Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Simply Put....HELP

Go down 
+6
the tu2
Zack
RCP
Tango
jedicouncil05
P.R Son
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 5:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay so for the longest time we had a not perfect, but mostly stable admin team. We had myself which had open availability, Kyle with open availability, and Gaz who was often referred as "the rock" by myself because he truly was a crucial part of the team in getting things done/bringing forth ideas and being really reliable. Unfortunately I'm way less available now, Kyle is but not as much as he was, and that's not no longer enough....because Gaz is no longer able to be apart of XWL. Works too much, and just wants to relax/play games when he gets home (which is one hundred percent understandable)

So that's why things need to change. We need to assemble some more members to the Admin Team. We need people that can bring forth ideas, help with fixing the activity (because with sickness, work, computer viruses, and whatnot we're kind of in a bind on that) and need to bring forth more activity so it isn't just the same ones (and then nothing when they can't do stuff like the last two weeks)

If you love what XWL is, and want it to continue, and prosper...we need your help. Getting your matches/promos done is one thing, but we need some help on the behind the scenes stuff. So if you're interested, we'd love your help. Fresh people with new ideas could be what we need, so let's turn bad news into bittersweet.

Also

R.I.P Krzy, we had our rough patches through the years but I appreciate everything you did for XWL and you'll be gravely missed. Rose IGN
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Wasn't going to comment on this thread again, but now I feel like I have to lol.

People not doing stuff literally cannot be a reason for inactivity... it's a logical fallacy called "begging the question." This means restating the original proposal in a different way and posing it as a new concept...

People not doing stuff = inactivity

Therefore, the reason for inactivity is NOT people not doing stuff

Also: how have we proven that a chat won't change activity? We don't have the chat; activity is low. While correlation doesn't prove causation, we have nothing to base the fact that the chat wouldn't improve things.

XAT is one of the few chats people ever actually used on this site. The chat we have now was used a little bit, but it died off rather quickly.

Besides, I don't know why every time I bring up XAT that's all anyone wants to talk about. Pls talk about things I'm actually saying rather than just insult the fact that I think XAT is a better chat than the ghost chats that are every chat that isn't XAT.

Also, I haven't run a league since I was about thirteen/fourteen years old. Nice ad hominem, though.

This is annoying because I'm speaking to deaf ears, but I'm not trying to force my views on anyone. I'm just saying what I think, and many of the things are quite good ideas. Rather than shoot them down and hit me with a bunch of insults on one-off sentences and half-joking things, please talk about the actual talking points--there's good info there.

But hey, if you choose not to take anything from what I say, if you want to think I'm just some crazy shouting off in the wilderness, and if you don't want to even consider anything that I'm actually offering...

If you'd rather just sift through what I type and find something to gang up on me about or some reason to "discredit" what I'm saying... that's fine too.

It's not my league. It's not my mess to deal with... but there's absolutely no way to argue that the league has been on an upward slope the last few years. I've been saying these things for ages, and nothing has ever been embraced. If you guys STILL want to ignore everything I say, well, it's no wonder XWL hasn't improved over the years.

I mean, it took YEARS to get a simple concept such as advertising to be embraced... but hey, I'm a good guy... I'll keep popping up in these threads and throwing out these "ludicrous" ideas that are mostly common sense, hoping some of them stick, hoping I can help the league keep going so some can enjoy it like I once did.

The league helped me a lot; it developed my writing a ton and even thinking of ways to improve it, which I did a lot, improved my logical thinking a crazy amount. I'll be going to a top 20 college next year; I have XWL to thank for that. I want others to have XWL.

So, if you've read this all, good for you. All I'm saying, is that I'm not as crazy as you all seem to think, and you need to look around, look at things I'm saying, and stop judging me so fast. Don't take things I say personally because there's no way to improve things when egos are fragile... don't take THAT sentence personally, either.

So, yeah, good shit.

Side note: If XWL's success was drawn on a graph, it would have steadily risen throughout the IGN period, grown exponentially in the brief period following IGN, and then had a downward slope thereafter. This is because IGN served as a steady base of users--a self-recruitment technique--and then, as the site moved away from that base, it lost access to members. Once a standalone site without advertising, it took years but the very, very positive side effects of beginning on IGN wore off. And that's where we are today.

And basically, what I was trying to say earlier without mentioning this somewhat easy-to-understand concept, is that XWL has always behaved as a larger-forum website would--like an IGN league... even after the move. Forum websites are different, and XWL never adapted. The low activity now was always inevitable.

I really wish Pats was here because he could vouch for me on this, but in early 2012 I said that XWL would be dead/nearly dead at the end of 2015 just due to simple statistical analysis... but he's not here, so feel free to believe I'm lying.

But I don't want XWL to die, but for XWL to not die, things need to change. "Running the course" won't work. But choose to believe me or hate me, it's whatever. Not a whole lot I can do at this point.

that shit was as long as a promo
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Zack wrote:
RCP wrote:

E: Also, this must be said, but there's no such thing as "more opportunities for everyone." There can be more parity of opportunities, but opportunity is finite so, by giving it to someone else, it must be taken from someone. Unless titles are added to give "opportunity" but doing that is also counterproductive because it diminishes the value of the current ones anyways.

So by that logic would it be okay to take away your ability to post this inane nonsense about XAT you keep spewing out?

:dallas
This sentence doesn't make sense with the quote, and you didn't need to use the word "inane" because it doesn't fit with this context.

Do you have a serious problem that you'd like to discuss? If so, please do. If not, please be mature.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Once again though, I don't think anyone is denying activity is down, and I'm sure David and rest of the admins are working on it to try bring it back up to what it once was. You still keep going back to XAT, XAT did nothing to improve. The chat always used to be active before, not XAT just any chat we had. XAT isn't going to fix it, you need to get that idea out of your head and stop bringing it up every post. Also, people ignore you because it's clear your attitude is you're right, you know it all and eveyrone else is wrong. That's clear from your posts, you seem to know a lot about running an active league, go do your own instead of trying to force your views on others.
Back to top Go down
the tu2
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 7:58 pm

How about make RCP GM(as eric bischoff ). He may as well just join as his posts on this thread and longer then my promos lol.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:36 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
Once again though, I don't think anyone is denying activity is down, and I'm sure David and rest of the admins are working on it to try bring it back up to what it once was. You still keep going back to XAT, XAT did nothing to improve. The chat always used to be active before, not XAT just any chat we had. XAT isn't going to fix it, you need to get that idea out of your head and stop bringing it up every post. Also, people ignore you because it's clear your attitude is you're right, you know it all and eveyrone else is wrong. That's clear from your posts, you seem to know a lot about running an active league, go do your own instead of trying to force your views on others.

Honestly, this. Your attitude in the way your word your posts is so "high and mighty" whether intentional or not, it turns us off from even wanting to deal with you. Like when we say SHUT UP ABOUT XAT, YOU STILL have to find a way to fit XAT into your post, what is even the point? We told you plain and clearly why we got rid of it, that is that.

And that "I told Pats XWL would statistically be dead by 2015" that again is another example of you acting like a know it all. And NOBODY likes a know it all. We acknowledge full well that we don't always do things in the best possible way, that our ideas sometimes are not as great as we think, that's called being self aware. So I think you should behave the same way, offer suggestions sure, but don't flat out act like you know all these successful things that ALWAYS work.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:06 pm

RCP wrote:
Zack wrote:
RCP wrote:

E: Also, this must be said, but there's no such thing as "more opportunities for everyone." There can be more parity of opportunities, but opportunity is finite so, by giving it to someone else, it must be taken from someone. Unless titles are added to give "opportunity" but doing that is also counterproductive because it diminishes the value of the current ones anyways.

So by that logic would it be okay to take away your ability to post this inane nonsense about XAT you keep spewing out?

This sentence doesn't make sense with the quote, and you didn't need to use the word "inane" because it doesn't fit with this context.

Do you have a serious problem that you'd like to discuss? If so, please do. If not, please be mature.

Inane means stupid or silly, which so far, all of your posts in this thread have been just that. Mindless dribble with you using a few big words and pattern of speech definitions to try and make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about, but in all honesty? It's just making you sound like a horse's ass.

EDIT: Also, FYI, the chatbox we used originally with the site had about 10x the level of activity at its peak that XAT ever had.
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:15 pm

Am I high and mighty because I actually give solid, provable reasons behind what I say lol

And I don't say things always work, but I didn't give any specific plan in my original post... I just said to change things up... which does always work... because nothing that's stale has ever lasted forever... well nothing lasts forever... but still.

And it's kind of sad that if I just say the word "XAT" I get a barrel of people annoyed lol. I put it in the original post twice, and I added nothing extra to it--easily ignorable. Most people would just skip over that.

And what I said to Pats was true... so...

Do I know it all? No... but I know some things... that was one of them.

And to an earlier post about "ignoring me" because of the XAT things... well, I'm actually not being ignored. Some of my less serious posts are ignored... I don't really expect them to get replied to, haha. But any serious post I make just gets XAT remarks and everything else gets ignored lol... though E/T did go through the 14 things at one point...

But again, and everyone can stfu about XAT for one second, I don't see why suggesting to change the culture in XWL a bit is such a crazy notion...

The point I was hinting at... that this thread self-evinces... is that XWL is one of the more hostile, less welcoming leagues out there... if you want members, that's what has to be dealt with... stop being offended by people's opinions, stop making it seem like there's some kind of restriction on word choice, and make it seem like a home for all...

It always felt that way... I just didn't want to say it before... and many of you haven't been in a ton of leagues, so y'all don't really know the difference, but yes, every league has issues... it's usually controlled to a few members that are cycled out quickly anyways... (or should be)

This league just has some personality issues... lots of them... many of you don't notice because you're used to it; from the inside, it's not going to jump out at you... it's there... very much so... anyways, I did my best to warn y'all... so, as soon as this is posted, I'm going to look for the Delete Account button... assuming I can find it, I'm ghosting from here. If not, feel free to delete my account anyways.
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:17 pm

Zack wrote:
RCP wrote:
Zack wrote:
RCP wrote:

Inane means stupid or silly, which so far, all of your posts in this thread have been just that. Mindless dribble with you using a few big words and pattern of speech definitions to try and make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about, but in all honesty? It's just making you sound like a horse's ass.

EDIT: Also, FYI, the chatbox we used originally with the site had about 10x the level of activity at its peak that XAT ever had.
It's peak didn't last. I deal with averages, not outliers.

I like how you got the definition straight from the "inane definition" google search. If anyone's trying to act high and mighty...

I speak like that. Deal with it. And any good writer will tell you that if a common word means that word you're trying to use, then you should use the common one. Inane wasn't needed. Stop trying to outsmart me--this isn't about that. Bye.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:19 pm

RCP wrote:

I like how you got the definition straight from the "inane definition" google search. If anyone's trying to act high and mighty...

I speak like that. Deal with it. And any good writer will tell you that if a common word means that word you're trying to use, then you should use the common one. Inane wasn't needed. Stop trying to outsmart me--this isn't about that. Bye.

I mean, I wanted to just outright call you a fucking cunt, but I'm an admin now. I have to be nice...somewhat.
Back to top Go down
RCP
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Zack wrote:
RCP wrote:

I mean, I wanted to just outright call you a fucking cunt, but I'm an admin now. I have to be nice...somewhat.
Nope, you wanted to show you could use big words too... didn't work. I'm not "trying" to use big words... jesus. I just speak like that. Y'all gotta not be so sensitive just because I speak differently than you... that's as discriminatory as hating me because I'm gay or black... except people would actually be outraged because it's viewed as unacceptable to hate people for those reasons, but not for "being high and mighty."

Anyways, can't delete my own account because I don't have access to the email for it, so feel free to take care of that whenever.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:24 pm

RCP wrote:
Zack wrote:
RCP wrote:

Nope, you wanted to show you could use big words too... didn't work. I'm not "trying" to use big words... jesus. I just speak like that. Y'all gotta not be so sensitive just because I speak differently than you... that's as discriminatory as hating me because I'm gay or black... except people would actually be outraged because it's viewed as unacceptable to hate people for those reasons, but not for "being high and mighty."

Anyways, can't delete my own account because I don't have access to the email for it, so feel free to take care of that whenever.

Are you seriously trying to play a discrimination card because your head is seriously so far up your own ass that you can't see that YOU are in the wrong here, not us? All you've done is make ridiculous suggestions, I.E. trying to force Krzy to come back when he has his own life and has his own issues to worry about, and making Ewantu a GM when he's the biggest troll since the actual trollface itself. You're not being discriminated against, you're blowing smoke up your own ass and we're calling you out on that, and you just don't like that.

Fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Simply Put....HELP - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simply Put....HELP
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2