Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Intercontinental Championship Update

Go down 
+8
Plus
P1
P.R Son
TheFilthParade
Adam
Sex Ferguson
TheKrzyOne
Bang
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

Intercontinental Championship Update Empty
PostSubject: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:27 pm

Following the outcome or lack of outcome of the Intercontinental championship the admin team has decided to clear a few things up. In case anyone is unaware of what transpired let me inform you:

The match between Zack Ryder and Seth Rollins was done on Wednesday(or Tuesday, can't remember which one, either way the match was done), and Pats won the match fairly.

Then come the time of posting the match nobody had heard from Pats or Plus(who had told us he was dropping Ryder before) so the match went unposted. This is where in my opinion we failed to handle the situation properly.

Normally if a match isn't posted then it would be considered not done, whoever due to us knowing the match happened and it being for the IC championship we gave Pats the IC title as Seth Rollins. With that said we were less than impressed with the lack of match being posted.

So for Pats...

Intercontinental Championship Update Tumblr_n3lj08rkXQ1saykaxo2_250

During a lengthy discussion between admins we decided it was best to consider the Ryder vs Rollins match as incomplete therefore XWL does not recognize Seth Rollins as IC champion and the title will remain vacated as it was during Final Stand VI, hopefully this serves as a warning to everyone else who receives a title shot in the future. We expect fair play and the match to actually be posted.

Now then, what is to happen with the Intercontinental championship?

As we previously agreed Sheamus will STILL be receiving a shot at the title at Dead Man's Hand, but he needs an opponent. Currently we don't see any stand out challengers so what we as admins will be doing is deciding his opponent in the following weeks based on activity, everybody is eligible so make sure you promo, do your matches, play fairly and post the results and maybe it could be you who gets a shot at our next PPV.

Good luck to you all.

Bang xo
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Bang wrote:
based on activity, everybody is eligible so make sure you promo, do your matches, play fairly and post the results and maybe it could be you who gets a shot at our next PPV.
t2b

Bang wrote:
Currently we don't see any stand out challengers
okay well f y'all
Back to top Go down
Sex Ferguson
Mid Card
Sex Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:02 pm

Wow... That's crap.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Oreo wrote:
Wow... That's crap.

Intercontinental Championship Update MpIqAlg
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Oreo wrote:
Wow... That's crap.

I know.. imagine not posting your match.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Oreo wrote:
Wow... That's crap.

So is not putting the slightest bit of effort into post the result of a championship match, Pats only has himself to blame, despite him trying to blame others.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Bang wrote:
Oreo wrote:
Wow... That's crap.

Or if he left while he was champ.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Bang wrote:
Oreo wrote:
Wow... That's crap.

Hey leave Dashing out of this.
Back to top Go down
Sex Ferguson
Mid Card
Sex Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:16 pm

So what if I left while I was a champion? That's in the past. This isn't even about me.

Pats makes one mistake and he gets the title taken from him? Everyone makes mistakes. Why not just give him a warning instead of jumping straight to punishment?
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:18 pm

Oreo wrote:
So what if I left while I was a champion? That's in the past. This isn't even about me.

Pats makes one mistake and he gets the title taken from him? Everyone makes mistakes. Why not just give him a warning instead of jumping straight to punishment?

It's not even that, He not only didn't post the match he had all week to do something for, he then played it off like it didn't even matter, and even tried to blame Bang.

If he doesn't want to put in the slightest bit of effort, he doesn't deserve it, simple.
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:24 pm

poor Pats Sad

Ryback v. Sheamus for Dead Mans Hand tbh!!! :p
Back to top Go down
Plus
Mid Card
Plus

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:30 pm

I spoke to a mod about this as well over xbox, pats recorded the match and he won the match by beating me [well he destroyed me lol] since he recorded the match I assumed he would post the result, so if I am at fault here, I am deeply sorry.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:32 pm

Plus wrote:
I spoke to a mod about this as well over xbox, pats recorded the match and he won the match by beating me [well he destroyed me lol] since he recorded the match I assumed he would post the result, so if I am at fault here, I am deeply sorry.

Wasn't your fault, and Pats didn't record it. We were all under the impression there was a write-up being done, after Pats told me there was one.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Plus wrote:

You're not at fault, Pats can't even record, and worse he said Bang recorded it, when he knows full and well that Bang can't and didn't. At the end of the day it's up to the winner to make sure a result goes up, if he sees that something isn't going to happen it's his responsibility to get something up. Even if he thought Bang recorded did he think Bang would type his celebration up too? If he didn't put effort into making sure his big title win result went up, then that pretty much sets the tone for his reign right there.

I've been no doubt Pat's hugest supporter, I've believed that he could get better, that he would one day silence the critics he's had over the years but honestly it's like I told him last night he deserves all the flack he gets for this. Even a new person knows a result has to go up, especially if it's a title match, yet Pats the person that wanted to win a title more than anything for the longest time, finally does, and doesn't even put the simplest of effort in posting/typing the result and some sort of a celebration.
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:40 pm

Seth Rollins wins via Fade to Black.

^^

That took five seconds and sadly would be accepted as the result to the match. Write ups and recordings aren't always needed, if you're strapped for time just do the ol' one liner. People can't say owt, everyone has done them at one point or another.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Shuggz wrote:
Seth Rollins wins via Fade to Black.

^^

That took five seconds and sadly would be accepted as the result to the match. Write ups and recordings aren't always needed, if you're strapped for time just do the ol' one liner. People can't say owt, everyone has done them at one point or another.

Exactly. If he didn't have time to do a celebration/write up he could have done that, made sure someone posted, and we wouldn't have done jack about it. But he didn't even do that, to this very minute there is no Main-Event posted on last week's Breakdown.
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Pats, man, what are you doing? As much as you're my bud I agree with what Shuggz said, granted I'm no longer active so what I say should hold little to no weight. Just giving my take on it. It takes anywhere from 5 seconds to a week to post match results depending on what route your go (one-liner, mini-write up, video, write up).
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:24 pm

I agree with Shuggz and the majority. Sure some could construe us vacating it off of pats as going too far, but for a while now everyone's known that we've came up with the new policy for activeness that includes champions now. Given what comes with being a champion we not only expect you to be active, but, openly talk to us if you have to if something ever comes up where you can't do something.

Simply acknowledging that you've got it covered, and then not posting one single thing at all, isn't cool. Everybody knows that when a match is done somebody has to post the results. Whether you win or lose. Champions aren't excempt from this. Like it's been mentioned, one to two lines tops, no problems. Nothing at all? That's a bit of a problem. Hope you all can see where we're coming from on this.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Adam
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:26 pm

#freepats2014
Back to top Go down
DashingDJUrie
Mid Card
DashingDJUrie

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:30 pm

ThatGuy wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
Bang wrote:
Oreo wrote:
Wow... That's crap.

At least there was a write-up and I explained why I was out in a promo. That counts for something, right? . . . RIGHT!?

Thnx Krzy, thnx 4 believing. #Secondchance
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:31 pm

DashingDJUrie wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
Bang wrote:
Oreo wrote:
Wow... That's crap.

At least there was a write-up and I explained why I was out in a promo. That counts for something, right? . . . RIGHT!?

Thnx Krzy, thnx 4 believing. #Secondchance

I'm just messing with you, you know we lub you <3
Back to top Go down
Plus
Mid Card
Plus

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 6:25 pm

Well I am happy this is cleared up and I am not in the firing line here lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intercontinental Championship Update   Intercontinental Championship Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intercontinental Championship Update
Page 1 of 1