An Xbox One online league for the WWE 2K17 videogame.
 
HomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Coming Soon to XWL
Today at 6:02 pm by Plus

» We got a birthday on our hands!!!
Today at 5:00 am by P.R Son

» XWL Anarchy 9/18/17 - 9/25/17
Yesterday at 10:00 pm by Leo Kruger/Harmon

» XWL Emergence: 9/4/2017 - 9/18/2017
Yesterday at 9:38 pm by imagohard2nite

» New Availability: Bayley!
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:29 pm by Austin

» New Availability: Brock Lesnar!
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:29 pm by Austin

» Beethoven of Baritone
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 pm by StrumSkillet13

» New Availability: Asuka!
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:17 pm by P.R Son

» The Princess of Staten Island
Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:49 pm by P.R Son

» WWE 2K18 Official Info Thread
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:16 pm by Sam

CONTACT ADMINS

Have any questions? Need to let the administration team know something? Don't hesitate to send one of the listed admins a private message! We are happy to help, and will gladly assist you in any way you need assistance. So remember, message any of us listed admins below, and we'll get to work on the issue you need resolving/question you need answering.

DAVID
league owner

KYLE
co-owner

AUSTIN
graphics

TYLER
weekly booking

JOSH
points management

LEGAL
card formatting

TACO
statistical analyst

Quick Links


Share | 
 

 Simply Put....HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 6132
Likes : 81
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Simply Put....HELP   Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Okay so for the longest time we had a not perfect, but mostly stable admin team. We had myself which had open availability, Kyle with open availability, and Gaz who was often referred as "the rock" by myself because he truly was a crucial part of the team in getting things done/bringing forth ideas and being really reliable. Unfortunately I'm way less available now, Kyle is but not as much as he was, and that's not no longer enough....because Gaz is no longer able to be apart of XWL. Works too much, and just wants to relax/play games when he gets home (which is one hundred percent understandable)


So that's why things need to change. We need to assemble some more members to the Admin Team. We need people that can bring forth ideas, help with fixing the activity (because with sickness, work, computer viruses, and whatnot we're kind of in a bind on that) and need to bring forth more activity so it isn't just the same ones (and then nothing when they can't do stuff like the last two weeks)



If you love what XWL is, and want it to continue, and prosper...we need your help. Getting your matches/promos done is one thing, but we need some help on the behind the scenes stuff. So if you're interested, we'd love your help. Fresh people with new ideas could be what we need, so let's turn bad news into bittersweet.


Also


R.I.P Krzy, we had our rough patches through the years but I appreciate everything you did for XWL and you'll be gravely missed. Rose IGN

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedicouncil05
Jobber
Jobber


Posts : 50
Likes : 0
Join date : 2016-01-30

PostSubject: Interested    Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Yo I am very interested and free most of the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MangoTango
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 157
Likes : 3
Join date : 2015-03-04
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:09 pm

I work first part of the day but after that I'm mostly free
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RCP
Mid Card
Mid Card


Posts : 102
Likes : -2
Join date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:15 am

I've been waiting for this day. The time is right. I am ready to step up as an Admin and take XWL to heights never before seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 1241
Likes : 7
Join date : 2012-12-04
Age : 23
Location : The Day One Ish

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:29 am

RCP wrote:
I've been waiting for this day. The time is right. I am ready to step up as an Admin and take XWL to heights never before seen.

No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ewantu2
Jobber
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 86
Likes : -15
Join date : 2012-12-02
Location : Your mums house

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Zack wrote:
RCP wrote:
I've been waiting for this day. The time is right. I am ready to step up as an Admin and take XWL to heights never before seen.

No.

Your just jealous because RCP Could be the admin that you can only dream to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ewantu2
Jobber
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 86
Likes : -15
Join date : 2012-12-02
Location : Your mums house

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:30 pm

I'll be the GM if you need one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 1241
Likes : 7
Join date : 2012-12-04
Age : 23
Location : The Day One Ish

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:06 pm

ewantu2 wrote:
I'll be the GM if you need one.

We're fine, but we appreciate your interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 3204
Likes : 66
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 26
Location : Halifax, England

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:10 pm

Ewantu4GM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 681
Likes : 14
Join date : 2013-03-05
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:18 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
Ewantu4GM

didn't I scare you away? get outta here with that Ewantu4GM bullsheeeet

_________________



2x World Champion as Dean Ambrose (2016)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RCP
Mid Card
Mid Card


Posts : 102
Likes : -2
Join date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Fuck Ewantu for GM. That wanker couldn't manage his own gotdamn waistline. We need a real man's man, like RCP, to make XWL great again.

Elect RCP 2016 us flag
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P.R Son
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 6132
Likes : 81
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:24 pm

RCP wrote:
Fuck Ewantu for GM. That wanker couldn't manage his own gotdamn waistline. We need a real man's man, like RCP, to make XWL great again.

Elect RCP 2016 us flag



What we need is for everyone to actually do their matches. Which as someone who cannot do matches because of not even having the console or game, I'd love to hear how you'd solve that issue.

Or better yet, people making sure the matches they actually do, are actually posted?


Can you get people to actually respond to their messages when their opponent messages them about doing the match? Like, when they're on Skype together, can you get them to actually reply when they're clearly there? When they're on Xbox, can you get them to respond to the message when they're clearly online?



Can you stop members from begging to be booked for weeks, even when they are currently booked...and then, a week later...they quit the league, and they don't even have the decency to tell you?



Because that's a big part in "making XWL great again"


More opportunities for everyone means nothing if the matches for said opportunities aren't done.

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
ewantu2
Jobber
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 86
Likes : -15
Join date : 2012-12-02
Location : Your mums house

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:54 pm

By the way I'm not joking but I really think you should make RCP admin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RCP
Mid Card
Mid Card


Posts : 102
Likes : -2
Join date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Well, what I think we should do is build a wall.

Also, that list was very long, E/T. It seems like you thought that out quite a bit. I don't know if I can compete.

But here's the 14 points of XWL diplomacy:

1. XAT
2. Do fun stuff
3. Recruit
4. Wait for the next game because that's when people join
5. Make the league more fun
6. Do new things
7. XAT
8. Make Krzy rejoin
9. Make Jerry honorary idea person
10. Shake things up
11. Do not get mad at people like Ewantu2 so easily
12. The league should be entertaining and not Point A to Point B
13. Get creative
14. Make XWL great again


E: Also, this must be said, but there's no such thing as "more opportunities for everyone." There can be more parity of opportunities, but opportunity is finite so, by giving it to someone else, it must be taken from someone. Unless titles are added to give "opportunity" but doing that is also counterproductive because it diminishes the value of the current ones anyways.


Last edited by RCP on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RCP
Mid Card
Mid Card


Posts : 102
Likes : -2
Join date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:34 pm

ewantu2 wrote:
By the way I'm not joking but I really think you should make RCP admin.
Lol, definitely not enough time for that anymore. But I could definitely help changing the XWL culture a bit because that's what needs to change--XWL isn't fun enough, and that's why current members aren't excited to do things and new members aren't eager to join.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P.R Son
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 6132
Likes : 81
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:16 pm

RCP wrote:
Well, what I think we should do is build a wall.

Also, that list was very long, E/T. It seems like you thought that out quite a bit. I don't know if I can compete.

But here's the 14 points of XWL diplomacy:

1. XAT
2. Do fun stuff
3. Recruit
4. Wait for the next game because that's when people join
5. Make the league more fun
6. Do new things
7. XAT
8. Make Krzy rejoin
9. Make Jerry honorary idea person
10. Shake things up
11. Do not get mad at people like Ewantu2 so easily
12. The league should be entertaining and not Point A to Point B
13. Get creative
14. Make XWL great again


E: Also, this must be said, but there's no such thing as "more opportunities for everyone." There can be more parity of opportunities, but opportunity is finite so, by giving it to someone else, it must be taken from someone. Unless titles are added to give "opportunity" but doing that is also counterproductive because it diminishes the value of the current ones anyways.





When your first point is XAT, you instantly make us roll our eyes, because you know why we removed it, we had a good reason, and XAT is not going to suddenly make people do their matches, which is the main issue right now, so that is the LEAST of our worries.


"Fun stuff" is subjective, everyone has their own definition of "fun."  For example to me, a good match is what's fun for me, when I face someone that no matter what the reason for the match, just wants to put on a good match that we both enjoy first and foremost. But unfortunately a group of people prefer "wins" over just having a good match. They get caught up in outcomes as opposed to the journey to said outcome. Like this week I defended my title against Sheamus in a Ladder Match. Due to the nature of how it can end, anytime after three finishers, it'd be an easy prediction to say that it'd A. have a shitty ending, and B. be a try hard's dream.  But no, Plus, the Sheamus user, is an example of what we all should strive to be in matches of importance. For the stakes do not matter, the overall experience comes first for him, and that is how ALL matches should be.


People obsessed with winning ruins the motivation to do matches for others because why play to have fun if your opponent is just gonna be, simply put...a dick?


We've tried recruiting, but it's different in 2016. Forums and locations like that have rules now unlike in previous years. We abide by those rules and follow the proper channels to advertise, but it didn't go well.


We're not about to make XWL a 4 month a year thing. We waited until this new game to start fresh, so that's not a fix, it's a bandage that eventually falls over revealing the same wound.


Again fun is subjective, what is fun to someone, isn't fun to another.


We've DONE new things, more title matches on regular shows, things to get the community involved in decisions, more contenders things, which completely bombed in EVERY way possible. From allowing the members to decide the top contenders, to that tying, to a member that was voted being revealed to not only have left, but not even did the promo that he was apart of period. Then a triple threat wasn't done so we made it one on one, but that didn't get done, so it had be done AGAIN the next week. All the new things in the world mean nothing if matches aren't done.


Krzy has his reasons for leaving, we should respect it and leave it at that.


Jerry rejoined and then never came back, and suddenly is lurking the site now without even posting.


How do we "shake things up" ??  We've literally never given more title opportunities to more people than we have recently,  we're having more regular title matches, other ideas that have been in the works but can't be put in motion if matches aren't done. Hell, we took a hard hit this week on one member, and we've got a nice way of making everyone have an opportunity and get their shot at getting something, but if those matches aren't done, it's just going to bomb.


We've practically been ignoring people like you and ewantu, instead of getting mad, we're just letting you be. This is the first time I'm replying to you and it's because this is an address to not only you, but the league.



Yes as admins we're in a high percentage of responsibility for making things work, but we can't physically drive/fly to everyone's house and do their matches for them, now can we? We literally haven't done our warning system for promos in over two months, so we're not exactly down people's throats about making sure they meet a certain amount of promos.



For the creative point, AGAIN. It falls on the match issue, if matches aren't done all the creative shit in the world will be of waste. We gave the decision to the members to decide the next I.C contender, and that went all wrong in every way possible as said above, we had never done that before.



And the more opportunities for everyone thing is simply this, look at Mango, a guy that did one promo, but it showed effort, and interest. So Krzy suggested him for the contenders match thing previously, and we did it. If someone puts in effort, they'll get an opportunity, a hell of a lot quicker than previously. We wanted to do a tournament for the first world title match but didn't have the members for it so that didn't happen, but that's something we want to do because you'll have more members apart of the same opportunity. Because you can't add more titles if AGAIN, MATCHES AREN'T DONE.


This all falls back on one main issue, matches are NOT getting done. We can bust our ass to be creative, or do "fun" little things, but all of that is one big waste of our time if members can't respond to a simple message from their opponent within a seven day period.


That is how we make XWL great again, by people stop worrying about what someone else is, or isn't doing, and they do something themselves. Look at fucking Tyler this week, HE HAS NO COMPUTER, but he still took the effort to do an actual legit opening promo, if he could do that, then nobody else has any excuse as to why they can't do something, anything.


Quite frankly, everyone needs to care more, this doesn't need to be your life, but you know what? It takes less than a minute to message your opponent for the week, and maybe a five minute conversation with them to compare schedules to arrange a time/day to do said match.  So either everyone can do such a simple thing, or they can't. And in that case, if any member for any reasons feels like they don't have six minutes to arrange their match within a seven day period, and 15-20 minutes maybe 30 to do their match, within a seven day period, then you're wasting our time, and clearly what insanely little time you yourself have as it is.



That's the honest truth, it's not difficult to do the match, it's not difficult to contact your opponent, so don't make it difficult. Don't be apart of the "problem" be apart of the solution. Do your match, promo if you feel like it, and then we'll feel like our time isn't being wasted, and our ideas are pointless. There's threeish weeks until Final Stand, so everyone wake the fuck up and do SOMETHING. Either leave, stay, whatever. But don't just sit there doing nothing.

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 543
Likes : 11
Join date : 2014-10-21
Age : 21
Location : Jersey Shore Bay Bay

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:43 pm

David wins at fucking life, couldn't have said it better myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 2087
Likes : 9
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 30
Location : Mansfield, OH

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:31 pm

I can't speak for everyone here, but, if I could just touch on one thing you said it'd be wait for the next game to make the league active. Do you know how horrible of an idea that sounds? You're making it sound like that'd give people a free pass to join, be active for god knows how long, then leave and not give a fuck and say well, hey, things died down because the game got meh.

We may run this place as the admins, but Ive said it before and I'll say it again, this is as much your guys place as it is ours. You want things to be fun, and not boring, then come to us with suggestions on what to do. We cant magically pull every little idea out of our asses and expect everyone to like them. Some work but a hell of a lot others don't and that's hard to come by.

This place is one of if not the longest leagues I've ever seen for this series of games. There's so much history behind it and guess what? A lot of it is based on fun. What's fun you ask? There's varying definitions. The easy answer? For me it will always be just having a back and forth match with people in here.

That's what attracted me to this league in the first place. That's why I even went out of my way to get an actual xbox 360 years ago and joined the league for real. As some will recall I used to be a Sony gamer and I had been on the PS3. For ages I had helped GM this place until the point where I could actually join. I joined because I saw how much fun the matches and promos were.

So you suggest to me what can we do to make things fun again? There's only so far we can go if next to no matches get done every week. How can we as the admins make things fun again for everyone by bringing in ideas when hardly anything gets done. I'll be the first to admit I've slacked recently but I got hurt a while ago and am only just recovering. I'm going to do my part to contribute and we've got some ideas that we hope will make things fun again, but, our effort is only half the battle. We need you guys to contribute and have fun too. Like David said it doesn't take much to do a match or a promo. If things come up one week let us know but if it becomes too much help us change it instead of complaining.

I've been here for the long haul and I dont plan on leaving no matter how hard things may be. I realize it's not the best it's been in a while but I want to change that. I can only hope you guys will help and maybe then we can "make xwl great again" as you tried to put it. It starts by getting your stuff done. I'm going to, are you? I hope so.


_________________

Gamertag: wwefnfurlife
Former World, Xtreme, United States and Diva's Champion
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xwlleague.forumotion.com
RCP
Mid Card
Mid Card


Posts : 102
Likes : -2
Join date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:45 pm

Smh, the answer to XWL's problems aren't "people need to do things; it isn't us."

Put it like this: for most people, XWL is one of many ways they can spend their leisure time. There's netflix, there's pornhub (lol), there's 4chan, there's whatever the fuck. There's the gotdamn outdoors, blessed be those who still choose that option. Point is, people have tons of options, and XWL is one of many. XWL is not, as some seem to think, a job or a required activity.

So, then, why would someone choose to devote their leisure time to XWL?

They have to want to. Why is nobody doing matches right now? Is it that their schedules are all filled 24/7? No, it's because they don't want to do matches. They'd rather go for a swim, play a ranked COD game, fuck their girlfriend, whatever. XWL isn't fun, and there's other things they'd rather do.

So, saying things like "we just need people to care more" isn't offering a solution; it's acknowledging the problem. The problem isn't that matches aren't getting done. The problem is that no one cares; a byproduct of that blaise attitude is match incompletion.

So, again, how do we make XWL more fun? How do we make people actually give a fuck and willingly want to do shit?

We do new things, and we make the league entertaining. We actually give the league a personality. All the title matches in the world won't give it that. All the opportunity won't give it that. All the show changes won't give it that.

It starts with being friendly, opening, and welcoming. Have an XAT chat; skype is closed off, and it's not good for new members. XWL needs to be more like a community; in my opinion, it always seemed to be the most segregated of all the leagues I ever joined--I've joined tons of leagues.

Also, do ACTUAL new things. Match voting isn't new--that's been done at Digital Decision and at some Main Events of past years. Instead, try things like changing promo format to TBC to encourage co-promos and actual member interaction, have someone promoing as an actual GM character who comes out during some TBC promos, have a league-wide storyline going rather than everyone just doing separate things.

And make it feel like it's more than just feud --> PPV match --> hope for title shot.

Have out-of-character random tournaments, have a hardcore title just to mess around with, just get a group of Admins together, throw out the craziest ideas you can come up with, and the ones that have any potential of working, try them out.

No one participates in XWL because they have nothing better to do; people participate in FUN. Therefore, XWL has to be FUN. XWL has always been pretty plain.

And don't "ignore" people who aren't always the most serious... the league isn't SUPPOSED to be serious; it's SUPPOSED to be FUN. Do we join to cordially converse with our fellow comrades or to fuck around with our buds? If it's the former, no one wants to join that bullshit.

Basically, if you want commitment from members, you need something for them to be committed to. E/T, you've been here for years; you're going to naturally feel committed to the league. Many others, they've been here for years.

Newer people? The league hasn't grown on them. You can't just expect effort; you have to give them reason to give it.

If the league feels like a bunch of friends having a good time with fun, exciting, dynamic storylines, people will be lining up to participate. If the league feels isolated and like you might have to watch what you say, people are going to stay away. XWL needs a better, comfier feel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RCP
Mid Card
Mid Card


Posts : 102
Likes : -2
Join date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Lol, why y'all gotta frame it like I meant to cut the league right now and wait for the next game. I was just saying recruiting is easiest when the game is new. Right now, there's not a ton of people out there. Release to February is the key time to recruit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 2087
Likes : 9
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 30
Location : Mansfield, OH

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:51 pm

RCP wrote:
Lol, why y'all gotta frame it like I meant to cut the league right now and wait for the next game. I was just saying recruiting is easiest when the game is new. Right now, there's not a ton of people out there. Release to February is the key time to recruit.
We know that though. Nobody said that we wanted anyone to recruit. All David and I have been mainly saying is that, for the people that are here, the league is bleh because nothing is being done. We can only go so far to help in our ways to help with that. We know advertising is pointless right now. That's not our argument. Our point is that things are bleh right now but that's not just on us. It's on you guys too to make things fun and active around here.

_________________

Gamertag: wwefnfurlife
Former World, Xtreme, United States and Diva's Champion
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xwlleague.forumotion.com
RCP
Mid Card
Mid Card


Posts : 102
Likes : -2
Join date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Kyle wrote:
RCP wrote:
Lol, why y'all gotta frame it like I meant to cut the league right now and wait for the next game. I was just saying recruiting is easiest when the game is new. Right now, there's not a ton of people out there. Release to February is the key time to recruit.
We know that though. Nobody said that we wanted anyone to recruit. All David and I have been mainly saying is that, for the people that are here, the league is bleh because nothing is being done. We can only go so far to help in our ways to help with that. We know advertising is pointless right now. That's not our argument. Our point is that things are bleh right now but that's not just on us. It's on you guys too to make things fun and active around here.
What? You guys were saying I was saying to suspend the league until the next game came out. That last post I made was only about that; the longer one had the other stuff.

But actually, recruiting isn't pointless right now... just a lot harder. A ton of recruiting could probably net 5ish members right now.

Though, I do note the board restrictions these days; it's a much different world in recruiting. But boards were only ever a part of recruiting. Here are some other methods:

1. Other boards (gamefaqs, gamespot, etc)
2. Dead leagues (compile GTs and message them on XBL)
3. Play games for fun with randoms and, when you get someone that's reasonably fair (reasonably, meaning not perfectly fair, but not a fucking prick either) shoot them a message and see if they're interested... this actually works surprisingly well, especially if you're good at ending matches quickly.
4. Have people referring others they know. If XWL had a points system, offering points to those who recruit and even also to those who are recruited is a nice strategy.
5. Try to get XWL out there on other platforms. These days, a lot of other leagues have strong YouTube, twitter, etc followings of a couple hundred that gets them some members. Ironically, yes, XAT is a platform too because it has a large userbase and people search "wrestling" to find wrestling chats, which means an occasional random pops into chat and if you act quickly enough you can recruit them.

Also, things from XWL's past that I must address:

Does the league still have that stupid "Admin activation" for new users? Get rid of that. That's a very, very good way to chase away new members. If people can't sign up right away, they might never sign up. Also, make most of the forum accessible for anyone. There's more danger in not letting potential members see the whole league than there is in XWL members being poached (which is why I've always assumed parts of the site are hidden?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P.R Son
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 6132
Likes : 81
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:18 pm

RCP wrote:
Smh, the answer to XWL's problems aren't "people need to do things; it isn't us."



We aren't saying it's not us, we're saying it's EVERYONE. But it's not JUST us like you keep painting it out to be.


"XWL is not, as some seem to think, a job or a required activity."


Never said that, always said real life comes first.







"It starts with being friendly, opening, and welcoming. "


Okay this implies that I, or we never are/have been and that pisses me off. I more than anyone am always welcoming new members, immediately pulling them into a conversation to help them in any way get adjusted to XWL, and feel welcomed like they're wanted. We don't need a "XAT chat" to do that, ANY chat would do that, so again XAT has nothing to do with providing a solution so if you'd like to actually "help" quit bouncing on it's dick 24/7. That is the most obnoxiously annoying thing about dealing with you, you might actually provide something of use if we we didn't have to deal with you constantly touting XAT as if it'll end world hunger and solve all of life's problems, like just quit that shit.





"Instead, try things like changing promo format to TBC to encourage co-promos and actual member interaction, have someone promoing as an actual GM character who comes out during some TBC promos, have a league-wide storyline going rather than everyone just doing separate things. "


How is that any different to members planning to do a co promo with another, and them sending it back n forth and posting the finalized thing? It's hard to do a league wide storyline if the league doesn't promo, isn't it? See, it's thing like that, that sure would be lovely and gum drops and rainbows...but if people aren't going to do promos, if people don't do promos...then ideas like that as I've said previously...ARE A WASTE.




"Have out-of-character random tournaments, have a hardcore title just to mess around with, just get a group of Admins together, throw out the craziest ideas you can come up with, and the ones that have any potential of working, try them out."

If people come and join XWL, and never communicate with us, even if we reach out to them, and then leave, AGAIN without communicating they've left...we kinda can't have random things happen if the people can't be contacted. Ideas only work if matches are done, I don't know how many times I have to say this before you understand that.



No one participates in XWL because they have nothing better to do; people participate in FUN. Therefore, XWL has to be FUN. XWL has always been pretty plain.


Again, saying things like that implies we don't already know that...it's kind of obvious, XWL is a side thing they do in their spare time. That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but I've never found XWL "plain" it doesn't have to be crazy 24/7 with all this shit that never lasts more than a week or two to be "fun."




"And don't "ignore" people who aren't always the most serious... the league isn't SUPPOSED to be serious; it's SUPPOSED to be FUN. Do we join to cordially converse with our fellow comrades or to fuck around with our buds? If it's the former, no one wants to join that bullshit."

We ignore you, and others because responding gives us headaches when you do shit like "OH MY GOD XAT IS THE BEST, XAT WILL SOLVE ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS, XAT XAT XAT XAT XAT XAT"  why the hell would ANYONE want to deal with that?  It has nothing to do with being serious, it has everything to do with being a person people want to communicate with. When you're on the chat being a creep using some chick's picture "joking" about tricking members that you're that girl, I'm sorry if it's too "serious" to find that creepy, and stop it, but I guess we have different definitions of serious.





"Basically, if you want commitment from members, you need something for them to be committed to. E/T, you've been here for years; you're going to naturally feel committed to the league. Many others, they've been here for years.

Newer people? The league hasn't grown on them. You can't just expect effort; you have to give them reason to give it. "



RYAN IS LITERALLY A NEW MEMBER, AND HE'S MORE COMMITTED THAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN HERE FOR YEARS. Because he wants the idea of XWL, a place where he can promo, do matches, and enjoy the WWE game, and wrestling in general with like minded people.






I'm telling you that when we recruited back in the "hot" time we didn't get but one or two bites, and we did it in a good many popular locations.

No the league doesn't have admin activation.


Honestly this feels pointless because you keep saying the same things, and don't seem to understand what we're saying. There's a reason all of the leagues you say were "friendlier" and more of a "community" didn't last, so think about that when you try to constantly turn us into them. There's no one right way to do things, what worked in another league doesn't mean it will work for us, especially if said league didn't work very long in general. So I'm going to say this now because I don't want the upcoming thread to be plastered with "XAT XAT XAT" and "DONT BE SRS" please do not reply to the thread we post later. You are not a member here, and we want feedback from actual members so be respectful of that and let's agree to disagree.


_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 1241
Likes : 7
Join date : 2012-12-04
Age : 23
Location : The Day One Ish

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:44 am

RCP wrote:

E: Also, this must be said, but there's no such thing as "more opportunities for everyone." There can be more parity of opportunities, but opportunity is finite so, by giving it to someone else, it must be taken from someone. Unless titles are added to give "opportunity" but doing that is also counterproductive because it diminishes the value of the current ones anyways.

So by that logic would it be okay to take away your ability to post this inane nonsense about XAT you keep spewing out?

:dallas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 3204
Likes : 66
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 26
Location : Halifax, England

PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:54 am

RCP, do yourself a favour and just leave it. You're just making yourself look stupid, you're saying people not doing stuff isn't the reason, yet one of your constant reasons is "XAT". A chat isn't going to change what's done promo wise or match wise, we proved that already.

Also, you're there acting like you know everything on how to run a league when the fact is you've ran about 20 leagues and none of them got as popular as David/Kyle got xwl. So I don't think they need you telling them what to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Simply Put....HELP   

Back to top Go down
 

Simply Put....HELP

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

 Similar topics

-
» My Black Butler, I am simply one h3ll of a maid
» Fullmetal Alchemist: A new world (sign ups)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xtreme Wrestling League :: General Discussion-