Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Survey Idea List!!

Go down 
+7
Austin
RJ Smith
TheKrzyOne
Dash
Stay✔
P.R Son
P1
11 posters
AuthorMessage
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

XWL Survey Idea List!! Empty
PostSubject: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:55 am

So here's the list of all the ideas from the survey. Basically just respond for now with all the numbers which you agree with (if you want to say why, feel free). Then put the 3 numbers which you feel the most strongly about in bold. Hopefully from there we can narrow down which ones should be discussed.
Thanks!

I, ____ Believe that…

1. Bringing Back the X-Treme Title
2. Bringing back the PPV Awards.
3. Introducing Match Game Play Reviews, After a Match is Completed Both Competitors Sends a PM to an Admin Rating How Much Fun They Had During The Match (Lets Everyone Know How People Thing They Play, Lets the Admins Know Who Doesn’t Play Fair and Who Gets Their Matches Done)
4. Introducing “Raw Active” Matches on Breakdown, and Having the League Vote on a Name for it
5. Having More Reviews
6. Introducing a Round Robin Tournament Like G1 Climax
7. Have More Moderators (Make the Admins Work for Their Spot)
8. Making Matches Matter (Maybe Do a BFG Series to Kick-Start This?)
9. Having More Multi-Contender Title Matches (Triple Threats, Fatal Four Ways, ect.)
10. Changing the Site Chat to XAT or Make an XWL Group Chat for All the Members on Skype
11. Splitting the Superstars into Rankings (Have the IC Title be for Main Eventers/Upper-Mid Carders not in the World Title picture, the US Title for the Actual Mid-Carders, While the Top 3-5 Superstars in the League Go in the World Rankings)
12. Creating a Just for Fun 24/7 XWL Community Title
13. Having the Admins Pick One Feud and One Superstar and Have the Members Vote Out of the Two for the PPV Poster.
14. Introducing a Member and Superstar of the Week
15. Having A Short Blurb Hyping up the Top Matches on the Card
16. Having Feuds be Turned into Contender Matches
17. Changing the 3 Finisher Rule
18. Bringing Back the Newsletter
19. Introducing a Tag Team Tournament
20. Introducing More Non-PPV Special Events
21. NXT for CAWS
22. Old School Breakdown
23. XWL Royal Rumble

… Will Make XWL More Enjoyable For Me.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:29 am

3. Introducing Match Game Play Reviews, After a Match is Completed Both Competitors Sends a PM to an Admin Rating How Much Fun They Had During The Match (Lets Everyone Know How People Thing They Play, Lets the Admins Know Who Doesn’t Play Fair and Who Gets Their Matches Done)

Honestly think this idea has potential, it's a nice way of getting both sides, seeing how things went, how people can improve, and because it'd be done for all matches, it wouldn't make someone think that they were being singled out for questioning how they play. This should seriously get discussed, could help narrow out ways to improve overall matches experiences.

4. Introducing “Raw Active” Matches on Breakdown, and Having the League Vote on a Name for it

LOVE this idea, totally should do it.

10. Changing the Site Chat to XAT or Make an XWL Group Chat for All the Members on Skype

Not really sure, I get the Skype thing, guess it depends on how majority feel.

Providing people don't take this too seriously, I'm all for it.

We actually discussed maybe doing this for just Pay-Per-Views again, would make them more special of course, and stick out even more from regular shows.

What would we change it to though? I understand wanting change, but what do we have follow in it's place?

We did quite a few of those last year, only so many events we can really do though, of course we're always open to ideas.

Back to top Go down
Stay✔
Mid Card
Stay✔

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:40 am

I'm so bored, I'm going to comment on all of it actually. These are all good ideas btw, just commenting:

- Lol I was actually kidding when I wrote this. Just no. If the admins couldn't find contenders for the IC and US without posting that thread and actually having to see who was making an effort after it was posted, then I doubt they'll find a contender for the this title.

- I'm all for this, I actually love the PPV Awards.

- This could be done, I thought of it in my head before but then realize people might feel a way if they lost a match and may rate their opponent badly. Some people kinda take losing too hard. The only fair way would be having a third party watch the match and comment but even that could have bias.

- Yeah I actually love this idea.

5. Having More Reviews
- I would like this too, members only acknowledge some promos and not others but reviews can take time as seen before.

- I have no idea what this is.

- Nah. The admins know what they need to do.

- I think matches matter enough to some extent, but maybe a tournament like the BFG once a year, 

9. Having More Multi-Contender Title Matches (Triple Threats, Fatal Four Ways, ect.)
- Yeah, but no so often, we don't want the title playing hot potato, can we have a solid reign plszzzzz.

- If Skype notifications could be muted, then sure.

11. Splitting the Superstars into Rankings (Have the IC Title be for Main Eventers/Upper-Mid Carders not in the World Title picture, the US Title for the Actual Mid-Carders, While the Top 3-5 Superstars in the League Go in the World Rankings)
- I think it's fine the way it is now but good idea.

- Could be fun, seems like no one plays online with each other anymore though.

13. Having the Admins Pick One Feud and One Superstar and Have the Members Vote Out of the Two for the PPV Poster.
- I like the way it is now, I don't need an explanation for who is on the poster most times but members voting once in a while wouldn't hurt.

- I'd say Superstar/Diva of the week, or just Power Rankings, but how would the member of the week be picked?

- I think they had this for PPVs already, I think they'll start doing it again, whenever they do.

- I think it's almost like that, people get rewarded after nice feuds. The contender match would obviously have to be the end of the feud so they can build the title match, unless they find a way to implement the feud into that but we wouldn't want the feud to overshadow the championship.

- No.

- Yes! Yes! Krzy pls.

- Nah, I rather not  Razz Bellas would obviously use twin magic to win.

- Yeah I think 2013 had a decent amount of these, would like to see more tbh.

21. NXT for CAWS
- Jacob Cass ftw? But tell me how you would make it work because I have no idea.

22. Old School Breakdown
- We kinda have old school superstars already but I guess a special edition could work.

23. XWL Royal Rumble
- I can't see how it could work.

But yeah bolded the ones I like the best, thanks for doing this thread.  peace
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 5:15 am

As much as I like the idea of having a championship which is defended every week, I really don't think it'll work out too well here. I wasn't here during the last run of the X-Treme Title, but I'll agree with Stay in that I think it would be difficult to find contenders for the championship.

I love this, but you can't really force people to do something that they don't want to, and if you do end up having to beg and badger them, then it's obvious that they don't really care enough about it, so for now I'd say it's probably best to let this rest.

I can see how this could be useful since some people think they can do no wrong and don't even realise how bad they might be playing, but then like Stay said again, you do have people who take winning incredibly seriously and might lie about the match just to feel better about themselves. I think the only way to really do this would be to have an unbiased third party watching the match and have them report on it afterwards.

I'm obviously biased considering I asked for this in my survey. I like the idea of members having some input on the card with a poll like RAW Active for a match.

5. Having More Reviews
There really isn't anyone on the site who wouldn't want more reviews, but it's easier said than done. An in depth review of every promo would take hours, plus there are people who don't read every single promo, and then there's the fact that no one ever returns the favour when someone reviews their promo. I think I'll stick to complementing people over skype.

I like the idea, but I feel like it would take way too much time.

I don't see the point. Having more admins works, why change it?

I'm not entirely supportive of a BFG series. The whole thing could be broken if someone were to disappear or switch their character in the middle of the series. But as for making matches matter, I'm all for that as long as everyone doesn't become a try hard.

Once in a while, this could be a cool thing, but not too often.

Please for the love of god never bring a XAT to this site. XAT doesn't solve problems, it only causes more, trust me. As for the XWL Group chat on skype, we had one of those before but everyone just started leaving it and the activity deteriorated. I don't think there's as much interest for a community chat as people make seem there is.

It's a nice thought, but I don't find myself agreeing with it.

I've done things like this before and it's always fun, but only really in a community driven league. And every time we've ever had something like this implemented, arguments have just broken out over it. Like people would be breaking up finishers in multiman matches just to avoid losing the match and the title. People forgot that it was JUST FOR FUN, and I feel like that would probably happen here too.

I like the idea of having a poll to vote for who should be on the poster once in a while, but honestly when they did post a poll the last time, we all ended up voting for the person they were going to put on the poster anyway.

This could work, I like it.

It makes matches mean more than they already do and gives people a summary of what went on to lead into that match, it's a good idea, but isn't this basically what people do in the commentary for their match?

This has happened before, although it is rare, it has happened. I like the idea, but then like Stay mentioned, it should only be at the end of their feud so that the title doesn't get overshadowed.

Just no. I love playing matches on XWL and this is one of the biggest reasons as to why.

I've always liked the news letter, but how many times are we going to try and resurrect it? If members cared as much for this as they make out that they do, they wouldn't mind contributing to it rather than let Krzy do everything.

With all our sexy tag teams? lol

Always fun to have a themed show, I'd like to see more of them.

21. NXT for CAWS
Doesn't really interest me.

22. Old School Breakdown
This just seems like a pointless idea to me. This is a league where you can pick up anyone you want to, it isn't going to be special to bring anyone back.

23. XWL Royal Rumble
I like XWL for its originality, Rumble isn't original.

Just something extra I wanted to add on to here. Around a month ago, maybe a little longer, you started doing a backstage fallout with each superstar being asked a specific question, I actually liked that, it was fun to read and it was something new. I think you should bring that back.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 1:50 pm

y'all niggas want reviews, rankings, a newsletter, match blurbs another series, a tag division and WSA

the fuck i look like

Last edited by TheKrzyOne on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
RJ Smith
Jobber
RJ Smith

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:03 pm

I only doing the ones I like.

It would be cool to have another Championship in XWL but I think XWL so recreate one or something else.

I really like this idea but I think it should be like a King of The Ring thing you know. Like have matches set up for people that's in the King of The Ring and every week narrow it down by the people who win till the next ppv, and then at that ppv it would be the 2 finalist whoever wins is King of the Ring.

This would be nice because I love the BFG Series but could this really work with people switching every weekend.

This is a great idea. It can help make the ppv better. Even a Triple Threats since It use to happen all the time in WWE.

I like this. It would be good with little awards here and there.

This would cool.

21. NXT for CAWS

I like this idea the most lol. Like it would be like NXT now but no one moves up to breakdown or anything. Only thing is you have to do is make new rules. Like overall rules of the caw and certain finishers and have a background story to make it seem real. It can be like a every other week thing. Like NXT can last 2 weeks. This can give XWL a chance to have like NXT Tag Teams and NXT championships for caws. People can form tag teams if they want depending on the other person. Sounds like a amazing idea I can see it working.
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Dash wrote:
Just something extra I wanted to add on to here. Around a month ago, maybe a little longer, you started doing a backstage fallout with each superstar being asked a specific question, I actually liked that, it was fun to read and it was something new. I think you should bring that back.

I actually really enjoyed doing that, gave me another reason to read promos. I'd definitely be willing to bring this back if others also want it.
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:16 pm

The P1 wrote:
Dash wrote:

I actually really enjoyed doing that, gave me another reason to read promos. I'd definitely be willing to bring this back if others also want it.

I'll still do it if the members really want it to happen AND would actually take part in it. I was the one who started doing it the way it was so if people want it to become a more active thing, and sense Gaz took over managing AA people, I could do it unless Jerry wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:17 pm

The P1 wrote:
Dash wrote:

I'd participate
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Here's what we got so far. Bold numbers are the ones that people put as their top ones.

1  (X-Treme Title)
2 2 (PPV Awards)
3 3 3 (Match Gameplay Reviews)
4 4 4 (Raw Active)
5 5 (More Reviews)
8 8 8 (Matches Matter, BFG Series)
9 9 9 (Multi-Contender Matches)
10 10 (XAT or XWL Community Skype Chat)
12 (24/7 Title)
13 13 (Vote for PPV Poster)
14 14 14 (Member/Superstar/Feud of the Week)
15 15 15 (Summaries for Match Cards)
16 16 (Feuds Turned into Contender Matches)
17 (3 Finisher Rule Change)
18 (Newsletter)
20 20 20 20 (Non-PPV Special Events)
21 (NXT For CAWS)
22 (Old School Raw)

Last edited by The P1 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Austin wrote:
The P1 wrote:
Dash wrote:

I'll still do it if the members really want it to happen AND would actually take part in it. I was the one who started doing it the way it was so if people want it to become a more active thing, and sense Gaz took over managing AA people, I could do it unless Jerry wanted to.

Up to you. We could switch off if you don't feel like having to do it every week, or you can just do it, I'd be able to figure something else out to post every week to add to the site. Forgot that you created a Backstage Fallout before I did lol, so it's your choice seeing as you're the original Razz
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:52 pm

It'd be cool and all but we were scrapping together contenders for the mid card titles recently so there's no way we'd have enough to do this.

No. They were open for everyone to do them last time but we only got 5 or 6 votes INCLUDING all the admins. So that left like 3 members or so who voted for them, it's a community thing and so if they aren't going to take 3 minutes to participate then there's no need to have it.

I like the idea, but it probably won't work out. I mean, right now if someone isn't following the rules they usually tell an admin anyway so it's not a huge deal but being required to do it adds more stuff that requires community effort, which has been lacking, and can lead to fraudulent claims against a member because someone lost or something like that.

Another community activity thing, I'm for anything that gets the community more involved and together but relying on them/us until we've proven we're more reliable as far as participating is kinda meh in my mind. Yes they've been active about this change stuff but that's because they would like to help make big change, I'd like to see some follow through before.if we start implementing more votes and awards and such.

5. Having More Reviews

I'd love it, but people need to actually contribute. You can't just expect a review without doing one yourself, at least that's how people's mindset should be. I've never reviewed a promo in depth here because I usually don't have much to say besides I enjoyed it a lot plus stating a part I liked, BUT basically I'll start doing this as a test run and I might review more promos outside of this offer but if you review a promo of mine, I will review a promo of yours with an equal effort review. So if you say "That was nice." Ill respond to yours with "It was solid." or something like that. Reviews are an awesome tool that helped me when I first got here and could stil help me now and I'd like to see them back, but not burdened towards two or three people and have people begging for them without doing any themselves.

Nah, we seem to have enough tournaments anyway.

I think we're solid in that area, as far as Admins, I think we all pull our weight in different ways, I may pull mine a little less since I usually don't post anything substantial unless it's a new, not mentioned opinion.

100% no to the BFG part of this, too many variables for it to work. And to the second part, I want to say yes but with people already ignoring the "fun" part of matches in XWL this would only increase the output of try hardness in matches and it could frustrate people that this turns into a competitive, win above everything else league. I don;t understand this argument considering most of the time a contender has to win a contendership match to get in the title match every other match shouldn't matter cause they should be for fun anyway and I know I goof around a lot in weekly matches trying to have fun and making those matches matter more would hurt me a bit when I'm just trying to have fun. Leave the important matches as contender and title matches.

Personally, I'd prefer not so many. Opens up the door for complaining about matches and other stuff but mainly it maybe clouds the title picture and someone who deserves it more than someone else loses a match that's really easy to lose since theres multiple parties. I'm not saying no multi-man matches, just a limited number.

As huge of an issue this is for me, lack of community, I don't think the skype chat would work because it'd become an annoyance always having it popping up and shit. I'm fine for the switch to a XAT chat if it means more of a chance for us all to talk and discuss to each other like how it was when I first joined.

I think the admins are doing a good job of internally picking contenders with what we've had to select from. Separated rankings would just add more onto what the Admins have to do and more for people to complain about as far as how we decide to do it, I'm fine with the thing that was just posted by Krzy as long as it's not the end all be all of deciding contenders which would be the point of a ranking like this and I think those numbers can be misleading as far as how much one promo's or how many times you win. And I don't think either should be the main factor in deciding a contender, and if one has to be I'd prefer the promos as it's someone showing they're invested in their character.

Not sure what this means or how it'd be done. So no.

I don't think it should be limited to just feuds. Whoever is doing well and is doing good, consistent work should be up there. Whether it's a champion, contender, superstar, or whatever if they're doing good work they should be able to be on it. That said there is no reason to have repeat appearances in the same year with 12 different posters a year.

If people don't take it too seriously.

Meh. Indifferent.

All for this, if they're doing great and have built themselves up a bit outside of their feud that'd be an awesome reward for having a good feud.

Uh, no? Decreasing it is stupid and I'm fine if in big matches to 4 but no other differential.

Only if EVERYONE contributes, it's hard to do and having Krzy do it alone is stupid, I helped last time...can't remember what I actually did for it but I did do something small and Krzy still had to do alot of the stuff.

Enough with the tag team stuff, it'll never work. Also, enough with wanting more tournaments, there's already enough.

We had a solid amount this past year, they aren't special if we do many more.

21. NXT for CAWS

Uh, no. Make a CAW league with people from XWL if you'd want this it just wouldn't work and makes little sense.

22. Old School Breakdown

There are already legends that are regular roster members so Idk how this would work, but if we could spin it with maybe classic rematches then I guess it'd work.

23. XWL Royal Rumble

This would never work and doesn't need to even work, we've been fine without it and it would just be a hassle.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:06 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
y'all niggas want reviews, rankings, a newsletter, match blurbs another series, a tag division and WSA

the fuck i look like

man up
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Not at the moment, if activity picks up I think it could possibly be looked at, however it should be remembered how little people cared for it when we had at and how many people openly shit on the title in their promos.

PPV votes stopped because barely anyone voted for them, this was just over a month ago. I'm a fan of them personally, but clearly there wasn't enough interest to contribute to them so it's hard to complain about them not being around anymore, same as with the X-Treme Title.

I don't see the need for this, if someone plays cheap just tell an admin about it and it will be looked at, same if someones hard to get hold of/refusing to do their matches. If someone's not doing them the admins should know that when it's not posted in the cards.

Incredibly hard to do in my opinion, and I wouldn't be up for it.

5. Having More Reviews
I like reviews, even if it's not a review someone posting just to say they enjoyed your promo is nice. I don't get the idea of "well nobody reviewed mine so I'm not reviewing anyones either", if you don't understand why that attitude doesn't work well then you're a dumb dumb. I liked the Power 10, I didn't enjoy people moaning that they're not higher up on it, and at the time I stopped doing it I wasn't too high(amirite David?) up on XWL either, I might do it again, maybe not though, I don't know yet, shut up. Jerk.

G1 Climax is top, it would be great, however you'd need to choose the right people to be in it. Krzy tried something like it with the X-Treme Series, which unfortunately didn't work too well due to people being inactive, or dropping their guys mid-way through it.

No, to me honestly, 5 admins should be more than enough. David knows I'd do stuff if I'm asked to and if I have the time to do it.

Basically the G1 Climax. If we had enough guys being amazing consistently then YES. Not at the moment though. If you want better matches then promo them to make it in, you're not going to be booked well if you don't put in the effort.

I'm not a fan of them, if it made sense then sure.

Nope, and if that Skype chats made I'm leaving it right away, if you need to talk to me, pm me, XBL message me or Skype me directly.

I don't like rankings, I think it's known that the IC is a bigger title than the US title anyway, plus one admins opinion could be very different to another then a members could be different again, it would be nice to see how far off you are from a title shot admittedly, it's hard to do that though without others getting butt-hurt.

If it's just the fun then why do you need a title? Just play for fun.

I don't care to be completely honest, voting just elongate the process and it still won't keep everybody happy.

Meh.

That's what the scroll is meant to be for?

Yes, as long as all parties deserve it.

No.

If Krzy has the time and wants to. I don't think it's fair to look at Krzy to do it alone though. If you want it you can always pitch in and help him or do one yourself.

See every other tag team thread ever.

There are some every now and then, i I wouldn't want them too frequently though, then they won't be special.

21. NXT for CAWS
NO.

22. Old School Breakdown
Whats the point?

23. XWL Royal Rumble
Speaking from previous experience Royal Rumbles in leagues always work amazing well and nobody ever goes crazy over the result for no reason and nobody ever gets banned because of it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey Idea List!!   XWL Survey Idea List!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Survey Idea List!!
Page 1 of 1