! YOU AND THE FAN ARE A DISGRA...

PAC is interrupted again, this time by EDGE.

[[EDGE]]
ENOUGH! You go on and on about how he's a "fan", but he's much more than that. He is the winner of Christian's "Superstar Hunt" and last week he was on his way to winning his very own XWL contract until you got involved. I personally invited 'Hangman' here tonight to discuss a rematch but now that I have you here PAC, I'm gonna give you the rundown as well.

EDGE looks at both men to make sure he has their complete attention. He turns to the 'Hangman'.

[[EDGE]]
'Hangman' Adam Page... next week, you will have your rematch. It will once again be a singles match and if you can win, you will officially become an XWL Superstar! And just so there will be no interruptions...no interference...

EDGE turns toward 'The Bastard'.

[[EDGE]]
PAC, you will be BANNED from the building!

This sets PAC off! He is livid as he tries to argue with the General Manager. EDGE simply talks over 'The Bastard'.

[[EDGE]]
If you even show your face next week, you will be suspended for 90-days without pay! Do I make myself clear?

PAC continues to yell and argue at EDGE, but this confuses the General Manager. EDGE turns toward one of his assistants.

[[EDGE]]
Do you know what he's saying?

The assistant shakes their head, unsure of what PAC is saying as well.

[[EDGE]]
Put "Hire translator for Bastard guy" on my to-do list. Seriously, who has been booking promo segments for this guy?

EDGE turns and walks away, shaking his head. We see 'Hangman' glowing with happiness after just finding out his plans for Next Week. Meanwhile, PAC begins hammering away on the referees holding him back.

High Octane continues.

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 11:45 am

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 7BjlDcg

"11 months ago Alexa Bliss was introduced to Io Shirai in an impromptu match setup by her best friend Kairi who wanted to give both Women an opportunity have a spotlight on Pay-Per-View. For Alexa it was a chance to showcase her ability as she fought to receive a North American title opportunity...for Io? It was her first chance to show XWL what she was made of...and long story short, they did not disappoint. As a victorious Alexa grabbed a mic and commended Io for the match they just had...she said something that really is the entire reason I'm pairing them up tonight...she hoped that they could do it again after she becomes North American Champion. Well, I'm in the business of making hopes and dreams come true. So while she's certainly a lot more dark and mysterious since the last time you fought don't worry about having to say her name three times...she'll be right in front of you tonight. No need to thank me."

The scene opens up with The North American Champion Alexa Bliss bidding farewell to Kairi with a hug as the two part ways due to Alexa's match against Io Shirai being next. Because due to the actions of Alexa during Kairi's match with Britt? Kairi has clearly been prevented from joining Bliss for her match for fear a similar outcome may transpire. As The Co-North American Champions head in different directions, Little Miss Champion herself walks to the curtain where she comes face to face with a face hanging out in the shadows. This shadow has a face and it belongs to Io Shirai herself.

Io looks at Bliss and Alexa flashes a smile, Io raises her chin and then postures herself up but not in the way of getting face to face, more casual and with a powerful demeanor, the expression on her face is her raising her eyebrows and then smiles, keeping that smile as she begins to speak.

[[The Dreamcatcher]]
ノの 丂んノ尺ムノ
Anata wa kon'ya kudaru tsumoridesu, watashi wa anata no rei o agemasu.

(Translation: You're going down tonight, I will make an example of you. )

While those of us with the benefit of google translate understand what The Dark Collector has stated...Alexa, is without that benefit and because of such she simply responds with a cheerful smile.

[[Alexa Bliss]]
Thanks, you too! I'm really looking forward to stepping back in the ring with you it feels like it's been forever, huh? And while you've changed a bit since our last encounter...I obviously have as well.

Bliss looks down at The Championship around her waist with a grin, back when they fought 11 months ago she was fighting to get an opportunity at what's now proudly in her possession.

[[The Dreamcatcher]]
ノの 丂んノ尺ムノ
Kikoeru? Watashi wa anata o himei sa se, watashi wa anata o nakasemasu. Dakara, modotte kairi o ima to onajiyōni dakishimete kudasai. Mata ne, arekusa.

(Translation: Do you hear me? I will make you scream, I will make you cry. So you should go back and hug Kairi as you are now, because you will NOT be the same after I'm done with you. See you out there, Alexa..)

Still completely oblivious, Alexa goes to hug Io as if that's what she thinks she just said but before she can Io brushes past  Bliss flipping up her hood.. to go up the stairs and through the curtain as her theme is about to play. With The Dark Collector out of sight, a bystander who witnessed the exchange walks up with a serious look of concern.

[[Bystander]]
Uh, that didn't sound like it went too well, are you okay?

Alexa looks at the man with about the same level of confusion as you would expect someone who has no idea what actually just happened would have.

[[Alexa Bliss]]
What are you talking about? She wished me luck.

[[Bystander]]
I mean I don't speak Japanese but...her tone wasn't exactly, warm and fuzzy.

[[Alexa Bliss]]
Maybe to the untrained ear, but Kairi taught me a bunch of Japanese lately and while I still have a ways to go...I'll translate the basics for you. She wished me luck and she's very excited to step back in the ring with me as well. We had a fantastic match last year.

[[Bystander]]
I'm pretty certain that's not at all what she said.

[[Alexa Bliss]]
Nonsense, yes she's a bit darker and broodier than I remember her being...but we forged something beautiful at International Incident and personality changes don't suddenly erase that. We're good, trust me.

[[Bystander]]
Maybe you should trust me when I say...I don't think you're as "good" as you think.

[[Alexa Bliss]]
Listen I see what you're trying to do, did Edge put you up to this? He couldn't get his sought after betrayal so now he's trying to have you turn Io against us? Give it a rest. We're all going out for dinner after this is over with, so find some other fake propaganda to spread because you won't ruin this moment for us. And frankly you should be ashamed of yourself for saying all of this when Io isn't here to defend herself against your baseless attack on her character. So if you'll excuse me, I have a match against my best buddies' old friend which by proxy is my friend, and we're going to go have a friendly match because not everyone is so obsessed with destroying bonds like you seem to be right now.

Five Feet Of Fury after letting the nosy bystander have it walks away from them with her arms crossed done with their attempt at causing issue where there apparently is none in her eyes...and as she heads toward the curtain the camera switches to the stage where the theme of Io starts and the  lights flicker almost instantly and the words “IO SHIRAI” are bolded in on the titantron. The music picks up rapidly and all you can see within each flash of white is the outline of a figure.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] WRALBoi

Io looks at herself in the camera, pulling her hood down with the beat and runs her finger down a strand of her hair all the way to the end of her cheek. She pouts in the camera for a few seconds, and then pulls the jacket she’s wearing down to her shoulders, and the camera men get out of the way as The Dark Collector and Dreamcatcher of the XWL women's division is not wasting any time.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] PDp0wea

Io starts swinging wildly and the slow motion picks this up as she gets closer to the ring, rights and lefts, and kicks and screaming to top it all off, at the top of her lungs. She blows her hair out of her face with hot breath and then reaches the end of the ramp, stopping in her tracks. The fans in the front row try to touch Io and she intimidates them by stepping forward slightly and they retract, Io then runs around the ring and swings herself around the post, onto the apron, she jumps onto the turnbuckle and extends her body backwards, posing and then flips herself in a rotation to her feet with her arms out.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] GjQYH5c

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] TmXofIq

Shirai without hesitation, grabs onto the ropes nearest to her and hangs onto them, nearly falling over, her hair covering her face, she poses once more and then flips her hair up and down before bouncing off the ropes, to the corner, where she perches. Io mutters to herself and takes off her jacket entirely, and throws it to the outside. Io looks up at the ramp awaiting for Bliss to arrive.

Despite her defensive outburst on the bystander, when Alexa's theme sounds through the arena fans jump to their feet letting out cheers and holding up signs in support of The Co-North American Champion who strolls out on top of the stage and the first thing she does...is wave at Io awaiting her in the ring.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] N6M02lu

After waving at her "pal" or so she thinks...she throws both of her hands in front of her striking her signature pose with the biggest smile on her face.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 25VTLdZ

Her hands lower down to The North American Championship proudly around her waist, and they touch both of the side plates on it that as she went out of her way to establish last week...do not have her logos or name on them, no instead they have her best friend and fellow Co-Champion Kairi Sane's on them. Kairi may not be allowed out here due to Bliss' interference which led to Britt Baker to win her match against The Pirate Princess by disqualification...but she is very much still here in spirit thanks to their friendship title. She heads down the ramp eager to step back into the ring with Io after all this time, then props up onto the apron and steps into the ring removing her title from around her waist and raising it into the air before it lowers across her shoulder. After winking at the camera with pride as she poses with her Championship she hands it over to a ringside attendant then backs into her respective corner awaiting this match to begin.  

SPOILERS AHEAD

-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-

A feeling of "Bliss" overcomes The Co-North American Champion as she pushes up off of Io releasing her leg and dusting her gloved hands off. She had a very tough match, far tougher than the last time she fought this woman...but just like 11 months ago when they first met? Alexa Bliss is STILL the winner of their competitive blowout and she certainly seems quite pleased with herself. And who could blame her, the title wasn't even on the line tonight, and after the huge transformation Io has shown since returning last month? Many expected an upset victory tonight however...while Io may have evolved, Alexa herself has changed since the last time they fought as well.

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
With a victory like this you are again reminded that Alexa Bliss is no longer that overzealous rookie that first burst onto the scene almost five years ago.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
Absolutely not, she started off slow but the last two years she has been able to hang with and BEAT the best of them. Let's not forget the rivalry that elevated her against Asuka...she's no stranger to facing Japan's greatest exports and to be at the level she is right now is truly astounding.

[[Corey Graves]]
At least everyone is finally giving Alexa her credit...

[[Beth Phoenix]]
I'm sorry what? You're like the main example of someone just 6 months ago refused to.

[[Corey Graves]]
Listen Beth, respectfully I'm going to have to ask you to stop spreading that fake news.

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
Nonetheless this was certainly an incredible match but history was not rewritten here tonight it was only reaffirmed.

Little Miss Champion pulls herself up to her feet and immediately looks at the official with an expectant gaze, but he doesn't quite catch on soon enough and she points to her lowered arm as her eyes widen. "Hello? Raise my hand?" He nods apologizing for forgetting to do so then grabs her by her wrist and raises her hand into the air signifying she is indeed the victor of this match...as if that needed pointing out.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
Let's go back to the final moments of this match though, they were very aware of each others moves, in fact they seemed to be prepared for anything and that of course led to the end when Io went for that swift kick of hers and Alexa dropped down at just the right moment, and as Io's momentum spun her around Bliss saw her opportunity and delivered that Curb Stomp of hers that has put away so many opponents since introducing it to her arsenal.

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
One thing about that kick from Io, she's an incredible striker and as we saw throughout the duration of the match her kicks were nothing short of astounding. I think if that kick landed we might have had a different outcome.

Alexa basks in her victory but her joy somewhat fades as she realizes one thing is missing, her title. She pulls her arm away from the official pointing to the ropes beckoning him to bring her back the title he took before this contest started. He walks over and retrieves The North American Championship however instead of waiting for it to be extended to her she rips it out of his grasp and giddily smiles...before that smile turns sour and she again looks at him with a demanding gaze. "Hello? Raise my hand again, we gotta do it all over." You can see him exhale slightly before doing as she said and raising her arm but instead of soaking in the moment she immediately lowers her arm back down. Why does she do this? Because she notices that Io is stirring, and after having the back of her head stomped into the canvas...you're bound to be a little loopy. So Alexa seeing her struggle to get up much like their last encounter at International Incident last year...follows the example she set for herself back then and walks over to her fallen opponent and extends her title-less hand to her with a warm smile.

"You did great, you'll get me next time!"

She playfully laughs, extending her hand even closer to The Dark Collector...who...unfortunately collected nothing but an "L" tonight. Alexa's theme comes to a halt as a hush comes over the arena...while this may have been a wise idea last year...we're not entirely sure Io is interested in this show of respect...even if they share a mutual friend in Kairi Sane it's still been quite a long time since even they've been together so...the jury is out right in this moment as to whether Alexa should be trying to shake her hand, or fleeing the ring before Io had a chance to recover and potentially retaliate. But as Alexa waves her hand in her face, perhaps trying to get her attention as if she assumes that's why Io hasn't taken her hand yet...Io looks up suddenly with...a sincere smile?

She grabs Alexa's hand with her own and Five Feet Of Fury pulls Io up to a standing position as the two share a show of respect. The crowd starts to applaud this act, but we notice something is slightly off with this...for one, Io's smiles kind of...becomes more twisted? It still has remnants of softness but it's almost...deranged in a sense? Not only that but Alexa noticeably starts to squirm as her leg pops off of the mat as a sheer reflex and we notice her arm twist slightly. The camera zooms in on their "handshake" and Io's grip of Alexa's hand is a bit...forceful?  

"Ow, easy there."

That admission of pain seems to make Io's smile yet again alter its state...somehow a smile has never given us the heebie-jeebies like this until this moment and Alexa is no exception to that feeling...

"Okay well, good luck with everything have a nice night."

She starts to try and walk past Io, her hand still trapped in Io's "respectful" vice-grip...and she notices she's not really moving. No she's trying to walk toward the ropes to leave but her hand is pulling her back, and Alexa's head turns unsure of how to proceed. I mean they're cool, or at least that's what she thought...so what's her deal? Is she that hung up on respect that this has to go on forever?

"Listen, I appreciate the respect and all bu-"

Within a blink of an eye, Io pulls in the tight grip of Bliss and her own momentum allows her to cascade into the hook kick onto Bliss’s forearm and pushes it down, breaking the handshake and aleviating the pain, but is she really? Not for long as Shirai is already corking up the same kick that she went for earlier to finish the match up. Io this time..

CONNECTS OFF THE JAW OF BLISS.

Bliss tries to react and grab the side of her face but much like for Candice, it was too late. Shirai calculates the exact moment Bliss is about to fall and cracks her in the orbital bone with a devastating SPIN KICK. Io stumbles over Bliss from the power and everyone isn’t too shocked by this, only by the impact itself.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
You’re kidding me, Io is going too far to prove a point, don’t you think?

[[Corey Graves]]
You must be delusional if you think Io has forgotten, she’s simply making amends with herself and adding peace to her chaotic mind, feeling as if she’s gotten even, she tried to within this match and it wasn’t enough so she had to take it to the next level.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
The next level?

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
The level that nobody thought she was capable of, she’s righting a wrong in her mind, ONE YEAR in the making. Collecting her thoughts..as she seems to be doing right now.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
I can only imagine what’s going on inside her head, actually never mind.. I don’t want to know.

Io looks down at a well, downed Bliss by her own kicks, executing them to sheer perfection and by sheer we mean Bliss hasn’t moved since. Io is in a state that appears as if she could be frozen in time, her eyes not moving off of Bliss who is breathing heavily. Io bends down and takes the wrist of Bliss, then clasping the hand in between her palm and shakes it violently, and then rotates her entire body, to pull Bliss on top of her, she inserts her shin across the throat of Bliss and links her hands behind Alexa’s neck.. shoving her shin into the throat and Alexa flails wildly, much like Britt Baker did last week. Only this time, Bliss is showing fighting instincts instead of immediate panic. Bliss is trying to roll out of it and Io yanks down harder, shaking her head no to the removal of the hold.

[[Corey Graves]]
You have to give it up to The Co-North American Champion she's trying to fight her off but ultimately
failing miserably.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
The Dark Collector looking to collect the blood of The North American Champion just as she did Britt Baker's last week.

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
Alexa may have won this match but she can't feel like much of a winner right now.

Bliss' body is rag-dolling itself every which way. Nails digging into the mat, one hand tries to claw at Io's body but it's as if Io is latched on so tightly she doesn't feel anything that Bliss is trying to throw her way. Alexa's feet flail out toward the ropes, a rope break isn't exactly a thing in this predicament but it's second nature for competitors to search for their safety and hey if she could crawl toward them she could gain distance to separate herself from Io's destructive submission. However nothing she does seems to be successful, she's very quickly losing all of the oxygen within her, and with the loss of her breath so goes her energy to keep fighting. All hope seems lost...that is until suddenly the arena comes in an uproar...not of louder boos but CHEERS...the Calvary is here! Alexa's bestie and fellow North American Champion leaps up onto the apron then scales the top turnbuckle looking to crash Io's sore loser party the only way she knows how...with an INSANE ELBOW!  

[[Beth Phoenix]]
Here comes Kairi Sane!

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
I don't know where the hell she came from but thank goodness she's here!

Ready to save the day, Io launches herself off the top rope, thrusting her elbow up, and contorting her body to deliver a BRUTAL landing to the woman that once was one of her closest friends...but that friend has gone very dark since those days and they're trying to cause serious harm to her best friend...and that is something she cannot let go unpunished. The second she soared into the air...suddenly Io Shirai looks directly up, as if she knew she was here...and smiles at her in the most chilling way, releasing her hold of Bliss...and slithering backward just before Kairi could make contact! And without her original target in the line of fire...her elbow's destination had only one place to go...and the audience gasps as Kairi Sane delivers an UNWILLING Insane Elbow into the heart of ALEXA BLISS! The wind is knocked right out of The Co-North American Champ by the OTHER Co-North American Champion...but that's not all. No the second the elbow is driven into Bliss, the triangle like choke had already done it's worst on Bliss and the force from Kairi's elbow causes her to spew out blood into the air making this once heroic moment turn horribly wrong so quickly!

[[Beth Phoenix]]
OH MY GOODNESS!

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
Io Shirai just caused Kairi's heroic moment to be more hurtful than it was helpful!

Io twists her sights to the ropes presses her haunches down into the mat, she puts two fingers down and looks at Kairi dead in the face with an almost thousand yard stare. Shirai then plays with her hair for a moment and smiles as she pulls herself out of the ring in one fluid motion. Io with a puppy dog face mocking the hurt Bliss, laughs uncontrollably as she's backing up on the ramp. Kairi puts her attention back to Bliss and Io holds onto her chest fake coughing and then mouths "Whatever" to herself and puts both of her arms out as she reaches the curtain and goes backstage leaving Kairi and Bliss alone.

[[Corey Graves]]
We asked ourselves how anyone would combat a pair of Co-Champions...and it looks like Io just showed how, by being alert and having that killer instinct to really make them numbers advantage somehow be a disadvantage.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
That triangle choke left Britt Baker bleeding from her mouth, and despite Alexa's efforts to fend her off, not only did Io deliver the same result to her...but that moment had an exclamation point in Kairi inadvertently delivering an Insane Elbow that not only knocked the wind out of her bestie...but the blood as well.

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
With Ruby Riott's outburst earlier leading to a match with our very own Beth Phoenix next week...then Alexa Bliss getting baited into lending Britt Baker the disqualification victory and a "flossy" exit at the expense of the two champions...and now Io Shirai collecting a loss but leaving a wreckage in the wake of the aftermath of that loss? I think we're even more confused as to what awaits The North American Championship at Final Stand than we were heading into tonight.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
The Women's Division has certainly shined throughout tonight's show and when it comes to potential challengers? These Women are using every opportunity to make sure their name comes up in that conversation.

The final sight before we head to a quick advertisement break is Alexa Bliss resting in Kairi's lap as The Pirate Princess wipes away a stray line of blood from her best friend's mouth but while she's clearly concerned for her friend...her eyes remain staring at the stage where the culprit for her friend's current state of misery once stood.

Back to top Go down
Legal
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] LR4v4H2

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Bryan's back makes impact with the turnbuckle, causing his face to strain and contort in pain as this match has not only shown its wear and tear on Bryan, but also his opponent in Sami Zayn, a competitive match being on display for the live audience in attendance and those watching at home. Zayn's back meets a turnbuckle of its own, albeit not to the level that Bryan's has, but contact nonetheless, as he begins to measure up his opponent for what could only be his accurately deadly Helluva Kick, a move that Bryan managed to avoid earlier in the match but will lightning strike twice for the Canadian, or with The Corporate Dragon turn the tide into his favor? Zayn, with as much force as he could muster, launches himself from the turnbuckle and makes a beeline towards his dazed opponent, ready to put an end to this match and prove this was an “easy” victory, despite the length and competitive nature of the match proving quite the opposite. The distance between them is closed at a rapid pace due to Zayn's inhumane speed and when he gets within striking distance, he throws his foot into the air, using the momentum to his full advantage to drive the bottom of his boot into Bryan's skull and put an end to this test of endurance.

Just when it seemed like this would be nothing more than a formality, Bryan is able to subtly avoid contact, only being slightly grazed by Zayn's boot, and while there was no real damage done, there was a mark on his cheek where the boot slid across. He quickly follows up with a direct shot to Zayn's Tim Horton's branded “donut holes,” bringing not only a halt to his immediate offense, but an end to this otherwise spectacular match, the referee calling for the bell as this match has unfortunately ended via disqualification. Boos rain down into the ring as Zayn falls to the canvas, holding his Canadian Jewels while Bryan looks down at him, no semblance of remorse or regret in his eyes but a sinister smirk slowly forming on his face, gracious of the opportunity he has afforded himself here tonight. It becomes abundantly clear that Bryan didn't accept this match out of the goodness of his heart or to prove Zayn wrong, no, he's here for one reason and one reason alone: To use Sami Zayn as an example for anybody that has the audacity to challenge him in the future.

Bryan drops down to a knee besides Zayn, pulling him up to a kneeling position, despite his current predicament, and due to that, he's in no position to retaliate, not yet at least. The Corporate Dragon mouths, “You chose this, remember that...” before rising back to his feet and immediately unleashing a a calculated kick to Zayn's unprotected chest, and without hesitation, quickly follows up with another, and a third, then a fourth, the pace quickly skyrocketing and one kicks bleeds into the next, Bryan's flawless form allowing him to throw out kicks before the live audience in attendance can even register them. Bryan's offense reaches its unnatural end, allowing Zayn a single moment of reprieve, his chest virtually glowing red after the punishment it had to endure. That single second is up and Bryan winds back his foot, ready for the grand crescendo in the form of a Roundhouse Kick to Zayn's skull, the irony not lost on The Corporate Dragon. Bryan's foot pierces the air and makes contact with Zayn's head, causing the Canadian to fall forward at Bryan's feet, his lifeless body nothing more than a pawn in Bryan's game. Instead of continuing this assault, Bryan simply drops down to a knee and rolls out of the ring through the bottom rope, not even resorting to using his trademark Running Knee to put the exclamation point on this “victory,” telling Zayn that he's not worthy to take the maneuver that has toppled men much larger than him in the past. The last image we see is that of Bryan disappearing behind the curtain while the referee checks on Sami Zayn as the screen fades into a commercial break.

Back to top Go down
Sam
Upper Mid Card
Sam

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 10:35 am

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] YbWat5b

We kick off another highly anticipated bout for the coveted and redesigned Women's Championship by welcoming Liv Morgan to the stage. Well, welcome isn't likely the most accurate word for it, as the fans stand to their feet and project their boos toward the stage in unison while Liv's music box introduction begins to play over the sound system.

MAURO RANALLO
Welcome back to our very first episode of High Octane, ladies and gentlemen. We are keeping things rolling here with a contest for the brand new XWL Women's Championship between two women who have been perilously intertwined professionally and personally for the last two consecutive years. Beth, you had the opportunity to reveal the fresh new design for the Women's Championship last week on Octane alongside the sitting Champion, Sasha Banks. Tell us a little about the recovery process for the previous Women's Championship and how it was incorporated into the new design that these two Superstars will be competing for tonight.

As the commentators speak, Liv walks out from behind the curtain and makes her way center stage. Her hands are clasped behind her back, and her eyes are staring straight ahead, not paying the screaming crowd any attention.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] MDRuwv6

BETH PHOENIX
It was a process indeed, Mauro. The Women's Division has become such a defining feature of the company over the last few years. They are often at the forefront of our industry and have earned their share of spotlight. Recognizing that, we wanted a design that felt worthy of all of the women who have fought for that title in the past as well as those who are fighting for it in our present division. While I can't condone the reckless and irresponsible actions by one member in particular who happens to be gracing your screens now, I am still incredibly proud of our roster. Adam and I had the new design figured out for the most part, but it was missing something that we couldn't quite put our fingers on... After watching in shock with the rest of the world as Liv Morgan stole the Championship and threw it off a bridge, we assembled a search team to try and recover whatever was left of it. It took some time, but they finally were able to regain the remains. At that point, we knew that the best way to return the respect that was taken from all of our former Champions was to incorporate what was left of that Championship into the new design that Liv Morgan and Sasha Banks will be competing for shortly.

After making her way across the stage, Liv puts a little pep in her step that propels her into a quick twirl.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] K1Czyf0

COREY GRAVES
So basically what I'm hearing is that Liv Morgan did you and your husband a favor?

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] U4qvsPU

BETH PHOENIX
And how exactly do you figure that, Corey?

COREY GRAVES
Well, you said yourself that you and Edge were at a roadblock when redesigning the Women's Championship until Liv did what she did and solved your problem. In theory, you should be THANKING Liv!

After finishing her twirl, Liv comes to a halt with the back of her hand resting just beneath her chin in a pseudo-innocent pose.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 8xZP2hV

MAURO RANALLO
I don't think that's quite what Beth was saying...

BETH PHOENIX
You know Corey, you have such an amazing talent of being able to put a spin on any given situation to make it fit your agenda. While I appreciate you for that, it isn't at all representative of what I was saying. What Liv Morgan did two weeks ago was practically criminal- actually, it was completely criminal. She first stole the Championship from Sasha Banks, she committed grand theft auto of an Uber, don't even get me started on the traffic violations, and ultimately the destruction of stolen property in the form of the Women's Title. Those actions are not tolerable and do not accurately represent the new XWL and what we stand for. Although we've become profitable as a company once again since re-branding, we did have to dip into those funds in order to compensate the Uber driver, the cameraman who experienced immense amounts of trauma, and the search team who recovered the Women's Championship. If it weren't for Sasha Banks understandably wanting to get her hands on Liv Morgan, she would have been suspended for her actions.

Liv slides her hand back from under her chin to the nape of her neck. In a swift motion, she flicks her platinum-silver locks back over her shoulder with one large swipe.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] HjVLVsp

MAURO RANALLO
Liv Morgan underwent quite the metamorphosis during our "off season" a couple of months ago. In a series of XWL.com Exclusives, we witnessed the once quirky, colorful, and unpredictable superstar go through numerous changes. This much darker and more adult image that we see now was brought on by the cumulative grief, abuse, and mental as well as emotional trauma at the hands of Sasha Banks. While Sasha has turned over a new leaf, you had to acknowledge to complex situation at hand here. I'm no psychologist, but it seems to me that in a sense, Liv was a victim who took on the role of the aggressor as some sort of a coping mechanism. She now looks to "correct" all of her losses at the expense of the Women's Champion, Sasha Banks, vowing that she is her Karma incarnate and as long as she exists in XWL, Sasha will not be a Champion.

COREY GRAVES
EXCELLENT point, Mauro! You can ridicule Liv Morgan and her unconventional actions all you want Beth, but when you look into WHY these things are happening it all boils down to your golden girl, Sasha Banks. When Liv first started in XWL, she was a starry-eyed newcomer with a dream of making it big. A girl who grew up being so inspired by women such as yourself that she built a makeshift wrestling ring in her own backyard. That innocence was taken from her by the woman you so PROUDLY endorse.

Liv rejoins her hands behind her back as she begins to trot down the ramp and towards the ring while the discussion on commentary continues.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] BmLdqud

BETH PHOENIX
I know that in this business nobody's hands are completely clean, and I recognize the actions that Sasha Banks has taken, but I also don't judge somebody for what they've done in the past. I appreciate them for what they're doing in the present, and what Sasha Banks is doing right now is setting an example for all of the women and the little girls who watch our product. I'm a firm believer that people change.

COREY GRAVES
That they do, and Liv Morgan has taken it upon herself to change her status from a victim to a victor. The Blueprint is about to be destroyed by the very monster that she created, and when that happens I certainly hope that you intend to instill Liv with the same amount of respect that you award to Sasha.

BETH PHOENIX
So long as she honors the Title that she's competing for tonight, but I wouldn't be so quick to count out the Boss there, Corey. She's one of the greatest talents in professional wrestling for a reason. Liv Morgan may be unruly and unpredictable, but Sasha has always taken her opposition in stride.

Liv makes it to the bottom of the ramp and wastes no time rolling in beneath the bottom rope. She rolls until she reaches the center of the ring where she stops and rises up onto her knees. As she does this, she reaches back and tugs at the sleeves of her leather jacket while giving her shoulders a quick shimmying motion to ease it off.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 5TnefhR

COREY GRAVES
I wouldn't be so quick to discount Liv Morgan either, Beth. She is a former Women's Champion in her own right, and beat the likes of Tessa Blanchard to achieve that. Additionally, she's been on a roll on Octane lately, defeating the likes of Io Shirai and Sarah Logan in her last two matches. The Blueprint could very well be next on the chopping block.

BETH PHOENIX
I'll never take her achievements for granted or sell her short, I think Liv is an incredibly unique talent and despite everything she's been through, she's managed to become one of the driving forces of our Women's Division. She's arguably the most cunning and unpredictable competitor we have. I've spoken to a few of her opponents in the past who have compared facing Liv to trying to cage a wolf spider. Nearly impossible to pin down, and once you do get her backed into a corner you're at a significant risk of getting bitten. While I haven't had the opportunity to share the ring with her myself, just after witnessing some of her matches, I don't think I could come up with a more accurate comparison.

Liv then stands up to her feet and walks towards the ropes directly in front of her. She steps through with her right leg and ducks her head down below the top rope. As she comes through on the other side, she flips her hair back over the rope.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] ADzIwdK

MAURO RANALLO
And after taking on the persona of Karma herself, Liv Morgan has even more to fight for, in her mind. She's not just competing to regain the Women's Championship, she just as badly wants to make Sasha Banks suffer for the sins of her past. It's an interesting situation with these two because their history is so significant and provides the context to everything that we're seeing unfold now. The last two years of these women's lives have all been building to this moment. A constant battle for power between two best friends, lovers, and arch enemies.

For the first time since she's appeared on our screen, Liv cracks a smile as the camera zooms in closer onto her face. The look in her eyes suggests that she's confident in her ability to capitalize off of this opportunity and make Banks pay her debts in the process.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 5vGhgql

BETH PHOENIX
Motivations aside, these two have proven that they create magic every time they step in the ring together whether it's as partners or opponents. They are an undeniable force together and a combustible element against one another. Regardless of the outcome tonight, I'm confident that these two Superstars will put on a five star performance.

Liv holds the camera with her smirk and her gaze until she finally retreats back into the ring. She bends down and hooks the collar of her jacket with her index finger before casually tossing it back over her shoulder.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Mvv5318

Liv makes her way into her respective corner of the ring to await the arrival of the Women's Champion. She spins around on the heel of her boot and leans back into the turnbuckle, draping her arms across the top rope comfortable as she faces the stage in anticipation.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Fg3NrGJ

Her theme finally fades out in order to make way for the Boss to take the stage in the coming moments. The crowd's boos already begin to die down as everyone takes a breath to prepare themselves for one of XWL's greatest, the Blueprint, Sasha Banks....

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Tenor

And suddenly, the entire atmosphere in the arena changes. The lights in the arena all
shut off except the few that shine down on Sasha Banks and those that shine are a deep
shade of blue. Her theme drops and heavy beats echo throughout the arena speakers.

'CAUSE A GIRL GON PUSH 'EM ALL OUT THE WAY

The XWL Women's Champion rocks her hips to the side with arms extended outwards as
she truly embraces the response from the crowd. Sasha then twirls her arms and pushes
her hands out to the side. A confident smile crosses her features as her glasses are taken
from her face and then tossed to the side as color returns to the arena.

MAURO RANALLO
As Michael Cole famously once said, it's Boss time! The champion is in the building!

BETH PHOENIX
And she's got a new theme accompanying her to the ring. That's right. Sasha's cousin,
Snoop Dogg himself, has provided the vocals for the Boss' new remixed theme song. I
can imagine that not a lot of people know that the two of them are indeed related and
it was a pleasure working with Snoop to make a new theme for Sasha.

COREY GRAVES
Oh, was it? I have a question, Beth; did your husband and Snoop sm-

BETH PHOENIX
Now's not the time for comments like that Corey, but no. The answer is no.

MAURO RANALLO
Let's focus on the match on hand, guys. We have a main-event worth match-up about
to happen and I for one am ecstatic. Beth, you mentioned how these two create magic
every time they're in the ring with each other and whether their on the same side or
standing across from each other... I could not agree more! Sasha Banks is an incredible
performer and I think it's no secret that she brings out the best of everyone she shares
a ring with. You know you're in for something good when Sasha's involved.

COREY GRAVES
Liv Morgan, too. Don't make it sound like Sasha Banks has been carrying Liv Morgan.

Sasha Banks begins to walk to the ring with an overabundance of confidence in each
step that she took yet her eyes stayed locked on the challenger inside of the ring.

BETH PHOENIX
I don't think Mauro is trying to discredit anyone. Sasha Banks just has this resume that
is almost unparalleled. Win or lose, Sasha Banks is someone who will deliver if not one
of the matches of the night then THE match of the night.

COREY GRAVES
Let me ask you something: is tonight really about trying to make a five-star classic? I
can assure you that tonight is not about LEGACY but about personal dislike for
one another. As amazing as that new championship is, and I'm going to give credit
where credit is due and say you and your husband designed an amazing championship
for the women, you can almost pretend that championship isn't here.

MAURO RANALLO
But having the championship be associated with this rivalry brings a lot of attention to
the championship. This is without a doubt the hottest rivalry in our women's division
and it's only fitting that the hottest rivalry is the one that carries the championship
with it. These women might not need the championship but they've earned it.

Speaking of the championship, it's holder has reached near the end of the ramp where
she flashes a smile and brings her hand to her chest as she sees a little girl holding up
a sign while sporting some merchandise of the Boss.

MAURO RANALLO
Beth, I have a question for you. What happens tonight if Sasha Banks was to beat Liv
Morgan? Will that put Liv Morgan's Final Stand spot in jeopardy?

BETH PHOENIX
I'm going to say yes, Mauro, but there's still a lot of time between tonight and Final
Stand. Edge and I haven't discussed any 'what-ifs' yet because we don't want to get
ahead of ourselves. Liv Morgan could very well beat the Blueprint tonight, capture
the championship, and walk into Final Stand as the champion.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Jnd6cS8

Sasha Banks stops at the bottom of the ramp and her attention once again returns to
Liv Morgan who's still in the ring. Sasha lifts her hand to her mouth, places a kiss on her
fingers, and then blows the kiss to Liv Morgan before laughing.

COREY GRAVES
The Boss is looking pretty confident. It'd be a shame if that'd come back to bite her.

MAURO RANALLO
I mean, if you look at who she's facing then I say there's a good chance that she could
get bitten. Liv Morgan is almost as crazy as some American citizens during an epidemic.

And then Sasha goes to get in the ring, legitimately, with her championship so the match can get ready to begin.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] LkGQEvG

Once both women are in the ring, Liv stands up and begins walking towards Sasha. The referee quickly interjects, holding an arm out between the two as he directs them to stand on either side of himself.

MIKE ROME
The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the XWL WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP!... Introducing first, the challenger... From Elmwood Park, New Jersey... LIIIIV, MOOOORGAAAAAN!

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] PYdd856

The crowd lays into Liv with a chorus of boos, but her attention an pupils don't deviate from Sasha Banks for so much as a split second. Visually, she looks like a horse at the Kentucky Derby eagerly awaiting the gate to open up at the starting line so she can try her best to exact some kind of Karmic revenge at the Champion's expense.

MIKE ROME
And her opponent... She is the XWL Women's Champion... From Boston, Massachusetts... SASHAAAA, BAAAAANKS!

In stark contrast to the reaction Morgan just got seconds prior, the crowd roars in favor of Banks, who eats it up and raises her belt high into the air to appease the fans, and to remind Liv Morgan exactly who she's dealing with. Following that, the referee receives the newly redesigned XWL Women's Championship from the Boss and raises it with both hands in the center of the ring before handing it off to ringside so this match can get underway.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] U9FxrTu

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

With Liv backed into the corner, Sasha runs forward and lands a mean forearm straight to the jaw that knocks Liv out of commission for the next few seconds. Using this time, Banks lifts Morgan's legs up and lays her out across both roots of the second rope that branch out from the turnbuckle. After Liv is in the prime position with her midsection exposed, Sasha uses the bottom rope to propel herself into the air. She lifts both knees which begin to come down from the air and are headed straight for Liv's gut. The expert possum-player catches the Blueprint off guard however as she bolts out of the corner just in time to send Banks crashing down onto the mat with both knees. Liv gathers herself across the ring as Sasha grabs hold of the second ropes, facing the turnbuckle, which gives Liv the only opening she needed. The blonde charges forward, leaping up onto the second rope and using it to spring high into the air before bringing both feet down towards the bare spine of the blue-haired Boss. Just before the heel of Liv's boots connect, Sasha shows that she possesses just as much wherewithal and pushes herself back out of the corner just in time. Liv lands on her feet and turns around to face Sasha, who is now back on her feet and looking her opponent right back in the eye. These two know each other so well, better than anyone else, and it's showing here. It's truly anyone's match at this point, and that seems to be registering in the minds of both superstars. Liv licks her lips as Sasha clenches her jaw and both women prepare for their next collision. The two begin to circle the ring, their burning gazes not leaving the other for so much as a second. That single second could be what leads to either competitor landing on their back for the three count, and that isn't something Sasha or Liv were willing to risk. They were both out to prove something not just to one another, but to themselves.

Liv makes the first move as she attempts to sweep the legs out from beneath Sasha with a quick and low kick. Sasha quickly jumps up, avoiding the attack and landing back on her feet. The Boss follows up with a quick attempt at a clothesline, but Morgan flexes back into a matrix evasion! As Sasha stumbles forward, Liv reaches over and whips Banks over her into a roll-up, looking to put things away with a schoolboy- NO, she's quick to get back onto her feet and hit Banks with a swift STEP-UP ENZIGURI! Sasha lands on her back as Liv quickly scrambles into a cover, hooking both legs...

ONE...

TW-

KICKOUT!

Sasha powers out with authority, which pushes into an upright seated position. The look in Liv's eyes communicate her frustration, but she knew that Sasha wouldn't go down that easily. Liv eventually stands to her feet and grabs a fistful of blue hair, wrenching it back viciously in order to pull Sasha up to her feet. Ignoring the ref's plea to get off of the hair, Liv places Sasha's head between the middle and top ropes. She then steps behind her and clasps her hands together in front of the throat of Banks before jumping up and wrapping her legs around Sasha's waist, prying back with all her might in a piggyback type of submission that twists and mangles Sasha's body within the ropes. Because of this placement and because of the stipulation, Liv Morgan only has until the count of 5 to apply this hold, to which she keeps in tact until the count of 4. Sasha is hung out to dry on the ropes as Liv backs off momentarily to honor the official's request and not put this title opportunity in jeopardy. Morgan turns her attention to the opposite end of the ring and begins to sprint in that direction until she meets the ropes and rebounds full speed in the direction of Banks. Once again though, the Blueprint catches Liv off guard and drops down, taking the middle rope with her as she pulls it down and sends Morgan spilling to the outside! The crowd is fully behind Banks as she takes a few crucial seconds to catch her breath. Members of the audience lean over the barricade and boo at Liv, who is slowly pulling herself back up onto her feet. As she does, Sasha steps through the ropes and stands on the apron. Just as Liv turns back around to face the ring, METEORA! Sasha jumps off of the apron with both knees, which hit both of Liv's shoulders picture perfectly and send her back onto the outside hard.

Banks quickly gets back onto her feet, hyping the crowd up around her by holding her arms out wide with a: "THAT'S WHY I'M THE BEST!" Sasha eventually turns back around to Liv and grapples her up to her feet. As she does, Liv, who is already hunched over and feeling the effects of the meteora off the apron, uses her shoulder to plow the midsection of Sasha into the barricade! The Boss's spine collides with the lightly padded wall with a nasty thud, prompting the fans in the front row to all lean back and gasp. Sasha has too much momentum to go down like that, however, as she begins swinging and hammering down onto the back of Liv Morgan with a flurry of lefts and rights. Liv finally backs off from the assault, and is quickly whipped back inside of the ring. Banks rolls in after her in an attempt to capitalize by instantly locking in the BANK STATEMENT! The fans rally behind the Blueprint as Liv screams and squirms, realizing that if she doesn't do something quick, this will be the end. Liv's grips the interlocked hands of Banks around her neck and begins to dick her nails into them like claws, desperately scratching for an ounce of freedom from the hold. This attempt is short-lived though, as each time Liv clawed, Sasha wrenched back even harder. Fortunately, the pair were not far from the ropes after Banks applied the hold immediately after rolling in. Realizing this, Liv extends her leg back as far is it'll go, worming herself the necessary few inches until the tip of her boot finally rested on the rope and the referee began his count for Sasha to regrettably break the hold...

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

Her animosity towards Morgan almost costs her as she resents having to release her former lover and current nemesis from her signature submission hold, but she remembers the words of Beth Phoenix who clearly stated that if Sasha Banks were to be disqualified, she would still lose her XWL Women's Championship. This thought causes Banks to release Morgan, who scurries into the ropes for some form of temporary sanctuary. With Liv now struggling against the ropes and the referee forcing Sasha back, the Boss appears to be prepping for the end of this match one way or another, this time with the lethal B-TRIGGER. From across the ring, Sasha gets a running start and heads straight for Liv. Once she gets within range, which doesn't take long given her momentum, Sasha steps up and lifts her knee in search of Liv Morgan's face when- LIV THROWS HERSELF OUT OF THE WAY! With no opponent there to catch the impact, the Boss crashes into the ropes hard, getting caught up in them as they abruptly bring all of her speed to a screeching halt. Now from the other side of the ring, Liv takes a few deep breaths as she drags herself up to her feet and spots her opening.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] H87RSPM

They say that all great minds think alike, and it would appear that both of these women have the end in mind. As soon as Sasha turns around against the ropes, Liv lays all of her cards on the table and charges straight towards the Blueprint, full steam ahead. After having the wind knocked out of her from the collision with the ropes, Sasha is understandably in a compromising position. Liv reaches the other side of the ring just as quickly as Sasha did only seconds prior, and as soon as she reaches close proximity, she lets out a primal scream and leaps up into the ropes while simultaneously hooking her arm around the throat of Banks! Liv bounces off the ropes and snaps back, bringing the face of the Boss straight down onto the mat with her in a flawless execution of her new finishing maneuver, INSTANT KARMA. Liv lays her upper back over the torso of Sasha and hooks a leg for the count...

ONE...

TWO...!

THREE!!

MAURO RANALLO
MY GOD! LIV MORGAN'S DONE IT! She's defeated Sasha Banks and reclaimed the Women's Championship!

BETH PHOENIX
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't in some state of shock, quite honestly, but what a spectacular showing by Sasha Banks as well as your new Women's Champion-... Liv Morgan.

COREY GRAVES
I'm not sure why you're surprised, Beth. You're looking at a now TWO TIME XWL Women's Champion! Sasha tried playing nice and I'll admit, it did get her the Women's Championship... FOR A RECORD-BREAKING TWO WEEKS! But it didn't take long for the universe to correct itself, and that came by the hand of arguably the biggest ghost of Sasha's past, Liv Morgan... She is VENGEANCE. She is KARMA. And for the second time in her career, she is CHAMPION.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] ZeinJgv

Liv rolls over and kips up onto one knee as she pauses to laugh back at the unconscious body of the Blueprint. That hyena-like giggle that we haven't heard in far too long is finally back as Karma receives her payment in full. The referee approaches the center of the ring to meet Morgan with her newly re-acquired Women's Championship, prompting Liv to step up and onto her own two feet. She glances down at the shimmering gold surface of the belt and drags her tongue across her pearly whites with hints of a sinister grin tugging at the corners of her lips.

MAURO RANALLO
Given the transformation that Liv Morgan has made in her quest to become grounded and "real," what does this new Championship reign mean for the rest of the XWL Women's Division, Beth?

BETH PHOENIX
It's hard to say, Mauro. As you pointed out, this is not the same pink-haired, pig-tailed, blue-tongued girl that held the Championship on Anarchy. Sure, there are still glimpses of that girl in the cracks of her toxic relationship with the Blueprint, Sasha Banks, but the scary thing about this Liv Morgan? The REAL Liv Morgan? Is that now, there's a method to her madness. She's no longer aimlessly tormenting and harassing the division like a bratty teenager. Instead we've seen her harness all of that pent up frustration, energy, and trauma, and gear it all towards Sasha Banks, and the result of that, unfortunately for Sasha, paid off tonight.

COREY GRAVES
She said it herself in an interview last week, Karma is the biggest bitch of them all and she always gets the last laugh, and right now? Liv Morgan is the one laughing all the way to the bank.

The XWL Universe has no reservation about voicing their dislike of this outcome. Little girls wearing blue wigs and Legit Boss rings are crying into their father's chests as Liv receives the new Women's Championship into her arms and takes one more moment to glance over it before lifting it as high as her right arm would allow. With wicked lips curved up into a smirk, Liv soaks this moment in, relishing in her revenge. It doesn't take long before she notices Sasha beginning to stir and show just the faintest signs of life. The vengeful cogs begin to turn in Liv's twisted little head as she lowers herself down onto her stomach, staring Sasha dead in her hazy eyes. Liv's chin rests on the new Women's Championship, now rightfully in her possession. As the cameras move closer in on the two, they pick up a few words coming from Liv...

LIV MORGAN
KARMA, BITCH.

She soon drops down and rolls out of the ring, taking the long way around as she raises her title again while strolling by the fans. Not in a cocky, flaunting manner, but more so in a manner that communicates exactly what she's capable of accomplishing on her own. As she does her rounds by the barricade, Liv encounters one of those young fans who is completely decked out from head to toe in Sasha Banks merchandise. Liv stops in her tracks and turns her head towards the girl before tilting it to the side and leaning closer towards the child.

LIV MORGAN
YOU THINK SHE CARES ABOUT YOU? AWWW.... WELL, SHE DOESN'T!

Liv leans closer and in the blink of an eye, reaches up and snatches the unsecured blue wig right off the child's head! The girl screams as the father pulls her back out of Liv's reach with a stern: "HEY!" Liv looks down at the blue chunk of synthetic hair in her hand and then down at her title. She lifts her title up to her face and breaths on it's golden surface, and proceeds to use the wig to buff out any smudging. Once she does a few dramatic, circular motions with it, she throws the wig down onto the floor and aggressively steps over it on her way towards the ramp.

LIV MORGAN
AND SHE NEVER HAS, SO GROW UP.

Liv flicks a section of her icy blonde hair back over her shoulder and props her glistening title onto it before walking out of the arena with her head held high and hellfire in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Plus
Mid Card
Plus

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 2:48 pm

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] IFWeK29

That was it, the contest was over, after one more stunner in the ring Ownes had made the cover on Moxley and with the referee hitting his hand down onto the mat three times and calling for the bell, he had done it. On a stage like this in XWL - he had defeated one of the biggest stars in the sport. He would roll off Moxley, there was no bullshit here, that was a tough match and it had taken everything Owens had to put Moxley down. Four stunners in total to end the man. Moxley would roll out of the ring as Owens would move to the ropes. Lying against them as he would try and catch his breath a little, snapping his fingers over and over again as one of the ringside crew members would quickly see what it was that he wanted.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] DyKchBP

He would rush around the side of the ring and quickly grab a microphone and then again, he would rush back to the outside and around to the ring were Owens was as he would hand him the microphone. Owens would hold onto it tightly, turning his head to the side as he would spit onto the mat. His face was red - he had went through hell and back to win that match, but the smirk on his face was enough to tell the world - that it was worth it.

“I am not going to sit here and catch my breath and tell you all that I told you so. I am not that sort of person. Everyone thought that tonight would be the end of me. That I was stepping into the ring with a LUNATIC, but I did what I had to do. I took the fight to him and my show is not cancelled. THE KEVIN OWENS SHOW IS HERE TO STAY. And I hoped you all learned something here tonight, that the fight is still in me and this - this right here is only the start, because there is going to plenty more of what you seen here tonight, I promise you all that.

STUN OWENS STUN!

He would toss the microphone down as it would land outside the ring. His theme music would blast out of the sound speakers as he would lay down and then roll out of the ring. He would turn around once again and look at the crowd and with a smirk he would head to the back. He came and did what he had to do. He hit Moxley with a stunner that was just too much for him and he had taken the match and the victory for himself.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 4:30 pm

HAIL SABIN!

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] PLXs79H

And here we go, the Main Event of the first ever High Octane is now underway as the theme of the returning Chris Sabin begins to play throughout the arena to a positive reaction from the live audience in attendance. For Sabin, this is a long time coming, after not only being robbed of the Championship in question at the Slammy Awards late last year but also never getting his rematch in the chaos that followed since that moment, now he's here to right a wrong and take back what is his.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] L5zmeF1

A few moments pass before Sabin steps out from behind the curtain and out onto the stage, physically, mentally, emotionally and visually ready to regain the Intercontinental Championship from the man that took it from him many months ago. Sabin repositions himself on the stage, turning his body ninety degrees to the left as he extends his right arm forward and forms his hand into the shape of a gun, taking aim at the ring and paying tribute to not only the Motor City Machine Guns but also the Trash City Stupid Idiots. He doesn't waste another second and “fires” his shot, causing a wall of pyrotechnics to go off on either side of him, this is High Octane after all. Following the explosion of light consuming the screen for a moment, we transition into a picture in picture interview with Sabin that was taken earlier in the day, deciphered by the “Earlier Today” text on the bottom left hand of the screen.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] HxmEtbq

Chris Sabin
When I became the Intercontinental Champion for the first and only time in my career, it was the culmination of years upon years upon years of hard work and dedication, it was years upon years of failed attempts of claiming the Championship as my own, it was years upon years of being told I wasn't good enough to be a Champion to the point where Alex Shelley and I created our very own Championships in hopes that we could drum up enough interest from XWL brass to create a proper Tag Division many, many years before that pipe dream became a reality.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] MjtiyiM

Chris Sabin
For many years, the perception was that Alex was the Shawn Michaels and I was the Marty Jannetty and for many years, they were right. While Alex began to gain accolade after accolade, I was the charity case that Alex kept around because he was too kind to throw me out on the street. After it was clear that this company had no interest in forming a Tag Division, Alex decided to take his talents elsewhere and traveled to Japan while I decided to stick around for a bit longer. After my contract expired, I decided to step away from the ring and for many years, that was the end.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] KFwgKyu

In our current reality, Sabin has begun closing the distance between himself and the ring, walking down the entrance ramp and slapping the extended hands of the XWL Universe on either side of the ramp along the way while managing to keep walking towards the ring with a purpose.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 4h1rXYS

Chris Sabin
It wasn't until I saw what the Intercontinental Championship had become, from being the Championship that the legendary Shawn Michaels made equivalent to the World Heavyweight Championship to being tossed around like a game of hot potato, that I decided to make my return. Many people already know the story, I made my return at the expense of the then Intercontinental Champion in Chad Gable and challenged him to a match. Little did I know we would be inside the Elimination Chamber, a match neither of us won, and after our war at Final Stand that year, we each had a new found respect for one another, even if neither of us admitted then.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] RvbuuDB

Chris Sabin
When I made my return, the last thing I expected was to be teaming with the man I disrespected in said return but life is funny like that sometimes. After Final Stand, Chad was left high and dry by his partner in a tag tournament to crown the first ever XWL Tag Team Champions, a tournament named after the team that Alex and I created years prior, The Motor City Machine Guns, in an attempt to honor our contributions to this division. The thing was, despite the name, neither of us were contacted to appear in the tournament itself and with Chad Gable being a partner down, I decided to swallow my pride and align myself with the man I went to war with twenty four hours prior. It's funny how a single decision can change your entire career.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] RhwsA1y

Chris Sabin
The birth of TCSI was a career resurgence to say the least. While we didn't win the tournament and become the first ever XWL Tag Team Champions, I think history will remember us for another accolade: Being the longest, reigning, defending, XWL Tag Team Champions, of the world! Four hundred and fifty five days, we shattered the previous longest reign in the history of this company, which belonged to Shawn Michaels and his historic Intercontinental Championship reign, funny how these things turn out.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] VfrbFS8

Reaching the threshold of the ringside area, Sabin's movement screeches to a halt, taking in a deep breath before releasing it back out, full aware of what he has to do to walk out of this match with the Intercontinental Championship in his possession once more and with The Enterprise barred from ringside, that's one less thing in the back of his mind. Sabin shifts his weight and becomes mobile again, quickly hopping up onto the apron and enters the ring in one swift motion.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] PHoNDlt

Chris Sabin
It was only a matter of time before I would become the Intercontinental Champion and after we defeated the then Intercontinental Champion Matt Sydal and his partner in AJ Styles in a tag team match that had the stipulation added to it where if they beat us, they would get a shot at our XWL Tag Team Championships but if we beat them, I would finally get my one on one opportunity at Sydal's Intercontinental Championship. We would go on to win that match and the stipulation would be set: Sixty Minute Iron Man Match. The very match that showed the world that Sydal still had “it.” With the stage set, we would go to war for an hour and after the dust settled, I would not only become the Intercontinental Champion for the first time in my career, but I would also be the first man to hold the Intercontinental and XWL Tag Team Championships simultaneously.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] UEmmweC

Chris Sabin
During my reign, I fought off anybody and everybody that wanted to take that Championship from me, and they all were held back, until the Slammy Awards. A match that Robert Roode had earned, on the stage he originally lost his own Intercontinental Championship two years prior. It's quite the story from his side really, from mine? Not so much. A match that looked like I had won quickly turned to a match that I had lost, and it was through no fault of my own. It's the worst feeling to lose something you worked so hard to attain, despite having the best performance of your career, you still come up short and it wasn't due to the person standing across the ring being better than you, it was due to stray Codebreaker from Chris Jericho, a man I have well documented history with. And since that night, I've never gotten my rightful rematch, instead Edge, he puts an end to the Tag Division and its Championships on the debut edition of Octane. I said some things to him that he wasn't a fan of but he understood why I said them. And tonight, I right a wrong. Tonight, I regain the Championship I never should have lost. And tonight, you WILL hail Sabin!

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] U5jaSeE

With those final words being spoken, the screen is returned to its former glory with Sabin's interview now at its natural end, as we see the man himself standing on the middle turnbuckle, his arms extended into the air. He holds this pose for a moment before hopping off said turnbuckle and lands on the canvas below before making his way to the turnbuckle at the far end of the ring and dropping down to a knee, his arms wrapped around the adjacent ropes on either side of him and his eyes locked on the stage as he awaits the first of two opponents he must overcome if he wants to become Champion once again.

As the theme of the Firefly Funhouse plays, Bray Wyatt immediately sprints out of the curtain, stopping on the stage with a huge smile on his face. His hands clasped together as he's visibly antsy about this upcoming championship match. The former leader of the Wyatt Family smiling as he makes his way down to the ring, making sure to shake hands with and even hug members of the XWL Universe who have gathered by the barricades.

Jumping up and down with a huge, beaming smile on her face as he points towards Chris Sabin with a warm smile, sliding into the ring and outstretching his arms in an attempt to hug the former Trash City Stupid Idiot. The Detroit native simply bringing his hand forwards, pressing his hand to Bray's chest to socially distance himself from the wicked host of the Firefly Funhouse.

Simply shrugging in response, Bray quickly rolls out of the ring, holding his arms around the ring as he jogs a few laps around the ring with a smile on his face. Stopping at the steps and taking a few deep breaths before climbing back in the ring, grabbing both the ring announcer and the referee in a simultaneous hug before dropping down in one of the corners, wrapping his arms around himself. Shutting his eyes with a warm smile on his face as he embraces himself. Slowly rocking side to side with the theme of the Firefly Funhouse, mouthing the lyrics.

With both challengers in the ring, there's only one Superstar left to arrive...the Champion that unfortunately the first to suffer the newest change to the classic Champion versus Champion Match that happened at least once or twice a month throughout the history of XWL programming. No longer was it a filler display with no rhyme or reason most of the time....no, Edge has stressed the importance of what it is to be a Champion in XWL. And the importance of every title having not only purpose but proper representation. No Champion should be below another, and if it is ever proven that one is? They must fight for their spot and prove that they still belong. That is what Robert Roode who lost to World Heavyweight Champion Keith Lee last week has to do tonight. The Host Of Firefly Fun-house Bray Wyatt sits on the top turnbuckle, his feet giddily kicking at the second turnbuckle, while Chris Sabin is standing against his respective corner grinding the knuckles of his first into his palm as he has been waiting a very long time for this moment, and that wait is now over. With one last shot of each obstacle in Roode's way tonight...the arena suddenly descends into darkness and a dramatic key from a piano echoes through the building as a radiant light basks down at the top of the stage revealing The Intercontinental Champion in all of his glory.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] JJ6osH4

Naturally unlike last week, his expression isn't full of arrogance...it's quite stoic. He came out here last week talking a lot of crap, boasting with every single step and mannerism, carrying himself as if he was the victor before the bell had even rung...and what happened? He lost. He may have come within an inch of defeating Keith Lee but the bottom line is just that, he lost. We saw his mood during The Enterprise's interview earlier in the evening. He wasn't very talkative until he exploded at the end after being pestered so much about his state of mind heading into this match. And for someone like Robert Roode? Him not taking the opportunity he had to speak? When he loves the sound of his own voice like The XWL Universe used to love his "Glorious" anthem? That says a lot, that says that he is not himself tonight...and whether that's a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen.

His music finally starts to play and the darkness fades away as all the lights return within the ringside area and blue hues fill the stage as his back is turned toward the audience he faces the screen in front of him and motions his right arm in a crossing motion revealing the name "Roode" as if like magic. Following his theatric he spins around on his heel and stands there for a moment making sure all eyes are drawn to The Intercontinental Championship that instead of being underneath his robe like it was last week for his non-stop "peek-a-boo" show it is simply worn over it. This is what is at stake in tonight's first ever Main-Event of High Octane...and if this is the last time he's to wear it he wants to make sure it is shown in its fullest effect every step of the way.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] UmgAeEi

The Enterprise's "Roode Boy" at last begins to strut down the ramp, and while he's trying to turn on the classic machismo that he usually has...this isn't a strut that Ric Flair would be proud of at all. It's lacking in every way, his heart isn't into...he's going through the motions and it shows. The audience of course despite being his home country are booing non-stop because they are a bitter bunch and they have not forgotten him issuing an official "break-up" to The XWL Universe blaming them for his shortcomings and placement on XWL programming before now. However while the boos never seem to bother him, tonight...that can't exactly be true. He's already not feeling the greatest when it comes to his possibility of somehow overcoming not one but two challengers...but now he's got an entire arena booing him as he tries to have strength heading down to the ring...and not a single human being in this world would not be affected by them in his current state of mind.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] W8nTRoa

After a while he stops strutting, perhaps realizing it just looks sad at this point and simply walks. His hand resting down on the base of his Intercontinental Championship, not obnoxiously shouting "THIS IS MINE" but more subtlety stating that through his actions rather than his words. At last he reaches the ring, staring at it in front of him then turns the corner as he prepares to climb the steps in his usual way. Normally he would reach out in front of him grab the ring post and stretch a bit, and while he does at first grab it and try to complete the same steps...he only stretches for a second before slowly walking up them and eventually along the apron. He turns to look out into the audience, where he again would normally take this time to rub The Intercontinental Championship in their faces for a long extended period of time...but rather than turn fully toward them he wipes the bottom of his boots on the apron then steps into the ring as the lights once again cease to illuminate the entire building and simply light up the center of the ring as Robert Roode takes his place within that spotlight.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] URuYVzU

He stands there not only in front of us whether at home or in the audience but also in front of both of the men that hope to take The Intercontinental Championship from him tonight. Their watchful eyes follow him as he just stands there taking in deep breaths before exhaling. He knows the serious task before him, and one thing about his entire "performance" that is apparent? He's not taking this lightly. Even when speaking of Bray Wyatt and Chris Sabin earlier during his outburst at the conclusion of The Enterprise's interview time. He spoke of Bray's sadistic past and what a danger that is on it's own. He spoke of Chris Sabin being apart of The Tag-Team that achieved the longest reign ANY champion had ever had in XWL history...dethroning the former longest reign by Shawn Michaels ironically set as Intercontinental Champion. Chris Sabin wasn't carried to that reign he was an equal part in achieving it so clearly he's no pushover. So when you have both of them in the same ring, in a Triple Threat Match? When you bar The Enterprise from ringside despite the no disqualification stipulation? The picture isn't very pretty when it comes to Robert Roode walking out of here STILL The Intercontinental Champion. However, he isn't a man that has given up, his back is against a wall but as he stated he does his best work when in that position. His record itself speaks highly of his ability, he's only lost two matches within the past 6 months...and both of them against the same opponent. He overcome a Triple Threat where BOTH competitors had to be eliminated, and he eliminated them both by himself. So the fact he only has to find a way to pin one of them? Tonight IS possible, it's just a matter of buckling down and putting in the fight necessary to overcome it. After standing there basking in the boos, and his challengers' ire...he reaches down grabbing his title from around his waist and thrusts it into the air for all to continue to see.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 1VBhzmq

Again there isn't a smile, a smirk, a grin, a wink...anything resembling a sign of confidence...his face is unusually stone like, proving that he is taking this upcoming match as seriously as any Champion ever could. Failure is not an option for him tonight, it may feel as if it's the only one...but he's choosing to bet on himself, to bet on Roode...and while the fans have unanimously chosen to bet against him whether through their hatred of him or them liking one of his challengers better...he isn't planning on leaving tonight with nothing. Finally he lowers his title and backs into his respective corner where the referee approaches him asking for his title. He's obviously apprehensive given The Enterprise's distrust in referees...and the fact that Robert believes he's been setup to have his title stolen from him yet again tonight...so he pulls it close to him giving the referee a dirty look as he shakes his head.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Kap6Rl2

"Bobby I need the title" the referee says...and it's this exact point in time where if you didn't realize how seriously Robert is taking this by now? You truly see that to be one hundred percent clue now more than ever. He doesn't bark at the official that his "NAME IS ROBERT" no...he doesn't correct him, he doesn't acknowledge too much that he called him only the name that his friends call him...and an official asking to take his title is no friend of his...he instead lifts it up to his face and plants a kiss on The Intercontinental Championship.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] IvPCaPn

Whether that's a kiss goodbye, or an "I'll see you later baby" remains to be seen but after what could be a good luck kiss or a kiss of death...he extends it to the referee who quickly takes it and raises the title into the air signifying this match is indeed for the very title in the air right now. Who will be leaving with it? The man that can overcome the other two men in this ring with them tonight, it's as simple as that.

[[[ MAIN EVENT ]]]

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] QNDO7hh

"Last week Robert Roode FAILED to defeat World Heavyweight Champion Keith Lee. For the past decade, that loss would be glossed over, it would be treated as if it wasn't really a "big deal." And you know, that's a serious cop out. You have two Superstars at the top of this business and THAT is what you make of it? Just a filler match with the illusion of a big match? That's not how I run things, no per my executive order from the very first address I made on Octane last month? Champions that fall to other Champions? Need to prove they still deserve to BE Champions. So while Robert did in fact give a gutsy performance last week? He LOST! So his reign as Champion will now be in serious jeopardy tonight as consequence for his failure. Some have called my decision last week harsh and that I went overboard. And to them I say this...a Champion should be able to overcome anyone, anywhere, anyway. They shouldn't need four weeks to prepare, they shouldn't need their hand held as I walk them across the street after their crushing loss and introduce them to their "challenge." No Robert Roode is an exceptional competitor, and just because he had a "bad night" I'm not going to coddle him. He knew the stakes, he knew what would happen if he lost, and still...he LOST! So tonight Bray Wyatt and Chris Sabin two men, two FORMER Intercontinental Champions that made their individual claims at the conclusion of last week's Main-Event will meet Roode in a Triple Threat Match. It's as simple as this, either Robert Roode deserves to still be Champion, or he doesn't. It's on him to decide that tonight, not me. I just make the matches all he has to do is step up or step aside for a NEW Intercontinental Champion.

P.S:  I forgot to mention this out there last week and given that this is supposed to be YOUR challenge to see what YOU'RE made of? The Enterprise are BANNED from ringside. Chris Sabin didn't forget about them helping you beat him at The Slammy Awards and I certainly didn't either. So while these matches are usually anything goes and what you did then would be legal now? You're not getting off so easily tonight, sorry champ."

/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\

SPOILERS

/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\

Bray Wyatt is dropped with a vicious knee to the face from Chris Sabin, rolling out of the ring clutching his jaw. Whimpering as he curls up into a fetal position before rolling underneath the ring. As Sabin looks on absolutely flabbergasted by the massive Bray Wyatt seemingly curling up like a baby and hiding, he goes to exit the ring only to suddenly be yanked back, kicked in the gut and planted with a Glorious DDT! However, before Robert Roode can make the cover and attempt to retain his championship...the lights go black!

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Giphy

[???]
...Let me in...

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 027ed808fddfdc00ffcf46aa52e55d5529332250

[Mauro Ranallo]
Oh my god!

[Corey Graves]
What the hell!?

[Mauro Ranallo]
The Fiend! The Fiend is here! The Fiend is in the ring!

[Beth Phoenix]
Oh god...what is he doing in the ring!?

[Mauro Ranallo]
Is he...is he taking Bray Wyatt's place in this match?

[Corey Graves]
Dear God, Mauro...can either of you imagine this monster as Intercontinental Champion?

[Beth Phoenix]
I don't want to imagine him as a champion in this company, period.

/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\

SPOILERS

/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\

A hush drops over the entire arena as this World War III level match just finally came to an end, with an outcome no fan in this building expected to see tonight, no...Robert Roode has RETAINED! Fans are too emotionally spent from rooting on Bray, Chris, and later The Fiend in this fight...screaming their lungs out whenever it looked like Roode's fate was sealed...but whether it was saving the skin off of his own back by kicking out, especially in the latest moment where The Fiend pinned him down with The Mandible Claw...or it was coming in with breakneck speed to stop Chris Sabin from pinning The Fiend or Bray Wyatt before he was replaced by the masked monster that nearly emerged Champion at several points in this match. Robert Roode did it, he survived High Octane STILL The Intercontinental Champion and immediately he jumps to his feet fueled only by his adrenaline gained by hearing his music play, and he falls against the ropes as the official goes to retrieve what is indeed STILL his title.

[Mauro Ranallo]
MAMA MIA WHAT A FIGHT!

[Beth Phoenix]
Robert Roode is STILL Intercontinental Champion, wow what a victory!

[Corey Graves]
If you're surprised then certainly learned a lot about the ability of our Intercontinental Champion tonight. He just fought for his very life, for the life of his title and to his critics out there...he did it all by himself!

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 3S82vZg

He lets out very loud grunts and groans as he grabs at his back, sweating profusely as if the adrenaline ran out pretty quickly but once the official approaches him with his Intercontinental Championship? That momentary excitement and energy returns to him as he snatches the title out of his hands and is brought back to the center of the ring where the official raises his arm in victory. An emphatic "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!" echoes from the GLORIOUS Robert Roode who literally just endured nearly three hours of competition to fight for the title that clearly means so much to him that he is willing to subject his body and mind to three hours of unmitigated torture.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] WXaPkHa

[Beth Phoenix]
You can see how much this win means to him, he gave it all he had and it indeed was enough.

[Mauro Ranallo]
This match went into overtime about two times over, I cannot believe how long and how hard these three Men, or I guess two men and a monster...fought over The Intercontinental Championship tonight.

[Corey Graves]
High Octane is all about putting The Championships on a higher level, testing Champions, testing potential Champions more than ever before and just like Liv Morgan rose to that higher level when she regained The Women's Championship from Sasha Banks earlier? Robert Roode ascended to that level and then some with this truly incredible victory.

[Beth Phoenix]
Absolutely, my husband was critical of him and while some felt that was unfair...it was ultimately to give him the chance to have a moment like he is having right now where he proves he is worthy of carrying The Intercontinental Championship.

But just as quickly as he boasts...his energy which was completely on "E" runs out again and he collapses into an exhausted heap as Chris Sabin lays behind him trying to swallow the fact that he lost here tonight in what was supposed to be his triumphant return, his moment of vengeance. Robert's fallen to the canvas, grabbing at his back still, but his hand is still very much holding his defended prize as he tries to catch his breath and restore enough of his energy to resume his celebration.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] ZWjaXUe

[Mauro Ranallo]
He isn't even able to stand on his feet for more than that mere moment when the referee first raised his hand. That is a testament to what he left in that ring in order to lay there STILL Champion.

[Beth Phoenix]
I do want to take this moment to shout out real quickly to the performance of his challengers tonight. Bray Wyatt and...I guess The Fiend truly proved a lot in their performances and Chris Sabin? As crushing as it must be for him as he lays there not far away from the man who dethroned him before, and now has successfully defended at his expense? He has nothing to be ashamed of in the fight he brought to the table. The passionate words as he spoke earlier today, his passionate performance...he may not feel it right now but he should be very proud.

[Corey Graves]
Proud of losing to Robert Roode, AGAIN? All he proved is that his excuse of losing it the first time wasn't all that valid considering tonight he doesn't have that excuse to fall back on. Robert Roode was the better man, it's as simple as that.

[Mauro Ranallo]
Of course it was a clean performance, a standout performance from The Intercontinental Champion who understandably did have critics questioning whether or not he could stand on his own, whether or not he was capable of beating someone within the parameters of the rules.

[Beth Phoenix]
And to go back to last week one more time...that loss to Keith Lee clearly shook him to his core. He wasn't the same man as he walked out here tonight, and maybe it was his anger at my husband for in his words putting him in this position but he dug deeper than ever before. Ultimately the fact is this...Robert put himself in this position by losing to The World Champion last week. And hopefully now he sees everything he encountered wasn't my husband going mad with power but giving him the ultimate opportunity to truly stand finally as a Champion without question to his ability or the legitimacy of his reign.

He starts to try to push off on the mat underneath him to get back to his feet but fails utterly and completely and just face plants the mat rolling over onto his back. If he can't stand up and climb the turnbuckles to rub his victory in the faces of those that doubted him, those that rooted against him, those that wanted nothing more than to see him lose? Then he will just happily lay on the mat clutching his beloved Intercontinental Championship dearly. The General Manager when booking this match said that if Robert could overcome the challenge ahead of him he would prove without a shadow of a doubt that he belongs as Champion after falling to Keith Lee last week...and it's what he's done. He proved himself twice as much, and this moment is everything Roode and The Enterprise could have hoped for. They were barred from ringside, they couldn't help him even if they wanted to...so Roode achieved this victory all on his own. There is no blemish on his win, he dug deep, persevered as he often has and proved why he is one of the best currently in this company.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] BassDLq

[Corey Graves]
I think the question now is, what's next for Robert Roode and The Intercontinental Championship?

[Beth Phoenix]
Well there's four weeks until Final Stand and of course every title will be at stake on that night so it's safe to assume that's when his next defense will be, especially after a hard fought victory like tonight...my husband would never think of making him defend it again before then. But in those four weeks that provides a lot of time for the Superstars to try and continue standing out.

[Mauro Ranallo]
Could you see a reason for Chris Sabin or The Fiend to get another shot at him?

[Beth Phoenix]
For Chris Sabin if he could manage to win a match with that as a stake? Possibly...but in our vision for XWL we look toward the future. We want to put Superstars that haven't had that opportunity recently, we want to not focus too much on those that a Champion has already beaten. Like when it comes to Kevin Owens, or John Morrison? He's beaten them without his title being on the line, so considering them for a shot isn't ideal because when it comes to Final Stand you want to say it is the best going against the best and you lose that when it's someone that's already failed to beat the Champ when the title wasn't at stake.

[Corey Graves]
And The Fiend?

[Beth Phoenix]
I mean while he wasn't the one pinned in the history books The Fiend lost tonight. I don't at this moment see a reason to have him or Chris Sabin face Robert Roode again. Now if the well runs dry and we need potential challengers and others haven't stepped up for whatever reason whether that's laziness or disbelief in themselves to be stars? Maybe. And I of course can't speak to my husband's state of mind really either.

There's nothing typical about his current celebration, usually it would involve raising his title a bunch, mounting every turnbuckle, maybe even given the situation at hand he would have even ran laps around the ring mocking the fans that stewed in their anger at his victory. But all he can do physically after exhausting everything he had within his proverbial tank is continue to lay here and cling to the title that he at several points in this long match, too many points in fact to even attempt to recall all of them nearly left this match empty-handed.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] QBSGCkV

[Mauro Ranallo]
Beth as we await Robert to get back to his feet and finish his post-match celebration I do want to take this time to commend you and your husband on an incredibly new fun exciting and successful concept you've brought to XWL. High Octane was incredible tonight, two amazing title matches, and other great match-ups that really provided amazing content this evening.

[Beth Phoenix]
The build-up to Keith Lee facing Robert Roode was everything we could have hoped for, two great personalities that clashed so wonderfully...and having that contract signing seal the deal was just that extra something we're very happy came together as it did. Not to mention their absolutely insane match last week? Then to see Robert Roode use that loss as motivation to indeed prove he does belong as Intercontinental Champion? That is what High Octane was meant to be and it's so thrilling to see it fall so perfectly into place.

[Corey Graves]
One criticism I've seen is that originally we thought it would involve both respective Champions in The Women's Division but that didn't happen, do you have any update on any potential future chances the division will have to be apart of it as well?

[Beth Phoenix]
Not everything can always workout, given the absurdity that was Alexa Bliss and Kairi Sane capturing The North American Championship together...and then the lunacy and disaster that was Liv Morgan stealing The Women's Championship from Sasha, and the events that followed? It was far too messy to ever work out due to those two factors. If we had agreed to do it Sasha certainly wouldn't have been able to focus on Alexa or Kairi or both of them given Liv's stunt...so really it just seemed like it wasn't meant to be this time. We did promise fresh challengers getting in the mix and that was intended for The Women's Championship and The North American Championship but XWL is an extremely ever-changing environment and it's hard to always materialize everything.

[Mauro Ranallo]
It has never been more chaotic within The Women's Division I will say that. Neither title seemed to be in the position to invest in that.

[Beth Phoenix]
No, but I am confirming right now that next time no matter whatever mess comes about? The Women's Champion whether it's one or two people holding that title somehow, and The North American Champion should Five Feet Of Friend-SHIP still be in possession of it? WILL face in a clash of champions and the loser WILL be mandated like the men were to defend their title the following week. With as rich and exciting as the division is? No matter whatever obstacle might be in the way like this time? We're sure everything will workout and create exciting action next time.

As the announcers spoke on the next High Octane...the cameras cut back to the focus of the first High Octane which is a victorious Robert Roode having successfully defeated Chris Sabin and The Fiend in a Triple Threat to retain his title. And finally he's not only gotten back to his feet but he's left the ring heading up the ramp under his own power. His steps may be slow, he may be grabbing at his back still perhaps injuring his ribs or spine due to the insanity that was his match just moments ago. But while he wasn't all that joyful heading down the ramp for his entrance tonight...he is all smiles now as he heads back up it. Bellowing out a triumphant victory scream at the top of his lungs as his arms in celebration with his Intercontinental Championship proudly held up for all who doubted him.  

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] OCCx3MV

His other arm soon drops as he allows us and the camera to focus in on what's held within his still raised arm. He has gone on record stating what this title means to him, how it drives him, how it is the entire reason he came back for not only a resurgence of his career but why he came back better than he ever was. He's no longer a novelty act brought out here to entertain the masses...he's his own man, thanks to The Enterprise and them bringing him back into XWL? He is a changed man, and while that change to The XWL Universe may seem wrong? It's hard to deny that it was indeed for the better because of what he has accomplished since undergoing it.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] 5k6wy86

[Mauro Ranallo]
There he is Ladies and Gentlemen, whether you love him or hate him...he IS The Intercontinental Champion and with a win like he just secured tonight? It's hard to see that changing anytime soon.

[Corey Graves]
He may be the only man in The Enterprise that isn't a former World Champion but he is also the only man in The Enterprise that's STILL a Champion. So for anyone potentially looking at him as if he's the weak link? First of all there is none because The Enterprise is the greatest collection of talent in the history of this industry...and second, there's nothing weak about Robert Roode...and if you didn't know it heading into tonight? You damn well know it now that's for sure.

[Beth Phoenix]
No arguments there, he did what he needed to do tonight and I'm happy to call him our Intercontinental Champion. His performance is exactly the type you'd expect from a man in his position and it's all you could ever ask for.

His arm lowers, whether that's by his own power or due to the lack of strength to allow it to remain up after what he went through tonight. He brings his Championship back close to him, clutching it with relief as he backs the rest of the way up the ramp and onto the stage.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] G3d92ri

His jaw is hung open as if he still hasn't been able to fully catch his breath and with almost three hours of fighting for a title he always seems to be in a never ending battle for? He's going to need a full night's rest before he's able to breathe regularly again. However, as it looked like his night was done...with one final step backward...he bumps into something, and immediately his eyes widen and his head shakes from side to side as if thinking "OH GOD NO WHY PLEASE NO" He turns, to see what could be The Fiend...or another potential challenger looking to pick his bones clean and send a message...when suddenly his guard drops as relief strikes over him and he sees The Enterprise Jon Moxley and Daniel Bryan on either side of him placing their hands on his shoulders patting him for his "GLORIOUS" performance. "Hey Bud!" Daniel exclaims as Mox being more cold yet still supportive is like "You beat the shit out of them good job!" Roode audibly says "Oh thank god it's you two my life started to flash before my eyes right there not gonna lie..."

[Mauro Ranallo]
While those three Men are different in many ways, since they've come together they've had each others backs and it is nice to see them come out here and celebrate with Roode.

[Beth Phoenix]
They have a solidarity that looks at each individual victory as a victory for the whole of The Enterprise and what's not to celebrate? They saw one of their own utterly crushed by the prospects of this match when they were all interviewed earlier and seeing him come out victorious as they knew he would? That is true pride in not only their group but in Robert Roode as well.

Soon Moxley and Bryan bend down, each grabbing Roode by one of his legs as they start to hoist him up onto their shoulders truly allowing him to bask in his glorious moment. Robert exclaims "WHOA NOT SO FAST I'M GONNA PASS OUT!" to which they slowly position him into the air and with deep exhale as if he even he has trouble believing the night he just had...as if he for a second doubted whether or not he'd be leaving tonight as The Intercontinental Champion? He throws his Championship into the air as the camera zooms in on him.

[[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] UqPC0xW

[Mauro Ranallo]
Well Beth, Corey it has been an incredible first installment of High Octane...the new spectacle shaking the foundation of weekly episodic television as we know it.

[Corey Graves]
Everything felt far different tonight and I really give it up to The Superstars who made that possible.

[Beth Phoenix]
Without a doubt, they delivered especially our Champions Robert Roode and The NEW Women's Champion Liv Morgan and I cannot wait until next week to see the fallout of their victorious.

[Mauro Ranallo]
And what their fates will be in four weeks at our next big event, the biggest show of the year...Final Stand! Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen for tuning in, we will see you next week as the road to Final Stand awaits us all!

Daniel starts to try to rally The XWL Universe as he shouts "FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW!" But they obviously don't catch on or have any desire in singing such a victorious tune in Roode's favor...which leaves Moxley to apprehensively join in so Daniel isn't left looking like a fool. Eventually as they get deeper into the tune it almost looks like Moxley actually is getting into it, especially the part where Daniel, himself, and Roode...all raise their fists into the air with their middle finger pointed up high at all who thought tonight would end any other way than it is right now as they shout "WHICH NOBODY CAN DENY!" This "joyous" yet obnoxious and insulting moment is the last sight we see before High Octane officially comes to an end.

END OF SHOW

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]   [[[XWL High Octane:  3/25/2020 -  4/1/2020]]] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[[[XWL High Octane: 3/25/2020 - 4/1/2020]]]
Page 1 of 1