Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

WWE 2K20 Testing

Go down 
+4
Plus
Kingbane606
Sam
P.R Son
8 posters
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Empty
PostSubject: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 5:30 pm

So when WWE 2K20 launched, we were all excited for a new game, as we typically spend the months leading into release kind of ready for something new, ready to leave the old game behind.

Which unfortunately, WWEK20 on release was just, awful. Glitchy, buggy, all kinds of a disaster. Moves wouldn't connect, you couldn't use alternate attires online (as a CAW) without the game crashing immediately...and it left a lot to be desired. Naturally due to this we all had to accept that currently despite wanting to leave 19 behind, we couldn't.

So the admin team upon return from our usual new game break had to decide that we must remain a 19 league for a bit longer. We had high hopes in the second patch (since you know day one was just not a worthwhile patch. So we delayed things and came back a little later for our Slammy Award special. But it's clear that the motivation and drive hasn't been there, at all. Like some of you haven't even been trying, like, AT ALL.

But some have, and we appreciate the effort you've put in during this difficult time. The second patch dropped during our return card, and it literally again did nothing to address the main issues that prevented us from using WWE 2K20. So a month passed, or maybe longer it's all kind of blurred together. But it passed, no patches, no fixes, no news of any kind. Then finally last week, another patch drops...and this one seemed quite substantial. Upon playing it against AJ (Legal) to all of you, it addressed the hit detection issues...it addressed some of the glitches and mess. And I could finally use a CAW (Cloned Superstar Alternate Attire) without the game crashing. You still can't use an Alt Attire without doing that, but you can at least do that...which is passable at this point.

I made a post in The WWEK20 discord channel but only one person responded, and I haven't seen anyone spark up any discussion after the patch dropped so here it is. The game isn't 100% fixed...but I've had a few good matches since the patch dropped with a few different people...and while it has a few issues, they're not game breaking like they were. So my question to every member is this, what do you think?

The card that began today is a 2 week card both because of the holidays and because I want us to try and test out WWE 2K20 throughout these next 2 weeks. I want EVERYONE to actively try to do matches on this game that we haven't been able to touch since we bought it...and see what you think, cite your experiences and advice for the unique situation the league has found itself in.

And when you develop those thoughts and that feedback, I want you to post that in this thread, or on the discord channel wherever will get the conversation rolling and I want us to collectively decide what the step ahead is.

Because clearly the past month's lack of activity says that something has to change, because while myself and others have been putting out content, a majority of you have not. 3 matches got done in the entire 2 week card that took place last week. And two of those involved me....so let's figure this out together and let's do it now.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Upper Mid Card
Sam

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 3:08 am

I haven’t replied to this thread because I haven’t touched the game since a few days after it was released, so I have no firsthand opinion on whether or not it’s functional enough for us to fully switch over to now.

However, I do think clinging to 2k19 much longer is just going to continue to drag the mood and motivation to do matches down and if it’s at all possible to work with 2k20 after the most recent update, I think we should try. I can’t speak for everyone else when I say this, but I for one just do not want to go back onto 2k19. Like you pointed out, there’s a lot of hype that comes with a new game (regardless of how much this one sucked eggs), and with that comes a lot of disinterest in the previous game. Honestly, I haven’t been into playing 2k19 since September and I don’t really see that changing as time goes by, so I hope that the patch made things workable and that others who’ve actually tested it out will have more to say about it.
Back to top Go down
Kingbane606
New Talent

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 3:13 am

I say we stick to 2k19 because it is familiar and everyone is good with it regardless of hype etc. I've read nothing but bad reviews for 2k20 so until they drop the price of it or fix it I will not be buying it
Back to top Go down
Plus
Mid Card
Plus

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 6:40 am

Nothing works in this new game. Online does nothing and achievements don't unlock no matter what you do.

I have not touched it in weeks and I doubt I will until it gets a serious patch.

Stick with 19 for the time being.
Back to top Go down
LazyEye513
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 7:13 am

I have both and will play both depending on what my opponent plays. Honestly I just want to have fun and I can do either with either game so when it comes to booking it won't really matter who you match me up with ya know?
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 10:35 pm

Plus wrote:
Nothing works in this new game. Online does nothing and achievements don't unlock no matter what you do.

I have not touched it in weeks and I doubt I will until it gets a serious patch.

Stick with 19 for the time being.

The purpose of this thread is because it got a serious patch last week.

I'm just going to say if I'm going to take the effort to try to get things on track by starting a conversation if people could read the thread before responding that'd be great.

"Then finally last week, another patch drops...and this one seemed quite substantial. Upon playing it against AJ (Legal) to all of you, it addressed the hit detection issues...it addressed some of the glitches and mess. And I could finally use a CAW (Cloned Superstar Alternate Attire) without the game crashing. "

The purpose of this thread is to say everyone who has it, play it and give your feedback on what you feel about the game now that it's finally gotten a patch that actually did something.

Or in Sam's case give perspective and put forth your opinion with reasonable logic despite not playing it. He's saying if most seem to think its okay give it a shot because to him and some others I've spoken to behind the scenes they're not motivated because they don't wanna play 19 anymore, they were over it and having to stick with it is just not working.

Activity is pathetic and if we're going to continue the league if I'm going to put effort into booking coming up with ideas (LIKE AN INTECONTINENTAL #1 CONTENDERS TOURNAMENT)  then SOMETHING is changing. You are one of the members who isn't doing promos much less doing your matches on 19. And if you can't at least get your matches done you should be promoing because if you aren't hit by the lack of motivation by the game since you're saying stick with 19 then what needs to change because I am fed up of this bs from everyone who has been here yet is doing nothing.

If the game isn't the problem for you as for why you aren't contributing as a member then what is?

Because this thread while started as a "HEY A PATCH DROPPED CAN WE PLAY 20 NOW Y'ALL THINK?" is essentially a thread saying everyone needs to get their act together because having a 2 week card and only having 11 posts last week? RIDICULOUS.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 12:12 am

Lazy and I did our match on 2K20. Had one de-sync but after that it was pretty smooth sailing. I'm just glad they finally turned music off in matches. The newest DLC is actually pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
Strummania
Mid Card
Strummania

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 1:18 am

I don't have 2k20 Sad
Back to top Go down
Qverset
New Talent

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 11:35 pm

(sorry for the language ahead of time)

Cons
-CC is F****** Broking ~crashes when I go on cc~
- Create a championship F****** sucks
- can't use a custom arena online
- crashes when I try to make my players
- can't do a match for some reason it's crashing alot

Pros
- Runs smoothly  when in a decent match
- alt attires work for the most part but as a caw
- controls are fairly easy to grasp
- decent matches
- create a superstar is ok
- Mechanics are ok

That's my take on it

-edit
I agree with zack dlc is pretty fun and some of the new moves are great!

Back to top Go down
Plus
Mid Card
Plus

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 2:32 am

From what I played from 2020 it is good, handles well and is pretty fun to play - had an online match a few times as well with no isses (no caws)

Only issue now is with this 2020 bug? Is that a real thing? I don't want to load up the game on my console and have it crash and system reboot my console.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Upper Mid Card
Sam

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 12:15 pm

Plus wrote:
From what I played from 2020 it is good, handles well and is pretty fun to play - had an online match a few times as well with no isses (no caws)

Only issue now is with this 2020 bug? Is that a real thing? I don't want to load up the game on my console and have it crash and system reboot my console.

As far as I can tell the bug’s been fixed

1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  F2cac710
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K20 Testing    1 - WWE 2K20 Testing  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE 2K20 Testing
Page 1 of 1