Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam
Upper Mid Card

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition Empty
PostSubject: XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition   XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:40 pm

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition JaWcPTk

*Backstage we see a black and white shot of Brad Maddox's entrance jacket before his big match against Mark Henry as we can hear him speaking.*

[Brad Maddox] Carson, are you getting the black and white shot?!

[Carson] Yup.

[Brad Maddox] Great, that's enough..

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition TGN1yil

[Brad Maddox] They're about to do one of those things where I walk down the hallway leading up to my match and the commentators talk about how great I am, get ready, this is the money shot.

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition 70bkzGq

[Jerry Lawler] Ladies and Gentlemen, here we see a dead man walking.

[Jim Ross] I hear ya' King.

[Michael Cole] I'm not usually one to agree with you two but uhm.. you're right.

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition NXJuUt9

[Jim Ross] Up next, this youngster Brad Maddox is in for the fight of his life against Mark Henry for a shot at an XWL contract, this is not one you wanna miss!

*Once the scene is finished we go back to Carson's recording.*

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition RBOXk7i

[Brad Maddox] How awesome was that?!!? Alright, alright.. Need to focus now, I'm about to head through the curtain to the gorilla position before my match. This is it Carson, this is what we've been building to. When I come back through this curtain I'm going to be an XWL Superstar!!

*Brad opens the curtain about to walk through when suddenly he's interrupted.*

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition DDadRzT

[???]
Brad Maddox!

*Maddox turns around, startled to see the grinning Bad News Barrett approaching.  Carson - who conveniently has a mic among his camera equipment - holds it up to pick up Wade's speech.  Barrett's face quickly becomes one etched with seriousness as he delivers what has become his signature line.*

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition NZANpaI

[Wade Barrett]
I'm afraid I've got some bad news!  As if a scrawny little toerag like you didn't have enough of a mountain to climb going up against one of the strongest men to ever walk this planet, Stephanie McMahon just announced that your match is now No Disqualification!

*Maddox is clearly taken aback by the announcement and gulps, his eyes wide with fear.*

[Wade Barrett]
What that means is not only do you have to face the behemoth known as Mark Henry and his unmatched strength, but he can use whatever he can get his hands on to maim and break you.  Brad, I think it's safe to say that tonight will be the end of your career in XWL before it has even begun.  Hahahahaha!  

*Barrett chuckles as he begins to walk away. The camera now pans to the arena cam as the fans begin to boo as Brad Maddox walks into the stage for his match against Mark Henry, his one and only shot at an XWL contract.*

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition TDwMHq4

*He opens up his jacket and poses looking cocky but the smirk he has on his face is quickly wiped away at the sound of sirens fills the arena..*

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition BSILeh3

*Brad gulps and slowly looks over to his left and notices an ambulance being driven out to the arena. The fans start to cheer but Brad doesn't look too happy as he yells out "you think this is funny?!", he begins to slowly walk down the ramp now with shattered confidence.*

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition WgtWsmA

*It's like the realization for Brad has finally kicked in, he now knows what he's in store for. He rolls into the ring looking out at the fans with a nervous look on his face and takes off his entrance jacket and looks at the stage awaiting the arrival of his opponent; Mark Henry.*

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition ADTYLMV

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition Vgc5fh5

*Henry gets a great reaction from the crowd as he instantly walks through the curtain with his back covering the whole camera, he glares towards the ring down at a concerned Brad.*

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition ALwAHVu

*Henry lets out a primal yell before walking down the ramp with a purpose and gets into the ring and takes off his T-Shirt looking ready to go but as the bell is rung Brad notices something on the ramp, as does the fans.*

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition Fi8HLc1

Medics with a stretcher are seen walking down the ramp as Henry smirks at Brad's reaction of shock in the ring.

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition HSdwWnx

Brad shakes his head in horror, Henry approaches Brad to lock up but Brad ducks it and rolls out of the ring looking over at the stretcher.

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition 0iohdCb

He turns back to the announcers and says "get the ambulance and stretcher out of here, it's not funny!" The fans begin to start a loud chant of "Henry's gonna kill you!" over and over as Brad covers his ears walking around ringside not wanting to get into the ring. Mark Henry is seen sitting on the middle rope holding it inviting Brad into the ring.

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition BWtCW96

Brad looks unsure and tells the referee to move Henry back before sliding into the ring and waiting in the corner looking at Henry with a thousand thoughts running through his mind.

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition 0izWFvx

Brad walks right to the center of the ring and slaps Henry right across the face which is obviously not his smartest move. Henry holds his cheek and then a smirk comes across his face as he takes Brad by the head and drops him with a huge headbutt. Maddox looks down and out already as Henry picks him back up and flings him into the corner. Henry puts his finger up to his mouth shushing the crowd waiting for them to go silent before he slaps Brad right across the chest with an echoing sound throughout the arena. Brad falls to his knees clutching his chest as you can see a hand shaped welt form on his chest. He tries to cover up his chest but Henry puts him in the corner and does it a second time and it's even louder! Brad is gasping for air after having the wind knocked out of him from the chops, Henry sets Brad up for a third one but as he brings his arm back Brad sneakily stomps on Henry's foot and then pokes him in the eye!  

Brad crawls between Henry's legs to get to the other side and regain his composure but as he's crouched down holding his chest he doesn't notice Mark Henry running across the ring squashing him with a huge splash in the corner! Brad flops to the ground face first. He slowly crawls to the corner as Henry follows up. Henry takes Brad's legs in the corner and Brad holds onto the ropes not wanting anything to do with him, Henry showcases his strength as he pulls Brad up by the legs slamming him back down on the mat. Henry waits for him to get up and goes for a short clothesline but Brad ducks it! He runs across the ring at full force and back using the ropes and jumps for a cross body on Henry but he just hits off Mark and falls down to the ground not moving him an inch. Brad slowly gets to his feet and turns around into a huge big boot from Henry sending him over the top rope and out of the ring.

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition Kcpiwmk

Brad looks as if he's had enough as he waves Henry off and crawls over to the barricade, he slowly but surely climbs over it before collapsing over to the other side. He gets up to his feet and starts to limp his way through the crowd but Henry's not going to let him get away that easy. Henry follows him through the crowd grabbing him by the hair and leading him through the crowd, he picks him up for a scoop slam and then drops him down on the hard concrete as the fans cheer. Henry brings him over through the side entrance to where the ambulance is, he mocks Brad saying "you wanna go in?!" before Irish whipping him into the side of it. Brad falls and makes his way to the doors at the back and lays waiting for Henry to walk over and once he does Brad swings the door open knocking Henry right in the head with it! Henry falls down to a knee from the force of the door as Brad runs over to the front of the ambulance climbing up it, he's standing on top of the ambulance now looking down at Henry!

Brad takes a deep breath before jumping off the ambulance trying to bring Henry down but he's caught! Henry catches him in mid air in a shocking feat of strength and as he has Brad in his grasp he runs forward with him slamming him back first into the ambulance yet again. Mark yells out at the top of his lungs "that's what I do!!" before pounding his chest as the fans cheer. He takes Brad by the hair and flings him onto the ramp as Brad rolls down like a ragdoll. Henry pats the stretcher at ringside and says "you're gonna need this real soon.." Henry turns around only to be low blowed with a kick by Maddox! The fans boo as Henry falls back down to his knees, Brad tries his best to get out of harms way as he takes a breather at the barricade near the timekeepers table. Brad grabs the ring bell waiting for Henry to approach him. He makes his way over to Brad and takes a handful of hair and Brad goes to swing the ring bell at him but Henry grabs his arm with his other hand. Brad gasps as Henry wags his finger throwing the ring bell down as he picks Brad up for a World's Strongest Slam but drives him through the barricade!!

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition PQzFNt8

Henry gets up first after squashing Maddox, he makes his way over to the announcers table as the fans are going nuts for him. He picks up a headset and says "If I were you I'd step back from this table, it's about to get real ugly, playtime's over." And just like that he throws down the headset as JR, King and Cole scatter away from the announcers table. Henry clears off the cover of the table, taking his time as he unplugs the monitors and throws them down setting up the table for destruction. Brad is seen slowly getting to his feet as Henry goes towards him but Brad tries to make his way through the crowd but the fans are blocking his way! They purposely stand in front of Brad not letting him pass as he turns around right into another slap to the chest from Henry making the red welts on his chest even bigger. He picks up Brad and then drives him through the announcers table with a World's Strongest Slam as Henry gets up to his feet and raises his arms in the air. He carries a lifeless Brad over to the ring and rolls him in, Henry climbs in too and covers..

1!

2!!

Henry picks Brad's shoulder up! Henry motions that he's not finished yet as he puts his finger up motioning for one more World's Strongest Slam as the fans begin to break out into huge "one more time!" chants. The referee checks on Brad who is still down and out in agony.

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition 98KBvF9

Henry walks over to Maddox and picks him up as he lifts Brad up for the final nail in the coffin in the form of a World's Strongest Slam but as he has him in the air Brad gouges Henry's eyes! Henry is forced to let go as he's blinded, Brad rolls over to the turnbuckle and starts to rip off the middle turnbuckle in a panic. Henry looks back in regular form now as he storms over to Maddox looking furious but Maddox drop toe holds him right into the exposed middle turnbuckle! Henry falls back and he's out cold! Maddox rolls Henry up and puts his feet up on the top turnbuckle for maximum leverage!!

1!

2!!

3!!!!

*The fans go into absolute shock as Brad Maddox literally steals the victory and an XWL contract! He lays on the mat too exhausted to stand up as his planned confetti and balloons begin to fall throughout the arena in celebration. He gets up to his knees as the EMT's that brought out the stretcher for him check on an unconscious Mark Henry. Brad looks shocked as he finally comes to and notices that he actually won the match, he throws his arms in the air and rolls out of the ring doing a slow running lap of the ringside area while in agony. He yells "catch me!" to a section of the fans and jumps towards them over the barrier in celebration as they mainly move back causing him to land on the chairs. He crawls back over the barrier and asks for a microphone. Brad rolls into the ring with a microphone in hand holding a balloon that fell from the ceiling, he waits for his music to die out and begins to speak.*

[Brad Maddox] I.. I.. I DID IT!!!

*Brad raises his arms in triumph as the fans boo, he breathes heavily still in pain from getting his ass handed to him for 20 minutes.*

[Brad Maddox] I told you, each and every one of you that I was going to beat Mark Henry and that I was going to become an XWL SUPERSTAR!!

*The fans cheer as XWL Chairman Vince McMahon walks onto the stage, shocked but impressed with the fact that Brad Maddox actually managed to pull out a victory over the World's Strongest Man.*

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition JUW9gKF

[Vince McMahon] Well, Brad.. I've got to hand it to you kid, you did it. You defeated Mark Henry live on Pay Per View.

[Brad Maddox] You're damn right I did it! I knew I was going to do it, you're all looking at the next XWL World Heavyweight Champion-

[Vince McMahon] Whoa now, don't get ahead of yourself there Brad.. Remember that talk we had on Breakdown last month where I said if you defeated Mark Henry, you'd get an XWL contract? Well, I didn't say you'd be getting a contract as an XWL superstar..

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition RqRtR6a

*Brad's jaw drops as a sly smirk comes across the face of Vince.*

[Vince McMahon] Ladies and Gentlemen! Everybody please give a big round of applause to Brad Maddox! For he is XWL's newest... referee!!

*Brad's eyes widen at the McMahon's tricking him, he yells out "WHAT?!" and throws his microphone down in frustration. The fans begin to cheer Vince as Brad throws a tantrum in the ring.*

[Vince McMahon] Make sure to show up nice and early for BreakDown, Brad, we need to get you trained and into a striped shirt as soon as possible!

*Vince does his signature walk back through the curtain as the fans begin to laugh at Brad, a furious Brad rolls out of the ring kicking over the stretcher at ringside storming up the ramp not looking pleased at getting double crossed by Vince McMahon.*
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition Empty
PostSubject: Re: XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition   XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 1:35 am

better late than never but it was worth the wait
nice pre-match promo w/ wade
nice match write up
nice twist
nice sig
Back to top Go down

XWL Uprising: Brad Maddox vs Mark Henry, week late edition
Page 1 of 1