Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL: Why can't we be friends?

Go down 
+8
Bang
Pats
Alveuss
DashingDJUrie
TheFilthParade
Shug
TheKrzyOne
P.R Son
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 2:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

In a place like XWL, filled with ranging personalities, and...sometimes, raging ones...it's easy to sometimes have a little bit of occasional "drama." People get ahead of themselves, lose their temper, say things they know they shouldn't say. None of us are an exception to it, and it does happen...it's fine that it does, I mean not really but everyone's had those moments so it's kind of normal without actually needing to be normal?

But sometimes it can just escalate into something that is toxic to this environment. Bringing up a recent scenario when Dashing had a less than enjoyable match with a new member, he had come to me to tell me I said I was sorry had had to go through that and I immediately messaged the guy to get his side as well as inform him that what he did was wrong and he needed to read the rules. A simple fix, yes? But, it's not so simple when Dashing makes a rather uncalled for post stating that it was the worst match he's ever had, the issue had already been settled. So was that really needed? Did you really need to see a new guy, a person that had not yet had a chance to really get his feet wet in XWL, get put on blast like that? The answer you're looking for is no, no you did not.

It was because of such a post that admin Dalton (Nitro) decided to respond with "Completely uncalled for." To which Dashing replied "What was uncalled for is the way that he played. But you know, gg. "

Because a member put someone on blast and didn't seem to see what was wrong about it, Dalton made an equally as wrong decision on putting him on blast for the fact he had left his rival in the dark in regards to their promo that week. Very childish to take shots at someone, yeah? But you know the old saying don't fight fire with fire? It was talking about this, and it couldn't define it any better. Both posts were wrong, and nobody should be put on blast for such things as that when those are matters best kept private. But because there was no "rule" in effect to show people this was wrong even though it should be obvious you shouldn't do these things...it didn't end there.

Because Dalton had given Dashing a dose of his own medicine so to speak, Dashing made a remark that basically said he wasn't a good admin for doing so. This brings up how there shouldn't be a double standard on things, right? Admins shouldn't get special treatment, and at the same time...neither should members. They shouldn't get to say what they want while we have to be adults about because we should all be adults about it, this is for fun chill out, right?

The rest can be read in last week's Breakdown thread, and has been read by many already which is why I've used it as an example for this post. We all know how to act as adults, how to carry ourselves and be respectful to others, so while the occasional remark is expected...it shouldn't go any further than that, and recently it has.

Last year we implemented a policy that dealt with arguing and warning people to stop, but you know....why wait until then? Why wait until an argument has already broken out to solve it then? Which is why that policy is being amended to better suit issues that might go a bit too far.

When someone says something that is out of line, such as bringing up issues that have already been taken care of or are insulting someone...an admin will warn that member and all involved even if it's another admin...to stop that behavior immediately and drop it. Now if they do, nothing will be done as they will know they were wrong to behave that way, and that will be enough to hopefully deter the already rare behavior like that.

But if they don't, all people that continue will be banned from the site for twenty four hours, and issued a strike against them. This strike will play heavily in scenarios that see them continue this behavior in the future. For if it happens again, the same thing will happen, they will be told to stop, if they don't...they will then be banned for a week and issued a second strike. If they still for some reason cannot understand how they've acted is wrong, and they do it again....they again, will be issued a notice to stop, and if they don't...they get their third strike and are banned for a month.

But not only are they banned for a month, they will be stripped of every single one of their characters and have to start from scratch should they come back a month later.  

Does that sound harsh? Stupid even? Well that's because it is, but if someone finds themselves on a third strike, continually causing problems, isn't that stupid too? That's not someone we want around until they can learn how to act around others. Nobody is saying you can't have fun, make jokes, any of that. This is for people that can't seem to understand when to stop, and it's a way to force them to. Think about last year's policy, for those of you who were here, you know that only one person ever violated that. Everyone else took it as the warning it was, and knew no nonsense like bickering would go unpunished anymore.

So the odds of anyone actually getting any of these punishments are rare, but they are here in case someone does so that they do not ruin your experience or mine. This is a place for fun matches, awesome feuds, silly threads every now and then, a community for anything...so it's understandable that we want to keep the drama at a very low level, which is how it usually is. But because of recent events including members and admins, this nips that right in the bud. Admins can be warned by other admins, I can be warned...and you as members can be warned. So have fun, but be respectful to others. And on the off chance you say something out of line, if you stop there, that's enough for us. So thank you for reading this, I hope the way I've explained this has given you insight as to why we've done this, and if you have any questions please ask away.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:43 am

Suntan wrote:
On a side note
Spoiler:
 y
Please leave the league
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
Mid Card
Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:45 am

Thought this ended last night, woke up to more long ass paragraphs to read.  hmm 
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:56 am

Bang wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:
Bang wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:
Bang wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:
Bang wrote:
Didn't really understand that to be honest, Pats. This is a thread about less arguing and you want to open up the PS4 thing again? Doesn't seem relevant to me.

The way I see this though, yeah less arguing would be great. But clearly there's an issue here. Like earlier on one admin and a fellow member is telling me one thing and another admin telling me the complete opposite at the exact same time about the same thing. Now clearly one of you was lying, so how can you expect people to listen to you guys when you guys won't tell us the truth?

Just saw this, I don't think anybody lied. What I said to you was exactly what I said in the admin chat, it was just taken the wrong way, which added with other things that happened in the chat about it, led to confusion on what actually happened.

I tried to clear it up which made the other admins understand better. I made my feelings about the thing known to people involved and in the admin chat, so had no reason to lie.

I wasn't accusing you of lying, but clearly someone was at the time, or just didn't understand, and yet I got sent shit for it from an admin despite one person not being happy about the situation, but the other two saying it was fine. The admin was also all too happy to bring up things from four months ago for reasons why I'm a cunt. I don't know about anyone else but if that's going to happen it seems more like they wanted drama then to avoid it.

See, here's a bit of irony for ya for a bit of laugh...I did what you did last month when you blamed me for the situation. I didn't hear all the details I heard one thing and while you didn't rage to me just blocked me, I wanted to get something done because it seemed like an issue directly after it was over. I brought up 4 months ago because you said you knew it was shit yet did it anyways, and that compared to the other thing because you had planned to do one thing told everyone that and then none of that happened because you know. I don't want all of us to just bitch about everything but to me given last month that situation and another, I felt like it was too ironic. After I had already messaged you it was cleared up but yeah guess we're even now plain mischief:

ThatGuy wrote:
When someone says something that is out of line, such as bringing up issues that have already been taken care of or are insulting someone...an admin will warn that member and all involved even if it's another admin...to stop that behavior immediately and drop it. Now if they do, nothing will be done as they will know they were wrong to behave that way, and that will be enough to hopefully deter the already rare behavior like that.

Yeah, dat irony David. Telling all of us not to bring up shit from the past, then bringing up me saying I'll probably drop Eagles if I didn't win MITB(same as Gaz said about AJ btw, and Stay let shortly after FS too) whilst giving me shit about a match according to 2 of the 3 people I faced was a fair match, because the other one wasn't happy with it.

I brought that up over skype, don't use my words against me when they don't apply to skype. This is to stop site drama that goes too far. I brought it up because you said you knew what happened was wrong, and yet you did it anyways. Just like you said you weren't gonna do this, and then did it anyways. It's a fair comparison and regardless of the other details it still stands. If you know something is bad, why do it? That applies to anything. You said this was bad, yet did it anyways, so that to me is ironic. Now I don't think it's fair to really get pissed off at me considering you get pissed off at me no matter what I do. If I talk to you about an issue, you get pissed off. If I don't say a word to you about an issue like last month, I get blocked and blamed. So I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. So I might as well speak my mind and try to get shit done instead of having someone complain at first like you were previously. That is why I found the whole situation ironic. Yes all the details weren't out but that shows we're all human because just like you did last month, I did it this month. I'm sorry for that but with all the drama surrounding matches nowadays I am on a mission to put that shit in the past and somehow someway we're going to get rid of the whole "title matches suck" thing.

Yeah, you did mention them on Skype, but you also detailed them in this thread, fairly certain that's not exempt from not bringing stuff up on the site.

Thing is David, yeah I admitted it was wrong, even though I didn't do anything against the leagues rules, offered a rematch as soon as the match ended and about five times after that too because I knew it wasn't the best ending, which two said no it was fine, and the only person who took exception chose to get you to fight his battle for him instead of talking to me and the other two about it. If he had it could of been settled right there and then.

But instead you chose to bring up other stuff to throw in my face and even said all three were complaining when they didn't. And while you were saying that the other two were also complaining to them, I told them that's what you were saying and flat out denying it.

Fair enough that you want matches to be fun and get rid of this stigma of bad title matches, but genuinely don't see the need for you to of brought it up. There are plenty of issues a fair few people know about from the past, that could easily support such notions of Admins abusing their powers, or shitty title matches by admins which could easily be brought up, but that would just cause more drama which is the opposite of this thread.

Except I didn't detail it in this thread, you did...I left out the details.

See again, this is what happens when mixed details. When you were all up in arms upset at me last month for the Suke thing you didn't come to me once or even think anything through. You blocked me and I heard from everyone it was basically my fault that everything happened according to you. Shuggz actually asked to have a conversation with us which everyone should know to do instead of the shit that happens...and it was solved, easily like that. So Gaz and Zack both said it was shit (not why or how) and given your strong stance against Dash's situation a month ago despite not being involved in that yourself...I found it all ironic, if you can't understand that okay but it is very similar. I had no idea what happened because I wasn't there, yet you as well had no idea on that stuff and assumed all these things and raged.

I found it ironic you would be in a situation that was in the first minute described as shit, so I left that chat to talk to you myself because to be honest that annoyed me a lot. And honestly, if I don't say anything like last month, you get mad anyways so I might as well get it all out instead of holding it in and raging a whole bunch like so many others and you have in the past. Was it wrong to assume without getting all the details? Sure. But it wasn't me buying one out of the three, in the first minute I heard enough like Gaz saying he didn't wanna deal with title shit anymore because they're always so shit. So I wanted to get that shit solved because honestly I am sick of there being issues in title matches, people just need to have fun and be done with it. But if you do something you know is shit, and still do it anyways...that makes no sense to me. You may think it does, but personally I don't see how you can knowingly know that it's a shit thing and still do it?

I brought up the Money in The Bank because unlike everyone else in that match who had talked about maybe dropping, you were for sure dropping Madison Eagles yet you won that match anyways defying the logic nobody understood at that time. It's great you decided against it and have done so well now even getting her in a stable, but you were the only one who went in that match 100% dropping. That is why it confused everyone when you won, so I brought that up because it was another example of you doing something and thinking the opposite.

So while you were talking to them I wasn't talking to them, I sent what I said at first to them but that's it, I was trying to get this situation solved so nobody felt as shit as they seemed to from title matches. Title matches are supposed to be fun and examples of the league and what we stand for so I hate the idea that so many have issues.

See though all of that is the past, if you're talking about the Adam thing even Shuggz said recently that I am WAY better than I used to be. I legitimately try to get the best experience for people, maybe I don't go about it in the best way, hell I don't. But I'm trying to make it so people whether it's admins or members don't damn title matches or anything to do with an opportunity because of a bad experience. People need to get less caught up with winning this and that and more on just having fun, and chilling out. All in all this situation like many was a miscommunication but the thing that does still stand is you knowing something was bleh and doing it anyways. I don't see how that helps at all. Even if you offer a redo, why do it in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Moontan
Mid Card
Moontan

PostSubject: Re: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 12:05 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Suntan wrote:
On a side note
Spoiler:
 y
Please leave the league

Don't tell me how to live my life  afro
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 12:28 pm

No idea what Shuggz has said, but I was more referring to things like just about everyone in the league getting messages from more than one admin about how you had planned out a title match to be between three admins like 6 months in advance.

I remember in one of the surveys a lot of people complained about how the second MITB was pointless and complained how you were handing yourself the Mainevent at FS, which you did anyway, which well isn't abusing power, but clearly people felt you shouldn't of done it.

I know that less recently there were complaints about you refusing to do rematches the next month because you won *** fair and square. Despite that being what you agreed to do.

I know that you didn't want me in the Miss MITB because you knew I'd win it, you even told me that yourself, and the same had happened to other members too.

Things like you winning the Diva's title in a tag match with a glitched pin earlier this year then by all accounts of the other people in the match refusing to redo the match. If you're going to have a go at me for having a poor yet fair match, then what do you call that?
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 12:41 pm

Bang wrote:
No idea what Shuggz has said, but I was more referring to things like just about everyone in the league getting messages from more than one admin about how you had planned out a title match to be between three admins like 6 months in advance.

I remember in one of the surveys a lot of people complained about how the second MITB was pointless and complained how you were handing yourself the Mainevent at FS, which you did anyway, which well isn't abusing power, but clearly people felt you shouldn't of done it.

I know that less recently there were complaints about you refusing to do rematches the next month because you won *** fair and square. Despite that being what you agreed to do.

I know that you didn't want me in the Miss MITB because you knew I'd win it, you even told me that yourself, and the same had happened to other members too.

Things like you winning the Diva's title in a tag match with a glitched pin earlier this year then by all accounts of the other people in the match refusing to redo the match. If you're going to have a go at me for having a poor yet fair match, then what do you call that?

We don't ever plan shit six month's in advance....again it's a case of people believing what they wanna believe instead of the truth. Often people say something, and they take it as fact, when it's more of a comment, nothing ever comes from it. It's what we'd like to happen, but not what is set in stone or in motion to happen. No one is having a go at you, I mentioned one thing, I could have brought up other stuff like some things you know you have been a huge issue in but I didn't this wasn't for that. This thread has sort of taken on a life of it's own so people can let their opinions out but at the end of the day people just need to take a chill people too.

To be fair, I didn't want in that Money in The Bank but others pitched me, I thought I had no chance of winning and then won (I mean I wanted to win but I didn't think I would because that typically doesn't happen for me) Ted had never had a Main-Event at FS, I promo'd consistently before and after so I don't find that wrong. It made sense for Ted to cash in on the Main-Event since he had never been put in it normally.

If there's a set rematch it'll happen, no one can refuse to do a rematch and I know I didn't.

We wanted someone new to win Miss Money in The Bank, is that so bad? You could get a normal title shot save it for some member that hasn't won it the last 3 years as you now have...people complain NONSTOP about people getting this all the time, so we just wanted ideally some member that didn't possibly go on to have won the thing the last 3 damn years.

It wasn't a glitched pin, targeting fucked up them breaking the pin. Was it shit? Sure, but to me considering Gregg said he was gonna be dropping the belt that match apparently anyways after the fact...I don't see it as a huge issue. When it happened to me before the match wasn't redone and I didn't push it to be so I guess that's a reason why we're getting better over time because things that passed in the past are not standing now. Do I regret it? Sure, because I've never heard the end of it, but what's done is done.

I know I'm not perfect, none of us are, I didn't bring that up to have a go at you. I brought it up because it was relevant to an issue like yesterday. No point in repeating the same thing we are, just squash the shit, all of us not just us...and quit being bitter, all of us. If you have an issue with someone and this goes to everyone, but you especially. Bring it up to the person, so that it can be worked out. Often you hold it in and then it turns into something bigger than it ever needed to be. So to you and anyone else, have an issue, not like something, talk about it with the person so it doesn't fester.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm all for sorting out your issues and everything, but it's really annoying that my new XWL login cycle seems to involve being welcomed by a giant unread thread of issues and arguments each time lately...

I'm not sure when everything became super serious but it's really annoying and unpleasant to see every time I come on this site.  I can't imagine how bad it must be for the newer members.

It seems like the whole point of XWL has been forgotten and if you'd take a couple of minutes (well, more like an hour or so given how long it is) to read through this thread in it's entirety it's quite ridiculous.  

But please, continue... it seems to be the favourite thing for you guys to do these days.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:57 pm

SinAndBonez wrote:
I'm all for sorting out your issues and everything, but it's really annoying that my new XWL login cycle seems to involve being welcomed by a giant unread thread of issues and arguments each time lately...

I'm not sure when everything became super serious but it's really annoying and unpleasant to see every time I come on this site.  I can't imagine how bad it must be for the newer members.

It seems like the whole point of XWL has been forgotten and if you'd take a couple of minutes (well, more like an hour or so given how long it is) to read through this thread in it's entirety it's quite ridiculous.  

But please, continue... it seems to be the favourite thing for you guys to do these days.

If people need to vent and it'll stop people from believing everything they hear at first and become less bitter/jaded over certain things then I don't see why it's an issue. Better to work shit out however it can since they apparently can't be done privately and can only be done in threads like this.

Nothing is super serious, people just hold shit in, don't let it out and it becomes this, simple. No one says you have to read it, it's better than issues still being how they are, and nothing coming to light like this thread has sort of done. Would it be nice if it was done privately? Sure, but however it happens is all that matters.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:51 pm

I would never argue with you, Red. <3

and not just because of how much you scare me Sad
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:34 pm

If you mother fuckers put this much effort into writing your promos there wouldn't be any problems smh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL: Why can't we be friends?   XWL: Why can't we be friends? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL: Why can't we be friends?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3