Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Note on overalls

Go down 
+4
Jimmy
Kyle
KingWolf
TheFilthParade
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:36 am

The ones posted are the ones you must use, these aren't up for debate. There is no need to send angry PMs because you don't like your overall. In fact if you care so much about the overall that you need to do so, xwl isn't the place for you. We want fun matches here, overalls have never been a huge issue and they won't be now. Having a lower overall won't stop fun matches and to me suggests that winning will be the only thing you're interested in and that's not what XWL is about.

Ty for reading :dallas
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 6:26 am

You put AJ Styles to a 93 and others such as Kenta/Steen/Cole an 85, It's debatable. P.S. It wasn't an angry pm where I went off the handle if anything I was rational about it. You're right winning isn't the entire point of XWL but I'm a competitive spirit nonetheless. Being among the top of this game and one of the best all around It's insulting to have to deal with a little overall because with what comes with it is me being downgraded compared to the others. They get their finishers faster and It's a bad time for all involved.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 6:51 am

KingWolf wrote:
You put AJ Styles to a 93 and others such as Kenta/Steen/Cole an 85, It's debatable. P.S. It wasn't an angry pm where I went off the handle if anything I was rational about it. You're right winning isn't the entire point of XWL but I'm a competitive spirit nonetheless. Being among the top of this game and one of the best all around It's insulting to have to deal with a little overall because with what comes with it is me being downgraded compared to the others. They get their finishers faster and It's a bad time for all involved.

AJ has been one of the top guys in the Indy scene for many years which to me justify an higher rating than the likes of Cole. You thinking Cole is one of best is an opinion whilst Cole is great I don't share that opinion so don't think he'd be any higher than he is.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 6:59 am

TheFilthParade wrote:
KingWolf wrote:

AJ has been one of the top guys in the Indy scene for many years which to me justify an higher rating than the likes of Cole. You thinking Cole is one of best is an opinion whilst Cole is great I don't share that opinion so don't think he'd be any higher than he is.
Now putting that to the side, I was fixing up my overall and it's impossible for me to put it realistically wise under 100. I put everything to 0 and started from scratch and put on what they SHOULD use even with sacrifices I'm still left with a 100 overall. Edit: I put the overall to 86 but everything is a 70 or lower.. gee thanks
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 7:20 am

I'm just going to say the same thing I always have, because it's how I've always felt about overalls, period. They are nothing more than a number to me. Someone being rated a point or two higher than someone else doesn't matter. It's about taking what you've got and making the best out of it. I say this, because for YEARS I was MVP and his ratings have been shit for several years yet, I was able to overcome that and win the world title here.

That being said, I get that a lot of people join these places like XWL for competition but, this place is and always has been, created because we want to have fun matches with each other. It's alright to want to win but lets not go overboard here. The main thing we're all wanting to do is have fun with each other. So lets not argue over a silly little number and remember why we're here. Granted I get that some like to win, and that's fine but, just don't let something like this stop you from having fun either. As I'm sorry but, like Gaz said if that's all you're about, then this probably isn't the place for you. Someone being higher than someone else isn't the end of the world.

Just my two cents as the person who's been here through pretty much everything and has seen this, and been involved in, this debate for years.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 7:28 am

Kyle wrote:
I'm just going to say the same thing I always have, because it's how I've always felt about overalls, period. They are nothing more than a number to me. Someone being rated a point or two higher than someone else doesn't matter. It's about taking what you've got and making the best out of it. I say this, because for YEARS I was MVP and his ratings have been shit for several years yet, I was able to overcome that and win the world title here.

That being said, I get that a lot of people join these places like XWL for competition but, this place is and always has been, created because we want to have fun matches with each other. It's alright to want to win but lets not go overboard here. The main thing we're all wanting to do is have fun with each other. So lets not argue over a silly little number and remember why we're here. Granted I get that some like to win, and that's fine but, just don't let something like this stop you from having fun either. As I'm sorry but, like Gaz said if that's all you're about, then this probably isn't the place for you. Someone being higher than someone else isn't the end of the world.

Just my two cents as the person who's been here through pretty much everything and has seen this, and been involved in, this debate for years.
The basis of this game is that exactly, Unlike previous wrestling games. The whole overall revolves around your superstar and I assure you it won't be fun matches if I'm getting destroyed based off my attributes and not my skill
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 7:50 am

KingWolf wrote:
Kyle wrote:

The basis of this game is that exactly, Unlike previous wrestling games. The whole overall revolves around your superstar and I assure you it won't be fun matches if I'm getting destroyed based off my attributes and not my skill
I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree then. Overalls have never meant nothing in this league. They're just a number. Sure, it does affect your stats more in this game for the first time in forever, but it's entirely possible to win matches with really shitty stats. I just don't see why you're focusing so much on this. This league is mainly here for fun for everyone to have an enjoyable time. Not argue or get upset at each other over the view of something that we may disagree on. I get what you're saying but it's entirely possible to win matches with a crappy overall, and my point being here, it shouldn't all be about winning. That's not what this league is about is the point I'm trying to get at. It's entirely possible to win and have fun. Even if your overall is shit.

E: Just a final note here. I suggest you go through some of the older threads and watch some of the match videos. You'll see that although it is competitive here we're mainly about putting on fun matches. I get where you're coming from, I really do but, we haven't even had our first card back and you haven't even had your first match yet. Why not wait and see how things go before worrying too much dude? I get what you're saying, I do but believe me, overalls don't matter as much as you think they do here. As it's extremely possible to still win a match with an overall you're not expecting and even doing that winning isn't all this place is about. It's about enjoying the matches with each other. Take it slow and see how things go before getting too worked up. coffee
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 8:06 am

Due to the nature of the game and the difficulty of kickouts, if you hit 3 finishers you've pretty much won the match, so I don't understand the whole issue of your overall being high enough.  You hit 3 finishers as a 75 overall on a 95 overall guy and they're as good as done. Anybody would swear you've been given one under 80 making Cole the lowest in the game the way you're keeping on about it.  If you're having trouble keeping a certain attribute under 70 then I suggest you fix your abilities (which don't do all that much anyway) as making every stat 70 gives you a 77 overall and gives you a lot to play around with if Cole has an 85. The abilities could be making it difficult for you to keep him around the 85 mark.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 8:46 am

By the way Cole has an 85 is same level as Ziggler, if you ask me that's more than fair.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
Mid Card
Jimmy

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 12:01 pm

I just don't see how ones like Tyler Breeze, Mr.Kennedy, Drew McIntyre have higher overalls than Lashley, but its over now.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Jimmy wrote:
I just don't see how ones like Tyler Breeze,  Mr.Kennedy, Drew McIntyre have higher overalls than Lashley,  but its over now.

Because Lashley sucks?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
Mid Card
Jimmy

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 12:49 pm

He's better than half the superstars on the list, fact.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 12:50 pm

Jimmy wrote:
He's better than half the superstars on the list, fact.

Lmao. Not even close, certainly not a fact.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at some of this. The overalls aren't based on solely on ability, Gregg also takes into account the stature of the wrestler. Using AJ Styles as an example, hes an incredible wrestler and he one of the top names of TNA when it was worth watching, and his run as IWGP Heavyweight champion cemented the arrival of NJPW as a global product and the second biggest company in the world.

Adam Cole is the top heel in the third biggest company in America, and as good as he is, he isn't a top top performer, and still isn't viewed a money draw. You can't really argue an 85 rating. Bedsides he shares that with Ziggler, Zayn and Owens.

Bobby Lashley, much like Adam Cole isn't a money draw, he's a top star in the 2nd biggest promotion in America who are circling the drain right now. He's nothing special in the ring. He's not Goldberg, he's not Lesnar. He's Bobby Lashley, best known for being there when Vince got shaved bald by Steve Austin and Donald Trump. Stop acting like he's a huge name, truth is he's a relative nobody.

ALSO

I seems you guys have forgot that if you ccan actually reverse then it doesn't matter what your overall is. If you're good as the game then it's irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:40 pm

I was just saying in that PM that if someone were to hypothetically be Shelley he'd be at least a 95, no need to put me on blast like that. But if that's the way you guys want to play it...

Note on overalls Giphy
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:44 pm

More than likely you're giving Cole all the level 3 abilities to give him such a high overall. Level them down to level 1's and 2's and you should be able to bump up your attributes.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
Mid Card
Jimmy

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 3:44 pm

& so are the three I named earlier what is Tyler Breeze known for ? Being pretty? What is Mr. Kennedy known for? Same for McIntyre.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 4:05 pm

Jimmy wrote:
& so are the three I named earlier what is Tyler Breeze known for ? Being pretty? What is Mr. Kennedy known for? Same for McIntyre.

Breeze constantly has solid matches and a top NXT guy for a while, Kennedy had a solid WWE Run and consistent in TNA. Drew sucks but not as much as Lashley.
Back to top Go down

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Jimmy wrote:

Kennedy had unlimited potential in WWE.  Had an amazing feud with Undertaker and he was the complete package.  He was also Mr MITB and no doubt a future WWE/World champion (until he was screwed by a doctor).  He's also Mr Anderson if you didn't know (multi-time world champion in TNA).

McIntyre was pretty much unbeatable at the start of his career.  He was a dominant Intercontinental Champion.  Now making a name for himself on the independent scene.

Breeze is a big name in NXT and should be NXT champion sometime this year holding notable victories over the best NXT has to offer and headlining several events.

Seriously, you need to let it drop.  A lot of thought has gone into the overalls on my part for the WWE and NXT names.  I'm sure the same amount of thought has gone into the overalls for guys from other organisations too by the other admins or else we wouldn't have posted them in the first place.

Overalls are just a number.  If you hit 3 fins you've pretty much won.  If you had a 98 overall would you be happy?  Because you could still lose to the lowest rated guy in the game if the person using them were any good.  Overalls are there to kind of rank the wrestlers based on criteria explained in the Overall thread.  Nothing more.  Learn to play as your guy and do well.  That's all I have to say really.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 2:42 am

If you want to keep bitching about Lashley's overall? I'd suggest just dropping him for someone else that has received a much higher overall, then you wouldn't have quite so much to bitch about, now would you? Sorry Red didn't feel like making him a 100. us flag
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
Mid Card
Jimmy

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:06 am

The situation been over really was no need for you to enter I got it, there is no winning when talking time you guys. It seems you could talk to me anyway but when I say something out of pocket it's a problem. I just stated something I thought I had a question on which I what you encourage us to do ask questions when confused but that's a problem as Well. I been dropped it
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 5:52 am

While we're at it I'll take higher overalls for all my guys too. Thanks hug you guys are the best!
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 5:54 am

Actually if we're demanding stuff, I don't need higher overalls. Just better signatures. Yes. I DEMAND that the admins give me better signatures as the ones I could find on google suck Sad
talking about the pics not the signature moves btw.
once again thanks hug
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 6:30 am

Jimmy wrote:
The situation been over really was no need for you to enter I got it,  there is no winning when talking time you guys. It seems you could talk to me anyway but when I say something out of pocket it's a problem. I just stated something I thought I had a question on which I what you encourage us to do ask questions when confused but that's a problem as Well. I been dropped it

Are you crazy? It got explained to you why you shouldn't be complaining about an overall. So don't try sit there and play a victim. You was told what overall to use you didn't need to kick off a fuss about it, to me that shows you're in the wrong mindset for xwl anyway.

And how you've gone previously, I thought you wouldn't want to bring attention to yourself.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
Mid Card
Jimmy

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:51 am

OK I understood the explaining part which 3 admins in this same thread told me, OK it was over no need for him to come in and throw insults, and if I were to say something back I would be in the wrong anyway right? I asked a simple question about an overall and got my answer no need to get angry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Note on overalls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note on overalls   Note on overalls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Note on overalls
Page 1 of 1