Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?

Go down 
+4
P1
Kyle
Dash
P.R Son
8 posters
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Empty
PostSubject: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Movesets are an important thing when it comes to matches in the game, but what moves can be used as come into debate. Movesets are generally based off what the superstar actually does but what we want to know are finishing moves? Should a finishing move be something the superstar as actually used as a finishing move or could it be any move that superstar has used during a match?
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:42 pm

I think it should be something that a superstar has finished a match with on more than once occasion, or at the very least, a move they're known for using on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Dash wrote:
I think it should be something that a superstar has finished a match with on more than once occasion, or at the very least, a move they're known for using on a regular basis.
This. To a T. That's what I've always considered a finisher. Yes, it could mean that some really weird moves are finishes but, hey it happened IRL to a point. So I think that should be applied here. Either way that's my stance on things.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:59 pm

Dash wrote:

I wouldn't mind allowing people to use signatures (well known moves they do) as finishers, could bring them a bit of variety but regardless I'm fine with whatever, it would be cool to allow that bit of customization though.
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Well with the 3 finisher rule the match doesn't end on the first finisher. So if you're someone who has a move that you want to have look strong, like The Ryback's Shell Shocked or Big Show's KO Punch having a signature move that they used as a finisher would make sense if you use it as your first two finishers, then finish them off with your real one. That way people aren't kicking out of a move that you want to look strong.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:19 pm

The P1 wrote:
Well with the 3 finisher rule the match doesn't end on the first finisher. So if you're someone who has a move that you want to have look strong, like The Ryback's Shell Shocked or Big Show's KO Punch having a signature move that they used as a finisher would make sense if you use it as your first two finishers, then finish them off with your real one. That way people aren't kicking out of a move that you want to look strong.

Plus Ryback's Meat Hook would be a cool alternate finisher anyways.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:53 pm

I think it depends on what move it is really, there's a difference between Ryback winning off his clothesline to CM Punk winning from Running Knee/Bulldog combo, despite both being moves both do on a regular basis.

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Bang wrote:
I think it depends on what move it is really, there's a difference between Ryback winning off his clothesline to CM Punk winning from Running Knee/Bulldog combo, despite both being moves both do on a regular basis.

Though to be fair a good knee shot, especially how Punk does it is bound to hurt like a mother.
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:59 pm

Well doesn't everyone have their fins and sigs on the fins and sigs list? If there are any problems with anyone's then you can find them there right?
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:01 pm

The P1 wrote:
Well doesn't everyone have their fins and sigs on the fins and sigs list? If there are any problems with anyone's then you can find them there right?

The matter is more of what should be allowed and what shouldn't be. That way it's a guideline everyone can follow, and so people know what they can use. Like if they could use a more known signature their character has as another finisher and such.
Back to top Go down
Moontan
Mid Card
Moontan

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:24 pm

Thats kinda how i have it as big e. The splash as one finisher and then use the big ending as the 3rd
Back to top Go down
Holybatman96
Jobber
Holybatman96

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:02 pm

I say just any finishers they've ever done or any signatures they've ever done.
Back to top Go down
Alveuss
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:24 am

I don't think there can be a fixed rule for this. I mean the whole "as long as they've used it as a finisher in the past" sort of thing I think most of us are fine with but when it comes to having signatures or other moves the superstar is known to use,I think that comes down to the superstar itself. I think the best way to go about that is to have someone message a moderator about that specific superstar and move and let them discuss it. I mean it's all well and good having Ryback win off if the meathook but when was the last time Kane looked like putting anyone away with the diving clothesline?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?   What should be allowed to be a finisher in game? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What should be allowed to be a finisher in game?
Page 1 of 1