Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Tag Teams in XWL?

Go down 
+8
Brandon
TheFilthParade
Shug
xshardx
Bang
TheKrzyOne
Austin
P.R Son
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Tag Teams?
Yes
Tag Teams in XWL? I_vote_lcap38%Tag Teams in XWL? I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 8 ]
No
Tag Teams in XWL? I_vote_lcap10%Tag Teams in XWL? I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Maybe, If We Can Get 4-5 Teams Going
Tag Teams in XWL? I_vote_lcap52%Tag Teams in XWL? I_vote_rcap
 52% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Well, for one I am going no where with Aries. For 2, I would like to tag with someone and maybe if we can get 4 or 5 teams going, I was thinking about having a tag division. So, why don't we give it a shot eh? Also, please dont hate on me for posting this, just saying my view on XWL on the pros and cons.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Oh lawd...

Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:28 pm

E/T wrote:
Oh lawd...

Couldn't of said it better myself...
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:29 pm

We've already discussed this palm. Should leave it open though to see how many people would actually be willing to join a team.

Btw I'd do one as RVD, not at the moment considering I'm in the middle of a feud with Kane, but once I'm done with that I'd be open to a team as him.
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:30 pm

should put one of the admins specifically in charge of tag team division tbh IF it EVER happens.. just sayin.
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:31 pm

TBK wrote:
should put one of the admins specifically in charge of tag team division tbh IF it EVER happens.. just sayin.
Yeah, someone who can make sure stuff happens and teams stay together.
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Just posted this in chat so I'll put it here as well I guess.

"It would be cool if X-Treme Champion were to get a tag partner and in some storyline changed X-Treme title to X-Treme Tag Titles."
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:36 pm

RCP wrote:
Just posted this in chat so I'll put it here as well I guess.

"It would be cool if X-Treme Champion were to get a tag partner and in some storyline changed X-Treme title to X-Treme Tag Titles."

Meh... No, mainly because people would continue to complain how theres no lower card title and removing the lowest, would cause even more bitchin

Last edited by Austin on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Nah it won't work RCP. It's been tried many times before, and a new reincarnation won't be any better regardless of how well you may have thought things out. The only reason why E/T hasn't locked this thread and sent you all on your way is so that Gaz can come in later and rage post.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:40 pm

As Admin, I'll just say this so it's all out there and understood. Do we want tag-team titles? Of course, it'd be a great thing to introduce to XWL, everything else including brands have succeeded here, even though they were doubted at first. However wanting it just isn't enough. If you guys really want tag-team titles bad enough, then it's up to you to make it happen. What this means is we need 4 to 5 tag-teams, that will promo every other week at least, and will follow the rules and do everything to ensure their tag-team matches will not no show.

I've already tried to make it happen on my own, twice now. So I'm washing my hands of it, should we get four or five teams, then I'll gladly help out, but I'm just saying from an admin's point of view, the only way it will happen, is if you guys really want it bad enough. Finding a partner that you'll be able to bust our promos with, remembering to follow the tag rules that would be set, and so forth.

It almost happened last year, but a week before the tag-title match, we lost a lot of teams, including a team in the tag-title match. So really it's as simple as that, we'd be up for one if you guys can make it happen. Need committed teams, and they need to be active and willing to stretch their schedules with their opponents they would have.

So with that said, it's up to you guys, make it happen because we've tried twice now, and it's just not worth the effort if you guys won't put in just as much effort as we have before.

Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Honestly, it's not how many people we can get to form teams and how many teams we can make, it's the QUALITY of the work done by the teams. It's a matter on if they promo (and promo well, preferably) and bust their asses for the progression of the division. If XWL does start up a tag division, I don't know about the rest of you guys (and girl), but I don't want us to have some team that's thrown together at the last minute of two random people challenging for the titles every week. That being said, if this happens, this division won't simply become the best thing since sliced bread overnight. It takes a lot of time, and a lot of effort from everyone who's willing to help kick-start this. For example, Zander and Adam have done absolutely AMAZING work as The Awesome Truth, of course, Zander and Adam are, in my opinion, two of the best promoers that this place has ever seen, but that's because they take their time and they do it as often as they can to get better at it. If you guys are 100% serious about starting a tag division, follow their example. I'm not saying you have to promo just like Adam or Zander for this to work, because you don't, it's just you simply have to work hard to keep the division alive.
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Zack wrote:
For example, Zander and Adam have done absolutely AMAZING work as The Awesome Truth, of course, Zander and Adam are, in my opinion, two of the best promoers that this place has ever seen, but that's because they take their time and they do it as often as they can to get better at it. If you guys are 100% serious about starting a tag division, follow their example. I'm not saying you have to promo just like Adam or Zander for this to work, because you don't, it's just you simply have to work hard to keep the division alive.

And who says we'd both even want to be a tag team? Sure it'd be cool but that doesn't take away from the fact that Miz is my main superstar and I like him having his own singles thing too. This is where the whole 'tag teams in leagues' thing gets all iffy.
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:19 pm

Well we already have M.O.D., Awesome Truth, Newly formed Christian/Henry, so all we'd need is 1 or 2 more teams Razz
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:22 pm

& Los Guerreros
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:24 pm

RCP wrote:
Well we already have M.O.D., Awesome Truth, Newly formed Christian/Henry, so all we'd need is 1 or 2 more teams Razz

Didn't you see what Adam put? Miz is his main so he doesn't know if hed want to do it....
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Austin wrote:
RCP wrote:

Didn't you see what Adam put? Miz is his main so he doesn't know if hed want to do it....
I was writing that when he posted lol
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:27 pm

RCP wrote:
Austin wrote:
RCP wrote:

I was writing that when he posted lol

oh Razz but yeah... Things like that would be problems. Im sure Penguin is close to US title feud with someone considering hes been up there and im sure he wouldn't want to give it up
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:29 pm

I'd love to see tag team titles in XWL but I don't think people will be committed enough to their team to make it last.
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:07 am

Red wrote:
I'd love to see tag team titles in XWL but I don't think people will be committed enough to their team to make it last.

this^ but i understand where Pimps coming from
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:27 am

I agree with Red as well, but like most other would love to see a Tag Division in the XWL. But the only way I see it happening is if the people who want it to happen begin to form some teams, ask the bookers to book them in tag matches, and prove that they can.. A. promo as a tag team, and B. get their tag matches done... Less talk, more action! Lets prove to David and the other admins that it could work out rather then talk about the what if's. poker face
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:52 am

Yo RCP let's tag, RVD and TBK, we could use this theme

lol
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:30 am

I wouldn't mind a tag team division, but only if the teams show consistency in their promos for a month or so before hand, and if there's a decent amount of tag teams doing so.

RCP wrote:

Kyle and Penguin can't connect.
Back to top Go down
xshardx
Jobber
xshardx

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:05 am

i won't mind a tag team division
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:05 am

Having Tag titles would be great. I'm pretty sure everybody would want to see them make their way into the league, but we have tried this many times and every time it dies within a month. Whether that be due to people switching or simply the lack of the division causes issues. If Tag titles were going to work, I'd suggest have the teams around 1-2 months before hand so everyone would at least know there would be a point in bringing in the Titles. Until then, I don't think we will see them for a long time.
Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:07 am

We would have tag titles now if it wasn't for Adam and Red leaving last year when they were about to be brought in, fuck them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tag Teams in XWL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Teams in XWL?   Tag Teams in XWL? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tag Teams in XWL?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next