Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonguin
Main Eventer

Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Empty
PostSubject: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:01 pm

*Raw Spoilers*

Does anyone else think WWE did the right thing? If Brodus came back as Monster Heel #4879 there probably would have been no reaction and he'd fade away in a few months. Especially with Kane and Henry still around. The gimmick has obviously gotten people to talk about him, and it's a gimmick that could easily catch on. People say they want more characters, wish granted. Of course, it's similar to characters of the past, but I need to call my mama.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:03 pm

Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Brodusclayweird
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:08 pm

I love it

Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? 2cyo2vd
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:53 pm

I thought it was great, he seemed comfortable playing that role. It's a fun gimmick and he got to show that he's not just another big man with the moves he used.

How many times have we seen big guys come in and ultimately fail?

Heidenreich
Matt Morgan
A-Train
Nathan Jones
Gene Snitsky
Khali
Giant Silva
Luke Gallows
Big Daddy V
Giant Gonzales
Mark Jindrak
and others.

Some of them just plain sucked. But the ones who had talent ended up failing because nobody had a reason to care about them. Clay has a gimmick that makes people remember him, and he'll probably get quite popular with it too. And when he does turn heel and become the monster heel people will actually care.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:57 pm

When he turns heel he can use this theme

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:10 pm

I love it it's absolutely hilarious and awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:23 pm

I don't think I could put into words how much I hate it.

I had high hopes for Clay after NXT and he's definitely capable of a decent promo.

Then they do this...

I feel sorry for him and I hope the gimmick fails badly so we get normal Brodus back.

Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Red wrote:

I had high hopes for Clay after NXT and he's definitely capable of a decent promo.

Then they do this...

I feel sorry for him and I hope the gimmick fails badly so we get normal Brodus back.

I'm willing to give the new gimmick a chance, but, I'm more inclined to agree with Red here. I'm not saying I want this gimmick to fail but, I just don't like it and I kinda, can't wait for the heel turn. This just reminds me of two wrestlers from the early 90's mixed together. One I loved, the other, I can't stand. So, yeah, bring back the "Old" Brodus tbh.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:08 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1017209-wwe-news-wwe-possibly-facing-major-issue-for-next-weeks-monday-night-raw-show

random
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:39 am

it may not be great , but i think its better then any other gimmick the would have gave him (prolly woulda been everyday big guy with nothing to seperate himself. At least this does give him that little extra aspect to him.

the one chick had about the most perfect ass lol so thats a +

anyone else see a mix between godfather and before mentioned rikishi?
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:15 am

Missed Raw, now i'm glad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:43 am

lol its not as bad as it sounds....

and i think if he came out there like he was when on nxt

just big dumb strong type heel...then we would not be talking about his debut lol but since they gave him the run dmc looking gimmick now were talking about it. which i guess is what they wanted

it trended worldwide number1 for a while and yea like some1 mentioned before people want more characters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:55 pm

I like it. Reminds me of the early 90's. Wrestling is suppose to have interesting characters.
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:55 pm

http://vids.wwe.com/14586/wwecom-exclusive-brodus-clay-on

There's only two things you can do about it: Nothin' and love it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Red wrote:

Then they do this...

I wouldn't feel sorry for him, I read they let him choose his gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?   Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brodus Clay: Genius or Stupid?
Page 1 of 1