Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

My Smackdown Experience

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

My Smackdown Experience Empty
PostSubject: My Smackdown Experience   My Smackdown Experience Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:00 am

Okay so I went on my laptop earlier this morning, and to my Ted fansite to see about some caps for a promo...Well I see on the side Ted's twitter saying something about being in Greenville, South Carolina for Smackdown, and instantly I raged because I had no clue they were coming here. Well go out, pay some bills, think it over, and finally I'm like well maybe some tickets are left. I stop by the Bi-Lo center and lucky for me they still had some fairly decent seats left. Got on the opposite end of the hard camera view near the stage where all the pyro is and everything. This was my first time going to something like this in over ten years, like when I was really young.

Before I get into spoilers, I'll just say to anyone who hasn't been to a show, I highly advise you do. I was unsure about going, but I thought "fuck it" and decided to since they were here. And man, best decision ever...The matches were exciting to watch, the fans themselves were hilarious to listen to, especially this little kid behind me that failed starting chants in every way possible and everyone kept chuckling at that.

Okay so spoiler time...

Warning, somewhat detailed spoilers below, if ya don't want to know, don't scroll down.

The show kicks off with a dark match, I don't remember his name but some guy faced Ezekiel Jackson. Holy fuck was Ezekiel over...I don't know if the crowd was just that pumped or he's that loved, but he got like an insane reaction the entire time, from entrance, to when he left. So he won by via torture rack fairly easily.

NXT starts, which I didn't want to see, I assumed it'd be shit, but watching it live instead of online is actually entertaining.

The showed a video package at first which was so awkward to watch...Was nothing but Maxine and Bateman basically making out very aggressively, they even zoomed in on it...That surprised me since I don't think that's very PG considering they REALLY were into it. Anyways during that JTG came out t and he got some cheap heat by saying Whats up Greenville! And when people cheered, he's like don't cheer me, I said hatersville. It got some heat and he then introduced Maxine and Bateman they had a small promo where Bateman eventually put on a ring on Maxine's finger to make it official, Titus, Watson and AJ came out, they basically spent the entire time making fun of Maxine, calling her fishlips and even went as far as saying they found her father for Bateman to ask for permission. Well they pull out this sack with this fish in it, wasn't really funny but the kids liked it. In the end Striker came out and made the main-event Derrick,JTG, and Maxine against Titus, Percy, and AJ in a six person tag-team match.

Next the Uso's came out after a commercial break, we were again close to the pyro so my ears popped every way possible when their flame pyro went off. You could actually feel the heat where I was too. Kidd comes out on the microphone ( That's right Bronzeh, more promo pics and says Curt and Reks were kicked off NXT but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a partner, because he's going to give a guy who got the short end of the stick a chance tonight. He introduces Johnny Curtis and a typical tag-team match happens. Kidd did a good job of getting heat while on the apron, it finally ended with the Uso's doing a samoan drop/ splash tag-team combo on Curtis. So much for that chance...

We then see AJ backstage in her locker room, Kaitlyn walks up, they have a somewhat friendly conversation but it seemed like some tension was there, maybe it was just me but they eventually ended it on a friendly note announcing Kaitlyn and Tamina would face in a rematch next. Kaitlyn comes out, she was fairly over for a diva, Tamina out next, an okay match between the two, the ending came when Kaitlyn grabbed hold of Tamina, for what looked like the Wedgie Flatliner she used before, but then swerved and did a side effect for the three count. ( New finisher Red, just in time for your title reign eh? )

Finally the main-event came, it was okay but nothing special, Titus pinned JTG I think...Can't remember it really and NXT ended with a staredown.

They then changed the ring for superstars which was actually cool to watch. They had like this cool assembly line and changed it just in time for the video packages they kept showing to stop. Justin Gabriel came out first, I was sad because I was hoping for Ted but alas he did not come out. Jinder was Gabriel's opponent and they had a decent match, some cool spots, Gabriel tried landing on his feet from like a lionsault but stumbled a bit, thankfully the ropes were behind him so it didn't look bad. Jinder tried for his full nelson slam, but Gabriel countered into an STO, and then rolled onto the apron to nail the 450 splash. Which was cool to watch live I'll admit.

They then changed the ring apron again, which my heart sank because they changed it to Smackdown, which meant no Ted okay

Smackdown opens up with Tony Chimel announcing that the opening contest would be a street fight, everyone in the arena marked at that because I don't think anyone expected that at all... Orton's theme hit and like the pop of the night, no contest, everyone was on their feet cheering for him, he was just insanely over...You never know how over someone is until you hear it live. Next out is Cody which gets a good amount of heat. They start the match well, without giving away too much it was fucking awesome. Like they fought on the stage, and even in the crowd, sadly it was like 5 - 10 feet away from me so boourns... Another epic spot had to be when Cody was pulled over the barricade at the time keeper station, then Orton hit the usually rope hung, DDT. Got a huge pop for that. Orton came out on top by throwing him into the ring after that and nailing an RKO. Following the match he celebrated a bit, then as he exited the ring, he saw a paper bag on the floor so he looked at it, then picked it up to another large reaction and slid into the ring putting the bag over Cody. Cody sold it so well, even when the lights went off he kept it on until he finally ripped it off and threw a tantrum in the ring.

During the commercial they had Tyson Kidd get a dark entrance, and then Matt Striker appeared on the tron to tell us that when this next match concludes we'll hear from Mark Henry. and my first thoughts were, oh great Big Show is going to kill poor Tyson, why couldn't it be Ted?...Then Ted's theme hit cheers He was fairly over too, surprised me a bit, side note, I have to have his titantron, looks too cool. Decent short match, Ted tries for Dream Street but Kidd backs him into the corner, but Ted kept the hold, kept applying pressure before pulling Kidd out of the corner and nailing Dream Street.

Henry interview happens, he sees someone in the distance and then begins walking over to him, my first thought, oh god it's Ted and he's going to kill him...But surprisingly it was Daniel Bryan and after a small exchange of words Henry challenged Bryan to a match tonight, and Bryan accepted. He also had a badass new t-shirt.

Following that Alicia Fox's theme hit, either it's growing on me, or it just sounds better in a loud arena. She played to the fans a good bit, did the call me motion at a good many and then she started dancing to her theme. People may not like her theme but she sure seemed to. Natalya was out next, decent match, very short though. It ends with Fox nailing an enzuigir, Natalya being knocked on her back, then Alicia does a standing flip into a leg drop for the three count. Bout time she finally ditched the axe kick.

Big Show was then seen walking backstage and I immediately plugged my ears but it was no use, his pyro was so fucking loud. He comes out and tries to be funny...He finally says a line that gets some chuckles "Momma said knock you out" Christian's theme hits, he plays up his gimmick well, Big Show teases a KO punch several times and Christian calls him out on it, he simply says hes scratching his chin and eventually hes like Christian I'm not going to knock you out...Cue him doing the chokeslam that next second. He leaves, commercial, Sheamus theme hits, Christian's holding his throat on the outside, Wade's theme then hits, and he says Sheamus should face him instead. Another good match, the crowd had me laughing because the women and children chanted "Let's go Sheamus" and like as clear as day you could hear the men chanting "Lets go Barrett" this continued for a good bit. Christian gets on the apron for the finish, giving Barrett time to roll up Sheamus from behind by pulling the tights for a three count. Christian then spears Sheamus, they leave to heat, cue another commercial.

Backstage promo next, Bryan getting ready, Big Show comes in says he'll be in his corner tonight, and then Sin Cara comes out, a Brodus Clay video package is shown, we then go backstage where Sheamus and Barrett are brawling, ends with security keeping them apart, and during all of this Epico gets the dark entrance. Comes back from commercial, match begins, was actually good for a Sin Cara match. I remember making a comment that I'm impressed no botches at all...Then cue that next second Cara botching a springboard hurricanra, and by botching I mean brutal...They both were just so lost after that, Cara gets in control goes for Swanton bomb, Hunico runs out, pushes him off, disqualification. Then...Something else unexpected happened, Epico and Hunico actually double teamed Cara successfully although they did botch a double team move. They came out on top and left to Hunico's theme.

Next we saw an awesome video package for Steve Austin, at first I was like...Oh my god did he die? Because it was like epic sad music...But then they swerved with the hyping of his new DVD out later this month.

Henry's theme hits, usual entrance, Bryan's theme hits, not really a loud reaction which was disappointing. They work the match a bit, Henry gets in control, Bryan eventually mounts a comeback, and like the arena exploded when he did. This stupid kid behind me tried a "Daniel Bryan sucks chant" but just like every other chant he kept telling his father he was going to start, it failed. Huge pops for his kicks oddly enough. Crowd was pro Bryan after that match ends by disqualification after Henry kills Bryan in the corner with three charging body splashes. Big Show slid in after that knocking Henry out via KO punch. Cue disqualification, Henry was knocked clear out, wasn't moving, good selling. Big Show then grabs a bottle of water, wakes Bryan up, hands him his case, and the arena yet again explodes. He shoves Bryan into the ring with his case, the referee asks Bryan if he wants, to he starts to hand it over, but then Henry rises, tries to hit Henry with case, but Worlds strongest slam, Big Show comes in but gets a Worlds strongest slam too. Cue Teddy Long's theme, he announces at Survivor Series Henry will defend his title against Big Show and cue a staredown to end the show.

I left before the dark main-event parking was kind of a bitch so didn't want to get held up by that. Upon heading to the exit of the building, a lady handed out a plastic flier basically hyping Cena's movie. All in all was an amazing show...For finding out about it like seven hours before it was set to begin, and getting last minute tickets, I had a lot of fun. Was surprised by the card but very pleased. My mark out moment had to be when Ted was actually on Smackdown, and won. I swear he's like Smackdown's version of Ryder just not as over. Doubt anyone will read this but I'll just say I urge ya to go to a houseshow or T.V taping if ya can, they're unbelievably fun.

Back to top Go down
Reece
New Talent
Reece

PostSubject: Re: My Smackdown Experience   My Smackdown Experience Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:16 am

You should point out to us all where you are if you catch yourself on TV.

I've been to 2 house shows with Alan, and they were awesome. Probably the best memory I have was at the...smackdown one? I dont remember, anyway, Stone Cold's theme hit and the crowd went insane, me and Alan were laughing cause we knew what was going on, then you could actually hear the disappointment when Tony Chimel announced "Stone Cold Steve Haastin."
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: My Smackdown Experience   My Smackdown Experience Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:51 am

PointlessManiac wrote:
You should point out to us all where you are if you catch yourself on TV.

I've been to 2 house shows with Alan, and they were awesome. Probably the best memory I have was at the...smackdown one? I dont remember, anyway, Stone Cold's theme hit and the crowd went insane, me and Alan were laughing cause we knew what was going on, then you could actually hear the disappointment when Tony Chimel announced "Stone Cold Steve Haastin."

Lmfao, yeah I'll try to see if I am but I doubt it, the camera kept showing the far left of me instead of where I was. But I think at some points in a more zoomed out way they showed my section so who knows.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: My Smackdown Experience   My Smackdown Experience Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Cool story, sis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Smackdown Experience   My Smackdown Experience Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:00 pm

awesome David glad you had fun i have never been to a tv taping but i have been to like 3 house shows and their awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Smackdown Experience   My Smackdown Experience Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Well, speaking of house shows. WWE house show in Dublin tonight, the one show I decide not to go in a long time and I miss the return of MICK FOLEY!

My Smackdown Experience Tumblr_ltjnqm3jjo1qzfa1f

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: My Smackdown Experience   My Smackdown Experience Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:10 pm

umad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Smackdown Experience   My Smackdown Experience Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:12 pm

E/T wrote:
umad
Hemad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Smackdown Experience   My Smackdown Experience Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:13 pm

E/T wrote:
umad

My Smackdown Experience Tumblr_lq7cqx3V7M1qhbp56o1_250
My Smackdown Experience 5hj3v

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Smackdown Experience   My Smackdown Experience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Smackdown Experience
Page 1 of 1